Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]

compose a reply
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 15, 2019 23:55:19 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

As Kazuto had predicted, Inoyami would shift her attention to the Nara silently, allowing him a moment to allow his thoughts to gather. Although he disliked gossip that had nothing to do with his village occupations. Courtly dramas, betrayals and trysts between clans and family that disliked each other were something that he found useless and a general waste of time, gossips that dealt with subterfuge, deception and the silence that was related with the missions that were related to his duties as ANBU. As he would allow the Yamanaka to continue asking he would take a drink of the tea, noting how the warmth of it had almost faded like how a flame from a candle faded at the breeze.

However it was then when the darkly Nara spoke that he blinked and coughed his tea, slapping the small porcelain cup as he allowed his cough to die down until it was done and then directed his eyes to the Nara as he wiped his chin and mouth and wondered if he had heard correctly. Sada. He said her name, I didn't misheard then. He told himself before he clear his throat, still feeling some discomfort before he would settle back.

The Senju wanted to say that he was surprised that he would have gone out with Sada. But in all honesty, Sada wasn't exactly known for having a particularly high bar. As far as he could tell, if she had a chance to have the adulation of any man or any being willing to do so, she would reward them in a way or another. In some way getting the Uzumaki to acknowledge you had become almost like an unofficial rite of passage for the young men of the village and also for the not so young if what he had heard was correct.

"Oh, well that sounds wonderful."

He would finally say.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,160 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 16, 2019 0:47:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

the less I see the sun the brighter I'll become

Inoyami had been mid-bite with her food when Shikajin dropped the small bomb that was his reveal about Sada. THE Sada. The blonde swallowed hard--not even finished chewing, fully, but swallowing nonetheless--and her hand fell against the table somewhat abruptly. The shock showed on her face.

"What?!" she said incredulously, blue eyes nailed to him. An excited yet dainty squeal of pure feminine joy worked its way past her lips. Apparently Kazuto hadn't expected it, either, because he began struggling with his drink. The Senju's words implied anything but the words themselves. Inoyami's mouth had fallen open, but she closed it again, trying to compose herself.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?! Ohmygosh!" She felt her food snailing harshly down her throat, and she regretted briefly that she'd hurried downing it. She patted a few times against her chest, willing the large slice of beef and accompanying rice to just get to her stomach already.

The blonde leaned in, especially quiet, her tone lowering, but it was clear that she was holding back far too much energy. Like a dam with too much water behind it. "Was it like...a date?" She had to ask! Because "spending time with" could have meant anything. It could have meant a nice stroll around the village. Maybe a conversation in the street. Or lunch. Or maybe... She didn't want to think about the other thing. Knowing Sada's reputation, there were several ways with her that "time" could've veered into. But she wanted to hear the details straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

omg HEX:#28a805 ,

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 16, 2019 19:42:04 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you

The cough, the choke, the scream, the looks of confusion. It was all so delicious. Shikajin wasn't one to normally mislead or lie but if he had answered truthfully the conversation would have came to an abrupt halt at his hands, at least this way there would be a few more moments of excitement. Inoyami's reaction would be of no surprise, she wore her emotions basically on her sleeve and just about any fresh piece of news could send her into a tizzy. It was Kazuto, however, that drew a raised brow from the Nara. For all his stoicism and level headedness hearing that Shikajin had had dealings with Sada seemed to disturb his spirit something fierce.

But why?

The Senju was probably of a high ranking and a position to match so there was little chance he hadn't run into the woman at some point, but even knowing her personality wouldn't warrant such a reaction. Well... considering it was the planeswalker Nara perhaps seeing two people who were at very opposite ends of the spectrum together would be a little shocking; but this wasn't that. No, it was something deeper. Had the two of them had dealings in the past? Romantic ones, at that? Oh that would definitely make things a lot more interesting. Messy, even. Asking now would be too soon of a crescendo, and it could have possibly given the Yamanaka some information that would potentially slip out when, not if, she encountered Miho. But the Chunin was going to find out something, that was for sure.

"I didn't think hanging out around the clan compound would be all that interesting to you. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but she seemed to enjoy clinging to my arm and playing in my hair." The last part came with a small sigh, he hadn't been too fond of a foreign hand rummaging around his dark follicles but the woman was strong for her figure and she probably wasn't used to hearing 'no' a lot. His words would probably warrant a whole pallet of questions from Inoyami, but for a moment the Nara would turn his attention to Kazuto; sliding a napkin across the table to help wipe up his mess.

"Anything I should know about Sada?" He'd ask the Senju with a look that let the man know he knew something was up.
 @inoyami @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 17, 2019 0:28:04 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

His hand reached for the napkin, softly tapping away the damp mixture of herbs and almost cold water from his chin as he sensed the unease that came from the the relief after having choked and coughed on the news. Calmly he would regain his stoicism as he began to consider how much he would reveal of... well he had wanted to call it liaison or tryst, but he didn't exactly knew how to define what had gone through them, if it could be given a word to fully define it at all. If anything he could consider it a stage in his life that he would've rather forget.

"I would just be careful around her, that is all."

Kazuto said in a serious tone. After all, the woman had showed him equal amounts kindness via a physical relationship as she had hurt him physically, his mind having a flashback at the situation her fist striking his solar plexus before sending him into a careening against a bookshelf that destroyed the apartment he had been leaving in. The jinchuriki of the tailed beast was strong, but she was also a fool into thinking that the creature that was the nine-tailed fox would do as she demanded rather than further cloud her mind with what it desired.

The Senju had made up his mind that on the likelihood of having to fight Sada or more like it, the fox should she give in and the seal be broken, his abilities with Mokuton being one of the few things that could control and reign a tailed beast. The possibility of such a fight gave him enough pause to create theoretical plans in case that would come to pass. Hopefully she had, as she had the adulation she required.

"She's not someone to trifle with, she might be playful but getting into her bad side is not something I would recommend."

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 20, 2019 0:30:33 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

They had just...walked around? And in the safety of the Nara's compound? That was a lot less dramatic sounding than what the blonde had envisioned. So...tame. But a part of her was relieved. And curious. Why had Sada been so fascinated with him? Inoyami had acknowledged long ago that her teammate was nice looking, and really smart, and could be witty at times. So there was plenty to appreciate, she supposed. But why the particular occasion of clinging to him? Had she taken a genuine interest in the guy, or just been bored?

The blonde's attention went to Kazuto when Shikajin asked if there was anything he needed to know about the woman--though whether that was from a returned interest in her or just a desire to be cautious, she didn't know. The Senju warned about her personality. Was she that fickle? Ino had heard plenty a rumor and story concerning her, but now she wondered about Kazuto's ties to her. How deeply had they been involved for him to have that kind of insight?

Inoyami wanted to ask Kazuto directly if he'd been hurt. Saying that the woman was dangerous implied as much, but she didn't want to reach too far with assumptions, as that'd only smear someone's name--or association. Instead, she settled for a broader question that was still in the same vein and would hopefully give more insight. And Shikajin would probably gain something from it, too, assuming Kazuto answered honestly.

"How do you know her?"

No notes~! HEX:#28a805 ,

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 21, 2019 11:28:39 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto's words were more a warning than anything else, no smoldering evidence of past encounters or the such, just a word of caution that Shikajin had been able to deduce himself from his short amount of time around Sada. Being the host of the village's demon aside, or maybe because of, she had definitely developed a very foreward personality that practically begged for someone to try and stifle her fun; which unfortunately there were very few if any in Konoha who could do such a thing. The odd thing about the woman was that she wasn't mean --firm, yes-- but not an outright bastard like those who usually had that amount of power could be. That begged the question of what exactly would make the Senju so adamant about keeping Sada at arm's length?

It made sense not to rile up the host of a demon, that seemed common sense, and even mispronouncing Sada's name had earned Shikajin a less than desriable grip on his hair, but physicality aside there had to be other ways in which the woman earned her reputation. Most ninja were strong in some form or fashion whether it was the more physical stuff or something more ephemeral in nature, and while Sada held a power that the Nara would never be able to imagine there was a crucial piece to Kazuto's story that would give him the credentials needed for Shikajin to heed his words wholely; not that he thought the man was lying or anything, but not having the entire story made for some shaky argument building.

Inoyami would chime in with the question on both their minds: what was the relationship between Kazuto and Sada? Him nearly choking on his tea moments ago was a clear sign that they were more than acquantices, but Shikajin wasn't in the field of guess work and wanted to clear cut facts. Now the question was would the Senju provide them? Dark hues would lock onto Kazuto awaiting his answer. Would he show any signs of trepidation? Would he hesitate to carefully craft an answer that would keep him in an upstanding light? Or would he divulge all the deep, dark secrets of he and Sada's... whatever they had?

"Yes, Kazuto, it sounds like you two shared more than a passing wave amongst comrades."
@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 21, 2019 12:15:39 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"I wouldn't go that far, into calling her a comrade."

Kazuto said, answering first to the Nara. Quietly considering on what truths he would let out. He didn't believe that they needed to know all the details of what had transpired in the mission, and what happened afterwards was something private that he wasn't keen into discussing. The Senju was in no illusion that the half truths he would tell would remain that, as gossip went along it was possible that they both would learn of the tryst he and Sada had, if that could be called such.

"Personally I can't see Sada sacrificing herself for someone else. Ultimately, Sada's loyalty is to herself. The village just gives her a steady supply of sycophants and worshipers to sate her desire for attention."

Done with setting the mood of his story, he leaned forward, eyes shifting between the blonde and the raven haired man. Deciding to keep strictly to the details of a mission and what had transpired in the days after their mission to deliver a scroll.

"We were assigned to a mission to deliver a scroll. The mission itself wasn't terrible but she grew fond of me. Well, I want to believe she did. Days after our mission she wanted to train and I agreed... but..."

He said bitterly, remembering the terrible destruction of his very first own apartment.

"She came to my apartment and proceeded to punch me in the sternum, no forewarning, no indication. I crashed against a bookshelf and then she proceeded to train in the middle of my living room... As I... recovered from crashing against a pile of books easily my weight, and a bookshelf that was as solid as this table."

Silence would settle between the three friends rested his elbows upon the table and laced fingers together before his hand in a pensive stance, wondering what else he could tell them. He supposed that they at least would know what she was.

"I trained with her again after I had my promotion to Jonin. The Hokage asked me for the reason that Mokuton can contain the might of a tailed beast... Quite frankly, she is not sound of mind to hold that power and I dread the day I'd have to fight her or more like it, the thing that was sealed within her."

The Senju sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"Pity though... I was fond of that apartment. It wasn't big, but it surely was better than living in the streets."

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 22, 2019 22:59:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Shikajin added on to her question, agreeing that Kazuto had given the impression he and Sada were more connected somehow than he'd let on. She gave a nod, looking to Kazuto for an answer. What he did reveal was concerning. The first bit about the fact she only likely claimed loyalty to herself was probably the worst, outside of hearing that she'd attacked their friend without any warning AND was definitely unstable mentally.

Inoyami was quiet for a bit, gears turning as she pieced everything together in her head before speaking. "Unstable as she is, she doesn't have any right to treat you the way she did," she said sternly, in a vastly different mood from the joy she'd exuded earlier. Kazuto's words had actually upset her--not quite angry, but bothered that what had happened to him had happened at all, and his knowledge about how the host was handled seemed to make things worse. "I don't care if it's a problematic academy student or a jinchuuriki, it's not right that a village, even a prominent one like ours, enables the kind of destructive, narcissistic behavior that does nothing but hurt people. It hurts our reputation, too. What if she walked into an allied village and started parading around and treating people there the same way she's treated you two? Do you honestly think Konoha would be looked upon more kindly? With more respect?" Her voice had risen slightly. "The answer is no," she said firmly, before huffing and picking up her glass to take a drink.

The blonde would give her teammate time to respond or question Kazuto further, but when the moment presented itself, her blues would find Kazuto again, asking more quietly but still with a hint of agitation: "I trust you reported the incident to the Hokage?" He better have.

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 23, 2019 20:56:51 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The mood had definitely shifted before Kazuto had even begun to speak, whether it be anticipation or curiosity but it was clear that they were about to delve into a topic that the Senju felt strongly about. As expected, the words that came out of the man's mouth were none too pleasant. Talk of narcissism and worship --not really the vibe Shikajin had gotten from her though it wouldn't be farfetched to think that Sada's power gave her a bit of a complex, but even still she wouldn't let that get in the way of being a competent member of the village, right?

Apparently not... Imagining Kazuto being caught off guard was difficult let alone being thrown around an apartment. A brow would raise as the story continued. It was clear that the woman was temperamental and with her strength the combination was deadly. All things considered it was clear that the Nara needed to keep his distance from the woman, but would Sada allow such a thing now that she knew he existed? Hopefully she would simply move on to a new target but on the off chance that she ever came around the Nara compound looking for him being his normally curt self probably wouldn't work if he wanted to leave uninjured. If she asked why that would present its own set of problems as mentioning Kazuto's name would surely put him in harms way if the woman was as temperamental as described.

While Shikajin remained silent to contemplate Inoyami would boldly speak her piece, voice rising every few words as her anger grew. The woman was a fiercely loyal friend and though at times the Nara was apathetic to her bubbly, bonding nature it was that very thing that kept him from falling completely to darkness. "Well that's certainly some alarming news. Guess I'll have to be careful to avoid her going forward." He'd reply still thinking over the possibilities.

He was surprised to hear Inoyami ask if the Senju had reported Sada's actions to the Hokage. Yes this type of behavior wasn't acceptable, but if she were truly this debased then could even the strongest shinobi in the village settle Sada down? Or was it the beast within her that needed calming? Whatever the case, something was probably going to happen if the Yamanaka had her way.
@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Sept 24, 2019 0:11:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"She knows."

Kazuto said, replying to Inoyami's question. If anything could do something was the Hokage, after all, Lady Niko was the best and brightest of all of them. She was as powerful as she was wise, and if precautions were being taken then she would have most likely had taken them. But that didn't make him feel any better at the prospect to have to fight the tailed at some point. He already had seen a few tails during the training he had managed to survive, managed to slice a tail off when he was still just a newly minted Jonin.

"To her credit, I will say she has mellowed. At least from what I know. I haven't had direct interaction with her since that second training. She doesn't attend the Senju-Uzumaki gatherings, or at least she hasn't made her presence known."

For that he couldn't really blame her. In his experience between the Senju clan and their cadet branch were dull affairs. And had he not been the head of the Senju clan, obliged to be there by the ancient traditions that bound both clans in writs of union and covenants of blood, he wouldn't have bothered to attend. Although, he would have to say that the fact that the Uzumaki clan as a whole had done little to cull this behavior did unsettled him, he would even go far into call it disappointing. He chuckled for a brief second however.

"I'd always feared waking up and finding half the compound gone in the swipe of one of those tails. But if I'm perfectly honest with both of you, I pity the poor sod that will have to tell her how she has wrinkles around those eyes, or why ash has mingled with that fairy mane."

After all, for all the talk about her perfection and her heavenly presence and beauty that was a gift from the heavens, mortality and age would catch to her eventually. It would catch all of them and he had accepted that as a fact, nothing more.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Oct 2, 2019 0:07:34 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Calling the woman's tendencies "alarming" was accurate, if not making it sound a lot less horrible than it actually was. Kazuto claimed that the Hokage already knew about the incident. And Inoyami did want to be comforted by that. Except the Senju then followed up by trying to cushion the blow from his story, claiming the woman had mellowed out somewhat since the incident had happened. Too late. The blonde was rustled.

"Well, more should be done," she asserted, sounding far from satisfied. If Shikajin had so easily been approached in his own clan compound, what was to stop the woman from walking into the Yamanaka compound and making ill choices there, too? Would she destroy the beautiful gardens because the flowers were prettier than her? Or throw a fit because one of Ino's gorgeous kin refused her advances entirely? Or would she cause general unease because she knew no one would stop her?

"Aging is part of life. I'm going to grow old too someday but I'm not crying about it." She thought on this for a moment, seeming to switch gears into a more solemn frame of mind. "But that means I'll be without 'Yori for my last years. The world is cruel..." He was, what, 15 years older than her? To go so long without him, and that's even if they both made it that far. She pouted a bit and blew the air out through her nose, raising her glass for another drink. She was still upset, but for a different reason. She tried to remind herself, though, that this was a fun occasion, and dwelling on the bad wasn't part of their itinerary. As much as she wanted to bring something else up--anything, really--her brain had other ideas and chose to hang around in sapville. So she took another drink instead. Her stomach was feeling especially warm, now. It was nice. Nice in a way that stilled her sadness for a little while. How much had she eaten, anyway? What if she got back for dinner and didn't have room for what he cooked for them? What if--worse--she didn't have room for dessert??

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Oct 4, 2019 19:50:50 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin wasn't sure what was more surprising: that Inoyami wanted Kazuto to tell the Hokage about the incident or that she already knew and... well, was still allowed to roam free, though given what Sada was it was a very tricky game to try and keep her in check without riling the beast within. Oh what fun it must be to lead a village with a literal demon walking around. The Nara himself was also in a bit of a predicament considering that if Sada did come back to the clan compound he'd be stuck between keeping distance and wanting to prevent any of his clan mates from falling victim to her ways. His sullen nature allowed a natural buffer to her feminine wiles, but other more friendly Nara probably wouldn't be as fortunate.

No matter, that was a bridge he'd cross should the need arise, but if there was anything the Chunin had learned over the years it was to never comment on a woman's aging and even if Sada was literally decaying before his very eyes not a peep would come from him; even if she had mellowed out, which was hard to believe even from only a single interaction. Shikajin wasn't sure when or why the conversation had turned to the eventual final state of life but it was depressing even for him. To his knowledge everyone died eventually, civilian and shinobi alike. Some were cursed with short lives, others cursed to live long enough to see those they cared for pass on. Being a medic and working in a hospital gave almost daily examples of how fleeting life could be, but in a weird way it served to ensure that the Nara was spending his time doing what he enjoyed.

"You guys are depressing." He'd speak while looking between the two of them. "Our line of work doesn't come with long life spans and even being pretty skillful can maybe buy you a few extra years, so enjoy the time you have now doing what you want with who you want." Shikajin would add before leaning back in his seat. Perhaps that would be the push Inoyami needed to follow through with her mystery person, or at the very least not get all emotional thinking about her brother being a little older than her. For Kazuto, it perhaps would not mean too much seeing as he was content in both his profession-whatever that was- and his relationship with Miho. The Nara wasn't in the business of inspiring speeches but he at least knew when to nip certain situations in the bud.

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Oct 6, 2019 0:47:24 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Depressing?"

Kazuto replied with a bemused tone, an eyebrow raised as he mused on his words. Kazuto had seen death in droves for someone of their age. He had seen teammates die, teachers succumb to wounds, his own parents die at the hands of illnesses that burn their insides and had left them as husks. He had seen his own sister gored in the middle of exams alongside hundreds or perhaps even thousands more. He had fought and slain enemy shinobi since the time he was a Chunin and he had done so without enjoyment of the mere act, compartmentalizing the memories of each enemy slain, each life taken until there were nothing more but a distant echo, unheard under the crashing waves of the sea.

It he placed it in that way, then, perhaps Shikajin was correct. Inoyami and himself were depressing beings. A life in constant remembrance of what could be lost and what had being lost, a life in the memory of that which had been destroyed. These were not the deeds and sagas that would be considered worth remembering. But life itself was something that anyone knew how it would unfold. Silently he nodded as he accepted his reasoning, before speaking again.

"Perhaps. It would hubris to think otherwise."

He said in a agreement to the Nara, before looking at both against with some resolve in his features and behind his words.

"That being said, I believe that dwelling our thoughts in how our final doom would be, is like fitting our burial shrouds before our time. How can we live to our fullest with such a severe and grim outlook?"

The Senju said calmly, taking his time to pace each word in the sentence as he believed in the words he had spoken as if they were an universal truth.

