compose a reply
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 13, 2019 20:14:21 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday October 16 rank B-Ranked occupation
❊ please don't go away ❊
The morning air was crisp and cool, leaves crunched under every step and twigs snapped quietly as she moved through. There was a hum on her lips and a map in her hand, the pages old and faded, deep wrinkles from where it had been folded here and there. Ink blotted the paper, black strikes over various locations--some countries were riddled in the dashes and Xs, others had less markings.
    It was now, that she traversed through the Country of Wood, her single violet eye tracing over and over again the relatively barren figure on her map.
    The girl pursed her lips and turned her head upward, straying her gaze from the map for a brief moment, her gaze landing on the canopy of leaves that loomed overhead. The paleness of the morning sky was visible in patches through the trees, and like all blooming of the new day, it brought upon a beautiful color.
    But she wasn't here to look at the sky!
    A strong gust of wind swept through the area, the trees bending in defiance of its shove, and Akatsuki stumbled a bit as she held her ground and tried to regain her balance. As she moved to grab the hood of her cloak with one hand, she immediately regretted it--feeling the torrent rip the paper from her hand!
    "NO!!!" The young woman shrieked in her native tongue, whipping her head upright as it shot out of reach--flying skyward and twirling in the current of the wind--as if mother nature was taunting her. Akatsuki immediately shot forward, her hands outstretched as she dashed after her map, not losing sight of it as she barreled through the forest.
    However, with her eye on the piece of paper, she was completely oblivious to the large stone that was fixed in front of her path.
    As soon as her foot connected with the rock, Akatsuki was sent tumbling--and it was quickly brought to her attention that she was moving downhill.
    Quickly.
    With just as much speed as she'd been chasing after her map, Akatsuki now found herself tumbling--rolling violently down the hill of the forest like a storm. Tumble, roll, spin--she was completely out of control! She didn't want to risk coming to a sudden stop and breaking her arms or legs, but every time she saved herself with another somersault, she only added further to her problem!
    "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

WORDS: XXX
TAGS: @tag
NOTES: N/A
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:40:17 GMT -5
Mika has written 372 posts
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 13, 2019 23:08:15 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
I… can't accept this… I WON'T ACCEPT ANY OF THIS!
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 12/20 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Team 3 Operations

I won't accept any of this

After he was done training for the night previous, Horonigai took in a deep breath off fresh air. About as fresh as the air in a cave can get. The Kyōbō adolescent kicked the firepit apart to tear down his makeshift camp. Satisfied with his work, he quick checked to make sure he had all off his things. Be a damn shame if he had to return here for a tool. Properly geared up, the boy went ahead back on a journey home. All he had to do was retrace his steps, back to the nearest village in Woods Country. He was on a simple task, talk to the DMZ villages, see if they'll join the country known as Tsuchi no Kuni, Rock Country. It was odd, sending a Chūnin to ask around, but it wasn't, given he acted as delegate back in the day. Colors inverted, the white jacket boy continued onward as he started to jog. The male came over a hill and saw the strangest looking female. If a white haired monk was normal, she would be it. She seemed lost, maybe she was a woman of the Woods villages... Or of the actual woods. He wanted to speak out to her, find out who she was; but, he held back and tried to continue on.

That is until the Kyōbō heard a tongue he hasn't heard another speak in a long while. While he only heard 'No', it was unmistakeable it was the language his branch had. Or rather, he had. It was a windy day, maybe it messed up her cloak. Horonigai stopped and watched the woman frantically reach for a sheet of paper lost to the wind. Horonigai sighed as he reached for a kunai. He aimed, trying to get the trajectory air-bourne paper the woman was so desperate of getting back. Horonigai threw the kunai, hopefully catching it and gravity makes it land reasonably close. The woman? She fell down, presumably hill as roughly after Horonigai threw the kunai. Still, she fell... in the woods... in Wood Country. The Kyōbō male sighed as it seemed his kin pulled an 'idiot tactic'. Horonigai tossed up a single hand seal and [Body Flicker]'d. Abruptly as the wind, he raced to his wailing relative, hoping to catch her in time.

