Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 24, 2022 23:49:01 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"Sink and Destroy".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

RENDEZVOUS

Shigure's next mission took him to the Tea Country, located in the southern most border of the Land of Fire, and to the east of the Land of Wind. Intelligence had gathered some information regarding the whereabouts of a pirate port that had been causing trouble around the region. This port was supposed to be an important spot for the pirates to operate and resupply from. Therefore, the team was assigned with infiltrating the place and sinking as many of their ships as they could, while also eliminating as many pirates as they could. It was going to be a battle-intense mission, and a good test for the Leaf's newest Special Jounin.

The Hidden Sand was also interested in ridding the world of these pirates and sent a shinobi of their own to rendezvous with the Leaf so they could work together. With the two of them, the mission should have a greater chance of success, and the villages were positive they would soon be hearing from the two of them.

Their meeting spot was in a small village near the location of the pirate port, about three kilometres to the northeast of it. Shigure was standing near its entrance, arms folded in front of his chest as he waited for his partner, who should be arriving at any minute now. He didn't know this person, but he wasn't concerned; every shinobi from the sand he had worked with prior had been quite competent. What he did know was that she was known as the 'Tiger of the Hidden Sand', and apparently that moniker came from her ability to stalk and take down her targets. "She does seem like someone I would like to have on my side..." he thought to himself.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

B-Rank Mission (1/20)
Waiting at the entrance of the village
[]
[300 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 25, 2022 13:38:08 GMT -5
Zankokusa | Hatsumomo
' How Dare You Touch Me! '
Zankokusa | Hatsumomo Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday June 16th. rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader [[ Alpha ]]

Hatsumomo walked through the path that was marked on the map, this was the first time that she would be working with a shinobi of the leaf. She found herself to be quite excited to take down the stubborn pirates that have been making a mess of everything. Her Koma-Geta knocked as she walked along; getting out of the Sands was always refreshing, though she loved her village... she liked a moment to get out and break things. She grew goosebumps on her arm and jumped into a nearby tree, there was something just ahead of her.

The wind tasted like a shinobi.

She proceeded cautiously, she knew that she was coming up to the rendezvous but outside of the village she could never be too sure. As she grew closer, she remembered that this was ' Tatsumaki no Shigure '. When she was briefed, she was told about his amazing skills and speed, though the name was fitting; she wanted to see it for herself. Her all-black catsuit gleamed as she got within eyesight of Shigure.

Rendezvous

@
Drewy870 has written 11 posts
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 25, 2022 14:14:24 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"sink and destroy".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

MEET AND GREET

While he waited for Tiger of the Hidden Sand to arrive, he casually grabbed a wrapped Tayaki and ate it. It was just a little treat he had saved for the trip, and it helped keep his nerves under full control while he waited. As he finished eating, he disposed of the wrapping on a nearby garbage and then grabbed a bottle of water. By the time he was done drinking part of it, he saw a figure approaching in the distance. She had an all-black catsuit and was wearing a Koma-Geta instead of the traditional shinobi sandals he was wearing. All in all, she fit the description of the person he was waiting for, which prompted him to approach her as well.

He would carry a friendly smile on his face, and when they were within close proximity, he would pause and give the woman a respectful bow. "Greetings, Tiger of the Hidden Sand. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." he said in a formal, yet friendly tone. Hatsumomo was slightly taller than Shigure, but her Koma-Geta made her look a bit taller than she actually was. The Hyuuga was on the shorter end for males, and had a slim complexion. At first glance, he didn't look like much. His most defining feature was his white-eyes, like those of a blind person, but if she ever heard of the Hyuuga clan before - and it was likely that she had - she would know that this couldn't be further from the truth.

