compose a reply
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Dec 30, 2022 7:44:03 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki was equal parts nervous and excited as he waited at the village gate for Miroru to appear. This was his first official mission out of the village, and he wasn't really sure what to expect from it. At the very least he was going to be going with his very best friend, so he was confident that together they would be able to do what needed to be done.

The mission was fairly straight forward, head to Minato Jichitai and deal with people who were disrupting fishing out on the sea. His first mission was to go and take out pirates... go figure. He wasn't quite sure why it was that such a task was given to the two Genin, especially as his first mission, but he supposed that they were considered skilled enough to complete the task. How that was determined he wasn't entirely certain, since a lot of his skills had been kept under wraps thus far, but oh well.

Fiddling with the pack on his back, Itsuki activated Kagura's Mind Eye mostly to keep himself occupied, scanning through the various chakra signatures within his range as he kept a metaphorical eye out for Miroru. He was a little early, as nerves had really kicked in, but he figured she was likely to show up early as well, their habit of trying to beat one another to a location for pranking purposes lent itself well to arriving early elsewhere in their lives.

Still.... just to be sure, he kept a close 'watch' on his surroundings as he looked for his friend, determined not to get pranked right before they departed on a mission.

Word Count: 276
Tags:
Mission: 1/15

Eleri has written 409 posts
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 6, 2023 0:52:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 202 | notes
There she was!

The bright spark of Miroru-flavored dense chakra moving off in the underbrush to Itsuki's right. She was sneaky, of course, but no match for Kagura's Mind's Eye. Itsuki had no trouble tracking her. He could even tell it wasn't a clone. Too much chakra for that. She was crouched over, working on some sort of bundle. What kind of trouble could that b-

chmp

A tiny mouth closed on his ankle through his clothing. Not hard or sharp enough to cause damage. From just to the other side, both from his left, came a familiar, small female voice.
"Tag."

A glance would reveal the tiny, chakra-free little Bakenokawa, one releasing his ankle, another proudly declaring their sneaky little victory. Of no consequence, of course, but still! Shots fired, Itsuki-kun!

Before much longer, Miroru came trotting over, yelling ahead, "Did they get you?!" Her tone was excited, both for the prank's possible success, and for the chance to go on her first mission with one of the Justice Scouts! "Or did you catch them sneaking up on you from the other direction in the underbrush?! Come on, don't tell me he got you guys!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 7, 2023 7:09:20 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki was able to feel the inferno that was Miroru moving through the plants off the path, sneaking along without a care in the world. Which.... made zero sense considering she knew that he could sense her, always, and over a vast distance if he was looking for her, which she knew that he would be. That meant she was up to something else. A sweep of the area pointed out no Miroru flavoured clones, or suspicious feelings except for a vague feeling...

No regular sensor would have the skill to pick it up, and even those who had learned the Kagura's Mind Eye would have difficulty unless they had spent time around the tricky little creatures. It wasn't really sensing them, not with his abilities at least, instead it was noticing the very slight, practically imperceptible ripples that moved through the world. Like tracking a mote of dust, or one of those weird eye floater thingies that people sometimes got.

Focusing very carefully, Itsuki's hand shot out to grab a small, squirrel-sized fox at almost the exact same time he felt a tiny mouth clamp down on his ankle. Holding one of the Bakenokawa by its scruff, he looked down to see a second one locked on to him. Aww crapbaskets, he hadn't been paying close enough attention to notice the second one.

"We got each other, so I guess it's a tie," he declared, holding up his 'victim' while staring down at the one attached to his leg. "You all ready to go and kick some bandit butt?" he asked as he looked her over, seeing if there was any differences between what they had brought for the mission. 

After all, it was pretty important to make sure they had everything they needed.

Word Count: 295
Tags:
Mission: 3/15

Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 12, 2023 11:06:06 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 253 | notes
Miroru chuckled to herself as she noted Itsuki watching her without issue, feigning unawareness of his... uh, awareness. She was getting better at recognizing and leveraging the unique qualities she was burdened with, and knowing she stood out to sensors was something she could take advantage of, especially since she had friends with the opposite trait to take advanta-

"EHHHHHHH?!?! You caught them?! But- MY PLAN!" Miroru whined, shocked and dismayed. "Is it not enough to be a big bonfire of chakra?! Grrr..." Miroru frowned, scowling as she considered. "Maybe I can... I dunno. I gotta think about this. That was a good plan, I think, but unless I can actively interfere and leave you in a bit of a haze or something... I don't think I can rely on you missing anything in particular..."

A tie, though. She can accept that, and Miroru nods, calming down. "Okay. That's not so bad. I can accept a tie with the dastardly Itsi-kun."

"Bandit? These are seafaring bandits, friend. Us in the business call them... PIRATES."

As for stuff being brought... Miroru was always prepared for all sorts of things. She was laden with tricks and traps and survival gear, neatly packed onto or into her backpack and easily dropped at the first sign of trouble.

"I'm ready to head out if you are!"

MISSIONS
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 21, 2023 5:58:59 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki shook his head fondly at Miroru's complaining, "I don't know about other sensors, but Hatake-sama made sure I never focused too hard on one chakra signature just in case I missed another. These summons though... I don't think it's something that a regular sensor could do, or even one like me who hadn't spent time around them. They're really hard to sense..." at this he looked down at the one on his leg, lifting said limb up until the tiny fox was dangling in the air, hopefully dislodging itself sooner rather than later.

"I was taught there were people who could sorta jam sensors with enough chakra," he added, face screwed up in thought, "I think you basically fill the surrounding area with so much chakra that it becomes fuzzy... like a chakra fog or something. You need lots and lots of chakra to do it, but everything in that radius sorta blurs together. If anyone could do it though, It'd be you." He didn't say anything about Miroru's furry little friend, but with the fox and her own naturally large reserves he was pretty sure that she wouldn't have too much trouble with such a skill.

"If you're ready, lets go before Obaasama finds out I managed to get a mission out of the village, think she might have kittens," he said with a slight grin before turning to walk out the gate, the thought of Miroru not walking beside him never even crossing his mind. Soon they would be out on the road and heading for Port City, ready to take on pirates. "We live in a forest and my first mission outside the village is to deal with some pirates, who woulda guessed?"

It wasn't too hard to find their way to the port, travelling unbothered along the road, and then travelling by boat down the river with a sense of adventure in his heart and no little joy at being able to go out with his bestest friend, Itsuki found their trip almost like a small camping trip or something. Of course the most exciting part was yet to come, and as they came up upon the city of Minato Jichitai, Hi no Kuni's greatest port, spread out in front of them.

"Ne, Mi-chi, have you been here before?" he asked as he took in the sight, not even quite sure who they were meant to talk to, or what to expect when they got there. It was all so new.

Word Count: 417
Tags:
Mission: 5/15

Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 22, 2023 21:21:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes

"Hatake-sama is... um." Miroru cleared her throat, giggling. "Thought, if nothing else!" That was one way to put it! "Of course we are. It is what permits us to move and function as we do. Were we simply bundles of blatantly notable chakra, we would never get anything done!" Spoke the little fox on the ground. The other one just sort of squeaked into his sock before letting go as the limb lifted.

"Wait, that would work? Would it cloud everyone's ability to pick us up? Like a big ol' chakra smokescreen? That sounds super useful... though... hrm. It's also a dead giveaway that SOMETHING is over there, just not WHAT. Hm. Might not ALWAYS be useful, huh..."

"Kittens? Nah, she's so old she'd have *TIGERS*."

"I actually have!" Miroru spent her time on the river with or next to Itsuki, horsing around for excuses to touch him and keep him nearby, without actively seeming like she was watching out for him. They were the same rank, and he was far from helpless, but she felt a responsibility to use the power she had to everyone's good, and that included her friends. "I had a mission with Wahei to take on a pirate group here, too! I guess they maybe got back together!"

MISSIONS
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Jan 28, 2023 0:04:45 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

The trip was mostly uneventful, though it seemed that Miroru kept prodding him to take the lead in their interactions with others. Getting passage to the Port, fending off questions from travellers, she seemed to fall back and prod him into it. It was probably to try and get him experience in such things, but there was always that moment of anxiety that he was going to mess up. She kept close though, which was nice, but he still felt a bit out of his depths at points despite everything.

