Demon DesertSept 18, 2018 17:21:59 GMT -5
LazyNeko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
Modding is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

As genin began to emerge from the chambers of the first task they would find themselves on the edges of the Demon desert. An area not only infamous for its deadliness but also one where often genin were tasked to test themselves when the chuunin exams rolled around. With no oasis and most sources of water never uncovered those that sought to traverse it were always forced to relay on their own supplies in order survive.

Group F-7

Upon opening the scroll provided another scroll would pop up while the text on the original one would read "From this moment the second part of the exams has officially begun. Your objective is to deliver the scroll provided to the Ryumyaku outpost at the south edge of the desert. The scroll contains sensitive information and as such it mustn’t be opened and under no circumstance can it fall into enemy hands You have two days to reach your objective.”

Due to being the only one to make it from his group another genin would join them in the upcoming task.

The area the group would find themselves would be mostly ruins right at entrance of the Demon desert. Down south where their objective lied all they would be able to see would be the rolling dunes with the only other object appearing in the horizon if only one looked southwest while the southeast remained a pure sea of sand.

Group D-6

Upon opening the scroll provided the text on it would read as such "From this moment the second part of the exams has officially begun. Your objective is to retrieve sensitive information that can aid our village. Your target is a scroll that will be transported from Akuram outpost in the north to the Ryumyaku one in the south at the edges of the Demon desert. You have two days to retrieve the scroll and deliver it to Ryumyaku outpost.”

The area the group would find themselves would be a rocky desert terrain at the edges of the Demon desert. Up north all they would be able to see would be the rolling dunes with nothing else appearing on the horizon. Though if one looked to the west the vague shapes of small rock formations could be spotted.

OOC Note:
Group F-7: You need 3 rotations to reach Ryumyaku outpost.

Group D-6: You can’t find the other group in less then 1 rotation. You need 2 rotations to reach Ryumyaku outpost. You need 2 rotations to reach Akuram outpost.

Posting order: The first to post will be the whole of group F-7 following that will be the turn of Group D-6 in order to complete one rotation.

Group F-7 : , , , , Nobohiro Sato

Group D-6 : , , , ,

has written 155 posts
Demon DesertSept 18, 2018 21:57:42 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation
[googlefont="Playfair Display"][googlefont="Alice"]

I really can't remember if I'm insane or insomniac

Squeakers sighed deeply. He knew something like this would happen. Or, at least, he'd heavily suspected it. Of course being presented with the canteens of water was too good to be true. Luckily, though, he hadn't downed his while all of the others gave in too quickly to the temptation. It was only after it'd been revealed that it was the only source of water they'd have for the next couple of days that he decided to drink one-fourth of it. He was dying of heat, but he'd need to ration what he had. Although... keeping his water mostly unused was a dangerous sort of thing, too. There was no saying that any of his temporary teammates wouldn't turn on him.
    People did crazy things when they were desperate.
    So he'd keep an eye out.
    Although, as for right now, the two he saw as real threats were... Sabishi and Sato.
    Sabishi, because she'd already suggested sabotage upon one member, and Sato because he was completely new to the group. And... although Squeakers didn't know any of the names, he could have sworn he hadn't seen Sato's face when all of the participants were in that first room together before they'd been separated. That reason alone made Squeakers wary of the fellow.
    Squeakers sighed and put his mostly-filled canteen in the back pouch on his belt--hidden behind his body and still under the protection of his raincoat.
    "Alright," Squeakers spoke, standing to his feet and looking back at the others in the group. "The human body can survive seven days without food and three days without water. It's going to be a close call, but I think we'll all be able to make it if we proceed with caution. We have this scroll we need to protect--and by the sound of it, there's a good chance we'll come across enemy shinobi." He didn't need to remind the others to be on their guard, despite the heat. Still, he'd raise a single hand. "I have an idea how to go about this, so please hear me out. I know a sealing technique." This would be the first jutsu he openly revealed to his teammates, thus far. He'd been shrouded in mystery henceforth. "I could seal the scroll on my persons in a secret and discrete place, rather than have it hidden in a pouch where it might be pick-pocketed, lost, or stolen in the heat of combat. Since we also don't know what's out there--whether the enemy has staked out a location, might want to ambush us, or there are other natural threats like wasps nests beneath the sand, quicksand, snakes, or whatever other dangers the desert might hold for us. Because of this, I will also send out a scout to map out what's ahead of us. If there's any sort of danger, it will report back to me, and we'll already have the advantage of distance before stumbling across whatever which dangers."
    It was a... decent plan. Squeakers knew that Sabishi had clones, of her own. Akio had moths. Both could be used for scouting, possibly. Squeakers didn't know if there was a limit range on Sabishi's clones, but considering they'd been made of stone, Squeakers somewhat doubted they had the reliability of a Shadow Clone--which could disperse at will and instantly transfer valuable information, could travel as far as it wanted, and could even perform jutsu of its own. Akio's moths likely would need some form of sustenance since they were living creatures. "If any of you would also like to send scouts ahead with my own, you're welcome to. Because mine has a matching raincoat of yellow, it'll blend in somewhat with the sand as it travels--though obviously, it's not perfect camouflage. I truly believe my scout is perfectly fit for the task, having been designed for this exact purpose, but I would not berate any of you for wishing to send out more if it would give you greater comfort." If they wanted to send their clones, or a moth, or whatever else, they were welcome to.
    Squeakers was fully willing to fully inform his teammates about his plan. If anyone else had any better ideas, or didn't consent, he was willing to lend an ear--just as he hoped they would at least hear him out, as well. It was clear that he valued teamwork and full communication with those he'd be working with, not just doing whatever he wanted and keeping his companions in the dark. He would need their support. They'd all need each-others' support. And that's what he fully intended to do.

