compose a reply
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 24, 2024 5:56:13 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps
Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki narrowed his eyes at his friend for a moment, "Zap fist is even worse than that time you named your pet rock 'The Orb' despite it being vaguely egg shaped at best. Zap Fist is vetoed, your naming privileges are officially taken away." With that he banged one fist against the rock in mimcry of a judgement being made, "we're going to call it something else... maybe something to do with birds because it chirps like a bunch of them."

He frowned slightly at the thought that she hadn't really fixed the flaws in the technique, instead simply working around it. Though, looking at her eyes in curiousity, he supposed if it was easier to change your physiology rather than adjust the jutsu then there wasn't anything that could be done for the jutsu... at least not within their particular skillset.

"Perhaps I can try and figure out how to use my sensing to adjust to it instead... I don't think I'd look good in those swirly glasses, and we both know you only married me for my good looks" the joke was out before he realised it, and he couldn't help but feel himself blush a little at it, though he kept a game poker face as best he could. Marriage... how embarassing.

"Anyway! Teach me the 'Too Many Birds no Jutsu'!" he declared with a raised hand, trying to distract from what he'd said.

Word Count: 238
Training: 8/9
Tags:

last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Apr 24, 2024 5:56:49 GMT -5
Eleri has written 409 posts
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 24, 2024 21:22:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru's shoulders hunched and she puffed her cheeks out, clearly offended by the rudeness! "You keep The Orb's name out yo crumb-guzzlin' mouth!" She flailed and lunged at nothing, shoving her fist into thin air. "The basic technique is a fist that does a zap! That's not inaccurate at the least! There's no birds involved at all! Keep your magpies off my jutsu, birdbrain!"

When he seemed disappointed the technique hadn't been "fixed," she crossed her arms. "How am I supposed to fix a problem when the problem is a feature? If all you want is a technique that can deliver a bunch of Raiton without the titanic speed benefits of the Zap Fist, I can teach you Short Circuit, or you can release a Gian at point blank range."

Miroru huffed a little, calming herself down. Itsuki could feel the other set of chakra roiling inside her, trying to agitate her further. It had worked at first, but she was relaxing by focusing on the mechanics of the jutsu. "The whole point of the Zap Fist is that the same supercondensed chakra leaks into the body and drastically improves its speeds. The *problem* is that the technique is already doing those two things, and designing it to somehow compensate for that insanely high rate of movement isn't realistic."

She snickered a bit and nodded about the glasses and looks. "It's true. I definitely didn't pick you for your brains." She gave him a truly wicked fox smirk- he was well aware she thought he was smarter than her.

"Stop calling it thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" She whined, before clapping her hands together. "Okay. Ready to learn, like, the seal-iest jutsu ever?" She went slow at first. Ox. Rabbit. Monkey. Dragon. Rat. Bird. Ox. Snake. Dog. Tiger. Monkey. No chakra from her, just the seals. "You got that?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,178 posts
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 25, 2024 8:41:17 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps
Yamanaka Itsuki

"You have clearly never heard a flock of magpies have an argument because it sounds exactly like that," the Yamanaka retorted, "can't blame me for your lack of experience fuzzbutt". He left it at that though when he realised even his micro-initial reactions were starting to stir up some trouble that he really didn't want to start. It was easy to forget about that extra wellspring of chakra just sitting there beneath Miroru's warm energy.

He pinkened a little more when she didn't refute the reference to marriage, for Itsuki he wasn't exactly confident that they were anything beyond what they had always been, which was silly but for some reason he found it hard to believe that they had progressed beyond childhood friends.

"You've been spoiled if you think that's the seal-iest jutsu ever," he commented with a snort even as he watched her carefully, making sure that there was no odd variation to the handseals for the technique. In his experience there was always one switcharoo when using particularly unusual jutsu that functioned very differently than the standard ones. Getting up he focused for a moment before repeating the seals, doing them with both hands just to make sure there wasn't any mistakes with the unfamiliar pattern. With how dangerous the technique was he wasn't going to take chances.

"Ushi, U, Saru, Tatsu, Ne, Tori, Ushi, Mi, Inu, Tora, Saru" he recited as he flipped through them, "Too-many-birds no Jutsu!" he added, calling out the attack like an idiot just to annoy his friend as he reached out and booped her on the snoot.

"Like that?"

Word Count: 268
Training: 9/9
Tags:

Eleri has written 409 posts
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 27, 2024 22:31:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"I mean, no, I haven't! Why would I have? I have cute fuzzy kits to hang out with, fweheheheheh!" Miroru gloated, only to gawk and choke. "F-FUZZBUTT?! What do you know about my butt, anyhow?! Nothing!" She protested, hands on her hips.

"Well- I mean, obviously, it's not the MOSTest, but it's got a lot of them!" She asserted as he got to work practicing. As he asked for clarification, she squinted. "Yea, it was great right up until the last part, you dweeb! I'm not calling it that! I made it up, I get to name it! Your veto is totally vetoed."

Harrumphing, she nipped at his retreating fingertip. "Now do it again, but like, with Chakra. But- be ready to release it. It kinda... burns. I don't want you to get hurt more than necessary to get a feel for it."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,178 posts