A Girl Named Ikana...

compose a reply
A Girl Named Ikana...Sept 22, 2023 16:37:23 GMT -5
Sora Minami
"You cannot cage a storm."
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
"I will." Sora said, smiling at Ikana as the girl spoke. "I care, Ikana." And she did. Truly. Perhaps it was inappropriate, being so… attached to one of her (now former) Genin students, but she was. She was like a little sister in a way, small and vulnerable, terrified of reaching out yet desperate for someone, anyone to be there. So when her student… No, when her sister stood up, clearly distressed, the Jounin didn’t let her go. Her hands moved fast, grabbing the girl tight and pulling her into a hug- one that, no matter how hard the Chuunin struggled, wouldn’t be broken. Not in an oppressive way, but loving. Tenderly firm.

"It’s ok Ikana. You don’t have to run away anymore." She whispered, stroking the girl’s hair as she spoke, her voice soft and gentle against Ikana’s ear. "I’m not going anywhere. I promise."

Exousia has written 492 posts
A Girl Named Ikana...Sept 22, 2023 19:05:25 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Sora said that if there was anyone that was going to be around to look at her shine? It would at least be Sora. To cheer her on. To comfort her when she was down. It made her solemnly think. Because she knew Sora did. She cared. Ikana was addicted. To the sorrow. And the buzz ends till tomorrow. Until another dose of poison went and dripped through her veins. Another dose of pleasure that resides by the pain. She found herself hugged, and with it, at least for now, she felt the need to run away fade. At least for this moment. "...Thank you." She said softly. She felt as if at least in this moment?

Sora was someone reliable. Still, it didn't mean that Ikana shouldn't exercise caution. If people so distrusted her so. If the village viewed her as someone worth keeping an eye out for despite the dues she paid? She felt threatened by that. Because on one hand, she knew she made that mistake. But damn it, she paid for it. She served her sentence like any adult would. Maybe they thought she was someone who was going to hold some sort of lifelong seed of resentment. Maybe she should. On the other hand? The village trusted her enough and saw enough merit in her skill to promote her to the rank of Chuunin. How could she look at that and not feel satisfaction at least in that?

Then there was the third thought. That as they kept an eye out on her all this time. Saw her suffering, or if not that, the lack of joy, they'd never truly sent someone to help her in that time? That was why she felt incredibly conflicted. Because as in the past, she had once been given someone to care and make her feel comfort. Now, Sora was here doing the same. Was she just a more direct way to monitor her? Was she truly so cynical as to think such horrible thoughts? She remembered just as if it were yesterday, that Sora made it clear they monitored her movements. It felt hard to relax. It felt hard to melt into Sora's arms.

"...Thank you. For caring about me." She thanked Sora, for caring about a girl named Ikana. Though she never got to say the three words she really wanted to say. Because she was terrified. "I love you."

[End]
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Sept 22, 2023 19:08:20 GMT -5
dandead10 has written 642 posts