"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
hidden mist & snow trade
"when water flows and snow falls, nature listens."
- Kaguya Toru, hachidaime mizukage

lower priority missions

All missions must be done w/ a shinobi from Yukigakure and Kirigakure.

HUMBLE BEGINNINGS
MISSION RANK: C
NPC REQUIREMENT: N/A
PARTICIPANTS: Unassigned
DESCRIPTION:
Sail north of Whirlpool Country. Help our builders set up a naval base for us to trade out on one of the smallest uncharted islands there. Yukigakure and Kirigakure must have a strong foothold goods wise in the region to avoid competition. Do not give Kaminari no Kuni reason to think we are there for anything other than to do business. Remain neutral.

Can be Completed 3 Times! Each time the base should improve.
Slot 1 - Futago Raimaa & Mayonaka Homare [Completed]
Slot 2 -
Slot 3 -

KIRI & YUKI
MISSION RANK: C
PARTICIPANTS: Unassigned
DESCRIPTION:
Setup a proper trading center in Gengetsu in Mizu no Kuni. Then, sail North and setup a proper trading center at the most appropriate trading port in Yuki no Kuni. Get rid of any opposition along the trade route line between Mizu and Yuki.

Can be Completed 3 Times! Each time the base should improve.
Slot 1 - Completed: Waruichi Asuna, Yuki Hinata
Slot 2 -
Slot 3 -
beta priority missions

GET CLOSE
MISSION RANK: B

NPC REQUIREMENT: Optional 
DESCRIPTION:
There is a small island close to Hi no Kuni just West of Mizu no Kuni. To streamline our trade route, establish a base nearby this island and eradicate anyone who attempts to trespass on our plans from this small island, furthermore clear out threatening bandit or pirate keeps in the area - focus on the highly trained ones. Avoid conflict with Hi no Kuni shinobi, we are here to establish allied trade routes not create international incidents.

Can be Completed 2 Times! Each time the base should improve.
Slot 1 -
Slot 2 -

NORTHERN BORDERS
MISSION RANK: B
DESCRIPTION:
Sail North and help our builders set up a naval base in the middle of the ocean as a stopping point. It should be directly between Kaminari no Kuni and Yuki no Kuni. Avoid conflict with Kumogakure to the best of your ability. Eradicate unauthorized persons in the area - especially any pirate ships sailing around. Give no one any reason to think that we are there for any reason other than to set up a trade route between Kirigakure and Yukigakure. 

Can be Completed 2 Times! Each time the base should improve.
Slot 1 - Completed: Takahashi Kurai, Futago Raimaa
Slot 2 -
alpha priority missions

CHOKEHOLD
MISSION RANK: 
A
NPC REQUIREMENT: Required 
PARTICIPANTS: Minami Sora, Hōzuki Mizuki & Daigo
DESCRIPTION:
Establish two naval / trade bases. One on the southern side of Kaminari no Kuni and Shimo no Kuni ocean borders. The other on the northern side. Create a chokehold on the region. Allow trade to pass as normal, and do not impede political exchange as normal. Note that these are simply strategic spots for Yuki and Kiri to trade from, nothing more. Note that there is a small island nearby hosting a 'pirate king' eradicate the king and any supporters or naysayers of our activity without creating an international incident or starting a war.

Can be Completed 1 Time!
last edit by Kaguya Toru on Feb 5, 2024 12:39:20 GMT -5
Han has written 2,374 posts
kiri + yuki trade mission boardDec 26, 2021 18:40:39 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
The way these missions are written there's no clear threat let alone one with shinobi training.

To be honest I am also not comfortable with missions 'creating' things in not your lands. You really shouldn't have say over that and though others being mad about it could be the 'risk/danger' that raises mission rank. The fact of the matter is more likely than not, they'd just destroy it after it was established and not bother going when a mission occurred. If these things are being built within territory you own, then there's really no conflict without one being clearly written.
has written 685 posts
kiri + yuki trade mission boardDec 27, 2021 4:05:36 GMT -5
Han
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation
The idea is not that we are building on other people's territory or simply building something within our own, the idea is that we are creating outposts in previously unclaimed sections of water. The idea is that we are extending a military and mercantile hand to a previously uncontrolled area to help establish a trade route. This obviously comes with the threat of pirate intervention, but it is also possible that other countries might not like the idea of us extending our presence in the water and might engage in countermeasures to attempt to slow down our building.

The Kiri & Yuki mission in particular focuses on sailing along the trade lines between our respective nations and destroying pirate presence on the water to avoid intervention with our trade development.

A map is included to clarify areas of missions. These are not to take place inside other nations or on their land, but nearly getting boldly close enough to make other nations nervous.

Han has written 492 posts
kiri + yuki trade mission boardDec 27, 2021 9:13:11 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
How're you establishing an outpost in the water?

If there are pirate threats, then make that the focus of the mission and give an idea of why there's a shinobi among them for the B-rank.

As for the A-rank, I can't really think of a time a nation blockaded another nations trade, regardless of if they allowed their ships in or out of it, without it being seen as an act of war. Even though you're calling it unclaimed waters, if it's a nation or multiple nations trade routes, they're not going to be like, "Oh well they claimed it before us, I guess it's theirs now." It'll be seen as extortion.

I can double check with Q, but if Suna or Konoha tried anything like that around Earth Country, I'd very much claim it an act of war.
last edit by Yoshiko on Dec 27, 2021 18:58:10 GMT -5
has written 685 posts
kiri + yuki trade mission boardDec 28, 2021 3:54:58 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
My thought for establishing outposts in the water was one of the following:
1 - Usage of small islets for the foundation. In the real world, we have not mapped every single small landmass and it's not unrealistic there would be very small pieces of land that could support naval structures.
2 - Artificial landmasses. Similar to landing pads floated out and anchored in the real world, we build and then transport a structure to be hunkered down at sea. Otherwise, we could perform a very large-scale terraforming operation. We are shinobi after all, doton manipulation is not out of question.

Chokehold is meant to be a risky mission which presents the possibility of conflict. Remember that these are small outposts where Kiri (due to their navy) will be saying "we're just using these as stopping points for our ships to help with trade with Yukigakure/Takigakure/Iwagakure/Amegakure" (including rest, re-supply, and actual exchanges going on at this posts). We will not be blockading trade and in fact, will say that Kaminari no Kuni may use the trade outposts as well if they so chose. It's a "we're just making sea trade more open".

These missions were all made with the idea of people inside the other relevant nations responding with counters to either just check things out or fully intervene. In a world where magical terrorism is possible and discrete, an economically strained nation like Kaminari no Kuni has many options before declaring war, I do not think these outposts which would be likely common on land are nearing a declaration of war in uncharted or otherwise unclaimed water. Please do check with Q.
kiri + yuki trade mission boardDec 28, 2021 3:57:10 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Here's an idea of what these outposts would like in their most rudimentary state. As you can see it's possible to build something attached to small pieces of stone. Ours would likely be a little more "storm" ready but I digress. This is an example of how small the land being 'occupied' is.
kiri + yuki trade mission boardJan 1, 2022 14:52:28 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
KK, so can you still for the B-rank and A-rank establish a clear pre-existing threat to achieve the rank they're set too. As if these countries don't choose to counter, than I don't see these not just being C-rank mission.

I've sent a message to Q, but if you add the pre-existing challenge, then it'll be more a question of if he's going to write a counter mission. As technically you'd follow through not knowing and he'd need to exert resources to even know it's going on.
has written 685 posts
kiri + yuki trade mission boardJan 2, 2022 5:22:23 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
Yoshiko Avatar
KK, so can you still for the B-rank and A-rank establish a clear pre-existing threat to achieve the rank they're set too. As if these countries don't choose to counter, than I don't see these not just being C-rank mission.

I've sent a message to Q, but if you add the pre-existing challenge, then it'll be more a question of if he's going to write a counter mission. As technically you'd follow through not knowing and he'd need to exert resources to even know it's going on.

I have modified the missions to provide a specified danger or thing to fight in each one. The A-Rank is a little more specific. The B-Ranks are obviously more on the lower end of trained shinobi bandits.

Q messaged me on Discord and we spoke about it directly, Toru will be messaging the Raikage soon. Though in the meantime, Q gave permission for this to be approved and continue on without the thread finishing up.