Mission Board Subforum?

compose a reply
Mission Board Subforum?Feb 19, 2021 10:59:14 GMT -5
Thetis
C'mon, let's dance!
Thetis Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
With the advent of member-posted mission boards, would it make more sense to have a separate subforum within Approved Missions just for mission boards? I think it would make the whole experience of looking for missions more ergonomic, and members clearly love the idea of mission boards, seeing how often they are used. 

Eventually, pinning every board made is going to take up the whole first page, and not pinning member made boards means they can easily get lost in the ride of standard member approved missions. I think pinning things is a bandage covering a much larger structural wound, and therefore is contributing to the problem, not helping it. Additionally, there has been a ton of inconsistency on what gets pinned and what doesn't in Approved Missions. 

For example, we have two mission boards done up in Approved Missions that aren't pinned: Kumogakure Pathology Missions and Konoha Joint Village Missions. The argument could be made that "boards made by non leaders do not get pinned", but here is where I find that just isn't true. 

The Konoha Illegal Activity Set is posted by Gure Yuta, who is 100% not the Hokage, and yet it is pinned. It can't be pinned just because it's a mission board, as per the previous two threads. We also come to Arashi no Kuni Industrial Boom, which while structured like a standard mission board, is one nonetheless. Additionally, this literally posted by Shikaka Tatsuo, the current Ame Lord. This is a nation plot critical set of missions. Why is it not pinned? 

Creating a subforum just for mission boards would eliminate this problem entirely, as there wouldn't be a need to pin threads that are relevant. Nothing but mission boards would go in there. If staff are vigilant about crossing out completed missions, it would become simple to see what threads need to be archived. 

A subforum also makes it easier for members to actually find said mission boards. Personally, I wasn't aware that they were even a thing when I returned as "approved missions" on its own just implies missions that have staff approval i.e. one use missions. A title of "Mission Boards" is difficult to mistake for anything else. 
has written 25 posts

quick reply

compose a reply