"It is fine to live our lives, leaving our echoes in eternity, seeking that form of immortality. But we're also meant to live for the moments that take our breath away, that give meaning to all the hardship that we may encounter."

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Oct 7, 2019 1:06:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Inoyami didn't usually mind being the source of sunshine within her circle. But for her teammate to call her depressing, only to say something even worse? Talk about frustrating. He wasn't wrong about enjoying their time in the present. She did agree with him. But just because they had risky careers that didn't mean they shouldn't anticipate a happy future many years on. Cutting your lifespan short in your own mind was basically just asking for a disappointing self-fulfilling prophecy. And Inoyami wasn't about to set herself up for dying young.

And then Kazuto agreed..sort of? Inoyami wished for a moment that she had someone else sitting at the table who might have taken her side. She already knew her brother would've taken the harsh realist route, but he still would've said something remotely comforting.

The blonde was about to open her mouth to argue against the two, but then Kazuto spoke up and said basically what she was thinking. How could they live their best lives if they actually believed they'd die young?

"Yes, exactly!" The blonde waved an open palm at Kazuto, shooting a look toward her teammate. "See?? He gets it!" She was relieved. Kazuto appeared pretty black and white about things but it seemed even he knew to value having more hope than pessimism.

"It's the nice moments like these that help us get to that point, too," she said. "Good stress leads to better heart health and better memory. So this lunch, Shikajin--" she paused to nudge his shoulder with her own, "--probably gave you another few months down the line, with which to spend with me! Fun to think about, huh?" She smiled at him. Okay, he probably wouldn't be as entertained by the idea. But she was trying to be encouraging! It was like, half her job as his teammate. The other half being to help keep them both alive, of course.

Inoyami took another drink from her glass, wondering about her ratio of raspberry tea to wine. She'd been drinking more of the wine for the latter half of her meal. It wasn't as bitter as she'd thought, but it was similar to the tea in the hints of sweetness. And it'd really helped her loosen up, not think so much, not worry so much. Just talk, and laugh, and be open. Basically how she wanted to be all the time, without the constant barrier of trying to look like some rigid model for professionalism. Plus, these were her friends...they shouldn't care. Right? But just in case, she'd switch back to tea with her next cup.

"If you guys could be immortal, what would you do?" she asked.

TEMPbyAi ♥

last edit by Deleted on Oct 7, 2019 1:07:03 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Oct 7, 2019 19:29:52 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Something strange was happening and Shikajin wasn't quite sure what it was. Had neither of them gotten the irony of his statement? The gloomy one calling the others depressing was a classic pot meeting kettle moment and where disbelief should have been there was only... chastising and deep spiels. Inoyami seemed none too pleased and Kazuto was trying his hardest to make sense of things where none was supposed to be. The Nara knew jokes weren't his strong suit but this had backfired tremendously. Would he double back to let them know that what he said had been in jest? Seemed a little late for that to be honest so it seemed that he'd just be rolling with the punches for now, quiet as usual and quiet as ever. Besides, Inoyami was definitely feeling the effects of her drink and probably wouldn't listen to reason.

The Yamanaka would pose a question: what would they do granted immortality? Shikajin hadn't thought of such a thing in many years. He was painfully aware that such a thing didn't exist and in fact the opposite was always the norm; the Akimichi's death was more than proof of that. Answering with that, however, would definitely make him the depressing one this time around. But what would the man do with no limit on his life? Become the world's best medic? Nah, he was already on his way to that goal. Travel the world seemed a good choice, more so for the opportunity to spend extended periods of time in a place rather than fleeting moments to ensure seeing as many places as possible.

So many options, all with merit but none that truly stood out. "Get a good night's rest." Shikajin would answer plainly. Better than saying nothing, right? In all honesty the Nara hadn't slept through an entire night in years less he was exhausted from training or missions and even then it was a restless slumber. He had become accustomed to the cat naps and burning the midnight oil and his skills as both a medic and a Nara had improved because of it, but without time running against him perhaps Shikajin wouldn't be so worried with doing all he could in whatever time he had left and just... sleeping.