"I'm Shigure, from the Hyuuga clan." even though she likely knew that already, courtesy asked him to properly introduce himself before continuing to speak about their mission. "I believe you have been briefed on the mission, correct? Well... The Pirate's Port is three kilometres to the southwest of here, and I can draw a map of it, if you would like. They have quite the numbers, but not many of them seem capable of molding chakra from what I've watched." he added, his tone showing he was confident the two of them could handle this mission.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

B-Rank Mission (3/20)
Talking to Hatsumomo
[]
[354 words]
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 27, 2022 13:09:12 GMT -5
Zankokusa | Hatsumomo
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday June 16th. rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader [[ Alpha ]]

The man was warm and inviting, the soft smile on his face seemed to calm Hatusmomo " Yes, I have been briefed. What is the plan of attack? " She let out a low growl and looked in the direction of the boats. The sails were vaguely seen from the direction that they stood. She wanted to get the mission done with... but she also wanted to see Shigures power " You are the Tornado of the Hyuuga... that name doesn't come free of expectation. " She found herself actually smiling at this shinobi, this was the first time since being freed from her prison that there was a slight sliver of peace. Though his eyes were white and nearly emotionless... there was a warmth there. The hair prickled on her arm, she shook her head and began to slowly walk to the assault point. Her past was in siege weaponry " Has there been previous siege attacks upon the fleet?"

@
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 27, 2022 22:55:25 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

INFILTRATION PLAN

He nodded when she confirmed that she had been briefed on the mission, and then she asked what was the plan of attack shortly before mentioning his newest moniker, Tornado, which made his cheeks flare in a discrete hue of red. "I wasn't aware you knew about it. I'm flattered." he said with a quick bow and a subtle, slightly embarrassed smile on his face. Refocusing on the mission at hand, she finished by asking him if there had been previous siege attacks upon the fleet.

"The locals tried to fight against them, but their force was not enough to drive them away. With chakra users among them, the pirates are far beyond their league. My idea is to infiltrate their port, sabotage their ships, and take them down." he started. "We should take down as many as we can before alerting them, but we need to sabotage the ships first so they can't use them for an escape." he continued as he crouched, using his index finger to draw the layout of their port on the ground (click for image).

"They have a few lodgings here and here, and a small boat moored here." he said, pointing to his drawing. "They have their main ship here, and an escape vessel ready on the south of the port, right here." he explained, getting back up. "Once we get close to their port, we split up. You circle around the water to get to their escape vessel, and I will infiltrate their main ship. Once we take care of those, we can start taking out the pirates. Since I have good eyes, I will ask one of my Eagles to help you out. You can ask him to scout the area for you." he explained, and that was the plan he had elaborated after analyzing the place with his Byakugan. "That is the plan for now. What do you think?" he asked.

B-Rank Mission (5/20)
Explain plan to Hatsumomo
[]
[324 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Jul 27, 2022 22:56:01 GMT -5
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 28, 2022 15:38:22 GMT -5
Zankokusa | Hatsumomo
groupnull

She looked at the map and studied it carefully, she wanted to make sure that she fully understood the plan. Hatsumomo knew that this was going to be a challenge " Your absolutely right, I know another way to draw them in towards the escape boat. " She looked at the map a moment longer and thought about the maneuver that she wanted to inform him of " The cannons are going to be useless if we can sabotage them. " She drew a line from the northeast corner leading to the southeast corner " What if we went clones to deal with the cannons while we disrupt the quarters? "

" I can create a massive distraction with the Rashōmon while they are moving to the quarters. We can destroy the ships. " She pushed her finger into the dirt at the southeast point and the southwest point " With them distracted with the Rashōmon... " She traced an 'X' on the ships and near where the Rashōmon would appear " We can literally hail them with jutsu since they will be herded like cattle. "

@
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 29, 2022 11:46:13 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

CLONES AND GATES

When she said she had another way to draw them towards the escape boat, his smirk widened. "I'm all ears, Hatsumomo-san." and then the woman looked over the map, pointing out that the cannons, if sabotaged, would be useless and that was something he also had in mind, so he nodded. Then, the woman drew a line from the northeast corner all the way down to the southeast one, suggesting them to send clones to take care of that while they disrupt the quarters. "That is a valid idea. I don't have a large chakra pool, but I can handle a couple shadow clones at a reduced fighting capacity." he pondered, scratching his chin with his index finger.

The woman mentioned the Rashomon as a distraction and he was surprised she could use such a power; the only other person he knew had access to such an ability was the Hokage himself. "That could work." he agreed, although the part in which she mentioned hailing them with jutsu like a cattle left him a bit unsure. "Hmm... That is an option, although I would feel more confident at laying waste of them like that once we take care of those who can use jutsu. I don't want to risk us tiring ourselves before a more challenging fight. These guys... I counted four of them, they are stationed here." he said, pointing to the area near the main boat. "And here." he pointed to a larger building near the escape boat. "But while the clones sabotage the cannons, I can engage the two in the south, while you take care of the other two there. I think this is a solid plan." he said as he looked at the woman's eyes.

If she was in agreement, he would then move on to head towards the pirate's port, slowly and being mindful of their stealth; this was an infiltration and sabotage mission after all.

B-Rank Mission (7/20)
Discussing strategy
[]
[327 words]
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Jul 31, 2022 12:37:43 GMT -5
Zankokusa | Hatsumomo
groupnull

Shew thought and listened to what Shigure had to say, he was exceptionally smart in the art of stealth " I completely agree with you. " Shigure seemed confident in the general plan, though Hatusmomo thought that the cannons were a threat; there wasn't a bigger threat than the jutsu users amongst them " It seems like you have a better mind for infiltration than I do. " She thought about the map again and giggled to herself. She placed her hand on his shoulder for a brief moment and nodded "Let's go get some Pirates. "

@
last edit by Zankokusa | Hatsumomo on Jul 31, 2022 12:38:47 GMT -5
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Aug 1, 2022 23:40:30 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

DAISUKE

With the two of them in agreement, they were good to go, and when she placed her hand on his shoulder, he smiled at the Oiran and gave her a firm nod. "Let's do it." and with that being said, the two of them headed towards the Pirate Port, proceeding at a slower pace so that they could remain out of sight. Shigure used his Byakugan to guide them and make sure they would remain out of sight and out of mind for the time being, and once they got close enough, it was about time for them to go their separate ways, but before that, he waived some hand seals and bit his thumb to draw some blood, slamming his hand on the ground. After a poof of smoke, a golden eagle appeared. He had large talons and looked rather dignified. He landed on Shigure's arm and bobbed his head back and forth. "Hey there, Shigure. What's going on?" the bird asked.

"Daisuke, it's good to see you. We are on an important mission, infiltrating a pirate's port." he started. "I need you to please help Hatsumomo-san by giving her intel on the area as needed, scouting the area ahead. Can you help with that?" he asked and the Eagle turned to face the Oiran. "Of course. You can count on me." he said with a rather confident tone, leaping from Shigure's arm to the Oiran's shoulder. "I will take to the skies when you are ready." he told her, and with that, they finally parted ways.

Shigure would take the main route, heading towards the pirate's main vessel, while Hatsumomo would be in charge of taking the south route and taking care of their escape vessel. As he sneaked around the area, Shigure would see two pirates standing guard near the entrance. Still hiding in the bush, he would waive a single hand seal. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu." and with that, two exact replicas of the Hyuuga appeared and in unisson, the three of them dashed at an incredible speed, quickly ending the lives of the two pirates with a precise strike from the Gentle Fist.

The clones would then proceed to use the Transformation Technique to take on their likeness, while Shigure hid the corpses in the bush.

B-Rank Mission (9/20)
Summons Daisuke (D-Rank Summon), creates 2 Shadow Clones, takes down the two pirate guards, get the clones to transform into them and hides the corpses.
[]
[407 words]
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 18:36:15 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Replacement

The sudden invite and change of plans had come as a surprise to Azarea, but when she'd received the missive that Shigure's previous mission partner had needed to depart and the man was in desperate need of a replacement she hadn't hesitated in accepting. Her Kikaichu in this case were the perfect fit for such an operation and few could beat the likes of an Aburame and Hyuuga scouting team. The fact the job called for active sabotage was just the icing on the cake to the Kunoichi even if the rank of the mission loomed high and daunting. Still veering from her initial travel course Azarea south to rendezvous with her old childhood friend. The red haired woman pushing the limits of her speed to reach the meeting point only pausing to signal Daisuke with her fire starter gauntlets to alert the bird to lead his summoner to her location. Her hive humming low beneath her skin at their host's excitement as she settled down on a branch to await Shigure's arrival.

"Hey long time no see," Azarea would greet him lifting a hand to give a casual wave as the Hyuuga would eventually approach. "Sorry I won't be as much help as another chuunin or special jouning, but I figured it's better then going it alone. I heard you needed some ships sabotaged and I am if nothing else a strong swimmer." She jests flashing the man a toothy pointed grin, her scarlet eyes lighting up with barely contained malice.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:252 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 18:50:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

OBSTACLES AND ADAPTATION

When Daisuke returned to inform that the Tiger of the Hidden Sand would be unable to continue the mission, he cursed his own luck. His plan relied on the presence of another person of a similar level of skill to work, and now it had crumbled. But as a shinobi, it was his duty to adapt. Apparently someone else had been sent to replace her, as they were around the area, and were also from an allied village, but they were just a Genin. "This is not going to be good..." was his initial thought, prompting him to sigh deeply and retreat, while his Shadow Clones remained taking on the likeness of the men he had just killed, hoping they would not be discovered while he regrouped.

Daisuke guided him to the meeting point and to his immense surprise, he found Azarea there. "H-hey... I didn't know it was you... Daisuke failed to mention that." he said, glancing over to the bird, who chirped and bobbed his head. "I didn't want to say names out loud there." he defended himself, and Shigure decided he didn't want to discuss with him. On thr bright side, Azarea was not your average Genin, which gave him a bit more confidence, but still, he needed to be very careful, as he didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

"Well, let me explain my original plan..." and with that, he went over what he had discussed with the Tiger of the Hidden Sand before, and how the two of them would divide and conquer. "But as things change, we will have to adapt. I will be taken on Hatsumomo-san's route through the north, and I want you to go south with Daisuke and rendezvous with my two shadow clones. They are transformed as the enemy, but Daisuke will let you know who they are. Only... The clones will engage, while you sabotage the cannons there. Are you sure you are up for it, Azarea? If not... I can do this on my own." and his tone didn't lack conviction, but he knew it would far more difficult.

B-Rank Mission [11/25]
Regroups with Azarea to discuss the new strategy
[]
[364 words]
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 19:06:34 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Sabotage

Staring down at the map Azarea furrowed her brow considering the plan at hand that Shigure was explaining to her in detail. The woman squinting at the layout before digging through her pack and assessing what she has on her for the mission. "All right. I've got my rebreather and an air tank so I can stay underwater for quite some time which I think will be my best bet of approaching the cannons and the ship. It looks like those cannons are set up on rotating wooden platforms. I'm pretty sure I can disperse my Kikaichu at each of those points and have them tunnel under the platforms before chewing through the wood or destabilizing the base. It won't permanently take out the cannons, but they won't do the pirates much good pointed at the ground." She summarizes as she pulls out a pencil and circles the areas she'll be hitting.

"If I put two explosive tags on the stern of the ship I can take out the back and the rudder which should sink the thing. If I have the time I'll rig some to the dock leading up to the ship so if they try to flee there to escape we can take out a good chunk of them that way." Azarea suggests with a thoughtful nod.

"I'm going to put some Kikaichu on you and Daisuke though. I can't talk back to you, but if you need to alert me of a change in the plan my insects will be able to let me know through the hive." She adds folding up the map and handing it back to Shigure.

"Once I get everything into place my beetles will get your attention and fan their wings twice. If somethings gone wrong they'll fan their wings three times. If I can't complete the assignment they'll fan their wings once."

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:  312|
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 1, 2022 19:14:02 GMT -5
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 19:14:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

SPLIT UP WITH THE NEW PLAN

Shigure nodded at her words. "Perfect, and both me and Daisuke have the eyes to be able to see you, even through the distance, so if you are in need of assistance, make the wing sign." he paused for a moment. "And we will come to your aid immediately. Your life will take precedent over the mission, and this is non-negotiable." his tone was firm, as he was the captain of this mission. Now that the two of them had discussed the plan, it was about time for them to split up, but before doing that, he looked back at Daisuke. "Daisuke, let the clones know the new plan, but please be as discreet as you can." he asked and the golden eagle nodded before flapping his wings. "Gotcha." and with that being said, he departed, scouting ahead to make sure the path was clear for Azarea.

Looking back one last time, he nodded at the girl and gave her a smile. "I have faith in you." he added before heading towards his side of the port. Shigure was sneaking around as much as he could, keeping himself as quiet as possible, heading towards the south, where he would intercept the escape vessel and prevent them from leaving in case they decided not to fight. The mission was now about to begin.

B-Rank Mission [13/25]
Splits up so they can start the execution of their plan
[]
[239 words]
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 19:28:31 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Shark in The Water

"Don't worry Shigue I'll be careful. Once I get the job done I'll see what I can do to support you from afar without endangering myself further." Azarea agrees as the woman straps on her rebreather and hooks it up to the additional air tank. Giving Shigure a thumbs up she orders a few of her Kikaichu to alight on the Hyuuga and Daisuke. The little fluffy bugs making themselves comfortable among his clothing and the eagle's feathers. While her nature had always been doton rather then suiton like any native born fire countryman she held a certain fondness for the water. The woman wading into the waves a good ways north of the pirate hideout to prevent being spotted as she flickered through the handseals for the henge and dove beneath the water. Transforming with nary a poof into a decent sized tiger shark. Just big enough other underwater predators would hopefully think twice about taking a bite out of her, but a not unusual presence around the likes of a pirate port where bodies and blood were plentiful. Leaving the woman to 'swim casual' as it were.

The Kunoichi slowly swimming her way down the edge of the coastline until her she can see the lights of the port reflecting off the water. The 'shark' skirting across the surface to get a good look at what was above the shoreline her gaze searching for the looming figures of the cannons as she wove her way close to the rocks.

Rebreather Equipped
Air Tank Equipped

NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 251 |
Sink and Destroy [B-Rank Mission]Oct 1, 2022 19:41:41 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"sink and destroy".

SABOTAGING CANNONS

Shigure arrived at the south end of the port, where the escape vessel was moored. He had to swim through the water to get around it, but that was not an isseu. With his Byakugan he confirmed that nobody was on the ship. There were three main structures neart that ship: a lodging building to the right, where three men were sleeping. Attached to this one, there were three rotating cannons, which could mean trouble, but there was only one man there operating it. In front of the ship, on its port side, there was a warehouse, which was currently empty, and immediately to its left, there was another building structure, where four men were eating something and talking. There were three guards that walked around the area, taking rounds.

After assessing the situation, Shigure decided to start by placing three explosive tags on the starboard of the ship, so that he could later activate it and make it sink. Then, he cautiously swam towards the area with the three cannons in the lodging area. Going around it and keeping tabs on the man who was stationed there, and the moving guards. When the opportunity arose, he moved from the water and hid himself in the bushes on the northwest corner of the cannon area and hid there, keeping himself as quiet as possible, and when the guard walked away again, he infiltrated through the window, shutting the man's mouth with his hand and slitting his throat. A quiet and silent death.

Carefully, he lowered his body and dragged it, hiding it in the bushes there. One of them was down, now he needed to take care of the men who were sleeping in the beds nearby, but first, he would sabotage the cannons, so they wouldn't work anymore, and he did that by using his kunai to start disassembling it. It would take a couple minutes, as he was trying to be quiet.

B-Rank Mission [15/25]
Infiltrates through the southeast side, kills the man near the cannons and start sabotaging them
[]
[341 words]