Luminescence [Akira] [Private]

compose a reply
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 19:02:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

He answered "yes," like it was such a simple thing. But Yoko had had some time to think on things since he'd agreed, and now? Now she didn't think it was so simple. How could it be? And despite being told not to worry about it, she was worried. Very worried.

Yoko traced the edge of the mug with her fingertip, casting her eyes back down a second time. She didn't know how he would feel about what she was going to say, but...it needed saying. She couldn't let him do it. She just...couldn't.

"Please abandon it. Finding him. Killing him. I don't want you to get involved." She looked over at him now, green eyes pleading. "Please forget it. You aren't obligated to hunt someone down who's wronged me. It's not like it should matter that much, right? We're sleeping together, but outside of that? You don't need to care. You don't need to get yourself hurt..."

Her heart hurt. She wanted to cry.

It might have been different if they were committed to one another, if there was an established loyalty beyond their bedrooms. But there was nothing tying them together. If her boss asked her why one of their jounin had been slain and it all traced back to her, what was she supposed to say? "Akira didn't like the idea of someone screwing what he saw as his?" Yeah, that'd go really well.

At the core of it, she couldn't let someone risk serious injury or death on her behalf. Especially not someone who had no claim on her outside of her body. It wasn't right--not in her principles and not in her heart.

@akira HEX: #d85266 no notes!

has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 19:15:55 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

It was all so peaceful in the atmosphere but her silence was slowly ruining it. They'd been fine last night, save for some moments: why back to this?

Akira faced her - an incredulous look in her face but the more she pleaded the more his featured just relaxed, the more they would soften toward her. 'Poor girl.' That's what he was seeing her as, at the moment. It being their ages switched around. But Akira had become jaded of life from his treatment from others.

Abandon it?

It was a done deal.

She could ask to renege it all she wanted, but that was the end of it.

The pleading in her voice wanted him to reconsider otherwise.

Akira took his time to respond - staring her in the eyes as he made his choice. Seeing what emotions laid bare in front of him. Why shouldn't he care? Though whatever faint connection they had, it was not on. "Fine. I won't pursue it." Akira would respond simply, and would make it so he didn't want to talk to her, his arm closest to her coming over his side and he would look over toward her window.

A complete fabrication, a lie: how believable it was or not didn't matter because what she wanted was for him to drop it, and desperately wanted him to say he would. So he did.

But it wasn't over by a long shot - and he knew how he'd do it as well. No mess: the man used blood? Well, Akira would play coyly as an ally, and then disable him through a Genjutsu. No fuss: no mess. Take off his head, or his limbs: perhaps even leave him alive without them - just as a reminder of what he was.

No blood. Nothing that could be used against him. Little to react to: no matter how fast he was. "You were good last night." Akira would literally pat her on the head, and turn to his side of the bed: slipping himself off it, and going to find where his trousers were: by the foot of the bed. Still - coffee still in hand. He'd place it down gingerly, and then pull them up: and them back in hand it was: then sat on the opposite side of the room and in the chair that they'd been using.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver [Always Active]

Genjutsu Innovator [Inactive]
Genjutsu Subterfuge [Inactive]
Political Orator [Inactive]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 19:36:01 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He was such a liar. Yoko knew a flat-out lie when she heard one and this was it. He'd been so resolute about killing the man and to just drop it at the first sign of her disapproval? She'd expected a fight. She'd expected resistance. Something. Anything. Not just straight compliance. He didn't offer her straight compliance any other time--why would he do it now?

Yoko looked at him, expression tight, tense. She took a drink of coffee and would set the mug down on the nightstand beside her, watching him slip on his pants and take a seat. But it wasn't done. There was no way.

The compliment to her performance last night didn't sway her from the topic. Maybe he'd meant it sincerely--which she appreciated--but her heart was already stuck on other things.

"You don't understand," she said, her voice rising. "He's an officer, Akira! You can't just pick a fight with someone like that! And because of me? The political backlash will hurt us! This village! They're an allied nation! Killing one of their men would bring nothing but trouble!" She felt tears welling in her eyes, sinister whispers stirring in her head.

"I forbid it. You can't fight him. And if I have to stop you myself, I will." Her voice was low, in warning. But it trembled, too. She was afraid--for herself, for him, for her nation. Just because she'd been weak and stupid, that didn't mean her home had to suffer, too.

Akira might have interpreted her "stopping him" to be a physical thing--as if she'd try to physically prevent him from going. But that wasn't it. Unknown to him, she had ANBU connections, and it'd be a simple thing to report to Ryohei that it was best Akira simply not be allowed over into Kiri without double the usual team--to prevent him from doing anything stupid. She didn't want to have that conversation. But she would.

She'd sink her own ship in the waters of guilt and embarrassment before she let someone she cared about get hacked apart and light a fire between their nations. Would it involve a few white lies? Maybe. But for all the resolution Akira held in keeping his word, Yoko held it equally in stopping him.

"But you're protecting that man," a voice cooed. "You know that, right? Why protect him? Is it possible you--"

She pushed the thought away. Now was not the time for self-doubt.

has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 19:50:09 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

He'd take a drink from the coffee: the warmth, the smell: the biterness. All little components: but they weren't what was waking him up.

She had seen through him. This was never about who she was to him: this was about a manner of principle. How she'd been ravaged against her own will and made to act as though she'd deserved it. "I'm not going to pick a fight. I'm going to kill a man who deserves it." Akira wasn't a fool: he'd planned one murder, and he could certainly orchestrate another. A man inside a hospital to go missing? That was easy, easy work.

Unless he didn't work in a hospital.

"They're a poor, depressed nation that survives by funding their own wars. They'll cripple over and die soon enough. You can dress it up as you like, Yoko, but you were raped. You are trying to justify as though you deserved to be." there was something she had on him - and it wasn't telling the higher ups that he was planning on killing her rapist.

"But, how do you think you'll stop me?" By this point he had now leaned forward into the conversation, and though the coffee was held firmly in his cup: it wasn't the point of focus. It was Akira's intense look.

The scene had become dangerous again.

He wouldn't be stopped: not by her, or by anybody else.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:
Jinchūriki, Stalwart Hide, Bukijutsu Maverick, Hawkeyes, Seal Weaver [Always Active]

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 20:33:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

It stung, the way he said it. What did it matter that Kirigakure's standing was lesser than their own? How could he say she was dressing it up? And then to just lay it out bare, that way, what had happened. Saying it so plainly, when she couldn't even say it to herself.

"Please don't say it," she mumbled weakly, feeling instant heat in her face. Her stomach churned with unease. She didn't want to think about it that way--so severely.

"But didn't you deserve it? You'd brought it upon yourself."

There was doubt in that, too. The more time that passed, the deeper the doubt rooted itself. She thought about Kaito again, what he'd said to her and how he'd helped her. Akira was claiming that Arizo deserved what was coming to him. As if... As if she hadn't deserved what he'd done. Like it wasn't her fault.

But it was. ...Wasn't it?

Yoko hugged her arms around herself, feeling suddenly much smaller. She couldn't answer his question honestly without speaking about the ANBU.

"It doesn't matter how," she said, avoiding eye contact, her arms tightening around her torso. "Just don't make me do it. It's not worth more bloodshed." She shook her head, memories flooding her. And then her gaze would snap to him, eyes wider, tears still threatening to fall.

"Please promise me you won't. You don't know what he's like. You don't even know how to find him, nor what he looks like. I... I shouldn't have told you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have dragged you into it, too..." More guilt. More shame. And those piercing blue eyes haunting her memory again.

She hugged herself tighter, bending her legs up to curl them closer to her body. "Don't make this worse than it is..." A soft plea. But she really doubted he would oblige it.

has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 20:48:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

"If you won't give it the reality it deserves, then I will." Akira rolled his tongue through the inside of his mouth. He'd given her her time, but he would not keep allowing her to justify another foul man's actions. Whether or not he was going about it correctly, he was also unsure of. But it was better than letting the thought take root in her mind that she'd deserved it.

She didn't. That was that.

He could see how nervous she was getting: withdrawn into herself. Uncomfortable with the situation yet going against her better nature to try and stop Akira from being on his warpath. 'Just don't make me do it. It's not worth more bloodshed.' he repeated the words in his mind. So she was talking about that.

Again, the same issue was presenting itself. He would not have it held over his head- but he couldn't leave it alone either, so this would have to come to a compromise: one of them would have to break first. As she babbled more and more while Akira stayed silent, the silence likely bringing words from her mouth. He was trying to argue with himself. The pros and the cons. He did want to do this. But she had a point: what was she to him to warrant such a response?

Even so - he was merely taking her words for it. The Jinchuuriki had seen what it had done to her plain as day.

"Then I can't see you anymore." Akira would put down the cup. "Not until you come to your senses." He'd stand up - finding his shirt and placing it on him. For now he was trying to play it by ear.

But he didn't want to hurt her, maim her or bend her to his will. Or he'd be just like her tormentor. But he couldn't stay here in Iwagakure if she was going to tell on him. But he couldn't just... leave it alone. His own pride wouldn't let him back down from the situation, the rage in his belly calling for blood.

'It'd just be fine if I let it be.'

But they both knew he wouldn't back down.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 23, 2020 21:49:46 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Why? Why couldn't he just listen? Why couldn't he see that it wasn't worth the trouble? It wasn't as though she was the only woman in Iwa ever hurt by a foreigner. Akira was making this out to be some suicide mission--he'd go after Arizo with intent to kill no matter the consequences. He didn't seem to care what it was doing to her. He didn't care that the idea of him getting hurt was hurting her. Why couldn't he let it go?

Yoko was quiet, but his next words struck a painful chord in her that made the whole room and everything in it fade away--save for him.

"Then I can't see you anymore."

Her eyes went wide, hurt and surprise etching hard into her face. "W-What?" she breathed, looking as if he'd just taken a sledgehammer to the brightest part of her world.

He wouldn't see her anymore if she didn't come to her senses? What was that supposed to mean? That he thought she was wrong? That he had a right to go slay someone for a woman he didn't even love? What sense did that make?

"And this is your fault, too," her conscience sang. "Your stupidity led to this. You should've kept your mouth shut in Kiri, but you didn't. And you should've kept your mouth shut with Akira, but you told him anyway. And look where it's gotten you."

Worse than that was the implication in her heart: He doesn't want you.

But she couldn't force him to stay, the same as she couldn't force him to do anything else. The pinkette felt her throat tighten, and for a few moments she was quiet, trying to organize the barrage of thoughts and feelings zipping around inside her head. It felt like something was breaking, a wall of glass with so many fractures that a single tap would destroy it.

And then, in the quiet, she looked to him, still hugging herself and looking like she was going to teeter right off the edge into...something. Her words were gentle, interwoven with sadness and defeat: "Please don't leave."

She was happy with him. Maybe not with one of the choices he was sticking to right now, but with him? Very. Was that really going to be taken from her? Did he care so little? Maybe it was true what that monster had told her in Kirigakure. Maybe she really was only good for satisfying men. To be good, and to keep her mouth shut, and to not involve her feelings. If only she'd not said anything at all.

Yoko didn't want him to get hurt because of her. But more than that, right now, she didn't want to be hurt more than she already was. Her stomach was in knots, and her heart felt like it was quite literally in Akira's hand, moments away from simply being shredded right in front of her.

"You getting hurt, too, I just couldn't, and--" She shook her head, knowing the concern probably wasn't enough justification for him. But she'd only argued against him because she cared. He knew that, didn't he? "--and I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what will happen if you go through with it." Almost more than she feared who'd caused the mess to begin with.

last edit by Deleted on Feb 23, 2020 22:18:38 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 24, 2020 4:04:17 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

Akira was getting ready to leave: all that it required now was putting on his shoes. She didn't like the idea - but it wasn't her call. He would turn to leave, but her words would stop him and he'd turn again, a face like thunder.

She of course didn't need to know that if he ever became the Tsuchikage, he'd slowly close out Kirigakure. They weren't friends, they weren't allies: and they weren't even players on the field of war. They were just backward savages.

And even the other villages - like Sunagakure, Kusagakure hadn't done anything so far to hurt him. But Kirigakure had, and they'd hit where it hurt. So unless things changed, or he met people that made him think otherwise, those thoughts would stay the same and entrench themselves in his mind.

One day, if he were in the reigns: he'd pull the plug on their isles.

Then there it was: of course she wouldn't be happy about it but he had to do one thing or another. But she'd effectively said that she cared for him. That was...

Sweet. In his eyes. His family had said the exact same words, but they didn't mean the same coming from them. Akira had the same feelings for other people: but perhaps not aired them out as she was.

But as it turned out, a thought rose in his mind. Then it stuck: and the man actually though it would work out. 'Yeah.' he'd made it up in his mind. He was serious enough, but it wasn't a thing of love to him. This was about doing what was right. Akira was passionate, and explained why he was emotional and a hot head, and why he couldn't just sit down and take it anymore.

"Then fetch me a brush and some ink." Akira would turn, and finally sit back down. She'd know where they were but not what for and when she returned, he would be standing again and waiting around for her.

He finally finished on her hand: around her middle finger. Not her ring: where the fuuinjutsu usually corresponded to. He would take the two pieces, putting the pot of ink on her dressing table: and dipping the brush. "Sit down." She was likely being given the thought this wasn't something normal. He'd take her hand gently - holding it up in front of him as his hand and he began to brush kanji onto her: and around her middle finger. His concentration would be found with his furrowed brows as he worked on her hand quietly.

Throughout the ordeal he was being quiet: but it didn't explain that he was also nervous and his stomach was also tight and he didn't really want to face the consequences either. But she wasn't Arashi.

He'd not wanted to do it around his own finger. A part of him savouring the idea that there was still a chance. But Yoko: she deserved it as much as anybody, and Akira would be willing to do it for any one of his friends and family.

As he went around her finger, she would see what it was he was creating. Then he would begin to do it on his own finger. "....Then. I promise I will do everything to keep myself safe." he would perform a single handseal: and all of the Kanji would begin to arrange together and take form of a ring around both of their middle fingers.

"And us." Akira would add. It wasn't a declaration of love to him. But he was clever about his words: of course he would do everything to keep himself safe. The Jinchuuriki wasn't saying anything that was different from when he'd last said it - but that declaration would help her more than anything.

Perhaps he wouldn't get through to her or get her approval, but he wouldn't visibly tell her that he'd back down either. That would be the price of his words. "I can't promise to renege on my words. But I can promise I won't do anything that will bring me to grievous harm." Akira believed in his own skills. "Are we good?" Of course he was the one saying that. Who else? He'd place a hand underneath her chin again: his index finger and thumb pressed together while he pulled her gaze to his face: and kissed her once.

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:

NAME: Kōsoku Hatō Shiru [Binding Heart Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [To Activate]
CLASSIFICATION: Fuinjutsu
REQUIREMENTS:
Tattoo Fuin Seal Around Left Second Finger/ Corresponding Seal On Other Person
DESCRIPTION:
An adaptation of the BASIC FUIN SEAL with a specific sealing in mind. The user seals a wedding vow (or written promise of intent) that is made at the time of sealing into a seal that is tattooed around the users left second finger (where a normal wedding ring would go). Then a second, identical, seal is created onto another person's second left finger so that both have matching seals. The tattoo's act as a medium to seal one another's wedding vow/promise of intent into.

Shinobi who commit to one another often choose this seal instead of wedding rings as jewellery can often get lost on the field of battle.

The seal remains in tact until one person (or both) dies, at which point both seals break and disappear as the link is severed between the two. The seal would also break if the appendage in question is chopped off or removed from the body.

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
last edit by Deleted on Feb 24, 2020 4:05:48 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 24, 2020 6:01:14 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko thought for certain he was going to walk out on her despite her small confession of sorts. It was vague, but she'd implied she cared greatly, and for all his denseness yesterday there was none of that now. He appeared to comprehend it, at least, because rather than leave, he made a request.

A brush and some ink? Yoko wanted to ask "what for," but she wasn't of the mind to argue, instead giving a nod and a quiet, "'Kay." She slid out of bed and left the room with soft, quick steps. There was a brush set in the closet along with scrolls, spare ink in varying colors, and pretty stationery with an assortment of floral designs. But as she gathered the items he wanted, her mind was buzzing with what he wanted them for.

The pinkette returned, handing over the brush and a tiny pot of black ink. She looked attentive and curious, but was quiet, sitting down on the side of the bed when she was told to.

It was as he began painting symbols around her left middle finger that she realized what he was doing. The Binding Heart Seal...

"Is he serious?" was her first thought. But then he began to work the same kanji around his own finger on the same hand. The hybrid mix of "touched" and "stunned" was as clear on her face as the ink on her hand. It wasn't lost on her that he'd not chosen their respective ring fingers--and why would he? But the vow he made to attach to the seals, well...

I promise I will do everything to keep myself safe. And us.

It was the "And us," that got her, flooding her heart with a blazing warmth hot enough to bring tears to her eyes. The stun faded into sheer joy and relief--they filled her body and her thoughts to the point she forgot for a few moments the very real anxiety she'd been suffering previously. Yoko had never had an occasion for the Heart Seal in the past. For Akira to use it now between them felt like...magic.

The sweetest, most comforting magic.

He believed in his decision that much that he'd commit it into the ink upon her flesh. And he believed in his ability to keep not just himself safe, but...the two of them.

Yoko looked down at the seal, tilting her hand around slowly to admire the kanji. Akira was dead set on going through with what he'd told her he'd do. She didn't agree with him. But this? This made things...better. The assurance that he'd come back if (or in Yoko's opinion, when) his target overwhelmed him and he realized he wouldn't win. Despite the vicious, untouchable monster that Yoko viewed Arizo to be, Akira was promising he wouldn't throw his life away on the man's blade. And that felt like a whole world taken off her shoulders.

Green eyes fixated on the seal, the woman smiling and teary-eyed, her body warm and happy and overwhelmed in such a good way. Affection was choking out the stubborn remnants of her earlier motivations to outright stop him by force--not her own, but the corps'. She'd been so determined earlier to hold fast against him, but this gesture with the seal melted it away into nothing but a whisper in the back of her mind. It made everything feel so much more "okay" the way it was and the way it'd turn out. A symbol of trust...

Akira would ask if they were "good," which was phrasing it much too casually for how she felt, but she nodded quickly, still smiling, still reeling, but clearly happy and reassured by his words. "Yeah," she said softly. "Yeah we are."

And the kiss was really the finishing touch on that promise. She felt it in her chest almost the same as she did upon her lips. When he eased away, she followed, only to kiss him again, and again, and then a third time. She wrapped her arms around him and leaned her full weight forward during another kiss, what would guide him backward and down onto the bed again.

It was clear enough what she wanted--and that she wanted it right then. If not by her repeated kisses, than by the way her hands moved over him. The pill she'd taken earlier was kicking in, leaving no room for anxiousness and instead a sweeping calm to accompany her affections and the occasional giggle.

The seals were not a fix for the political part of her argument, and she knew this. But right now, that worry seemed so far away. She would further consider it later, further consider what she would do if she actually caught wind that he was out in Mizu no Kuni making good on his murder oath. And maybe if things ate at her badly enough, she'd share a few selective words with her boss--at least, where it concerned village tensions. But that would all come later, and later was not now.

Now, she was in bed with a man she cared for, who'd just absolutely melted her heart with sweet words and a sweeter gesture, and all she cared about was how quickly she could get his clothes off. Again. Valentine's Day was over--but their time together wasn't.

has written 0 posts
Luminescence [Akira] [Private]Feb 24, 2020 21:35:55 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
Satori Akira

Akira would look down at the new ring on his finger. Subtly wondering if he should've placed it slightly higher or not. But then looking over to Yoko she was very happy. Any man could tell. From the curve of her mouth and tears in her eyes, you would've thought Akira had proposed. This was the second best thing.

The ease on his chest came to a stop when she finally gave him the affirmative that he needed for this to be dropped. He'd wink. "Good."

For now... he'd won.

Perhaps a temporary solution to a part of a bigger problem, but there wasn't anything he said that the man hadn't meant. He had every intention of keeping himself safe, both against threats in other lands and in his home, which was beginning to feel a little less like it. He'd exhale quietly, and focused his energy down towards the girl.

Her chest was burning, and although he didn't feel bad for doing what he did...It didn't feel great. Had he really been that much different from an awful man to do what he needed to do to get his way? 'Maybe I'm being too jaded.' he tried dissuading his thoughts. 'Perhaps I'm being unintentionally evil again.'

Akira would be interrupted as she grabbed at the front of her shirt and being pulled on top of him and dragged into the bed it didn't take him long for his clothes to be ripped off him again. As a reward? He couldn't tell. But for now, things were fine.

Fine.

END

INFO SHEET
ABILITIES:

JUTSU:
n/a

EQUIPMENT:
n/a
i hate that i love
has written 0 posts