Cracking the code[KAZUTO]

compose a reply
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 8, 2020 8:37:06 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday 03 May rank Chuunin occupation

It was a bit cold. A wind was blowing across the land and it carried a chill with it. The systematic sound of his feet hitting the gravel path, his breath, and the contraction of his muscles as everything which the genin focused on. Ever since he had received a few pointer from Kazuto on how to run and build a proper exercise routine, he had done his best to improve. According to himself, he was well on his way. He could run longer, faster and he felt better about it all. he still stuck to running early in the morning, it meant less people spying on him and any failed attempts he might make. 

Eventually, the genin arrived at one of the training grounds with a lake and a small brook. He paused, red faced and catching his breath. He had a small bag across his body which held a small book and a bottle of water. Walking to a stone he plopped down on it with a sigh, his breath coming out in small puffs of hot air. 

He took the bag off and zipped the windbreaker before he found the bottled water and just sat there, sipping the water and letting his body calm down. The run had taken him just about around the village. 

As his body was feeling a bit better and he fished out he small book, 'BASICS OF NINJUTSU' one of his many books on jutsu and basic techniques. Even a few of strategy and psychology, but for the day, he'd attempt to learn another vital jutsu described in the book. It had been a while since he had learned to walk on walls and trees. He wasn't entirely sure if this was going to be harder or easier with the knowledge. But  anyways, he flipped through the pages and started scanning the pages describing the uses of the jutsu, the execution and the theory behind it. 

TAGGED

WORDS
HEX#
16774d
NOTES
N/A

heart don't fail me now; courage don't desert me

Moro has written 242 posts
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 9, 2020 2:05:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Like a pillar emerging from the tranquil water, Kazuto remained static. His eyes closed as he felt the constant funnel of his chakra moving towards his feet, the gentle and soft swaying of the few waves that the lake would provide. Still he remained calm, feeling his lung filling with the cold mist of the morning. He slowly opened his eye, releasing his breath in the form of a sigh as he concluded his meditation. He looked before him, the lake, the mist making the visibility no farther than five meters before he would take a first step, hearing the muffled splashing sound as water acted like a smooth surface he could walk over, even if the physical nature of the lake water didn't seem to make it physically possible.

It was a good training however. Revisiting the fundamental abilities were a good way to reinforce a second nature. And to try to improve chakra control. Even if his ability with it wasn't the best, he would try again and again to make progress, even if it was a little. The Senju understood that perhaps that was an impossibility, after all, he had been blessed with ample reserves of chakra that would allow him to fight through the most bitter battlefield for days, at the very least with theory. He began to quicken his pace, his hands forming a string of seals as he felt his attention divided as his chakra began to mold to create a technique.

Wordlessly, the Senju would continue his steady advance, his hands coming apart as the his chakra reached towards the water and from the very depths, a serpentine beast made from jade water, it flew in circles, gathering strength before he directed towards the shore, striking the sand and raising like a geyser of water that spread into mist and haze that showered anyone that would dare to be close enough to the strike, leaving a small puddle in the form of a crater that soon was flooded by the water of the lake. He slowly walked towards the shore, nodding to himself in approval, before his feet made the transition from water to the wet soil.

Perhaps he required a little bit more of control. He was sure that he had used slightly more chakra in creating the technique that he would have liked. But it was a good exercise to begin with. He would look around, trying to find if he had hit something or someone, but at the very moment he hadn't found anything that would have landed a strike upon the sandy shore. At least he hoped so.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,169 posts
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 14, 2020 14:23:10 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

The dark brown hues scanned the pages swiftly. He was at peace. Slowly, the world around him was being drowned out as he focused on the words and instructions, mumbling every now and then to repeat the words. So he didn't notice the rising wave of water aiming to smash against the bank of the lake. 

WOOSH 

The water sent him tumbling and drenched him, the book, his bag and the ground. Had he screamed? He most certainly had said something, although how loud it had been he wasn't sure of. He would sit in the grass a little ways from the stone he had found a seat on. His glasses were on the ground, his black hair clung to his face. His breaths came in quickly and superficial, his body greatly surprised by the sudden attack. The fact that this wasn't the first time his peaceful reading time was being disturbed by someone who thought it was totally normal to attack someone. Was he going to be forced to spar with this individual? He certainly didn't want to. Actually... Actually, he was going to get up and just walk away. Where was his book? His book! 

"Oh no, h no.nononononononononoonono!" 

He pushed the wet hair back and looked around, the worlds was out of focus so he patted the ground for his glasses, once found he pounced on the drenched book with a heart broken cry. What was he going to do now? It wasn't a book he could borrow from the library. With shaking hands he would attempt to open it, only to see the ink running some places. How was he going to pay for a new one? 

His head whipped up and caught sight of another person, no doubt the one who caused this. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you just go around and attack people, who are minding their own business?! I'm soaked! My book is ruined! God! I hope you are proud of yo..." 

His hand came up to stop the stream of curses and harsh words, wen he saw who it was. He had the worst luck, didn't he? The tops of his ears already turning red as he got up, grabbed the book and bag in a hurry and started marching out. There was no way he was going to own up to what he just said. He was angry, he was frustrated, but he wasn't going to damage a relationship with his superiors if he could help it. 

TAGGED

WORDS
HEX#
16774d
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 16, 2020 23:25:06 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto heard the sound of the roiling crashing waves upon the bank of the lake and mingled upon the sound was the cry of someone that had been struck by the wave. His expression turned to concern as he began to take steps towards the shore. Looking at the small crater that his technique had carved upon the grass along the shoreline, allowing for a small pond to form and near, he found a young man. One that he recognized as the insults begin to be flung towards him until Rokurou realized who he was speaking with. The Senju sighed at what happened. No one was here, or no one was supposed to be here. He talk a step, this time into firm land, feeling how his chakra remained still and calm.

"I'm sorry Rokurou, it was careless of me." He said as he offered a hand to help him to his feet. He would pull and allow him to stand before he would take a notice to the book that he had mentioned and plucked from his hands to observe it. Indeed, it was ruined, the cover was now almost a paste, the ink had run off from the soaked paper that made up the body of the book, almost telling him that the book was a poor print or quality. As the title of the book had faded, he took another look, recognizing the faint lettering. "Basics of Ninjutsu..."

He said quietly. He had read this before. It was a boring but useful beginners guide, as while it lacked the stylistic flourishes of other authors, but he supposed that it was useful. Returning the book to the young man, he would look at him apologetically as his mind went through the problem that he had caused. "I happen to have a copy of that textbook, I will give it to you as a replacement." He said as he took a pause. "As a make to an amend to you, if you would like, I would be willing to help you train..." He turned towards the lake.

"To walk on water?" It was for a suggestion, an idea that he would form after all the information had been given to him. He imagined that was the reason, at the very least in his mind. Unless he was training some Water Release techniques.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 20, 2020 4:38:27 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

And just as he turned to sprint away, a hand gripped onto his windbreaker and tugged hard enough to make him turn. Roku was pretty sure he was the embodiment of the 'deer in headlights' saying right about now. 

And then Kazuto started to apologize and talking about replacing the soaked copy of Ninjutsu Basics. Was he insane? What if his kids, or whenever her got those, needed it? With his thoughts running amok and making it hard to focus on much else beside the buzzing in his head, it was hard to decipher the words coming out of the jounin's mouth. He knew what he was saying, he knew he understood, but it was as if he was underwater. 

Finally he managed to follow the jounin's gaze to the water. He could help with water walking. It would be welcome. Kazuto already knew how useless he was at the physical aspects of the shinobi life, so he really couldn't disappoint him with his ninjutsu abilities. 

Hesitant, the silence dragged out between them as Roku found his voice and a reply that didn't involve 'well you ruined my training, so teaching me is the least you could do'. 

"I'd be grateful for some help... And you don't need to replace the book, I'm sure I can find it in a bookstore again" 

If I have the funds to buy it is another matter though...

At least he was better at ninjutsu than taijutsu. His hand came up to hold his other arm where Kazuto had grabbed the windbreaker, mostly for comfort and to create some form of distance between the two, even if it was just in his own mind. 

TAGGED

WORDS
HEX#
16774d
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Jan 20, 2020 16:10:30 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"It's no problem. I ruined your book, so it is only fair that I help replace it." He would say, thinking that a book as common as that one should be an easy thing to find if someone at the clan records noticed a book like that missing. Even when he didn't think that anyone in the clan would actually miss it. The Senju would then work towards the bank of the lake, circumventing the small crater that he had made after the use of his own techniques. Looking at the lake the Senju turned back at the young man.

"Anyways, lets begin, shall we." He said. It was a skill that any struggled with. Kazuto himself did it as the great reservoir that was his very own chakra reserves. To modulate the chakra at the bottom of your feet would be rather difficult. Specially due the shifting nature of the surface the shinobi would try to walk on, as well on how they would have to make the first corrections before maintaining a foothold on water became a simple after thought as common as the breathing of a person. It would take word but he was sure that Rokurou could achieve it with the proper motivation.

"First of all, is your chakra control good? Can you climb trees or walls with your chakra?" The question was an important one, there were many Genin that had not mastered that ability, and without it attempting to walk on water would be nigh impossible. Furthermore he would also learn if Rokurou's chakra control was any good. With that information in had, Kazuto would be able to plan a way to teach him how to accomplish his goal for the day in the most efficient way possible. For his part however, he hoped that the his acquaintance wouldn't feel offended by the question.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 2, 2020 15:54:00 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

It didn't seem like there was much room for arguing, so he kept his mouth closed, lips pressed together as the white noise in his head was reined in by Roku's shifting focus, which was now focusing on the lake and the jounin's words. 

"Uhm, i guess it is okay? I try to work on it everyday, but it is average at best. I did manage to learn to walk on trees and such via a book similar to the ruined one." 

He liked to think he was capable of controlling his chakra better than others, but it seemed to come in bursts of fine control and then it returned to being whatever it was when he was just executing a jutsu without focusing on control. Hands fidgeted with the edge of his shirt, his dark eyes wandered to the jounin in uncertainty and then back to the lake. It had settled again, showing no sign of the previous disturbance. A question pressed on his mind,

"Eh, I have a question... Do you know of any tracking jutsu? Or books with the basics of it? I... think it'd be something I could be good at, although I'm not sure, it just seems to fit better with me since I'm as scrawny as a sapling and about as useful as one, too" 

TAG
CODED BY REM OF WW

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 7, 2020 4:12:11 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Don't change the subject." Kazuto said, turning at him sharply with a serious look perched upon his features. Even if he wasn't good at it, the words that escaped from Rokurou's lips sounded more like tepid excuses than actual realities. That was the words of an individual that accepted defeat readily rather than to use everything in his power to change that situation. If he was going to help him, then he would do so by means of showing some actual grit and commitment. He held his stare at him for a few more moments before he would return to give him words that would guide him for this task alone. "If you focus on something else without polishing your fundamentals, then was purpose would you have by training another set of skills?"

It was a simple thing to do, a choice he had to make if he chose to continue in that path. He would allow him a brief moment to consider on whether or not he would do that, quitting that was, or continuing before he would to to the banks of the lake and take a first step into the water, walking on it without much difficulty or thought, almost as if he was trying to show Rokurou that such a feat was something that would be attainable to anyone if enough effort was placed behind each intention. Kazuto took a deep breath and would speak once more.

"If you follow what your book said, it will tell you that take the lessons of climbing on trees, it fails to tell you that you should take into account the fact that water has no defined form, it is every shifting and so you must compensate when you step steps on water until you're used to walking on it." It was a broad explanation, but it was the one that would have to serve for him as it had served for him when he had done this almost eight years ago. "Remember, you need to compensate for the water, reacting to you walking on it, to its currents, in short you need to modulate your chakra so you don't sink." It was easier said than done, but he was certain that his new acquaintance would manage to do it if he put all of himself into the training. And so he would awaited for his 'student' to make the first move.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 8, 2020 23:56:42 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

Kazuto seemed to turn on a dime and snap at him, his eyes held an edge Roku quickly identified as a 'get in line or get cut down' type of deal. Perhaps not intended to be so by the jounin, but Roku's mind could make mountains out of tiny hills. His lips were pressed tightly together and his hands knitted into fists with his short nails digging into his palms. Was he sweating? Did he need to work more at his chakra control before he even attempted this? Oh my god.... He wasn't good enough to learn this was he?! He should just quit, shouldn't he?

But he couldn't fail the strange family he had the orphanage, could he? He'd have no stories to tell. He'd be Gure 'who almost became a shinobi' Rokurou. 

He wouldn't reply. He'd just stand there, frozen. A tiny nod was made in hopes that it'd show he was here to learn and his chakra control was good enough for the task ahead. And then, after a few moments, the jounin stepped out on the lake, standing on the water as easily as he had stood on the ground.

Roku's thoughts were still buzzing around his head like a hive of busy bees. Focus would be hard to attain, managing his breathing and chakra would be a feat. But he had to try. He couldn't just stand here and look at the jounin like some lost sheep. So he nodded. Took one step, then another. Then waited as his feet sank slightly into the ground just before the water. His hands came together in a seal to focus his chakra. He attempted to visualize his chakra flow, a pool of water he could manipulate. Closing his eyes as he usually did, frightfully self-conscious about the jounin watching him on the water, but he tried to breathe and move the chakra as he usually did in his warm up exercises, up, then down. Then repeat. For a split second he had focus. He had peace and quiet in his head. The chakra covered his feet, he opened his eyes as he attempted a test, his foot hovering just above the water, his brown eyes locked on the sight. Slowly he lowered his foot, testing the water.

It worked. For a split second it worked. Then, as he gained confidence and a slight spark of joy in his timid gaze, he supported half his weight on the water, his brown eyes glanced at the jounin and...

And focus was lost.

His foot passed right through the surface and Roku's one leg was in water past his ankle. Looking a bit like a kicked puppy, he  pulled his foot back and tried to focus again. This time far less weight would be placed on his foot as it latched on to the water's surface, he didn't trust the water not himself, even if it was an unconscious decision to do so.

His eyebrows grew closer together, forming a small wrinkle, as he looked at his foot, he felt the water hit against the chakra much like waves hitting the immobile walls of a building. "Heh, so, move like water, right..."
He was nervous, maybe if he seemed nervous the jounin would be more patient with him. It was a horrible defense mechanism he had developed. Banking on a show of weakness and submission to keep him alive and out of trouble. For now he'd just stand there, feeling the water and try to make his chaka malleable so it could react to the water's shifting.

TAG
CODED BY REM OF WW

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 15, 2020 12:03:59 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto watched Rokurou take his first steps with interest. He was trying at the very least, and even if his form was somewhat crude and not as efficient as the Senju would have liked but still good enough for him to walk on water with a steady and secure pace. And as he did, confidence seemed to spread in the Gure like wildfire over a plane of dried grass. Each step looking more steady than the last as the idea that his acquaintance had gotten the trick for it had taken a root in his mind until it was yanked like a freshly seeded sapling. He didn't sink, not entirely but still it was a significant set back that the Senju would seek to correct.

A sigh would escape from the Senju's lips. He would take steps on water, walking on it with a contemptuous ease until he stood next to Rokurou, crossing his arms before his chest, fingers digging at the biceps as he would eye him, not in anger but with a look that told the story of a teacher that expected more from his student. He shook his head and closed his eyes before looking at him again. "Control, control, you must have control." He said in a matter of fact of tone, not betraying to any form of anger or frustration.

"Focus your mind." He told him, trying to make sure that Rokurou would understand that at least for the very early stages he couldn't take his mind from the shifting change that water meant. He understood that it was difficult at first, but without no difficulty to test yourself then, then little thing of worth would be gained. "Try again, this time, keep your concentration, ignore anything that would take your attention from this and you will succeed."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 24, 2020 1:28:33 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

NOTES ❯ Notes here (max 1 line)
HEX ❯ #3f85a3
TAGS ❯ Tags here (spans 2 lines)

ThE lost uchiha

The look on Kazuto's face, the small sigh, all of it made Roku's skin crawl and his heart beat felt downright painful for a second. As if the simple sigh had been a large needle stabbing into his chest. He ducked his head and let the black bangs sweep over his eyes and glasses. 

Kazuto's presence next to him was one Roku was all too aware of. The entire side of his body closest to him felt tense. As if it was ready to pull away or dodge. He knew it was ridiculous, but the sensation didn't listen to reason and he swallowed the lump in his throat. 

You must have control.

It was easier said than done. But Roku's attention was easily grabbed by possible threats or things he would need to take into consideration. Even the ones that wasn't his to worry about. His hands stiffly came together and he focused his chakra again, coating his feet like he did when walking on walls and trees. In his mind, he'd attempt to imitate water, be soft and malleable. 

And then he would take a step, this time he'd be standing on the water and for a moment he just stood there and looked down at his feet. Then he remembered to breathe. Three breaths later he took a few steps and only when those were succesful did he walk further out on the lake. 

With his nervous, tense eyes he'd chance a look at the jounin, 

"What now?" 

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 25, 2020 13:26:23 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju would continue to watch Rokurou, his eyes looking at his feet as he took a step, after step, breath after breath as he continued to advance on the surface of water. His steps becoming surer and surer as he continued his advance and Kazuto would provide an approving nod to his protege's advancement with the technique. He knew he could, he knew that Rokurou had it within him to be able to walk on water without any excuses so long that he was properly motivated. "Well done." He said calmly, giving soft praise to the young man before he would point towards the lake.

"Move into the deeper water. Do so trotting." Kazuto directed him to do so. If he sank then, he would be waist deep, he would be survived, but always thought than an element of danger would make him put more attention, and if he started to speed up, then it would mean that he would have less time concentrating in keeping his chakra to the bottom of his feet. He would start feeling rather than just doing, which was exactly what he wanted for him to happen, to get used to being able to walk on water.

"When you acclimatize yourself we will start drills." He said, raising his voice above the murmur of the waters beneath them. Slowly he would look at him considering what else they could do, he crossed his arms over his chest before he gave another set of orders. "Use your techniques. Remember, you will walk on water in the midst of combat, you will need to divert your attention from the chakra on your feet to the techniques you will have to cast." He told Rokorou, hoping that he would be able to understand his directions. "Nice and easy, Rokurou."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Feb 28, 2020 9:23:33 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

HEX ❯ #3f85a3

ThE lost uchiha

And do so trotting... 

What was he?! A genius shinobi horse?! He had barely grasped the technique! His mind was already supplying all the horrible drowning scenarios, the embarrassment he'd feel once he fell face first into the water due to his own flailing about... In truth, he had grasped the technique pretty quick, drawing on his theory behind the technique and how its sister technique, tree walking, worked. 

He wanted to grimace and give the jounin A Look, but he gritted his teeth and turned towards the center of the lake. It was just fast walking. Fast walking with high knees. Totally not something to be dreading... Totally. 
So he did a mental check of his breathing, of his chakra at his feet, it was all as it should be. So he took a big step, then another, then a few smaller but faster ones. A few more of these and he'd transition to the trotting pace he had been asked to do. He didn't sink. Not like he had imagined. Granted, a vast amount of his focus was on his feet, still... But hey! He was trotting! On water! A smile had worked its way into the corners of his lip despite being pressed together in an effort to not look like a total idiot. He was supposed to be a shinobi, this was going to be something should be able to do in his sleep!  

Roku tried to focus on other things as well, splitting his focus between his feet and the trees opposite the lake. The first few steps were fine, but as he ventured further, he sank to his ankles and as the water spilled into his already wet boots he almost fell over but with all his focus now on keeping himself up and out of the water, he was able to plant a foot firmly on the water's surface and pull himself back up so he'd be standing on the surface again. The joy he had had due to the success would fade quickly and he'd instead start trotting around again, slowly trying to shift his focus once more. It went much better this time, he still sunk a bit but it was never allowed to go past his ankles again. Every time it became a bit too heavy to lift his feet, he'd refocus on them and he'd be back to trotting along effortlessly, the running form he had been practicing clear as day in his movements. 

Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Mar 14, 2020 19:04:05 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto nodded in approval at what he saw. He was stumbling, sinking slightly when it came for him to divide his attention but still undaunted. Perhaps there was still there was hope for Rokurou yet, after all. He saw him going about motions that he had instructed and did so without raising complaints even if this was plastered upon his features. Of that he was pleased and Kazuto would give him a praise after the exercise had been concluded. He followed the boy as he continued and nodded in approval as he crossed his arms before he spoke again.

"Alright." He said as he began to weave hand signs, allowing his chakra to surge. He wouldn't use anything that could kill him, certainly, Rokurou should be able to see and dodge the incoming searing promise that was a simple barrage of fireballs "Try to keep walking on water and avoid these attacks." He said as he would take a deep breath and then exhaled, pressing his lips as bolts of flame escaped his mouth in a barrage that was aimed towards the area where the young man was, the barrage was relatively harmless and he was sure that his new acquaintance would be safe enough so long he was dodging them.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS

Jutsu Used:

Name: Housenka no Jutsu [Phoenix Sage Fire Technique]
Chakra Usage: Low
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: Katon
Description: After performing the necessary handseals, the user expels a series of small fireballs, each one about the size of a kunai. This are fired in succession and in such numbers that it makes it difficult to dodge by simple means. They are light in form and so they can even be used to hide shuriken within them without being disturbed.
last edit by Senju Kazuto on Mar 14, 2020 19:04:37 GMT -5
Cracking the code[KAZUTO]Mar 15, 2020 4:30:04 GMT -5
Gure Rokurou
Gure Rokurou Avatar
groupnull

HEX ❯ #3f85a3

ThE lost uchiha

Roku trotted around until Kazuot told him it was fine and Roku would stop and look at the man as he gave instructions on the next exercise. Projectiles... Yeah, he could handle that. He had to, right? He shifted his weight around a bit on his feet, he didn't feel all that confident in himself, but his chakra still kept him up despite it, it seemed. 

"Alright, I will try" He nodded and his honey brown eyes grew a bit more determined, even if it wouldn't last long, he tried to keep his mood up and not let the buzzing in his head become his main focus. It did help that he had to focus on his chakra as well as whatever Kazuto was about to launch at him. 

And then they came. Fireballs. 

He knew his own nature was katon as well, but that didn't mean he liked it any more than the other elements. He focused on the balls' path and as one came to strike him he took off in one direction and avoided it as it wooshed past him. He felt the temperature change as it did, but didn't have much time to think about how it'd feel to be hit by one, as another ball was heading for him. It forced him to do a quick turn to go in the other direction. 

Oh no! Another fireball was in that direction. Convinced he had to act quickly, ducking was out of the question for some reason, so he pushed some of his chakra to his hands and arms, then launched himself forward to cartwheel away from the fireballs, ending back on his feet, still standing. 

With wide eyes looking to where the fireballs had collided.