Kowasu Sōzō no Subete [To Break All Creation] (P)

compose a reply
Kowasu Sōzō no Subete [To Break All Creation] (P)Aug 25, 2019 3:31:59 GMT -5
Himishi Raisuke
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Raisuke Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Personal

A style developed in a harmonious union between the Tomokenzangan which excels at noticing even the most minor of details paired with the weighted rock techniques which affect the mass of an object. Through the extremely precise application of these techniques the user is capable of creating torque and other forces to cause various structures (including the human body) to surpass the maximum amount of stress they can endure and thus make them fail. Typically this failure is witnessed in the collapsing or breaking of non-living objects, but in humans it can still cause old wounds to violently reopen, fresh wounds to drastically worsen or bones to simply break. In order to make use of most these techniques the Tomokenzangan, Enhanced Chakra Control and taijutsu secondary or taijutsu SA are required.

NAME: Kowasu Kōzō [To Break Structures]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: N/a
HANDSEALS: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
Developed for use alongside the Blasting Corps. This technique calculates all the weight bearing points of a building or structure and dramatically increases the weight upon them while simultaneously weakening the actual support structures. Additionally it will find any superficial cracks or imperfections and apply torque through manipulation of the weight. The effect is a spectacular failing of the building or structure, often collapsing as if demolition charges had been placed perfectly within, but at the users discretion the building or structure could be made to collapse in such a way that it would fall a particular direction or manner as well.

NAME: Kowasu Buki [To Break Weapons]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
DESCRIPTION:
Developed to combat bukijutsu practicioners, this technique like most others in this series makes use of the TN's ability to pick up on minor details to locate imperfections, wear or other weak points in weapons and through use of proper pressure cause them to snap, bend or even shatter. While the most expertly crafted of weapons are resistant to these attacks, if enough of them land it could still potentially destroy the weapon. It should also be noted that when using this technique it is typically used with Kowasu Kōgeki.

NAME: Kowasu Kōgeki [To Break Attacks]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
Developed to help make up for any kind of physical disparity between the user and attacker. This technique is used in conjunction with the user either blocking or deflecting attacks (typically the later) and surging their chakra throughout the opponent's limb, weapon or whatever is physically attacking them to increase the weight at the very tip while decreasing the weight through out the rest of the target, making it extremely front heavy in the process.

Typically this will make the attack ineffective as the sudden shift will usually make the attack miss its mark and as an added benefit typically causes the attacker to lose their footing. For example if used against an opponent punching the attacker would suddenly find the very tip of their knuckles weighing hundreds of pounds while the rest of their body weighs little more than a feather, causing their fist to quickly plummet to the ground and in doing so pulling the rest of their body with it.

NAME: Kowasu Hassha-Tai [To Break Projectiles]
DESCRIPTION:
Made to nullify ranged physical attacks, the user either deflects, blocks or catches the projectile heading towards them and instantly lowers the weight of the projectile and as the potential energy (which equivilates to piercing potential) is equal to mass plus velocity, by drastically reducing the mass you also drastically reduce the damage potential. Typically this is reduced to the point where it is entirely ineffective and in some cases might allow for the attack to be redirected to some degree. For example if a large bolder was thrown and this technique used, the user could potentially catch the bolder and throw it in an arc back with the weight returning mid air to drop and crush anything below.

NAME: Kowasu Kokkaku [To Break Bones]
DESCRIPTION:
Made to be a devastating blow, meant to quickly cripple a target to reduce their combat effectiveness, this technique makes use of the TN's calculation abilities to direct a mixture of lowering and increasing weight to produce powerful enough torque or force to fracture, break or shatter bones within the human body. What might have been an average kick to the leg of an opponent might break their femur or a punch to the face causing fractures to the target's skull. Even something as benign as smacking away an opponent's punch could produce broken fingers or (meta)carpals being shattered which in turn would make rendering handsigns extremely difficult, if not impossible.

