The Struggle [Keen]

compose a reply
The Struggle [Keen]Oct 11, 2022 13:53:27 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

There was no moon over the horizon tonight. Stars glinted above, a cool autumn chill gracing the streets of Kumogakure as the young Chuunin stood in the training grounds already covered in sweat. His body nearly steamed as he panted, trying his best to control his breathing and even more so to control his emotions.

Daisuke's knuckles were already bloody, a red-pink hue seeping through the linen wrapped around his hands. Over and over he struck the wooden practice dummy, practicing a rigorous kata. Thuds echoed out of the training grounds as Daisuke grunted with each strike he made against the dummy before him before tears began to well up in the corner of his eyes, forcing a yell from the young apprentice.

A final ax kick collided into the dummy, its mass breaking in two, splinters scattering every which way as Daisuke fell to his knees in anguish. There was admittedly a well of emotions running through Daisuke at the time, and for one reason or another, it all seemed to be boiling over here and now. His companion Kota was still recovering from their failed attempt at sage training, when the two had tried to use the amphibian technique only to have the wolf get mangled by Daisuke's own jutsu. His hand then instinctively moved to the wound on his shoulder where Don'Yokuna's fang had pierced him, and once more the wound had opened and the stitches torn from his rigorous exercise. He needed rest, to be certain, but his mind at heart were in so much distress, sitting still was nearly the last thing he could manage.

"Fuck...” He muttered, curling over as his fingers flexed against the cold ground.

"FUCK!!!” He cursed, tears finally curling over his eyes, beginning to pool beneath him.

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

| C Rank Training 1/15

Temp By: Akira
Matt has written 205 posts
The Struggle [Keen]Oct 11, 2022 14:15:20 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Dark Nights

Daisuke was not the only Shinobi among the training fields who preferred to work through their conflicting emotions with their fists. Though he was certainly the loudest of the two of them as his shouts and explanatives garnered the attention of the training fields other lurking ghost. Soft footfalls on hard packed dirt heralding her arrival as Azarea stepped out the the shadows. The young woman's usually smiling face set in a blank mask as hard scarlet eyes flicked between Daisuke and the downed training dummy. As quietly she shifted padding forward as quiet as a cat to grasp the abused wood and hoist the piece back into place. It wouldn't hold up to more abuse, but it would be easier for a team to come by later to repair. Before silently she held out her palm waiting patient, and steady, as still as a statue for Daisuke to either accept the hand or bat it away. Uncertain which the man needed in the moment. To stand on his own to feet or know the comfort of comradery.

"I'll help you rewrap your bandages if you'll help me with mine." She offered voice flat an even trade easier for both of them to stomach and giving an avenue for further exchange. "Loose ends will just slow down our training anyway." Azarea murmured a weight to her words and whether she speak of unraveling bandages or other baggage is anyone's guess.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 240 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
The Struggle [Keen]Oct 21, 2022 8:45:45 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

As soon as the woman's voice hit his ears, Daisuke steeled himself, whipping his head back to see who had joined him. While tears still settled in the corner of his eyes, he could easily claim them to simply be beads of sweat if asked, his body already drenched.

"Can't say I was expecting company.” The young sage said as he curled over, resting a hand behind him to prop himself up while the other draped over his knee. He panted a moment, his head turned to the side before he eventually gave a single nod, accepting the woman's precense.

The apprentice pushed himself off his arm, crossing his legs as he sat forward and wiped the remnants of his weakness from his eyes with his forearm. His hands and arms shook with fatigue, his breathing heavy as the cool nights chill hushed through the air around them. Daisuke would begin by unwrapping his bloodied bandages, spreading his fingers to assess the full damage he'd done to his hands. He'd done worse, he thought, a small smirk crossing his expression before it just as soon faded.

"So...” Daisuke started, easing himself into conversation with the redhead. "What are you doing here, Azarea? It's damn near two in the morning.