"I dunno who Wahei is," he responded as he looked from the bay to the mission scroll and back, trying to figure out where their contact was. Miroru had met so very many different people in her brief time graduating before he arrived, it was kinda weird to be so out of the loop. Stepping into the port, Itsuki tried not to look like he was surprised by pretty much everything around him, but he was definitely trying to take everything in. He'd rarely gotten to leave Konoha before after all, and so this was very much a new experience for the young Yamanaka.

"Maybe they reformed, or could be new pirates. I bet there's always people who're ready and willing to fill that role," he said as they walked through the port towards the dock, taking in the salty scent in the air of the seawater.  Down at the docks, it didn't take too long for him to spot the boat that the mission was directing them to.

Knowing that Miroru was going to poke him to go ahead and meet with the captain of the boat, he sighed slightly and headed down towards the dock. He could feel a single chakra signature within the cabin of the boat, moving around a bit but otherwise not doing much. "Excuse me, sir, we're shinobi from Konoha and according to the information we were given, your boat is the one we're meant to take in order to complete it." There, nice, calm, and professional, just like they taught at the academy.

There was a banging and a crash from within, before a large figure emerged from darker section of the ship, blearily looking in the direction of the two Genin.

"What? I ain't being paid to transport shrimp. You both look like you're still in diapers, go back to your mamas and leave me be," the man declared, sniffing slightly before spitting over the rail of the ship and into the water, "I ain't takin a couple kids to get killed by pirates, so you can just trot along." 

Word Count: 438
Tags:
Mission: 7/15

Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Feb 8, 2023 11:03:55 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 280 | notes

"Oh, Wahei is another of the villagers. He's- uhhhh, working at the hospital?" Miroru tried to recall and offer the details. "And... yeah, you're probably right, which is frustrating. You'd think eventually enough bad guys would get trounced that the rest would quit out of self-preservation, but it never seems to work that way, does it? Is making dirty money that appealing??"

She sincerely had no idea!

Their reception, though, was less than stellar, and prodded at Miroru's ego just a bit. "Ahaha... ha. Funny! I like an employer with a sense of humor! See, thing is," she stated, disappearing as lightning streaked across his deck, leaving Miroru peering off the deck towards the water. "-I've been assigned to this job before! So you're not taking just ANY shrimps, you're taking shrimps that've done this work before and come out on top. So the real question is what's it gonna take for you to believe us? I could run a few laps around the ship on the water's surface, or turn into a whale, or be in four places at once or- I mean, I could throw lightning at something, but I don't see anything that needs lightning'd. And that's just SOME of the stuff I can do. Want us to go into my companion's tricks as well? Or could we agree to trust the higher rank shinobi that assigned us to this task and believe they wouldn't send you subpar support?"

MISSIONS
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Feb 24, 2023 22:24:18 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

The man stared bluntly at Miroru as she seemingly reappeared on his boat, a deeply unimpressed look on his face. "That kinda cockiness gets people killed shrimp," he said, sighing slightly as he looked from one Genin to the next, "somethin' tells me you ain't gonna just vanish because I told you, fine, whatever. If you die I'm gonna tell your corpses I told you so." 

Rolling his eyes at the duo, he made his way to the back of the ship and began to fiddle with some of the ropes, gesturing with a grunt for Itsuki to get in as well.

"Little grouchy there Mi-chi,"
he murmured as he approached his bestest friend, "does that happen much?"

"Casting off, hope you brats don't get seasick," the captain grouched as he finished preparations, the sail of the ship sliding up the mast and locking into place, wind filling it and pushing the boat forward as they began to glide out of the harbour, heading off into the blue waters in search of the pirates that were their target. 

"Get yourselves into the cabin, don't want them to see two wannabe ninja and spook em off."

It was hard to keep track of time stuck in the ship's cabin, but Itsuki had his sensory skill extended as far as he could so it became obvious to him when another ship came into his range. Perking up from where he had flopped against Miroru, the boy focused carefully trying to sample the emotions he was feeling from the sailors. Hostile, greedy, violent. And coming towards them.

"About twenty people heading right for us Mi-chi, pretty sure they're pirates," he said quietly, looking in the direction of the chakra signatures he could feel.

Word Count: 291
Tags:
Mission: 9/15
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Feb 24, 2023 23:56:08 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 224 | notes
Miroru frowned at the response. "It's not being cocky, you expressed distrust in our capability so I was explaining our capability. I just wanted to help reassure you we could handle the work, not brag or impress you. I apologize if I gave off that impression." She offers a bow, frustrated but polite all the same.

She glanced to Itsuki as he came close, and she shook her head. "No, it just- this isn't the first time I've taken this job, and this IS the first time anyone's just been like "who sent me a bunch of dumb kids." So it was just... frustrating," she admits.

"Don't you worry, sir! We'll be alright!"
The redhead called over as the captain warned them about seasickness. Then they were ordered into the cabin as wannabes and it was all she could do to bite her tongue and do as instructed.

Miroru sat, leaned into Itsuki, in silence as they waited, trusting Itsuki or the captain would alert her when there was something worth being alerted to. She sat up as he spoke quietly, peering in the direction he was, and nodding. "One ship? Or multiple?"

MISSIONS
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Feb 25, 2023 6:44:23 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Trying to focus on the signatures he felt, Itsuki tried to separate them out a little to answer Miroru's question. "Ano... I think three, maybe four? There's at least two small ones I think, because they're sorta further away from the group and moving at different rates, three people on one, two on the other. The other fifteen are all sorta clumped together, but in kinda a weird pattern" he said, green eyes half closed and facing the direction of what he was sensing.

Getting to his feet he opened the cabin door and called out, "Captain-san, coming from our left and to the back! About 2 kilometers away, is that them?" He knew the man was grumpy, but since he was risking his boat and his life on this mission he figured the older male wasn't going to cause them too much grief now, beyond verbal.

There was a slight pause before the man called back "Yeah brat, that looks like them. Guess the rumour I spread worked, hope you two are all you're claiming! You got about fifteen minutes to prepare before they reach us, longer if I turn into the wind, less if I pretend to have a problem."

"Hai!"

Stepping back into the cabin, Itsuki turned to look at Miroru, "ten to fifteen minutes is an awfully long time to prep Mi-chi, any thoughts?" he asked, a slight smirk forming on his face as he considered their options.

As their time began to tick down, the pirate ships would be getting closer and closer, two fast and sleek ships racing ahead while a much larger vessel trailed between them, the catamaran's intimidating shape meant to evoke fear in their prey.

The poor pirates didn't know what they were in for.

Word Count: 296
Tags:
Mission: 11/15
last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Feb 25, 2023 6:45:04 GMT -5
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Feb 25, 2023 20:39:26 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 410 | notes
"Ten to fifteen whopping minutes... man, we are -spoiled- this time. Alright. Here's the plan..."

The time passed, and for the pirates there was no sign of anything to be concerned of. The two ships at the lead had caught up with the fleeing merchant vessel and secured the ship to their own vessels to allow them to board and accost the captain, apparently alone on the ship. The larger catamaran moved closer, starting to close the distance. Everything seemed to be going according to plan.

And then the Fire Nation attacked.

Above the catamaran, a small, common bird exploded into smoke, purposefully positioned between the ship and the sun to hide her appearance as she blazed briefly with chakra that Itsuki would recognize as not her own. It was- well, it could only be the Old Fox's, and while the flare was brief, its benefits were exponential.

Miroru's clever, fast hands blazed through a single handseal to collect a tremendous amount of Raiton in her throat, and then spat a bolt of frenetic lightning down towards the catamaran- only to duplicate on the way down, scattering into a hail of devastating, supercharged lightning spears that rained down onto the catamaran and blasted craters through the deck at the base of each mast, crippling the ship in an instant as Miroru dropped out of the sky, her cloak fading as she splashed into the water in the foam churned by the ship's now slowing movement.

And on the ship? Itsuki was free to devise whatever cleverness he wanted while a nasty diversion came from the captain's quarters to ensure he had all the leeway he needed, and that the captain wouldn't come to any harm.

https://i.imgur.com/ABODR81.jpg

"Gentlemen. Welcome to your bushido education. Your first lesson..." The samurai fox said calmly as he drew his blade without concern for being outnumbered five to one. "- will be humility."

Summoned Seiji in the cabin to support Itsuki and the captain, then used True Henge to turn into a bird, hid use of kyuubi basic cloak by reverting mid-air behind the ship with the sun behind her, and utilized a duplicated, 2x boosted Gian Raiton technique to blast and cripple the catamaran and likely drop several of those on board.

MISSIONS
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Mar 4, 2023 2:02:22 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki's preparations were relatively simple, a few wire triplines and one line positioned directly at neck height for your average man near the doorway to the open cabin. Beyond that, he simply sat in seiza in the cabin, eyes half closed as he focused on sensing the movements of the pirates as they came closer and closer to the ship that they were on. "Seiji-san, could you just stay here as support right now? Just in case?" he asked the fox summon, having a plan in mind.

As the two smaller ships came alongside their heavier merchant vessel, the Captain readied a short broad bladed sword resembling a machete as the pirates climbed aboard, clearly able to defend himself but also not willing to engage the men in combat. The pirates were already jeering, their own weapons readied to cause trouble, and they were eyeing the captain with condescending grins as they started to advance towards his place on the stern, intent on doing harm.

It was at this point that Itsuki stepped out of the cabine, an expression of innocent curiousity on his face, "Captain-san, why have we stopped..." he began before blinking at the five pirates just a few steps away from him, "oh!" he exclaimed, putting as much fear into the word as he could before scurriying back inside. One of the pirates chased after him with a cry, only to trip on the wire at shin height and collapse forward, his throat catching on the second wire as he fell, his life ending before he even realised what had happened to him.

The sound of the man's body hitting the floor and the spray of blood drew the attention of his companions who had been advancing on the captain, the four pirates turning towards the entry to the ship's cabin.

Itsuki simply palmed some shuriken and waited with a placid expression on his face, unheeding the blood that had hit him with the first pirate's demise, Seiji standing beside him with menace in his stance. The flare of burning chakra in the distance told him that in moments Miroru would begin her own assault.

Out over the ocean, Miroru's appearance went unnoticed, the pirates focused entirely on their prize and unheeding of the presence of a tiny bird floating high above them. The first sign of trouble was the blazing light of a spear of electricity shooting down from the sky, blasting holes in five locations across the large catamaran. With tremendous creaking, each mast listed to the side and began to collapse, men shouting and screaming as the rigging tore out of place and lashed across the deck to strike at tender flesh while splinters of wood shot out like shrapnel. A final groaning snapping sound and the main mast collapsed into the ocean, dragging the other four a good distance and serving almost like a sea anchor to bring the large vessel to a grinding halt.

Those pirates that were still standing shouted out to one another, scanning the horizon to see what had caused such damage to their vessel. A number had grabbed crossbows and were trailing their weapons across the water line, seeking some form of danger, while others had drawn swords, spears, and even a couple of more exotic looking weapons as they prepared for some form of attack.

Word Count: 559
Tags:
Mission: 13/15

Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Mar 4, 2023 4:01:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 390 | notes
For a long moment, there wasn't any activity around or beneath the boat. Just the pirates, worrying over nothing. But Miroru couldn't hold her breath forever, and didn't intend to. She wasn't some Suiton-trained scubanoichi. What she did have was a particular set of jutsu. Jutsu that she had acquired over a very short career. Jutsu that made her a nightmare for people like them. If they'd let this ship go, that would have been the end of it. She wouldn't have went to them, she wouldn't have attacked them, but since they didn't... she had gone to them. She had attacked them. And she would wreck them.

The pirates still on the catamaran started screaming, one by one, only to cut off with a splash. One after another, dragged off the crippled ship- by their ankles, by tentacles slithering out of the water from between the prongs of the ship, snatching ten men in seconds and dragging them into the depths. Below, they'd have a moment to observe the impossiblity of the giant squid that was dragging them to the bottom- but not long.

Their air wouldn't hold out for long at all, being squeezed like that.

"As you wish, young one. I await your signal." Seiji stepped aside out of sight for the moment and waited, hand on his hilt, ready to act as needed.

The four pirates left on board stared at the body- or more, at the rolling mass that could only be their comrade's head. "What... the... did the KID do that?! He looked like NINE! The FUCK," spat one, astonished and furious. He started forwards heedlessly, only to get grabbed on the shoulder by another. "Dumbass, LOOK." He gestured to the segment of the wire left bloody by its gory job, clueing them in to spot the others and swat them down with heavy blades. "Fucking kid, you think you're funny?! Wait til we fucking get IN there with-" Seiji stepped into sight, between them and Itsuki, and the fury drained from their voices. "Ohhhhhhh fuck. That ain't- that's- *is that kid a fucking SHINOBI?!"

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Mar 4, 2023 4:16:28 GMT -5
Cutting The Lines | C Rank (Miroru)Mar 4, 2023 4:57:56 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

"Aww.. I really hoped to get more than one of you~"
Itsuki called out from the cabin, emerging from the gloom to stand next to Seiji, his hands folded in his his sleeves as he looked from one man to the next, a cheerful and smiling look on his face that would have been adorable were it not for the bloodstains that covered his front.

"Oh well, you're kinda already standing still enough for me I suppose," he added, disappearing from sight the moment that he was past his tripwire, six shuriken flying through the air moments later as he aimed for the backs of necks and hoped to take the pirates out quickly and without too much difficulty. That said, he'd had to focus three on each man considering the situation, he wasn't sure he could get a good kill shot with a single shuriken per pirate. That meant that even if he succeeded, there were two left.

Flipping through a series of Handseals, the Yamanaka sent a pulse of chakra out to the largest of the remaining pirates, striking at him with Shinranshin no Jutsu in oder to try and gain control of the pirate's body. If successfull, he'd simply have the man turn and slice open the other pirate before embedding his own blade in his neck. A relatively swift solution to the problem. Of course, if any of the shuriken struck pirates survived, the brainwashed man would deal with them first.

Over on the large Catamaran people were panicking, shooting crossbow bolts wildly at the tentacles that grabbed at them and pulled them under, trying to hack at the ones that grabbed their companions, but honestly, they didn't stand much of a chance. 

To top it all off, their fancy ship with its intimidating appearance was beginning to list rather heavily, one of the lightning strikes having put a hole in the hull that was rapidly filling with water. There were only a few survivors so far, and survival was not looking good for them right now.

Word Count: 342
Tags:
Mission: 15/15

Jutsu Used
NAME: Subakage-ryū: Shunpo [New Shadow Style: Flash Steps]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low-High
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: N/A
REQUIREMENT: Subakage-ryū: Hohō [New Shadow Style: Step Method]
DESCRIPTION:

Within the Step Method's branching techniques, the Flash Steps is the most refined for pure velocity and acceleration in one, linear direction. From the point of origin until the shinobi stops, they are able to move at an incredible pace, practically vanishing from sight. However, this is an incredibly taxing method of movement, and if used to move too far it can stress the body. It cannot reach the speed granted by Body Flicker, but it is not quite as devastating on the user. Traveling beyond fifteen meters with one step will cause great stress to the body. It still has a high chakra cost, but the muscle strain will immobilize the shinobi for one round as their body recovers. It is possible to utilize multiple flash steps back to back, but cost must be paid individually.

1-5m (Low)

6-10m (Medium)

11-15m (High)

NAME: Shinranshin no Jutsu [Mind Body Disturbance Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu

ELEMENT: --

DESCRIPTION:

A ninjutsu where one sends their chakra into the subject's nervous system, thus gaining complete control of the target's body. The enemies this technique is cast upon are completely under the user's control, as their bodies become disconnected from their will. The difference between this and the Mind Body Switch Technique is that the caster doesn't project their consciousness into the enemies' bodies. Situations of numerical superiority for the adversary are precisely where this technique, which freely manipulates human beings, will display its efficiency, by getting the enemies to turn on one another. Control can be exerted even from long distances.