NAME: Kowasu Shōgai [To Break Injuries]
DESCRIPTION:
Made to capitalize on wounds an opponent has already suffered, this technique uses a mixture of decreased weight and increased weight to generate torque, specficially at the edges of an existing wound. In doing so a small gash from a kunai that would normally be a nonconcern could potentially be turned into a gaping wound as if the kunai had been driven home its full length. The major downside is that the wound must already be in place, but it makes for an easy avenue of finishing off wounded opponents while conserving one's own strength for further battle.

NAME: Kowasu Kizuato [To Break Scars]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
DESCRIPTION:
A much more intense version of To Break Injuries, this technique requires prolonged observation or a fair degree of familiarity with the target. After enough data has been collected to deduce previous injuries the user will strike the target, sending massive amount of chakra through their body; rapidly changing the weight on various areas to generate extreme torque throughout points weakened by long healed injuries. Bones mended years before break anew, cuts and scrapes healed rip open to release fresh blood and severe traumas such as stabs or blunt force rupture once more. Generally the more experienced an opponent is the more devastating this technique is due to the higher levels of trauma their body has had to suffer over the years. The technique in typically results in massive blood loss, internal bleeding, broken or shattered bones and in some cases the sudden wave of pain has been known to make targets unacustomed to dealing with it black out from the sheer overlord to the target's pain receptors.

NAME: Kowasu Chikei [To Break Terrain]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very High
DESCRIPTION:
A larger scale version of To Break Structures, this technique is capable of affecting large swaths of terrain, massive buildings or even multiple smaller ones. Typically this technique is used as an initial assult against large numbers of enemies or when laying siege to heavily fortified structures. Typically the chaos that ensues after its use changes the job of assault units to mopping up confused enemies rather than actually battling them.

NAME: Kowasu Ashiba [To Break Footing]
ELEMENT: Doton
TRIGGER: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
An addition to a simple leg sweep, the primary goal of the technique is to make recovering from the leg sweep much more difficult. While the user's own leg sweeps low to kick the opponent's legs out from under them, upon coming into contact with the opponent's legs the user will also channel their chakra to momentarily increase the weight of the opponent's upper body to quickly shift their center of gravity. This obviously makes it much more difficult to get back off the ground or even to attempt to recover from the fall in the first place.

NAME: Kowasu Haaku [To Break Grip]
DESCRIPTION:
A simple technique, meant to turn deflecting an opponent's weapon into a disarming maneuever. Essentially, when the user attempts to knock aside an opponent's weapon they will simultaneously channel a small amount of chakra into the weapon to quickly increase its weight. Generally even with strong opponents, this unexpected shift in the weapons weight will either cause it to slip from their grip or at the very least cause it to suddenly plunge downwards and generally end up with its point embedded into the ground. It should be noted that while similar to the To Break Attacks technique, the end goal is different. With the first being to cause larger openings or recovery times while this technique is meant to disarm the opponent.

NAME: Kowasu Ashioto [To Break Footsteps]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Medium Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
Developed for use against opponents who specialize in speed or evasion, the technique requires the user to get within range of their opponent and make some sort of physical connection with them. Whether this be landing a strike or allowing for the opponent to land a strike against them. Upon that connection being made, the user will course chakra into their opponent's body and greatly increase the weight of their opponent's feet on par with the standard Added-Weight Rock Technique. This typically impairs the opponent's ability to run or jump about severely. Making it much easier for the user to land subsequent attacks. The primary downside of this technique is that the user must remain within roughly thirty feet for the technique to stay in effect.

NAME: Kuwasu Kuji [To Break Handseals]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Medium Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
Developed for use against opponents who specialize in ninjutsu, genjutsu or fuuinjutsu; specifically those that require handseals. Upon making physical contact with an opponent or them making contact with the user, the user will surge their own chakra through the opponent and increase the weight of their opponent's hands with the Added-Weight Rock Technique. With them weighing much more than usual it make it incredibly difficult to dexetriously perform the precision motions of handseals making it much more difficult if not impossible for some individuals to do. This typically means hamstringing the user's opponent by denying them their go to methods of fighting. The downside however is that the user must stay in close proximity to ensure the technique continues. If the opponent gets further than thirty feet from them then the technique will end.

last edit by Himishi Raisuke on May 8, 2023 10:07:07 GMT -5
has written 1 posts
Kowasu Sōzō no Subete [To Break All Creation] (P)May 9, 2023 20:37:47 GMT -5
Toff E
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation

Hey Yori! Fancy seeing these here.

I gotta start with a heckin *woof* this feels like a thread necro even though its just truly being finished. Teasing of course.

I'll start with a general set of notes and move to the more specific ones after:

General Thoughts: This is... frankly a lot, and feels very misplaced for the time (ironic, but pun not intended). I can definitely see some of these work after some serious editorial work, but I need to start with the obvious - the lack of seals. Ninjutsu is almost unprecidented in the lack of handseals for techniques nowadays, and I don't think the range being touched based changes that idea at all. Many raiton jutsu are similar to this in terms of needing to be activated before use in melee range and use hand seals, and I don't really see a reason this would at all change for what is, well a personal jutsu set. I can see these needing fewer seals seeing as the weighted rock jutsu already require some (though I am not a reviewer on those), but for here I would ask they gain seals based on the following: C - 3 | B - 5 | A - 7 | S - 9

While that comes off as perhaps mean, with the express power in these jutsu I think them being seal-less is disturbingly easy to abuse, even if I trust your intentions to not have this as the case more explicitly.

The next thing I'd touch on are my own thoughts to these in overview, they on a glance don't seem insanely crazy - but they also innately feel to me as if they are things the gravity clan should be doing rather then a personal set of jutsu. That's not inherently a disqualifier, but the fact that they are very explicit in the fact that they are built to counter every sort of situation does strike me as a 'no-go' sort of a territory. In part because these have no way to counter or really properly break them if were earnest here. Weighing most people down will make it damn near impossible to run, that regard these almost feel like they should be fuinjutsu with how they function. Wanting to affect specific areas via direct contact or work to destroy objects, both things that fuinjutsu does. The function of all of these jutsu are also very direct and clear which makes that another box these check in the fuinjutsu realm to me.

Would love a counter on that, but for most of these I would much rather see them as breakable seals then anything (as that would also act as the direct way to add a drawback to all of these that allows for counter-play from my perspective).

Specifics:

Kowasu Kōzō [To Break Structures] - The technique off this list I like the most actually. The only thing I would note is that a medium is way to low for it to just be able to turn any building asunder. If were talking massive structures that would take some serious back bone on the weight end as most structures are designed to handle many many times its weight and if your just adding a few hundred pounds, especially metal structures, wont budge considering the technique wouldn't cause it to collapse inward (as having it act as such would be black hole like and generally is banned under space-time last I had checked). I would increase the cost to High or clarify that it can only collapse parts of buildings as the two conflict.

Kowasu Buki [To Break Weapons] - This... feels kind of like a rip off ninjutsu Iron Fist technique. This would work as a tajutsu technique, but frankly is highly unnecessitated by the fact that this technique exists in 15 different forms on site universally. Really though, this one shouldn't be ninjutsu at all. That's kind of a flat line on this. Change to Taijutsu or remove.

Kowasu Kōgeki [To Break Attacks] & Kowasu Hassha-Tai [To Break Projectiles] - I kind of have the same advice for these. Their specialization just doesn't fit at all to what they are. Kogeki sits as fuinjutsu VERY well while Hassha-Tai is exactly like the end of its name - mislabelled taijutsu. Nothing else to really say they... read fine? So far the pattern seems to follow as I'd mentioned, they either feel like unneeded out of spec repeats of things you can likely pick up and have weighted rock already apply to, or overly powerful for personals (which I accredit to them being made in 2019 btw).

Kowasu Kokkaku [To Break Bones] - Last one for this batch, as I'd like to spend time getting all of these correct and we also need to see how weighted rock turns out to truly completely grade these. This is nasty, but again falls to where I see Kosawu Buki. Should likely be taijutsu, but should be fine if they gain the proper handseals to activate it.
has written 96,183 posts
Kowasu Sōzō no Subete [To Break All Creation] (P)May 9, 2023 20:52:41 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Requested they be taken off notify, as suggested changes won't work with what I'm trying to go for; so I'm gonna have to try and figure out some other way to approach these.
has written 845 posts