The Struggle [Keen]Oct 21, 2022 15:37:13 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Unbalanced

Settling down cross legged across from Daisuke Azarea pulled out a clean roll of bandages. The woman slowly reaching for his hand as she gives him plenty of time to pull back should he not want the contact before methodically and carefully beginning to rewrap his fingers and knuckles. "Don't tell Auntie, but I don't actually sleep much." Azarea admits her voice barely above a whisper in the quiet cool night air. It had been easier with Riku. He'd leave a crow nesting in her flower box on her balcony, but he was gone and she was meant to be old enough she didn't need a shinobi equivalent of a nightlight to chase the terrors in her mind away. Strangely she slept her best on missions where she knew she would be attacked then in the safety of her own bed.

"Sides. Most of Kumogkure no Sato don't know what my secondary specialty is and in order to not actively freak people out I tend to practice at night or in private." She adds with the slightest twitch of a smile she didn't entirely feel. "What about yourself? You seem..." unbalanced, she thinks. Like a wolf before the full moon. She half expected with her approach for Daisuke with his wide eyes to turn around and try and bite her. Something within the man lost and unsettled in a way she could both understands, and was completely foreign to her.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 218 |
The Struggle [Keen]Dec 6, 2022 16:36:04 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

Daisuke let out a small puffed chuckle as Azarea went on, continuing to wrap his hands.

The young Chuunin's heart dropped in his chest when the woman asked about him, though. Admittedly, Daisuke couldn't even answer the question for himself. His spirit was in turmoil. in his chest, all he had were pent up feelings. Aggression, sadness, lonliness. Feelings of never being good enough about where he was in his life, and with those who surrounded him. The fronts he put on just felt like a mask to hide what was really going on. In truth, the only people who he had ever really let his guard down around were Kizumi and Shigure, and even they didn't know the whole truth. Kota didn't count, of course.

"I'm fine.” Daisuke barked, slightly more aggressive than what Azarea deserved concidering the circumstances. His hand recoiled, even though she wasn't fully done bandaging his wounds. The young sage's fingers curled into a fist before he finished wrapping his hand on his own, letting out a sigh of regret as he tucked the bandage into itself.

"Sorry.” He'd mumble. But, Daisuke would offer a sign he didn't want to lose her company, holding his other hand out to her for aid.

"Your secondary specialty?” Daisuke asked, trying to get the conversation going again. "Something more than just the genjutsu and ninjutsu you practice? Your family shit?” He guessed, privy to the knowledge of wher Azarea was formally from.

Assuming the woman wouldn't go too much into it herself, Daisuke would let out another small sigh, though a smirk came across his face as his head turned downward.

"You two would probably be pretty good together, you know.” He paused a moment before his head turned back up to the sky, his eyes closing. "Shigure and you, I mean. If its not too much for me to say so.” Daisuke took his opposite hand and ran it through his hair, soon resting it once more by his side. "He's a bit soft, a little short, but he's an honorable guy for sure. Good heart. I heard about the break with his fiance. Good thing, if you ask me. I never met her, but despite everything he said, I knew Shigure wasn't happy about the way things were going, all told. He's got a vision for his family, and she didn't fit. But what do I know about family.” He said with a huff.

"I was practically raised by wolves. My mom and dad are still around, but I haven't seen 'em in ages. Don't even know if they care about that, either. It was like as soon as I joined the academy and became a genin, they didn't give a shit about what I was doing anymore. I was out of their hair.” Daisuke paused a moment, reaching into his pocket looking for something that clearly wasn't there. "And after Kaede and Don'yokuna took me in... Well, I'm a bit different than that now. I think Kota is the last one who actually gives a shit, and I went and nearly got him killed.

Daisuke's eyes rolled in his head knowing how poorly he explained any of what was going on, or what he was feeling. He always had trouble with that, though. Processing his emotions.

The Struggle [Keen]Dec 10, 2022 0:14:27 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Family

"Even if my Kikaichu are cute many folks aren't particularly comfortable with the knowledge that my immune system is basically a hive of angry insects." Azarea quips with a shadow of a smile. The woman doesn't react to Daisuke's near growl nor the way he jerks back his hand. Her questions having prodded at wounds that still stung however figurative rather then literal they might be. The red haired Kunoichi instead waiting patiently until the man offers his other hand before quietly returning to her work. Only for her cheeks to color a pretty pink at his mention of the Hyuuga clan heir.

