Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]

compose a reply
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Oct 4, 2023 13:10:20 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
I have an entire world filled with reasons to become stronger!
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday March 17th rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor
Kojirou had been… having tracking issues lately. He was informed that an extremely skilled weaponist was searching for students in Konohagakure, and since the Yomi were weird, the Kuishinbou were scary, and the Futago were either trying to kill him or seduce him, why not track down this swordslinger himself? Maybe even challenge them to a duel… it was a standard in his clan, after all. He was told that such brave actions were good experience, too.

But he had to hurry – there was a Chūnin Exams coming up, and he was tasked with returning in good time for the delivery of a very, very special item for a very, very special Gokage. He could only spend, like, three days in Konohagakure, henceforth – and those three days had to be used wisely.

But he couldn’t find this famed weaponist anywhere – people just kept telling him that everybody was good with weapons in one way or another, which saddened the naïve swordslinger himself. He spent the afternoon of the first day treating his chakra-conductive katana on a bench near one of the training grounds spread over the village, visibly… careless about his status as a Kusa-nin. He’d been so since he met Shigure-senpai, Azarea, Asuka, Miroru, Itsuki… huh. He could’ve sworn he met more.

"Sorry for getting your hopes up, Tsuna-… wait, your name’s not Tsunagu anymore. It’s, uh… uhhhhhhhhh… Tenchi Kaichin! Wait, that doesn’t roll off smoothly… Zanka Kai- the last one needs to be different… Zangetsu? Zachikirimaru? W-Wait, why does it have to start with a Z…”

Now he just began pondering. "Kūkakumaru… Tsunematsu… Hōkamaru… urrrgghh, I wish you could talk to me, swordie…”
Koji has written 365 posts
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Oct 6, 2023 4:14:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku just arrived to the training grounds, dressed in her new attire. On her eyelids are red eyeshadow and black eyeliner. Her earrings are a single red wooden pole, similar to one of a torii gate. She wore a dark navy blue short sleeve shirt that goes over her usual navy blue mask. It covers her face up to the upper bridge of her nose, making one have to look into her usually expressionless eyes.

The shirt is a black crop top and would reveal her navel but she has it wrapped in white bandages along with everything past her forearms. She wears navy blue shorts that only reach half way down her thighs, her pouches hooked onto the back. Over her shorter wear is a jet black jacket-cloak that reaches halfway down to her ankles in length and covers her hands, going an inch past her fingers. The black cloak has a high collar that reaches halfway up to her ears. On the back of the jacket is the Uchiha emblem. She only zips up her jacket up to the middle of her abs, letting it hang open otherwise more loosely.

All for the style of it. Strapped to her back, Tokaku's wooden sheath holds her sword, the black belt running diagonally across her chest and over her shoulder.Her hands, palms and wrists are also covered in white bandages, except her middle and index fingers. Over her hands are blue fingerless dark, navy blue gloves. On her left thigh is a kunai holder and both of her knees are wrapped in white bandages. The rest of her skin is bare. She has black socks that reach halfway up her calves with dark navy blue shinobi sandals over the pair of black socks.

On her forehead is her Konohagakure no Sato headband with a black strap. As she was walking she happened to come across a young man whom she met in passing during the last Chuunin Exams. Momo Tojirou… right? She wasn't always the best with names. She walked over with her hands in her pockets still. She got to overhear him. He was choosing a name for his katana. "Hmmm. I got one, Monohoshizao. You look like a humble and simple man, so give it a humble and simple name." Tokaku suggested, looking down at him as she hovered over the Kusagakure shinobi.

TAG: @
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Oct 6, 2023 11:56:02 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
”Tsuzukemaru… no, that doesn’t sound right. Must’ve been used before… c’moooooooon, I just need a unique name…” Kojirou groaned, holding his sheathed katana up in the air to inspect it further, "… I mean, you are a… no, you’re not simple. That’d be mean, b-but you look like Tsunagu! So how about… Tsunagu-ni? Tsu-ni-gu? Wait, that last one… nah. Atagi would just laugh at me if I called on you-"

And then, perhaps the tallest member of the last Chūnin Exams gave him a suggestion, causing Kojirou’s heavy, thought-filled head to lean back, until he almost laid on his back trying to look back towards her. "… Monohoshizao… wait, that could work!” he lit up in joy, lifting his katana high up in the air with both arms as he got back up on his feet, "Monohoshizao! It doesn’t sound humble and simple, but… maybe that’s the charm behind it! Thanks for the help, uh… you were at the last Chūnin Exams, too- I remember you! The tallest shinobi I’ve met…”

Now standing up himself, the height difference was more than jarring for the envious swordsman. Constantly trying to confirm it by holding a hand over his head, then further up to match her height, and repeat, he soon came to realize that it wasn’t just a statement… it was a fact.

