One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]

compose a reply
One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 15:40:06 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
It's all about the way you feel after it's done.
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/07 rank Jounin occupation
One-Handed, Handshakes!

It wasn't all that long ago Yoshiko participated in her own chuunin exams. Those memories still felt as fresh as yesterday, even if she now had seen so many in between. This whole event was a major milestone in these genin lives, even if they'd fail and especially if they died. There however for those watching and simply visiting or living in the place it was held. A lot of time passed with little to comfortably due, if you went out every shop and dine was packed with more people and noise than was enjoyable.

She wasn't the direct teacher this time of any shinobi either, so she really couldn't do anything backstage. She could however practice her own ninjutsu and look for odd jobs. Due her best to be productive on her visit to this foreign nation. Outside the city holding the exams, Yoshiko would find herself a nice small bridge over a small river. She'd come to this location in her normal attire and small bag of a few apples. They were just incredibly sweet and delicious so she had to buy a few. Taking a look out at the view the Nohime felt a deep sigh of relief, it felt to her like times were truly at their greatest in moments like this.

Retrieving an apple from her bag, she'd place the bag at her feet. A glance down at her reflection she'd remember why she'd come out this way though, to improve herself or at least not let herself deteriorate in skill. Concentrating on the desired task, she'd quickly perform a few hand seals. However she'd do so with one hand, it'd be done with no real regard to who was around her. There were too many shinobi around and this skill wasn't a secret of the village. More so she'd be performing a personal jutsu, so it'd be no real loss if anyone choose to mimic it. Taking the one hand two her lips and creating a half cone, she'd shoot out two birds of fire. Returning that hand to a seal, she'd begin guiding the katon projectiles like birds around her.

Once feeling proper control over her jutsu, she'd raise her other hand to her mouth and take a bite out of her apple. Nodding with content, as she'd attempt to keep the two flaming birds moving in an alluring manner. As though she'd summoned her own private carnival show, witness the acrobatics of these two majestic birds.
One Handed Ninjutsu
Yoshiko having mastered the art of holding a jinton shape in one hand, decided to use such knowledge to push the rest of her ninjutsu too. Thanks to her amazing chakra control, her ability to hold a powerful jinton shape with that control, and growing interest to expand her ninjutsu. Yoshiko has mastered one handed ninjutsu casting for her non-elemental ninjutsu, as well as basic elemental ninjutsu of her natural affinities. [Ninjutsu Techniques that aren't Jinton] When developing jutsu Yoshiko had developed multiple that only took one hand sign, so for her mastering this ability for the rest of her ninjutsu was child's play.

NAME: Katon: Shinpūtai [Fire Release: Kamikaze Squadron]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Very Low to keep active]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Katon
DESCRIPTION:
After being burned physically and metaphorically during the Iwagakure Rebellion; Yoshiko was beaten by the relentless will of Keiko's desolate salamander technique. The fire jutsu was the first fire jutsu that caught Yoshiko's interest. Unable to adopt the jutsu outright she worked to learning what she could of it, as well as what was similar to it, then in a show of her own kunoichi might designed her own version. Casting a much different form, one more akin to her nature, Yoshiko makes two small plane like birds of katon. These objects are roughly the size of a crow and can move at decent pace within 15m of Yoshiko, unlike Keiko's salamanders though, Yoshiko's birds don't explode. Instead with the activation of an additional hand sign, Yoshiko is able to launch these bird like fire projectiles at double pace for 10m before dissipating. These double paced birds hit much faster and with a more serious burn for their location of connection, even capable of catching a very dry object on fire. However these projectiles hit the area space of only a softball sized wound.

Improving Foreign Relations.
MADE BY ★MEULK

Yoshiko has written 929 posts
One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 16:52:47 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi was tense, her shoulders stiff and mind racing with possibilities. The rounds were done, but the scores were yet to be announced. She wondered if she passed or failed, or even if she did pass she wondered if she did well enough to impress anyone. The exams had a habit of being a defining moment for every ninja's life, and she was no exception.

First was the goal. Second was acceptable. Hell, the Mizukage himself only got second place too. Third would be rough. She couldn't imagine lower than that.

The thought was all consuming, and it was engrossing her entire being. She wanted a distraction, so she had gone for a walk. That's when she spotted the stranger weaving hand signs with one hand. On instinct, she put her hand on her sword. Hoping to attack the clear terrorist. Instead, the birds of fire shot out with no incredible violence. Only some beauty that seemed to match the creator of them.

"Oi." She'd call to the stranger from the other side of the river, off the bridge. "You shouldn't be doin' all that, I think, but... how'd you do that? Make the signs with one hand?"

Tact and social queues were hardly the abrasive girls forte, but she was in need of a distraction, and like Kazu had told her before... maybe something different.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 17:21:51 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

"Oi?" The jounin hummed to herself, as she'd be a bit thrown off by the shinobi's call to her attention. She was a sensor shinobi and when they'd stopped to her jutsu and turned to her, she'd a feeling there'd be some form of introduction. Turning to face the approaching kunoichi she'd get a better read of their chakra, but more importantly she'd sat through the fights and recognized the genin. A genin enforcing laws they themselves might of made up, it humored the rock kunoichi, but she'd avoid laughing. Her training channeled the positive energy to her smile and just listened clearly to Kasumi's words.

"Kirigakure doesn't want street performers during the exams? Sad." Her statement didn't show resistance and the word sad came without much expression to it, she'd give her wrist a shake and her hand seal a sort of snap. The two birds dancing overhead would merely flicker out of existence the chakra which kept them alive dispersing with the jutsu. "It certainly looks easier to do than it is, but you're essentially creating a seal half with hand and half with practiced chakra control. A technique of mine required I kept one hand occupied and an old one handed relative of mine had a scroll on half seals." Yoshiko wouldn't patronize the genin with riddles, a sword seemed already at the ready.

Gap of rank or not, it'd be ugly for things to get ugly. She'd like this interaction to go over pleasantly. Gesturing a deep bow of respect to the foreign shinobi in their homeland and not hers. Yoshiko would introduce herself in a soft, but clear tone of voice. "My name is Nohime Yoshiko and I am a jounin from Iwagakure, I brought Himishi Jou to the event." The dust release user would do her best to lead by example, attempting to give a pleasant proper introduction. At the same time she'd seen all the fights and had a feeling she should probably choose her association more safely.

One Handed Ninjutsu
Yoshiko having mastered the art of holding a jinton shape in one hand, decided to use such knowledge to push the rest of her ninjutsu too. Thanks to her amazing chakra control, her ability to hold a powerful jinton shape with that control, and growing interest to expand her ninjutsu. Yoshiko has mastered one handed ninjutsu casting for her non-elemental ninjutsu, as well as basic elemental ninjutsu of her natural affinities. [Ninjutsu Techniques that aren't Jinton] When developing jutsu Yoshiko had developed multiple that only took one hand sign, so for her mastering this ability for the rest of her ninjutsu was child's play.

NAME: Katon: Shinpūtai [Fire Release: Kamikaze Squadron]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Very Low to keep active]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Katon
DESCRIPTION:
After being burned physically and metaphorically during the Iwagakure Rebellion; Yoshiko was beaten by the relentless will of Keiko's desolate salamander technique. The fire jutsu was the first fire jutsu that caught Yoshiko's interest. Unable to adopt the jutsu outright she worked to learning what she could of it, as well as what was similar to it, then in a show of her own kunoichi might designed her own version. Casting a much different form, one more akin to her nature, Yoshiko makes two small plane like birds of katon. These objects are roughly the size of a crow and can move at decent pace within 15m of Yoshiko, unlike Keiko's salamanders though, Yoshiko's birds don't explode. Instead with the activation of an additional hand sign, Yoshiko is able to launch these bird like fire projectiles at double pace for 10m before dissipating. These double paced birds hit much faster and with a more serious burn for their location of connection, even capable of catching a very dry object on fire. However these projectiles hit the area space of only a softball sized wound.

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 18:03:18 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girl made an interesting point about street shows and the like, making Kasumi raise a brow and think for a bit. Did Kirigakure mind foreign ninja doing harmless jutsu as they were visiting? She wasn't really sure.

"Don't get me wrong, I don't speak for Kirigakure. I'm much too dumb to do anything like that. Just saying you start making hand signs and weird jutsu, someone might think you're doing an attack or something." She said with a shrug, now looking the stranger up and down curiously as she introduced herself.

"I'm Momochi Kasumi, Genin of Kirigakure. Good to meet you, I guess." It was a strange way to meet someone, she wasn't trying to start any conflict. Especially not at the exams.

"But none of that matters, alright? Tell me again how you do that with one hand. The half sign, and then just controlling it better? That's it? You mean I can swing a sword with one hand and do jutsu with another? That sounds perfect."

Kasumi would mess around a bit with her hands, trying to make the signs with only one but it just felt a little off. Something like riding a bike then relearning how to do it with one hand.

"And you brought Jou here. That kids my roommate, y'know. Haven't talked much to him, but... well, if I had to put up with him I think you owe me at least like, one lesson. Yeah? That makes sense?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 19:02:23 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

"It's always a pleasure to make the acquaintance of skilled shinobi." Yoshiko would state in reply to reaffirm Kasumi's statement of this being a good thing to meet. Perhaps not the reasoning that the genin believed, but if she wanted to learn one handed hand seals, then this was definitely a good meeting for her. The Nohime wasn't as apt to assist shinobi of another village, but she'd heard through the grape vines the plans Kirigakure had with Iwagakure. They were about to be close perhaps uncomfortably so, to get a foothold in another land. This meeting perhaps could be very beneficial to both of them.

"I saw your fights you put on quite the impressive display, so I'll teach you as much as I can about one handed seals. I do ask you try not to forget who taught you in return though." It seemed like a simple enough request, but it wasn't just some strange verbal request. Yoshiko would remove a coin from her sleeve and hand it to Kasumi. It was an item to allow a shinobi relatively easy access into SHAKAR facilities and even gain leverage in conversations with the right people. However it'd just be a coin to remember Yoshiko by as far as the genin would be able to discern. It seemed like an old discontinued coin, it's material wasn't of exceptional value. To the contrary it would likely not be worth selling normally.

"Eh, that's an interesting attempt at leverage, but technically I had to deal with and guard him for my travel. If you're looking for a good roommate payout, you'll have to take that up with the Tsuchikage's Office. Hehe..." Clearly the jounin was now playfully joking along with the concept their was any discernable reason she'd owed the Kirigakure shinobi anything. Crossing her fingers together the Nohime would crack her knuckles, before limbering up her wrists. She'd begin making hand seals within each hand for a moment, before giving a nod to confirm her own memory.

"So, to maybe make this easier, do you have a preferred sword hand or perhaps a jutsu you have in mind? There's technically two unique seals for each regular seal, depending on if you're using your left or your right hand. So learning this is like learning everything all over again twice. Luckily, you'll start noticing a pattern of where the original hand seals are similar." Yoshiko would proposition, as she'd pause to let the younger kunoichi reply and take a bite of her apple. Not trying to be rude, but apples were quick to lose freshness after already bitten.

Crouching down Yoshiko would grab another apple from the bag and offer it to Kasumi, as she was replying. Using gesturing to not interrupt, as her eyes remained locked onto the genin's. Clearly listening and just capable of multitasking such simple deeds.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 19:21:47 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The jounin was surprisingly cooperative, Kasumi thought. Maybe it was because they were from an allied nation, or maybe they were genuinely impressed by the performance that the Demon Cat had put on. Either way, Kasumi was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so she accepted the strange coin immediately.

"Leverage? You mean like... when you gotta lift something really heavy and need a lever?" Kasumi asked, a little confused. She'd inspect the coin. It didn't seem like money. Then she'd bite it, just to be sure. No, it wasn't a special material. "Don't worry, Nohime Yoshiko. I'll remember who started me on the teaching."

Then she quickly realized what she was jumping into. Relearning hand seals completely, then? The idea was daunting, but Kasumi could just taste how useful it could be. Or the metal was still lingering. She wasn't entirely sure.

"I swing the sword with my left hand. So I gotta memorize all the seals with just my right hands then, eh?" She'd ask, accepting the offer of the apple as she safely stored the coin in her pouch. She'd waste no time to take a bite.

"How'd you teach yourself? There some kind of hand exercise or something?" She asked, with her mouth full.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 19, 2022 19:51:02 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

Yoshiko didn't know how to react to the question about leverage. It seemed perhaps like a joke, so she'd simply smile through the statement and nod to encourage the joking behavior. Good terms typically just relied on the two of them have a nice interactions. At least nice enough, which so far everything seemed to be just as chipper as the girls own positivity. A part of the jounin simply soaking in the enjoyment of someone else knowing the taste of such sweet apples. Perhaps as a 'local' she'd long since knew it though.

"Awesome! That information will definitely help us narrow this lesson into something I can kind of manage, hehe." The task at hand could be considered daunting, but she loved ninjutsu, so performing hand seals was just fun to her. It was basically her own little game, especially to be able to do multiple with an incredibly fast pace. Though speed wouldn't help one learn, it'd perhaps help the jounin dumpster information onto this poor genin. That'd be however uncharacteristic of the jounin, as she'd go on to further answer the genin and explain what needed to be done.

"I'd heard of someone in my family who fought with only one arm, we actually had a scroll of their explanation to it. Specific seals that roughly replicate the half of the seal normally used. However, there's an almost lean or combination of the other half into the intended half... It's kind of hard to just explain, but the scroll had images of how you'd fold your single hand. So like this is the ram seal as you know it, but here's how it looks with just one hand." Yoshiko would explain, as she'd toss her apple up to combine her hands into the ram seal, before breaking the seal to catch the apple in one hand. The free hand once again forming a seal of it's own.

It at a glance with little thought looked similar to how the hand would be propped against the other, but something was off. "As you can see, I have a slightly twisted the form here and I am now shifting this finger like so..." Yoshiko would point with one finger extending out from her apple, as she'd explain the difference causing the subtleness to be more or less clear. This however was only the beginning of the lesson and Yoshiko looked onto her temporary student to see how well this was being taken in. "..try mirroring it." She'd finish with as she'd extend the seal for closer examination and mimicking.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 20, 2022 9:01:07 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The jounin was definitely chipper, and didn't match up at all with what Kasumi pictured when she thought of a jounin. Instead, it was as if they were becoming friends? Well, maybe just being friendly. Kasumi always struggled to tell the difference, she'd learned that lesson with Toru.

"It's a family technique, eh? Interesting." Kasumi hadn't seen anyone else do it before, so maybe it was just that family. "It looks kinda... simple."

Maybe insensitive, considering how much training must have gone into this, but Kasumi was never known for her tact either. She watched closely as Yoshiko did the hand seal, explaining the slight difference. That's when it started to sink in to the girl.

"But it's definitely not, eh."

Kasumi would take another bite of the apple, furrowing her brow and eyeing the exact form. With her right hand, she'd try to copy it. After a few adjustments on her own, she'd get it in a decently similar position, but it definitely hadn't come naturally.

"Ahhh... I have a feeling this will be like training with another guy I know. Makes me do it 100 times to get the form, waiting until it's perfect. Bah. It's worth it, though."

Without instruction, like a stubborn child, Kasumi would start trying it over and over again.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 26, 2022 12:48:43 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

"Yeah, my clan's always held ninjutsu dearly to them, so we've gathered quite the little library of ninjutsu information in our compound." Yoshiko would reply with a slight sense of pride, she was the clan's leader after all now. So to be able to speak well of them was always a joy to her. Her family had gotten her to where she was today, at least she felt they had though much was her own drive. It took persistence and motivation to accomplish great shinobi feat.

Mastering things would also take practice, to which Kasumi would remark a feeling that'd be the next direction. It was quite hysterical to the jounin, she'd actually raise her hand to her mouth and let out a soft laugh. "Hehe, well I'll admit that other guy sounds like he's given you good advice. Practice makes perfect, and muscle memory usually likes a few repeat tries." Yoshiko would watch Kasumi attempt the sign over and over, if ever her attempt seemed to make her feel uncertain. Yoshiko would extend her hand out still holding the seal. Her other hand pulling up her apple again and take another few bites.

"You've seem to really got that hand seal down now, ready for the next?!" In her typical chipper tone the Nohime would state in relative confidence that the formed seal by the genin was in fact looking on point. They'd have quite a few hand seals to go over, but the physical form was really only half the battle. Actually channeling a normal flow of chakra for a jutsu through one side and not both is quite the complex procedure, but that'd likely be more words of wisdom, explanations of past experience and realistically rely on whether or not it'd click in the practice when she felt ready to truly try.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Apr 27, 2022 17:13:05 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The practice really did feel like training with Toru, but that wasn't ever a bad thing. Instead, Kasumi hyper focused and eyed Yoshiko's hands whenever she repeated the sign. Yes, slow and steady this training was, but that's how a lot of training was.

"Yeah, he has a lot of good ideas with training. I guess that's why he's so far ahead of me even though he's so young. No shortcut to hard work, I guess. That guy's always working too." Kasumi said, talking about Toru. The boy was always working, it seemed. Hell, if she wanted to see him she had to make an appointment. That itself felt like she was robbing him of his busy schedule.

Was that why she was out here, training with some jounin from Iwa instead of with anyone from her own village? Maybe.

"What's training like in Iwa? Is it hands on, or does everyone read old scrolls like you do? I feel like I've learned more in the field than anywhere else."

She had done more missions than most of the Genin in her own village. Six C ranks, that was nothing to scoff at. Though she had a feeling that the Jounin in front of her had much more under her belt.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]May 10, 2022 15:48:04 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

Yoshiko was more than happy to just stretch her hand. Especially if it meant she got to improve relations with a possible one day informant and even more hopefully a friend. There was always conflicts between the great nations, it wasn't always Kirigakure's desire to be a team player. They'd in the past sided to no one and instead profited off both. However villages made decisions on their best interest, so she certainly couldn't judge.

To her she saw their villages as very similar. They'd suffered the same pain of a civil war, they were all so beautifully vicious. It gave the nationalist of a militaristic village goosebumps. "Everyone's got someone ahead of them, but everyone's also a head away from being dead last too. Err... Maybe that's too soon." She'd spoken her words in a tone directed to her trainee, so it wasn't too concerning. This wasn't the right turf for random people to get in her face about a poor choice of words. She'd still however see a bit of humor and her natural smile momentarily shifted to a smug grin.

"My clan are ninjutsu experts and chakra control comes natural, we're a tight family focused on providing for the village. So for me I had a lot of people to help me, but I also had scrolls when they were a sleep. There are still days, I skip a nights rest or two to master a jutsu or better understand a practice. However Iwagakure in general..." She'd pause attempting to ground herself, but she was a rock shinobi the best and most 'grounded' of shinobi. So with only a momentary pause, she'd continue with an honest and proud answer.

"... our village is mostly shinobi, so I think everyone has a lot of hands on help. The civil wars kept our training and practice to work against the strongest shinobi I knew. I'm glad those days are behind us though now!" Yoshiko explained quite joyously. She'd buried the emotional hatchet of her fathers execution of strangers temporary distrust. The burden of responsibility was a pleasantry in comparison to the horrors of facing all she'd lost. These are the steps to her redemption and hopefully one day ascension.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]May 23, 2022 10:56:48 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi nodded along with the speech, a welcome distraction from the monotony of doing hand seals over and over again. Which she continued doing. She justified that the distraction was helpful in learning too. It wasn't as if she would be doing hand seals in a calm and quiet environment all the time too.

"There's always another war, though. Feels that way, at least." Kasumi pessimistically said, then quickly looked up at her impromptu trainer. "Sorry. That sounded like crap, didn't it?"

She'd keep doing hand signs, but was clearly trying to think of a way to word what she wanted to say. It wasn't as if Kasumi loved the idea of a war. Nor that she really knew what it was like. She was young still even now, so she hadn't gotten to experience the brutality of any of it in the realest sense.

"I guess it's a shinobi thing. As long as we exist, we'll fight. It's what we're made for. If we don't fight, why would we exist? Who wants to do this job just for... fun?"

She'd say, seemingly getting another one handed seal down. For now, that is. If she really wanted to master it she'd have to put a lot more time into it.

"I just hope that if there is another war, there's enough people on the right side of it to make it an easy one. What about you? Will you fight if there's another one? Jounin are kind of... expected to, right?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]May 23, 2022 20:31:56 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

Yoshiko wasn't particularly weathered by the mist shinobi's response. A somber tone to the act of war, but as much as civil wars hurt the girls heart. She knew it reinforced her resolve, it prepared her for the harshest of emotions. Perhaps they'd all held back in love, but that love would mean any battle fought for each other. Against those that'd oppose the values of her village and country, to her war was instrumental to change and in a sense progression.

"Sure, but war isn't a pretty topic. However there's stories of great heroes and for us shinobi stories of our own feats and accomplishments." Yoshiko would state attempting to give an almost positive spin to 'war'. As if to say there was some how a good to it and she'd try to remind of heroes. Though she could only hope this genin had such stories in her village amongst her community. Otherwise such sentiment would of likely fallen upon deaf ears, but Yoshiko had to stand by her own principles. At the same time, she'd be clear in action that such hesitation didn't bother her.

The idea of a world without war, it kind of had a nice ring to it, but the Nohime couldn't say she'd gained that type of trust in others. In the power most the villages held with the bijuu, it could mean so many lives important to her lost by those unworthy. A worth often measured by war. "War was around prior to shinobi and still happens without shinobi at times. We're the innovation and evolution of war, due to that we're often the threat we seek to defend against. Ones just action is another's crime, so we better ourselves as shinobi, so we know that our will has an impact. Hopefully though as allies, we share the same good will."

A statement Yoshiko would make whilst switching to the new hand seal, as the necessity for explaining seemed unwanted anyways. This girl had keen eyes and good enough dexterity to do a pretty stand up job swiftly mimicking the seal. Such doubts hopefully didn't cloud this girl too much. Thinking that their purpose solely existed from each other was unfair to oneself. The Bijuu, the various other worldly animals and who knew what else laid out of one's reach or knowledge to threaten them.

"Al-Also... I kind of have a lot of fun learning ninjutsu, it's like easily my top three things to do." Yoshiko would state with a slightly giggle and almost flustered look of embarrassment. As though the Kirigakure shinobi called her out for liking being a shinobi. To have fun in ones job was hard for many, but this 'job'. Her career. It was all she knew, it was family and it was what a good person did. Ninjutsu was the answer to everything if one tried hard enough. That was the Nohime belief and there was no ninjutsu without ninja.

"If there's a war my village or it's allies involve themselves in, then I want to be right there with them. Hopefully leaving a good impression and spreading my nindo. The odds of the war are irrelevant as the greater the odds against me, the more accomplished I'll feel overcoming them." A challenge only enticed the jounin, she was eager to prove herself or find the need and ability to improve herself.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]May 29, 2022 8:38:48 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi raised a brow as the Jounin explained that there was more to being a shinobi than war. Kasumi herself was starting to believe herself to be a demon for having fun with it. For enjoying the fighting and the struggle. It was strangely masochistic, if you thought too hard about it. Luckily, Kasumi was better than most at not thinking about things that made her head hurt.

Still, she let out a bit of a chuckle at the last few words.

"Like learning jutsu. I bet you studied really well at the academy." Kasumi was far from a nerd, but she enjoyed exercising. That's why she favored the sword. "You're a bit of a dork, no offense. I like it though. It's a... change of pace, I guess."

Kasumi would be practicing the last sign now, seemingly at least getting the gist of it. She would need to train much much more to master the skill, and just knowing the hand signs were nice enough but she would need to eventually practice putting chakra into the signs too.

Yeah, she had a long trip ahead of her.

"I remember when I was younger, and this was a hobby. I had a lot of fun with it. Maybe I should try to recapture that but... sometimes I look at my peers and feel like I'm miles behind them. It's.. troubling."

She'd get the sign a few times in a row, then shake her hand as if making all the strange configurations in a row for this long was starting to irritate her little muscles in the hand.

"I'll pass them though. I'll pass you too. One day. Mark my words."

The competitive nature of the demon was starting to show again.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

One-handed Hand-Shakes! [Kasumi]Jun 20, 2022 21:59:01 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
One-Handed, Handshakes!

Exhaling a little wheeze before giggling at being called a dork. The brunette seemed emotionally unwavering, her smile as bright as before with just a little gasp between her teeth to let out her laugh. "None taken! I've always had my head in a book or my hands on the field. I'm proud of my oddity." Yoshiko would explain herself best she could. There was no reason to be ashamed of having interests that required deep thought and long research.

Though Yoshiko was a proud Iwagakure shinobi, she still didn't think her skill was all that grand. She'd failed to obtain the power to turn the tides back then, so a bit of her would always feel underwhelming. Head of the Nohime, Leader of Squad Seven or Soothesayer of SHAKAR, these grandiose titles were no replacement for her father. His shadow still over though, but void of the love she'd grown up with. She'd do everything to carry it on, to obtain her own desires through that pure emotion. A drive which cannot be beat. It perhaps was the reason she still was alive before this Kirigakure shinobi.

"Hmm... I won't make it easy on you, but I wish you the best of luck on this gambit for power! Hehehe." Yoshiko would reply to the challenge of the soon be chuunin, another joyous laugh followed. She'd use the deep breaths of that laugh to stretch out her shoulders and back a little. Standing in place and repetitively going over hand seals wasn't hard, but it was it's own type of torture to let the body get stuck in place. Any longer and her fight might even fall asleep, she'd think to herself wiggle her knees and shifting her stance.

"Ooooh and a tip about those pesky peers, if you just learn what got them there and through them find the shortcut to obtaining it. You'll surely overcome them faster than they rose to status, it's the innovation of those before us that allows us to drive to new levels!" Yoshiko would attempt to brighten the earlier tune of Kasumi's downed thoughts. As if to state this negative was actually just a positive she'd yet to take advantage. At least to some extent.

So adrift in the conversation and nonchalantly just performing seals, Yoshiko would remember the fact there was more to it. So she'd quickly raise a hand pointing a finger up. "Oh, when you're trying to trigger the one handed seals, it's like imagine where your finger tips would touch and where the knuckles of your hands would be... you'll sort of extend the chakra from your physical hand to an imaginary one beside it. When you get it to work, you'll feel it work... it's hard to explain the feeling it's faint, but familiar. I'm sure you'll figure it out." The jounin would confidently attempt to convey the information. To give something for the genin to practice and keep in mind when nailing down one handed ninjutsu.

One Handed Ninjutsu

MADE BY ★MEULK

quick reply

compose a reply