"Shigure is..." Her best friend, her first crush, her partner, HERS. HERS. HERS. despite whatever his clan said. Despite their attempts over and over to separate them. The part of her that she forever denied that was purely Hatake wanting to bare her teeth and tear out the throats of anyone who said otherwise. The woman's scarlet eyes gleaming in the low moonlight as she swallows down those emotions, but she cannot stop the way her expression sharpens with attention. "My childhood friend." Are the words she settles on.

"We grew up together... were nearly inseparable when we were little. I tried to write to him, but... it seems his clan and my former one intercepted any letters. He thought I was dead and I thought... I thought he hated me for what had happened." She admits though the words that come are painful for her as she digs into old wounds.

"I never had much to do with my parents either. My... well the man I thought was my Father hated me and my Mother loved me, but in her own way. She was... controlling. I didn't take well to the heavier hand she guided me with." Azarea murmurs with a shake of her head. "Riku was more a parent to me and recently I... I found out who my actual Father is. Turns out I really was a bastard which just makes the whole situation even more laughable." She explains with a bitter little chuckle.

"So don't... don't beat yourself up. Family isn't always blood." Azarea murmurs voice even and reassuring. "Sometimes family is just a bunch of dysfunctional odds and ends called beings thrown together to form their own weird little unit and that's ok."

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
The Struggle [Keen]Jan 20, 2023 15:44:46 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

"Childhood friend,” Daisuke mumbled with a brief pause. "If you say so.

The young sage remained quite while the redhead spoke. She was sincere in her words, vulnerable in a way Daisuke himself never quite felt comfortable being despite his own display. Perhaps it was the mood in the air that allowed her to share what she did, or maybe Azarea was just trying to let him know that she could relate. That he wasn't alone.

He offered a small smirk after a short while, his eyes flicking over to meet the woman beside him before they went back to his feet. "Found families are usually the better ones anyways.” Once she had finished tending to his bandages, Daisuke would rise, walking to a bench not too far off where he had left a pile of his belingings. From his backpack, he fished out a box of cigarettes, placing one between his lips before offering one to Azarea without a word.

He'd light his own, and extend the lighter to Azarea if she chose to partake as well before tossing the box and lighter both back inside his pack. Still in his hand, though, was a flask, of which he would drink from after taking a long drag from of smoke and again, offer the whisky to Azarea as well.

"Thanks for that.” The chuunin said under his breath. avoiding eye contact as he took another pull from the cigarette between his lips. "Can't say being honest about my feelings is an easy feat. I usually just go looking for a fight to channel that shit into.” He said with a small chuckle.

The Struggle [Keen]Feb 16, 2023 21:31:05 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Break Point

"Can't argue with that. Riku was many things, but the man was good to me." Azarea agrees as she rises quietly to join Daisuke on the bench. When he offers the cigarettes she pulls out a pack of her own with a smile and takes a stick between her lips. She does however accept the light. Drawing in a slow drag before she lets out a wispy puff of smoke into the cooler night air. Her eyes trailing it as it twists and disappears into the sky. "The normal ones don't work well with my constitution." She offers in way of explanation. Deciding it best not to mention that her Kikauchu liked the taste of tobacco would rather eat the cigarette then let her 'waste' it by smoking it.

She does however accept the whiskey. Taking a slow sip as she stares up at the stars enjoying the clear sky the shade of deep blue velvet and the little points of light scattered across it akin to precious jewels. It's pretty in a way nothing manmade could ever quite capture. "You don't have to thank me, but you're welcome all the same." She murmurs letting the moment wash over them like a warm wind. "We all hit our breaking point and shatter at some point and sometimes we need someone to if not pick up the pieces at least brush us into a pile so it's easier for us to do it ourselves." Azarea quips with a small smile quiet and a little melancholy.

"You told me once that you wanted to be Kage some day. Why?" She questions no hint of mockery or jest. Just simple honest curiosity.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
The Struggle [Keen]Feb 21, 2023 17:09:59 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

Daisuke raised his brow a moment, curious as to what exactly Azarea had meant by "the normal ones." Well, clearly she meant his cigarette, though he was curious what exactly was wrapped in hers if not for tobacco. Cloves, most likely, he'd guess, but the train of thought would soon be lost.

He agreed with her at the later statement, though. Many people around him could serve that purpose, if Daisuke felt himself humbled enough to admit to such a breaking point. In his life, it was only the wolves who had ever really seen him fall to such a fate. They had taken him in when he was most broken, giving him point and purpose time and time again. And as Kaede himself was more absent than ever, he couldn't help but feel a resentment building toward the man.

Of course, Kizumi too played a similar role fairly recently. She stayed up with him late into the night, allowing Daisuke to vent about his struggles, giving him at least some form of release. She was good to him. Better than any family, admittedly. Like Riku was for Azarea herself.

Despite his relation to her, though, the young sage would remain quiet. A simple nod of his head before he'd take his flask back and down a quick gulp. He'd again place the cigarette between his lips, taking a long drag as his brow rose at Azarea's next question.

"Why, indeed.” Daisuke muttered, his gaze turning to the ground as he mulled over his thoughts on the topic.

"A lot of reasons, I guess.” He eventually stated. "It's recognition. A way to feed my pride and ego. The esteem, the title of Kage... You become a symbol. But... There's more than that.” Daisuke would pause a moment. Tapping the ash of his cigarette after taking another pull and releasing the smoke, his nostrils like a vent. "I've always hungered for strength, Azarea.” The chunin continued, his voice a graveled hush. "I know it's childish. To want to be the strongest. And Raikage doesn't even fully quantify that strength. It encapsulates it, a broad statement, sure, that you hold title of the strongest shinobi in your land, but I know Kizumi isn't. Neither was Riku, if you ask me.

Daisuke stopped himself again, doing what he could to gather and refine his thought process. He was never the best with words in moments like this.

"But more than that... They, to me, were a symbol... A symbol of greatness. A symbol of perserverance, of dedication, of hope. And as foolish as it might sound, I just... I want people to see me like that. I want to see myself like that.

The Struggle [Keen]Feb 22, 2023 6:35:46 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Power

The Kunoichi let's out a low soft chuckle as she shakes her head, "Truthfully if you'd told me you wanted to be Kage for some noble high browed goal I would have called you an idiot." She admits not unkindly. "Because at the end of the day being a Kage is all about wanting power. Maybe you want the power to force the change you wish to see on the world." Azarea murmurs glancing down upon their village once so isolationist now a haven of refugees and various clans that Riku had wrought with his own hands.

"Maybe you want the power to protect your family," She adds glancing towards the distant light of the Kage tower where Kizuki no doubt still sat working away at her desk.

"Or maybe you just want the power to be recognized." The red head murmurs as her gaze shifts towards Daisuke.

"But it all comes down to power in the end." She states with a note of finality. "Nothing wrong with power of course. It's a tool like any other and depends on how you use it. Once you have recognition then what?" Azarea questions curious of where the man would go from there. When you are on top of the world would he be content or would he seek to challenge heaven?

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
The Struggle [Keen]Mar 1, 2023 12:42:14 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

There was much truth to Azarea's words, and he could easily relate with what she had said. Power was an easy chase, he thought. Anyone who played their game wanted it, whether they would admit it or not. His mind once more went to Shigure, who he imagined as the ideal shinobi. Strong, determined, kind, humble, a leader...

'Even you,' he thought to himself, 'With righteous cause and conviction. Even you seek power.'

The sage took a draw of his cigarette, holding in the smoke for a moment, before it exhumed from him. Daisuke let out a laugh at Azarea's follow-up, though. His gaze turning to her with soft but pained eyes.

