when did I become a babysitter? [Training]

compose a reply
when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jun 10, 2022 9:57:37 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

Kyouka was just coming back from some well-deserved vacations she took after the Chuunin Exams. It wasn't like her to do those things, but maybe the years were starting to catch up with her in a yet subtle way; despite her looks, she was not as young as she once was, and rest was important in order to keep her at her top condition. Still, it was not like people could complain much, she usually took more missions than most other Mist shinobi, on top of her responsibilities as the First Seat of the Seven Swordsmen and as the Leader of Team 2. Speaking of which, two of her Genin were approved in the Chuunin Exams, and were just working on the paperwork necessary for their promotion. It was a bit bittersweet for her, even though she would not admit it to anyone. She liked that team, it was the first one she actually approved and trained, and they were becoming strong shinobi, thus deserving of their spot in the sun.

Still, as she came back to her active duties, she received an invitation to help out with an academy training. Her team members were busy with missions and other affairs, so her help would be considered a work for the village. She did roll her eyes in her orbits when she read the letter. "When the fuck did I become a babysitter?" she wondered, but that didn't spoil her mood too much; it would be amusing to see what Asuka's brats were up to these days, heck, maybe she could even corrupt them, even if a little bit, and the prospect of that made her smirk.

Later that day, she showed up at the academy, where she was informed she was going to be tutoring a single kid. Well, it was fair to ask her to do that considering all of her accomplishments and proven skill. Kyouka made her way to the training grounds of the academy. Uemori was left at home; it was not like she would need it today anyways. Once she was there, she sit by a bench, grabbed one of her bottles of water and waited for this little brat to show up.

and this is hell

385 words
Training

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 284 posts
when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jun 18, 2022 10:12:14 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday june 20, -3sd rank academy student occupation baby shark

THE SECRET IS NOT TO DREAM

And show up, the little brat did.

Risa was a youngling, yes, but she was also almost twelve whole years old, which meant that she could sniff out when she was being pandered to—so when one of her instructors, the nice one, said that he had signed her up for extra special one-on-one training, Risa knew that meant remedial studies.

‘Cause of weapons, probably. The bane of her existence.

She knew the sharp end of a kunai from the handle, and that she should stick people with the pointy end of a sword, but her comfort and skill with weaponry started and ended there. All of her classmates were ahead of her, and she needed to catch up if she was going to graduate on time.

One-on-one training. Risa kicked rocks, meandering sluggishly to the academy training grounds. Unlucky for her, the instructor was already waiting there for her.

"Hi, um, sensei? I’m Risa, I think I’m supposed to train with you today,” she said, her voice soft and timid. All of the bubbly energy that carried her vivaciously through the world was completely subdued, dampened by stress and irritation and the uncertainty of a brand-new instructor. She had never seen this woman before… though, honestly, she looked pretty cool, like a whole grown adult lady.

Her fingers twisting together nervously, Risa hovered some distance away from the bench as if afraid to approach any closer without an invitation.

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 83 posts
when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jun 18, 2022 13:39:36 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

She didn't have to wait very long for the kid to show up, and the moment she did, Kyouka dreaded it already. She looked cute and shy, the type of people the Hozuki initially disliked, so she rolled her purple eyes in their orbits before getting up from the bench and analyzing the girl a little longer. "Any problem there, kiddo? You need to speak up a bit more, you are supposed to become a ninja, aren't you?" she said, cracking a weird looking smile; it was hard to determine if it was a good or a bad one.

"So, I hear you suck with weapons. Why is that, kid?" she asked, her tone still weirdly friendly despite the bluntness of her words. "And please, speak up and with confidence. If you want to be strong, you need to show that with your attitudes first." her way to motivate her was not out of sympathy in itself; Kyouka loved strength and despised the weak, so she would always push people towards joining her in the ranks of the strong before discarding them as useless cattle.

and this is hell

202 words
Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 3, 2022 8:38:34 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday june 20, -3sd rank academy student occupation baby shark

The skin on the back of Risa’s neck prickled as her new sensei spoke—she seemed friendly enough? But something was definitely off. When she smiled, her teeth seemed sharp. It didn’t reach her eyes.

This cool adult lady was dangerous, said something in the back of Risa’s mind, and a thrill went up her spine.

You’re supposed to become a ninja, aren’t you? "Yeah,” she said, though her voice was still soft, still unsure in this odd situation she’d found herself in. "Um, I’ve been studying for three years?” Which felt like such a long time.

She was lost in thought for a moment, thinking about the fact that she was older than Tota and Dansui but they were still doing way better than her in pretty much every way—when her new sensei said something else that got her blood boiling.

Risa snapped her head to look the woman directly in the eye, her chin lifting and her nostrils flaring with a sudden surge of combativeness. The woman’s next words didn’t even register.

"I don’t suck!she said hotly, and in direct contrast to her own self-pitying thoughts from not a minute prior. "I just need practice, okay? Aren’t you supposed to teach me something?”

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 4, 2022 16:27:56 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka arched one of her brows when Risa mentioned that she had been an Academy Student for three years already. "Three? Then it's 'bout time you pick up the pace, kid. You don't want to be a loser, do ya?" she teased her, widening her teasing smirk. The girl was starting to get irritated by the Hozuki's constant teasing and that was good, she was playing right into her game.

The anger inside of the little girl was a flame that could be fueled. Hatred lead people towards greatness, if they were wise enough to embrace it. When the girl claimed she didn't suck, Kyouka snickered, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. "Ain't that cute? If you don't suck, then you don't have to say it! Hahaha. The fact that you had to actually state that means you probably kinda suck." she shrugged, as if that was an established fact. As the girl mentioned that what she needed was practice, and that this was what Kyouka was supposed to help her with, the Hozuki approached her, leaning close to the girl, showing her dangerous, sharp teeth.

"Oh yeah, I'm here to make sure you don't suck anymore. Because you know... Those who need practice... Well, they die on the battlefield, just like cannon fodder. So... Are you ready to get into proper shape?" she asked. "Since I'm kind. I will let you choose. In which area would you like to suck less? Kenjutsu? Taijutsu? Ninjutsu?" she asked, the tone still rather demeaning.

and this is hell

272 words
Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 27, 2022 9:13:52 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Risa was fuming by this point, steam practically rising from her ears. Her fists clenched tight, blood rising hot to her cheeks as she fought back the urge to yell and throw something at this… this lady. She was so rude! So unhelpful! So… so dismissive!

And yet—whether she liked it or not—Risa was significantly more motivated than she had been just five minutes prior. Maybe someone speaking so rudely would diminish or demotivate another person, but Risa felt like she was being challenged, like she had to prove her sensei-of-the-day as wrong as humanly possible.

"Taijutsu!” she shouted, louder and far more angrily than was strictly necessary. "Which I don’t suck at because I’m not a loser! I know quick rotation, and I’m better at taijutsu than most of the kids in my class, and I headbutted Tota so hard he saw stars!”

Her point made, and her struggles with bukijutsu apparently completely forgotten in the ground zero of her devastated pride, Risa lifted her chin and stared her sensei defiantly down—though her palms were beginning to sweat, her nerve faltering as she looked the woman in the eye. She had an almost overwhelming presence, like she could crush Risa with one fist if she wanted to. It was terrifying... and thrilling. Could Risa ever be that strong?

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 27, 2022 11:32:15 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka could see how much she was getting under the kid's skin, and to be honest? She was having a hell of a good time, and her cocky, teasing smile never left her face. Still, her plan was working out well, for the young girl was getting rather fired up, which meant she would put her heart and soul into the training. When Kyouka gave her the menu, the kid shouted 'Taijutsu' with quite the enthusiasm and the Hozuki giggled nodding her head. "I see." she said, pausing to laugh when the girl said she didn't suck and that she was not a loser. "Are you deaf or dumb? I told ya already! If you don't suck you don't have to say it. Overcompensation is a sign of weakness. But it's cute you know a basic technique." she said, leaning towards the girl so she could look her right into her eyes with her mean purple orbs.

"But ya know that in a land of blinds, a half-blind person is king. So don't feel too good about yourself just cuz you are better than the thumb sucking brats you share your classroom space with, alright?!" she said, leaning back and turning her back on Risa so to put a decent distance in between them. Then, Kyouka would casually punch the ground and with that single punch, she cracked it as if the solid ground was made of glass.

"Now, you better come at me with all you've got, otherwise you will be at the receiving end of this. Let the ground be a warning of your future, should you disappoint me." she warned the girl, turning to face her and lifting her own fists.

and this is hell

301 words
Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 29, 2022 10:11:30 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Ooh, she wanted so badly to argue, but Sensei had made her point well enough—Risa would just keep getting mocked if she tried to stand up for herself, no matter how much she wanted to argue. She’d worked really hard to learn quick rotation, hearing it called a basic technique genuinely kind of hurt her feelings, but then…

Thumb-sucking brats nearly sparked her ire again, but the insult flew in one ear and out the other as Sensei followed it up with an earth-shattering punch that broke the ground. Risa’s jaw visibly dropped. That was like nothing she’d ever seen before, and it blew her mind.
Risa had dreams of unlocking her own clan’s secret technique, the transformation jutsu they held so dear, but now?

Now Risa wanted to break things.

"Okay!” she said firmly, filled with a heated determination. It should have been scary, the thought of receiving a punch that scary, that deadly, but instead… no, yeah, she was still scared. But she was also thrilled, and the fear was only making this more exciting.

Risa took up a straightforward stance, her fists raised high to protect her face, her feet shoulder-width apart, left leg ahead of the right, knees slightly bent. All textbook. Normally she might shuffle in, throw a light punch or two to test her opponent’s guard, stuff like that; but today was not a normal day. She needed to prove to Sensei just how much she didn’t suck.

Today she went in for an aggressive attack, taking a quick lunge forward, lifting her front leg as if to deliver a kick, then landing on it hard and spinning on the ball of her foot to deliver a back kick to Sensei’s stomach with her other leg.

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Jul 29, 2022 13:21:22 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

With her wicked way of train people, Kyouka still managed to ignite a fire inside of them, to make them hungry for power - as they should be - and push themselves to break past their own ceiling. It was a do or die approach, just like when she taught Kasumi the Water Walking Technique by throwing her off a cliff during a crazy storm. Still, look at the result, she was one of the rising stars of the Hidden Leaf, and Kyouka's masterpiece. Maybe this brat could follow suit, maybe not, but there was only one way to find out, and that was by pushing her to the point she had no choice other than fight. Even a rat can be dangerous when cornered, ain't that right?

Her tone showed her conviction and then she got into her fighting stance, which was a pretty display of a textbook stance, while Kyouka's stance, although intimidating, looked more laidback in a way. The Hozuki stood there waiting as the girl charged with an aggressive attack, shifting her legs to throw a kick to Kyouka's stomach with all her strength.

And it did hit, for the Hozuki made no effort to dodge, or to liquify herself.

Her wicked smirk widened. "The feeling is right, it's just the technique that sucks, so there's some hope for ya, kid." and as she said that, she responded to Risa's attack with a punch aimed at the girl's face. Obviously she held back enough not to kill the kid as she was more than capable of doing that. Instead, all he wanted to do was to send her straight to the ground, and maybe draw some blood. She was hoping not to break her teeth, those were a pain to fix.

and this is hell

311 words
Taijutsu Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Sept 19, 2022 0:09:20 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sensei looked so relaxed, it only fueled the fire in her belly to even hotter heights. Her nostrils flared as her heel made contact with Sensei’s core, the flexible bottoms of her shinobi sandals landing against solid abs. Jeez, she was fit. Risa felt so… puny in comparison. Sensei wasn’t even that much taller than her, and Risa still had time to grow… she just clearly spent a lot of time honing her body in ways that Risa could only dream of doing.

Still, the kick didn’t do much. Risa staggered as she pulled her leg back, hopping on the balls of her feet to try to regain her sense of balance. For a moment, her chest swelled—”The feeling is right,” Sensei said—but she quickly deflated again as soon as "it’s just the technique that sucks” followed up right after it.

Risa opened her mouth to argue, to say that she had done the kick exactly the way she was taught, but before the words could come out of her mouth a fist was flying straight for her face! She tried to jerk out of the way, more by instinct than actual active effort, but she wasn’t fast enough by a country mile, and got cold-clocked in the jaw so hard that she hit the ground.

Her vision swimming, tears welling up in her eyes, Risa pushed herself up into a sitting position. Blood welled in her mouth; she spat it out on the ground.

All rational thought was gone. With a screech so high-pitched it would make a dog whine, and a degree of effort previously unbeknownst to the laidback Ama child, Risa shot up from the ground and charged straight at Kyouka, pulling her leg back to kick the older woman in the shins as hard as she possibly could.

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Sept 29, 2022 21:14:08 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

"Another tip, kid... Don't talk too much in a fight, getting punched with an open mouth is unpleasant, is it not? Hehehehe!" despite the fact that she was giving her a helpful tip, she still kept the mockery tone in her voice; it was just too entertaining to her to torment the poor little girl. Still, the girl had some fire in her and after screeching like a scalded chihuahua, she charged straight back at Kyouka, kicking her in the shins as hard as she could. And well, it did hurt a bit. Kyouka was strong, but without liquifying her endurance was nothing extraordinary... Well, at least when compared to a shinobi of her level.

The kick made her move the leg backwards a bit, and she winced ever so slightly, biting her lower lips with her sharp teeth. "Feisty! Look at you! I'm actually growing to like you. You cry like a baby, but you bark and bite like a rabid dog! That's my kind of brat! Hehehehe! I guess I will actually waste my time on you! Hahaha! Now, why don't you try to actually hurt me this time? But I will let you know one thing... If you disappoint, I will break one of your ribs. Deal?" she said with a wicked, playful wink.

and this is hell

234 words
Taijutsu Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Dec 13, 2022 6:20:53 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Risa nodded, once, hard—not that she actually understood all of what Kyouka-sensei had said, honestly, she just heard deal? and automatically agreed, because at this point she would have agreed to anything Sensei asked of her. Her head hurt, real bad. Her ears were ringing and her body felt heavy and blood was filling her mouth, flowing thick and coppery from where she hadn’t realized she’d bit her cheek on the way down. She spat it out, and wiped her mouth on her sleeve.

She didn’t know any super fancy taijutsu tricks yet, and Kyouka-sensei was so strong that she didn’t think that there was anything she could actually do to truly hurt her… but she was going to try no matter what.

Risa took up her best attempt at a textbook combat stance—which wasn’t too bad, in all honesty, despite the way her head was swimming—and then, without thinking too hard about it, quickly surged forward to attack. She lifted her back knee up and punched her foot forward, trying to hit Kyouka-sensei as hard as she could with the ball of her foot square in the chest—somewhere in the solar plexus area, or it would be if she knew where she was aiming.

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Dec 21, 2022 10:08:12 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

This girl was what she had been looking for, one that could embrace the savagery inside of her heart. She was what the Hidden Mist Village needed to continue to rise above their enemies. There was no point in holding on to such idiotic concepts such as honour and fair play. In war, all that really mattered was that the enemy was killed, and that your nation could thrive above all. And with proper guidance, that young fledging fish could become a bloodthirsty shark. So when she came, with her textbook stance and her direct attack, Kyouka didn't move, she didn't liquify, she just allowed the girl to hit her with the ball of her foot right into her chest, near enough her solar plexus to make her grunt and be forced to take a step back.

"Good!! You are indeed cut above the rest of the fodder! I can make you a warrior, little fish!! Hehehehehe! Now... I want you to attack me until you draw blood from me!! Come, try to kill me! Show no mercy!! Because if you do... Hahaha! I will show you none! For this..." she paused, opening her arms and looking up to the skies in bliss, laughing. "Is the wonderful reality of our world!! The weak are food to the strong! And only the strong have any rights in this world or ours!! Today, little fish, you make a choice!!! And if you choose right, I will make you the most ruthless white shark in this ocean!!! You will stand among the strong, among the chosen ones!!! Hahahaa! Yes!! Someone worth of my time!" and with that being said, she would look back at Risa, narrow her purple orbs and widen her cruel and wicked smile.

"Come... Claim your place among the rulers of this world!!" she invited the kid.

and this is hell

325 words
Taijutsu Training

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Feb 27, 2023 3:10:34 GMT -5
taneda risa
better late than never!
taneda risa Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Something strange happened in Risa’s mind and body—normally she felt very… her, her thoughts racing with excitement and happiness and eagerness to take on the day, her feet carrying her at top speed from class to class and adventure to adventure. Every day was a surprise, a gift, a new thing to be absorbed and enjoyed and loved.

Now, there was a disconnect. Risa felt her head ache, felt the blood in her mouth, the ringing in her ears. But her thoughts were gone, disappeared. All she had was sensei’s words: The weak are food to the strong. You will stand among the strong. Someone worthy of my time.

Claim your place among the rulers of the world.

Risa let out an otherworldly shriek, and her body acted of its own accord: more akin to a puppet than a trained shinobi, but the effort was there as she flung herself at Kyouka-sensei and did her damnedest to do as she was told. She was like a wild animal, striking out with fists and feet, trying every kick and punch that had been schooled into her until they were muscle memory. No body part was sacred: she kicked at Kyouka’s shins, punched at her jaw, would even try a for a rabid, animalistic bite to her bicep if she was able to get in close enough.

Anything to draw blood.

Anything to be strong.

LAIKA OF THQ

when did I become a babysitter? [Training]Feb 28, 2023 11:47:24 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

When Risa embraced her inner demons and allowed them to come to surface, Kyouka spread open her arms as an invitation for the girl to embrace the path of violence, the social darwinism that Kyouka was so fond of. She liked the look in her eyes, the fury, the savagery, the will to do what others couldn't. And that what she needed to do. She needed to be more present around the youth of the village, for they had been turning into peace-loving bitches like the Leaf and Grass shinobi were. Disgusting vermis infecting this land because the strong had grown complacent and merciful, forgetting their duty as rulers of the world.

Her attacks lacked finesse, but they had something far more important than that: they had fury and some hatred, something Kyouka hoped to continue to polish until that young girl could become a real monster like she was. They needed monsters in this world, for they were the ones standing above all. And due to her fury, she did drawn blood from Kyouka eventually, and that was when she called an end to their training, fading into a pool of water to get away from her furious assault, and reappearing behind Risa, clapping her hands, with a large happy - yet also wicked - smile on her face.

"Doesn't it feel good?! To taste the blood of your opponents?! You are good, kid. And I will make you great! Keep on following this path, and you will have the Bloody Maelstrom on your corner! Hehehe." she said, with plenty of satisfaction in her tone.

and this is hell

281 words
Potential exit post