Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, Himari

compose a reply
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 17, 2022 5:20:17 GMT -5
Okami Tadaomi
Service to others is the greatest honor
Okami Tadaomi Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday Dec 15 rank Chunnin occupation Ops Team 2 Member

As promised, Kou's arms remained outstretched in a 'Y' formation as the bright light continued to emanate from him. Between the three shinobi, all 5 bats eventually met their end, either from blade or bludgeon or something in between. Himari had just enough time to make the observation on the bats' earlier state before Kou's light faded. Yet again, the group was thrust into absolute darkness, prompting Tadaomi to tense up as he expected another flurry of attacks from shadow creatures. Thankfully nothing attacked them this time around, though after listening to Kou's heavy breathing for a second or so Tadaomi called out to the religious man.

"Would I be correct in assuming you can't hold that bright light indefinitely, Kou-san?"

His tone was mostly stoic, though there was just the slightest hint of frustration there. After one more heavy breath, Kou jingled his chime over his shield, bringing light to the group once more.

"Yes... apologies my comrades. As I mentioned before, striking an object which bears Hikari's light will... force its premature end. And to you, Himari? What you witnessed was these foul abominations' darkness-fueled regenerative abilities. While they could be injured in this dimmer light, they were still quite formidable, whereas in my greater light they become rightly vulnerable."

Tadaomi shuffled his way closer to the more heavily armored individual, his gaze shifting from Kou and their surrounding darkness.

"From here on out you absolutely shall not lead, that light is far too critical to allow it to ever go dim. Us shinobi will take up a proper, defensive position around you while you instruct us in the directions we need to move."

Again, while Tadaomi's voice was mostly neutral, anger bubbled quietly underneath the surface. While his earlier conversations with the man was more conciliatory, the Nekomata's choice of language now expressed that this was no longer a discussion but an absolute.

"That intermission of darkness aside... good work Himari. You as well, Souma. Let us maintain this level of vigilance."

Yamato has written 211 posts
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 17, 2022 13:04:02 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 288 | notes

"Thank you, Himari-san. I appreciate your praise!"

Souma's cables loosened and allowed the bodies of the bats to slide to the ground, most of their upper halves remaining in some consistency of mush against the stone spire she'd used as a punching bag to get rid of them. Then it was time to listen to Tadaomi speaking to their guide, and the reverse, noting slowly. "In a worst case scenario, I do have flash bombs with two-second fuses. It would be tricky to time it, but in an absolute emergency, they could be used to buy precious instants to attack or withdraw. And no, you absolutely did not imagine that. They bore wounds when they left, and returned without them." She looked to Kou for an answer.

She nodded along as Tadaomi reorients their strategy, offering, "I can take a rear position. I believe that with my cables, I am best suited to ensure I do not get dragged away, and between that and my armor, if we do get surprised, I stand the least chance of being overcome before the others can assist."

Souma was grateful, sincerely, for the compliment, and returned the favor. "You did well too, Okami-san. Despite their recovery and superior numbers, we won our first encounter. Now we know better how to fight them. I should be able to reel in one or two targets at a time to hold them within the light so they can be eliminated, or simply pull them in and dispatch them myself. Do you have a preference for one strategy or the other, Okami-san?"

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 347 posts
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 17, 2022 21:04:37 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Exposingthe Darkness
Well thats just dandy..."

It seemed that the tool they could use as a means to permenantly deal with their opposition, was mostly being used as a flashlight. Unfortunately, that also made them vulnerable if they were to lose it in here. This made guarding Kou all the more important than before, to which Tadaomi seemed to agree as he seemed to suggest that they now switch positions as to be around Kou and follow his directions rather than let him lead from the front. A good move, which everyone of them could agree on as Souma volunteered to take the rear as she could easily cable their opponents from there and claimed her armor would give her the least chance of being overwhelmed.

Crossing her arms over her chest, it was clear that there was something about Souma that was indeed a bit...irritating wasn't the word...but it was something...and considering the sing-song like nature in her approach to things, it seemed to make Himari just a bit...well...envious...or at least in how quickly she was trying to get close to Tadaomi.

"Well...since she's cheerin to take on the back..guess I call front...Ya'll much more reactive than me probably so best to have ya there beside Kou in case...right?"

Raising her brow, Himari would wait to see what Tadaomi decided, looking toward him in the dim light of Kou's shield, though soon turning in his direction as she spoke toward him.

"Course...we ain't just got the bats to worry bout I reckon...what else usually lives in these caverns Kou?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper
Himari begun her career as an underdog, underestimated by many of her opponents within the ring due to her size. Yet, in spite of this, she would always come up with a way to win in the end, despite being at the disadvantage. This has much to do with her reflexes, capable of moving around her targets attempts and finding the openings she needs to take them down. More often than not, this serves as her means of protection in it being difficult to hit a someone that you can't accurately engage against. Though it operates on her instincts, it can be unreliable in some situations. Especially if Himari has not been able to figure out the exact anatomy of her opponent.

Heart of a Champion
During her run within the OWA, Himari would train constantly to build up her strength and stamina. She would need both in order to complete the various techniques that were involved in her style of wrestling. As such, strength training was key in her mind as she came up with an arrangement in order to continue to build upon those foundations taught to her. While she is indeed smaller than most of the people she encounters, her size does no more than give her the appearance of being less powerful than she is. Her ability to sustain stronger grapples upon her opponents is increase through this advantage, as well as the impact of her physical attacks.

Legacy of a Champion
Okada Riku was known throughout the world for her speed and agility when she was in the ring. Such is reflected upon her continue run until her retirement. This trait has been passed down by to her daughter as Himari has displayed incredible speed. This has only increased over the years, alongside her training with both her mother and other shinobi. She can move swiftly across the field with little issue, using her agile footwork to get in close on a target before they can even realize it. Excelling at this, she focuses on being evasive with this ability as well, allowing for her to be just as proactive in getting in, as well not getting hit in the process.

-Items Used-
01 | Bokken[Wooden Sword]

BBCode
Tag: | Words: | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 164 posts
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 25, 2022 19:58:48 GMT -5
Okami Tadaomi
Okami Tadaomi Avatar
groupnull

It was getting altogether more chatty than Tadaomi would have liked, not just because he wasn't talkative in general, but also because they were deep in the belly of the beast. Even before Himari and Souma announced where they'd like to take up position, Tadaomi stood even closer to Kou. The long reach of his weapon was made more useful from a central position, it was part of what made rows of spearmen effective in battle as well.

Kou, for the most part, seemed to have fully recovered from the unexpected combat by now, a jaunty tone returning to his voice as he happily commented on Souma's flash bombs.

"Flash bombs? I'm not quite familiar with that type of equipment, but if it can provide light then it would be quite the boon to save them for the direst of circumstances."

Tadaomi kept his eyes out towards the darkness as he nodded in response to his shinobi allies, formalizing his decision to stand closer to Kou.

"If Himari's taking the front and Souma the rear, then I shall remain in the center with Kou. As far as strategy goes, I would prefer to focus my efforts on keeping the shield's light active. Do your best to dispatch our foes yourself you two, but if necessary I'll lower my guard to assist in either direction. Let's get back to it."

The Nekomata didn't really pick up on the subtleties of Himari's tone and behavior, nor did he acknowledge Souma's positive attitude. Tadaomi's full focus was on Kou himself, his coal eyes scrutinizing the religious zealot with heavily suppressed disdain. Kou cleared his throat before gesturing in the direction and starting the group's travel once more.

"Ah yes well... in these caves erm... I understand that there's bats of course... insects of various kinds, salamanders perhaps?"

Biology didn't seem to be Kou's strong suit, but he did his best to answer the Okada's question anyway. Despite their encounter, the armored man continued to guide the group at what Tadaomi considered a leisurely pace, occasionally lifting and moving his shield to get a slightly better grasp of their position in the caverns.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 25, 2022 21:25:49 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

Souma caught Himari crossing her arms, and recognized it as a sign of- well, not agitation, exactly, but at least mild displeasure. Had she done something displeasing? She wracked her brain to see if she could think of something, but- nope. Nothing came to mind. So, instead of bringing it up, she simply padded along at the back of the group. She found herself nodding at the excellent question that followed. "Ah! That is a good question. I had been wondering, but assumed we would have been told if we knew anything more. Well thought!"

She nodded to Kou at his reply about the bombs. "They work like how they sound. One moment of very bright light. If done properly, in an emergency, if a killing blow is timed just right, it should dispatch the creature in the light."

It seemed like everyone was getting tense with no apparent reason why, which left Souma very uncomfortable and concerned it was her own fault. She was confident she had not done anything WRONG, per se, but if something was having an unexpected negative consequence, it made sense to want to identify and desist. So they walked, she thought, and watched for giant bugs and lizards.

last edit by Souma on Jun 25, 2022 21:26:14 GMT -5
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 26, 2022 9:50:08 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Exposingthe Darkness
Peachy.."

Himari would look toward Kou with a calm expression, then back at Tadaomi and Souma with a nod as they began to push forward. While it wasn't much to go on, she should have expected nothing less within a cave. Honestly, the question was less about the usual suspects and more so about just knowing their enemy better. But in honesty, it just seemed to be too basic and up to the local wild life in how they wanted to live. In most cases, it wasn't uncommon to just have more than just insects and bats within such a homestead. Yet, that was something for another time.

For now, it appeared that they had a task to complete, and that meant moving ahead and getting it done.

Of course, there was still an unsettling silence within the group and she was likely the cause of it.

Closing her eyes, the Okada would begin to check her emotions as she knew that they had no place on a mission.

What was even her deal anyway? Tadaomi wasn't interested in her, so what right did she have to be so pissy?

Himari had to keep focused on what they had to do, which was to ensure that Kou light didn't go out and that they dealt with what remained in here. Such as the real threat that was at the center. Those beasts weren't just changing into monsters on their own. Something had to be shifting their physical appearance into something whatever they were now. But if bats weren't the only things in here, she could only imagine the size of the bugs and lizards.

Resting the Bokken upon her shoulder, Himari would remain ahead of the group, her eyes looking at every corner with just as much concern as before.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper
Himari begun her career as an underdog, underestimated by many of her opponents within the ring due to her size. Yet, in spite of this, she would always come up with a way to win in the end, despite being at the disadvantage. This has much to do with her reflexes, capable of moving around her targets attempts and finding the openings she needs to take them down. More often than not, this serves as her means of protection in it being difficult to hit a someone that you can't accurately engage against. Though it operates on her instincts, it can be unreliable in some situations. Especially if Himari has not been able to figure out the exact anatomy of her opponent.

Heart of a Champion
During her run within the OWA, Himari would train constantly to build up her strength and stamina. She would need both in order to complete the various techniques that were involved in her style of wrestling. As such, strength training was key in her mind as she came up with an arrangement in order to continue to build upon those foundations taught to her. While she is indeed smaller than most of the people she encounters, her size does no more than give her the appearance of being less powerful than she is. Her ability to sustain stronger grapples upon her opponents is increase through this advantage, as well as the impact of her physical attacks.

Legacy of a Champion
Okada Riku was known throughout the world for her speed and agility when she was in the ring. Such is reflected upon her continue run until her retirement. This trait has been passed down by to her daughter as Himari has displayed incredible speed. This has only increased over the years, alongside her training with both her mother and other shinobi. She can move swiftly across the field with little issue, using her agile footwork to get in close on a target before they can even realize it. Excelling at this, she focuses on being evasive with this ability as well, allowing for her to be just as proactive in getting in, as well not getting hit in the process.

-Items Used-

BBCode
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJun 30, 2022 21:29:18 GMT -5
Okami Tadaomi
Okami Tadaomi Avatar
groupnull

Tadaomi marched cautiously beside Kou as their guide directed them deeper into the cave. He gave simple verbal directions to Himari as they went along, seemingly at random in the Nekomata's opinion but he had to begrudgingly note that they hadn't run into a dead end. The encounter with the bats had set Tadaomi's nerves on edge, which made it all the worse when nothing happened for several minutes... and then an hour... and then another.

Kou seemed just as energized and cheery as when they first entered despite the constant darkness, continuing to lead them deeper and deeper into the caverns. Tadaomi, on the other hand, was beginning to feel wary from the constant vigilance, a mental exhaustion that he never felt while open and free on the surface. After some time he couldn't bear it any longer and he quietly called to Kou.

"How much longer before we reach the bottom of these caverns? They feel endless..."

Kou's pace slowed as he considered Tadaomi's question, the chimes in his hand jingling softly as he turned to face the shinobi.

"I would say we're quite close to the bottom. I was actually about to suggest a short respite soon for us to gather our strength before we push into the main cavern."

Tadaomi let out a heavy sigh of relief at that, immediately searching for a small rock for him to take a seat upon.

"I could use a mental breather. I'm not well acquainted with such constant darkness. Ask me to defend my clan against countless enemies in the moonlight, I will gladly take that challenge. Spend days within this cave? The sooner we're done with this task, the better."

There was a noticeable strain to Tadaomi's voice as he shut his eyes and tried to meditate for a small amount of time.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 2, 2022 17:32:11 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

"I feel much the same. I will tell you this much," Souma commented as they diverted to take a few moments for themselves. "I will be making it top priority to acquire a hands-off light source, or else to teach myself a jutsu to produce light or see in the darkness. This is unnerving in ways I feel I would struggle to describe to anyone who did not experience this with us. Traveling through the darkness, surrounded by twisted beasts just out of sight or not present at all with no way to tell the difference? No, thank you. I would also prefer the moonlight battle." Clearly on the same page as Tadaomi, Souma settled with everyone else.

"If we like. I can produce shelter for the moment. A steel dome with enough room for all of us. A poor tent, but a fine temporary bunker. Surety against ambush except from below," Souma explained. "If we would rather not, no worries, but all options ought be on the table for consideration."

She shifted to smile reassuringly at Kou- as best she could, anyhow- and then looked to Himari. "How are you holding up? You have been quiet. Do you think we assigned positions sub-optimally? I would be willing to take a different position if directed." She wasn't sure what was wrong, but she was doing her best to find out and fix it.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 2, 2022 21:52:23 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Exposingthe Darkness
Yall feel like resting...I'm game"

As it appeared the everyone was in agreement of the possibility of resting for a moment, Himari would look around briefly to be sure as ideas of setting up a small camp came to mind. Of course, Himari wasn't a daisy and she could rough it as well as the rest of them if need be. With things seeming to get more relaxed, Himari would set herself down as she continued to scan the area. While she wasn't a fan of caves, she liked it better when she knew what she was expecting.

While that information was vague at best, it gave some illusion of safety in that moment. With the four of them on point, it should be safe enough for them to take an few moments off their feet.

Pulling her jacket from her waist, she'd place it up upon her shoulders just as Souma seemed to come and join her for a moment. In her curiosity in learning just what was going on with her, considering it might have been the shift in positions being a possibility, the blonde female would laugh lightly as she shook her head.

"Sug...it ain't bout that...I'm just..being a bit squirrely is all. Those bats being able to come back fresh is rubbin me in all the wrong ways...and we ain't even at the bottom yet."

In saying this, Himari would then begin pulling her arms into the sleeves of the coat, closing her eyes.

"Plus...I ain't sure how much even Kou knows bout this...I ain't sayin hes bad..but there somethin else that's alterin those critters and we don't have a single clue as to what or even how it's happening save for some god talk..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

-Items Used-

BBCode
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 12, 2022 20:51:09 GMT -5
Okami Tadaomi
Okami Tadaomi Avatar
groupnull

Tadaomi kept his eyes closed as the conversations continued around him, doing his best to find a place of calm and stillness as his heart to push back against the dread that came with being in a place of near complete darkness for so long. One eye opened as Souma suggested making some sort of steel dome to rest in, to which Tadaomi immediately shut his eye and shook his head. Being in darkness and a cramped little space? Not unless he had no other choice.

"Erm, that is a generous offer but I must refrain. However, if the rest of the group would like to take refuge in the dome I do not mind remaining outside of it."

"A steel dome? How fascinating! I must admit that I also would like to avoid such a confined space but I shall keep that capability in mind, young Souma!"

The religious man was as cheery as every, which meant he was still grating to Tadaomi's ears. The chuunin did his best to block out all distraction and sound for the coming minutes, Himari and Souma's conversation becoming white noise as he found some semblance of inner piece for a short period of time. Tadaomi would remain in this meditative state for as long as the other would allow, only stirring from his position when his name was called or if he was physically disturbed.

Kou was just as content to wait as long as the group wanted to as well. He understood the importance of rest before an expected large battle, and as long as he had the light of Hikari with him, he was confident he could withstand anything.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 13, 2022 13:50:58 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

Everyone settled comfortably, which was a blessing. Someone standing around fidgety and eager to re-engage would have proven agitating. While they were all in varying states of stress from the depth and darkness to be sure, everyone was able to at least rest a moment. That spoke well of the group's mental health, which was relieving to Souma.

She couldn't help but nod in immediate agreement as Himari explained what had her on edge. "That was sincerely awful. I could not help but visualize what their bodies must have been doing to make such noises. As for what is mutating them... there are only really three possible answers I know of."

Souma held up a finger. "Jutsus of some sort used by the living, either used directly on the creatures or perhaps a lingering effect of a tremendously impactful jutsu used in the past."

A second finger. "It could be some sort of malicious spirit. Spirit Chakra, if dense enough and malignant enough, could change the beasts."

A third finger. "Kou could be right on the money. While I don't know much about it, faith produces its own power, and it could be some sort of occult ritual or something creating these monsters."

She rubbed at her chin. "The pertinence of the difference is primarily in what will be required to stop the process, and even among a single category, there could be several answers. Best not to fret until we have more intel, I think? All we can say now is that if it is religious or jutsu-based, we can likely stop whoever is perpetrating it, or break the object causing the effects. If it is a lingering spirit... well, if Kou has no way to defeat it, attacks of pure chakra may work."

The decline of the others for shelter was fine and acceptable, and Souma simply nodded to Tadaomi and Kou at their preferences. "Very well. I will save my energy in case we have wounded, or need to trap a foe or some such."

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 13, 2022 14:07:41 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Exposingthe Darkness
Rather put my bet on the thing I can hit..."

Though Souma had a point that there could at least be three possible reasons for such a change in the wildlife, there was no more they could actually do without any information. In truth, the only thing they had was indeed Kou's words and it just didn't sit well. Or maybe, it was just way more over her head than she was comfortable with. Not to say that she wasn't spiritual or the like, but she just believed more in that which could at least be explained. For now, she just had to hope that maybe it was one of the first two things.

Her legs crossed, it seemed that the other two were more inclined not to have Souma make the effort at shelter for the moment, providing them with only a brief moment of reprieve before they would continue on. The area felt so cramped that she almost could feel the air around them being split four different ways. Of course, it was cave and they still had a ways to go. Looking over at Tadaomi, who seemed to find someway to meditate in a place like this, she'd find herself trying to do the same, releasing a sigh as she closed her eyes and slowly breathed in and out through her nose.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

-Items Used-

BBCode
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 24, 2022 21:28:34 GMT -5
Okami Tadaomi
Okami Tadaomi Avatar
groupnull

Tadaomi's breathing became slow and deep, rhythmic and steady as he found his center. His loyalty to his clan was what drove him, and he latched onto that ideal. This mission, while not directly beneficial to the Nekomata, was something that benefited Iwagakure, and Iwagakure and the Nekomata were aligned.

With one final breath, Tadaomi opened his eyes and rose to his feet, hefting his naginata experimentally and checking on the rest of the group. Provided that it seemed that everyone else was ready, he would gesture out into the darkness, prompting Kou to also ready himself.

"I am prepared to continue. Lead on, Kou-san."

"Onward then friends!"

Once more the armored man showed the shinobi the way, holding his bright shield high to ward off the darkness. The ceiling had already been well out of view, but after a few minutes of travel it seemed that it rose even further, the tips of the stalactites now also fading from view. Instinctively they could tell that they were in a much larger cavern than they had encountered so far, the sounds of dripping water and scuttling echoing ominously off of distant walls.

Scuttling?

The sound of feet and slithering drew closer, prompting Kou and Tadaomi to come to a stop, the latter bracing himself and pointing his weapon in the direction he believed their new enemies were coming from, only to realize that the sound was coming from all directions. Their light wasn't strong enough to pierce far into the darkness, and as the sounds drew even closer Tadaomi could swear that the shadows pushed themselves even harder against their bubble of light. And finally their enemies were upon them, a dozen shadowy creatures of various shapes and size clawing at the stony ground to surround and engulf them. As predicted, some bore the shape of centipedes, only the size of boa constrictors. A few others resembled scorpions, similarly unnaturally large with others yet appearing like lumpy salamanders.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 24, 2022 22:34:54 GMT -5
Souma
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan

Souma's eyes narrowed in the dark as the sound in the shadows became... scuttling. Her hands slid through a familiar set of seals- Dog. Tiger. Bird. Dragon. Snake.- and drew her hands apart, a deep, rich Suiton chakra surrounding her hands. "On your guards, everyone. I hear at least three different kinds of footsteps. Very rapid and hard- slower and hard- and slow and soft. I am not sure what we are facing but-"

Of course, the approaching dozen or so abominations made that answer clearer than Souma had, honestly, really wanted, leaving her grimacing in disgust that she was immediately embarrassed by- she was a Chuunin, she was supposed to be acting professionally, right (never mind that she was still just fifteen)? Gritting her teeth, Souma called out. "Try to alert me if you believe you've been poisoned, any of these could be toxic or venomous! Do NOT try to tough it out, it will take all of a second or two to purge the poisons if I can get to you quickly!" That said, she called out once more- "Incoming!"- and lashed out her cables, seeking to entangle the tail of one of the scorpions and drag it over by the stinger, aiming to wrench it off its feet to deny it the leverage of using its stinger. Presuming she managed to drag one over, she slammed an armored boot down in a vicious stomp as liable to crush its stinger as it was to pin the tail down, and ducked low, aiming to smash her suit's weaponized gauntlet into the insect's head, wielding both the nasty gauntlet and the Water Scalpel to try to eliminate that particular scorpion as a threat right out of the gate!

Suiton no Mesu - [Water Scalpel]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low (Drain)
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Suiton
HANDSEALS: 5 - Dog, Tiger, Bird, Dragon, Snake
REQUIREMENT: Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel]
DESCRIPTION:/b]

This technique is functionally identical to its parent technique with the added effect of the scalpel extracting toxins, pathogens, and other impurities from the area surrounding cuts inflicted with it. This makes it ideal for performing surgeries and other medical procedures in the field where disinfectants are scarce/unavailable. Additionally, this technique is useful for countering poisons of the same power or lower, as areas cut with the scalpel will stop being afflicted by their effects.

Exposing the Darkness | B-rank Mission, Souma, HimariJul 26, 2022 16:22:51 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Exposingthe Darkness
Hate when I'm right..."

With the new area within the cavern revealing new dangers, Himari would draw out her Bokken once more, glancing around her as she could hear the noises from every direction coming toward them. It was clear that they were a bit outnumbered, but they weren't about to come this far and go down without a fight. They had to continue to maintain their formation and keep these creatures at bay. As one of the large centipedes rushed forward into her line of vision, the blonde female would extend her weapon upward, blocking it's first set of appendages as the others rapidly clawed and scampered to try and reach her. It's weight, while no more than that of a dog, felt heavier with it pushing downward to try and get closer. Yet, the Okada would push back against it and cause it to stumble.

Though just as soon as she had, another beast would take it's place from her side, prompting her to slam the side of her wrist against it's neck, causing the salamander to topple over.

As Souma stated how they could come to her if they were poisoned or injured, Himari would call out to her with a serious tone.

"Pretty sure poisoning ain't what's most pressin here sug!"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

-Items Used-

BBCode
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION