Balsam Blossoms [Kai/Training]

compose a reply
Balsam Blossoms [Kai/Training]Oct 9, 2023 19:34:41 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Easier said than done, obviously, but at least Kai wasn't adverse to the training. He continued to focus on his chakra, letting it flow through his weapon and down through his hand, stretching out his neck as he felt a very subtle calm begin to form over his body.

"I see. Thank you for the assistance, cousin... And for the compliments." He didn't feel as though he'd earned them yet though. He'd hardly been in many fights since his accident, so whether or not his weapons would bear any fruit towards conquest was yet to be shown. Still, he would put on a brave face and act as impartial as he could towards it, as his eyes darted up and over at his cousin.

"You said you were working on something. Is it something I can help with?" Izusa had done a lot for him- But he saw that frustration before. Maybe there was something Kai could do in return for the aid he had been presented with? At the very least, he could take a look at whatever the older Uchiha was working on. Kai wasn't exactly an expert, but having a second opinion or head in the game often came about to a better solution.
Caelum has written 219 posts
Balsam Blossoms [Kai/Training]Oct 11, 2023 2:40:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday January 15 rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor

Onward and outward

The instructor could only nod at the boy's words, sparing yet another warm smile. "Anytime, Kai-kun." True, he wasn't a 'harsh' teacher. But neither was he one to sugarcoat. Instruction required encouragement and criticism both.

In the younger Uchiha's case, it seemed he was due some of the former. "You have real potential. I've taught enough to be able to tell." A hand reached out to pat the boy on his shoulder, nodding in approval as his red eyes met his cousin's. "So don't worry, I'm not just buttering you up." A small laugh escaped his lips. This had been... needed.

Before Kai happened upon him he was stuck with some of his darker thoughts. Not a healthy way to be by any means. It was why when he asked if there was something he could help with Izusa simply shook his head.

Cutting off the flow of chakra to his own shuriken, he returned the tool to his hip pouch and turned his gaze back to the glaive. "I was just lost in thought, is all. You've already helped by taking my mind off of things." If it sounded a bit vague, it was. There was much he couldn't speak of and more he wished to forget. But his words were genuine.

Teaching others always helped to remind him of who he used to be. The kind, caring person that he'd been before his induction into Root. Instead of just someone playing a part. "I should probably go figure out tomorrow's lesson plans..." The realization hit him, and his expression flattened out. Looking wholly exasperated even as the red faded from his eyes and they returned back to black. "Such a pain." He thought, moving to collect the rest of his shuriken that had since stopped burning. Once he returned back across the river, he looked to the younger Uchiha. Clan matters had been tense lately, but... "Keep up the hard work, cousin. And I'll be around if you ever need anything."

A reminder, the same one he would give to the rest of his extended family. Despite any differences they all had remaining divided could only hurt them all. Unity was in desperate need amongst the Uchiha. Soon, there were things that he might have to do that could take him away from the village... but until then? He would do his part.

No matter what, he would be there for them all. In whatever capacity he was able. "Later, cousin." One small wave and he was off. Already dreading writing up the to-do list for tomorrow's class. Shurikenjutsu, maybe? Who knew.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:
N/A

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

JISEISHIN - ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL

"Self control." Possessing only average chakra reserves, Izusa learned early on to keep his energy expenditure minimal. Using only the required amount of chakra and nothing more to perform his jutsu. This allows him to not only ration out his chakra more efficiently, but to remain active in battle for longer periods of time without tiring. Restraint is vital to any ninja.

SHARINGAN - KKG

Wielder of his clan's legendary dōjutsu, the Sharingan gives Izusa incredible sensory awareness. Color springs to life in vivid hues and his clarity is enhanced, making even chakra visible to his red eyes. Still incomplete since its awakening, it requires further improvement. As his one tomoe spins, his eyes allow him to perceive his opponent to an enhanced degree and follow their movements with more ease. Understanding firsthand the great cost that comes with furthering one's Sharingan, Izusa is in no rush to develop it soon. Instead utilizing it only when necessary and treating his Kekkei Genkai like any other skill. Notably, his dominant right eye has a tendency to activate first on its own when his emotions rise.

ONKOCHISHIN - INTELLIGENCE

"Review past, know future." An avid reader for as long as he can remember, Izusa is ever thoughtful. Scrolls on poetry, life, war, tactics, human nature— all providing him keen insight into others. Making him an experienced tactician. Applying this to his shinobi training, his sharp mind allows him to read situations and opponents expertly. Concocting masterful plans even in the midst of combat to compensate for his own shortcomings and capitalize on weaknesses in their defenses.
Yenga has written 125 posts