Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]

compose a reply
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Dec 30, 2019 15:18:46 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion

In a hospital , you grow used to ignorance reigning over the mind of the eager.

It can be from simply overstressing themselves mentally for an exam, to breaking their fingers after smacking them against a tree for 10 hours strike in hope to perfect a punch. Understandable for some, especially since Miho herself had been that eager at one point, as a medic, she was required to see things the way they were. Such as reckless and foolish and even misguided.

Shinobi were needed, yes..but not if they were willing to break themselves before even so much as giving themselves a chance to properly heal.

Such was the case with one patient, a veteran who was truly a man out of time. His age was getting to him and he was starting to slow down. His training routine was something for a man younger than he was, but he was a creature of habit. So, Miho attempted to adapt to it, tell him to slow down. But with each return visit, she saw the wear it was placing on his body. He was nearly his 70s. Around that time, most ninja were starting to feel age creeping upon them much like death. There were few exceptions, but medically, the body could only take so much stress and tension.

"Jinuko...I'm sorry...but this is clearly a blood clot right near your left eye..if you continue at the rate you are going, you will no longer be able to see...but less perform to the capability that we need you to.."

"Then do a transplant! I ain't finished yet...."

Wrapping her hand against the chart in her hand, the short haired brunette would frown as she walked over to the silver haired male. He had fought in wars, survived years of service in protecting the village. He had trained a number of them, and was still performing missions as a capable Militia man. But he wasn't as young as he had been.

"Yes...yes you are...and if you keep up at the rate you are going, you will not get a chance to even consider going on any other missions....I think its time..."

Jinuko would scoff, his gaze shifting to the window as he sat on the bed.

"Ain't done much else than serve...whatcha think I can do?"

"Well....an old teacher of mine always told me that...sometimes...the best way to take in change is to enjoy the accomplishments that have been gained.."

With a small smile, Miho would walk over to him, placing her hand in his, seeing the small tear coming from the old war dog.

"You've done so much for us...the least you can do is enjoy it....take up a hobby...could always go fishing..."

"Heh...Fishing ain't the same as huntin down targets....but...thank you.."

As she patted her other hand against his, she'd then hand him the chart, smiling gently as she began to make her way out the room.

"Sign the discharge form and I will send it to the Jounin Hanchou for confirmation...If you need anything..I'll be right here..."

With that, she'd began to proceed down the hall, her eyes closed as she knew that this was probably a earth shaking change for the man. But, he'd live a lot longer and he'd honestly get to see the world in which he helped to defend. Some weren't so fortunate to do that.

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Dec 30, 2019 16:08:55 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Trial and error only makes improvement with each failure!
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday March 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 3 Member

Yurako slowly opened her eyes, groaning as she did so, her eyes fluttering a bit. She winced as her body felt like utter garbage. Her arms hurt, but her legs felt a lot worse. She did it again, she wore herself out by pushing herself a bit too hard. She was doing her usual training to improve her speed, but let herself go too far. For weeks, upon months, almost a year she's been trying to step up on her training.

She didn't want to give up. She had a goal she wanted to achieve and she would work as hard as possible to accomplish it. Sitting up to the best of her ability, she huffed a little bit, her breath heavy from the pain of the strain she put on her body. Her body was covered in more bandages than usual. Trying to get out of bed, she wasn't going to be getting anywhere any time soon.

Her endurance was pushed to its limit for her to just swing her legs to the side of her bed. Struggling she "hopped" out of her bed and managed to walk about five paces before falling to the ground, catching herself with her arms. "Ow! Damnit! This hurts like hell... Gotta... Get back..." Yurako shouted before her voice got a bit quieter after a couple more words. She managed to crawl a just a little bit before laying on the ground, breathing heavy.

"Oof..."

------
Tag:
Gaige has written 131 posts
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Dec 30, 2019 21:49:16 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head

"Utsuki Yurako?..My name is Adachi Miho and I will be...Oh shit..."

Miho would stand at the doorway, seeing the fallen girl upon the floor, eyes wide in shock at this. Though, it could have come also from the sight of her ears, but it wouldn't have been the first time that the young woman had seen individuals with special features. Of course, this wasn't the time to question what was more daunting, as she swiftly moved to her side. Kneeling down, she'd easily be capable of hoisting her up to her feet, guiding her back down to her bed before then releasing a breath.

"There...hopefully we won't have anymore escape attempts...Now..lets see..."

Reaching for the female's chart, the short haired brunette would frown as she raised her brow.

"So..I see someone has been trying to push themselves to the limit...and apparently, I see that you have already been bandaged up and tended to....So...would you mind explaining just what it was that you were trying to accomplish? Aside from breaking most of your bones and tearing your muscles to pieces?"

When you were in the work of putting people back together, you were allowed the rare chance of mocking the actions of those that brought themselves to your service. After all, you would be the ones to help bend and repair everything they broke.

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Dec 30, 2019 22:37:49 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Within the few moments she was on the floor trying to crawl her way out again, a woman, probably more than likely someone from the medical corps came in calling her name, introduced herself before she gave what she at least thought would be the appropriate reaction. What was surprising, after getting a slight look at the girl, was the fact that she was able to easily lift Yurako, despite being bigger than the girl.

Though her getting touched hurt as well, she was back into the soft bed, just pouting at Miho for keeping her confined here. She had to train. Her ears flopped down slightly as she listened to her, for once not opening her mouth at the escaping comment. When the Miho rad out what was on her chart thingy-ma-do, while asking how she managed to damage her body beyond what Yurako actually knew.

She knew she pushed herself hard, but she didn't know she was pushing herself that hard. Either way, her stubbornness said she was fine and could leave in a few. "Hmpf! I was training! You can't become the world's fastest shinobi just lazing around, so I was working on achieving my goal! Why I say I'm fine! I just need some rest and-" She said loudly, quickly and proudly while giving Miho a thumbs up as she was almost done giving her usual speech.

But the pain made her wince and cut herself off, Yurako gritted her teeth but tried to hide it. Blushing and pouting she continued. "Uhmm. I'm fine just some rest and..." She paused again as her stomach grumbled and growled loudly enough to wake the dead, making her blush slightly while adding an awkward and embarrassed chuckle. She was starving too, as the medical shinobi would probably pick up on.

------
Tag:
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Dec 31, 2019 14:04:20 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

With a raised brow, Miho would cross her arms over her chest and then release a soft sigh. It wasn't uncommon for a lack of energy to cause some possible strain. Though she imagined that the most of it came from the girl's reckless training method.

"You need rest and probably and food...you've likely pulled something and the pain that you're feeling is coming from the strain you've placed on your muscles. Relax..and I will bring you something...but first, lie back please.."

As she waited for Yurako to comply, the short brunette would begin to pull gloves over her hands, looking over the rabbit-girl, her hand gently pressing upon her chest as she moved along the length of her rib-cage.

"Now..tell me when you start to feel some strain. If it becomes to much, make sure to let me know..."

Slowly she'd press, the tips of her fingers dancing across the girl's skin, keeping time to know where she was going, ensuring that she didn't get lost along the way. It was very easy to do so when you were looking for the source of pain. Miho knew that it had to be tension in the muscles, though how much damage it had caused was still to be determined.

last edit by Senju Miho on Jan 2, 2020 9:47:10 GMT -5
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 1, 2020 22:23:31 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako stared, blowing out her cheeks and pouting a little as the medical kunoichi gave a deep sigh, probably wishing to scold her but ultimately choosing not to. She agreed on the food part, but not so much on the rest part. Struggling a little to see if it was possible to ignore Miho and try to walk out, she winced and groaned, quickly giving up before more carefully leaning against the soft pillows.

She listened to her expertise and sighed heavily. "Well, I would like to get something to eat. Hopefully, you guys have a lot of food, I haven't eaten in a while, I'm not even sure how long I've been asleep already. My clan is famous for their metabolism." She said with pride, closing her eyes a little bit until she was done talking. "Wait, can I even eat for myself? Everything hurts when I try to do too much movement, especially my arms, chest, and legs. Hopefully, you understand Utsuki's bodies." She questioned.

As Miho looked over her body, feeling it with her gloved hands, she would do her best to stay still as everything she touched hurt, making her groan and grit her teeth in pain here and there. 'Yeah. Pretty much everything you touch kinda hurts. The front of my chest... my arms... my hands... and my legs from my hips to my toes...' She said both in her head and with her body reactions and pained groans.

"Owwww..." She complained, whining a bit.

------
Tag:
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 2, 2020 11:33:48 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Just like I thought..."

Miho had allowed the girl to talk, realizing that it was likely out of her own means of dealing with her pain, as well as her high energy trying to kick back into gear. But, sadly her body wasn't as willing to jump back into action as she was, prompting the brunette to then pull her hands away as she began to take down notes upon the young teen's chart, shrugging her shoulders as she then answered her question.

"Honestly, you'll will be one of the first actually live Utsuki I've had the pleasure of working with..most of have been illustration and based off practice dummies.."

Allowing a small smile to cross her lips, Miho would then place the small clipboard down, allowing herself to take a seat next to Yurako.

"But, aside from the ears and the boundless amount of energy you have, I don't foresee any additional problems...so long as you relax yourself..."

Keeping her smile, the young woman would then place her hands on her lap as she continued to speak.

"You've definitely pushed yourself over the top, so your body is going to be very...very sore for a while. Right now, eating and bed rest is one method to help, along with applied ointment for pain relief. It won't be an easy fix, but it will happen if you take it slow for the next few days..."

As she said this, the brunette would then lean back in her seat.

"Another means to help would be sitting in a hot bath to allow for your muscles to become less tense, easing the pain away momentarily...which I would recommend you start doing if you wish to continue the regiment in which your currently one. It will help prevent you from something like this happening again.."

Miho would then rise back up as she then picked up her chart one more.

"Aside from that, I see no reason why you won't be able to go home today..but for now..we'll keep you here until your body has eased out of it's lock down and we can work toward apply the pain relief treatment...So..since you'll be here...what is that you would like to eat?"

Hearing her mention that she hadn't eaten much that day, she questioned if that lack of energy might have been partially responsible for all of this? It wasn't out of the question, but she imagined that whatever it was that the girl had been doing was the likely culprit in the end.

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 3, 2020 23:16:46 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako tried her best to endure the pain she was receiving with Miho pressing and feeling along her body. That was until the older girl exclaimed what she thought was wrong with her body to make it hurt so much, before moving her hands away before writing down some notes and giving a shrug, explaining that Yurako was the first she'd ever worked on. She just stared at Miho blankly as she explained what was wrong.

Afterward, she began to tell her something she didn't want to hear. "Wait, wait, wait! Slow down?! But how am I supposed to train to be the fastest if I slow down and slack off practicing?! Others will be training harder than me and I can't be just relaxing!" She said in a genuine shock, her body shot up to sit up, only to imminently regret it and her to whine as she slowly lied back down, puffing her cheek out and giving a pout.

She crossed her arms as she waited for Miho gets done explaining things. She was fine with everything, except the concept of slowing down. Her stomach growled at the mentioning of food, making her mouth water and her mood shift. "Well. I ould eat like multiples of anything and everything. I don't mind as long as it is warm and there's a lot of it." She said, a small amount of drool leaking out of the left side corner of her lip.

"Your notes should say something about it maybe? It's a Utsuki thing. I’m hungry enough to eat a horse. Although, can you hang out with me? Oh and are you gonna heal me at least enough for me to eat or are you helping me?" She asked both in curiosity and excitement.
------
Tag:

last edit by Utsuki Yurako on Jan 4, 2020 0:40:42 GMT -5
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 9, 2020 22:38:43 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"I could easily heal some of the damage to your injuries, but the point of medicine...natural medicine is to help the body gradually recover. That way, its capable of lasting a similar event in the near future...and with you...I imagine that will be quite soon..."

Many assumed that the point of a medic was to simply hover their hands over a patience and heal them back to health instantly. Such measures were reserved for true emergencies, which this certainly wasn't. The point was that her body had to adapt in order to better break passed those previous limitations the next time. Much like tempering a blade. While the body would always allow them to know when to call it quits, each strain was a reminder that you either needed to slow down or try something different.

As Miho looked over at the girl's chart, she did indeed find that that she had a very high metabolism. It would certainly explain her appetite and her need to rush out of here and be mobile. After putting down from soft and easy to swallow selections in her notes, the brunette would watch as a nurse made her way inside, handing the clipboard to her as she nodded in thanks.

"That shouldn't be too long...now...what exactly was the regiment in which you were putting yourself through to leave you in such a state?"

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 11, 2020 2:25:30 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako pouted when Miho said she would only be able to ease the pain, but she'd have to heal up herself, before sighing and nodding when she was told that her body would only become stronger with each wear and tear. She didn't like that she had to rest, but if it'd mean she'll only get stronger, she would be fine with that. She was open to almost anything to be stronger and to reach her goal.

"Fine, fine. I don't mind healing by myself, but I would at least like the pain to go away long enough for me to at least be able to eat." She said happily, her mouth still watering slightly as she was waiting for the food. She would think up all of the food she was getting, wiggling and wincing from said wiggles just from excitement. She was simultaneously in pain and ready to receive some food before she took a nap probably after eating to recover so she could leave later.

She watched Miho write down some notes, another nurse taking them before leaving the room to themselves again. When she asked what she did for speed training, she closed her eyes, her and thought for a moment, going back to her months and month of hard training she's been stepping up with lately.

"Well, I try to do laps every day, as well as run around the village and race people often. Plus I use six-hundred-pound weights on both of my legs, rarely taking them off. Oh! The day before I woke up here I tried to strap a boulder on my back and run around with it! Maybe that's what did it? I also push my endurance to the limit often. Trying to go past six hours of nonstop workouts and training." She explained.

------
Tag:

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 21, 2020 10:15:08 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Having won out in the end, Miho would listen carefully to the young girl's day to day routine, finding herself more than a bit surprised that the girl even had a spine. Not to mention bones. Such a training set would be near impossible for most people, but perhaps there was a will and a way. Miho, with all her strength, wouldn't even attempt such a risk on her own body, knowing full well that such a test in endurance would likely leave her a wreck.

Hence, her current patient's condition.

"I would imagine a lot of that would be the case of this amount of physical stress..."

In saying this, a nurse would soon arrive with what looked to be a bowl of soup, along with bread and a cup of water. As she set it down upon the table, Miho would then gently pull the table over to the girl's side, showing the ease of such a transition, before then picking up the spoon that rested next to the soup container.

"Perhaps you should consider resting periods in between each set. It might prevent such injury in the future as well. Now...open up..."

Allowing the broth to settle, she'd then guide the utensil in the direction of Yurako's mouth.

last edit by Senju Miho on Jan 24, 2020 16:38:40 GMT -5
Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 22, 2020 0:48:21 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

She huffed a little. "I couldn't think of anything else beyond my leg weights. I might drop the bolder training tho, it's not my best idea. Do you know ways to get more speed? I need to know so I can be the fastest in the five nations someday!" She'd state and ask. She wouldn't give up on her dream. She was willing to do anything to reach that level, her body be damned. It would have to adapt with her. She wouldn't let anything hold her back. She was a stubborn one after all.

Around that time the nurse came back with some food and she watched Miho prepare a table and the soup, along with some bread and some water. o her, it looked like a snack, but she was too hungry to complain. "I don't mind resting or taking a hot bath and such, but I can't just stop training completely..." She'd mutter slightly before opening up, letting Miho feed her. The soup would taste divine! She'd definitely need more though than just one bowl. And definitely more than just one piece of bread.

She would swallow and wait for Miho to slowly feed her as they chatted. She hoped the girl could keep up with her eating speed, she could finish a meal quite quickly. It was odd though, she never really had someone feed her before. At least it was relaxing and didn't cause her pain.

------
Tag:

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 24, 2020 16:47:03 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Miho would hold a blank expression, her face showing thought as she considered an alternative to this girl's reckless and dangerous training practices. Honestly, there were a few other options that she could use. One came to mind as she snapped her fingers after allowing more of the broth to enter between the teen's lips.

"Easy...wind resistance training..you'd simply have to tie a large enough cloth capable of capturing the drawback force that comes during your sprinting, which would act as a weight for you to stride against. It would be pulling you back, but it would be less straining than a boulder...open up.."

As she prepared another spoonful, Miho would smile as she allowed it to enter her mouth yet again, soon crossing arms upon her lap before releasing a breath. She had no intention of stopping, but she was going to..at least until she had healed up. That would take at least a day and a half, and that would allow her to go home and rest on her own. Still, she imagined that the moment she let this girl out the door, she'd be running down the road to the training grounds immediately.

"Listen... I'm not saying that you stop training...quite the opposite..I'm just trying to make sure that in ten years, I don't have to find a way for you to walk properly because your bones are mush..I've seen it in enough veteran shinobi that I'd like to avoid the next generation of our village's defense to not have to use wheelchairs to get around in their after-glow periods...okay?"

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 24, 2020 19:50:05 GMT -5
Utsuki Yurako
Utsuki Yurako Avatar
groupnull

Yurako would gulp down another spoonful of broth as she listened to Miho give her an idea for training, something as creative. She liked creative methods for training, thus wind training was a great idea! It was brilliant! She loved it! "That's a great idea! I love it! Do you know anyone who's good with wind jutsu though that could help me out? Cause I don't know anyone." She asked in between devouring some more warm broth. Despite being fed, her stomach was nowhere near satisfied, demanding more and more.

When Miho placed her hands down for a moment, after a little while she would explain that Yurako didn't have to stop training, she just needed to be a lot more careful. This made her pause a think for a moment. Maybe she was training too hard. She wasn't immortal or unbreakable, so she had limits. She just hated the fact that she had limits. But, she knew there was nothing she could do but listen to the professional, as much as she would rather ignore her.

"I guess your right... I'll take it slow." She said finally with a smile. "So, enough about me, tell me about yourself. I've never really met many people with medical arts." She asked in curiosity.

------
Tag:

Wear and Tear, Youthful Indiscretion[Yurako]Jan 27, 2020 10:18:06 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Actually...a few...one happens to be my fiancé. If your good, I can tell him about you..."

A small smile crossed her lips as it appeared as if the young girl at least understood that she was doing what she could for her own good. It wasn't every day that you met someone who seemed so ready to risk it all, even their own well being, for the security and the success of becoming one of the village's best shinobi. That didn't mean that she should be reckless and break every bone in her body or tear her muscles to ribbons.

Hopefully, that lesson would sink in...

With her obtaining the loaf of bread from the tray, Miho would hold a blank expression as it seemed that Yurako was no longer interested in just hearing about herself. Rather, now she seemed content to learn more about Miho herself. Seeming to have little interaction with medical nin, the brunette would smirk before raising her brow as if she were stunned, but it really wasn't something too uncommon.

"We tend to spend much of our time within the hospital. Only a few of us are actually required in the field and that is really only when shinobi are in high-risk situations..."

Breaking the loaf in half, the young medic would then dip it into the broth, placing it then upon the spoon as she guided in her the teen's direction.

"Before that...I also did field operations..."