It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]

compose a reply
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 2, 2021 10:33:54 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
I'll be the greatest hero you've ever seen!
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 24th rank Advanced Genin occupation Hero!
the greatest hero ever

Speech color: #1668c5
Notes: Training thread

The young Senju was now off for the afternoon. He and Kazuto had woken up early as ever to do their daily training, and Hiro had felt like he was finally able to catch the rhythm of his new schedule. They would start every morning with a meditation, and follow that with about six to eight hours of a variety of training, most of which revolved around Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Some more basic, and some much more intense. Nevertheless, Hiro was happy just to be able to keep up.

But, while his training with Kazuto had ended for the day, Hiro decided to grab himself a bite to eat and take a walk around a bit to help his body stay loose. Now a few days into his training, Hiro was getting used to the fact that everything hurt, but it was more a soreness than actual pain. And it was a good soreness at that, one that he knew would eventually turn him into the hero he knew he could become, with Kazuto’s help.

Hiro made his way out to one of his favorite spots, a small clearing just south of the village gate, surrounded by trees with a small river that passed through, making a perfect swimming hole. While he knew he wasn’t the only person who went there fairly regularly, it was more often than not a pretty secluded place, and always gave him some time to himself to recharge and think.

Eating his banana, Hiro climbed up one of the many large rocks that lined the swimming hole, and sat atop it with his legs crossed. He was pretty content in that moment, watching some of the small fish and other life move about the river. The water had been so clear you could see every little thing with great detail, and he very much liked being able to spend his time like this. As he sat, Hiro wanted to make himself a bit more comfortable, so he slipped off his shirt and tossed it to the ground beside him letting the warm rays of the sun soak into his shoulders. He let out a soft sigh of relief, feeling the sun against him, as he did his best to clear his mind, and simply be there, in that moment.

made by eden @ gs and thq
Matt has written 162 posts
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 7, 2021 16:18:26 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Issei had definitely come a long way in the days since he met Tsuume Senju. It was crazy feeling for him to look back in time at his former self to see how much had change. For the longest time he always thought of himself as this figure who was invisible to the world. Minus his last name of course, but that was the only thing he had going for himself. He was fortunate enough to make some friends along the way, but some of them were not here anymore.

The progress he made from the moment he met her, and the moment he first met Yuuta was pretty laughable. He even thought about retiring early like his father and joining the family business as a cook full time, but the latter changed that for him. A lot of emphasis was placed in his growth, and from there he never really went back. A few stopping points here and there, like the time he'd come to realize how quickly Kazui surpassed him.

Even now it bothered him knowing that he met her at a time where she could barely mold chakra, and in what seemed like only half a year she managed to catch up to him. She was every bit of the prodigy he once hoped he'd become, but it seem like now his time had finally come. Ever since he'd become a Chuunin the village seemed to have more eyes on him, and finally his hard work came to fruition after the training he had with Kazuto.

Never in his life did he imagine it would take a Senju believing in him to really see how much growth he had. It wasn't as if his time with Yuuta was meaningless, but it was sometimes hard to grasp his belief because he was his sensei. Even if he was honest and upfront about everything, something in mind always placed Yuuta's words in the realm of obligation. Like Yuuta, Kazuto was easily one of Konoha's most powerful, and he was respected from all over.

For him to teach him a rare jutsu, and to his knowledge, one he had not even taught to his pupil Kazui was something he'd never forget. It didn't seem like things had changed between them, so why would he suddenly take him on? From what he learned Kazui was innocent in everything that had happened so their relationship had to remain unchanged. Maybe the village had finally acknowledged him, but it was all happening so fast.

Between Umetaro, Kazui, the rest of the clan, and of course Kazuto, he had no idea what to think about. He'd have to see Yuuta again soon so that he could help him map out everything that was going on in his head. He might have had a new clear goal of where he wanted to be, but how was he going to get there now. How was he going to use the power given to him by Kazuto to help the village.

As he traveled out the south gate of the village, Issei aimed to pull a Umetaro. He hoped that getting away from the place might clear his mind. He knew up ahead in the direction he was going that there was a river there he could hang out by. He felt it would be the perfect place to clear his mind, but upon his arrival there another person had already taken his idea. The guy didn't look familiar from here, but he was sure they wouldn't mind sharing the area.

After approaching the river and sitting in front of the stream he'd speak to the guy. "I'm guessing you have a lot on your mind too? Or are you actually here to just relax?"

NOTE: Will not count for Training points/SA usage for Issei.
| AP has written 653 posts
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 8, 2021 12:06:02 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull
the greatest hero ever

Speech color: #1668c5
Notes: None!

Deep in his meditation, Hiro would ssnap back to the present as someone seemed to speak to him. "I’m sorry?” He said, before what the stranger had said registered with him. "Oh,” he said, letting out a small sigh before turning his attention back to the river. "Eh, a little of both I guess.” He said, giving a slight shrug.

He took in another deep breath and exhaled before he would eventually turn his attention to the newcomer. "Hiro.” He said, hopefully enough to be seen as an introduction, though just to be clear he would introduce himself fully. "Uh, Senju Hiro.” He would say, almost a little unsure of himself. He would once again face the river, scooching himself over a bit and patting the spot beside him as if inviting the teen to come and sit with him.

At first glance, it was clear that the fellow was a little older than him, but he didn’t think it was by much. While he did feel that the man looked fairly familiar, he couldn’t quite put name to face in the moment. With another deep breath, the expression on Hiro’s face seemed to shift a bit, as he was clearly deep in his head at the moment. While nothing seemed extremely pressing for him, Hiro felt that he was at a strange point in his life. While he was happy to start training with Kazuto, the young Senju still felt that he should be further along than where he was at. When he looked at his physical form, there was evidence in his training already. Behind the litter of bruises that covered his arms and torso, his muscles had more definition to them than they had, even a few weeks prior. Kazuto really was ripping the boy into shape.

Aside from that, there were the strange new feelings he had for Kazui, and he had no idea what to think on that front. He had all but admitted to himself that he had a crush on the girl, but as he was Kazuto’s newest apprentice, there was a part of him that was both embarrassed, and slightly ashamed at the feeling. Why did he have to get a crush on her of all people. She wasn’t exactly the easiest person to talk to anyway, and Hiro felt even more embarrassed by the fact that these feelings were so forward in his mind. Not to mention, what would Kazuto and Miho say if they found out?

A lot of questions seemed to plague the poor Senju at the time, and he truly had no idea what to think at the moment. As he looked in the river, Hrio would speak out to his new companion. "You ever get that feeling-” he paused for a moment, not quite sure how he was going to say what it was he needed to say. "Where like, everything you’re doing… Like you should just be better?

made by eden @ gs and thq
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 9, 2021 18:37:21 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
A cringe look would be seen on the face of the Uchiha when Hiro snapped out of his meditation. Issei never stopped to consider that he might have been in his own world, but he also didn't want them to wake up to find someone sitting next to them. Issei knew that if he was on the other end that he would have been extremely cautious. It's why whenever he left the village he made sure not to travel with his clans Emblem on him.

His eyes were valued by people from all over, and that made him a victim anytime he left the village. When the guy responded he answered that he was doing a little of both. A head nod was given before the guy introduce himself. His name was Hiro, and by sheer coincidence he just happened to be a Senju. The Uchiha chuckled a little at Hiro before taking the seat next to him after he moved over to create room.

"Nice to meet you Hiro, the names Issei... Uchiha, Issei."

Issei added while grinning at the Senju. Afterward, he turned his attention back to the river so that the Senju wouldn't think he was trying to be hostile or anything. The Senju might not have been the best group of people in the eyes of his clan, but things had been calm. At least up until this mess with Kazui showed up.

For the time being it was best that he didn't bring them up around his people unless it was to his dad. It seemed like the Uchiha were more sensitive these days because of what happened, and most of them had good reason to be, but today wasn't going to be able any of that. It seemed like the same could probably be said for the person sitting next to him.

The two of them hadn't said anything to each other yet, but after a few minutes of silence the man finally spoke. He asked him if he ever got the feeling that he should be better at doing the things than others. At least that was how he perceived it. "Hmmm, if you're asking me what I think you are, then yes.."

"As a Senju I'm sure you are aware of the bias that comes with our name and Dojutsu prowess... Because of that, we are always expected to exceed expectations.. Nothing less, and if you don't meet the exceeded expectations then you are just a waste to the clan, and to others especially."
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 10, 2021 13:00:08 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

Hiro let out a small blurt of laughter when the man addressed himself as an Uchiha. He was surely meeting a lot of them lately, wasn’t he? As Issei would respond, the Senju would raise his brow a little at what had been said. He couldn’t quite tell if he was dodging the question, or simply answering it in an abstract way, but he tried to find meaning in what the Uchiha had said. Hiro’s eyes shifted to the teen beside him, thinking for a moment on what exactly to say.

It sounded to him as though the Uchiha clan as a whole put themselves under a lot of self produced pressure. He knew of the reputation they had around the village, often proclaiming themselves as the best and brightest, and showing nothing but elitism in regards to the rest of the village clans. Especially in regards to his own clan, for one reason or another. But, it seemed time and time again, Hiro’s personal interactions with Uchiha had proved otherwise. Not to say that they weren’t the best or brightest, but the elitist nature seemed to come so much more from the older generations than those who he had met. His father, though, seemed to share the same sentiment the Uchiha had for the Senju as he did for the Uchiha. He just never understood where all the hate really came from. Kazui herself, in his eyes anyway, was family to Kazuto, and that meant she was family to him. And on top of that, he never felt a reason to hold spite for the clan aside from what his father had said about them, but he didn’t want to hate anybody, period.

He took in a deep breath, still a look of half concern and half self pity on his face. "I never understood that.” He scoffed a bit as he said it, turning his head to Issei. "I mean, I understand wanting to push yourself, but why put so much pressure on people? Kids, even, who don’t even know what they want yet, being forced into a role where you’re either the best or you’re worthless. How is anyone able to get the self confidence they need to grow when that’s the way things are expected from the get go?” Hiro turned his attention back to the water, clearly a bit upset by the words that came out of his mouth. He was already a bit bent out of shape from earlier that day, and this just seemed to pile on top of it.

Hiro was beginning to feel something well up inside him that he didn’t quite know how to deal with. The morning spent with Kazui certainly seemed to put a spin on things, and now he really was starting to feel uncomfortable. Today was his day off after all, the first one he had since he started training with Kazuto, and he hated the feeling that it was going to be half spent pouting. He had planned this day to be filled with fun and relaxation, and it seemed he probably would have simply been better off spending the day training anyway. At least then he would be able to wear himself out enough to try and process everything.

As the idea popped up in his head, he was half mad at the conclusion he had come up with. Hiro needed to scrap. "Issei.” He started, raising himself to his feet. "I want you to try and kick the shit out of me.” The Senju turned to look at the Uchiha who sat next to him, a look of dedication and determination spread across his face. "Today was supposed to be my day off, and I wasn’t supposed to train, but I can’t even try to relax right now.” Clearly, the boy was a bit frustrated as he spoke. "I know you don’t even know me, and it’s probably a weird sounding request, but I don’t know what to do right now, and a hard spar sounds like a good way to get out of my head. No jutsu, just fists and feet.

TRUST ME,
I'll be as strong as they come

Font Color: #1668c5 | | Training

Temp By: A

last edit by Senju Hiromitsu on Mar 10, 2021 13:00:36 GMT -5
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 12, 2021 2:16:33 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei didn't expect the Senju to be so passionate about the topic. In fact, Issei thought that he might have agreed with those ways. He wondered if there were more Senju these days that weren't with the old ways of thinking. Issei imagined that the reason he might have had issues with the topic was that his clan still has some people that were like that; although, under Kazuto's leadership there was no telling what changes had been made.

Regardless, you couldn't control them all. You could only set the standard and deal with those who aren't trying to meet them when you catch them in the act of not meeting them. "I don't know.. My father has said a number of times that great power comes with great responsibility.. It's seen as disrespectful to have a gift as powerful as my own, and then waste it.. It's why he was shamed for so many years when he decided to step down."

The Uchiha's father was a perfect example of this. In their prime they were one of the best in the clan, and just when they were really about to make a name for themselves they stopped. Everyone assumed it was because he got scared along with a number of other humiliating things, but the truth was that he didn't have the desire to fight in wars for a cause he couldn't quite understand. Not to mention he had a much bigger path in front of him that he felt he was more suited for.

He always had a passion for cooking and socializing with others, and one day he manned up and decided to do just that. It got him a wife and a son, and he never looked back. When the Senju got his attention again after a brief moment of silence, he stated that he wanted him to kick the crap out of him. Issei glared at the guy with lost eyes as he wondered why Hiro would request such a thing. Especially when it seemed like the two of them were trying to do anything but that.

"You Senju people really are different, but I wont judge.. My people are kind of crazy after all."

Issei stood up from the spot he was invited to while shrugging his shoulders. "Either way I'll honor your request sir.. Helping people is a thing I like to do now so I guess it's only natural that I help." Issei couldn't directly relate to his words, but he kind of understood what he meant. There were many days when he needed to let off some steam, so he'd go to the lake near the Uchiha compound and shoot off Katon into the water.

"Straight fist and kicks, no magic... Ready whenever you are."
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 13, 2021 14:53:40 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

Hiro let out a breath and a small chuckle at the mention of "no magic.” "Be sure to use that Uchiha gift, though.” He said with a smirk. The genin would close his eyes, taking a few deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth, centering himself. Already he had started to get out of his own way as he stretched a bit, throwing one arm across his chest, and following with the other.

Before they would start, Hiro’s mind would flash. He had never fought an Uchiha before, and assumed this would be a prime showing of what the Sharingan would be capable of. Its abilities were known world wide, and he knew from Issei’s own words that they were bred to be the best of the best. He didn’t know exactly what to expect, but right now Hiro was expecting himself to lose. The two were identical in height and reach, though Issei didn’t seem slightly heavier than Hiro himself. He also figured Issei was a bit older than him, and as such more than likely would have more training. And who knew what the Uchiha would put their kin through to ensure they stayed cream of the crop. While they might have seemed fairly matched in terms of physical ability, it would be the Sharingan that pushed Issei over the edge in his mind. That didn’t mean Hiro wouldn’t go all out though. Like he said, he wanted to get his ass kicked.

Hiro locked eyes with Issei as he broke from his brief centering. He had only been training with Kazuto for a short while now, but he was sure that something of his training would have had to stick with him. His brow narrowed as he entered a fighting stance and waited for Issei to do the same. With another deep breath, the Senju would spring into action.

He would start off on the offensive, beginning with a series of kicks, two with his left foot before switching to his right with an axe-like kick. Hiro exhaled with every blow, focusing on his breathing more than anything, as he was trained to do. "Strength comes from your breath!” Tadashi’s words would echo through his mind. After his third kick, Hiro would follow it with a left hook, allowing his momentum to help empower his strike, while he quickly followed the hook with a powerful and direct jab with his opposite hand.

TRUST ME,

It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 19, 2021 22:20:59 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei was shocked when the Senju requested that he use his Sharingan. He didn't know whether or not this had to do with his confidence in his fighting ability, or if he simply wanted to challenge himself. At this stage his eyes weren't as formidable as the others in close range fighting, but it was good enough. To go along with his own feats and athletic maneuverability, landing a hit on him would be extremely hard if they weren't trained enough.

"It's funny that you mentioned that.. It would have been pretty embarrassing if I had to tell you no.. I guess to protect any future Uchiha ass you intend to kick, you might wanna ask them about having it first."

Issei added with a smirk before getting in a fighting stance. He imagined that he might have to be the one to start the fight because, well, that's what usually ended up being the case for him. There was a huge disadvantage that came with being the first attacker, especially when you were fighting hand to hand with no jutsu involved.

Issei begin trying to point out any weak points in Hiro's fighting stance just as he begin to activate his Sharingan. Much to his surprise, Hiro decided to make the first move between the two of them. Issei was shocked and impressed at the same time that Hiro was so willing to attack first.

The Senju did note that he wanted his ass to be kicked, he just hoped that he intended to put up a fight before he did. Issei remained calm and focused as Hiro closed the distance, and once the Senju got in range he begin attacking with a series of kicks. Hiro had to be pretty proficient in Taijutsu to lead with a flurry of kicks.

The latter was a move that was not used often as it was easier to stop if not used correctly. The Uchiha's overall maneuverability would aid him well in avoided the first two kicks. From here he could sort of gauge where his talent level was in comparison to his own. They were fast, but it lack the sort of speed he'd expect from someone in his class.

The first two kicks were followed up with an axe kick from his right. The look on his face as he moved backwards and sideways out the way was one of surprise. The Senju's movements were paced well and were extremely fluid, but that wasn't even the best part about his combo. It was the left hook that followed the missed on the axe kick.

Genius..

The Uchiha thought as the hook came in. He decided that would borrow this combo for himself to use later on if he had the chance, if not, then in future bouts with others. Issei utilized a right hook of his own, but instead of having a closed fist he utilized an open palm. With this he would slap away the left hook from the outside of his fist.

The next action that took place was a side step to Hiro's left side which was followed by him attempting to place his right hand on Hiro's left shoulder, and then pulling it in. The latter action would hopefully use the Senju's momentum against him by turning his body to the right.

Issei attempted to follow this up by using his left knee to collide into Hiro's rib cage before attempting a straight kick with that same leg to the same spot. This time with enough force to hopefully knock him into the ground. Issei would do well to reduce the power in his kicks so that he wouldn't cause any damage serious enough to warrant medical attention as this was a spar.

SA ACTIVE:
  • E.P.T. | SOLE REFLEXES | HANSHA 反射 - Fighting up close in combat with Issei will prove difficult to opponents seeing as his ability to see others movements almost before they even fully develop puts them at a disadvantage. This ability isn't however, made to be an excuse for god modding, instead, it is used as a measure to separate himself from those who have not devoted a prioritized amount of time into that area of training.
  • SHARINGAN | 1 TOMOE KG - Through birthright and blood Issei has access to the Uchihas legendary power, the Sharingan. With it, Issei can do a number of things starting with his enhanced perception of movement. While its abilities are not on par with the second and third tomoe eyes its visual prowess is still strong enough to just barely slow the movements of others, and when used in conjunction with his reflex ability it makes it harder for others to get to him, hit him, or even just get closer to him in general without Issei spotting them. The Sharingans most popular skill stems from its ability to see Chakra in physical form. With it Issei can not only distinguish what is being used based on its color, but its visual prowess allows him to see through Genjutsu making it easier for him to Kai out of it. SN: Kai is still limited to what the chart says.
  • SUPERIOR CHAKRA | RESERVES - with this he is able to perform use a larger repertoire of jutsu without the consequences of running out of chakra like most are accustomed to, and thus isn't limited to the amount of jutsu he can use at once. Also this ability grants him the power to user higher ranking jutsu with little to no consequences given the fact that he has a greater amount of chakra than most.
  • ENHANCED AGILITY | E.P.T - Through rigorous training and effort Issei has taken his close combat maneuverability to an entirely different level. This time with his forward, backward, and lateral movements. Agility for short. Because of his training Issei is now capable of moving his body without the consequences of his muscles inability to handle his own body weight and speed. With this, he can move around almost as if the laws of physics don't apply using his near perfect movement precision. The Uchiha not even needing slightest bit of momentum to move his own body. When this ability is used in conjunction with his enhanced reflexes and Sharingan ability those who are around the same level will more than likely have a hard time hitting him as his ability to escape without the drawback of collapsing will make it even harder to land a hit on him.
POUCH ITEMS
  • ----
  • ----
  • ----
JUTSU
  • ---
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 22, 2021 9:15:14 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

While it shouldn’t have come off as much of a surprise, Issei was quick to react to Hiro’s moves. The sharingan was known for its heightened perception, among other things, after all. The Uchiha would rotate himself to Hiro’s left side, placing a hand on his shoulder and using his own momentum to bring him closer. It took him a moment to figure out what exactly was happening, but when it finally clicked the first blow had been struck.

Issei placed a firm and powerful knee to Hiro’s ribs. He let out a gasp of air as the blow connected, and his reactions had just been quick enough to help absorb what came next. Another powerful strike with the full leg would send Hiro off a few feet. He’d slide across the ground a bit, wincing as he could feel his side pulse with a bit of pain. He grinned through it though, quite thrilled with the situation he had gotten himself into.

Quickly, Hiro pushed himself back up to his feet, locking in on the red eyes of his opponent. His brow narrowed, wiping a bit of dust and blood from his elbow. He let out a heavy breath, smiling to Issei with a devilish intent, before he would push himself right back into the fight.

For years, Taijutsu was Hiro’s main focus. With his genin team leader Tadashi pounding into him the basics, the Senju’s form was near perfect. He knew to focus on his breathing, focus on doing things right, not doing thing’s strong or fast. The rest would come if he had mastered his basics. By now, though, Hiro was certainly close to what was considered top tier among his peers, but that did not mean that he would prove better than Issei. Quite the contrary, in fact. Even without the Sharingan, Hiro could tell he was out classed. Issei had pulled his last kick, even.

He and Kazuto had been focusing on his speed and endurance more than anything lately. Aside from his Mokuton, of course. So, it was now time to prove he had gotten better in the few weeks since Kazuto had taken him under his wing.

Hiro would rush in as fast as he could, jumping in the air with a high kick aimed for Issei’s chin. Whether the kick would hit or miss, Hiro would make his best effort to follow it up with a quick right and left jab before he thought to change things up. He would quickly lower himself after the two punches, following the small combination with a powerful right hook aimed for the Uchiha’s thigh.

TRUST ME,

Font Color: #1668c5 | | Training!

It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 24, 2021 12:48:16 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei was curious as to how he was going to respond to the hits he just landed on the Senju. It might not have been his best, but it was still going to leave behind some pain. While the Senju was gathering himself Issei noticed the devilish grin that was on his face. He didn't know to be impressed, or just freaked out. This kind of personality was completely opposite from the persona he'd experienced with his time and training with Kazuto.

The Senju were powerful and tenacious, but even with knowing that the Uchiha did not expect this. Did Hiro really want him to beat him up that bad? Or was he really just trying to push himself and he was using that as a means to push himself? It was all too confusing, but he wouldn't let his guard down. Even if he did feel a little uncomfortable after seeing how he got up from the ground. The Uchiha's feelings were written all over his face.

When Hiro begin making his way toward himself, Issei waited patiently to see what the Senju was going to do. The guys first move once again surprised him as he went up into the air aiming for a kick toward his chin. "Bold.." Issei murmured quietly to himself just as he was crossing his forearm in front of him. He might have had a leg up on him in hand to hand combat, but that didn't mean his blows were as weak as an academy students.

Issei did well to block Hiro's kick just before the latter. The force was powerful enough to send him stumbling back a few steps, but it wouldn't catch him completely off guard. The Uchiha continued to utilize his forearms while Hiro begin throwing jabs at him. Blocking each arm hoping to test the durability of his muscles. The kick combined with those two jabs were definitely going to leave some bruising down the line if he kept pushing his luck.

After blocking the two punches, Hiro lowered his center gravity before aiming a right hook toward his thigh. Issei was shocked to see him go for such an odd, but rather intelligent move. Going for a kick would have caused greater pain, but the likelihood Hiro would have landed such a blow in close range was minimal. Issei was fast, responsive, and had good lateral movement, but he wasn't a God of Shinobi yet. The hook to his thigh would definitely connect.

"Good move."

Issei murmured just before planting his right foot into the ground and propelling himself forward so that he could attempt to knee the Senju in the face with his left leg. Issei hoped to catch the Senju by surprise by using the leg he got a good hit on. The Uchiha could still feel the print of his fist on his thigh, but he'd have to push through it for now. This time around he wanted to be the one putting the pressure on Hiro.

If the knee to the face missed, Issei would plant the left leg to the ground and would use the forward momentum in his initial thrust to go for a right haymaker straight for the Senju's chest if possible. Regardless if the punch landed or not, Issei would use the momentum from that strike to spin his body counter clockwise into the punch in order for his to use a spinning back kick with his left leg.
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 25, 2021 9:19:10 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

A grin would cross his face as his blow connected. Hiro knew he put power behind the blow, but even still, one strike wasn’t going to make the fight. As if time slowed down, Hiro's reactions kicked in after he heard his opponent mumble something. With less than an inch to spare, the Senju could feel the wind from Issei’s knee off his face. His body would stretch back, forced to his feet or risk falling off balance.

As he rose, Issei kept to the offensive, swinging a powerful fist at the Senju’s chest. Hiro raised his right hand in an attempt to catch the blow, but seemed a split second too short as the fist would reach forward and hit him square in the sternum. Hiro let out an awkward sound as the wind was knocked out of him from the blow. As if that wasn’t enough, Issei would quickly rotate his body and fling a back kick, sending him back a few feet.

Well, this is what you asked for, isn’t it?

Hiro would land flat on his back, his torso throbbing from the connected blows, his ribs, his chest, he could feel it all tighten as he gasped for air. The Senju coughed, forcing air back inside himself. He could feel his body beginning to give, but Hiro still felt the urge to fight. He would stand, albeit a bit shakily, rotating his right shoulder before it made an audible pop. He’d bring his right hand up to his face, wiping a small bit of blood from the corner of his mouth. Before once again taking to a fighting position.

TRUST ME,

It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 26, 2021 17:40:46 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei couldn't tell if this was some trick placed upon him by the universe, but it was as if they wanted him to like these Senju people. I guess Tsuume, Kazuto, and Miho wasn't enough. The Uchiha sighed before grinning at the guy. He was definitely showing off that vitality he heard so much about from the Senju. The amount of direct hits he landed would have definitely taken out any normal Genin, but he obviously wasn't one of those.

"Humph."

The Uchiha shook his head as he was forced to acknowledge the reality of why the Senju and Uchiha had been the words most formidable clans. "If you're already this strong, then there is no telling where you'll be in the years to come.. Looks like I'll have to keep training so you guys never catch up to me." Issei stated confidently before he got back into his own fighting stance.

It seemed like this time around he'd get to be the one to make the first move for once. Issei didn't hesitate to run toward the Senju full speed. Issei assumed there probably much wasn't left in Hiro's tank, but he also knew that he wasn't going to show it either. Once Issei got within range of the Senju his first would be him planting his right foot on the ground.

The following action would be him raising his left leg into the air to perform an axe kick that would hit the Senju on the head. The Uchiha hoped that Hiro would block the attack, but if he didn't, when his left leg hit the ground he would go for a straight right leg kick to the guys chest.

If he did block it, then Issei would use the part of his body that Hiro would use to block as a platform for him to twist his body in a tornado motion before eventually kicking Hiro in the chest with his right leg.
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 29, 2021 15:51:43 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

By now, Hiro’s body was surely beginning to tire. However, he was not one to give up without a fight. He tried more than anything to take longer breaths, slowing his breathing to better his focus. Much easier said than done.

Hiro tightened his guard, raising his hands up to protect his face. As Issei planted his leg, Hiro did his best to read his movements. He kept his hands high, shifting his back left foot behind him slightly as he would step and lean away from the axe kick aimed towards his head. There was a strange and silent calm in his head as the two fought. All he could hear was his elongated breaths, all he could feel was the strong beat of his heart.

He had dodged the kick by mere inches, snapping his focus back to the present. Another kick would be sent his way, and Hiro would reach his hands forward, blocking the kick with his forearms. While the blow pushed his arms back to his chest, a good bit of its power was thwarted by his reaction. What came next, though, was Hiro’s last attempt to claim a victory.

As a third kick made its way towards him with Issei’s spiralling motion, Hiro would position himself to grapple the on coming strike. If he was unsuccessful in the motion, Hiro would have been at least able to absorb some of the kinetic power behind the kick through his arms, but it wouldn’t stop the blow from striking him clean in the sternum. If he was able to grab hold of Issei’s leg, however, Hiro would quickly drop his body to the ground in an attempt to bring Issei down off of his feet. From there, Hiro seemed to only find one option. A hammered fist to Issei’s leg. He’d opt to strike him in the thigh, rather than to the side of his knee, though, if he was able to do so. It was still just a spar, after all, and he didn’t want to cause any serious injuries to the man.

TRUST ME,

Font Color: #1668c5 | | training

It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Mar 30, 2021 14:31:17 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Blow after blow, it seemed like the Senju wasn't intent on giving up until he literally had nothing left in the tank. Issei didn't know what was going on through the mind of Hiro, but whatever it was had to be heavy. Issei wasn't the kind of person that could take a beating like this with his mind heavy. He didn't know if that was just the downside to being an Uchiha, or just a weakness within itself.

Nevertheless, the guy seemed to find a silver lining to his combo after he managed to get ahold of his leg. As a Taijutsu practitioner, that was the last thing you wanted to happen under any circumstance. The legs were a key component in a fight, and not having them under any circumstances placed in you in danger. Hiro followed up on his counter by dropping the Uchiha to the ground before attempting to strike him in the thigh.

Damn, technically this particular round of the battle is lost.

Issei noted to himself. There was still a way for him to recover, but the Uchiha acknowledge internally that under different circumstances that this fight would have turned out totally different if this was an exams, or worst, a fight to the death. The only advantage he had right now was that the guy was definitely running on a low tank. No way anyone would be able to endure so much without losing stamina.

Issei would use his free leg to kick the Senju in the chest area if possible to hopefully get Hiro off of him. If it managed to work then Issei would call off the fight as he expected there not to be much left for the Senju to give. Not unless he was hoping to Issei to carry him back into the village.

"Not gonna lie, that last move could have put me in some serious problems if this fight were under different circumstances." The Uchiha acknowledged out loud as he gathered himself from off the ground. "How you feeling man? I don't know too many people that can endure what you have."
It Starts as Kindling [Issei / Training]Apr 1, 2021 8:58:28 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

Hiro hit the ground like a ton of bricks after the exchange was over. Although he was exhausted, he did feel accomplished, and that Kazuto would be proud. The Senju was covered in sweat, and he could feel his body aching. While it didn’t feel like he had broken anything, he was positive he would have some serious bruises in the morning.

The boy would roll to his back, panting, his chest raising and falling with every exaggerated breath. He could feel his heart rate beginning to slow down now, though, and he managed to catch his breath and keep it in a steady rhythm, breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. "Yeah,” he said in between his breaths, "Under - different circumstances - you woulda’ - you woulda’ used jutsu - I’m sure,” Hiro chuckled a bit at that, completely agreeing with Issei. "So - I definitely - would have lost.” He’d laugh again, coughing after a quick moment as he could feel the pain in his ribs from his diaphragm moving.

While he might have caught a lucky break at the end, as far as he was concerned, in a real scenario, Hiro would have fared far worse. Today though, he would be more than happy to consider it a draw.

He’d sit up straight now, though still not getting up off the ground. "How am I feelin’?” He would ask, looking up to Issei with a wince. "Let’s just say I know Kazuto will have some questions about why I’ll be moving so slow come tomorrow's training.” He would laugh again, slowly standing up, holding an arm across his chest to clutch his ribs. "I know this is kind of what I asked for, but I can’t exactly say I’m grateful.” Hiro looked to Issei with a broad smile on his face, remembering the words Kazuto had told him on the day he became his newest student.

For too long the canker of arrogance has festered in our clan. We thought ourselves removed from the other clans and in that haughtiness, we lost our purpose, our mission. I will see that such beliefs are drawn out and expunged, that we see our fellow clans not as competition but as brothers. The time for petty differences is over, and I entrust to you, to be first among many to extend bonds of friendship and mend the wounds.

As the words echoed in his mind, Hiro would bring a fist up to Issei, hoping he would catch the notion to "bro-fist” him back. "You and me?” He would start, locking eyes with the Uchiha, "We’re gonna have to do this again.” Hiro would smile at the teen giving him a new found look of companionship, one of brotherhood. "Only, maybe give me a couple months,” Hiro would laugh at himself, offering Issei a small nod, excited for the newly created bond between them.

TRUST ME,

Font Color: #1668c5 | | No Notes!