Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]

compose a reply
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Dec 30, 2020 1:36:05 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The sound of cart wheels rolling travels along the path towards Omotesenke. Three shinobi sit on board the merchant cart which had been procured from Cha no Kuni's government, all for the purpose of posing as merchants at the village's luxuriant Bizarre. The cart is stocked with various goods, some common and some more expensive, which will allow them to slot right in among the ranks of the other merchants. Along with those supplies, however, are some illicit ones, just enough that if they were able to find the right crowd, they might be able to entice their way into the inner circle using contraband.

Tomomi sits on the front of the cart, legs dangling off the side as they look over a map, ensuring they're headed in the right direction. They're still a little ways out, but it shouldn't be long before they arrive.

They have their hair down, a tremendously infrequent thing for them, and are dressed in all manner of assorted scarves and robes, trying to fit the colorful and eclectic manner of dress common for the Bizarre. They have a backpack on where they've stored some of their more typical equipment hidden beneath layers of accounting information and silk rolls.

They've passed a great many tea shops on the way here, and they're certain there will be more in town.

"It won't be long until we're there," Tomomi informs Shodaime and Kazuto. If they wished to finish up any transformation jutsu, now would be the time. That was most concerning for Shodaime, of course, but disguises were part of any intelligence mission.

"Do either of you have input on what sort of groups we should focus on first?"

Cocoa has written 693 posts
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Dec 30, 2020 13:40:25 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
It had been a while since Shodaime had been out on a mission. Though it had been sometime, she was still fully prepared for whatever they may encounter. Hearing that it wouldn't be long before they arrived, she figured they might as well transform into something that didn't make her stand out like a sore thumb. She knew instantly that if anyone had caught a glimpse of her byakugan and cursed seal on her forehead, that the mission would be compromised. She would form a hand seal and then transform into her new appearance. It was a simple transformation, some very minor alterations to herself to not give herself away. These minor alterations would be her eyes would now have a distinct pupil with her eyes being a distinct blue coloring, while her forehead no longer bore the cursed seal. Her attire would be a very simplistic robe and scarf, something that would help her blend in with the rest of the merchants. All her necessities for this mission were packed in her backpack, luckily most of it was medical supplies, something most people wouldn't be to surprised to find on most people.

"I feel we should focus on the groups doing these under the table weapons deals. Dealing with these people might be our best bet to get into their inner circles." She would say as she looked at the passing scenery as the cart continued to roll on.
last edit by Hyūga Shodaime on Dec 31, 2020 22:29:23 GMT -5
Shodaime has written 355 posts
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 1, 2021 14:00:32 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

The Senju kept his silence as the cart trudged along, changing his usual attire for more simple robes of a merchant. Quietly he observed the passing road before affixing a straw hat to shade his already changed features. The transformation technique was applied, taking in the unassuming features of a man that had worked much of his time under the sun. A pot belly pushing through his clothes and head devoid of any hair that was contrary to brown locks of hair that he had allowed to get down his shoulders when he had become a Jonin and ascended to the leadership of the Senju Clan. As the Yamanaka talked the transformed Kazuto would turn to look at both of them.

"The problem is going to be locating them." He said quietly. "Doubt they would just let us to their den." He continued, valuing the information that had been given to them in the briefing. Considering all their options on how to approach their targets and whatever he could scrap from his personal experience during his ANBU assignments on how underground movements like this operated. Kazuto was quiet for a moment and then would speak once more. "They usually have marking.... etchings in the stores they used as fronts, only things they would understand that for the normal looker sounds like something a kid scratched as a prank." He said as he held his sight to both of them.

"Perhaps we have something that we can sell with all this merchandize. Movements like this need a steady supply of cash to function, gray and black market goods that are untraceable." The Senju continued as he stroked his chin. "That or we locate whoever is providing them with resourced to continue operations." He suggested. Out of the two ways however he felt that the easiest one was to find a store or a stall that dwelt with this sort of goods. "If we can find any of those two options, Tomomi can interrogate whoever we manage to snatch with his clan techniques."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.
Harukei has written 2,161 posts
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 4, 2021 15:34:21 GMT -5
Wynne
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wynne Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Tasseography, A RANK MISSION
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
As the trio traveled along the road in their cart, various noises would enter their ears. The sounds range from whispers, shouts, barking, sizzling, and many other common noises for a marketplace. It would only take a few more minutes of travel before a stopping place for their cart would arrive, near the entrance of the center of the marketplace. The various stalls that they passed along the way would consist of merchants selling candies, toys, and other knick knacks. Things that wouldn’t interest the disguised ninja. No, they were looking for something a little more….elusive.