If nobody had any better ideas, Squeakers would begin.
    Using one of his smoke bombs, he'd set it off so that the clouds would perfectly consume his image. Then, using the memorization from having written seals a hundred times, he would seal the scroll they were meant to transport secretly, and out of the others' view. Just to be safe... since he didn't want to fully assume one of them wouldn't turn on him. Then, he would also quickly perform a hand seal to create a Shadow Clone. Not that most any of them would likely recognize a Shadow Clone to begin with, let alone it's hand seal, but you couldn't ever be too safe.
    Once all was done, Squeakers and his clone would step back out from the cloud as it eventually faded out. "Alright, let's go~ We've got no time to waste."
    The clone would instantly dash off in the direction they were headed--taking the lead and running far from the group to get a good distance. The greater the distance the clone had from the main group, and the further ahead the scout was, the more effective the plan was. Aside from that, Squeakers would take the back of the group afterward--letting the others move ahead and take the lead while he followed in the shadows they cast.

Items Used:

* 1/4 Canteen of Water
* 1/2 Smoke Bombs

Jutsu Used:
NAME: Shikoku Fuuin - [Finger Engraving Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
Chakra is released into the tip of one's finger, increasing its temperature as a small flame-like discharge is generated. This allows one to write upon almost any surface and leave a scar-like mark, working to inscribe the formula of seals or write messages if a writing utensil is not readily available.

NAME: Hikin Fuinjutsu - [Generic Sealing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
The most basic of sealing techniques, in which the user creates a simple seal upon a medium (such as a scroll) for which a multitude of objects can be stored. The sheer number and scale of items that can be sealed depends on the size of the seal itself, as basic shuriken and kunai can be placed within small scrolls, but giant shuriken or massive swords require thick torso-sized scrolls. This technique is what one requires if they wish to tap into such basic seals, though there are always other ways to unseal objects.

NAME: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
Kage Bunshin is a Jounin level Ninjutsu technique. The normal Bunshin technique creates a copy of the ninja that lacks any substance. The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows, as well as their kekkei genkai. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained along with it's remaining chakra are passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones. This makes Kage Bunshin an excellent training method if the ninja has the chakra capacity and stamina to maintain the Kage Bunshins for an extended period of time. This allows the ninja to essentially reduce the time it takes to train and learn with each clone added. This is especially true when used with Tajuu Kage Bunshin.

@tag
NOTES: notes here
Mika has written 1,141 posts
Demon DesertSept 20, 2018 10:01:50 GMT -5
Yugao Akio
Yugao Akio Avatar
groupnull
I HAVE A FRIEND
a moth named snowflake
VERY BAD THINGS
such horrible things
Akio would also drink a conservative amount of water from his canteen. He'd likely end up needing to share with the red head, he hated to admit it, but as far as team players go he wasn't a total asset. In a one vs one, he'd likely be able to fool an individual with genjutsu. A fight that didn't start with his genjutsu though, it could easily be his last fight. He was easily the least physically fit and though chakra was stamina, he could probably keep himself running low. "I'm fine with hiding the scroll, I'd suggest we make a fake or fakes too." It'd be his verbal contribution to the group, he didn't intend to add to the scouts. So maybe he could be useful with suggestions and hopefully later with genjutsu.

"If someone has scrolls or a similar sized item we can transform it on ourselves to look like the scroll they're targeting. No one knows the inside of these scrolls, so we don't need to worry about the scrolls interior." He'd wait to see the reactions and the preparation of his team, he'd hope someone had scrolls as he hadn't a single item of such. He signed the summoning contract of his clan, but the actual scroll was kept in his mothers care. He'd if given a scroll disguise it's exterior as that of the scroll they were delivering.

"I also think we should have a formation, it should be something that looks like we're guarding a person. Maybe a diamond with a person in the middle, if we do that then they'll assume the middle has the scroll. Any better ideas and I'm game, I know I don't have any real leadership experience, but I assume as genin we're all in that boat." He'd obviously let the most arrogant person decide they were the top leader, leader who ever lead. They can lead this plan and they could fail, it wasn't going to be his goal to lose, but he wasn't the type to extrovert and fight others views. He'd silently judge them and maybe back stab them, his stabs were the kindest though.

Akio whilst between and during preparation would begin concentrating his chakra, it's flow would be that to the moth's upon him. They could be scouts, but he'd rather use them as weapons. In a tighter formation he could give them to his allies and fight the battle as a support.

tag: // notes: You can't speak moth don't try me

last edit by Yugao Akio on Sept 20, 2018 10:08:22 GMT -5
has written 91 posts
Demon DesertSept 23, 2018 2:30:24 GMT -5
Fujioka Isamu
Fujioka Isamu Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday June 10 rank Genin... occupation

I CAN'T FIND

0000 WORDS ■ @tag ■ SUPER SMALL NOTE

MY WAY

A few gulps had already been taken before she was told there was no more water in the exams. Asshole. They just left flaming heat and now they were in the desert and this was all the water! Almost growling at the thought, she’d shove the canteen to her hip with her other belongings, grip and regripping her javelin now that her hands were free.

A plan was laid out. By both Squeaky and the pretty boy. Squeaky would hide the scroll and the boy suggested a formation. Looking out into the sand, South towards their objective, she didn’t think long but did look at the emptiness of it all. So much sand. And nothing else. Hot… At least she wasn’t too clothed… That helped, or something. The fucking tan she was going to get though…

No one seemed to be producing scrolls or replacements. "I don’t have anything like that.” Might as well express it clearly. She just had a few weapons on her, not much else. That wasn’t really scroll material, she didn’t think. That little twerp didn’t mention anything either.

"We have to get going though. Two days isn’t long. Action is better.”

While she might have listened to any suggested formation, Isamu had no clear idea so far. So. She’d go ahead. Not with the scout, as that one dashed ahead. But Isamu wasn’t about to stand around any longer. They had to push through. If they were taking a formation, Isamu wasn’t one to decide. She wasn’t a planner. But she could destroy anything that tried to take them head on. She’d do that fine.

deltra of gangnam style
Isily! has written 294 posts
Demon DesertSept 23, 2018 2:51:23 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation

The last round, had been rather traumatizing to say the very least, it had been hard to come to grips with the fact that he had been the only one to get out of that extremely hot room. Had it not been for his own thinking, he would have never made it anyway. It was a pity, really.. Although, he figured it wasn't so bad it meant less competition in the long run. Nonetheless he was given a new team to work with, which was just a blow to his own performance. This meant that he could, very well end up in a situation of disagreement. He hoped that there was no such disagreements.

Nobohiro didn't like to argue, it annoyed him when shinobi acted as little more than pests...

He would exit the chamber sweating, his body drenched and he himself quaking with thirst. He managed to take a few sips of the water when it was made known that this water was to allow him to survive for the next two days if the team managed to get to the end in the time necessary. The boy let out a soft sigh. He seemed calm, yet on the inside he was quite perturbed by the concept. Nonetheless, he stepped up to the group as the first of them spoke up. He preferred to take the backseat, he didn't like to meddle in others plans, mostly because he hated to take responsibility when something went wrong. He preferred to have his hands clean where he could even if it meant throwing others under the bus. Some would call him vindictive, but he called it efficient and benefiting to himself. The suggestions were fired off and the youth would smile.

"I don't have scrolls, but I can offer to be in the middle.. I have a way of escaping sticky situations if necessary." He hummed politely, his smile was sickeningly sweet and as the group set off in malformed formation with Isamu at the head and the rain shinobi... Squeakers at the back, Nobohiro positioned himself comfortably to the center. A little tense, but only because of his heat exhaustion.. He would survive being in the center, it wasn't going to be a problem. He could easily out maneuver anything they would throw at them. They were genin after all, and even if they were testing to be chuunin, he knew that it was unlikely that there was anything that could stop him.

last edit by Han on Sept 23, 2018 11:41:12 GMT -5
Han has written 492 posts
Demon DesertSept 23, 2018 16:00:25 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
Being out of the hot room and into a desert was...a bit of an upgrade. In a sense anyway. It was more dry than humid which made holding his hat in front of the sun helped cool him off better as he walked along with his group. From what their instructions were they were going to do a lot of walking. Better than puzzle solving he thought but with these exams you could never be too careful about that sort of thing, it was never that easy for future shinobi was it?

"Well...if we're all ready we can start walking. Its a bit too hot to just stand here isn't it?" The young genin asked as he fanned himself with his hat while he looked between his group before waiting for them to start heading off. HOpefully this would be less stressful than figuring out riddles. Hopefully. He didn't have the highest hopes right now if he was being honest about it really.

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!
has written 52 posts
Demon DesertSept 23, 2018 18:27:32 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
"Guess we finally got it right... Or rather he got it right."

The latter of which he was referring to the quiet guy who was using his magic sand to see, feel, hear, whatever he was doing. As of now he had no real explanation for why the guy was able to do what he was doing. All he cared about was that it helped them through the first round of the exam. A huge sigh of relief could be heard from the Takeda as he would have had no clue what to do had he failed in the first round. A failure of that magnitude would not put his career in jeopardy, but more so his pride. He didn't want to come back to his loved ones as a Genin with all the work he put in the past almost two years. Especially to Lady Yoshiko.

Nevertheless, things weren't going as the Takeda expected it to go. He was hoping for some sort of intermission where they'd get the chance to try and cool off, but given the nature of these exams and what they were all aiming for it was only fair that the suffering continued. As Chuunin they'd have to really experience the hardships of war, and that meant having to deal with terrain the likes of which you'd probably never gone through before. But not only did you have to deal with those limitations, you'd be force to live the extreme circumstances of always being limited in the amount of supplies you were given. This is where the weak truly stood out. "Sigh.." The desert was not his cup of tea, and as it stood the only thing he and his group of people had going for them was that they did not use a bunch of chakra in those chambers.

In fact he was certain that only he and the magical sand guy were the only ones who really used their chakra in some sort of way. While not much it still counted toward something. "Of course... 5 canteens... Too many days to stretch this thing out.." There was not much upside other than the fact that passing the first round gave more time for them to prove to the examiners that they were worthy of promotion. Based on the physical appearance of his peers he determined that he was probably the most fit for this portion of the exam. Everything about him involved strength of the body which meant there was a good chance he could outlast them in a test of endurance. The downside was figuring out how to manage it in contrast with the abilities of everyone else that were here.

He was the Tank, but given his limited knowledge of everyone else here he had no idea what roles the rest of his peer took on. "Yeah, I'm with you on that one... Standing here is only going to waste more time for us... If we have anything to say like myself were better off moving AND talking about it." With that he'd take it upon himself to take 1 gulp from his canteen. ( 1/5 of the canteen ) Afterward he'd make his presence known. He wasn't going to play leader but given the information put out this wasn't something they could just wing. "Right now its looking like their probably pitting us up against another team.. To make matters worst is that it seems as though were going to be the ones doing the attacking... WHICH means the other group, or groups is probably getting the complete opposite lecture that we've been given." In other words it meant all the other team had to do was prepare for them.

They had the hard task of having to come for them, and if they were lucky enough to take the scroll from them then'd they'd be task with taking it to an entirely different location. Hopefully they'd have enough loot for them to take to survive the round. However, another thought did enter into his mind. How were they to stop them? The last thing he wanted was for them to have to take the lives of the opposition, but given the kind of conviction it took to even get here he could not risked letting up. He could only hope that they'd give up and vice versa. "So to make this long talk short were going to need to provide some intel to each other... I know most of you want to keep your sparkly powers to yourself, but if we don't get pass this point it won't even matter... For those who don't know, My eyes gives me the ability to see chakra and too see through solid objects.... But my range is pretty poor so there isn't much I can do from a certain distance.."

Sanosuke hoped the rest of his peers might chime in so that they could make this experience much easier on themselves. He revealed something about himself so at the very least the others would not feel like they were being left out. With this he got to help the group while keeping his other clans abilities under wrap for when the time came to actually use it. If it needed to be used here then he'd give his team a heads up on those abilities as well. He wanted to get out of the land of Genin, and without their help it might not be possible. Now that he spoke his piece he'd make sure to focus much of his attention on his body. He, unlike the rest of them had a bunch of swords he needed carry that was sure to add an extra load he wished to not bear for so long, but fortunately his training prepped him well for this.
| AP has written 801 posts
Demon DesertSept 24, 2018 13:42:11 GMT -5
Yutakako Ryuu
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Chuunin occupation
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past
Ryuu remained silent as he exited the tunnels and braced himself against the light of the desert sun. Great, even more heat, just what he needed... He hadn't revealed the fact that his jacket was weighted and he'd try to keep that fact to himself as long as he could. However, he knew that time was of the essence and to sooner they found their targets the better off they would all be. He began to scan his surroundings a bit and listened to the first two talk for a moment before he turned his attention to them. "Our goal is to find the team carrying information and dispatch them... Sounds simple enough on the surface... However, the desert landscape makes that a bit difficult but we do have the advantage of knowing which direction they're coming from. We know the group with the scroll is starting in the North. So we need to figure out where they are and then come up with some sort of ambush..."

Ryuu had found himself squating and picking up some sand as he spoke, watching it drain between his fingers as he did so. He sighed once more as he listened to Sanosuke talk, standing as he turned to look at him."I make no secret of my abilities, mainly because it's nigh impossibe for me as a member of the Yutakako... However, you make a valid point. If we are to formulate a successful ambush we will need as much information about one another as we can get. That way we can set ourselves up for the highest chance of winning the engagement." He looked around at the others, knowing he'd probably be getting strange looks for finally agreeing with someone else, but he didn't much care. The other boy had made a valid statement, and logic dictated that he follow that line of thought.

"Aside from my Bokuton, I primarily use Taijutsu. So I will be pretty ineffective at range, but if I can get close enough, I cand do some damage and hopefully scatter them to create an opening."He would crack his neck a bit and adjust his coath so it distributed the weight a bit more evenly. He would place his hands into his pockets and wait to hear what the others had to say for themselves and then, hopefully, they could get a move on and complete the task as quickly as possible.

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Demon DesertSept 27, 2018 2:05:58 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

With Life There Is Always Another Chance

In The Light There Is Always Darkness

They got out. The door was found to be correct and they had exited the chambers. As the other group, they were set before a proctor who presented canteens of water and instructions via a scroll. That scroll had them pitted against ones carrying information. Coming from the North and going to the South. Or… that’s what she would hope. Kaiya did not know the terrain of this desert. Nor did she have a clear idea of which way was North nor South in the slightest. It would be to their benefit to be South of the information coming from the North. But… what if they were farther North? They could head the opposite way and never retrieve anything…

A little tense and hot, the girl shed her armor within the chambers and felt at least a bit more than naked. Full body suit kept her covered completely, but she was rarely without her armor. It was strange. Yet. She still had her equipment on her. And what was more, the boys seemed to want to talk. Well, some of them. Taking her canteen and taking a swig as they chattered, she’d hold out a hand to the boy she helped earlier, quietly beckoning him to stay.

"If we set off in the wrong direction, we fail our mission.”

Hopefully he listened. Unless… he knew the way? The others were talking about themselves. Kaiya wasn’t sure she wanted to delve much into abilities. But perhaps some. "I have abilities with weaponry and armor, defensive tactics. I have a few ways of becoming long range if need be.” Her voice was quiet, much as it had been in the chambers. Even still, she looked over the desert sands. Ambush? That’s what they wanted? Where would they even hide?

"We need to know our location. Which way our target is coming from. It’s possible we must give chase rather than lie in wait. Our location and their location is vital. Can your eyes find chakra signatures at length, even vaguely?”

She addressed the larger male at the end. He said he could see chakra but didn’t have great range. How bad was his range? If he had no way of locating them, they were sunk. The Suna shinobi would have been convenient for his knowledge of the land right about then… but once more he was being silent. Why?

"Do you know the lay of the land, Sunagakure Shinobi?”

Address him. They couldn’t waste time. Their target was moving, and possibly fast. But without direction, they could cause their situation to be worse.

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Demon DesertSept 27, 2018 23:32:02 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation
[googlefont="Playfair Display"][googlefont="Alice"]

I really can't remember if I'm insane or insomniac

Hmm... using other scrolls as decoys. Something Squeakers was glad that the moth boy had suggested. It was a good idea--something Squeakers nearly thought of himself. Though, for him, sealing the real scroll was more of a priority. As he continued to listen to what the other boy said as they walked, Squeakers nodded a bit, agreeing with essentially everything that the boy was saying. The formation idea sounded pretty good, too, and he loved the ideas of giving false information.
    By the sound of it, though, nobody else had any scrolls on them.
    Typical.
    Though, Squeakers couldn't truly expect that from the others. From what he could tell, all of the others had fighting specializations that... didn't rely on scrolls. Though the new glasses kid was still a bit of an enigma to the masked individual. He spoke up and offered to travel in the center, though, claiming to be slippery. Squeakers nodded. It was fine with the masked kid if he went to the middle...
    "I have some spare scrolls, actually," Squeakers said as they traveled. He'd toss one to Sato, since he was posing as the one in the middle, it made sense that he had a scroll. Whether he carried it openly to make it obvious or not was up to him. Then, Squeakers would offer a scroll to Isamu--the strong-willed, javelin-swinging one of the group. She could probably defend herself pretty well against most opponents, though if she declined the offer then Squeakers wouldn't force it on her.
    The third scroll would go to Akio--if he would take it. Being a genjutsu user, it probably would be very easy for him to catch an opponent in an immobilizing genjutsu if they dared get too close in an attempt to snatch any scrolls from him... Squeakers felt he would probably be safe enough even with a scroll.
    Squeakers didn't want to give Sabishi a scroll because she was the medic of the team if he recalled correctly. And although Squeakers technically had a medical kit, and did know basic medical care... he knew it wasn't quite the same as medical ninjutsu--which he wanted to assume that Sabishi possessed. It was possible that she only knew the offensive-type meical ninjutsu, but Squeakers didn't want to risk her safety just because she may not know how to heal an injured teammate. He would attempt to keep her safety in mind just in case she did primarily focus on the healing aspects of medical ninjutsu. Whether or not she was willing to help any of her fellow genin out was completely up to her, but Squeakers valued her position in the group.
    "Sabishi," he spoke. "Considering you're a medic, I don't want to make you an unnecessary target if possible. It's more important for you to be able to function as a healer in case any of us is greatly injured, than it is for you to pose as a decoy. I will give you a scroll if you feel it's absolutely necessary, but I would prefer for you to stay out of harm's way as much as possible and would prefer to keep this scroll, myself." With hope she would agree, but if she didn't, he wouldn't fight her further on the topic and would hand over the fourth scroll.
    If she agreed to the suggestion, then Squeakers would pop the scroll into his pocket.
    And, with the fifth scroll, Squeakers would unravel it while they ran--and draw a seal into it as they traveled. Then he would seal a paper bomb into it and roll it back up, before locating the scroll in the back of his belt where it was out of view.
    And, with that settled, Squeakers would continue traveling without another word until something else came up.

Meanwhile, the clone was traveling ahead. Running as quickly as he could manage, heightened speed, and all. Making quite some distance ahead of the group, he would continue to scout for any problems. Any dangers in the terrain and... certainly keeping an eye out for any enemy shinobi who may appear on the horizon, as well. A simple task, really. And, so far, there was nothing to note.

Items Used:

3(possibly 4)/5 Small Scrolls
1/10 Explosive Tags

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Hikin Fuinjutsu - [Generic Sealing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
The most basic of sealing techniques, in which the user creates a simple seal upon a medium (such as a scroll) for which a multitude of objects can be stored. The sheer number and scale of items that can be sealed depends on the size of the seal itself, as basic shuriken and kunai can be placed within small scrolls, but giant shuriken or massive swords require thick torso-sized scrolls. This technique is what one requires if they wish to tap into such basic seals, though there are always other ways to unseal objects.

Clone Utilized:

Enhanced Physical Trait
Due to her extensive training in her early ninja days, Mikazuki has heightened speed, stamina, and endurance. Every day that she has an opportunity to, she still trains to further strengthen each trait. This ability was not gained from heritage or being born into a clan.