"Honestly,” he started, taking another puff of smoke into his lungs. "I don't think I've gotten that far.” He admitted with another small chuckle. "Part of me thinks I'm never going to reach those goals, you know. But I can't listen. There was something Shigure said to me once, and lately, I can't stop thinking about it.

Daisuke took a drink from his flask, tapping the ash from his cigarette as he recalled the words.

"No matter what, you just keep going. Not out of desire for good, or evil... But just because you think you can. And because you can... You have to.” Daisuke took the last drag of his cigarette before he'd drop it, snuffing it out against the ground.

"I wanna ask you, Azarea. And be honest with me. What is it that you are searching for?” Daisuke paused a moment, his gaze turning up to the sky as tiny drops of rain began to mist down over the two of them, shortly followed by a loud boom of thunder off in the distance.

The Struggle [Keen]Mar 1, 2023 13:13:02 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

A Place In The Sun

Azarea kicks out her legs letting them swing as she leans back lifting her face to bare herself to the rain a savage joyful smile lighting up her features. "You're asking the wrong question Daisuke." She teases turning her head just slightly to look at him from beneath her lashes her grin sharp and gaze full of mischief like the glinting eyes of a crow tugging at a wolf's tail.

"Everyone's searching for power including me," The Kunoichi quips, "What you should be asking is why am I searching." Azarea corrects as she puts out her cigarette and stashes it in her pocket so as to not be ruined by the rain.

"And for the why... I want to be recognized just like you. I don't want to live my life in the dark even if it's something I was born too. I'm searching for power to claw myself out a place beneath the sun so I can bask in the light and dance in the rain." She murmurs her smile gentling into something softer and sweeter. "I want to give back to this village that took me in when no where else would and force those who once discarded me to stare up upon my face from atop the tower of my own achievements and for those who look up to me to see that what I have made of myself they can make of themselves too." A dream both selfish and noble. Realistic perhaps even in it's practicality.

"I want to be Jounin Hancho."

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
The Struggle [Keen]Mar 2, 2023 9:30:43 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

It was an admirable goal, certainly one Daisuke could relate to. Jounin Hancho was an envious title for many, and Kumogakure had gone without anyone officially holding the title for some time. Admittedly, he himself had hoped to take the role when the time came, waiting out Kizumi before he could take on her mantle. But, if that was his friends true end goal, perhaps he'd need to find another way to attain the leadership he desired.

"You'd be good at that. You don't take shit.” Daisuke said, taking a few steps past the crimson haired woman, his toes curling against the earth beneath them, enjoing the feeling of the rain against his bare skin.

Daisuke took in a sharp breath, his gaze turning to his hands, soon clenching into fists and gently releasing their built tension. He thought for a moment, his thoughts moving from all they had talked about into a way he could make all of this more productive for himself. Sure, it did feel slightly relieving to simply be able to get all of his thoughts out to someone he had formed a fair amount of trust with, but that wasn't all he needed right now. No, if he was truly going to reach his goals, he needed help, and he'd never get it if he never asked.

The chuunin's gaze turned to Azarea, his brow tightening as he fumbled slightly over his words. "Azarea, I-... Have a, favor. To ask.” He never was very good at reaching out, even when he needed it most. "Genjutsu, I know, takes a great deal of focus and concentration. I've never been great at that. Kaede and Don'yokuna have tried to teach me to clear my mind, to keep focus and get in tune with everything around me, but... I have this, this... Block.

The Struggle [Keen]Mar 2, 2023 12:40:36 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Rain

"Thank you that means a lot coming from you Daisuke," Azarea murmured surprised, but honest in her pleasure at his compliment as she gives him a lopsided grin. Above them the mist slowly turns to rain as in the distance they can see the curtain of the full downpour racing over the mountains. Its beautiful and terrifying lit up by the dancing lightning. Nature at it's rawest most pure essence.

With the rumbling thunder Azarea nearly misses Daisuke's request. The red head blinking in surprise. Her mind turning over just what the sage apprentice was requesting, what he needed. "All right," She agrees voice just barely audible over the rain. "I can do that." Meditation had always been something that had come easy for her, but as a woman who excelled at mental arts it made a certain amount of sense.

Rising to her feet the Kunoichi circles to stand in front of Daisuke, "Don't panic." Azarea murmurs as she holds up the seal and Daisuke's world goes dark. The blackness absolute deeper then the darkest velvet as his sight is robbed from him, but not his other senses.

"Breath slowly. In and out," She instructs her hands coming to rest lightly on Daisuke's shoulders warming him with the contact between his slowly soaking clothing and her thin leather gloves as she steadies him. "Don't focus so hard on trying to empty your mind. Instead smell the petrichor as the water soaks into the earth. The feel of the rain against your skin. The taste of static in the air and the squelch of mud beneath your feet." Azarea coaxes voice a calm slow serenade like a siren leading him into the water.

"Let the thunder rumble through your bones and the wind howl in your blood. Don't try to think. Just let yourself be." She murmurs slowly releasing his shoulders as she takes a step back.

"It is enough in this moment to just exist."

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
NAME: Kokuangyo no Jutsu [Bringer of Darkness Technique]
OWNERS: -- | --
TRAINED: -- | --
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Low cont.]
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
TRIGGER: 1 Handseal
DESCRIPTION:

This technique exerts a hallucinatory effect upon the eyesight, effectively blinding the opponent. No matter how skilled an opponent may be, they are forced to wait helpless in this world of darkness, as this technique allows the user to attack unseen [unable to kai]. Although it negates sight, it does not stop the other senses. It should be noted that this technique, unlike some other genjutsu can no be broken through with doujutsu. Due to the nature of the technique in which it prevents the brain from registering data transmitted from the eye, it makes the previously mentioned doujutsu useless.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 326 |
The Struggle [Keen]Mar 2, 2023 16:56:18 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull

Daisuke took in a sharp breath, feeling his mind alreay spike at just the thought of trying to keep himself clear and calm. It was an abnormal feeling for him, in most situations. He was so accustomed to chaos in his mind, and in his heart. He felt the thrill of battle in his field work, the shackles of his emotions in his idle time, and as Kizumi's assistant, there was always a feeling of tension no matter what he was working on for her.

He would do as Azarea said, though, his breath slowing, inhale and exhale beginning to match in time before everything around him went dark. With the loss of sight like this, Daisuke had no reason to keep his eyes open, and he continued to simply do his best to follow the kunoichi's instructions. He trusted her, for what it was worth, which for Daisuke said a lot about their relationship, despite not spending vast amounts of time together.

As she said, he allowed the world around him to be felt, much more than acknowledged. He struggled with that. His mind had always told him that his feelings were fact, regardless of what truth he knew, and it would more often than not force him to think he needed to push away his feelings rather than become in tune with them.

With his sight gone, Daisuke allowed his body to rely on his other senses and simply be in the moment. Azarea's touch against his shoulder, the rain's soft pitter patter agains his hair and skin. He felt the softness of the earth between his toes, and the sound of thunder booming around them to allow him to become one with its strength.

He tried to focus on truly feeling the world around him, as Don'yokuna had said, and for one of the first times he could recall, he could feel the world beginning to tug at his being. It was natural chakra, he was sure. The same overwhelming force that the alpha wolf flooded his body with the last time they met, only now he was pulling it to him, rather than having it jolted into him from the wolf's bite.

A slight blue hue began to cover Daisuke's body, but there was still chaos within him, and as the natural energy began to surge in his body, his mode could not clear the fog and maintain balance. He winced, as if experiencing pain, before the stone pendent around his neck began to glow, siphoning out all of what energy he gathered.

The young sage grunted, angry, confused as to why he couldn't just simply control himself, but the vision in his mind would flash with the sight of his companions blood. Kota's blood. His spirit bond, wounded, and he could not shake the feeling that he shared in Kota's pain.

Tears began to well in the corners of his eyes, though they likely remained hidden from the downpour of rain.

"I nearly got him killed, Azarea.” Daisuke said, his voice shaking as his hand navigated to the puncture wound against his left shoulder, still healing in time. "Kota could have died because of my foolishness.