A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)

compose a reply
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 9, 2023 0:12:47 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
"Huh..” she mutters ponderously, listening but only just. Interesting ideas being thrown around, the idea of having a scroll always on hand was an interesting one. It’d take the place of her doomstar, though, she wouldn’t fool herself into thinking she could as casually control two different things and keep them safe in a crowded marketplace.

Also, she did not want to be covered in tattoos.

"Summons?” She asks, a minor note of confusion in her question before she gives her wolves a glance, then looks back up to the spider. Immediately her smile grows and she takes a couple steps closer. "Aww! Cute. Nah, I ain’t scared of spiders. Though probably for the best, I tend to pick fights when people are disrespectful. Or.. boring. Or strong, or look interesting, I kinda like to push buttons.

Those ain’t summons though, those are like.. Eh. Me? Clones? Sort of? Hard to explain, but no blood needed or anything like that. Just think of what I want and I summon up some animals. They’ll still bite ya, but they can’t talk and don’t have jutsu or anything like that.

But they’re some seriously good scouts. Not them, wolves are alright, I usually summon up birds.

She nods slowly after half explaining her jutsu.

"One day I should find some animal that can keep up with me though. I dunno, probably be some kinda hawk or something. Otherwise, like. I dunno. I know the jutsu, but havn’t found any animals for signing contracts.

How’d you come across that thing?”
she asks, then with a little grimace corrects herself some. "Eh.. Sachi. Think they don’t like being called things.

last edit by aihara ryoko on Dec 9, 2023 0:13:56 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 10, 2023 0:36:43 GMT -5
tsusho
tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 3rd of January rank Jounin occupation Operations Team Leader
"I'm not so much worried about the being scared part as I am their temperament."

Tilting his head around to look at Sachi she closed all of her eyes and gave a known nod, but given her body structure it was more like a full body bow, pointing a finger in Tsusho's direction to show she agreed.

"Some of them are rather large, such as Ahmya, who is about uuuuh let's see."

Sachi stretched out her two from legs to try and show just how long he was as Tsusho did something similar, his eyes narrowing as he looked up in thought.

"She's around twelve meters long? Not kind, will in fact try and eat you, attacked me the first time I summoned her in fact. She's one of the nicer ones, not including Sachi here of course. Well actually Shīrudo is okay, but I'm going on a tangent here. They aren't disrespectful, they just don't trust people, or like people, likely going to want to hide but when you are that big not to easy to do so out in the middle of the town. Better to just not."

The small spider reached over as Tsuho just kept going on and on, poking him in the face, harder and harder under his words were a little mumbled from her finger pushing into his cheek, as she made a quiet noise, surprising loud for her size.

"Shhhhh..."

With his mouth hanging open he turned, slowly closing his mouth and nodding, then looking back up to Ryoko, then her wolves, then raises an eyebrow so high it went most of the way up his forehead. There seemed to be something off if they were clones, but weren't her but, and clearly he was missing something or overthinking things.

"Ah. Oops. Sachi is Sachi. Definitely not a clone of anything. She might be the most adorable thing ever, but she puts up a good fight. She does have some family that are pretty good at scouting, though again, not gonna summon them in the middle of town. More the scared part this time. I can legitimately summon about a thousand of them at a time, and-"

Again there was a small leg poking him in the face, and a whole lot of eyes staring at him. With a point of the opposite, she made a motion towards Ryoko.

"Oh good point. Well I have a literal summoning contract right over there. If you don't mind spiders, really really big ones. And Sachi."

At the question, the spiders eyes opened wide as if she was preparing to be incredibly offended, her legs stretching as she tried making herself look bigger, but starts to relax with a "hmph" sound at the correction.

"She definitely isn't a fan of that, no. As to the how, the long story short is I met the previous holder, owner? Whatever, person who was carrying around the big contract right there before. I was introduced to one of Sachi's relatives named Habiki, who immediately tried attacking me, bit of a pattern that...anyways, they passed the contract onto me, signed my name, and here we are."
Sprinkles has written 55 posts
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 18, 2023 2:37:06 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"Ehh.. I mean.. No offense, Sachi, you seem pretty.. Spidery. I don’t carry moths in my pouch, but if I did I would totally give you one.

She eyes the pair from under her cowl, a smirk once more forming on her lips. "Like, I don’t mind spiders. I get how they are, I know animals real well. Something I would summon, would have to be pretty fierce or I doubt I’d have much respect for it myself. I’d wanna fight one just to be sure they were like… worth it, ya know? but I like to fight most things, I guess.

I doubt I’ll ever bother with a contract, honestly, not a lot of animals can even keep up with me. S’why I got my jutsu. I mostly just use it for calling birds though, to go look around and see what’s what. Little committee of vultures to soar about a few thousand feet up, see what they can, report back to me with their memories when they go poof.

Better vision than eagles, you know. Way better. Better nose than a dog, but let me tell you, you do not want to eat like one of em. Pretty gross. Decent bird though.
” She nods a little slowly at that, a little wave of her hand callin her shuirken back to her side. It floats over easily then scoots around to wait ever patiently behind her.

"Shame I can’t just summon up weapons, but eh.. I can’t really complain. Just an endless list of things I can’t do, but the list of things I can do is pretty dang scary. Same can be said for most Iwa nin though. We’re a pretty good nation for dangerous nin.

She gives a little wave of her hand as she randomly changes the subject. Her weapons do not move in response.

"Either way, I think I’m getting some ideas. Think you can help me make something pretty cool for me to use? Can you like, make things that are chakra reactive? I think I got some relatives who can, but I like some variety in my toys.”

has written 301 posts
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 18, 2023 9:56:15 GMT -5
tsusho
tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 3rd of January rank Jounin occupation Operations Team Leader
    If there was ever such a thing as a spider crossing its arms and pouting, this would be that very moment. Sachi's head turned a bit as Ryoko kept talking, puffing up again as if she was once more trying to look bigger than she was. Even as one of the smaller of her family she was still incredibly proud.

"I can assure you Sachi and her family are quite fierce. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to fight you, though I'm not terribly comfortable with that because to be blunt, I don't exactly control them. My puppets are one thing, but when I summon one of these spiders they have a mind of their own. One thing I don't want to do is get between them and someone they aren't happy with, and given they've never met you, they aren't likely to be kind."

There was a bit of an amusement in his mind at the idea of someone else having to fight the same grouping of them he had to, but also he wasn't certain how strong Ryoko was, and he did not want to be responsible for what could happen if things went wrong. He gave a bit of a shrug though as another of his suggestions was shot down, mostly because they were half-hearted at best.

"Summoning isn't for everyone. It takes a lot of patience, a lot of trust, and lot of, what's the word for it..."

Looking down at Sachi, here eyes narrowed as she stared back, then turned and gave her own response as if answering for him

"Commitment."

Nodding and pointing towards her, he gave her a bit of a rub on the top of her head.

"Yeah that.

Pointing a thumb at Sachi, they both cross their arms in unison with an equivalently similar look, lifting their chins.

"I have trouble keeping up with them sometimes. Also when I need to go somewhere I really don't want to like say a big dark hole, that's exactly where they want to go. We make a good team. Except for Sherobu."

Even Sachi shudders at the mention of that name, reaching over as she crawls closer to Tsusho's face, putting a part of her body over his face as if very clearly telling him no. Reaching up and giving her a poke, she crawls back, shooting him a look.

"I know, I'm not saying anything bad, she's just a scary mama is all."

Narrowing his eyes for a moment, he tapped his chin.

"I'm pretty sure you can summon weapons, sort of. There are jutsu, fuinjutsu at least, that allows you to summon right from a scroll without pulling them out I'm pretty sure. I can't say I know how to do that personally though. My sealing is pretty limited."

He perks up at her sudden request, turning to Sachi as she holds up a hand. Laughing a bit he gives her a soft high five, then leans forward, pointing at Ryoko.

"You're damn straight I can. What do you have in mind?"
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 18, 2023 16:51:19 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
The tiny chuunin cackles quietly as the spiders are described as not kind. Her own introduction had been given while being caught snooping through a higher ranked nin’s belongings.

"Yeah, I got no problem with that” she mutters with offhanded amusement, ever used to being the trouble maker. Nice or not, it was just in her nature to rile people up, and to pick fights.

Her smirk grows more amused as the watches the two interacting, then laughs a little louder as they pose in unison. If anything it looked fun, but she still had doubts a spider could keep up with her. Let alone pose a threat to her in a fight. Perhaps.. Perhaps if they could spin invisible webs and get her to fly into one.. Perhaps.. But it seemed pretty unlikely to her.

"Yeah yeah, big scary momma, you should meet mine. Oh! Hey, actually that’s something I was wondering about.

Not my mom, I mean scrolls.

Like.. not having to unroll a scroll. Gonna have to look into that too, but like.. you know..

I mean, I guess you don’t, it’s a pretty rare thing. Secret jutsu, ya know, the sort I can’t run around teaching people.

Below her cloak a hand works easily through three seals, and a moment later her feet leave the ground. She doesn’t fly off, she just lifts her feet and crosses her legs lotus style. She levitates in place, bobbing slightly as if floating in a calm pool of water.

"Like, I can do this, but this gets real taxing on my chakra. On the other hand, I can also make other things, ooh people too, really light. Let em fly like I do. My sensei does this sorta stuff better than me for now. Like, she used it to make a whole boat fly, me and my old squad flew around like that a few times.

I don’t need a whole boat though. Was thinkin more like.. I dunno, a stick or a broom. Something it’d be funny to fly around on. My natural chakra is Doton, and my flying jutsu is also Doton, so it kinda works out well. Figure something that like... I dunno, makes it easier to affect with the jutsu? Save me some chakra, let me fly more?

Her head tips aside a little and she nods some to herself as she phrases what she means in a satisfactory way. Made sense to her, the jutsu side of things. She was no builder, though, and knew nothing of making the cool toys she played with.

has written 301 posts
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Dec 19, 2023 8:07:54 GMT -5
tsusho
tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
    It was pretty clear that she was likely even mentally all over the place than he was, not as if he was helping things, but it was getting hard to keep up with a few times. By the time he raised his hand to really stress the point in regards to the spiders, she had already changed the subject, specifically onto one he wasn't sure how to address. It wasn't exactly normal for someone to ask so openly, in public no less, about what she referred to as secret jutsu. He certainly knew a few things, but he wasn't about to go talking about it right now at least. His eyes just opened a bit wider as one of his eyebrows raised, letting her talk for a moment.

Already she had done something different, in essence changing the subject again, as she floated in place, giving a slight laugh through his nose.

"I would venture to guess that both of our teachers can do things far better than either of us can. Trying my best to learn from mine, but her techniques are unique in some hard to grasp ways."

Scratching at his head he kept watching her floating act, wondering just what kind of jutsu she was using to do something like that. It was certainly interesting, but not something he thought he'd get much particular use out of given his style of combat. When she started talking about boats, and sticks, and brooms, it took all his willpower not to laugh as he pictured each one, then just stood there speechless, mostly not sure what exactly to even suggest.

"I...uh...well there are always gliders. They are rare, and I've only heard of them, but I've heard of a type of backpack that opens up to a pair of wings in a sense. Wouldn't be too hard to prototype I wouldn't think. Something like that might work better with wind of course. I've never really thought of doton in the realm of flying so I'm not even sure where to start."
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Apr 3, 2024 2:01:21 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Ryoko gives Tsusho a bit of a strange look when he says their instructors were better at things. With a little smirk she replies with a scoffed, "tch, I guess…

A little dismissive wave of her hand follows, her little pack of wolves all poofing away into nothing. "I dunno, my skills are way different than hers are. My skills are pretty different from everyones. Ever since I was a kid I was transforming into things. Was the first jutsu I ever learned and I been sneaking around like an animal for years.” she mutters and nods a little bit.

I’m pretty good at it too. What I’m not very good at is taijutsu. I’m not really a big fan of it, but I’m also really good at getting punched. Oh and kicked, I’m pretty good at getting kicked too.

I think when it comes down to it, what I’m really lacking is a good shield. And I think what I need is one I can actually hold in my hand. Or least like strap to my arm.

She pauses a moment, bobbing in place slowly as she scratches her chin in a wizardly sort of manner. Slowly her head tips aside as she imagines the thing, a passive bit of armor for her left side. She didn’t want some manner of heavy plate though, leather clad chain or scale would be better.

"Hmm, yeah, like. A pauldron thing for my shoulder, some sort of rigid leather or scale sort of stuff covering from shoulder to wrist. Like, attachments by the elbow to keep it secured. Enough to block a sword, ya know? Doesn’t need to be huge thick plate. And if I could keep some of my toys sealed inside of it.. All the better. Actually I think that would be the best part about it.

She mutters, picturing the thing in her head as she’s describing it. She points a few times at her imaginary image as she picks out the finer details.

"It’d offer me something to hide behind, which is pretty nice, and long as didn’t need to actively hold it all the time it wouldn’t really limit my techniques..

She trails off a little, her head tipped heavily to the right as she lingers in her imagination, than finally nods again.

"Yeah, think you can make something like that?

has written 301 posts
A Thief or A Misunderstanding? (INV)Apr 9, 2024 18:52:46 GMT -5
tsusho
tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"Different doesn't mean better or worse either way."

Wiggling his fingers, chakra springs danced in the air like spider webs, and as he fingers dropped, the strings seemed to completely disappear.

"My teacher also uses puppets, but that's not all she does. Much like I use my puppets, but I do much more. How we make our puppets is even different. She is definitely stronger than I am however, for now at least."

His words brought out a wide grin, before Sachi reached over and stuck a hand against his face to force it to scrunch up, before she bapped up lightly then jumped off his shoulder, and before she hit the ground she disappeared in a puff of smoke. Grumbling under his breath, he knew that was her way of non-verbally reprimanding him, and he'd like hear some sort of lecture the next time he saw her. Shaking his head he gave a soft laugh.

"I'm not necessarily proficient at Taijutsu, but I can't hold my own if I have to. Thankfully I rarely have to. Same goes for taking a punch. Most of my clan are big, strong, tough, I'm not that big, not that strong, and not as tough as they'd like me to be, but again, I don't usually have to be. These puppets are an extension of me, and they are strong, tough, and plenty big."

Extending his arm towards the puppet backpack, he pulled the top lid open with a chakra string, then another pulled a mechanics inside that spun, shifting what looked to be a scroll dispenser, and a third string attacking to said scroll. With a yank, the scroll spun open. With a few hand movements there was an explosion of smoke, as a decently sized puppet appeared.

The metallic spider was large enough that it it stood as tall as Tsusho, but fairly wide not even including its legs, much like a steel tarantula. A few chakra strings were attached at various parts of the puppet as it stood up right, close enough for Tsusho to heavily pat one of its legs.

"This is Nemu. He's my shield-"

Tsusho's body moved to the side as he pulled back hard with his arm and the spider jumped and looked to twist and partially collapse in on itself. It didn't take longer before it crashed down right at Tsusho's feet, having changed forms. It's legs were curled inward, but its shape was clearly that of a heavy shield, as its puppeteer stepped out from behind it, patting it heavily.

"-Literally and figuratively. So yes, I can make you a shield."