"… I’ll grow up soon,” Kojirou sulked, immediately back on his butt hugging his sheath. "But, uh… hey, what’s your sword’s name, then? Since you’re so good at naming… wait, lemme guess-"

A bunch of incomprehensible blabber escaped his mouth at that point, which was mostly mutable by mere will. None of the guesses were right.
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 17, 2023 6:33:07 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The boy fell backwards just trying to look up at Tokaku, making her sigh in slight annoyance. She was even a few inches taller since the last Chuunin Exams in fact, hitting what would hopefully be her last growth spurt. At the very least, he seemed to like the name she suggested to give his sword, holding it high in the air. This made her smile slightly behind her mask. "I'm okay at naming things. And yes, I was at the last Chuunin Exams. Didn't get to finish them however due to let's just say a mistake that led to an accident." She explained, answering his question.

"I'm doubtful I'm that tall. What about that one boy from your village? Mīchi or something like that?" She asked, remembering a young man with bi-colored hair. He was taller than her if she was remembering correctly. She said this as he stood up and tried to compare heights. She of course towered over him, as she did most people. Especially nowadays. Funnily enough, she wasn't even as tall as her mother and that was one of the aspects that made her father fall for her mother. Of course it was because he was eye level with her breasts.

"Height isn't everything." She responded, but of course it probably would come off a bit tactless due to being far above average height herself with even more potential to grow taller than what she already was. When Koji asked her what the name of the sword that was strapped to her back was called, she narrowed her eyes at the jab of her naming style. "This is just a regular ōdachi for now. Nothing special. However, when I become Chuunin, I'll be getting a blade from the Hatake clan and I'm going to name it Ama no Sakahoko, the Inverted Spear of Heaven. Named after a dagger with a long hilt from my favorite series of books I once read." She explained.

Speaking of swords, she came here to train with hers. "Speaking of. Mind sparring with me, we can clash our blades a little. I can use a challenge." She asked.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 17, 2023 10:06:57 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Mīchi? Wait, maybe she meant Ichī! "Ichī’s super tall! Sometimes, I forget he’s closer to my age than any adult’s,” Kojirou pondered, wondering if he’d ever get his growth spurt and reach the same heights. Funny enough, the tall and majestic Tokaku cut down on any notion of that thought holding any importance, stating clearly and with logic behind her words that height wasn’t everything – and for a kunoichi of her stature, height-wise, he had to believe her.

Regular… huh. But it was a long sword, so why wasn’t it special- ohhhh, she was going to wait for a special sword once she became Chūnin too. Kojirou didn’t know anything about the habits of the Hatake clan, but it sounded intriguing – getting your very own, special sword after hitting that milestone must’ve been cause for celebration. Her choice for its name, however, left Kojirou loading his brain. "But it’s a sword…” he wondered, hearing about the namesake being a dagger with a long hilt- wait, you meant a spear?

What… what was the difference, again? This left Kojirou pondering even deeper – a spear was, for all intents and purposes, a sort of dagger… a long dagger, maybe, but with a very long hilt too. But was there a difference?

All of those worries were washed away when she suggested a spar. "Sure! I gotta test out my new sword, too,” Kojirou agreed, and thus there was nothing more to talk about. Leaping up in the air with a backflip, he made distance between him and Tokaku, then might’ve begun tearing down the unintentional façade that was his goofy and inexperienced nature, unsheathing his katana in less than the blink of an eye and already revealing his capabilities with Iaijutsu. Shockingly, his katana was… faintly see-through, ocean-blue in color, but as sharp and durable as any high-grade katana would be. A very unorthodox material for a sword, if one didn’t know the properties of the stone that made its blade.

Taking a defensive stance, Kojirou awaited for a random leaf to hit the ground…
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 18, 2023 6:37:36 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Koji corrected her on his name, it was Īchi. He did make an odd comment that made her tilt her head a little. Why would he forget a friend was in the same age group. Was he okay? Did the Kusagakure no Sato shinobi bump his head a few times? He seemed like a bit of an idiot, even if looks could be deceiving. Maybe he was one of those types where his functioning brain cells went to combat and missions to a lesser extent. Then he seemed to be lost with her choice of naming. Did he not understand the concept of naming something after another thing you like, even if it wasn't that thing.

Literally people did that with boats and such. "In the book it was a dagger that could change the length of the hilt or blade length, so sometimes it was a spear. Inverted means placed or lying upside down or in the opposite position, order, or arrangement from usual. Thus, a inverted spear would be a spear with short handle and long blade.” She said, basically explains the entire name. Though with the apparent high density that was his brain, she wasn't sure if it would take hold.

Didn't matter however, as he agreed to her proposition of a sword duel by jumping back and doing a flip, while drawing his sword in a fluid motion. So she was right. His two brain cells were completely dedicated to fighting. So he didn't carry a sword for nothing. She was on timing as well as by the time he drew his blade, she already reached around and had her's out at nearly the same speed as his quick draw style. She had to carry her blade on her back as it wouldn't get in the way of her Uchiha clan jacket. For now at least.

It was modeled in a similar fashion as her future blade would be. It was an ōdachi with a wooden hilt, no crossguard and the total length of the entire katana was 4 ft. 10 inches with a silverly white blade that seemed to glisten in the sunlight. Even if it wasn't her future white chakra blade, nor was it even chakra conductive or infused, it was still a well forged blade– one befitting the daughter of the Hatake clan leader. She twirled it in her hand before grasping it with both hands in a battle stance, ready for him to make his move.

Her own stance showed she wasn't a slouch and had trained hard with kenjutsu for roughly five years, with her skills improving massively thanks to training with her father over the last two years or so.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 18, 2023 10:22:23 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
This inverted spear of heaven sounded freaking awesome now. Kojirou wanted one now, too… but wait, based on Tokaku’s explanation, he kind of already had one – a sword, right? Short handle, long blade – that made more sense now that he re-summarized it for himself.

A silvery-white ōdachi of such simple but passionate design… but with no crossguard, which wasn’t uncommon of a sight, but it did make Kojirou ponder the purpose of such a choice. Usually, a crossguard – or any shape of guard on the sword – could function as a mini-shield if wide enough, but at the same time, maybe it slowed down the sword’s swings by taking on more air resistance. Based on that, Kojirou had to be speedy in order to keep up with what would likely be lightning-fast sword swings from Tokaku.

Muscles, all of them holding his sword, and all of them keeping his legs standing, began to expand and contract in perfect harmony – doing just what was necessary to move forward without wasted movement, without warning or a pre-action indicating his decision to advance. His sword cut through the air with a hissing whistle, a line of chakra escaping the tip of the diamond blade to strengthen it against the famous white steel that Tokaku was going to present to him. All of his intent to face her and to answer her challenge with a diagonal, ascending slash.

NAME: Subakage-ryū: Hohō [New Shadow Style: Step Method]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu

ELEMENT: N/A

HANDSEALS: N/A

DESCRIPTION:
The Step Method is the basis of all the Murahira's Subakage-ryū movement techniques. A human can walk, run, jump, and any other number of motions, but to truly achieve high speed they must learn to move properly. The Step Method is the isolation of technique, the removal of excess, and the refinement of action. It allows the user to move at speeds that exceed that which a shinobi would normally achieve, thereby improving the likelihood they will be able to run down a target or escape a blast radius.

It is not without its costs, though. The Step Method may be an idealized method of movement, but it is not the way a human will naturally try to move. It requires mental focus and extra physical exertion, though this basic form is less taxing than others.
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 19, 2023 5:06:04 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Closing her eyes to blink was all she needed for her Sharingan to become active, her usually black eyes becoming crimson. She could see him studying her sword, making her immediately go into a defensive stance as she took in a large breath, breathing carefully. He could probably tell that despite the length, it was actually quite light and without a crossguard it could swing easier through the air. He'd probably also notice that due to the length of her arms and the length of her ōdachi, she had incredible reach in comparison to the Honō.

Good. This made things interesting. This wouldn't be easy either, she could tell he was probably more skilled than her. He definitely seemed to have trained with kenjutsu for longer than she had. Didn't mean she couldn't keep up though, she wasn't sometimes called a prodigy for nothing. Her crimson eyes didn't leave his body as she was going to keep track of their movements with her Sharingan. She cleared her mind and would let the rhythm of battle move for her.

Koji was fast! She could keep up to a degree but it almost shocked her, but she kept her mind clear, blocking the slash with her blade with some force to try to push him back a little while keeping her distance. She'd lock blades with him only for a second until she tried to push him backwards before she tried to add some pressure with a flurry of swift swings. Her reach helped along with her superior weight and stature, she hoped that would help close the gap between them somewhat.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 19, 2023 14:05:26 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
His intention was to close the distance as quickly as possible, since Tokaku had longer arms and a longer sword. That extra reach was a game-ender if he was trapped in the same, required distance to fall prey to the white blade, but Kojirou knew all of that. Of course he did – his parents never quit hammering swordsmanship into his brain until it was almost all he knew about. You should’ve seen him at the Academy – a real, lost cause in all subjects except Bukijutsu.

Despite his skill, she was still able to block and push him back from his charge, following up with a multitude of soaring slashes from her approaching blade. All those attacks from one of higher stature like her made them rather intimidating, and Kojirou was quickly on the defense, adjusting his sword’s stance to let each hit slide off the flat side of his katana – this would cause plenty of sparks to fly in the air, but that wouldn’t bother two Bukijutsu specialists…

Locking swords with her again, he pushed back hard in an attempt to cut off any further attempts at swinging at him, stepping forward to approach her face and notice a shocking sight- shocking, to say, because it was the first time he was able to witness the power of the Uchiha. "Sharingan…?”

Wait, if he looked directly at her eyes, what on earth would happen?!
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 20, 2023 4:28:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku's father was one of the best swordsmen to grace both the Hakate Clan and Konohagakure no Sato. While she knew she'd never get to his exact level as her skills lied in genjutsu and ninjutsu, that didn't mean she couldn't hold her own with a blade, as she was trained by him. As she barraged him with a few swift strikes by using the flat of his blade, an interesting choice. While to an outsider, they'd think Tokaku is simply swinging wildly, but to someone who actually practiced kenjutsu they'd understand that she's actually trying to get a feel on Koji.

Every swing was deliberate. She was aiming to get a feel for his style and look for possible openings or weaknesses, using her Sharingan to track his movements. Not only was she trying to find a weak point to exploit, Tokaku was also trying to learn from him as the spar went on. Soon they locked blades after he blocked a few more swings. Not only that but he got closer, enough that he noticed her Sharingan was active, making it call it out. Taking that brief moment, she aimed to practically shove him using her blade in order to get some distance as she dashed a couple of feet back before stopping.

If distance was properly made, she'd do a horizontal swing to try and cut his stomach area. Of course, she made sure that at best it'd cut his clothes. Even if it did touch his skin, it'd be a very, very shallow cut.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Omotegiri - [Cloud-Style Front Beheading]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
The user swings their sword in a single quick and powerful cutting motion to attack an enemy in front of them.

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 20, 2023 14:40:29 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kojirou still kept his foothold, even though Tokaku’s shove was heavy and created some distance between the two. So as expected, her Kenjutsu was fast and controlled, and he wasn’t familiar with her sword style. Perhaps it was something special to her clan, since Kojirou’s parents borrowed styles from outside to help him develop his techniques – many of his stances would be easily recognizable to another Bukijutsu specialist, contrary to the opposite. Kojirou could use the opportunity to learn how a Hatake swings their sword – maybe cheekily borrow a swing or two.

But the distance was just enough for Tokaku’s blade to reach him, not the other way around – yet while her lack of a crossguard was a huge advantage, so was his surprisingly durable katana. A usually undesired tactic, he met her horizontal slash with the flat end of his blade directly, a stance that would’ve definitely snapped his sword in half if it wasn’t made of stronger stuff. Just like Chieko forged it – a durable sword that could serve defense as well as offense.

"… Ooooooooooooh! This sword’s awesome – it didn’t even snap in half!” he sparkled up at the sight of his sword’s durability, "And I’ve never actually seen a white sword before…”

Damn, with his sense of wonder, his side was exposed.
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 21, 2023 21:22:49 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku didn't really have a specific style. While it was similar to those of the Hatake, she gained a style of her own from learning and sparring from several different people. Meaning, it was unique to her and her alone, at least she hoped no one had a similar style to her. "Don’t worry or focus on my Sharingan, it's not able to cast genjutsu from eye contact yet. Just focus on the spar.” She said, giving a late reply to his concern about her Sharingan. She wasn't always that talkative when she fought, as she liked to focus on the battle. It doesn't mean she never does, but her focus was more about winning and her next move.

Koji was able to block the strike, which damn near broke her blade in half and chipped it heavily in the area where he blocked it with the flat of his blade. A couple of small shards of white metal went flying along with a spark. This made Tokaku dash back again, holding her hand up to pause for a moment so she could inspect her blade. Yep, it was chipped along the edge. It would've broken completely in half if the strike was any harder. "You broke my blade… I'm going to have to get another one…” She said with a heavy sigh in annoyance before twirling it in her hand and sliding it back into her sheath.

"I guess we'll have to postpone this spar for another day, Koji-kun… But if we do, please don't deflect strikes with the flat so much. New swords are expensive and I don't like having to buy new ones.” She said with her eyes returning back to normal black.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 22, 2023 11:25:38 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Truth be told, Kojirou didn’t expect this to happen. Praising his sword’s durability, and then… immediately witnessing the shards of Tokaku’s white sword fall off, and a dent in her sword from impacting with his- did he break her sword?!

Eyes whitened with fear, his whole face turned greyscale. He didn’t intend to do that, but Tokaku’s precious sword – that he’d forgotten wasn’t even her real sword, but every sword was precious – was now chipped gravely from that impact. Kojirou knew how much people valued their blades, and while it was a mere placeholder for her future sword, sweat was cold and turned to icicles drilling through his spine, freezing his lungs and face with his own humidity, fear of the unknown consequences of his actions dawning upon him.

"I… I-I… I-s-sorry, I didn’t-" he stuttered with a frightened face, his stance and form crumbling away into a cowering vibration, holding his own sword close to his chest in an apologetic manner, "I didn’t meant to… d-do that…”

To his surprise, Tokaku didn’t sound angry – more a bit disappointed, but as if it was a more regular occurrence. Like being scolded by your mum and all. "I’ll remember that… j-just got a bit too ahead of myself there,” he promised – even if his sword was durable, what was the point of breaking other people’s priced possessions? That was a rude thing to do, and his parents would be so disappointed in him. They’d raised him better than that.
Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Nov 22, 2023 11:43:21 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku could tell from the look of his face that he wasn't happy that he broke her sword. Wasn't the worst thing though. She could easily replace it, which she would do before she went home for the day. All she would need to do is stop by the Hatake clan compound and talk to one of the blacksmiths. "It isn't that big of a deal, I can easily get it repaired or replaced. At least for the next Chuunin Exams. Then I'll be gaining a much more durable one. This one isn't even chakra conductive or reactive, so it isn't as durable as true blades.” She said plainly.

"Although if you want to pay me back slightly, you can just buy me lunch.” The silver haired Uchiha suggested now that they couldn't continue their spar anymore. She was going to go get something to eat after training anyways. "Spar with me after I become chuunin and I have my real blade.” She said, still wanting to beat him in an actual spar to show Koji what a real Hatake white chakra blade looked like. Turning around, she pulled one hand out of her pocket, gesturing him to follow before slipping it back into her jacket pocket again.

She wanted some miso soup now.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Swords & Slashes [Tokaku]Dec 20, 2023 13:01:15 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Oh… luckyyyyyy. He wouldn’t get into trouble for breaking her sword, after all – she made it sound easy to replace, though, but since this wasn’t exactly her final soulmate of a weapon, maybe she just saved up her attachment for the final product. I mean, she didn’t even call it a ‘true’ blade, and if that blade had a sentience, it’d probably be very offended right now. Like, imagine being called ‘sub-human’ or something…

"I can do that! I’m getting a little hungry myself, too,” Kojirou agreed wholeheartedly, thinking back to the delicious shish meat he ate back at the previous Exams, and wondered if this year’s competition would host similar cuisines. Now, the Land of Earth and the Land of Lightning were very different, but he’d helped set up a trading post with Azarea in the past, so certainly it’d be a possibility.

"Okay, that’s a promise! Once you get your flak jacket, I’ll come visit Konoha again, and then we can have another spar,” Kojirou promised with a fistbump to his chest, "And I hope I can see your new sword by then, too! The Inverse Spear of Heaven is a funny name, but it still sounds cool!”

Nom.