Gotta go fast.

Hopefully, he would race in time to block and stop the woman's crazed tumble; if she had fallen off some mystery cliff, he was at least in time to grab her by the arm. In the Tsuchi branch's native language, "What kind of Traveler doesn't know how to travel?" He would sternly say to the woman. In both scenarios, Horonigai would be trying to help her up if she wanted the help. Annoyed at this woman's incompetence, a faint auric shell of a purple hue flickered
Stop it

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

JUTSUS USED:
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, and any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion.

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Flak Jacket (Continuous)
01 | Kunai
last edit by Kyōbō Horonigai on Nov 13, 2019 23:10:34 GMT -5
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 159 posts
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 14, 2019 6:29:39 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
Alas, she was stopped! By running into somebody else. What terrible luck she seemed to have--they both seemed to have--out of all the vastness of the forest, the poor soul just happened to be in her way and was collided with. Though, he had a firm stance and wasn't knocked over when Akatsuki tumbled into him. Maybe he hadn't been caught by surprise and had seen her coming after all! But if that was the case--why hadn't he moved out of the way??
    Unless he'd been trying to stop Akatsuki from continuing to tumble down the hill?
    How horribly kind of him~
    "Ah, thank you!" Akatsuki exclaimed, scrambling to her feet after she'd come to a stop. A bit dazed still from her mighty downfall, she stumbled a bit, wobbly, but seemed to regain her composition quickly enough. Once she stood, the young woman looked down at the shorter fellow after he'd spoken, and she paused for a moment before registering what he'd said.
    White hair, a violet eye... Plus, he was able to speak her native tongue.
    Akatsuki clapped her hands together, mouth agape as she was consumed by surprise--and excitement--and probably a little bit of dread, too. "Kyōbō??" she inquired, mirroring the language. How wonderful! And terrible!
    But, what was he doing out here, so far from the settlement? Maybe he was a runaway, too... It certainly didn't seem like he'd been hunting her down. He certainly didn't seem like the others in that way. Maybe things would be okay. Though, he did seem a bit frustrated and annoyed with her, making quite a rude statement.
    "Oh--I know how to travel, but for that I need my--" she gasped and turned her head, looking around for it. "Map!" There it was! Immediately, she ran over to it--the paper had been torn through by the kunai, but at least it was on the ground and not in the sky. Furrowing her brow and puffing her cheeks slightly as she knelt to examine it, Akatsuki plucked the paper from the ground and looked at the great big tear through the center of it. The boy had excellent aim.
    Nonetheless, Akatsuki took the kunai and returned to her feet, walking over to the young man and offering the kunai back to him. It wasn't as readable as it'd been before, but a ripped map was better than no map. "Thank you for your help," she said as she handed the blade back to him. "What are you doing out here, by the way?"

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:40:48 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 15, 2019 4:20:43 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

Horonigai watched as the woman supposedly his cousin finally come to a stop. The adolescent male rose as she did, making sure the taller woman wasn't a drunk in her balance. As she stood, Horonigai raised a slight grin, seeing that she was relatively unharmed. The fact she spoke Japanese assured the boy's momentary lapse this was a relative. That is until she further inspected him. A few key traits was all it took for her to realize that he was in fact a Kyōbō. Horonigai sighed, So, I save dear cousin, I become hunted; scenario two, after I due what I'm going to do, she'll kill me. Either way, might as well go down the hard way. The small male gave a strong head nod in answer to her question of his existence, force of the nod with the wind pushed the boy's white hair to reveal not a red iris like his kind, an entire red eye.

Just her expression annoyed him, a look of awe and the tie back to their shared language. She tried to make a comeback, at least explain she knew how to travel, only affirming that she was indeed his cousin. The male Kyōbō watched as his cousin was distracted like a squirrel for her map. Like a guide, he pointed out where she was looking to find her paper. As soon as she turned to it, the Kyōbō male's expression to that of pure annoyance. I already have to deal with apparent diplomats. Now, I am stuck with this Kyōbō who, bless her soul, seems straight off-the-rails? Horonigai still awaited for her return, his kunai, and apparently a question following words of gratitude. Horonigai nodded as she delivered thanks; upon retrieval of his kunai, she asked a question. The boy visibly froze before slowly proceeding his actions. Well, time to unveil the mystery.

Horonigai sighed before speaking in Japanese. "I... I left the settlement about two years ago. After a long story, I finally became a shinobi of Iwagakure, I don't think I've been happier sin-" The boy froze, the air seemingly died as the boy came to a realization. No attack and I never once seen her in the village... Damn it, can't I meet family without something coming up?[/i] The boy raised a single handseal with a single phrase under his breath, "Limit Breaker [Rimittoburēkā]." A sudden but weak chakra pulse seemed to make the wind return as a vibrant, violent auric shell extended into a brilliant gradient change to indigo. The Kyōbō male stared into his cousin's eyes as he resumed the shared native Kyōbō language; "There is no evidence for you to be outside the Kyōbō-Iwagakure traveler route nor have I ever seen you in Iwagakure. Family or not, I can't let you pose a threat." A sudden tone of dominance and authority in the boy's voice as he poured more chakra into the aura, letting it glow even more intense.
Nothing Personal, just a shinobi duty

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

JUTSUS USED:
NAME: Limit Breaker [Rimittoburēkā]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium + Low constant drain
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
REQUIREMENT(S): Kyōbō chakra pool
HANDSEALS: 1, Seal of Confrontation
DESCRIPTION:

A very basic but vital jutsu needed to use the weaponized chakra of the Kyōbō. This jutsu begins amassing the Kyōbō's natural chakra, releasing a singular aura of overwhelming power. Similar to Fōkasu [Focus] can not block, rather, disrupt attacks of low strength attacks of low velocity by offering a mild singular pulse of energy upon execution. It does not stop the actual force of the impact, if anything, this jutsu grants a breather of space. The strength behind this release of chakra loosens any grip at one time for a total length of 6 inches from the user, unless the gripping jutsu is as strong or even stronger in power. Following the aesthetic theme, this purple/indigo aura extends an outward reach of a meter to the user and coats them up to only slightly above their head with the radiating chakra This aura doesn't add in the push back but appears as such.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 15, 2019 4:48:11 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
Akatsuki watched as the boy retrieved his kunai from her grasp, though he seemed to freeze slightly in place after she spoke to him. She was unsure why her question had caught him off guard. Was it possible that he was a runaway, too? Was that why his body suddenly tensed, as if caught red-handed?
    As he spoke, it would seem so. The young man had left the settlement two years ago, according to his words. But, that's about where their similarities ended. He had become a shinobi of the nearby shinobi village, and, apparently, it had brought him great joy. He seemed just about to reconcile with fond memories, before he suddenly snapped out of the thought. Raising a hand, he performed a hand seal and immediately was consumed by an aura of violet chakra, and Akatsuki immediately stepped back.
    Suddenly, he seemed to take on the role of a judge, speaking to her as if she were a criminal. Which, technically, she was.
    Akatsuki knew she was.
    But he didn't really have any right, as far as Akatsuki knew. He was doing the same thing, wasn't he? Besides, wrong or not, Akatsuki had to leave the village. She had no other choice. It wasn't as if she were some terrible sinner, if the council and other members of their society could only understand, perhaps she wouldn't have fled, but--it was exact moments like these that the young woman was reminded why she had to stay on her toes. Why she was on her quest to begin with.
    But he was wrong.
    So, so wrong in what he said.
    "No, I'm not a threat," Akatsuki said earnestly as she took a few more steps back, her hands raised slightly as if to show surrender. "I'm on a quest. That's it--I don't mean anyone any harm at all." Maybe he would listen? Akatsuki didn't get in an offensive stance, and she didn't lay a hand on her weapon. "In fact--I will prove I don't want to hurt you!"
    She turned, and ran the other direction.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:38:12 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 15, 2019 19:43:44 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

It was a horrible taste in his mouth. Having to do this on the unsuspecting felt like a dick move, but this was his duty, To capture or take out possible threats to Iwagakure. His familial side wanted to just let his cousin go. He wanted to leave her alone but his new pride got the better of him. Loyalty for Iwagakure exceeded his familial ties. He watched as she went on frantic surprise dealing with his sudden shift from pacifist to a judge and jury. In a frantic plea to state she was not a criminal, she just took off running. Okay, not what I expected. Hell, usually people fight as he was under estimated by his height. But... she ran, now I know how that shark felt. This is sad. Horonigai sighed as he tried to chase his faster cousin. Really?

Kyōbō Horonigai sighed as he started running after the taller woman. He realized pretty early on that she was so much faster than him. She practically left him in the dust but the Kyōbō had an extra flair in his pocket. He raised the same handseal as before and as before, he vanished like a wisp of wind. A few short seconds past before he reappeared beside his cousin. The man simply snapped his arm in front of her before stopping abruptly; hoping like a branch, she'd hit it a knock herself down.

In the event it didn't work, the Kyōbō male was more than ready to use the jutsu once more to come up in front of the woman and drop kick her. Whichever worked if they did.
Conflicted

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

JUTSUS USED:
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique] 2/4
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, and any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion.

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Kyōbō Horonigai on Nov 15, 2019 19:45:14 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 16, 2019 2:33:07 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
She was quite a bit taller than him. That was an advantage, for sure. Although Akatsuki didn't usually appreciate her above-average height, it was moments like these that she appreciated her differences. She was able to get some distance away from him, though it seemed her slight victory was short-lived as suddenly, without warning, the boy appeared by her side and jutted out an arm to stop her.
    Akatsuki squeaked in surprise as she ran into him, but as she started to skid to the ground--she wrapped her own arms around his and pulled him down with her! Using her surprising strength, the young woman would flip the boy onto his back and, already having one of his arms hostage, would move to pin him down on the grass. Even despite his blazing aura, she seemed relatively unfazed by the burning sensation that occurred when she made contact with him.
    "I'm not your enemy! Stay your hand--I have no interests in fighting you," the girl exclaimed. She'd continue to wrestle him if she needed to, but she wasn't going to go down without a fight, and she wasn't going to fight this boy.
    If he were an older shinobi, maybe. Perhaps if he seemed like a more serious threat to her she'd have drawn her sword and fought for her life. If he had specifically been hunting her down for the sole intent of exterminating her, then without doubt she would have given her all.
    But he was a child.
    And she quite doubted he'd crossed her path with the intent of killing her right away. It didn't make sense otherwise why he'd assist her first. If he truly wanted to kill her, why not have made an attempt on her life right from the start? Akatsuki understood that he was trying to take her down, now, but she didn't genuinely believe he was a tracking shinobi.
    He was just a patriotic Kyōbō, who, like so many others, was quick to jump into a raged frenzy at the drop of a hat. The slightest perceived offence or threat was enough to tip them over.
    Akatsuki understood. She used to be that way, too.
    She still struggled with it even now.
    But this boy was not her enemy. Not genuinely. And she was not his enemy. At least, she didn't want to be.

Great Strength
Although she already was a strongly-built child due to her training from a young age, Akatsuki was gifted with exceptional strength from her deity once she devoted her life to him. Akatsuki is able to deal greater damage than what would be considered normal by any means. Although this adds more punch to her techniques and offers her the ability to lift more weight without assistance, she can also inflict far more damage with her strikes even if they aren't in the form of jutsu. Her body's muscles are more compacted than usual, offering her superior and surprising strength that would be considered surprising and unusual for her apparent physique.

Enduring Durability
A second gift blessed to her by her god, Akatsuki is able to withstand a tremendous amount of damage and pain. With ridiculous durability, she seems to be able to keep standing even when struck down countless times by destructive force. Not only does this mean she can take more hits than what would be considered possible for someone of her physique, but she has more tolerance to pain itself as well. This unique ability especially comes in handy when utilizing her religious miasma, which would otherwise cause serious harm to her body if she didn't have such a strong resilience to destruction.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:41:37 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 16, 2019 18:30:52 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

It seemed to go okay, but it still wasn't okay. His close line arm was enough to knock the female over, he felt bad, a simple technique, if it can be called that to forcibly stop a runner. However, she wasn't going down, not without the ability to retaliate in which case, she gripped his arm and brought him down to the ground. Her grip was surprisingly strong and the Kyōbō was brought down to follow the girl, it was a brisk moment before he was pinned, unable to break free with out rage inducing struggling. His head abruptly crashed to the ground, not of wounds, nor rage, but frustration. "I have to oblige my shinobi duty, yet you are stronger than me and I am miles from a source of help. I'm not saying I won't do this again," Horonigai chose his words carefully. One false word and this won't be pretty. In the Kyōbō tongue, "Like me, you had a reason... You had a reason to leave the Kyōbō settlement, maybe you had a reason to not seek out the village. I, for one, hate what I'm going to say. As my family, I will let you go this once. Officially, I will say you were able to out run me and you were more than strong enough to break most my attacks. While I did injure you, it didn't slow you down, moreso that you were fighting defensively. Unofficial, I need to speak to the villages to expand Iwagakure. To me, you are an optional objective. I don't care whether you are a true criminal or just a runner, to me, you're lost. And you deserve to find a path first, before I try tacking you down."

Horonigai said, not quite finished but he got a message across. Hopefully she understands it. He really didn't feel like dealing with his family, 'traitor' or not. Nor to him did it matter. While she was still by definition a criminal even if as she said she meant no harm. Many bloodthirsty criminals meant no harm mid-travel. Even if she really meant it, he had no doubt. "Dislocate my arm though and that chance is gone. You know how we can get. This isn't even on my scale. Let Go!" Horonigai almost demanded, the aura dying down in intensity but the purple glow remained skin tight on him. Regardless, his offer stood. He didn't mind if she traveled a bit with him, but he expected her o leave him alone, maybe convince him to convince Takara he was unfit to fight the Kyōbō nuke, on account of family bias. He didn't think it'd fly but if sh could convince him on his way, he would at least try. If she ran, he would hope the female remembered his words. That he wasn't going to let her off lightly despite barely trying to begin with.
Choose your destiny

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Kyōbō Horonigai on Nov 16, 2019 18:33:38 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 16, 2019 19:08:40 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
He... didn't want to do this, either? Akatsuki looked at the boy pinned beneath her, and though she didn't immediately retaliate to his words, she tried to understand them. It wasn't that he necessarily wanted to fight her, it seemed, but rather that he had an obligation to. Akatsuki understood. When she'd left the Kyōbō settlement in Tsuchi no Kuni, she knew what she was signing up for. She understood that doing so would mean imprisonment or death. It was just the way of their culture.
    But this boy didn't want to have to kill a family member, even if he was supposed to.
    She could understand the struggle.
    When tracker ninja from the Kyōbō settlement went after her, Akatsuki didn't want to fight them. She didn't want to hurt anybody, and even though she felt no attachment to her clan, she still didn't want to spill their blood. But, when they came for your head, sometimes there was nothing you could do. Sometimes it was a matter of life and death, and if you wanted to prolong your life, you had to take somebody else's.
    It was a horrible conflict.
    So Akatsuki understood. This was not a quarrel of heated passion, but of duty and moral obligation. It wasn't anything personal. Just rules.
    "I have nothing to do with Iwagakure," Akatsuki said simply. His aura of chakra died down, but it didn't dissipate. The young woman ignored the burning in her hands. She'd had worse. "I abandoned the Kyōbō settlement, not Iwagakure. I've never harmed a shinobi." Unless it was out of self-defense. Which was different. But she didn't go around picking fights. "The Kyōbō settlement wants me brought back--dead or alive. And I understand that. If they send out forces to capture me, so be it."
    She was as prepared as she would get. She knew it was just a matter of time before she had to face them. And the never-ceasing edge that hung over her was a constant reminder that she was never safe no matter where she went--she could have been found by the Kyōbō forces at any time, and executed on the spot.
    "You misunderstand, kin. I'm not an enemy to Iwagakure. It's the Kyōbō who want me dead, it's the settlement who wants me hunted, not your shinobi village. I've caused them no offence. But I'm not lost." She wasn't going to get into an exisential debate with the boy, but she knew better than him. If anything, it seemed he was the lost one. Still brainwashed by patriotism and loyalty to the Kyōbō way, still a slave to his emotions and the darkness within. "I am on a quest, and if anyone tries to stop me, I will take the necessary measures to ensure they're stopped."
    A threat.
    As a fellow Kyōbō, he should surely understand that she was quite serious with her words.
    She wasn't denying that she'd abandoned the settlement. She had. And although she knew the dangers, knew that she could be killed for it, she held no regrets. "You can tell your village whatever you want. You don't have to tell them anything. I have no fight with you. If you leave unscathed nobody would even think you'd crossed my path." She didn't release her grip on him, still. She wasn't sure if he was stable yet--he was on the cusp of bursting. Just like she'd given her threat, he'd given his own. He couldn't be trusted. But, still, she made no move to harm him. She didn't dislocate his arm, didn't break it, or anything. She just kept him there, pinned, for the time being. Sitting atop the boy to keep him weighted to the ground, her arms immobilizing his. That's all she was doing for now. No pain, no harm, just immobilization.
    "I have no intentions to harm you. But if you threaten me, I won't let you get up," she explained.

Great Strength
Although she already was a strongly-built child due to her training from a young age, Akatsuki was gifted with exceptional strength from her deity once she devoted her life to him. Akatsuki is able to deal greater damage than what would be considered normal by any means. Although this adds more punch to her techniques and offers her the ability to lift more weight without assistance, she can also inflict far more damage with her strikes even if they aren't in the form of jutsu. Her body's muscles are more compacted than usual, offering her superior and surprising strength that would be considered surprising and unusual for her apparent physique.

Enduring Durability
A second gift blessed to her by her god, Akatsuki is able to withstand a tremendous amount of damage and pain. With ridiculous durability, she seems to be able to keep standing even when struck down countless times by destructive force. Not only does this mean she can take more hits than what would be considered possible for someone of her physique, but she has more tolerance to pain itself as well. This unique ability especially comes in handy when utilizing her religious miasma, which would otherwise cause serious harm to her body if she didn't have such a strong resilience to destruction.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:42:23 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 17, 2019 22:41:17 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

As the boy spoke, she heard him out. He spoke a lengthy tale and in the moment She explained she abandoned the Kyōbō settlement, not Iwagakure. Horonigai thought about this, it made sense. She went on she would never hurt a shinobi of Iwagakure, that she wouldn't hurt the Kyōbō sent after her life. This struck Horonigai as odd; she was marked a traitor and a kill-on-sight by their clan, he was regarded similarly. You'd think she would but she seems like him. A curse in someways. Horonigai bared through how he misunderstood; how she did not harm but instead, she was on a quest. Horonigai didn't understand what she meant. She was on a quest, the most vague words of 1019. Everyone clap. Horonigai sarcastically thought as he tried to look up at her. She then said how she would secure it by any means necessary.

A threat, indirect as it maybe, Horonigai retorted his own. Detailing how injuring his arm by dislocation was a very bad idea. She would then give her last warning. While holding him down, she sat a top him and Horonigai groaned. As his head lowered to rest on the ground, the aura died completely. He just laid there for a few moments before he perked up "Kyōbō-san, what do you mean by quest?" Horonigai asked in full curiosity.
Tag Notes Here Kyōbō

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Phantasm on Apr 23, 2024 1:57:57 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 18, 2019 0:26:29 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
Akatsuki watched as the boy retracted his aura. The burning purple light receding back into his skin, and Akatsuki silently thanked him for it. To her, it was a sign of submission. Even if he was still hostile, he at least wasn't showing it. Slowly, Akatsuki loosened her grip on the boy. She still remained over him, and still held onto his form, but with less force than before. Not letting go, but with less of an iron grip than before. For all she knew, he might still try to attack, but so long as it seemed he was calming himself, she would lessen her hold.
    He asked a simple question.
    What was her quest?
    Although Akatsuki usually had no problem telling anyone--everyone--what she was doing, this was different. He was a Kyōbō. Anything she told him could be spread like wildfire throughout the community.
    And she knew what she sought wasn't bad. It wasn't a bad thing at all. She just wanted to find her brother, who had been taken from her.
    It was a noble quest in the eyes of many. But she knew in the eyes of their settlement, it made no difference why she left--the fact was, that she had left. She was a threat to the security of the village. She'd abandoned the village, and nobody knew why. For all they knew, she wanted to land an attack on the settlement, or sell out all of their precious secrets to the public. Maybe she'd tell enemy nations the location of their secret village. There was no way to know--and because of that, she was to be treated as a high threat.
    And if she told them she was looking for her brother, her brother would be held in the same regard.
    With hope, maybe, just maybe they'd forgotten about Yami. Maybe they had already written him off as dead and accepted that.
    But even if they didn't--that just meant they were looking for him, too, just like they were looking for Akatsuki. If she did find Yami, she had no intention to go back to the settlement. Maybe he wouldn't, either. And so even if she did complete her noble quest, it would end the same. Imprisonment, or death. Even if they went back willingly to the village, it didn't erase the fact that they'd broken the number one law. Even if they willingly returned to the village after she reunited with her brother, they would still spend the rest of their lives in prison.
    She didn't want that.
    So, no matter what she did, the outcome was the same. It didn't matter why she left, she'd done so illegally. It didn't matter if she came back or not, she'd still committed a crime in the Kyōbō community. Nothing would change that. She knew her situation.
    "I mean that there's something I have to do. I didn't leave because I hated the village, or because I wanted revenge," Akatsuki stated simply, explaining. She released his arms, though remained pinning him by straddling his waist. "I'm trying to find something that was taken from me by a criminal. Something very important to me. That's my quest. And I'll stop at nothing until I get it back. Even if I have to face every tracking shinobi the Kyōbō clan has to offer, I'll gladly do so before I give up."

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:42:52 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 18, 2019 21:37:54 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

After Horonigai asked his question, the female made a very brief pause. In doing so, she loosened her grip but he was still pinned to the ground. He didn't know know what the the Kyōbō female was thinking. The silence that followed was unnerving, anything could happen but Horonigai wasn't in a place to defend himself. He just laid there to listen to both the silence and both the silence of the earth and the sound of nature in the other ear. He practically forgot how calm nature was, he left only on missions in Iwagakure. Both this journey and the meeting of his kin had been eye revealing at a spiritual level. He felt more "in" control of his anger, not a lot; just enough to keep himself in check. He caught himself wondering if this is why the woman stood against her rage. All Horonigai could do was wait. Wait for an answer, wait for a chance to resume his initial activity.

Soon, she would finally give an answer, one that he listened to. He was musing over the possible thing that would place her in this spot if it wasn't either of the aforementioned goals. While Horonigai was thinking, she continued on of the importance of whatever it may be. In her tone, this search of importance resembled what he went through right up until a month ago. Horonigai, in a sense, felt what she was feeling. But he found something else to come to peace. Many just don't. In between her words, Horonigai found that his arms were free from bonds; however, compared to how the woman remained on top of him. Horonigai turned his upper body more effectively, enough for her to see his face.

"I can't really condone what I'm about to say but I'll say it. As you know, the settlement has a traveler, so the clan members have jutsus, less refined, just as powerful. Maybe even more. How do you plan to fight them off?" Horonigai questioned. Hesitance growing in his voice. "What will you do... if you don't find it? You can't just give up. I'm glad I didn't."
Tag Notes Here Kyōbō

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 19, 2019 4:56:47 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
Akatsuki watched as the boy readjusted himself, sitting upright somewhat to better face her. He crafted a question and proposed it to her, and Akatsuki wasn't all that impressed with the inquiry. It was something she was well acquainted with, and a reality she had been facing for years now. This wasn't some new gig, and she hadn't only just begun her journey. She knew the trials and tribulations, she'd faced every complication, and she was acquainted with the vigors and dangers of being a nukenin, not to mention living in the wild.
    But, of course he would be curious, and what he said held validity to it. Certainly, it was a genuine, real concern.
    Just, not a new one.
    "I will fight with my blade, just like I always have," Akatsuki said quietly, locking her gaze onto his. "I am a Kyōbō. I have used the clan powers once, before. I've seen what it can do, I know its strengths and its weaknesses. I'm well aware of their lethal potential, but like with any adversary, there are ways to combat it. The Kyōbō are strong, but so am I." She paused, allowing her words to sink in before she continued with the same seriousness. "I am unrelenting, and a force to be reckoned with. I do not give up, and I will not give up. I will complete my quest. Only death will stop me from finding what I seek. Nothing short of that could stop me. I have sought it for six years now and I will search for an eternity more if that's what needs to be done."
    Exhaling, Akatsuki would slowly move and get off of the boy. He seemed much more stable, now. Standing beside him, the woman would offer him a hand to pull him up to his own two feet, if he obliged. If he wanted to continue to sit there in the grass, though, she would have no qualms against it and simply would retract her hand.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:44:00 GMT -5
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 19, 2019 23:38:01 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull

Horonigai listened intently for his cousin's answers. Well, as intently as his body is currently allowed. It looked like she didn't seem to favor the inquiry. A few seconds had passed before Horonigai got his answers. In a spectacular fashion, no less! In her first answer. She made sure he was paying attention. If it wasn't enough, her next spiel riled a sense of nobility in the boy. He smiled upon hearing her state aloud she knew how to fight her enemy. Her pause exhilarated the boy as his cousin's drive burned into Horonigai's head. Her final statement brought the biggest smile to Horonigai as the chakra from the Kyōbō Kekkei Genkai created illuminated tears that flickered from Horonigai's red eye.

The young adolescent turned around when his cousin got off him, cracking his spine from the odd angle he held. Once he was ready, he grabbed the female Kyōbō's hand and took the assist to his feet. Through a smile, "I hope you accomplish your journey, and I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure you have a friend in Iwagakure! I'll try to figure out how to help you if you ever call for it! We're family, we shouldn't have to kill each other. I will feel terrible if they order me to harm you... I... I don't want to. But I signed up for this, for Iwa... I hope they never order me to, and never notice I'm trying to help you. I am honestly worried when the settlement will target me. But, I'm more worried who they would hurt to get to me. I.. I hate.. absolutely hate the idea they'll leverage those close just to get me. If they do, I'll follow your way. And you inspired me cuz'!" After the long winded explanation, the boy shifted languages. "I am Kyōbō Horonigai... Former traveler... Iwa shinobi.... and ally to you!"
He changed a note quick

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Pain Tolerance

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 20, 2019 6:31:25 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ please don't go away ❊
She... would have a friend in Iwagakure? The young woman watched as the boy's entire demeanor seemed to shift attitudes, and he seemed so eager to help. It was... a childish sort of offer. Innocent, naive, and pure. Akatsuki smiled softly at him. "I appreciate the offer, but I can handle this on my own." The offer of help was a kind gesture, but unnecessary. It was sweet of him, but... there was nothing he could do.
    Akatsuki ruffled his hair a little. "You're sweet, though."
    The boy continued to ramble on a bit, expressing his fears and worries, and they were... particularly valid. It was always a terrifying thought, having those you loved jeopardized for your sake. Targeted, just so that they could hurt you instead. It wasn't a fear Akatsuki personally faced, as the one person she loved more than anyone else was... well, the person she was seeking out.
    But she understood the fear.
    "You are... Iwagakure shinobi, yes? So--that means you are the traveler who goes between the two villages, no?" She cocked her head to the side. "Why would the Kyōbō do anything to hurt you, when you are the figure tying the two nations together?" That, to her, didn't make sense... Unless... Had he, also, done something wrong in the eyes of their society? Curioser and curioser.

XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:44:26 GMT -5