Tearing Down Walls and Building Bridges

compose a reply
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 3, 2022 18:18:12 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

He was definitely happy to hear her getaway was at the waterfalls and she wondered if he wanted to see one. But the more she spoke, the more sorrow appeared on Sugita's face. Oh shit... I got in too deep... well, time to let it go. Kuni thought. It all started with him rejecting the idea and brushing her hair from her face. He even was shocked about the idea why she didn't think she was of any worth. He said her name before tugging at her arm, she looked at him and she gazed at him with her usual black, expressionless face. He gave her some pointers that there were good and bad people and she was to choose her company. He was right, he didn't know what her past was like... no one did. Kuni internalized his words and her expression grew sadder.

Sugita pulled her in close and Kuni felt comfortable aside from not feeling at all capable. She held onto him and let her body grow limper. "I appreciate your kind words. But Sugita... what if everyone... what if your village treated you like a monster? What... What do you do then?" Kunikunosaku stated burying herself deeper into him. "Everyone at my village... everyone in my clan... Even the leader of my village, they all treat me like a monster..." She was going to let it all out, and she hoped Sugita would understand, she needed him to. "Ever since I came upon this great power, I'm cursed to the point I'm not even sure I'm still human... Everyone thinks and sees me as that, a monster. I get no say... I'm worked to death, it's the only thing they see me as capable of." The girl started sobbing as she fell onto her knees.

"All it started was me wanting to help my clan, I was pegged as their savior but to do that, I had to become something not human. People pushed me into becoming a monster, one they control on a whim. One they send as expendable, no one cares about me, no one wants anything to do with a monster, and when I try to act on that. To reject it and deny it, I have no guidance to act like anything but. So they keep me on a leash, only to do their bidding, even if I think doing one thing is right, they always make me do the wrong thing. The world can't change because of me, and I'm too weak to stop them. Everything I know, all of it, has been beaten into me and I don't know how much more I can take. They are pushing me away from my own home yet, all they want is to use me like some emotionless, glorified weapon. It's because I exist that I am cursed to everything happening to me, and... I-I don't... I don't see a way out of this... I'm broken... and I'm far from okay..."

The Mikatakujira continued to sob, she was holding onto a strand, hanging while everyone was waiting to watch her fall... watch her fail.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 758 posts
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 4, 2022 19:00:18 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday 3/2 rank Genin occupation Squad 1
[newclass=.sugita]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sugita:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sugita b]color:#333451;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sugita i]color:#656b8c;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","sugita"]Sugita continued to hold on tightly to Kuni, his hand gently caressing her. He could feel her writhing in pain in his arms. His eyes were shut tightly, doing what he could to keep from cracking under the emotions that leaked from her to him, but he listened to them. God. How he heard them. Sugita let the young woman spill her heart out, understanding fully how much she seemed to need it. But why him? This was something Sugita didn’t quite understand. Regardless of feeling the way he did, and how he assumed Kuni felt, they still had only just met. Most around them would say it was rushed, but Sugita didn’t feel that was the case. He was drawn to her in a way he’d never felt before, and his need to protect her was overwhelming.

He could feel his shirt dampening as her cheeks rubbed against his chest. He did his best to let the weight of her words be transferred to him, but he could feel her crumbling in his arms, falling to the ground like the ashes of burnt ruins that had been left to decay by passersby. How long had she been bottling this? He didn’t want to even think about it…how long she’d carried this.

As the young man felt Kuni begin to slip to the ground, he anchored her down, laying there with her in the middle of a deserted pathway, holding her close and letting her feelings poor out. "It’s okay…cry if you need to…scream…if you need to,” he said rubbing her back gently. "You’re not a weapon, Kuni…you’re not a monster…”

He’d admit to himself, he wasn’t quite sure what she meant by not even being human anymore, but it didn’t matter to him. He gently nudged her to lift her head, wiping away a stray tear. "You’re the most real human being I’ve met…” He paused with a concerned and weak smile.

"Remember what I said about choosing your own company?” Sugita wouldn’t wait for a response. The question was mostly rhetorical, but his voice was soft and sincere. He wiped away another stray tear and straightened a few strands of loose hair that were hanging over her stunning eyes. "You need to be more kind to yourself, Kuni.” Sugita would take hold of her hand, cold in his grasp he would gently caress it.

"You’re not okay…but that’s fine…because you will be. It’s okay to feel this way…you’re human just like everyone else… you’re allowed to feel…”

mint has written 148 posts
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 11, 2022 13:53:17 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

She let most of it out, she subtly and vaguely spoke of her current condition but with how obscure it was, Kunikunosaku wasn't sure he would register it. The girl wanted so much to be held but even when she was, Kunikunosaku kept on crumbling in his arms, the weight of the world on her shoulders made it hard to stand, and right now, she made it clear it was crushing her, to the point she so badly wanted to give up. Kuni was in tears, the threads squeezing out every ounce of water out of her to give her the tools to really feel... at least Jiongu was understanding how much she wanted to be human, even if it truly was the worst thing in existence.

As she continued her descent, Sugita came down with her as she continued to crumble, as if it was impossible for her to stand. He did his best to comfort her, to reassure her she was not what everyone pegged her as, but, as much as she wanted to believe him, the harsh truth was she was still looking for her humanity. He gripped her attention, guiding her to look at him as he wiped away the tears on her face. She held onto his hand, trying to process what he said and she couldn't help but tear up again. To the Mikatakujira, that was one of the kindest things anyone has said to her and she didn't know how to properly react. He quickly asked his question if she recalled what he previously said, she nodded but he quickly re-routed to his next words. She needed to take better care of herself. It truly was something Kunikunosaku never really thought about, granted, she hasn't really had the time to do such.

She held onto Sugita tighter, looking at his face through teary eyes. "I don't know what to say... Thank you, Sugita." She stayed in place holding him almost for dear life. She just held on to him. Trying hard to contain her sobs. Finding it hard to even contain them, the girl moved fast to lay a quick peck of a kiss on his cheek, before moving back to hold herself against him. "Please... I really need you... don't go."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 22, 2022 19:29:08 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.sugita]width:350px;padding:25px;text-align:justify;background-color:#ffffff;font:13px Open Sans;line-height:20px;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sugita:hover]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.5s;transition-duration:.5s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[attr="class","sugita"]Of all the people in the world, why did Kuni make him feel this way? He’d met so many people between his village and others. He’d been close to countless people, but none made his heart sink to see them in so much pain. Even his younger siblings didn’t make Sugita feel their pain on this level, as much as a part of him hated to admit that. The young woman in his arms bled her emotions, and the young man soaked them in, hoping that by doing so it may ease her burdens.

His arms held her tightly, but gentle. He didn’t know what to do. His eyes closed shut, tight as they wrinkled above his clenched jaw. He could feel Kuni grabbing onto him, and he could feel their souls merging into something unformidable. Perhaps, even reckless. But he let it happen. He didn’t question it. It felt it, accepted it. He let this moment define him and who he wanted and needed be. Whoever that was, it was who Kuni wanted and needed, at least in this moment. His hand wrapped gently around the back of her head, holding her close as he felt the tears soak into his shirt. The two remained weak and broken on the settling dust of the less traveled roads.

Sugita couldn’t keep his thoughts together. They ran through in a series of painful jabs that tugged at his heart.

A tear of his own escaped him, falling flat on Kuni’s cheek as he continued to hold tight to her.

And then he felt it. Gentle. Soft. Wet? With the sound of a peck placed on his cheek, Sugita froze as it happened. His eyes then opened, taking a moment to focus with how hard they had been clenched. Just in time to see a pair of lips returning to their position from before, holding tight to his chest where she seemed to find comfort. Sugita’s arms relaxed and he felt a great weight pulling at him emotionally.

Gently, he pushed her away, his arms at her shoulders with his grey locking her hues. Furrowed brows peered back at Kuni, perhaps just as wet as her own. Kuni would then feel herself being pulled forward as Sugita gently kissed her forehead. He held it for a second before then lowering his head, meeting his forehead with her own, his hand still placed at the back of her neck as he supported her.

Just…who…are you…

"I’m not going anywhere.”

His head raised upward; a pair of fierce eyes displayed. "Ever.”

last edit by Kirigara Sugita on Mar 22, 2022 19:29:22 GMT -5
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 22, 2022 22:36:14 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Her life was in shambles, if it could even be called that. The used to be a blue-eyed, blonde with a bright future in front of her. Everyone loved her, enjoyed her presence, and when her family needed her, she selflessly and naively volunteered. She didn't know helping meant killing the saddest of her family to exist by pushing him into that black pool and how could she have predicted she was cast in with him. She only turned 13 hours earlier and her life was cut short... or so it seemed. Being ripped apart, bone by bone, eaten from the inside out, the world said goodbye to Kunikunosaku of the Mikatakujira clan.

That... thing that rolled out of the pit was a heart, the remnants of her teeth and her eyes. Before that creature recreated Kuni... or rather a shell of her. Broken, betrayed, anguished, the girl barely looked the same as her features were transmuted to fit what she has become. That thing went to her family's home and feigned sickness so the man of the house could care for the shell while his wife went on a mission. Nothing remained of the man that day save for the heart beating in that creature's chest. Labeled a monster and a freak of nature, it became a refined weapon and the remnants of Kuni's conscious only attached by chakra fought until she regained control of 'her body'. It was too late, the world had seen her as the monster she truly was at the Yuki Exams. Bit by bit, she grew stronger till she was put on a leash, weaponized to the point even the small conscious couldn't even tell what truly was left. Made even stronger by the village, it sought remnants of the past to rebuild itself and that alone almost demanded its destruction. Now, that mixture of barely a girl and a monster was here, crying out its soul to this Amegakure boy.

'Kuni', 'Kunikunosaku'...'It'... they were all labels used to define what she is. Broken pieces of a life forced to die, hope found the creature in the form of another, but he too burned that bridge and left her to her sorrow. This existence is something Kuni doesn't even wish on her most hated enemy. Death was a relief compared to this curse, and it took almost an army of people to convince it that it was still Kuni... but she let them down when they believed in her the most. Up until now, it wandered aimlessly, doing what was best for it's handlers, but even that only further killed the hope within her. She couldn't formulate it into the right words, but calling out that she needed Sugita, that he shouldn't go; shouldn't leave, that was her way of saying he was her last hope for finding her humanity, of rebuilding the real Kunikunosaku, of putting some life in this shell's existence.

He was her last spark, and she knew it all too well, even if he didn't. She held on tightly, refusing to let go like her life depended on it, but he gently separated her from himself; all Kuni felt at that very second was fear, fear that her last hope was outright smothering itself right in front of her. She wanted to scream, to sob, to call him back, but the sudden realization of his lips meeting her forehead made it all stop. It was like she was frozen, only still up by his support. He pressed his head against hers and spoke. He wasn't going to leave, enunciated as he pulled to look up.

Ever.

The thought that his 'ever' was infinitely shorter than her 'ever' made it feel like a hollow victory, but... it made her feel safe, it made her feel warm... it made her hope again. "Thank you, Sugita! Thank you!" She finally moved to hold him gently, nowhere near as soul-crushingly tight as before. It was quiet, a whisper among whispers, but the sound was still there. "Thank you." It felt like she will come back, this time... only for him. In truth, she didn't want to leave and right now, she simply couldn't on her own right now. "Su-... Sugita?... How-How long can I stay here... I don't want to go back..."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMar 23, 2022 8:24:27 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","sugita"]Truthfully, Sugita didn’t know what to say. He paused, eyes lowered before shaking his head slowly, disappointment clear. "I really don’t have a say,” he said defeated. He wasn’t sure what circumstances Takigakure was in, or how they handled business in other villages. For all Sugita knew, Kuni could be expected to have left the village already, or perhaps their Kage would allow for even two weeks before turning. There were many factors that could go into something such as this.

Sugita had likely more knowledge about village affairs than most given his frequent travels, but that didn’t make him all-knowing. He was such a small piece in a very large and complicated playing board. "I’d like to think that someone who works as hard as you do would be allowed a ‘mini-vacation’ … but things are difficult between villages.”

To Sugita, it didn’t seem fair, but that was life. Sanosuke and the other village leads had it hard, and Sugita knew that their reasoning and their decisions had merit. He didn’t know what happened behind the doors of the Ame Lord’s office, though sometimes he wished he could be more involved. Perhaps he would express interest once he had earned the right. He had a promise to keep first, and miles to go.

"Did your Kage not give specific instructions on your mission to Amegakure?” he asked curiously. Perhaps they did things differently.

Sugita slowly stood to his feet, offering his hands to the crumbled, white-haired girl before him. Should she accept them, he would help lift her and embrace her once more in a warm hug. He’d look at her with worry-filled eyes that soon flipped to a warm smile. "Things will work out, peanut.” Sugita caught himself. That was what his mother called his younger sister when she was upset. It always calmed her down, for whatever reason. He hoped Kuni didn’t take that the wrong way.

His grey eyes flickered away. "Anyway, for what it’s worth, I don’t see why you couldn’t stay a few days. I think it’s good practice to see other villages and cultures. Right?” He tried to convince himself as well, wishing for her to stay at least a while longer if she could.

Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesApr 1, 2022 23:19:26 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Broken down by her own words, her build-up of stress, the eyes on her and the expectations they come with, all of the death threats, and the amalgamation of all the harsh treatment and extensive overwork, just fully poured onto Sugita... well mostly poured, she still retained a lot of information and withheld them from overwhelming the boy. The girl already cared too much to crush him like that, some would call it an emotional attachment disorder, and others would call it teenage idiocy. Even the boy stated he didn't know what to say but that could have been in remarks of her asking to stay. Kunikunosaku didn't really know what he was referring to at the moment, she just wanted to hold him and not let go.

He expressed the knowledge of someone that who works as hard as she would... should... could be entitled to a mini-vacation and if the lord let her take a mental reprieve in Neutral territory, wouldn't it be more than possible for Kuni being higher ranked to stay at an Allied Nation? Slowly, Kuni calmed down, she was running low on artificial tears and Jiongu knew that. It would ease up gradually to stop the flow of tears but it was up to the girl to calm herself down to an appropriate level of composure. Sugita asked if her Lord gave her any specific details for this expedition assignment and the girl quivered.

"No... no one told me anything, all he told me was deliver these goods." Kuni whispered as she felt Sugita pull away and stand up. She looked at him with the same expression she had when he asked him not to go but that expression softened when she saw his hand outstretched to her. She reached up to grab his hand as a support to help her up and when he pulled her back into an embrace, the Mikatakujira felt slightly calmer. Although, she was honestly caught off guard when Sugita referred to her as peanut after reassuring her. Her eyes opened momentarily to glance at his direction before closing her eyes to enjoy his embrace.

She felt like she made the right decision here and she wouldn't want anything to change, maybe having a smaller breakdown or none, but in that moment of vulnerability, she has never felt so close to anyone she knows. His last sentence came with an agreeing nod and hum. "With the lack of further direction, my rank, and how I'm viewed. I don't think they'd mind me staying a little longer, and if they do, I'll think of a way out, maybe say I found a wanted nuke and followed their trail till evidence got cold." In her defense, it was entirely believable since she alone brought in a Jōnin nuke, it helped her gain her promotion after all.

"I... I think I'm ready... where should we go now? What do we do?" Kuni asked as she pulled away from Sugita just to wipe her tears away.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesApr 12, 2022 20:47:57 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","sugita"]Sugita frowned a little. She really didn’t seem to be in the position to spend her time in another village, as much as he hated to admit it. If they were in fact keeping her on a tight chain, as she called it, then just what kind of trouble was she actually in? What did she do? The young man would quickly shift those thoughts away, the thought of Kuni appearing at least a little calmer put his heart at ease.

Her next words, however, sent his heart left, but then it quickly fell again. He shook his head vehemently. "No, you shouldn’t have to lie,” he said though instantly regretted his words. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to see her, only that it felt wrong to have to lie to see someone you cared about. "I can’t tell you what to do…you know your village and its rules better than I do.” He truly didn’t have the right to try and convince Kuni to do one thing or another, all he knew was that he wanted her to stay, but he didn’t want to her compromise herself, her values, or her reputation in her village by staying longer than she would normally be allowed.

He quickly grabbed hold of Kuni’s hand, holding onto it gently. "Let’s not worry about that for now though, yea?” He smiled brightly, beginning to lead the way. He shooed her hand away, wiping the tear for her. "How about for now we just enjoy the day. What do you say?” He didn’t wait long for an answer. Admittedly he was too excited. Even with her sad face still etched in his mind, there was still something he wanted to show her. Perhaps it would cheer her up? He hoped so, at least.

Their walk wasn’t much longer when Sugita suddenly stopped. Before him was what seemed to be a wall of ivy, dangling several meters high. In some places, rock showed through the green dangling leaves, but in others it seemed too thick to notice. "This is it,” he said taking a breath before he reached out towards the ivy, parting it to reveal a hidden entrance. Silence surrounded them in the most calming of fashion. Only their footsteps and the sounds of their breath could be heart in the echoing cave.

For a moment it was pitch black. Sugita pulled Kuni closer, resting his hand respectfully on her upper back to guide her through the darkness. He knew the path with his eyes closed, and with his careful guidance she wouldn’t even hit a crumbled rock on the ground. "If you trust me…close your eyes.”

He hoped that she would. After a few moments of walking through the tunnels, if she did have her eyes open, she would have noticed the rocks glowing and the dark cave would open to bright entrance where crystals lined the inner walls, reflecting the sun that crept through a hole in top of the cave. The two of them would be able to hear nothing now, their voices drowned by an echoing waterfall. Sugita tapped on Kuni’s shoulder, signaling for her to open her eyes, if they weren’t already. The entrance was glowing bright with sea green crystals, and at the center of the cave was a small pool of water, deep as one would ever see, but crystal clear with shining rocks at the bottom as well.

He didn’t bother to speak, but simply smiled. His voice wouldn’t be heard in here. His eyes would simply say what they needed, "This is where I come to be left alone…in silence.”

Sugita would then turn towards the middle of the cave and take in as deep of a breath as he could manage, and with a small pause and a playful glance at Kuni…he would scream.

But not a single note was heard over the waterfall.

So he stood there…in his own "silence” …and screamed.

Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesApr 16, 2022 13:38:52 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Perfection. Not due to the situation, that was far from ideal. It was the reactions Sugita had that memorialized this event in her mind. She couldn't imagine a time that made her feel so human, there was no other time that affected her this much, even her time with Wasurete didn't have this effect. It reminded her the decision to cut it off was for the better. So many things had to happen a certain way for her 'life' to come to this exact spot; both good and bad. If even one thing was different, would she even be here, would she even stay here for as long as she was planning? The variables all had a domino effect but what if there was even one piece missing? Would she have met Sugita?

As much as Kunikunosaku hated the 'life' she was cursed with, it did come with moments that would be impossible to have if things did not go the way they did right now. Sugita spoke and according to him, she shouldn't have to lie. While that was a nice idea, it still left some pretty dangerous questions out in the open, ones that Kuni didn't want to address due to how they may come off. And he was right, he couldn't tell her what she can and couldn't do relating to her village. Unfortunately, Sugita was right, but with that very lack of information, the girl could only reach one conclusion, Fuck them.

The boy was quick to grab her hand firmly, telling her that it was best not to dwell on that for now; his smile and him wiping away her tears. It brought a smile and a nod as he wanted to move on. She followed him to a wall of ivy and the Mikatakujira was confused. It wasn't until he separated the roots that Kunikunosaku was shocked. It was a hidden entrance but relatively dark. Even if she was more attuned to the dark, she couldn't really make out what was in front of her, so she was incredibly grateful Sugita was guiding her. Best of all, his touch felt nice and warm. He stated if she trusted him to close her eyes and she had done so. "Okay, I'm ready." He continued to guide her and she slowly started hearing his heartbeat stronger and stronger. I know, stand down Jiongu. Kunikunosaku thought to herself as she continued down the road with him.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and the girl presumed it to be a sign to open her eyes. When she did, she was taken away. Kunikunosaku looked around, slowly walking forward as she bathed in the light created by the crystals. It was nice, natural, and the girl felt at peace... mostly. Steady, slightly fast and paced beats, despite a small flutter, it was all she could 'hear' over the crashing waterfalls, and when Sugita ran ahead of her, Kuni's eyes focused solely on him. It looked like he screamed but aside from the waterfall and the heartbeat Jiongu caught, she couldn't hear anything.

Kunikunosaku slowly walked over to his location, despite there being 'light', she was still cautious to not fall over something. Upon reaching the screaming boy, she put her hands on his shoulders, pulling him in close. She wasn't acting with intent, but purely autonomous. She didn't even think about what would happen nor the repercussions of it, she wasn't even thinking in the slightest. In the ethereal glow, in the available darkness, Kunikunosaku felt relatively closer and closer. "I don't know if you can hear me but... thank you." The Mikatakujira slowly placed a peck of a kiss on him, cheek, forehead, lips, any singular spot he was comfortable with before moving onto to hold him, so tight but so gentle.

Sugita was so warm.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesApr 25, 2022 13:16:55 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","sugita"]Sugita looked to Kuni, his greys meeting her beautiful hues, accenting her white hair perfectly. He smiled softly, looking down and taking her hands gently and holding them in his own. He could hear nothing over the waterfall, but suddenly felt a soft hiss on his cheek…and then his forehead…and then his lips. For a moment, he was stunned, but he felt a warmth take over him and even then, the sound of the waterfall fell silent around him.

How could someone who felt so cold to the touch warm his heart so easily?

The boy leaned in closer to the kiss, embracing it momentarily before releasing. He moved in to hold her at seemingly the same time as Kuni had moved in herself. He held her close, letting the continuing silence echo. He felt as though his heart had stopped and he could feel a knot forming in the back of his throat. He swallowed it, but it did little good. He was too far in, now.

He held her closely for what seemed like a lifetime, but still not long enough, before pulling back with a bright and cheeky smile. His grey eyes travelled to the water, and a more mischievous side of him took over. Sugita smiled and simply ran off, jumping headfirst into the crystal-clear waters in the cavern.

For several seconds he would disappear. If Kuni was watching, she would see light coming up closer and closer to the surface as Sugita emerged with two shining crystals in his hand about an inch in length. He stayed in the water, but raised one of them to Kuni, offering it to her, and keeping the other to himself in a tightly closed fist.

Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesApr 27, 2022 13:11:30 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Very few things can compare to this moment and those that could all occurred in the same day. It bound her hearts in unison and the Mikatakujira felt warm, she felt calm... she felt human. She was standing in the arms of Sugita, he was so close to her as she was to him. Kunikunosaku's head swirled, every thought that brought her down washed away like a stick in a stream. Her problems were simply gone to the furthest part of her mind, all that really mattered to her was this exact moment. A warm feeling of joy washed over her deathly cold body and all she could think concretely about was Sugita, his embrace, his words, his actions... his eyes.

After what felt like days, Sugita finally pulled back and all she could do was smile at him, even if she didn't want him to go. Even only just having a day together, the girl was astutely sure she was already head over heels for him. A dangerous and risky spot so soon but she couldn't help it. Deep under the black threads, the hunger for hearts, the traumatized psyche, there was a girl who only wanted to be accepted and loved, a feeling always denied to her time and time again. That is, until she came into this moment. Could she be misguided and stepping on a needle, possibly. But if a sword didn't hurt her, she was confident a needle wouldn't.

She watched the boy as ultimately, he pulled away and hurled himself into the water of the cave. Kuni didn't know what the appropriate reaction was here and she didn't know if she should stay put or follow him. She walked to the water and the bottom half of her dress unstitched and restitched to unveil more of her legs. She sat at the edge of the water as she watched for the boy, watching the light slowly come to the surface, and saw Sugita break the surface.

Sitting at the edge of the water, Kuni kicked her legs gently in the water as she reached at the offered crystal. She doubted he was going to hear her over the waterfall but her expression painted the question of what exactly this was. She looked at him and mouthed the words, "Aren't you going to be cold?"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMay 5, 2022 19:05:36 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","sugita"]When it seemed Kuni was pleased enough with the so called ‘gift’, the boy would slap a pair of wet hands onto the craig, pulling himself out of the water. His clothes were soaking wet, but the water within the cave was surprisingly warm year around. Sugita chocked it up to some unnatural phenomenon, that or the glow of the rocks was radioactive, and he’d be killing them both over time, though he seriously doubted it. He’d played around in these caves since he was a small child, and his mother had told him stories about when she would go as a child as well, though through the years it seems she probably couldn’t even remember how to get there.

He sometimes wondered if he’d tell his sisters, but Sugita somewhat liked the silence of it all. What if he wanted to be selfish this time around? A part of him figured he’d earned it just through all the years of listening to their bickering off and on. Sugita didn’t shiver but did wring out the water from his clothes and when done would share a smile with the young Taki woman before him. He reached out again, taking he hand gently. They’d shared enough of their silence, and now he just wanted to hear her voice again.

Sugita would lead her once again through the cave, watching her step in the total darkness as he’d memorized ever turn and pebble. The light from outside the cave would begin to show, and he would loosen his posture and allow her to gain more control over her movements yet again. She didn’t need his help, he just wanted to give it to her with all his heart. The sounds of the waterfall were gone again, completely hidden in the cave. One wouldn’t know it even existed by just standing outside of it.

"It’s not much of a gift, but I guarantee you no one in Taki has one of these crystals,” he said with a blush to his cheeks. His eyes wandered, taking note of the time of day. They had spent several hours together so far after their initial meeting at the gates. "I never really asked, but do you have everything you need for your stay here?” He spoke of necessities for the apartment provided to her. He almost doubted that the fridge was stocked there, but who was to say or know until she even arrived.

last edit by Kirigara Sugita on May 5, 2022 19:05:54 GMT -5
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMay 11, 2022 19:20:21 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The crystal she held, it felt natural against her unnatural physiology. The girl was perplexed, it was like finding Jiongu's habitat in a place Jiongu shouldn't exist. Sugita pulled himself out of the water and the Mikatakujira smiled. She looked up at him and held her expression. Kunikunosaku just couldn't stop looking at him and when he started to reach out to her, the girl watched as she met him halfway. Warmth flooded her as the slightly wet Sugita, she felt bad she couldn't give him actual warmth, well she could try, it'd have a greater chance of hurting him. She looked into his eyes, feeling each of her hearts beat in sequential rhythm. If she had breath, the girl would hold it as she waited. He brought her up and lead the way to another location. With no resistance, the Kunoichi followed, her opposite hand still smoothing over the crystal. Soon, the sounds of life no longer drowned out by cascading water could be heard and the light grew to the point where Kuni could walk more confidently.

He started speaking again, stating it wasn't much of a gift but that no one else in Takigakure should have it. Kuni smiled as she covered it with both her hands, pressing it against her chest, hiding the fact the black threads moved quickly and quietly to cover up the crystal and hold it for safekeeping. "I absolutely love it, Sugita!" As he asked if she had everything she needed for her stay. Kuni, although discreetly, if he even looked, it'd show him at least a window of what she was. Hopefully, he didn't, she wanted to keep it as tight a secret as possible.

"Yes, believe it or not, I have everything, I'm prepared for any scenario at the drop of a pin." The Mikatakujira stated in a playful tone. "How about you, have everything planned for my stay?"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Tearing Down Walls and Building BridgesMay 11, 2022 19:45:57 GMT -5
Kirigara Sugita
Kirigara Sugita Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","sugita"]Sugita returned the smile. "I’m glad to hear it,” he said, still oblivious to her white lie. He was as gullible as ever. A part of him wanted to believe the best in everyone, and he could only see the best in the young woman before him. What reason would she have for lying to him about something as simple as that, anyway? His cheeks would turn red at the questioned she rebounded. Sugita would lift his hand, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "I uhhh, well yes technically,” he’d say with a small tremble to his breath. Technically he still lived with his mother and his younger siblings, but he found no pride in mentioning that. He helped all he could at home, but truthfully, he hoped to move into his own apartment as soon as he reached Chuunin. He couldn’t keep protecting his little sisters forever, right? Getting a place to his own was something he looked forward to, but he was just as nervous. Living alone for the first time seemed…well…lonely.

"Anyway, I know it’s starting to get late, but if you’re staying, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to meet up again tomorrow? If you’re feeling up to it, that is….” He didn’t want her to feel pressured. There were plenty of things he needed to do as well, but of course he’d much rather spend time with Kuni. "I can pick you up around noon?”