Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]

compose a reply
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 21, 2020 18:48:21 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

"Then we should have some competition when we get to the beach." Kazuto replied after she had been done with the own particular explanation about the hesitancy about being away a period of time that seemed to be actually fair when it was compared to the amount of time both kept vigil in their current positions. However before he could continue talking about the idea of doing swiming on the actual open sea she would speak again and made his eyes widen as he considered her words and the difficulty that came up with learning the lore of their new clan. That was a path that he had taken as he had become more and more involved with the clan out of the imminent likelihood that he would become the next clan leader.

It had been an exhausting process as he went through learning the history of the clan, the lore and customs, ancient clan members of whom he was a descendant through the alchemic fate of the blood that coursed through his veins. He had fallen asleep through the stacks of ancient grimoires and dusting scrolls, his head had pounded with ache as he had to learn through the process of governance of a clan that truly that seemed so alien to him that he considered quitting at some point. In truth, he couldn't have said that he professed some love to the clan, at least not in the way that he did now. As he looked at her pushed the locks of hair out of her features, he gave a barely perceptible hint of a smile.

"On that regard..." He said as the smile widened. "I think I cheated." He told her as his index finger ran the length of her chin and his other hand reached towards his pocket, retrieving a folded piece of paper, the edges of the paper worn from having been opened far too many times to reveal the contents as if it were some a form of mantra unto which scripture had been written, even when he had memorized every single word and sentence used that had been scribbled upon the sheet of paper.

"My sister wrote this for me." He told his fiance before he took her hand into his and handed it to her to read. Hoping that perhaps Miho herself would find a form of encouragement in the same words that he had read again and again in order to rekindle his resolve. "Go on." He told her softly. "Read it." He said as he trusted the words that had been passed to him to the person he most loved.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,169 posts
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 22, 2020 13:12:07 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations

"Hmm?"

Hearing him seem to have cheated in some way, she'd watch as the man retrieved a letter from his person, handing it down to her as Miho would take it gently into her hands. Holding it upward, the girl would look once at Kazuto when he said who it was from, prompting her to rise up from his lap as she began to read it softly to herself. It certain seemed to explain, or at least attempt to explain, many of the short comings in her relationship with her half-brother and how she had resented him for some time. But as time passed, it seemed that such a feeling had changed, and she did indeed love him.

Continuing to read, her hand would rest upon that of her husband to be, eyes narrowed as she proceeded with the final words within the message. How the clan needed him and while he did not need to forgive what they had done to him for years, but that perhaps one day he would learned to love them as she did and she believed them to toward him.

"She trusted you to take care of the Senju Clan..."

Her expression remained calm before then looking back at the message and then at Kazuto.

"She wanted you to be strong for them and to help them..."

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 22, 2020 23:39:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"That's a way to put it." Kazuto would reply with a chuckle as he took her hand within his, pressing his fingers against the delicate hand of his fiance. He wondered truly what she thought about the letter, about the encouraging words that prompted Kazuto to meet his destiny and burden even when he felt he didn't have the nobility necessary to lead a clan as august and prominent as the Senju. Even know, when it seemed that he had grown accustomed to the lordly title and the sampling of all that the station could give either good or bad, he still felt lacking, but the words that had been scribbled gave him enough of a push to continue on.

"But, I haven't been fulfilling the wishes of my sister, have I?" The man said as he looked at her and sighed. A pang of guilt had been growing as he had seen more and more the exhaustion and stress caused by planning the wedding, and then learning all the customs of a clan that she had been foreign too, a clan that she had never expected to have a say on. All these things were that he had lived and that he had failed to consider when he had asked her to marry him. "I'm sorry I haven't helped you with the wedding... or... anything with the clan." He told her with an apologetic smile as his thumb ran on the back of her hand.

"What I mean to say is." He paused to consider his words. "I know that this is a lot of change, and like all change it is difficult. But, together we can succeed. I think my sister would be glad to know that the next lady of the Senju Clan is a compassionate person that will slap some sense in her stubborn brother." Of course he left the fact that his wife to be was someone as willful and headstrong as he was stubborn and stern, but beneath that, she was an understanding being. "Perhaps you could say, the letter was meant for both of us." He told her before he would look away as a thought came to his mind. One about the legacy of her family he cleared his throat and looked at her.

"Miho, I've been meaning to ask what will you do about your clan compound?" He tried to allow her to decide, but perhaps this was also something he could give his insight. "I know it has been difficult to leave your home since you moved, but... maybe we could have someone living in it, tending to the flowers and plants? Making sure it looks clean."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 26, 2020 8:15:33 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head

Miho would listen to the older male, her expression calm as she then held a small smile as she shook her head toward his apology for not being as helping toward their wedding plans. Honestly, he had nothing to be sorry about. The fact that she had taken it on her own wasn't something she had really opened him to, though she was starting to realize just how much of an undertaking such an event was.

"Kazuto...it isn't something you need to be forgiven for...I should have been more open to the idea of having you help in the first place. I just thought that this was something that a bride to be should be capable of doing on their own...without realizing just how much it required..."

Closing her eyes, she'd feel the hand of her future husband within her own, looking toward it as she began to speak of how he imagined that his sister would be happy to know that the next Senju Lady was compassionate, yet willing to check Kazuto if he got out of line. That last bit made her laugh slightly, a sigh escaping her lips as she let her grip tighten gently as she opened one eye to look up toward him.

"I doubt I will have to use such a heavy hand when it comes to you Kazuto..."

In nodding her head in thanks for sharing such an important letter with her, his next question would pertain to what came of her family home? As it stood, Miho was already in the process of leaving the compound completely, and while her thoughts were similar to that of Kazuto in finding a caretaker or perhaps a new resident within the complex, she had yet to find anyone that she'd be willing to let such a place go to.

"If you have someone in mind, I would be open to speaking to them...so far I have yet to..."

Miho would then let her smile fade as she continued to speak.

"I do want to let it go to someone who I know will take care of it...but I haven't found anyone yet..."

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 29, 2020 2:34:35 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Let it go?" Kazuto asked as he tried to comprehend her words. It almost made it sound that she was considering giving it away to someone that could occupy it. In a way he understood, it was the most sensible thing to do, but to give away the home of her clan, the home that she had been born in and had lived a great portion of her life seemed was to him almost an anathema. Perhaps the history that the compound had seen wasn't necessarily the happiest but it was still the history of her clan and it was history that could be learned from to not commit the mistakes of the past.

"Miho, are you just going to give it away? Pass it unto someone else?" There was some concern in his voice. He understood how import it had been. Important enough for her to try to rebuild it alone when she could have asked for help. It had been important for both as well, they had worked together to reconstruct the ruin of the clan compound and they had formed a bond there that had blossomed unto what it become now. There were many precious memories for both of them, but in the end she would be the one that made the decision.

"If that is what you decide, I understand." He said as he looked at her. "But, what about your ancestors? They're buried there are they not?" He asked her, of course that was without accounting the myriad belongings and relics they hadn't found during the reconstruction. As well of the history that the compound represented. "I'm sorry... I'm rambling with all this. Still it just feels its something that should belong in the family." He said as he understood the implications of what he believed, that it should be something that would be inherited down the line if they had children.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 29, 2020 17:49:00 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

It was certainly a tough decision to make, and even Miho wasn't sure if it was the right one. Though thankfully, the area wasn't as sacred aside from it holding the remains of the clan, and nothing more. While the group had a history within Konohagakure, it's expansion into the village hadn't been so long ago. If anything, it had actually only seventy years back.

Still, short as it had been, it was held importance to her all the same. But the fact remained that she couldn't very well try and care for it and also keep to her responsibilities. Something had to give and she'd have to make a decision.

"I know...but who would want to take care of such a place?"

Miho would hold a blank expression.

"Would any of your relatives be interested?"

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Mar 31, 2020 2:31:03 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"No." He said quickly, already knowing the answer to her question deep within himself. His grandmother was already pushing eighty and the few years she had left she would surely want to spend them within the comfort of the compound that had seen her born. Her cousin Himawari was still under house arrest and so long the village didn't trust her to just live outside the village walls just yet. Perhaps in time she would, but still she was too far away from regaining the village trust, even when he acted as her goaler. And that left his still living siblings and the idea of giving the building made him shudder. That the stewardship of such building would pass to them was never going to happen. They didn't deserve it.

"No one." He said with some resignation and sighed before he would look again as his wife to be. He understood that there was really only a realistic option left, which was to pass the compound and its grounds to another caretaker. And even if the idea brought a pang of regret, he understood why she had taken the decision, above the obvious problems with the logistics of living within the village to having to manage a compound that was on the very edge of the territory allotted to the village. He blankly looked ahead, almost as if he wished for the window to have the answer he was hoping for.

But the answer yielded no answer as he accepted. Softly he squeezed her hand and smiled at her with resignation. "It would be far better on the hands of a caretaker you choose than in the hands of my brothers." He said with a chuckle before he spoke again as he knew there was another issues attached with the passing of the compound. "What about your parents though? I don't mean to tell you should do about that, but do you think they should be be put to rest there?"

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 2, 2020 10:35:31 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

There was some disappointment in hearing that none came to mind from Kazuto, though it only made sense as his family would hardly be interested in taking care of a property had no part in their family history. Not to mention that it was really not a matter that involved them. Releasing a deep breath, Miho would then hear his next question, her eyes closing as she leaned into his shoulder, narrowing her vision as she began to speak.

"A caretaker....maybe..."

Her expression was calm, though she wasn't sure if that was the right course either. And her parents...

Putting them to rest would be appreciated, but the issue of their remains had been of regret. She had never asked what had become of them, honestly because she had assumed that they had burned along with the complex after the purge. So even if she had their bodies, so long had time passed since then that they likely were already in the ground...or a number of other means of burial.

"If they are there...I do not think another goodbye will do anything for me Kazuto...It's been years since they passed and..I honestly don't think I can take saying it again..."

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 8, 2020 1:57:49 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto would hear her and then nodded after her words. In a way he could understand, she had grieved for far too long for the people that had seen her grown and of course her parents. It wasn't an easy thing to do, specially when there were so many changes were taking in here life at such a hectic pace. He wasn't sure why he had brought that up about her parents, but perhaps he thought it as a means for her to gain some closure if she needed it and for his own regard, a final respectful honor that could be provided to two people he would never meet, not get their approval. It was something strange and quite frankly laughable. But he would have liked that, to meet them, to shake their hands and drink tea with them. He squeezed her hand and gave her a faint smile.

"I understand." He told her, before he would surround her with his arm, giving her the message that he would not bring that up again, unless she wished to discuss it. There was however another thing that they had to discuss and that it had to be done soon rather than later. Specially if the news about their engagement was soon to be a public thing. He hadn't truly thought about it, but if there was someone they needed to alert, it had to be him. "Have you told Lord Chono?" He whispered and looked at her. "Does he knows about us?" He asked softly with some curiosity.

He had gone in a mission with the man, he had found him honorable and very much the leader that he had heard during his time in the academy. The Senju had been aware of the relationship the Akimichi and his would be wife had, she looking at him as a sort of foster father and the man having taken care of her when she had been left alone. Still during the mission they had partaken there had never been indications of the man being aware of the relation that Kazuto and Miho shared, albeit he had to admit that there had been little time to discuss such affairs when they were in the midst of a mission.

"I just hope, he doesn't learn of us and about the wedding at the same time." He chuckled and looked at her with some concern. "I don't want to displease him in any way." He told her.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 10, 2020 9:08:45 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

If he was hoping for certainty within her response, Miho had none to give. In fact, this was just as much a strain on her own heart as it could be on anyone else. This was her home. She was born here, played her, learned here. But, if she were to every move on from it, she'd have to no longer live here and make it her life. It was the one choice that was perhaps more difficult than that of her deciding to get married.

Yet as the subject altered to Chono-sensei, her expression shifted to a blank one, allowing the question to linger before then nodding her head.

"I have sent him a letter as he was currently on duty at the time you proposed..I have yet to hear anything back from him..."

Miho would release a breath, allowing her gaze to linger to the distance as she continued.

"I don't think you need to worry about him being upset Kazuto..if anything, he might be rejoicing in it..he is more relaxed in such things than most would admit..."

The fact that the man was indeed much like family wasn't unknown to Kazuto. Miho had spoke of him often, as being a more than guiding light after the death of her parents, clan and even that of her teacher.

"I am certain that he will be in attendance..."

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 15, 2020 2:27:05 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"I'm glad." Kazuto would tell his fiance with a smile. It was good that there would be someone for her at the wedding beyond the common friends and acquaintances that they had made from their positions within the village as well as due the circumstances that they had lived. The man was a figure of experience and power, someone that he respected as a shinobi but of what Miho had told him, the Senju respected him even more as a man. He had aided his beloved during the darkest periods of her life and for that he had to be thankful, as he could only fathom of what she would be doing had he not intervened.

"Still... I feel I should've asked him before the vacation." He told her, even if she had reassured him that he would be more than accepting, joyous even, the Senju could not shake this sense of wrongness of not having asked first. He didn't regret asking, nor what came after. Simply, he had wished that he had done so in a proper manner. He sighed and shook his head giving Miho a reluctant smile. "But we can't grief for spilled milk, can we? No use on brooding on that if he's going to instantly forgive me and pat me in the back with enough force to fracture my bones." He said with a chuckle. "Luckily I know a skilled medic. So the injury won't be so bad."

His gaze turned towards what they were discussing, the continuing preparations for the wedding. There wasn't much else that could be worked upon, some of the times were already taken care. Specially if Yusuke was involved with the reception and the catering. And since the honeymoon details seemed already agreed upon, he could imagine that there were very few things he could discuss. Then his eyes stumbled upon the final item that had been left without consideration and that he had briefly discussed with Inoyami when he had informed her about the wedding when he delivered the carved dray he had promised her "What about flowers? Have you chosen them?" He said as he turned to look at her. "I suppose there's no chance I can convince you to run with cherry blossoms?"

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 15, 2020 10:36:37 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"If it is of comfort to you...He would at the very least give you a head start in preparing for combat..."

A smile crossed her lips as she considered the possibility that perhaps such a thing should have been said to Chono upon his proposal. But then, in the state in which the man had been in, he may very well have been nervous of the whole affair and perhaps even had forgotten to inquire on such things.

"Though I think you should still speak with him...he is like...family...and I know that he would still be greatly honored that you considered him in asking..."

While Miho grew more comfortable within the embrace of the shinobi, she'd soon jolt herself upward, hearing of the flowers as she smacked herself upside the forehead in forgetting.

"GAH! Kami! I didn't even...How could I forget that!"

Almost in a panic, she'd scamper over to the magazines once more, taking one of them into her hands as she began flipping through the pages as she scanned them swiftly. At the suggestions of cherry blossoms, she'd hold a blank expression.

"Ah...Well...those would be perfect actually...."

With an almost exasperated look on her face, the young female would allow her shoulders to slump before releasing a heavy breath.

"I'm becoming a unstable bride..."

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 16, 2020 14:39:56 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Becoming?" Kazuto smirked, before he placed both hands on her shoulders and began to softly press fingers unto her flesh. He was sure that he was about to get a playful look from her accompanied by a sarcastic laugh. But the truth of the matter was that both of them were out of their depth in this situation. He was starting to come to terms with the staggering amount of details and minutia in the preparation of wedding. Even if the affair didn't seem to necessarily be something large, he almost thought that preparing a siege was child's play compared to what his fiance had been enduring. "It is fine, you've been doing this by yourself, it is only natural you forgot."

He would allow for a moment to pass as he worked down the tension that had retaken a hold upon her shoulders. If anything the fact that he would be doing his part in regards of the planning made him feel better, at least that he was helping her, removing a weight from her shoulders. "Why don't we just leave this for the day?" He softly suggested as he took the magazine from her hands, tossing it behind them. "I think you need to relax." He told her as continued to knead her shoulders. "Would you like me to prepare you a bath?" He offered, knowing that she had a long and arduous day, perhaps even arduous as his own.

"But from now on, let me help you with the planning. I'll even create the flowers myself." He told her before leaning in for a kiss, embracing her as he tried to comfort her and he smiled. "At the very least we are going to be over our heads on this together." He said and looked at her with a hint of a smile upon his features.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 17, 2020 10:01:03 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

A sheepish smile came over her at the confirmation of this possible lapse in her psyche, followed by the feeling of his hands upon her shoulders, gently deepening their touch as she felt her tension, despite it's recent rise, to slowly dwindle once more as he mentioned that it was only natural for her to forget something having been at this on her own for so long.

"Perhaps...though it is just so simple a thing to decide upon..."

As Miho was looking over the different arrangements once more, she'd feel the edge of the magazine leaving her grasp, Kazuto's suggestion of them leaving the matter for the day followed by his eased toss of it behind them. Almost ready to groan at the suggestion for the need to relax, especially with still so much to do as it was, the medic would give in as Kazuto seemed to offer to run her a bath, prompting her to nod before closing her eyes at the mention that she would no longer proceed with doing any more of this on her own and that they would work together on it.

He even offered to grow the flowers himself, causing Miho to pout slightly at the reminder that out of the two of them, he was blessed with the green thumb.

"I guess I can give in to that as well..."

Closing her eyes briefly, she allowed one to open with her arms crossed, kissing him back as her smile returned to show that she would be okay. At the very least, as he had mentioned, they would be over their heads together in all of this.

"True...I'm sorry..I could always take being shunned for the worst wedding in the village if it's you I'm to be sharing such a title with.."

Turning her head upward to kiss him once more, she'd hold his arms with her own, his embrace still around her as she leaned into him.

"I still can't believe we're only months away from it..."

Doubling Down, Wedding Confirmations[Kazuto]Apr 19, 2020 3:26:51 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

He closed his eyes as he felt her lean unto him, using his chest as a pillow, her arms holding his in the midst of their embrace. Silence was short lived as she would voice her disbelief as how the inexorable pass of time seemed to take them closer and closer to the day they would marry. He opened his eyes and looked at his fiance, a chuckle escaping his lips as he leaned his head against hers. "Honestly." The Senju would whisper. "There are a few things I still quite can't believe." He told her as he expected her to shift her gaze to him.

"The wedding for sure." He said quietly. Knowing that time was passing, speeding up and almost gathering momentum in his perspective, until the day they had decided upon would soon arrive as the strange mixture of nervousness and anticipation began to grow within him. He was sure that she felt the same, perhaps showing it more than he would allow himself to show. But there was still a reason for him to be sure that he was awakened. "But I have to remind myself on how lucky I am to have you." He told her as he would grant her faint smile at her.

"I know, Miho, that I'm not the easiest person to interact with. I can be too quiet, too stern. But you were able to see beyond that and accept me for who I'm. Even with my stubbornness." He said, pausing before he would continue. "Before I had known you, I had accepted that the likelihood of finding someone was unlikely. Life was grim, it wasn't really living, just waiting for the next assignment." He said before he brought his right hand to her, pulling the sleeve to reveal a red thread, its shine fade but still intact, fastened around his wrist as she had placed it when they had become a couple and that he hadn't taken off. "You helped me to become a better man." He said, allowing silence only a few instances to exist before he would twist his lips into a smile. "I can't also quite believe you convinced me to read those smutty books of yours." He told her with a teasing tone.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS