Bunk Check [Azarea]

compose a reply
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 15, 2022 18:18:16 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Wrong Questions, Right Answers

"Ah girlfriend then," Azarea quipped nodding sagely her smile teasing, "I jest of course. Significant others are too much trouble at your age anyway. Boys are especially dumb and girls don't want the hassle. Give it a few years and I'm sure things will settle and you'll find someone." She assures Miroru with a soft chuckle as she finishes the girl's other foot before proffering the red set of nailpolish and a hand to the Konoha genin in exchange to get her own nails done. "Your friend sounds quite nice. You said she graduated to genin before you. Has she made chuunin then with the last exams?"

"As for the secret it's nothing so terrible. Though it may change how you view your Sensei." Azarea explained allowing herself to relax back against the pillows with a soft hum. "And perhaps your village, but I know there are individuals working to actively fix the wrongs wrought in the world much like Shigure-san." She murmured heart heavy with the thought of the Hyuuga Heir.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 0:07:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 235 | notes
"Nah," Miroru murmured, blushing. "I don't think I could ask anyone out. All things considered, I know eventually older people want to like... take clothes off and stuff and that would force some uncomfortable conversations about stuff they're not expecting. You know..?" She'd mentioned earlier about lacking the bits to have a full-blown period, so that probably tracked. "Plus- yeah! So much trouble! Things looked super awkward with you and Hyuuga-sensei. I don't think I'd survive anything that awkward! My heart would just stop from sheer cringe! URK! BLEH. There goes Miroru!"

"Made Chuunin? Nope! She's here, though! It looks like we'll make Chuunin together, if everything works out right! And that's not all!"
Miroru chirped excitedly. "A bunch of people from my village are here! Like. Um. Koshin is in! And Uriko! Plus Yakitsukeru-chan and Tokaku-chan! Tokaku-chan is my cousin!" She paused a moment and rubbed her chin. "I think she's related to Hatake-sama, too, come to think of it."

Miroru was quiet at the answer, then said softly, "It is better to be aware of misdoings than to benefit from the ignorance of them." She lifted her head and nodded firmly, bracing herself for the truth. "Tell me what you can, Azarea-chan."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 1 | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Oct 16, 2022 0:16:07 GMT -5
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 1:00:04 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Fairytales & Nightmares

"Partner's aren't so bad in the grand scheme of things. One does not need to date to care for another after all. My old friend Tsuki was always considered a ladies man, but truth be told that was all rumors. He really just never understood touchy feely stuff and preferred just dogpiling and cuddling. Shigure is just awkward because he's from a very strict clan that doesn't really allow for healthy expression." Azarea explained her voice patient and her lips quirked into a small sad smile at the thought of the Hyuuga. He promised to find her again. She was terrified he might not live to keep that promise.

"And it's good you and your friend, and cousin, can enter the chuunin exams together. Hopefully none of you will have to fight one another." She mused with a soft hum though as Miroru makes her choice the girl can see a glint of pride in Azarea's eyes that the other genin is brave enough to face the unpleasant reality over a false patriotic dream.

"I am a Kumogakure no Sato Shinobi and I call Kaminari no Kuni my home, but I was not born to such a land. Originally I was born in Hi no Kuni in a village known as Konohagakure no Sato to one of their noble clans." Azarea explains her voice soft, steady, and terribly detached as if she was relaying a fairytale to an eager child rather then recounting her own tragedy.

"There were suspicions in regards to my birth, but given the head of the clan had no other heir I was declared as such. I played with the other clan children my age, but was not well liked by most due to my clan shunning me. In fact your Sensei was one of the few I was close with as a child. Eventually another heir was born and the clock started ticking down on my life. Unbeknownst to me fearing the clan would soon have me suffer a terrible accident my Mother started a coup. Her efforts though were discovered before she could put her plan into action. She and all those involved were quietly killed as traitors per the clan law, but given I had been outside the village and not a part of the attempt directly there were questions in regards to my involvement." The woman recounts eyes distant and unfocused her gaze directed towards some point in the distance.

"The first time I met Hatake-san was when he apprehended me at the gates when I was returning with my team. He proceeded to torture and interrogate me before determining I was unaware of the coup before handing me off to face 'clan justice' overseen by the Hokage. I was poisoned within an inch of my life, had my vows to the village revoked, handed over to and sworn over to Kumo as part of the exchange of Konoha supporting Kumogakure no Sato, and sent weakened to the point I could barely use chakra to die in plague ridden lands out of sight and out of mind under the guise of an 'exchange." She lists of the events cold and utterly detached. Those early days ones of fever sweats and nightmares. She'd been afraid of Riku back then, but through the hallucinations and terrors he'd never left her until slowly she'd grown comforted by the terrifying bird masked man's presence.

"The second time I met Hatake-san he arrived unaware of whom I was to interrogate me as a foreign allied shinobi actively working in Hi no Kuni. The conversation did not go well." And that is perhaps an understatement as Azarea attempts to crack a smile for Miroru, but the expression is a hollow and bitter thing.

"Our third encounter was no less pleasant as he revealed that he'd known of the trouble brewing within the clans and of me and the situation I was placed in even before the coup, but his duty superseded such things. Which is... unfortunate given he is my biological Father." Azarea murmurs allowing her words to hang in the air like a Sword of Damocles. For if Konoha and the Councilor had been willing to sacrifice his own flesh and blood... what horrors would a simple tool face? Yet now... without the henge and without the secrets the resemblance is obvious. Azarea's red mane might distract most from their similarities, but her face was a female mirror of Toshizou's. Same nose. Same mouth. Same fangs. Same high sharp cheek bones. A resting expression of cold and terrible beauty.

And the same sharp, uncanny, scarlet eyes.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 2:22:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 533 | notes
"Oh. I have a bunch of those, then!" Miroru chirped happily. "That's the Justice Scouts! Ichi-kun, Itsuki-kun, Tenko-kun, and Hiroro-chan! We're all super close, and we dogpile and cuddle all the time! At least, when we're not training and learning, we've done that together for years, and this is- this is kind of the first time I've... really been away from them," Miroru realized. "I've been on mission before, but it was never very long. Coming out here for the exams, preparing here... it's the longest I'll have been without them."

She blinked at Azarea's comment, and leaned in, grabbing her hands. "Don't worry. He's okay. Well. Not okay. He's in the hospital. But he made it! Which means he beat his dad, and he helped all his relatives!" She squeezes Azarea's hands, and nods firmly. "I knew he'd be okay. I tested him myself. I was a little worried, cuz I landed a hit for the first time, but he still had me super beat!" That was- a very positive spin on a very stressful encounter, but she's trying very hard to help Azarea relax and cheer up.

Then, though, it was story time, and Miroru started in with the scarlet polish to work on her nails while she spoke.

They didn't get very far before the first exclamation.

"You're from MY village?! How come we never met?! We coulda been friends a long time ago..!"

The word "suspicions" made Miroru frown, unsure what that meant, and frowned at the idea of her clan shunning her. "That's not right. Family is important. Why would your family shun you..? You're smart and talented, shinobi kids like you are normally adored..!"

Ticking down? Miroru's frown deepened with worry.

And the mention of a clan coup? Especially one to protect a child from murderous machinations? Miroru's face went pale. The idea of a family infighting with itself like that was absolutely horrifying- at least with Shigure, it'd been a one on one duel, not a civil war.

Every word seemed to hammer shock and horror deeper into Miroru's chest, her face dead white and her eyes like saucers. Interrogated by HATAKE-SAMA? Tortured?! OVerseen by- BY THE HOKAGE?!

"But- but they KNEW you weren't a part of it! That's not justice at all! That's... that's VENGEANCE! How could Hatake-sama ALLOW that?! How could the HOKAGE?! Who was Hokage then!?"

But then.

The word father.

For a split second, Miroru's eyes flicker between unspeakable horror and unmitigated rage. There- and gone as she collapses inwards, hands buried in her hair, folded in half as she starts to hyperventilate, eyes squeezed shut as she dives inwards to try to ride out the unbearable rush of emotions without losing her grip on... everything.

It takes a few moments.

And Miroru seems just short of catatonic for the duration.

But she comes out of it. In control- if barely.

"-t's... wrong."
"That's... so wrong."
"I'm so sorry."
"I'm -so sorry, Azarea-chan. How can you bear to look at us..?"

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 3:01:12 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

The Hand That Feeds

"Some days," She admits, "Are harder then others."

Slowly Azarea draws in a ragged breath quietly centering her lest her hive grow too loud with her rioting emotions. Calm. She needed calm. The woman focusing on the slow in and out of her lungs as lessens her chakra to a lazy spin through her coils easing her own rapidly beating heart. "You and I both know that though the Hokage rules over Konoha it is the clans who back them that are the real power. Truthfully I don't blame the Hokage. They could have turned a blind eye and I would have simply disappeared. Forcing the clan to spare my life even if it meant I might due to the poison spend out the rest of my days crippled was a mercy in it's own way." She assures Miroru her voice quiet and firm though there is a bitter sadness to her eyes. Perhaps had another clan stepped forward to claim her she would have simply been exiled from her home and not her village.

But there had been no one to speak for her. Her Mother Dead. Her Uncle executed. Her Sensei a branch clan Hyuuga had undoubtedly tried and found himself tortured to death because of it. The guilt of his death weighing heavy on Azarea's shoulder's. "Truthfully I hate Konoha, but Konoha is not it's people and it's people are not Konoha. For that in and of itself is everything wrong with the village. It is built on a system that rewards those with connections over those with capabilities. A system that allows those who are inconvenient to slip through the cracks or suffer unfortunate 'accidents." Azarea explains voice patient, but there is an underlying hardened steel to her words.

"It is a something I will spend every day of my life fighting against allowing to take root in Kumogakure no Sato." For such is her promise of a lifetime. A promise to the land that took her in, nursed her, cared for her, when no one else would when they themselves had barely anything to give.

"But you need to understand Miroru I do not hate the people of Konoha. Unlike my former clan I do not believe in unjustly punishing those for the crimes they have not committed or for crimes they have yet to commit. One day I will avenge myself with my own hands and in my own time against those who have directly harmed me. So you needn't worry Miroru-chan," She murmurs offering the girl a warm bright smile her eyes going half closed and an almost sisterly fondness to her words.

"I might have Hatake blood, but I'm not such a mad dog as to bite the hands that feed me."

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 4:35:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
"I know, but I don't understand..! If you don't hate the Hokage, and you don't hate the people, what is there to hate..?" She was so lost, so tangled in fighting her own emotions trying to boil up and over, it was hard to put words together. "I understand hating the people that did this to you. That's fair. And they should get what they deserve! That's justice! But-"

She explained more, and Miroru nodded, and listened. "Well... well, then why don't we do what Shigure-sensei did..?" She asked quietly. "Why don't we change things? If we try, those who would stop it will make themselves obvious, and- and we'll fight them. To free the people from everything broken and rotten."

Miroru went quiet for a moment, and then said in a tiny voice, "... so nobody gets left behind because they didn't have the right family.

And nobody gets chosen for important things... just because they did."

She fidgeted, smiling awkwardly, just a little, as Azarea reassured her. "I wasn't worried. Not about you being mean." A moment or two of quiet. "Do you know... why your father... an outsider... was brought in to interrogate you over a clan matter..? Why he agreed to do it..? I don't... I don't get that at all..."

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 14:38:04 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Loyalty

"Change requires power Miroru. Shigure can change things because he is strong and as the heir of the Hyuuga he has power. I have neither strength nor power, but one day I will." Azarea explains as she reaches out to ruffle the girl's hair with a smile, "And one day you will too. When that day comes we'll begin to change things." She assures the other girl with an encouraging smile and this time the gesture actually reaches those scarlet eyes.

"The Chuunin exams are the first step. I'm sorry that even now I'm keeping things fairly quiet, but if I make it into the finals I'll be finally revealing myself publicly to my old clan. If not... well I'll make my name through my work." She quips though at Miroru's question Azarea cannot quite help a grimace. Her eyes darting towards the windows as if looking for something... or someone...

"The Hokage has many shadows at his disposal and Hatake-san's shadow stretches quite far and wide." Azarea murmurs unable to speak too plainly though her hope was Miroru would catch onto her words. "Hatake-san's loyalty to the village has always been absolute. At the time I am sure he felt the village needed him more then I did."

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 18:57:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 361 | notes

"Strength and power." Miroru considered that quietly. "Maybe I can get that power. I'm not the head, but. I could be someday, maybe. Or lend my strength to whoever is, if they're of the right mind to work towards a better Konoha." The ruffle to her hair, as ever, lit up her eyes and drew a smile. "Yeah. I'll have lots of strength and power! Sooner than anyone thinks!" She smiles back. Red-eyed redhead to red-eyed redhead.

"Oh, pssh. Ninjas have secrets. You don't hafta apologize for bein' tactical, Onee-chan," Miroru said, trying the word out. She didn't know if she'd like it, or if Azarea would, but she'd shared a lot. She felt like that deserved some recognition and affection. "I'll do my best to make sure you get that chance. I dunno what it'll look like, exactly, but. I think that chance will mean more to you than a spot in the finals will to anybody else. Even me!"

The little redhead shivered to think about that expansive network. "He says he can see anywhere. He knew Shigure-sensei almost figured out my secret once. He was pretty mad about that. But then, he always seems pretty mad."

She's quiet a moment. "I hope... I hope he's loyal to the reality of Konoha and not just the broken idea of it. Then all we'd need to do to is make sure things would be better for Konoha if they changed, and he might even help us make those changes. If not..." She shudders. "I don't know. I feel like maybe if we could make those changes for the better, he might not feel so utterly necessary. And maybe he'd take responsibility for his actions." She clearly wasn't discounting Azarea's deserved justice. Just like with Shigure, she was trying to find the path that might lead to a resolution. Maybe even to forgiveness- without denying the necessity of the changes that had to happen.

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 19:58:50 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Siblings

'Onee-chan,' Azarea had always wondered what it would be like to be called that. Her expression going soft at how Miroru lights up at the little bit of praise. Seeing some of the girl's fire returning does her good even as such a title leaves Azarea's gut twisting with age old pain. Memories dark and bloody as they were precious brought to the forefront of her mind. She'd never been allowed to hold her little brother, but when she'd woken up to the sound of his crying Azarea had instinctively known it was him. Big sisters were supposed to protect their siblings and she was a big sister now. So she'd snuck without hesitation out of bed, padding on feet as quiet as a cat to her little baby brothers room and pushed open the door to slip inside. He'd been so tiny then, the powdery strange scent that clung to all babies lingering on his skin. His mouth open and waling little red tufts of hair three shades darker then hers and her mothers already fuzzy on the top of his head as she'd reached through the bars. Her brother's cries going quiet as her caught her finger in his fists blinking in confusion his hand so small that even with her tiny ones his fingers barely wrapped about her pinky. As the boy had blinking up at her with big dark eyes just like her 'Father's.'

"Hi!" She'd whispered, "I'm Azarea and I'm your big sist~"

She'd never gotten to finish her greeting. Her fascination with her new sibling and lack of skills as a fledgeling shinobi combining to spell her demise as she'd failed to pick up on Hiroshi's presence as the man had entered the room. The Aburame clan head not even bothering with their hijutsu as he brought his arm and hand down in a ferocious back hand right upside Azarea's head. Sending the girl flying, her arm snapping from where it had been caught between the bars as she was thrown against the wall with a sickening thud. Azare's vision going in and out of blackness as the stunned girl just laid there seeing stars, but that hadn't been the end of Hiroshi's fury.

"How. Dare. You. Touch. My. Son." Each word sharp and vitriolic punctuated with a hard kick as Azarea instictively tried to curl in on herself to protect her head. In too much shock to even cry though her baby brother had taken to wailing at the top of his lungs once more.

"You don't have siblings! Least of of my Son!" Hiroshi had snarled. The babies cries all that had truly saved her with her Mother still unconscious from giving birth the noise had managed to alert her Uncle who had strained and struggled to pull the clan head off of her before he killed her in his fit of rage. The next morning when she woke up in the clan doctor's office she was informed that she would be moving into her Uncle's house.

It had been the worst beating Azarea had ever received in her life.

"I... Yes." She snapped out of the memory realizing she had disassociated as she forced a smile and tries to recall what Miroru had said. "You're right. If we could win Hatake-san over I am certain we could make a lot of progress. I think as a fellow Konoha shinobi you have a better chance of learning whether he is loyal to the people or to Konoha's system then an outsider like me." Azarea adds forcing herself to focus.

Outsider. Always an Outsider. The word made her heart feel bitter.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 17, 2022 2:50:12 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 504 | notes
The forced smile didn't make it very far before Miroru clocked it, and frowned quietly. Azarea kept pressing on, though, so she did her best to stay engaged at the point where Azarea was. "Mhm. I don't- think it'll ever be so simple as winning him. He seems the sort with steeled convictions. If we want his support- and it may not be possible to obtain- we would need to hope the changes we intended would be understandable as a qualifiable improvement for Konoha itself, however he happens to define that. So there's three outcomes. Either he is determined to support the institution itself, and does not believe the changes we seek will improve the institution's standing, in which case there will be no way to work with him, which I hope is not the case; or he supports the institution, but the changes we want still strike him as beneficial; or he supports the reality of the village, and he sees the benefit of what we propose." She paused and then admitted, "Or, possibly, he supports the village and sees flaws in our proposal that we don't, and he doesn't support it. But I think if that was the case, we'd have recognized the flaws in the idea and discarded it beforehand. Don't you..?" Miroru asked quietly. "I think if we found ourselves in the latter situation, once the flaws were exposed, he would be amenable to finding improvements that really did work for the village. So really... there's only a problem if it's truly the monolith he's devoted to."

Miroru went quiet for a few. She seriously didn't know. She suspected he probably wasn't just locked into the monolithic idea of Konoha. He worked- specifically- to break her down and keep her under constant assault in much the way the fox did. She didn't know if he could be any other way though. Was he being supportive the best way he knew how? Or accidentally succeeding simply because he was an asshole in the same way the fox was?

"I will try to find out. Shigure-sensei will provide an excellent talking point, after all. I think I can get his feelings regarding shifting clan power structures and find out what he really values if we talk a while."

The redhead frowned hard at those last words.

"Onee-chan.

You are not an outsider.

You are outcast.

There is a difference."

She moves to sit hip to hip with the other girl. "An outsider is a state of being. It is something you are. Intrinsically. But outcast... being outcast is a thing that is done to you. It does not change who you are. It does not change that you are part of my village's family. It just means that some people have decided to treat you otherwise.

That is their mistake. Not yours."

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 17, 2022 10:43:50 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Outcast

"An outsider and an outcast are not so different. The definition changes depending on who you ask, but one day I'll set it to rights." Azarea assures Miroru as the woman draws in a slow breath centering her senses. She can feel the worried humm of her hive, the distant murmur of the crowds outside, the fiber of the carpet beneath her feet. These things help her feel more real. Rather then detached and half drowning in a past that still haunts her nightmares.

"I believe Hatake-san will support Shigure's change in regards to the Hyuuga, but I do not know whether that will be out of his belief in the change or due to guilt," On that she says no more. She may hate the man, but even she wasn't cruel enough to hang his private grief out for the world to see.

"Clanborn shinobi need to be Konoha shinobi first, members of their clan second, but that will require the clans releasing some of their hold and power over their members. It will be a hard fought battle for such a thing. Many clans derive their power from obedience and clandestine teachings. It will not be a quick change, but one that can be wrought with time." Azarea murmurs as she lets herself lean back against the bed her eyes closed.

"Kindly do not tell Shinde or Tokaku about me. I am certain that if they want to know they will learn of me, but my association with the Hatake clan so far has only brought me pain."

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 17, 2022 22:49:10 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 224 | notes
"They present the same. But it is not the same," Miroru mumbled, already determined to include Azarea in her view of the village, no matter how many politically minded assholes decided otherwise. "And- that's good. It's- hopeful. Maybe things won't be as awful as we think." Miroru settled next to Azarea as she worked to anchor herself, speaking quietly. "It's so hard to think that something like "can we please not assassinate children for political leverage" is... a debate that needs to be had."

She listens intently as Azarea shares what she thinks about the necessary changes. "I think even Hatake-sama would agree with that statement. I wish-" Miroru falls quiet for a moment.

"I wish we could have come to that before you went through all that."

She perked up at the request and nodded, assuredly. "No problem. I know you're looking to make a splash at the finals- I won't steel your thunder!" She waggled her eyebrows. "Get it? Thunder? Eh? EH? Cuz you're a CLOOOOOOOUD ninja?!" She snickered and leaned her head back, eyes closed, too, chuckling with smug, unrepentant self satisfaction.

"Ahhhh~ gotta love it. I'm a comedy genius~"

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 18, 2022 1:41:42 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Pretty

"Uh-huh. You truly are a comedy genius Miroru-chan, but careful your jokes don't go up in smoke," Azarea quips allowing the girl to settle against her lap as she reaches out to casually flick Miroru's bangs right into the girl's face. "Come on we've got some nails to finish and even if we have no one to look pretty for we can look pretty for ourselves." She teases as she picks up the white nail polish once more and begins working on the Uchiha's fingernails.

"So the academy ever replace those old training poles or are kids stilling falling off them whenever they snap and some Senju just comes along and patches them?" Azarea inquires with a fond quirk of her lips as she waits for Miroru to figure out that with Azarea growing up in Konoha it meant she grew up with Shigure. Which meant the Kumo red head had all the childhood stories.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 18:59:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 230 | notes
"AHH! Cuz the Land of Fire! HA!" Miroru chirps triumphantly, delighted and amused. "Yeah we do! I'll get back to your nails after! I'm sorry for derailing the conversation, Onee-chan. Back to spa night!" The redhead murmurs as she scoots back into place for Azarea to pick back up where they left off. "No one to look pretty for, huh?" Miroru teased. "That's not the impression I got. I thought Shigure managed to jilt you a bit back when we met on the border! Was the dog double-dipping? Or- double-DATING, perhaps?" Miroru prodded with a gentle tease. "I've never seen him so flustered, so I got the impression he was rather taken! Not that I can blame him, red eyes and hair IS the best combination possible~" She chirps.

"You know, I'm pretty sure they're the same ones. I think the risk of an unpredictable break is meant to help keep us aware that we can't rely entirely on what we think the environment is capable of. Sometimes we'll be wrong, you know? That's my take!" A thought seemed to occur to her. "Wait, I forgot! You grew up there! WITH Shigure-sensei! What was he like in the academy?!"

MISSIONS
Bunk Check [Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 20:17:47 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Fond Memories

As the girls return to their spa night Azarea smiles listening to Miroru ramble about the training poles something nostalgic and as warm as it was painful filling her chest to hear that they're still there. Her smile faltering a bit as the girl asks about the Hyuuga and her relationship. "Shigure-san is engaged. He forgot to mention that during our time together and it was something that occurred after I had left Konoha. So I was... surprised." Yes surprised is perhaps the best word. Gentler then heartbroken though the knowledge the pairing had been forced on him eases her fears just a touch.

"Hatake-san and others have informed me that Shigure-san will survive, but we both agreed that while he intends to end his political engagement that right now it's too dangerous for us to be together and..." Azarea trailed off her throat tightening with emotion heart heavy with pain, "He would accept me, but right now his clan never would. Until I make a name for myself they'll never recognize our relationship and though I know Shigure would... I know he'd fight them for me, but I don't want him too. He loves his clan." She explained her words a bit stilted, but honest.

"It's not a good situation right now." The woman explained as she finished up Miroru's first hand intent on completeing the girl's nails and then trading off so Miroru could do hers once the polish dried.

"As for what he was like back then..." Her smile softens and she can see even to this day her friend as he was as a child. Short brown hair always falling into large pale eyes as he looked out at the world with shyness and wonder. Always clinging to her sleeve in a mix of enthusiastic and scared like he could face what the world threw at him just so long as he could keep hold of her hand. "Well... he was a bit like a little brown bunny. Incredibly cute, but he'd jump at the slightest thing at times. He didn't really grow bolder until his little sister was born. Then he grew brave to protect her, but before then whenever one of his clan members would tell a scary tale he'd bury his face between my shoulder blades and hide his head under my hair if he was scared or embarrassed."

She chuckles at the memory shaking her head fondly, "Usually the main branch pick their brides when they're young you know? It's... kinda horrible. No real different then picking a puppy since the kids don't know any better. I remember Shigure's Father coming to grab him to choose and he wouldn't let go of my sleeve so... I guess the man thought it'd be a cruel jipe to bring me along and have my friend choose the woman he was going to be with for the rest of his life right in front of me. Urashi was kinda fucked up like that, but Shigure balked at the sight of all those little girl's and turned and hugged me screaming "I don't want anyone, but Aza-chan!" at the top of his lungs and wailing. It's the only time I'd ever seen him throw a fit in front of his Father. He was a very well behaved kid well... except when he was with me. I got him into a lot of trouble. We both got our bottoms blacked for that little fiasco, but I couldn't really bring myself to be mad about it."

Justu Goes Here

流人

quick reply

compose a reply