compose a reply
02 | Homecoming (c) Aug 15, 2020 16:21:29 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Where next?

His soul had yearned for another while in the afterlife: the purgatory. It was Yoko that he'd wanted. Akira hadn't thought much of his family, and they were present in his heart. They had crossed his mind but not to the same extent. After seeing Asako, and.. the strangeness of it all had found him at the family home for the next hour. The rest of his family would be finding out shortly enough as Asako had gone out, but Akira had affirmed to the woman that he needed to go elsewhere as well.

Now, changed into a much more cleaner look of a burnt orange t-shirt and black cargo trousers, and black boots, he set out. Nobody had quite noticed him so much yet, but the orange hair would be a dead giveaway to anybody. This was going to be his day and it was integral. So important, that he did it right the first time around. Do so much better than his past life, and that meant coming to terms with the things that stayed there for him.

So, some time later the man had finally gotten to his next destination out of three in his day. Everything else was coming together and hopefully this would as well. Did he know if Yoko was in? No. But even if she wasn't she would find him in quiet solitude as he waited by her front door, sat outside the front and waiting peacefully as he himself even came to the terms of his new engagement with life. Reflection on the rules.

But that would not be necessary.

Akira saw her in the front window, and her face: Akira licked his lips as he saw her. Soft eyed, joy and pain building in his own chest as he did: she was doing something in the kitchen. But any reasonable Shinobi would be able to see his own approach as his feet began to take him closer and forward. So he began to walk up the front garden, taking a moment to see the flowers.

And he would be spotted: there - perhaps with a blind terror or surprise, that she would either be doubting her own vision in a similar fashion that Asako had, or that she simply would see it as being a trick. That was going to be a repeated conversation, he could tell.

Akira knocked on the front door politely, not quite so brazen to just step inside. To see her home, to see Yoko in the flesh once more, and once again.

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS & THQ
has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Oct 15, 2020 14:58:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

At some point that day, Yoko had dragged herself downstairs. What time? She didn't know. Didn't care. She'd poured herself a glass of wine, taken a pill, and essentially wandered the house for roughly an hour, finding small things to do or clean. And then, at some point in the afternoon, she'd made her way into the kitchen. She wasn't hungry--she hadn't felt hungry in three days--but she thought to prepare food anyway. Simple habit.

She was dressed in a simple thin (very thin) light pink dress that looked more like a robe than anything, tied at the waist with a gray sash. She was barefoot, breathing shallow, ears deadened to the noise outside as she chopped away at a few carrots. Her gaze never wavered from the cutting board...until movement caught her peripherals.

She glanced up through the window and felt her heart drop in a mix of fear and fury. She spent only a moment stunned, wide-eyed. And then she was at the door, opening it to the man's arrival with an expression of hurt and disbelief.

The knife was still in her hand.

"Who dares," she growled, eyes locked on his. "Who dares come to my home impersonating the dead!" She sounded angry but her hands were shaking. And her eyes, in such poor shape they were, reddened yet from another night spent crying instead of sleeping. She was pale and her heart was pounding and her stomach felt sick.

What kind of monster would show up at her doorstep pretending to be her dead lover? Did he understand what kind of death sentence that was? Did he understand the torture he was asking for?

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Enhanced Chakra Control
❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: Oh gooossshhhh

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Oct 18, 2020 8:01:32 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Already in walking up the path Akira could see her, already feeling the coldness at his very fingertips - not quite yet reaching clamminess but it was certainly heading there. She spotted him and in those micro expressions he found, his heart grew fuller: not in a good way, because it was instantly in his throat and whatever he had been planning to say went out of his head.

A lot of what Akira thought he would be saying had left his mouth by the time he saw Yoko raging at him. As he had expected it to: like there couldn't be any other response and it made perfect sense. But still, it gave rise to a choke of emotion in his throat. It didn't help with her voice as well - but of which he couldn't blame her.

He did step back from the door, a mix of adrenaline and fear from her justified rage - looking behind him momentarily as he made sure to keep his balance. What was it he was going to say? He did have something in mind. An evil deed, was it for someone to impersonate the dead so - though such morality was lightly excused in the face of a mission, doing it so blatantly in front of Yoko would end in death or dismemberment in front of her. But he wasn't playing: this was him in the flesh, but it was proving that that made difficult.

"People don't come back-- but I did." his open palmed hand over the middle of his chest, fingers spread out across them. His voice unsteady, though no more to giving evidence than his first meeting. It was somehow easier to tell his sister that he had come back than it was to Yoko. "Wait, no, I'di-i'd prepared something but it's gone." he didn't fancy getting stabbed. "I. Um... uh..."

But there was purpose to him being there. Jihi had willed him to survive and that filled him with confidence. He was still here, and he was the one who had pushed the casket open. His eyes searching for any quick answer. And there it was, directly in front of him. Well: to his side. With one big breath, he could take the time to look her: really look her in the eyes and tell her exactly what he knew.

"Go safely on your journey with deep love, beauty and strength." he pointed outward toward the garden. What he'd said to her directly, only the two of them. Well, perhaps two plus ANBU - if that were considered. But it greatly limited who it could've been in any other fashion. A small plea by the nature of his voice at the time, wanting to be believed.

It did hurt his heart to see what had befallen her in these weeks since past (but even Akira didn't know that yet) nor the horror story she had yet to recognise, on finding out about his life. Seeing her there, looking unwell as anything. She was already a woman who didn't eat very much, and any grieving person would likely not be doing any more of it... so it had compounded on her. But she wasn't quite ready, or believing, to accept the returned man in her arms.
has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Oct 28, 2020 7:39:19 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Akira's initial response wasn't encouraging. People didn't come back from the dead but "somehow" he had. No no. No. That wasn't possible. If it was possible to raise the dead, Yoko would've found a way to do it. Medicine was her whole life.

This man was a liar.

Piercing rage didn't falter, the sickly looking pinkette glaring at him and just about waiting for her unwelcome guest to slip up in just the right way to earn that knife through his chest. Instead, he stepped back and began stumbling over his words. He'd "prepared" something? What could he have possibly prepared other than his own death sentence by coming here?

But his next statement hit her like a ton of bricks: "Go safely on your journey with deep love, beauty and strength."

That's what Akira had said to her in her front garden.
That's what he'd said when he was still alive.

Sure, the man had had a tail on him, but Yoko had always been acutely aware of that tail, and they'd not been in ear shot of them when they'd been planting flowers together that afternoon. It'd just been her, her love, and Kawa. The snake couldn't talk, and she and Akira were the only ones who knew he'd said that. Which meant...

"Oh my god," she breathed, dropping the knife. Its blade clanged against the wood at her bare feet, narrowly missing her own toes. One delicate, shaking hand found her mouth, and green eyes remained glued to the ghost in front of her doorstep.

"I'm hallucinating," she whimpered. "I've lost it. I've totally lost it." Tears came streaming down her face, hot against her own skin and newly flushed complexion. The stress was compounding and her heart rate was already skyrocketing. If he said anything to her in the moments following, it would be as though she didn't hear it, too lost in her own confusion.

"Why is this happening now?" she pleaded, shaking her head. "I said goodbye to you! I chose you and you left me!!!!" She blinked forward in the way only a trained killer could do, grabbing at the front of his shirt in desperate sorrow and rage. But the fact he was a physical thing (and not a creation in her own head) seemed to dawn on her as her nails dug into the fabric. Phantoms weren't real. You couldn't grab a hallucination...

"You left me!!" she cried again, this time softer, and this time beginning to break down into sobs, eyes still wide with hurt and disbelief and--now creeping in--dawning acceptance.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: Oh gooossshhhh

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Nov 2, 2020 7:33:33 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

There was no playby or guide to navigating life after death. Usually it just didn't happen. He spoke through hesitant words and glassy eyes, nearing tears as he tried to explain himself. It was frustrating (for the both of them).

But his mind did give him the breadth he needed ot think - and with it seeing her residual... he couldn't tell. Maybe at one point in life he could read people, but it wasn't as easy anymore. Even if the books and reminders of knowledge he couldn't quite grasp how she was feeling, whether both out of a terror and realisation, or if a budding anger was building.

Perhaps it had been somewhat answered when Akira reflexively stepped back, away from the impending danger of a knife against a woman who could've potentially not been right in the head, from avoiding a weapon himself. He felt so untrained.

On the bright side he hadn't been dismissed and hurt as a "pretender" but similarly she was also doubting herself. Who wouldn't? Him in the flesh. Her speed surprised him, as was the expression visible of wider eyes in his face in how she'd appeared in front of him and he hadn't seen a thing. A little shocking on two fonts was her grab at his clothing, and the other on how his body did feel very different in something he felt would've - should've - been extremely easy for him to react to.

But he wouldn't have had a chance if she was motivated to it. Then, also by her choice words. It- this was what she had wanted to say to him but hadn't ever expected to get the chance to. The man placed his hand over the top of hers curled into his clothing gingerly. "I'm sorry," it had not been lost on him, his death and the reasons for it happening. Yoko would be more aware than most - being one of his tails.

That might've come up, or would come up in the future. "If you look at my burial place, you won't find a body... and nobody would steal it, for the lack of bloodline or special abilities..." that was a common fear among clans: that their bloodlines would be stolen. You heard about it in stories, like how Iwagakure lost the Rokubi as it had formerly owned. But he didn't look the same either: not as sickly white, yet not quite the same. His eyes remained the same, wary. He was calm internally, never mind the tripping over his words. More at peace was the better word. He wanted to give her more time, not break her mind by introducing mind boggling information, he wanted to bring her peace.

Right now was not the time to try that. "I'm sorry I left you..."

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Nov 2, 2020 13:16:38 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

An apology. It shouldn't have felt that easy, but it did. Like hearing the words "I'm sorry" made everything lighter. It made this moment lighter perhaps as the perfect inverse to the way her own apology in the garden hadn't worked, when she'd pleaded over and over with her lips against the dirt only a matter of days ago...

The feeling of his hand on hers was its own little shock. His temperature was different. Even in her adrenaline and mild hysteria, she could sense that much. No body where he'd been buried, just...this. Just the figure in front of her. Back from the dead. Like... Like some kind of perfect fate had plucked him from the next plane and brought him back. And now that she was looking at him--really looking at him as he apologized again--he did look different. Less pale. More...something.

Her heart was on that steady climb of genuine excitement and hope. This was...real? All of it? All of him? Right now? She wasn't dreaming? She wasn't imagining it? She wasn't crazy?

"I don't care how," she whimpered, releasing his shirt and immediately bringing her arms around him, burying her head against his chest. A heartbeat. Warm. Hers.

"I don't care," she repeated again, her voice still tight and desperate like thin glass. "Just stay here. Stay here with me. Please. Please..." Her body was still shaking with each new sob that she was straining to keep back, her fingertips digging firmly into him in one of the tightest embraces she'd ever given. She held him like a woman grasping a soul about to leave again.

Except where her heart had newfound strength, her body did not. She was exhausted and would collapse--either Akira would keep her standing with his own strength or he'd move to his knees along with her. Either way, she wasn't letting go of him. For the moment, in her panic, her trembling figure only wanted him and nothing else.

"I love you," she cried against his chest, more to herself than to him. "I love you. I love you so much..." The tears wouldn't stop, and she let them fall. She felt dizzy. The world was going to spin if she opened her eyes, so she kept them shut tight, just...holding him.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: fjdksfjds <3

last edit by Deleted on Nov 2, 2020 13:31:09 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Nov 2, 2020 17:37:38 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Listening was the best thing he could do right now, and he was glad he had.

Yes... he could do that.

The words had not been lost on him or her concern and worry renewed again as though he could be taken again from her at any moment. "I won't go." in the less literal sense he did need to go see the Tsuchikage. But, as he'd instructed Asako the same: she would meet him there. He wanted to spend time with Yoko, and he was glad that she was there to spend time with.

What he had meant, in the literal sense - was that as long as he followed the rules, he would be here on this earth. Not harshly ripped or taken, and all it did was renew his vigor to be disciplined enough to keep this second chance in mind. He didn't have much of a choice in her grasp and quite freely grasped her in his arms, over and around her and cocooning her into his hold. She was holding much tighter than he, though, by virtue of her strength which was much more than she gave herself credit for.

His own head dropped down to the top of hers - noting the lack of that same scent he'd known from her lack of self care. "I love you," he didn't add on too, it wasn't a contingent nor dependent on it being said first. It was just there. This was the prayer that brought him back. He could get into the details later, explain it all later.

Just like he had with Asako he would take a much time as she needed for her emotions to purge, she had been emotionally exhausted before all of this had happened. His fingers, one remaining atop the space between her shoulder blades, another running his fingers through the back of her hair. Long locks, luscious: one of the few things she prided herself on. Little noises of comfort left his mouth quite effortlessly; and taking her weight and standing tall with it. Just because he wasn't as strong anymore, his body still remembered the taste of it, and it would be easy enough.

It was though she was so perturbed by it (and who wouldn't be?) - Akira had pinpointed that belief that she was either going crazy enough to have hallucinations, or simply in awe enough that this would fade away, having been a dream that was far too realistic. Simply, not real. Many responses flashing from anger and sadness. But he didn't shy from it - and he was crying too.

If she did choose to do the check of a medic, trying his vitals: she would find them safe and sound. A more closer look would find some immeasurable scarring to his soul's chakra coils, any inspection of them would absolutely render most people capable of such quiet with thought. This was the cause of the bijuu being removed and his death.

He would pull her up into his arms, so that he could take her inside. It was quite easy and she was simply so light - tapping the door open with his foot, he would gingerly guide himself through the house and into the living room, past the coffee table and directing himself to be facing away from the couch: laying himself down, as he was certain the woman was to follow in the action.

And with that, he would stay as long as he wanted her to. "I missed you so much." eyes soft and full of the desire of her, she was far too tired for any reasonable movements. Some guilt was behind his eyes too,

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Nov 7, 2020 12:15:39 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Like it had always happened when he was close to her, the rest of the world sort of vanished for a while. Just him. That's the only thing she could think about and the only thing she wanted. To stay in his arms until the world crumbled around them after some immeasurable time had passed.

He assured he would stay. He assured he loved her. Yoko gave a gentle nod against his chest, her heart filling at the sound of his voice. Her sobs were gradually turning into short sniffles and tiny gasps as she gained her composure somewhat. But she was still weak--too weak to walk in the moment. She felt herself be lifted up and clung to him tightly as he carried her back inside. The entrance hall swayed and spun. She shut her eyes again, resting her head against his chest as he moved them further inside.

To the couch. Yoko immediately snuggled into him as close as she physically could, holding tight almost like a child who'd been separated from a parent and been traumatized from the loss. "I missed you too," she said softly, voice still hoarse and weak. Her body was trembling but she did her best to ignore it.

"At the service, I prayed for some crazy force in the world to give you back to me," she said between sniffles. "I was so lost. My own nation betrayed you. I wanted to burn it all. I would've given anything... And now I..." She clutched more fervently at his shirt, digging her nails in as if to permanently anchor him to her grasp.

"I haven't eaten, or slept, or worked. I just..." She stifled a small sob, murmuring desperately against his chest. "Please be real. Never leave me again."

Eventually her frantic thoughts slowed and her body calmed some. The room would stop spinning, she noticed, as she shifted her head up to look him in the eye: watching, admiring, and listening...

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: my heart <3

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Nov 23, 2020 18:41:04 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

The trembling in her body was supported by his body as he held her frame, each of those jolts running through into his own body.

It shouldn't taken him as long as it had to get into a position of comfort with her. The thought of his revival being linked to her. It gave him a lot to think about, and she wasn't giving up in any form of

And that of her nation. Their nation: one that Akira had found himself so explicitly for even after all he'd been through... or was that the truth? Akira couldn't answer it. It was quiet, but he didn't feel the same level of hatred toward it. Disturbed, sure. But not upset - with the rebirth came the cognizance of his own behaviour. Drawn back into the situation by her grip, all too aware of it on him and how easily she could exert strength and not know about it.

And a fair concern - she hadn't been taking care of herself. Akira knew it. He laid the side of his head on her, and she could feel the rhythmic move of his chest. Giving her time to adjust - not just dropping everything on her at once. "It's easy to think this being delirium." he had retained some of his mental faculty at the very minimum he could ask for.

"Death had told me there were things left undone." Akira didn't know whom it was he spoke to, but the nature of it had led him to believe no less than he had spoken to none other than a entity of the beyond itself. "I don't even understand it myself..." he would pull at her hand to place it over his heart, his chest. Their horizontal nature on the couch had allowed him to run his other hand's fingers through her hair as well, keeping her close by.

Him staring at her, watching for the response. Ready to listen. To stay there as long as he needed to.

But he also needed to go to the Tsuchikage as well. And that clock would run itself out sooner or later...

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 3, 2020 4:50:40 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Delirium? Ha. Easy enough, for certain. Yoko wasn't sure what to make of Akira saying there'd been things "left undone," unless he was roundabout referring to herself. She gave a soft nod against his chest. Maybe it was better she didn't understand for now. She already felt as though her mind and body were fragmented into pieces. Any more and she might...

"I have a confession," she said solemnly, still gripping at his shirt. "But I... I'd rather tell you upstairs. Maybe... Maybe the bath? How long do you have to stay?" It was tentatively delivered as if she expected him to suddenly remember he had better places to be.

But she had to tell him. It was murder, after all, in any sense of the definition. The method had not mattered and the pain of it hadn't changed what it was nor what she'd done. Yoko wanted acceptance for that--but more so, she wanted forgiveness.

She wanted forgiveness because right now she couldn't forgive herself. She had killed another in her mourning because of the very same love that was lighting her up right now. But there'd been so much hurt and loss and fear, too. She'd promised him before she would be honest...even if the reminder burned like fresh salt in the deepest wound.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: feel free to move them upstairs?

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 7, 2020 5:51:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

She didn't want to let go, neither did Akira. Holding her firmly, where she could feel the rise and fall of his chest from breathing. Hopefully all the stimuli reminding the woman of his material realness. The man did look down at her though, with concerned blue orbs - at least indicated by his brows instead of his eyes giving much away.

"Of course," Akira said softly, accommodating to her needs. She had remembered his predilection to heat. Akira wasn't sure if he should answer - but opted for the truth. "As long as you need. I have to see Takara today as well." that could not be avoided, lest he be branded as some sort of supernatural terror. Akira didn't understand it himself yet, or if it would happen again if he were killed.

Only a second chance, he supposed. They never made it any more clearer than that. It. Whatever it was - still amazed in his mind. On the other hand for her, it was something weighing down on her. Like she couldn't believe it, and the confession she had to make was equally heavy as well. Well, he would help accommodate it. That would be by sitting up, though he would need her co-operation for that one.

There were other thoughts running around in his mind, too. Of the nature: reminding him how terribly human he was feeling in this moment, but there were more important things in his mind, for her she'd all but abandoned her food-making, whatever that was. Akira had ate now so there was little helping there, but he could help her. "Perhaps we could get you something to eat?" Akira offered to the woman shyly. It depended on how quickly she needed to free herself of her burden.

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 17, 2020 16:09:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

So he would stay as long as she needed...what if what she needed was all day? Or all night? Or forever? That's how it felt, right now. That forever wasn't enough. She wanted whatever he would give her. But life didn't revolve around her, and she tried not to snap her jaws at him at mention of the village leader, merely growling out, "Do not speak that name in my house." To Yoko, the betrayal was still quite fresh. She wanted no breath paid to the government in her home. Not yet. Not for a long time. Maybe not ever.

She rose from her place on top of him and drifted up to her feet in a languid fashion. It was obvious that she was tired and plenty weakened, but she was still trying to be graceful. "I don't want food," she said with a small shake of her head. "Let's go..." She moved quietly, then, from the living room and up the stairs, turning to look behind her just once to ensure he was following her.

Drawing the bath went quickly enough. She threw in some of her favorite bubbles and salts, lit a few candles, slid a small cushioned chair over beside the tub--an invitation for him to sit beside her if he wished. Not that he couldn't join her, as the tub was well big enough. But she didn't expect he'd want to after hearing what happened. Or seeing the results.

With the tub filled, Yoko slid out of her clothes and then slipped beneath the water. But all of the soft lighting and pretty scents didn't mask what she'd done: there were deep burns and scarring across her lower body, with the darkest marks between her hips, and branching burns--almost like lightning--coursing rough scars around her lower torso and back.

She sighed, eyes on the water below her chest. She couldn't look him in the eyes yet.

"You were going to be a father," she said softly. "But I found out the day it happened--the day they killed you. I..." She took a second to gather her thoughts. "I couldn't live with a piece of you--with the reminder. I'd lost you, and I just couldn't do it, not by myself. So I..." She shifted uncomfortably and brought her knees up, wrapping her arms around her legs. "I destroyed it. I dissected and burned every cell. But I was too upset to focus, and the job was sloppy. I nearly died. It still hurts." She finally looked over at him. "Please don't think too badly of me... I just... I couldn't raise a piece of you without you. I'd rather die."

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: the bomb done dropeth

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 20, 2020 19:05:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

A simple rule that he could abide by. Akira understood why she felt that way. The man couldn't bring himself to do it himself. She had lost her faith in the village, and Asako had been the same as well as the rest of his family (presumably) - it seemed many lives that Akira touched was turning out to be like that.

Maybe he hadn't been such a bad person after all. "Alright." He couldn't convince her, as he had tried to before and lost all the same. The woman went about making her bath and pulling a place for Akira to seat himself and not inside the tub with her too. Perhaps now wasn't the time.

He took a seat as he'd been directed to, and today didn't feel like a day for disobeying orders. Though he didn't sit back completely as though he was relaxed because it would have been a lie with his back an inch away from the rest and he was sat up. It got "interesting" when she de-robed.

Akira only saw from the side of what it was she'd done, not given the opportunity to study - cantered around specific areas in her lower body. Self inflicted, as plainly as he could understand. Because, as far as Akira had known: she had the power to cure it herself. Had the power to go get it seen, go to a hospital if not outright complete it herself. And then onto her back itself. A portrait of dark marks.

And it did bring Akira to a standstill in his own mind for what this point was she was coming to, because as long as he'd known her, she had always prided herself on a perceived perfection and standard of herself in the way she preened herself. To see her in this light was not quite so surprising (and a darker part of him almost enjoyed the idea that he'd been missed so intently; and aiding in feelings of guilt) it meant that whatever it was was serious enough and solidified Akira's already existing focus on her.

The invisible quiet that had set over them as he watched her get things ready in her mind. Like these were the steps she needed to, whether it meant checking up on Akira to ensure he was still real and not an illusion that she would wake from. She covered herself. Literally. She had Akira on edge, and he couldn't understand what was so bad that it required him to be like this.

But, to say that she didn't - or wouldn't sugarcoat it was putting it lightly.

That was news that floored Akira. Genuinely: shocking. Normally quite more calm, even Jihi couldn't prepare him for this one. Instinctively a hand came around his mouth in a round of expressive motions of coming to understanding - realisation - rolling around his head more and more and scarring at the inside of his soul, just a little bit. A part of him had been with her. The same thing that brought him back to life: that spark of energy that she'd given to Akira had kept him alive in some ways. Who's to say that a second life hadn't helped that come about as well?

Starkly, Akira was never one to have wanted kids, but he wouldn't have taken a life or advocated otherwise for her to make that decision, one that he would have thrust himself upon with the responsibilities of fatherhood. It definitely challenged his worldview.

And in these thoughts, Akira remained wide eyed. He felt sick to his stomach. She had never wanted a child either: the reminder of Arizo having defiled her, and what that must have been like for her for the reminder when Akira- their- their child to have been alone once again. Not to imply that they were one and the same, but holding a child nonetheless would be no easy candle with a traumatic experience like that. No; two traumatic experiences. One of two different stories.

Akira didn't know how to respond. Did he say he forgave her? Did she want forgiveness? That it was OK and it wasn't her fault? He was lost for words right now. Everyone got given a second chance, it was his opportunity to be merciful. There was no guidebook for navigating this.

"You're not alone." Akira didn't need the chair anymore, sliding off it and onto his knees and hanging off the bathtub. "And if you need it, then I forgive you." his expression was full of concern for her. She might've had her hands around herself but Akira put his arms around her to end up on the opposite shoulder, to pull her closer despite the object between them. It would sink in more as time would go on,

The man really couldn't describe the anguish he was feeling both for himself and for her. And then some more for her, being alone with his death at the same day as the birth. Two things melding into one - her past coming to haunt her. Inexplicably, indescribably sad, regardless of his feelings on the subject. So all he could do to stop himself from an expression too far was to grip her tight, resting his forehead against her shoulder.

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 24, 2020 0:21:45 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

A part of her was waiting for him to blow up about the news, to accuse or shame or insult her. It wasn't that she thought him malicious, but just that it was what she'd been conditioned to expect when delivering bad news. Horrible news.

He was quiet, though. That was...better. Better than the alternative. Yoko didn't say anything more, waiting in her quiet sorrow for the words Akira would bring himself to speak. In time, they came gently: You're not alone. She smiled, but that too was a sad gesture.

The real reason they'd come up here, though, was what he said next. He forgave her.

Just like that. No arguments or freak-outs or panic. Just forgiveness. Like it was easy. But it wasn't easy, and she could tell Akira was hurting from the news even though he was trying not to let it show. He slid off the seat and knelt there beside the tub with her, and Yoko leaned toward him, giving a solemn nod. She immediately broke down crying again, the mourning and relief simultaneously flooding her heart.

"Thank you," she murmured. "Thank you..." And that's where she stayed, just crying for a while and getting it out of her system. She wouldn't go into the troublesome thoughts that had followed the crude procedure--how badly she'd wanted to just cut a few arteries and be done with it--but she'd wanted more than anything to not be alone and know that her love wasn't silently judging her for the decision.

And now she had both.

But loss was a wretched beast and plenty heavy. Words could only do so much. Eventually Yoko stifled her sobs and straightened up, tired eyes settling on Akira's sky blues. "Akira... I know you have places you must go today, but...will you come back here? Tonight? I'll clean up and make dinner. It will be like before. Just us." She smiled weakly.

It would be like nothing had changed--even though everything had.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES

❤ NOTES: normalcy is hard

has written 0 posts
02 | Homecoming (c) Dec 28, 2020 11:01:19 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Plainly, it hurt. It was never something that Akira would have considered to be a fatality in the grand scheme of life and one that hurt him all the same. Her thank yous were lost on Akira - feeling like he was in a similar place inside that marble tombstone, waking up to reality.

It was a strange juxtaposition of nerves and feelings, between his mind - knowing there was some relief to be had at not having a child, or her potentially had been alone to raise one when neither of them had wanted children. Knowing that he would've been able to step up to it, and something rarely to come across. He'd just... never had to think about it. Yoko took care of that side. The thought of children didn't hurt, but it did make him feel guilty for being relieved. And even worse for that point, already been a few hours and already at what he felt to be his lowest point perhaps ever.

It would either get worse or better from here. Hopefully.

A part of Akira knew that this was something that would stay on his mind for much longer than he'd wanted or anticipated it to. He yet had to visit Takara, it was now filling the pit of his stomach to face his killer in the moment, knowing that it could reveal a second death just before his eyes, and waste of it. But the man knew that he could not escape her grasp by trying to get out of the village. Just to prove that this was different, he was different.

That would be nice. A dinner sounded good - just an attempt. Taking deep breaths, Akira would accept that he had much more to do in this life, and that meant making decisions that would preserve himself just that little bit longer. He didn't know what his thoughts were going to be like in the future, so the irony was not there to be had.

"I'll be here," Akira murmured quietly. Leaning into her eyes closed and just breathing. Trying to breathe. Was this a panic attack? No. He didn't know what it was, or how to respond. Just, shutting down a little bit - for her. Just so they could be there, and so that he could better process. That's how humans worked, right?

[end]

has written 0 posts