@tag
NOTES: notes here
Mika has written 1,141 posts
Demon DesertSept 29, 2018 16:08:30 GMT -5
Yugao Akio
Yugao Akio Avatar
groupnull
I HAVE A FRIEND
a moth named snowflake
VERY BAD THINGS
such horrible things
Akio wasn't sure the person with the scroll should be in the back, it meant they'd have to actively look back to make sure they didn't vanish. So as a loose formation was made off the redheads lead, he'd find himself immediately getting an annoyed feeling like the person who mattered most might vanish. He'd been forced to trust teammates with such a thing prior and even then things were anxious, but the thought of this complete stranger. A person who wore a mask and had a name that couldn't be taken seriously. There were serious reservations at such an individual being real, but everyone else interacted with them. So it clearly wasn't just his own imagination.

The boy would offer scrolls to everyone, it was nice that someone had the gear to make up for the others. However as he'd receive his he'd look back to the masked boy and ask. "Thanks, is there any chance we could trade spots in this formation. I'd feel safer if the scroll bearer was in at least one persons line of sight." Akio would ask with the most timid of tones and brightest of smiles he could imagine. He wasn't strong enough to push his way on others, nor did he have the charisma to turn a crew of people on each other. Instead he had some level of whits and a massive knowledge of genjutsu and the insanity it ensued. Performing the henge technique, he'd disguise the scroll to appear more official and even thought up a bland riddle to kanji the inside.

They didn't know whether or not the message was anything the other team knew about or even could know about. He knew they weren't allowed to read the original scroll, so maybe the other team wasn't allowed to open it either. Not knowing though meant he felt better making this impostor scroll, as they might be allowed to check the scroll, but not know it's exact contents. Hearing what squeakers spoke to Sabashi the genin would decide to once more pipe up his opinion. "I hate to interject, but might I suggest she take the scroll? If the enemy is successful in catching one of us them having an impostor scroll gives the enemy all the more reason to stop pursuing the rest of the group."

He was happy to not have the real scroll on him, he wasn't the one he'd want making a mad dash with it if it was necessary. He'd honestly expect himself to be caught due to his physical strength and speed. He was probably the slowest in the group, so lying about having the scroll would come easy. Maybe even convincing them it was that way and winning the game for his team. He really hoped he wouldn't be made a martyr for those thoughts, but hopefully after this many years of peace the real murderous genin were sorted out already.

Akio is also charging his moths. >->'

tag: // notes: You can't speak moth don't try me

last edit by Yugao Akio on Sept 29, 2018 16:34:00 GMT -5
has written 91 posts
Demon DesertSept 30, 2018 11:40:39 GMT -5
Nōhime Sabishī
Nōhime Sabishī Avatar
groupnull
age birthday January 7 rank Chunin occupation Iryo Nin
As squeakers took liberty to mention the well thought to be true "three days without water” fact, Nohime Sabishi the actual medical expert would proceed to point out this wasn’t as true as she thought it was going to be. "Gomenasai...but you’d be off in that assumption. The human body can normally live three days without water, but that assumes they aren’t exhausting their stamina like we are...and aren’t in severe desert heat like this.” She regretted in all honesty drinking most all of the water she had, but it was simply something she’d have to bear with. It was her mistake. However, there was always some hope that a greater source of water would present itself, albeit unlikely. Ultimately, she didn’t opt to waste any chakra for clones that might not be working out. Instead? She used the five she had made not so long ago. That was right. As a result, she moved out. With the rest of the team.

The clones of hers from the last examination would move on ahead ahead in five directions, sticking close enough to see each other and act as a party. As for herself? She listened to the decision of the Yuki boy and she found herself speaking up. "Gomena. If I may suggest. I’m a medical nin. Perhaps it would be a wise idea to have me take care of the scroll. I’m not the best at combat...not at all.” Nohime Sabishi wanted to make this clear to her fellow team members, not wanting to make herself stick out any further. Taking a deep breath, she felt how dry it was. "I’ll also...say we should try to move slow in the day to preserve energy. In the night when it’s cold, we can move more freely. If we’re lucky, we might even find water. Hopefully.” Though came the plans with the scrolls.

"Well then...while I’m the medic, it does make sense that I’d be the one that gets attacked last, I believe we should split the plan. Squeakers-San. If I may suggest, everyone. We need a strategy, a good plan. It seems you have knowledge on Fuinjutsu, and for that reason, I’d suggest we don’t keep many decoys. I believe...we should only have one.” Narrowing her eyes, she would hold her hand out expecting a scroll. "The Bakuretsu Banzai plan.” Using her intellect, she’d propose a strategy. "When encountered by the enemy, we will make it seem as if we are exhausted and hand over the decoy, and in doing so we will activate the explosive seal drawn on one, hopefully severely injuring or incapacitating an enemy. Afterwards? We rush in while their guard is down and quickly eliminate them.”

Following after the group, the intelligent surgeon would then make another case. "If possible, placing your seals on top of my Iwa Bunshin may also prove to be incredibly beneficial. I’ll have them engage in close range combat, and then detonation will prove to be fatal when performed correctly.” With a small sigh, she would make a secondary suggestion. "As for now though, my main suggestion is to move at a steady pace and prepare for battle. There’s no telling what might come next in this desert.”

5 Iwa Bunshin are moving with the group with Katana drawn and prepared for battle.
Water: 1/4th Canteen remaining.
dandead10 has written 167 posts
Demon DesertSept 30, 2018 12:53:27 GMT -5
Fujioka Isamu
Fujioka Isamu Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday June 10 rank Genin... occupation

I CAN'T FIND

0000 WORDS ■ @tag ■ SUPER SMALL NOTE

MY WAY

Spare scrolls? She didn’t have any. She said so. But the Squeaky one held one out to her, tried to give it to her. And then after a brief pause and quizzical look, it’d hit her that they were spreading out the false ones. Giving a bit of a nod, she’d take the offered item and shove it within a clasp around the belt at her hip. She was gonna burn from this damn sun… At least she wouldn’t be sweating through a million layers.

Otherwise, she kept moving. No one really talked to her. Everyone was talking about scrolls. And really, that was their business. She kept somewhat attention, but ultimately didn’t care who had the scroll. Looking over her shoulder now and again, just to make sure they were all there and not about to stab her in the back, but just moving on. Walking. She DID have to slow her pace. Annoyingly. She wanted to get there. As quick as possible. But she guessed maybe she shouldn’t use all her energy on merely getting there. There possibly could be trouble.

They’d figure out their plan. Walk easy in the day. Rest if they needed. And then in the night pick up the pace. It would take two days… two whole days. A long way to go.

deltra of gangnam style
Isily! has written 294 posts
Demon DesertOct 2, 2018 12:22:21 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation

Onward the group went, Nobohiro catching one of the decoy extra scrolls that Squeakers had. He would tuck it away, finding it unnecessary to keep it out in the open. Perhaps it would be a little too obvious. Plus it seemed everyone had their own ideas of what would be best. The small boy - Nobohiro was very small and unassuming in stature - didn't say a word as the team went left and right on what the tactic should be. But he picked up small things, the girl Isamu seemed annoyed or dejected. Akio had trust issues it seemed, something that was a problem on a team. Sabishi was a medic, just like Nobohiro was, but that was of course beyond the point. He didn't need to mention any of that as of right now.

Right now, he worried about how close their enemies were. They needed to keep moving now slowly but at a steady pace. He doubted an enemy would fall for a trick of them handing over the scroll too easily. They would have to fight and act tired, and give it up. Perhaps then the trick would work, all of the explosions and the like. But he doubted it would work simply by giving up immediately.

Still, easy to anger the boy remained quiet, his expression unchanging as he continued to move across the sand in an even pace with the rest of the group. He hoped that they would be smart enough to move out of his way though when the fight came to them..

Han has written 492 posts
Demon DesertOct 3, 2018 7:56:08 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
As the group laid out a plan the topic of discussing everyone's abilities came up and Tetsuya gulped down his anxiety. That wasn't something he really wanted to share but it seemed like everyone was seriously getting into it as they all started to share. Everyone had some impressive skill sets that could work wonders for their group which made the boy even more anxious. How could his unique...ability even begin to help the team? Ok yeah he could see where he could really shine by scaring the other team but then wouldn't he scare his team as well? It was a good thing that he had other skills that could probably come in handy.

"Well...well I have a puppet I can use and I'm a medic in training." He said as he chimed into the conversation, "So I can probably distract them and keep myself going if I need to." Plus it would be a great way for them to not see the hideous monster that he was, of course he needed to sell it with confidence so his hands were balled up into fists as he nodded and gave the team a look saying "i can do this" to them. He probably could despite his limited skill set, after all all they needed to do was steal some scrolls, how hard could that be?

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!
has written 52 posts