Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)

compose a reply
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Nov 21, 2019 20:09:58 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
I… can't accept this… I WON'T ACCEPT ANY OF THIS!
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 12/20 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Team 3 Operations

I won't accept any of this

Horonigai was more than happy to hear her decline. Less trouble he could get into but still, it was polite to help his family in times of need. At least, polite when he wanted to. The woman ruffled his hair, he didn't enjoy it as it revealed his red eye prominently however he laughed at being tickled. It didn't last long though as he had to continue explaining his thoughts and fears. The Kyōbō male delved deeper into himself with the stranger revealed to be family. It felt natural telling the whole story to someone, and she seemed to understand it. It didn't take long for her to question about his current status but when she did, Horonigai practically froze. His smile quickly flattening as his violet eye darted side to side. Time seemed to slow as the woman continued into her question. An answer slowly came to Horonigai as he looked at the woman, hoping to portray an honest demeanor so his words had the authentic, intended meaning.

"Well... yes, I am a Kyōbō by blood and I am an Iwagakure shinobi. I was the Traveler but I renounced it. As the link, I delivered the clan info in exchange, I gave the village resources, be it me or through an agreed clan resource. The clan decided it was necessary for me to join a Genin team to keep ties. Trying to maintain secrecy, face, and ties are hard to place on a child. I fell for one of my teammates in secrecy during our time together. Still torn between two worlds, we were nominated for the Chūnin Exams. This is the time, I watched heer die in front of me and I lost myself. The clan gave me time to grieve before they threw me back in to be the link. I understood why, and for that, I did what I felt was right. Acting on a whim I renounced my Kyōbō appointment and home, the clan. But I announced my permanent residence to Iwagakure. They could and by all rights should have killed me. They did not. They few warriors there at the time did chase me but failed when I arrived to Iwa. Fast forward two years and here we are." Horonigai finished; worried of his cousins response.

"That is why I'm quick to anger. I lost my reason for living once, I will not, can not lose it. I failed protecting one, I will not lose the new hope!" The boy added, a sense of fear overwhelmed by anger resonated the tone of the boy. However, only silence followed, showing he wasn't totally at the whim of the moment.
  His truth

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Flak Jacket (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 159 posts
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Dec 3, 2019 7:30:30 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday October 16 rank B-Ranked occupation
❊ please don't go away ❊
Akatsuki watched and listened as the boy explained himself and relayed his story onto her. He had a burden placed on his shoulders--the weight of an entire alliance residing with his actions alone. It was quite the responsibility, and Akatsuki didn't blame him for not wanting to be a part of it. She wouldn't have wanted to fulfill such a political role, either.
    But that wasn't the end of it.
    Love, loss, all the hardships of one's life. It was tragic, and Akatsuki's heart broke for the boy. She couldn't imagine what it was like to lose one dear to you--at least, she tried not to think of the possibility of it. I don't think I could continue living if my brother weren't in my life, she thought to herself. Horonigai was... strong. Quite strong, to keep going even despite his loss.
    Maybe to some, he was seen as young, impulsive, a brat, or whatever else. Akatsuki could understand that. But she could recognize the depth behind the boy's nature.
    "I'm so sorry..." Akatsuki spoke gingerly. "Though... Why would the Kyōbō want to kill you? After all, if you are the link between the settlements, would it not be perfectly fit for you to reside within Iwagakure's walls? Would that not be a sign of trust--to have a member of their own clan reside in the shinobi village, as a sign of good will and faith in the alliance? Would entrusting one of their own kin entirely to the shinobi village not be a display of ensuring positive relations?" She shrugged. Akatsuki didn't fully understand what the great problem was, but, perhaps if Horonigai hadn't communicated that with them first, for him to just up and disappear... Maybe it was just a big misunderstanding.
    Or maybe not.
    Akatsuki didn't know.
    She shrugged nonetheless, then gave the boy a thumb's up. "Yes! That's the attitude! Don't ever lose hope, and never lose sight of what's important to you! If you hold onto those dear to you, they will be your strength and your guiding light, and you theirs! Fight! Wield! And be resilient, and you will become strong enough to protect all those dear to you! I have faith in that!" She gave a firm, curt nod.

WORDS: XXX
TAGS: @tag
NOTES: N/A
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:44:56 GMT -5
Mika has written 372 posts
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Dec 10, 2019 19:20:19 GMT -5
Kyōbō Horonigai
I… can't accept this… I WON'T ACCEPT ANY OF THIS!
Kyōbō Horonigai Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 12/20 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Team 3 Operations

I won't accept any of this

As he detailed his past, the boy watched the woman's reaction, not for malicious intent but for understanding. All he truly wanted from her was understanding. As Horonigai went on and on about his past, he noticed the slight body language from the woman, revealing from truly understanding. His eyes did gloss over when he mentioned Mako's fate, two, almost three years and the wounds were still tender. He no longer cried at night missing her, but, like a mouth to a flame, he found himself dealing with a new Himishi. He didn't mind but he did care just as deeply, maybe... that's what stopped the tears. Maybe the storm was ending. After a fine moment of letting it all settle in, the white haired woman started to speak.

First came the sympathy, Horonigai smiled knowing someone heard him out. Next came the questions. Horonigai didn't know how to best answer the woman's question at first. He simply heard her out and mused over a suitable answer. She made great points, ones that made him truly think, deeper than before. He furrowed his brow slightly as he raised a hand to touch his chin. Time felt like eons had passed while the two existed outside. As if the whole world no longer mattered. Then came the next statement. Her cheering about the Kyōbō's determination and goals, he gave a cheerful smile and nodded, agreeing with her claims. Horonigai postured up as he attempted to give a response.

"Thank you for your kind words, Kyōbō-san. I will keep all of that in mind, I won't fail. They mean the world to me... as for your first question. I don't really know, and I hope I never find out. I built a new life, and I intend to keep it; I never want to see someone hurt because of me, not those who don't deserve it anyway. I'm just scared..." Horonigai looked away, taking a breath while seemingly praying to his fist. He returned a warmer gaze to the woman, holding out a hand. "I'd love to see you again when I'm not busy, I hope you find what you're looking for! I don't wantt to keep you busy, you're probably searching. Ask me to stay and I will. But regardless, thank you!"

Notes Here Kyōbō

SPECIAL ABILITIES USED:
Weaponized Chakra

Horonigai's clan, Kyōbō, grants all members a unique ability with chakra. It not only gives the aesthetic of violet chakra but said chakra can be weaponized. Meaning weapons can be formed by this, attacks/jutsus can be enhanced, or the chakra auras created literally bend to attack an opponent. This unique trait is enhanced dependently with anger and can be controlled if the Kyōbō's actions can control their emotions, this is not Horonigai's case. During steady inclinations of anger or a sense/motive for bloodlust can Horonigai access this ability. The more anger he has, the stronger his attacks are. Horonigai is more attuned to much more forceful attacks by great outbursts of anger. These attributes, in essence, makes him a true berserker. He is trying to learn how to better control his emotions and use the precision attributes of his KKG; however, his body is hard tuned to the explosive rage effects of his KKG.

Large Kyōbō Chakra Pool

Along with weaponized chakra as part of his clan KKG, Hirongai's body is naturally attuned to having a large chakra pool that enables him to utilize more Ninjutsu based attacks. This significantly larger pool comes at a hefty price. While Horonigai is quite capable of having good control, he is in no way refined, having slight leakage after casting jutsu, like not turning a faucet completely off, drops of water leaking. This is what happens with his chakra. In no way is it as large as a jinchuuriki, the pool is significantly larger than shinobi at his current skill level.

Pain Tolerance

Being fueled by anger is one thing, an increased tolerance that heightens with emotion is just terrible. While 'efficient' in combat to not feel certain levels of pain. When enrage by his Kyōbō bloodline emotions, Horonigai fights not as much shrugging pain off but choosing to ignore it. This means certain levels of pain can get through depending on his. When fully enraged, Horonigai can tolerate moderate to severe pain. In mild to moderate anger, the Kyobo can tolerate slight to moderate pain. When Horonigai is docile or only slightly anger, he can only tolerate slight pain without issue.

JUTSUS USED:
N/A

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Flak Jacket (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 159 posts
Birds of a Feather (Horonigai)Jan 29, 2020 9:01:48 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday October 16 rank B-Ranked occupation
❊ please don't go away ❊
Akatsuki smiled as her cousin offered a hand to her, thanking her for her words. She was glad that she was able to instill some faith and courage in the heart of her cousin, and she took his hand and gave it a slight shake. That's what she was supposed to do, right? It didn't matter...
    However, she then retreated her hand and looked at him a bit more calmly as he continued, expressing how he would love to see her again in the future if it were possible. She didn't think it really was a possibility. Akatsuki was always on the move, and she tried not to stick around in one place for too long. "Well," she began, a pensive expression sweeping over her features. "I probably should continue on my way once again. And I'm sure you were doing something else before you crossed my path, too, and I'd hate to keep you from it. I don't know if we'll ever meet again--but perhaps chance would allow it." She shrugged. Akatsuki didn't like to make plans to meet up with people, she liked to move with the wind and take whatever was given to her.
    If the opportunity arose that she should cross his path again, perhaps they would meet again.
    But, until then, it seemed that would be left up to fate to decide.
    Still, Akatsuki offered another smile and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, it was good to meet you. Thank you again for stopping my map from flying too far away. I wish you well on your own journey, but I think I'll be heading off now." The young woman turned slightly on her toes and gave a lazy wave over her shoulder to her cousin. "Farewell until next time, Horonigai-san!"

WORDS: XXX
TAGS: @tag
NOTES: N/A
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
last edit by Akatsuki on Nov 20, 2022 23:45:23 GMT -5
Mika has written 372 posts