Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]

compose a reply
Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 3, 2020 18:46:41 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
I'd very much rather bend than break.
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday Jan 28 rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 2 Member

If it wasn't for her parents, Suzume would have been more than content to mope around at home in her free time, venturing out into the harsh outside world only for sustenance and missions. Of course, that was no way for a 'proper Hatake' to behave, so mustering up her willpower, she forced herself to head out onto the bustling streets of Konohagakure. She meandered about for some time, simply taking in the cool morning air before finally deciding that she'd best do something a bit more productive with her time. Moving at a brisk pace, Suzume adjusted her course so that she was headed towards the nearest training field, hoping deep down that it would be vacant. It was so much more stressful to train with an audience, and it was worse when someone came up and even offered to train with her.

It took a few minutes to arrive at her destination, and unfortunately it seemed that Suzume's hopes hadn't come true. There was already one other person hard at work on the field, and as luck would have it, it was the chuunin's own operations team leader. She stopped in her tracks, hesitating as he considered simply turning around and moving to a different training field, but it was at that moment that Satoshi turned around, making eye contact with the woman. With a sigh, Suzume gave into societal conventions, closing the distance between herself and her team leader with heavy steps. Her posture was as hunched as always, and she had trouble maintaining eye contact with significantly taller shinobi, but she still pushed herself to greet the man first.

"Ahm... hello Satoshi-san... I see you're training hard... I don't want to bother you so..."

It would have been rude to make eye contact and simply leave, but now that she had at least said hello, there was still the chance she could wriggle her way out of this situation.

Yamato has written 68 posts
Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 3, 2020 20:04:35 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday June 27th rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 2 Leader
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Seeing as he hadn’t been called upon that meant that it was another training day for Satoshi. That’s why the Nara found himself spending most of his day in a training field. Slowly exhaling a breath as he completed one of the forms of his taijutsu style he mentally checked how close the familiar presence was, that he had sensed a bit ago.

Doing a stretch to cooldown a bit and seeing as the Hatake was close enough Satoshi finally turned his head in her direction. He had already figured out the hesitance she had to approach but now he also had visual confirmation on her mulish expression. He also knew her enough by now to know that she was left with no option but to approach since he had acknowledged her.

Withholding a wry smile at her attitude the Nara waited for his teammate to close the distance. At first when he had met Suzume after she had been assigned to his team he had wondered how it was that she was one of the few other people that managed to get along with Sada but after a while he had gotten used to her presence and he could say they got along and could also see why that was.

After letting her finish her greeting Satoshi would smile in her direction before saying.

"Mahh It’s fine Suzume. You are never a bother. I presume you were looking for a place to train? If so, you can stick around, it has been a bit since we trained together so we should do something.”

It was maybe a bit mean of him to ask like that since he was pretty sure she wouldn’t backdown form joining him due to it. She probably wouldn’t have in the first place if he didn’t turn her away but with that phrasing it was almost sure that she would stay.

Already expecting a positive response to his question Satsohi would close the distance a bit more and lean somewhat in order to focus his gaze on Suzume’s face. The reason was mostly to check how deep the circles under her eyes were. Satisfied with what he saw the nara would speak up again.

"How was sleep today? You got enough or one of the rougher days?”

SA:
Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye]
After exploring his innate sensory abilities and thanks to his perfect chakra control Satoshi was able to unlock the Kagura Shingan. This ability allows him to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. His able to achieve this effect by focusing and opening his mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost Satoshi is able to keep it active passively at all times (Range is 15km) and increase the range even more with the use of the jutsu(25km). The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including him, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, Satoshi can perceive its location and movement with great detail allowing him to track the movements of even those that are faster than him.

LazyNeko has written 245 posts
Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 3, 2020 21:08:06 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

For the third time that day, Suzume's hopes were dashed away, this time in the form of a pleasant smile and a casual offer to train together. The woman wanted to refuse, she wanted to say that Satoshi was wrong, say 'no,' and then walk away but...

"Oh um, yes you're right... I suppose that it has been awhile... and it wouldn't hurt to train together..."

Dammit. Why was it so hard for her to turn things down? Something she had struggled with for as long as she could remember, but there was nothing she could do about it now. Even though she was already hunched over, she couldn't help but try to curl up even more as Satoshi drew even closer, leaning in to look at her face. Her indigo eyes flickered from left to right in an attempt to avoid eye contact, but she inevitably found herself meeting the man's curious gaze for at least a second, which seemed to cause him to finally pull back away. Only for him to follow up with an even worse subject: the quality and quantity of Suzume's sleep. Hell, going back to training talk was preferable.

"Well... it was okay... I definitely could've gone for a few more minutes..."

That was a lie. Suzume winced thinking about how many hours she had wasted staring at the ceiling the night before, but like with a lot of her life's struggles, there wasn't much she could do about it. Shaking her head, Suzume waved aside the issue, diverting the conversation back to the less uncomfortable topic of training.

"If you really want to train with me... I've been trying to learn the Kagami Yaiba technique, if you know what that is, but it's kind of hard to practice on my own..."

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 6, 2020 22:35:27 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

And there it was the agreement to his request. It still made him wince on the inside and while he gotten used to it over the years he couldn’t say that something in his gut didn’t twist a bit at the knowledge he was causing her such discomfort at the moment. It was in a way an indefinite and ongoing project for him to try and make Suzume more comfortable with him and the team as a whole, to see the glimpses of the steel that laid beyond more regularly and to have her break out of her shell at least around them.

Flashes of blond hair and memories about past teammates stayed his hand from pushing and probing too far. He just couldn’t do it. That also part of why when he sensed the lie in her answer about how well she had slept Satoshi didn’t push the issue but instead smiled in her direction though the expression was a bit forlorn at the edges.

"That’s good.”

They had worked together enough for the hatake to know that people couldn’t really lie to him anymore and in a way him not pointing it out was the olive branch of dropping the matter for now. There would be another time for that. Instead he listened to what she wanted to practice on. He had vague familiarity of the technique and voiced as much.

"Yeah I have heard of it. So we starting from scratch or have you had some practice with it already?”

Knowing he would soon be getting back to training Satoshi began to do some more stretches while he questioned Suzume.

"As I said I do know rudimentary what the technique does but I wouldn’t mind additional information. I presume were starting with stationery practice before moving to more advance things?”

He finished the question by taking out a shuriken and spinning it in his hand.

SA:
After exploring his innate sensory abilities and thanks to his perfect chakra control Satoshi was able to unlock the Kagura Shingan. This ability allows him to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. His able to achieve this effect by focusing and opening his mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost Satoshi is able to keep it active passively at all times (Range is 15km) and increase the range even more with the use of the jutsu(25km). The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including him, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, Satoshi can perceive its location and movement with great detail allowing him to track the movements of even those that are faster than him.

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 8, 2020 22:14:48 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

The matter of sleep was, thankfully, dropped, giving Suzume a bit of relief. Her back straightened just a little when the two fully committed to talking about training, her mood clearly improving, even if just a bit. Satoshi confirmed that he was at least a bit familiar with the technique that she wanted to practice, but he also wanted to gauge just how comfortable Suzume was with the jutsu herself.

"I would say... from scratch... essentially. I can block projectiles okay but sending them back is... impossible for me..."

As usual, Suzume was selling herself short. Her skills with the tanto were more than stellar, and she could stop incoming projectiles without so much as batting an eye. She was right about not being able to send them back, however. The motions for reflecting projectiles were far more complex than simply blocking or sending them to the side, and she was more than happy to start the training off with as simple an exercise as possible.

"I'd appreciate some stationary practice first... though... are you sure? I wouldn't want you to get hurt..."

Suzume was reasonably worried for her teammate's health. The technique did involve sending the shuriken back at the enemy, and while she didn't doubt her team leader's abilities to take care of himself, there was always the slight chance that something went wrong and somebody's eye got poked out. Even as she voiced her concerns, however, the woman's hand reached back for her weapon, resting itself on the handle of Daitan-sa, the shorter of her two tanto. The presence of Satoshi's shuriken was enough to stir her shinobi instincts, her body moving of its own accord to prepare for a possible attack, no matter how unlikely it was.

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 17, 2020 21:39:25 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Satoshi noticed her stance shift but didn’t comment on it as she replied to his question. Instead he nodded his head in affirmation to having to start from scratch. Plans in his head shifted and adjusted as he thought what the best method to approach this was.

Blocking was the easy part and he knew Suzume had that in the bag. He did withhold the comment, of her being more then okay, back knowing that it would have just fallen on deaf ears currently or well just in general.

He could also just start chucking the shuriken at her with abandon even at this moment and say that it’s an efficient way to do so and adding the element of surprise will help her down the line. That wouldn’t be exactly productive though. Maybe later on but not right now.

Something he was learning was that different people should be approached with different training methods when teaching them or helping them practice. Satoshi wasn’t too caught up in his musing though to hear her agreement to stationary practice. So with a grin in her direction he spoke up.

"Stationary it is and don’t worry I’m nimbler then I look. Besides it will be good practice for me as well no?”

The corners of his mouth would stretch up a bit more at seeing the Hatake reach for her weapon in preparation. None the less he would still pose the question.

"You ready? We can start with only a couple of throws to test it out.”

Satoshi would wait for a few moments to get an answer out of her and if positive he would act. He couldn’t throw it too fast to start but it also shouldn’t be too slow so aiming for a moderate speed was best. Where he should aim for was also important. Doing some quick mental calculations, he was ready.

He flicked the shuriken that was in hand towards Suzume’s center mass. He had seen her block a lot of projectiles since they started working together so Satoshi angled at the optimal angle that would make it more comfortable for her to react to it.

Not taking it too lightly his body would also tense in preparation for him to dodge should the shuriken be reflected back towards him. Regardless of the outcome he would wait a moment for his teammate to get her bearings before nodding and reaching for another shuriken and repeating the motions a few more times.

SA:

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 22, 2020 23:43:53 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

Suzume would have been perfectly fine if Satoshi had simply answered her question with a sudden barrage of projectiles, jumping right into the training she had requested. Of course, he didn't, and that minor courtesy did do quite a bit to lift her spirits. That improvement didn't quite show on the outside, however, though Suzume was sure that Satoshi would've perceived it in some sort of way with his uncanny sensory ability. She nodded her head just once when her team leader asked if she was ready, her free hand pre-emptively held just a bit out to the side to aid in balance once they really started with their training session.

As soon as he was sure that Suzume was ready, the Nara shinobi sent the first shuriken her way at a fair speed, aimed directly for her center mass. Without even thinking about it, the woman withdrew her tanto from its sheathe right when the shuriken was just in front of her, her tanto nothing more than a bright flash as she knocked the ninja tool harmlessly to the side. She hadn't even come close to sending the projectile back in Satoshi's direction, causing Suzume to exhale heavily through her nose. It was hard to break an action that had been drilled so heavily into her mind, the hours of practicing deflecting projectiles now coming back to bite her. If she had been training on her own, this might've been the point where she gave up, but seeing as she wasn't... Doing her best to dismiss her discouragement, Suzume held herself steady as Satoshi threw a few more shuriken her way, one after the other. Each time, the woman had to fight her instincts to simply swat the projectiles randomly off to the side, though she wasn't all too successful, and only one of her attempts came even remotely close to sending a shuriken towards Satoshi.

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 28, 2020 9:16:25 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Satoshi was glad to see his chosen method was appreciated as he began throwing shuriken at Suzume. It was also unsurprising to see his teammate react so swiftly and deflect the projectiles. Of the few he threw in her direction only one came remotely close to him, managing to land a few feet away from him.

It wasn’t that bad of a first try honestly. Especially since she had to fight those ingrained habits of having to block instead of redirect. Breaking them or well more adjusting to something new was probably going to be a bit difficult at first for her.

Humming Satoshi thought of ways to ease the process but some of the stuff that was coming to mind he wasn’t sure would correlate to this or if be a good enough method. For a brief moment the nara mulled on the matter before deciding that he might as well share it.

After all something is better than nothing and Satoshi was aware enough that just constantly repeating something with no other input would dishearten the Hatake. She wouldn’t quit of course but he would rather not have her be in worse mood then she had started with.

"Well I did figure this might cause some issue but I do have an idea that might help hopefully. It’s possible you were already somewhat thinking like that but maybe try to separate the two concepts in your head. Blocking is blocking but think of redirecting the shuriken back to me as if you are trying to learn and use a brand new jutsu and not adjusting something you already know how to do.”

Taking a pause to rub his chin in contemplation he would continue to speak.

"The mental separation of the two things might be more helpful right now and show some faster progress maybe. I am honestly not fully sure of this since it’s something more of a ninjutsu mindset when it comes to learning new techniques. I am also not sure of its merits long term but that can also be ironed out if you want to try this.”

By the time he finished talking he would have reached for a few more shuriken. Satoshi would wait for his teammate’s opinion and thoughts on the matter. Unless any adjustment or request had been made he would suggest another couple of tries to her before proceeding to throw a few more projectiles at Suzume much like he had already done once.

SA:

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 28, 2020 18:59:10 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

Contrary to most people's preferences, Suzume would've been more than content with monotonously practicing until she got it right. That was the way she had gotten so proficient with her tantos, but that didn't necessarily mean it was the most effective form of training. Satoshi knew this, and a pause came up in their rhythm, prompting Suzume to tilt her head in confusion? Was he about to berate her about something? It wouldn't be the first time she got scolded for under-performing, but thankfully the Nara was more constructive than some of the other people she knew. Her indigo eyes peered through the gaps of her long bangs and remained steady on Satoshi as he gave his own insight on the matter, and at the end of his explanation Suzume found herself nodding in agreement.

"I guess that makes sense... I'll try to clear my mind my buki preconceptions then..."

Separate the concepts... okay I can do that. Shifting back into position, Suzume made an a more conscious effort to focus on Satoshi this time around. Before, she had been concentrating solely on the shuriken, but maybe if she kept her eyes on her target, her body would naturally deflect the projectiles in that direction? Like riding a bike: look where you want to go. This change in mindset seemed to do the trick. Suzume expertly swung at the next few shuriken that Satoshi threw, but this time, each one got closer and closer to the man's position, though they went flying back more in an arc, losing their spin and speed as they were deflected back. These small improvements actually managed to surprise Suzume, and a brief flickering of a smile formed on her lips, though she hastily wiped the look off her face.

last edit by Hatake Suzume on Apr 28, 2020 18:59:54 GMT -5
Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 28, 2020 19:33:58 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Satoshi was glad to see that his teammate was willing to try out his method in order to see if it worked. A part of him slightly uncoiled at that as he did have a slight worry about the whole helping thing as always even if nothing showed on the outside. He liked to think he was better at hiding his deeper layers of worries and insecurities. Came with being a leader and all that supposedly.

Still the nara did send a small grin in her direction in appreciation of the agreement. It was also sort of a risk to do it and probably a bit weird for her but hey that was sort of the point in training sometimes.

Seeing that other perspective could reveal things you hadn’t seen before. That didn’t mean it always worked but they could adjust if that was to happen.

There seemed no need to worry so much though as the Hatake’s next attempts at deflecting proved to be way more successful. Oh none of them exactly reached him but it was certainly a lot of progress for sure. His own grin morphed into a small pleased smile upon seeing the surprised face of Suzume though it did quickly gain edges of amusement upon seeing her wipe off her own smile swiftly.

He wouldn’t say anything but his teammate would be able to spot his face and be able to figure out what exactly was running thought his mind. It was not malicious in nature and hopefully Suzume wouldn’t read it as that but just as the positive emotion at the success that it was.

"That was good want to try a few more times again?”

If she was agreeable to it the nara would nod his head and pick up a few more shuriken but before he threw them he decided to throw in another suggestion.

"Want me to throw one or two at slightly different angles and see how that goes?”

Depending on the answer Satoshi would either just repeat what he had been doing until now and throw them normally or if accepted some of the projectiles he would twist the direction of and throw them at slightly different angles.

SA:

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 29, 2020 21:20:20 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

Despite how quickly she had wiped the smile off of her own face, it had inevitably been noticed by Satoshi, whose own face flashed with a smiliar expression. It was a feedback loop of positive emotions that almost caused the woman to smile yet again, but she held her discipline much tighter this time around, managing to keep a stoic expression as the Nara complimented her attempts before asking if she'd like to continue. Like before, Suzume would readily agree, though Satoshi quickly followed up the question with another, asking if she'd like some variation in the angles. To that the Hatake would agree as well, nodding her head slowly and giving simple verbal confirmation.

"Uhm... if it's just one or two, yes please."

It didn't really show, but now that she was showing progress towards mastering the technique, the woman was eager to keep on practicing, and each pause made her feel as though her accrued experience would atrophy away. Thankfully, Satoshi got right back to throwing the shuriken her way, and as offered, a handful of the shuriken began coming in from slightly offset angles, their spin allowing them to fly in curves rather than straight lines. Inadvertently, it was these offset angles that helped Suzume solve the issue of simply 'lobbing' back the shuriken. Because they came in slightly from the side, when the Hatake struck them back towards Satoshi, they retained most of their spin and momentum. After accidentally sending one of the shuriken back towards her team leader, Satoshi would find himself now needing to dodge most of the shuriken he flung towards Suzume, as she finally figured out how to make them retain, and for a few of them gain, speed on their way back.

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]Apr 30, 2020 10:54:25 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Seeing her agreement Satoshi would have launched the next volley of shuriken at her with the agreed mix up throw in it. That seemed to do the trick as the Hatake not only parried but managed to throw them back at him.

Thankfully not only he hadn’t thrown them too hard but they also hadn’t picked up extra speed as the flew back towards him. Because of that it was relatively ease to doge the first one or two by simply leaning to the left and right.

As the rest came back the Nara had to pivot on his foot so he could angle his body sideways in order to move away from the shuriken. Turning his body back to face Suzume he quickly said.

"Oho you are getting there. That was pretty good one.”

Things were going well and such Satoshi decided he might continue with the suggestions that steadily ramped up. So he quickly followed up with.

"You starting to get comfortable with it so let’s do it like this a few more times while I throw an increasing amount of odd angles and see how it goes. After that we can move to a bit more complex stuff.”

If she agreed, he would repeat the throws a few more times in order to get her used to the tempo. His body would be tense and in be preparation to doge the projectiles that would no doubt come back at him much like they had just done. After all he was sure they would pick up speed as well so it would pay to be prepared.

As soon as they finished another round of that he would add on another thing they could try.

"Alright we should start adding in some motion if you want. I’ll start circling your one or two tires you can try moving in my direction as well. How does that sound?”

If she agreed, he would proceed to do what he suggested and throw shuriken at her while moving.

SA:

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]May 1, 2020 15:40:05 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

Fortunately, for both Satoshi's physical health and Suzume's mental health, the Nara was more than capable of evading the shuriken that were succesfully sent towards his position. The Hatake found herself nearly horrified when the last of the shuriken had nearly found its mark, though it was hard to tell for certain if Satoshi was cutting it close on purpose or not. Another pause came in the training as the man suggested just a few more simple repetitions with only a variation in the angles, which Suzume agreed to without a fuss. More shuriken were sent from the man's position, and Suzume managed to send all but one of them hurtling back toward's Satoshi. Suffice to say, her skill with the technique was beginning to hit its limit, at least with a stationary target, which Satoshi took into consideration.

Introducing yet another pause to the exercise, the Nara suggested that they up the difficulty by another level, this time adding movement to the equation. She was a bit hesitant to be ramping up the complexity so quickly, but she trusted Satoshi to temper the difficulty in a way that best suited her, so she nodded her head in agreement.

"I'm ready Satoshi-san."

As soon as she gave the green light, the man began moving slowly around her, resuming his shuriken throwing at a slow pace. By this point, she had nailed the act of hitting the shuriken so they retained their spin, but now that Satoshi was moving they whizzed harmlessly behind him. Suzume wasn't dismayed, however, as it was a simple fix. She simply had to account for her target's constant movement and adjust the return angle accordingly. With each subsequent shuriken returned, the projectiles got just a bit closer to hitting Satoshi, but it was around here that Suzume seemed to hit another roadblock.

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]May 2, 2020 19:02:33 GMT -5
Nara Satoshi
Nara Satoshi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
This is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Idly noting that he eventually had to make Suzume drop the honorific from his name Satoshi went one doing what he had suggested to her after she agreed. It did seem everything was progressing nicely even when he started moving around in a try to increase the difficulty.

Though even if the accuracy was increasing none of the shuriken were exactly reaching him yet. Some did get close but it was not something you would consider combat effective. The nara did also note that Suzume was quick to figure out the needed adjustments in her head but bukijutsu was her specialty so that was to be expected even if they were not exactly enough.

She must have been coming to the same realization as well since she was so focused on the task and would be able to notice it. Thinking on what might help with the current roadblock Satoshi paused in his walking but this time he didn’t entirely stop throwing shuriken at her even if the interval between them was longer.

They were reaching a stage that it wouldn’t be too much of a problem for him to do that as he thought on the current matter at hand. It was added bonus of serving as just another form of practicing for the technique. Turning the idea in his head a bit more he would finally speak up between one of the throws.

"Well adjustments you were making as I walked were pretty good but it does feel like they would have only reached me if I stopped walking by the time you had redirected them. We could try to test out if that is true.”

Satoshi would throw another shuriken in between saying that before continuing to talk some more.

"As for actually hitting me you could try and throw in some predictions on where I’ll move to. That is a bit vague and not easy to do though. Try and observe my body and determine what direction I’m more likely to move in. Doesn’t need to be big predictions just the general direction and adjust the throw a bit to that.”

He would pause to see what input Suzume would to that before actually trying it out. If it was agreed, he would repeat the throwing in motion they had just done but make sure he was going clockwork in an effort to increase the chances of prediction and her doing a better redirection at hm.

SA:

Starting With the Woman in the Mirror [Training | Satoshi]May 4, 2020 3:11:13 GMT -5
Hatake Suzume
Hatake Suzume Avatar
groupnull

While she was getting closer to hitting Satoshi as he moved around her, the two Konoha shinobi both seemed to notice her skill hitting a bit of a wall. To address the situation, Satoshi came to a stop, though he continued to throw shuriken at a slower pace, allowing Suzume to remain warmed-up as they discussed what could be done to help her get over the barrier. His first theory was immediately proved true as he threw another shuriken, which Suzume sent back at dangerous speeds. She was quite adept at sending them back at stationary targets now, and if he wasn't moving, it even was something she could do without thinking now. Another shinobi star sent her away, and just as quickly sent back. Satoshi then presented his next set of advice, which immediately struck her with an emotional crit.

She had already been attempting to do just that, so she interpreted Satoshi's obviously well intentioned suggestion as a passive aggressive sort of jab at her failings as a shinobi. Even if the Nara was consistently nice to her, she couldn't help but see things with a negative outlook. Jab or not, her answer would be the same, though, a nod and some verbal confirmation before getting right back to the training.

"I'll... try my best Satoshi-san."

Hilariously enough, or sadly depending on who you asked, negative reinforcement worked the best on Suzume, and once Satoshi resumed his movements and shuriken throwing, he'd find himself needing to evade the returned ninja tools after only a few bad tries.