Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]

compose a reply
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 16, 2019 21:33:09 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Kazuto was almost startled by the sudden sharpness of the blue eyes of the blonde, almost as if she had known about his doubts on whether or not she and her brother were good singers. He felt somewhat unnerved in fact and wondered if that was part of the intimidation techniques that the Yamanaka used on the victims that would receive as they began going through their minds. For a brief second he wondered if Inoyami had indeed been looking through his thoughts but he found it out of character for her, even so, he gulped and rested against his seat, taking one of the dango and eating it whilst the Nara would give an explanation of what his clan did with the deer that they tended.

He found what he had been told interesting, as how they took care of the different herds but didn't disturb them if they didn't have too. They had found a form of equilibrium with nature that reminded him as much of what his clan did in the deep forests that they held sacrosanct and the special breeds of trees that grew and prospered there. They only took what they needed and left the nature alone until they would return again for branches, or the bark or the flowers that were there. He had never done the pilgrimage just yet, but he hoped that when the time was right, he would be amazed by the majesty of the forest.

"I would have to say, it is great you find something that you find fulfilling, Inoyami." He said before taking another bite of the dango and swallowed with a sip of green tea before speaking again. "Unfortunately I can only do fishing or wood carving, nothing too exciting I'm afraid. But it may be for the better. I can't sing to save my life." He said allowing himself to chuckle.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,160 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 24, 2019 0:34:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

the less I see the sun the brighter I'll become

If Inoyami was allowed, she'd have loved to accompany her teammate into the forest later that day and visit with the deer. "Visit" being "pet" and "talk to." She adored animals. Deer were cute. Like thinner, skittish horses. She'd never ask such a foolish thing, though. She knew how the Nara viewed their animals and she wouldn't dream of imposing such a selfish visit. The way they tended to them had always fascinated her. To have their clan be responsible for the whole population of the forest, it was likely something of a source of pride for them. It would be for her.

Inoyami had just finished her taste test when Shikajin spoke up again about her singing, and the blonde shot him a hard glare, something between a hum and growl rolling out of her throat just loud enough for him to hear. She wanted to retort back something witty concerning his "standing ovations" jab, but she settled for her sound of displeasure and a thoroughly piercing gaze. Inoyami was naturally a bright person but she knew her way around icy stares and cold looks.

At least Kazuto was supportive. Eventually she'd tear her gaze away from Shikajin to flash a small smile at the Senju. "Thank you," she said with emphasis, relaxing again with the mention of wood carving and fishing. "That makes sense for you. What kinds of things can you carve? Do you do requests? What about animals? Could you make a replica of something if you saw it?" The mokuton user being a skilled wood carver was no surprise but she was curious how deep the hobby went. She might have to commission him for a gift or two. Maybe some decor for the house.

No notes~! HEX:#28a805 ,

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 24, 2019 17:53:02 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you

Inoyami had never been a fan of being teased, and for the most part Shikajin obliged but every so often when he found a very specific avenue of entertainment the urge became too strong. He could vaguely recall the Yamanaka's singing whether it be during a mission or training and while specifics couldn't be recalled the chunin didn't remember it being bad, per say. Allowing others to freely express their interests judgment free was a key to teamwork and being a decent person in general, so their former sensei said, and if people were too afraid to share mundane interests then they'd be stagnant in more pressing situations.

The Senju would play peacemaker as Shikajin silently enjoyed more of his dessert. Had Inoyami shot him a menacing glare? Perhaps. But it paled in comparison to the current treat he was enjoying. With Inoyami and her singing and the Nara and his deer there only remained one who had yet to detail his plans after this little get together had ended: Kazuto. If the chunin was a betting man he would have put a hefty amount of his life savings on the activity being something wood related, though admittedly it would have been training related and not... wood carving. Then again, Kazuto did seem monotonous enough to embrace such a mundane hobby, and with a near endless supply of the stuff there was plenty of practice to be had.

Inoyami would inquire about requests and skill level in general, no doubt priming to request a carving for herself; probably a squirrel. "She wants a squirrel." Shikajin would interject. He wouldn't look to see if the Yamanaka's bubble had been burst before being able to ask herself, but the man had a pretty good inclination of where the conversation was headed so best to get right to it. Of course, there was a possibility that he could have been wrong, maybe she wanted a deer to surprise her teammate with, and a surprise that would have been, but the chunin was oh so positive that a squirrel to remind her of that fluffy tailed familiar of hers was the object of her desire.
@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 28, 2019 0:23:00 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto was surprised at first by what seemed to be a passive aggressiveness from the Yamanaka that he could have not expected. Quietly he surmised that it had been wise not to speak about his doubts of how well Inoyami sang. Indeed he felt it would be best if he left the topic and that and dared not to brought her up any more lest he would summon the anger of his friend. He had to wonder what sort of rage she would unleash if her pride was wounded, if it was something petty or the sort of exhortation that could end with any man being slammed against a door or a wall. It was better not to find out, he surmised.

Then came the barrage of questions from her part that didn't give her enough time to answer one as the other appeared and he would have to switch his attention from it, unable to answer properly. It wasn't long however that he would find some respite as the Nara would interject, claiming that what she wanted was an squirrel and he could not do anything but begin to laugh at the whole situation, finding it amusing that they would both have a contentious relationship that was a good friendship forged through the time they had spend together through their team and the special relationships that their hands clan. He gathered his breath before turning towards them.

"I apologize, I wasn't laughing at you..." He said before taking a sip of his tea and leaning in forward. "I honestly just do it for relaxation." Kazuto said calmly. He had loved the fact that he could just take a block of wood, using the utensils to he would shed away the wood, curve it and breath a form of life that was frozen in time, or at least until the wood gave away into decay unless he had lacquered. "But to answer your questions, yes I could probably do a replica of a something if I saw it and memorize it. And I can also make a squirrel I suppose. I have never tried, but I think I should be able." Kazuto replied.

He would imagine that if he could have his way, he could make a business about it, although he could already see the clan elders being annoyed by the fact that he was abusing his element to simply fill his coffers. "And I wouldn't charge if I did carve one."

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 28, 2019 2:26:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Did she want a squirrel carving? Heck yes. It would look so adorable on her desk at home. Or maybe on the kitchen counter. It would shock no one that her teammate saw right through her questions, poking at the core of her intention for Kazuto's skills. She loosed a short, exasperated sigh and after giving her friend a look that screamed "Seriously?" she would turn her focus back to Kazuto. Apparently he'd found the exchange funny in some way. Not laughing "at" them, but something about what Shikajin had said had clearly been humorous. She didn't read into it much, waiting for his answer.

Which was yes. But he wouldn't charge for the carving, and while Inoyami admired and respected that, she still felt like she'd have to pay him for his time. "Well, they say you shouldn't do something for free if you're good at it. I wouldn't force you to take money if you're against it, but I'll come up with something to pay you back for your time."

She cleared her throat, and with a tiny pause, she would add, "A red squirrel, pretty please?" She beamed a hopeful smile. "Whenever you have the time. Surprise me!"

Oh, she could already see her brother's face when he walked in the door and saw the new addition. Maybe, after the first, she'd start collecting them? Buy a new one periodically, put them all over the house in inconspicuous places that only he would notice--inside cupboards, behind doors, beneath the sinks, in the garden hiding among the plants... The blonde failed to hide a smile as the scheming spiraled onward in her own head, soon lost in her thoughts with a mischievous bout of giggling to match.

Of course, the blonde had her share of squirrel-themed decor in her own room, but that's where it'd always been limited to. "I must've been a squirrel in a past life to love them so much now," she mused. Back in the academy, she'd known a girl who was totally obsessed with pigeons. The girl's family had raised them as messengers. Ino tried to picture Riki darting around the house with a little messenger box tied to her back. So cute!

HEX: #db9320 No notes!

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 17:53:42 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 28, 2019 10:14:11 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Call it clairvoyance or maybe just spending enough time around a person to get a good idea of what they liked, but Inoyami had no one but herself to give less than pleasant looks to. If Shikajin hadn't interjected he surmised that the woman would still be inundating the Senju with questions, slowly but surely circling in on her overall request, but there was no way to tell just how many questions it would take to get to that point. The Nara simply rolled his eyes as he returned to his ice cream. He'd be coming to the last few scrapes here shortly and mulled ordering a second bowl, but he'd play the field for now.

Using ones abilities to also bring them some relief, albeit in a different form, seemed pleasant. You could do just about anything with a near inexhaustible supply of trees but there was little that took as much time and focus as wood carving, and the chunin imagined Kazuto to replace the stressors of job and life with whatever design he had chosen to work on at the moment. Shikajin would listen to the other two warble on if Inoyami would pay for the carving, of course she wanted to, and her stubborn nature was going to prevent her from simply accepting a gift and saving a few coins. Silly woman. Though... the thought of a small deer adorning his quarters didn't sound to bad actually. Perhaps he'd wait to see some examples of craftsmanship before putting in a request of his own; and away from the Yamanaka who would surely never let him hear the end of it.

His teammate commenting that a previous incarnation must have been a squirrel to explain her fascination with the creatures was... not too far off. High energy, on edge, etc., sounded just like those bushy tailed nut hoarders. Try as he might Shikajin couldn't remember why, or when, Inoyami had become so enthralled with the animals. He was more than aware of her familiar and the bond that they shared but other than that lone example there wasn't too much else to go on. He had half expected her to pop up one day with a summoning contract and adding battle squirrels to her capabilities, but as of yet that hadn't happened.

"I'm sure you were the happiest squirrel in the pack." Were a group of squirrels even called packs? Who knew, but hopefully the woman would take the compliment at face value and not look into how Shikajin might have thought she was a bit mental for saying such a thing aloud.

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 28, 2019 12:57:37 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Dray." Kazuto said before taking another bite of his dango, chewing on the gelatinous sensation before he would swallow it and clean his palette with the taste of the green tea. He would lower his cup and then look at the Nara. "A family of squirrels is called a dray." he said before returning his sight to the Yamanaka, shooting a glance at her as he took another sip of his drink before laying the cup down. "I don't really need the money, so consider it a gift." After all, why would he need the money when he was the head of one of the most ancestral clans of the village.

Perhaps before when he had ascended into the leadership of the clan, leaving behind the name of his mother's family name when he had to live in squalor and then he really didn't feel comfortable using the abilities that were due the blood alchemy of his genes. He had despised to use Mokuton that he would imagine if the Kazuto of back then saw what he became he would've felt dismayed or would have accused him of treason of bending to what his father was alongside growing to look like a lot like the old man during his youth.

He then would turn towards the Nara and grinned at him. "Perhaps a lovely Deer for you since I'm at it?" He said half in joke and half in honesty. He had never etched the forms of a squirrel and a deer from a piece of wood. He had done horses, birds, he had crafted the shape of hands forming a cup, shinobi wearing ancient armor, birds as small as a nightingale to those similar to eagles, he had made a toy once for a boy of the clan that had recently lose his father only to comfort him. He found it calming to simply work through the raw materials. So perhaps a squirrel and a deer would not be terribly difficult to do.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Dec 30, 2019 20:06:21 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Mm, yes, dray. Of course tree boy knew the answer. Well whatever, Inoyami would have been the happiest squirrel in the dray. Hopefully the Yamanaka would just accept the gift and not continue the carousel of wanting to pay for a wood sculpture but her ever giving nature made it a distinct possibility. If that were to happen Shikajin would definitely be ordering another bowl of ice cream, maybe two depending on how long they went at it. He never had his fill of sweets and social graces were about the only thing that kept him from shoveling an unholy amount of sweets in his mouth in public.

The Senju would ask if he wanted a deer sculpture causing the chunin to simply stare at his friend. He wouldn't speak, just stare. Of course he wanted one but after giving Inoyami all that crap she wouldn't let him live it down. He'd shoot a quick glance to his teammate before refocusing on Kazuto. "No thank you." He'd say. His eyes said otherwise. Would the Senju be coy enough to read between the lines? Hopefully so, but he'd also need to understand that he couldn't give them their gifts at the same time. The high pitched squeal that would come from Inoyami would be enough to shatter glass, or as she called it 'singing'. He'd have to hide it in the safest place that the woman wouldn't be able to get to: his room. There was a perfect space for it, too. Perhaps he'd ask for two made of heavier material to use as book holders? That'd be nice. He had so many medical journals it was hard to not just pile them on top of each other, but a couple of wooden deer book holders would be just what he needed to organize that mess of literature.

The final scrapes of ice cream were coming up quick. There was more spoon than dessert at this point which meant it was time to either re-up or get up. The Nara was fine with either. He had... enjoyed himself for the most part and wouldn't be opposed to a similar gathering in the future. Well, he had already agreed to something at Inoyami's so he supposed it was going to happen again. Not showing up was hardly an option as the medic would find his front door broken down with a raging blonde coming for blood. Best not to experience that.

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Jan 2, 2020 0:54:19 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto maintaining his silence after delivering the question, carefully trying to unravel what hid behind the stoicism of the Nara. Everything was to be accounted for, the movement of the hands, the glance towards Inoyami, the contraction of the muscles beneath the skin of the face and the look of his eyes. The answer came promptly, but assuredly so, a simple no that thanked him for the gesture. It took him a few moments to decode what he had truly been wanting to tell. He understood why. Although he enjoyed Inoyami's company he could imagine how she would react if he said yes to his suggestion. She was outgoing and extroverted to an almost infectious degree by those that shared similar characteristics, but for the more reserved nature of the Nara and that of Kazuto himself, it could be a bit too much.

"As you wish." He said as he put down one of the skewers for his dango, putting it on top of the plate before cleaning his palate with the green tea before giving a gentle and subtle nod towards the Nara as a meaning that he understood and he would begin carving the deer or how many he had desired. It would take him probably a good day of work, possibly after the mission he would soon depart to. He returned his gaze at both of his friends. Indeed it had been a nice lunch, a good moment to rekindle friendships from the academy days. Things had changed as time had passed after all.

This has been a good idea after all. He was glad he had allowed Inoyami to convince him. He had quiet enjoyed himself, even if he had made the mistake of mentioning venison to the Nara and had learned to venture the eddies that would be questioning Inoyami's abilities in singing. He would turn his head to the clock on the wall, looking at the hour with little concern, fifteen minutes past three, which meant that the meeting had already begun and the clan elders would be fuming about his absence already, which was right about the way he wanted them to be.

"Well, I quite enjoyed myself." He said as he looked at the waiter and signaled her to bring them the check. He wasn't sure if they would have wanted to take care of the check, he would take care of it by himself unless they insisting on paying their part. "If you want, I can take care of this, my treat for this wonderful lunch." He said and awaited for their answer.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Jan 7, 2020 14:17:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Happiest squirrel in the pack. Dray. Whatever it was. She'd have definitely been the most chipper. She'd always loved the little guys, their cute little faces, their bushy tails, their endearing paranoia about anything that moved in the sky... "Of course," she chimed in agreement.

Inoyami looked expectantly at her teammate when Kazuto proposed making him a deer, as well. Shikajin looked at her, and then to Kazuto, and then he...refused?? Why didn't he want one? It would be adorable, and probably really finely crafted since it was Kazuto's doing. She quirked a brow, clearly skeptical. Inoyami didn't speak the language of the "man nod" however so the nonverbal communication between the Nara and Senju went completely over her head. She took to looking out over the restaurant, observing a family that'd just walked in with an adorable little girl carrying a teddy bear and fussing that she wanted fish sticks.

Kazuto prompted the inevitable, that they had to leave and resume their days without one another. The lunch had been so wonderful, though, and Inoyami beamed a smile at his remark. "Same here!" But he wanted to pay for all of them? No no no! That wouldn't be right!

"I'll pay for my own," she insisted quickly. It was only fair, especially since she'd ordered something for her brother. She wouldn't expect someone else to pay for that. Shikajin was free to accept Kazuto's offer if he wanted, though she suspected he, too, would want to pay for his own.

Inoyami was nothing but smiles and energy when they were all finished paying and settled to leave, clutching at her to-go containers and absolutely radiating good cheer. "This was such a nice idea," she said happily, forgetting for a moment that it'd been hers. "I'll contact you two with details about meeting at my place." Oh, she couldn't wait to get that going, either!

HEX: #db9320 No notes!

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 17:53:19 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Jan 7, 2020 20:36:06 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The silent nod in return was more than enough to let Shikajin know that his subtle request had been received loud and clear, and it didn't seem like Inoyami was any the wiser. He'd have to run into Kazuto at some point to iron out the details of the carving but that could be done at a later date. It also seemed that the Yamanaka had finally accepted that her squirrel carving would be a gift and didn't feel the need to try and pay the Senju for his services, bittersweet considering the Nara had his mind nearly set on another bowl of ice cream. No matter, he had a whole carton with his name on it back at the compound.

With no further topics or food left to occupy their time it seemed the meal was coming to a rather quick end as Kazuto signaled the waitress to bring their bill. He offered to pay the entire tab but Inoyami --unable to help herself-- simply wouldn't allow it. Being able to eat ones fill and not having to even touch his wallet would be grand, and if the Nara truly wanted to he could have convinced his teammate to take care of his third of the bill. Inoyami was a sucker for helping people, especially friends, and surely would have obliged. However, Shikajin would save that tactic for another time.

"I can cover mine." He would reply while reaching for his wallet. They had eaten, and drank, quite well and an experience like that was rarely cheap, but the opportunity to rekindle friendships were priceless... almost. Their next meetup would be the dinner at Inoyami's, something they had agreed to during this meal which Shikajin wasn't dreading as much as before, though he hoped it wouldn't be for at least a little while as his social battery needed a hefty recharge. "Can't wait." Was it sarcasm? Was he sincere in his words? Maybe the world would never know!

Be It Ever So Humble - [Inoyami, Shikajin]Feb 8, 2020 5:05:12 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Sounds good." Kazuto added after hearing the blondes suggestion. In truth he couldn't even wait for them to get back together and have celebrate once more. Although if he was honest, if he could have a chance to speak with the elder brother of the Yamanaka, he would, he was interested in getting his insight about his former activities as a member of ANBU, or at the very least that is what the files he had read would tell him. They would begin to make their way out of the restaurant and once there, they would stand for a short time. "Hopefully it will be soon."

And he genuinely meant it, after all it was unexpected that the lunch had gone so well, specially when they were all individuals that had different personalities but would for some reason still maintain civil conversations and hopefully they would forge a long lasting friendship that would see them through all their lives until the end of their days. It was a good sentiment to have, he thought, and he sincerely hoped that was the case before he bowed at them and smiled at his friends. "Until we meet again, take care and don't get yourselves in trouble."

He told them and turned away, beginning to walk away as he made his way towards the Senju Clan compound, steeling himself for the inevitability of the elders of his clan, his uncle including, not pleased for having their clan leader to arrive late to the meeting. It wouldn't matter, they would always find a reason to be displeased at him. He could live with that, it was, after all much more important that the clan would forge stronger connections with their peers. "It has been a good day, after all." He admitted for himself until he was finally back at the compound as he would head towards the hall of elders and to be done with the meeting.

-tag-

@inoyami

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS