Divine Providence | Akatsuki

compose a reply
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJun 26, 2022 4:01:59 GMT -5
Sairin Zakuro
Life without freedom is no life at all
Sairin Zakuro Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday Jun 02 rank C-Rank occupation C-Rank Nukenin
Waiting didn't used to bother Zakuro. A proper assassin lived and died by their patience, and after 13 years of being a shinobi Zakuro was still very much alive. But this? This waiting was different. It had been over a week since his clandestine meeting with Hotaru and still the Uchiha had yet to contact him further.

But Zakuro knew the importance of keeping a low profile, and so he didn't act on his impatience. Instead, he dedicated himself to living his second life on the outskirts of a small village in southern River Country. The people here were nice enough, they didn't pry or ask too many questions, but the work was definitely monotonous and difficult at times. With the small fortune he had taken from that merchant, Zakuro had gotten a small hut to himself and even managed a healthy flock of chickens, complete with a rooster. In fact, that was what he was tending to right at this moment, sitting on a low stump with a burlap sack in hand. The chickens clucked excitedly as he tossed handfuls of barley for them to feast upon, his piercing green eyes not on his birds but always scanning his surroundings.

To the average person, Zakuro looked the part of a chicken farmer. A dirty, dark blue samue with matching bandana wasn't far off from what poor farmers in this region wore, but more discerning eyes would be able to spot a few irregularities. The hair messily tucked underneath his bandana initially registered as brown, but in certain angles of light it appeared almost orange or red, perhaps it was dyed? And the samue's sleeves seemed to be custom tailored to be longer than normal, extending almost to the wrists. His skin was much more pale than what would be expected of a farmer, and when the wind blew in just the right way, his physique was much more robust than the typical peasant farmer.

But the disguise was good enough for this place, and so while Zakuro was cautious, he felt no real fear of his true identity being recognized. He continued to toss the barley, eyes still searching for any sign of Uchiha Hotaru finally coming to call for his services.
last edit by Sairin Zakuro on Jun 26, 2022 4:03:08 GMT -5
Yamato has written 4 posts
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJun 29, 2022 1:39:02 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday October 16 rank B-Ranked occupation
❊ BACK TO NEVERLAND ❊
It had been quite some time since Akatsuki had last visited the River Country. Not for any particular reason--she traversed much of the world, and after her goals and aspirations had crumbled away before her eyes, she'd not yet found anywhere to fully settle down. She was uncertain if she would settle down, or if she'd continue the life of a vagrant. It had been quite some time, now, but still, she'd not been able to make a decision. She wasn't certain if, instead, she should damn all of it and give up entirely.
    But as she continued to wander the world, the River Country was among the lands she thought kindly of. She held good memories there, and as she once more reached the outskirts of a small town, she felt comforted once more by the prospect of simplicity.
    Like looking at a rose encased in glass--walled off, not something she could fully touch, but she could still admire it from a distance.
    It wasn't something she was certain she ever could properly have, but still the thought often lingered on her mind. And if nothing else, it was always pleasant to entertain it--even if for only a short while.
    The young woman glanced over to see a young man out in his yard as she treaded upon the outskirts of the small village, and she waved out to him. The boy seemed vigilant at his station, his attention elsewhere while his hands scattered feed about the area so that his flock of chickens could have their meal. She was uncertain if he would be receptive to her--strangers were sometimes hard to read. He might be friendly, but he might also yell at her and tell her to leave. There was only one way to tell for certain, though.
    "Hello!" she said in a friendly tune as she walked over--still keeping some distance so as to not alarm the individual. She was dressed in a white blouse that fell off her shoulders, the long, loose sleeves concealing most of her arms and masking the many scars she had upon them. Some were still visible on her chest--what skin was visible, there--but with her navy bodice and blue skirts, she still rather looked the part of a simple wanderer. There were some tells to her history--a sword equipped on the belt hanging around her waist, a satchel filled with her personal belongings. She looked pleasant, but it was still clear enough that she'd lived a rough life on the road. "I'm passing through, and I was wondering if I could stay the night somewhere in town. Do you know if there's an inn nearby?"
    If not, that was okay. She could make camp outside of the village, and take refuge in the forest. She knew how to survive in the wild, but it was always nice to have a proper roof over her head and easy access to food and supplies.

WORDS: 491
TAGS:
NOTES: Meep
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ

Mika has written 372 posts
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJul 12, 2022 5:40:46 GMT -5
Sairin Zakuro
Sairin Zakuro Avatar
groupnull
The moment the strange person entered his field of view, Zakuro's eyes snapped to meet hers, not initially reacting to the wave she offered but eventually returning it with a hesitant wave of his own as she drew closer.

The woman only grew friendlier as she approached, giving a cheery 'Hello!' while notably keeping a respectful distance between the two of them. The chickens were indifferent to the newcomer thanks to the abundance of barely before them, but Zakuro was able to make out some of her more distinct features as she drew closer. For one, she clearly had some sort of combat experience under her belt, her scars, eyepatch, and weapon were clear indicators of that, but from what he could tell she didn't seem to openly be a shinobi.

"Erm... no there isn't an inn in this village, much too small you see. But..."

There was a significant pause as the former Ame ninja considered his options, absentmindedly scattering another handful of barely onto the ground before finishing his sentence.

"...if you'd like you could stay in my stable. Well, it's not exactly done, but it's got three walls and a roof."

To illustrate his point, Zakuro pointed towards his hut where there was indeed a small structure protruding from it. It was clearly unfinished, but as promised it would give more protection from the elements than just lying out in the open.

"And if you need something to eat, I've got some spare eggs and veggies I can sell ya. Or I've got some leftover stew that I'm willing to share."

His speech was mostly neutral with just a slight friendly tone to it. His body language was anything but friendly, however, with his posture stiff and cautious, and his eyes studying the woman scrutinizingly. Was this woman a contact of Hotaru's?
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJul 13, 2022 13:01:12 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ BACK TO NEVERLAND ❊
Akatsuki watched the young man's actions and reactions. He seemed hesitant and nervous, but he was being approached by a stranger who was visibly armed, so she tried not to think too much on it. Most villagers had no combat training, and any potential threat could be the ending of their livelihood or their life itself. Bandits and troublemakers who only wished to steal, kill, and wreak havoc and destruction--well, they were very real, and a true threat.
    He provided the news that there was, in fact, no inn within the village for her to stay at, and she nodded a little in response. Still, her spirits didn't drop too much--it would be nice to rest within a village, but she'd spent many a night beneath the stars and had weathered under worse circumstances. She knew that it wasn't guaranteed, but it was always good to check for certain!
    With much hesitation, the boy offered her a place to stay instead. Not an inn or a proper room, but a makeshift stable that would at least provide a roof. She glanced over to the building that was still being constructed, and then back to the young man as he offered her other resources.
    "Ah--I'd hate to impose," Akatsuki said quickly. Really, she didn't mind going on her own way, but he was offering her a kindness she didn't want to reject. And, besides, perhaps there was a way that she could make it beneficial for both of them. He seemed hesitant and uncertain--and she didn't blame him for that--but perhaps she could do something in return for his goodwill. "But I appreciate it a lot. I'll pay you for the trouble," she said, walking over closer to him. Once closer, she'd offer him a few coins to pay for the lodging. She was going to spend her savings on a room to rent, anyway, so she was happy to pay him for his aid. And some vegetables and eggs really sounded nice, too. "Ah, in fact--if you wanted," she glanced over to the stable before returning her attention to him, "I could also help you finish building, if you'd like! We've got a lot of time before nightfall, and I'm not in desperate need for rest. Plus, I'm quite strong! So, I'd be happy to lend a hand!"

WORDS: 388
TAGS:
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJul 24, 2022 18:48:08 GMT -5
Sairin Zakuro
Sairin Zakuro Avatar
groupnull
Zakuro's posture loosened as they continued to converse, his hand tentatively reaching into his sack to throw another handful of barley to his still feeding chickens. With the same hand, he accepted the coins that she offered to him, pocketing them quickly. He normally would turn away such a small sum for a service that cost him practically nothing, but he knew that a real farmer would be more loathe to turn away any payment given.

Both of his eyebrows raised in surprise when the strange woman even went so far as to offer to help him finish constructing the stable, to which he shrugged and stood up, startling the chickens just a bit but they quickly returned their attention to stuffing their little beaks.

"I'd appreciate that sort of help quite a bit, actually. Let me put this barley away and I'll grab my tools and supplies."

Zakuro dusted his free hand on his pants before disappearing into his home for a minute or so, returning shortly with a bucket filled with the various tools and objects that they would need to finish constructing the stable. He gestured for the woman to follow him towards the incomplete structure.

"All I really need to do is sand down the rough edges wherever they are and attach the gate, but since you're offerin' to help I was also thinking of cutting out a small window on the side there. I'm Kamei, by the way, what's your name traveler?"

The former Ame shinobi was reasonably sure that this woman wasn't one of Hotaru's contacts, but he was thankful to have someone to interact with all the same, especially if she was willing to lend a hand around the place.
Divine Providence | AkatsukiJul 29, 2022 21:22:06 GMT -5
Akatsuki
Akatsuki Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
❊ BACK TO NEVERLAND ❊
Akatsuki nodded a bit, grateful when the young man agreed to her suggestion. She would otherwise have felt too much of an intrusion--or a burden--if she hadn't offered him at least something in return for his kind deed, so she was grateful that he allowed the compensation. Fighting people in an endless cycle of "no you!" always caused her more distress than likely was intended.
    He disappeared into his home for a couple of moments before returning with a bucket of tools in hand. Instinctively, Akatsuki moved to take the bucket from him, but instead saw that he intended to lead the way with his tools in hand. So, she simply followed along his guidance, instead. The young man explained that there, thankfully, wasn't very much work to be done by this point. He thought about perhaps adding a window, but most of what he wanted was for the wood to be sanded down. Both were certainly things that Akatsuki could assist with.
    When he introduced himself as Kamei, the white-haired woman offered up a warm smile in kind. "I am called 'Akatsuki the Bleeding Sun'," she said in a light voice. "It's very nice to meet you, Kamei."
    Akatsuki had no idea that the man before her was in contact with Hotaru--or "Kazutoshi", as she'd known the man by--and while there had been a significance between their meeting, truthfully, there was no way to know if Hotaru would have told his comrades about her. She wasn't in alliance to them, after all, and she wasn't part of their organization. But, still, she owed him a great deal, and he'd committed her to his own memory--if the flower beds he'd planted in her honor hadn't been enough proof of that. Regardless, though, as she happily offered her name up to the stranger, there was really no saying for certain if it was a title that would hold any significance to him or not.
    Without any further regard to such, Akatsuki would take some of the sanding materials from Kamei before saying, "So... shall we get to work?"

WORDS: 347
TAGS:
XOXO SHIN OF GS + THQ