As the group decided on their plan of action, a look around their surroundings would show them several options. There were a few stalls nearby with various buildings situated further behind them. One stall contained a few exotic weapons on display, one with beautiful hand made pottery, and one selling alluring garments with dazzling designs. Situated on the banner of the weapon display would be the small symbol of a shield with spikes. Near the banner of the pottery would be a shattered vase symbol and near the garment banner would be a cracked tea cup. A unique symbol for each stall.

If the group chose to ask around, they would find out that the symbols stood for the various groups that backed the stalls. The owner of the weapon stall was a gruff man with a scar over his eye who looked at everyone suspiciously. The owner of the pottery stall would be a bright eyed young woman with a grin on her face. And finally an old lady with a peaceful expression would sit comfortably at her garment table, waiting for those interested in her wares.

As they investigated, the group would need to remember to be careful with their questioning in order to not tip off the criminals they were investigating. People who snooped around asking uncomfortable questions usually weren’t welcomed here. The group had finally arrived at their destination, and now they would have to find the rebels that lurked within. But Konoha shinobi were well trained, and it was time to show off the Will of Fire each shinobi had within them.

Enemies: 
Jutsu Used: 

Wynne has written 164 posts
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 4, 2021 17:36:22 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The marketplace was bustling, sounds and people all over the place, ready to find items to snatch up for purchase. Finding a place to settle in was a bit tricky with how populated it was, but they eventually found a place near to some interesting stalls to pause and begin their search. Time to put on an act.

The art of performance was always interesting to Tomomi. Theater was what had inspired them to pursue their puppetry specialization, so they knew a decent bit about it. It was easy to adopt the air of someone earnest, a little overwhelmed and amazed by the marketplace. They wanted to look like someone trustworthy and kind, but naïve- naïve enough to be easily compelled by a group like the rebels here.

All the symbols were obviously interesting. Exotic weaponry would be a very simple place to start, as rebels would love to go towards someone with such wares. But it was also a very obvious and bold play. There was always a chance the weapon smith was a loyalist. No, the symbol that interested Tomomi most was the cracked teacup. Somewhat ominous, symbolically, but who would suspect a little old lady working a fabrics shop? Tomomi would. 

They wouldn't prompt anyone to follow them, but the other two could come if they'd like, or explore the other stalls to their preference. There were benefits both to sticking together and to covering more ground. They would wander over to the fabric shop, taking everything in along the way, like someone embarrassed by just how much wonderment they were showing, trying to rein it in.

"These patterns are lovely," Tomomi greeted the woman at the stall. "Do you handmake these?"

Compliment to get in the door.

Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 4, 2021 19:49:41 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime was amazed at the sights and sounds of the bustling marketplace they had entered. It was finally time for them to put on the act of wandering traders to find the people plotting against the Tea Country's Daimyo. Though they were here to find intel for the Daimyo, she had hoped there would be time for her to find a merchant selling a portable cassette player from Amegakure. She knew this had absolutely nothing to do with the current mission at hand, but it would not be everyday that she would be in a giant marketplace like this.

She would note the symbols on the banners of the different shops. Each one must represent something. The obvious pick for rebels to congregate would be the exotic weapons shop, manned by a tough looking man with a scar over his eye. She though, would decide to investigate the garment table, run by a innocent looking old woman, with Tomomi. Who would expect an old woman to be the front for a rebel organization. The table had many beautiful fabrics, she was entranced by the beautiful designs, her eyes lit up at the sight of them, she looked as if she had seen the most beautiful thing ever. She then would hear Tomomi compliment the patterns of the fabrics.

"Yes these are very beautiful." She would say as she admired the fabric. "Is there anyway we can work out a trade for these?" She said as she ran her hand along some of the patterns. She wanted to find a way to get on the old woman's good side as to not rise too much suspicion.
last edit by Hyūga Shodaime on Jan 4, 2021 23:21:21 GMT -5
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 12, 2021 1:53:09 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju would keep his silence as the group moved through the marketplace, looking through all the wares that the sellers were peddling to those that had the coin. While the Hyuga and the Yamanaka would keep their sight towards fabrics, Kazuto would keep a prudential distance, moving towards a stall that had sculptures, works of art, paintings that seemed to be artfully done. He admired them for a brief second, lost in a canvas of a deep blue sea, raging as the tides would create waves tipped with seafoam. He saw tapestries woven in threads of deep reds, vivid greens and warming yellows that came together in the shape of a deity or a king, he wasn't quite sure which.

"Hi." He began, his voice sounding hoarse, like the grinding of stones. "These are nice pieces." He told the seller at the stand, pointing at a goblet that had been fashioned from wood, gilded in gold and jeweled with pearls and rubies that shone under the light of the sun. Other works of art came together, statues carved from marble alabaster white with veins of dark blue that did little to diminish the attractiveness of the sculpture. Certainly not the sort of stuff that you would find in the midst of a market that everyone could buy. He imagined that he could empty the coffers of his clan and would still need to scrape coin together to buy something minuscule.

"Friend." He said as he leaned on the counter, the grating voice turning into a harsh whisper as he tried to get the attention of the seller. Using the lingo that these sort of individuals that acted as fences for members of the criminal underworld. "Luck has smiled to me... I have... pieces like this to swap, perhaps you could tell me where one of this art dealers could be found?" He said, showing the man a smile yellowed teeth.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 16, 2021 22:07:59 GMT -5
Wynne
Wynne Avatar
groupnull
"Hello dearies, and yes I did. Everything here is handmade by me or my daughter.”

Smiling gently at the two customers surveying her wares, the old woman would motion for Tomomi and Shodaime to get closer before continuing her speech.

"Thank you for the compliments, I’ve spent many years perfecting my craft and I’m pleased with the progress I made. And of course we could work out a trade, what did you have in mind?”

As she spoke, the elderly woman would grab nearby colorful garments and show them off to the two ninja. Some of the skirts and other garments had unique and beautiful designs on them while on the other side of the table were items such as soft and fluffy scarves or beautifully crafted gloves with fur lining the entrance. Although there weren’t many clothes, the love and effort put into these garments were obvious. The old woman hadn’t been boasting when she said she perfected her craft, as anyone could clearly see.

"What brings the two of you to Omotesenke? I haven’t seen either of you around these parts so I’m assuming you’re travelers? We seem to be having a lot of those nowadays. Quite good for business so I’m happy with all the attention my village is getting. It could be better, but we have to appreciate what we have.”

------

Rather than group up with his other two companions, Kazuto chose to go to the other stall with pottery on display in order to cover more ground. As he surveyed the wares silently, the bright eyed woman would perk up and speak once Kazuto decided to speak to her.

"Heya champ! Thank you, I had a great time making these pieces and although I would like to take credit for all of them, some of them aren’t made by me. Don’t let that bring you down though! Each of these are masterfully crafted as you can see, and I’m sure you’ll be pleased with any of the items you buy!”

Speaking in a bubbly tone, the energetic woman bounced in her seat as she described a few of the items on display. It seemed she took pride in her job and was trying her hardest to give Kazuto a good selling speech for her wares.

"Oh, pieces like these? Can you give me an example? I don’t want to be rude, but the art dealers I know require art pieces a little more advanced than average. Not just anyone can talk to them ya know?”

Pulling her head closer to the older man and pointing at one of the more valuable pieces, the woman looked at Kazuto questioningly. She had gotten a few customers like Kazuto before, but she wasn’t sure which criteria he was under. Was he worthy of meeting some of her more lucrative patrons?

Enemies: 
Jutsu Used: 

Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 16, 2021 23:09:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Tomomi spent a while pouring over the detail of the fabrics. It really was rather impressive. On an ordinary day, if they were not being investigative, they might even spend a long while asking about the family history with the artform. Seeing how skills developed across generations was something that was always interesting to them.

"These are gorgeous. I especially like this one here," they said, pointing out a particular pattern. The lines seemed especially complicated, like they'd taken long hours to weave. It must be a special braiding style of the region. Such patterns were interesting. Sometimes people even encoded messages in them. Tomomi would know nothing about the local hooking codes, though.

The conversation turned to the topic of their arrival here. They had come from the north, and it was possible other travelers had seen them come that way, so it was best not to risk voiding their cover by not including that in their travel story.

"Oh, yes, it's our first time travelling down here," Tomomi confirmed, smiling pleasantly. "It's quite exciting. I've never been to a market this big! There are so many stalls, it's almost overwhelming. Things were getting a bit tight back home, financially, so we wanted to try our hand at bigger crowds. We're a little inexperienced with it, though," they said. "Do you have any tips on who the best customers might be? We wouldn't want to create any undue competition, but still- you seem to know what you're doing."

Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 16, 2021 23:56:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime continued to be impressed by the beautiful craftsmanship of the many fabrics that the old woman had for sale. So many intricate details woven in, showed the the true art of a master of their craft. She loved the beautiful work that the woman had, something that she would put into her own wardrobe. Though she was here for investigative work, what was the harm in getting something from a vendor to not rouse suspicion?

"I have these homemade medicinal remedies for trade, if you would take some for one of these beautiful kimonos." Shodaime would say as she reached into her bag and pulled out one of the jars of medicinal remedy. She'd hope that the woman would accept the trade for the medicine. She would also point to a kimono with a beautifully intricate design that she so badly wanted to trade for. Shodaime would remain silent as Tomomi would explain how they came to be in the Land of Tea for the marketplace, she had already said enough with her excitement for the different fabrics and garments. She did want to seem like she was being pushy towards the old woman. To the woman she would just seem like a very enthused young woman in a big marketplace for the first time, taken by the wonderment and vast quantity of vendors.
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 28, 2021 12:31:36 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The seller was most bubbly than he had anticipated. Fences were for the most part welcoming but they were more reserved when it came to the wares they sold. As she would come closer and point to some of the more exquisite pieces of art that she sold he would find beautiful vases lined with gold, porcelain ewers so pale that they seemed fashioned of milkglass, cups that had delicate designs stenciled upon them, small statues and busts that had to be carved or sculpted by master artisans. He observed them for a few seconds, narrowing eyes and pressing lips together before letting an impressed whistle and chuckling towards her.

"Aye... aye like that." He said, grinning at her and showing a yellowed smile of uneven teeth before raising to his full height, still bearing his disguise as a merchant. They looked rather opulent for a stall that while had some impressive artwork didn't seem anything outside the usual. Things were, for the better or worse, something that new breakout artist would craft, and others were too abstract to be considered true art beyond those that claimed themselves to be art connoisseurs. "Would you show me to them? Coin is not the problem, nor is discretion." He added with a confident nod, he'd would have to consider about his comrades in the mission, looking at them still going through the wares of the adjacent stand.

Now, of course, there was always a chance that there would this were legitimately sourced, but the more they delved in, the more they spoke with agents and contacts then the closer they would be to fulfilling their mission and report back to their employers. Quietly he'd wait for the woman to lead him to the sellers before waving a hand sign to his comrades that to an outsider would look like just cracking his knuckles, telling them that they might have a lead.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 31, 2021 14:26:49 GMT -5
Wynne
Wynne Avatar
groupnull
"Yes, it can all seem overwhelming at first, but you get used to it after a while. As for customers, it depends on what you’re trying to sell. Candies and the like are good for when we have an influx of visitors. You get quite a bit of sales one moment, and then none the next. Textiles and crafted creations are more reliable, but you’re not going to get rich quickly or anything. It’s a slow but rewarding grind.”

Showing her customers a smile, the elderly woman pointed to each shop that was in her example. Judging from her tone, it seemed that these examples were coming from first hand experience. She had seen all manners of things throughout the years.

"Trade would have been even better if it wasn’t for the new taxes and laws being set up. All we want is fair pay for our goods, but we can’t even get that. Isn’t that a shame.”

A dark glimmer would flicker through the wrinkled woman’s eyes before disappearing as quickly as it came. Normally one wouldn’t notice, but these customers examining her wares were anything but normal.

"Hand them here and I’ll see what I can do.”

Turning towards Shodaime, the old woman would hold out her hands for one of the jars. In most places trade would be done with only cash, but not in Omotesenke. Here one could barter with any goods they had in order to trade for any goods they had their eye one. A silver tongue would work wonders in a place such as this.

"Before you start settling down and selling your wares, make sure to take a look at the new laws and taxes. Might change your mind about coming here. There's much better places to trade nowadays.”

~~~~

"Oh pieces just like that huh. Very interesting.”

The young woman would meet Kazuto’s yellowed smile with a wide one of her own, with her teeth much noticeably whiter. As he continued speaking, the seller would watch him carefully as she contemplated what to do.

"Coins not the problem eh? I would have to close up my shop to show you where they’re at, so I need you to answer this question before I decide what to do. Do you believe stale tea is worth drinking, or should you toss it out and make a new batch?”

As the bubbly woman spoke this question, the smile would still remain on her face while her eyes took on a darker countenance. Her hand would also dip casually behind the counter, hiding part of her arm from view. Kazuto would need to think wisely on his answer, since it would clearly decide how the rest of this conversation went. The question was, was she one of the rebels in hiding, or was she one on the loyalists?

Enemies: 
Jutsu Used: 

Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 31, 2021 19:41:01 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

New laws and taxes. This woman seemed to have quite a problem with them. It was interesting to note. Commonly the kind of thing that led to such rebellions. It was difficult to discern if this woman was just a disgruntled citizen, or someone who had greater plans to do something about it. Money was the great motivator. If she had been at this for a long time and felt the government was stepping into her profit and preventing her from thriving, it was easy to imagine she would take money from years past and help fund rebels.

"Oh dear," Tomomi said, putting their hand to their cheek in worry and seeming quite troubled. "That's what happened back home, too," they sighed, disappointed, slumping as if their shoulders were bearing a great weight. "We were doing alright, but then the taxes started rising and we were suddenly left struggling to buy food! The government makes more profit on our goods than we do. It's a shame to hear that it's happening here as well. Soon there will be no safe place for merchants in this country," Tomomi speculated, running their fingers through their hair with faux-anxiousness.

"They're going to run us all out of the country. What will people do then? Someone really ought to-" They let the fire die out of their words, mumbling as they finish, "ought to- to do something about it."

Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Jan 31, 2021 21:13:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would happily hand over one of the jars to trade for the woman. She was happy that the woman was willing to trade for her items she was selling. Hearing the woman's plight of not being able to get a fair price for their goods was great to hear. The woman would have an excuse for wanting to overthrow the Daimyo of the tea country. Though, Shodaime did have some doubts that the old woman would be apart of a rebel organization, but appearances are deceiving , for all she knew this woman could be the leader of the rebels.

"It really is a shame, back home they taxed us so much, that selling wasn't very profitable." Shodaime would say as she agreed with Tomomi's story. "I wish somebody did do something about it, would be great to get our profits that we deserve from our goods." Shodaime would say as she continued to look at the various items the old woman had for sale. She had hoped their words would peak her interest, hoping she may let us in on the secret of the vendors, a chance to get into the rebel group who would do something about the taxation.
Tasseography [a-rank mission] [shodaime, kazuto]Feb 11, 2021 2:31:19 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The tone seemed to change with the woman after he had noted to the works of art that he had 'wished to sell'. Her smile, impeccable as it was certainly contained enough venom to kill a man. Her words were strange, a riddle of sorts, but as she spoke her posture changed and he noticed that. His demeanor changed slightly, the visage of the middle aged man with yellowed teeth changed as one of trying to remember or process the question that had being given to him. Yet he noticed as she leaned that her hand would dip behind the counter, as if she was reaching for something, perhaps a weapon. She could be an useful link them.

With that lore in hand, he his features would lightened as he released a short cough and looked at the woman once more. "Well..." Kazuto began to feign the that he remembered the words, the passcode in from of the answer in the riddle. "Well... not much of a connoisseur of tea." He said with a rough chuckle as he slapped a pot belly that was the produce of drinking and indulging in fine food. "But... I believe that you can't taste the nuance of the flavors of teeth with something old and... well... dare I say decayed."

He expressed to her, trying to read for a sudden move of a brandished weapon in her hand, a swing of a blade, or the attempt to bludgeon him, yet still shaving the unshakable confidence of what she ought to tell her, if the tea was an analogy to the new and the old regime, then he would have to play through the meaning of the words that he had interpreted. "Nothing can be gained from cold and old tea, I rather move forward and... drink my fill with freshly brewed tea." Out with the old and in with the new. He quietly mused as he would shoot another smile to the woman, bring a hand to his chin to scratch the second chin that had formed in his guise.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS