Starting Anew [Private]

compose a reply
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 25, 2023 17:58:22 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG - &&

NOTES - reference thread: Tag Me Back In?
The hot springs country was a place of solace and peace. Shiina loved this place, not only because of its abundance of hot springs, but for the mere fact that it was entire country dedicated to tourism. Every ryokan, bathhouse, geisha house was always providing the utmost in terms of hospitality, something that she rarely saw in
any other country. The woman found herself sitting in a room in Aozora ryokan. It had been a few days after she had met one of the most interesting of people, Muramasa Uemon, and interesting was perhaps an understatement. As she liked to put it, he was like an onion that needed a lot of peeling to get to its core. And it was probably worth the mention that during their somewhat brief encounter, they had learned a lot about each other, more than she had intended and expected to learn. Now, as she sat in a Japanese-styled room at the one ryokan which took her in despite her poor financial state.

She had renounced her services to her geisha house, after all...

Having left the house behind, Shiina found herself traveling alone yet again. The time she had shared with Muramasa had been pleasant, to say the least, but good things must come to an end, at some point. They had parted ways, him vaguely speaking of having to return somewhere to help a friend, and she, having nowhere to return to, would simply be traveling. They had agreed that with her stature and skill, she could find another geisha house to train under, and the prospects were endless in terms of tea ceremony and alcohol studies, two hobbies she much enjoyed. However, she had decided to take some time to herself, to go back to the Land of Hot Springs, where it all began. Her journey had led her to meet some of the most interesting and special of people, but all this activity and adventure was finally taking a toll on her.

And of course, as fate would have it, the owner of Aozora ryokan would happily assist her in her quest to find tranquility and relaxation.

The woman heaved a sigh as a knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. It slid open, revealing one of the ryokan staff. In her hand held an envelope, and she handed it to Shiina before quietly retreating. The woman studied the envelope, studied the handwriting, which had neatly printed her name; and it was her geisha name. She knew immediately who it was from, her hands worked intricately to open the envelope to reveal its contents while not destroying the exterior as best as she could. She was a big fan of keeping things that were given to her in mint condition, including envelopes, wrapping paper and everything in between. It was her way of showing respect to the giver. Her eyes read from right to left, top to bottom, and she was at best mystified at what was written.

It didn't seem like Muramasa at all to be writing in this manner, which led her to believe that he was either in a situation where he couldn't be absolutely upfront, or that something was hindering the true intent of the letter. She read it three times over, trying to see if she could read between the lines. And when she was certain that there was no hidden meaning, she proceeded to walk towards her writing desk in her room, pulling out ink and brush, as she returned a letter, slightly more direct than what he had written to her.

It detailed where she was and for how long, inviting him to join her. She indicated that it was the same ryokan they had first met, sealing it with her inkan, or stamp, that had her geisha name on it. Although she was confused, the woman at least that if anything, they would be able to meet again, and it would be a meeting so close from their last. Taking a sip of her hot tea, Shiina wondered about him, wondered what it was he wanted to talk about, and why he was being so mysterious. No matter, she knew that patience was a virtue, and for him, she was definitely willing to be patient.

The letter would find itself to the po box he indicated in his letter, another mystery she would have to unravel at a later time.
MADE BY MIZO

last edit by Ryuujin Shiina on Jan 25, 2023 18:00:38 GMT -5
Nue has written 269 posts
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 25, 2023 18:44:00 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

With everything set and ready the young Okadan was off to settle her next prospect she’d thought about everything she needed to do in order to get this stranger to work with her, but since she couldn’t get her to follow things just based off of her own personal vendetta she’d need to turn up the charm and do it the way her mother would have. Muramasa seemingly came along and Jou was already a fan but this woman was a different beast entirely she wasn’t sure how to feel about her but she knew she needed her. So she had make her see how enticing it was to work with the Okada hopefully having Muramasa tag along for the ride was going to be enough to turn the tide in her favor.

As she woke up that morning she’d play something on her radio an old record consisting of music that was played when wrestlers would come to the ring the one that she had played on this particular morning was called "The Diamond.” a song that would normally accompany her mother to the ring she was using it as inspiration trying to channel her inner business woman. It was a big day for her, her uncle’s future could be on the line but also so was her own personal pride and reputation. She was bringing some on her own recommendation not anyone that her family had verified she had hoped the trouble was worth it.

But right now was an even greater struggle she stood in her room looking over outfits blazers she’d bought, she had stayed up the night before with her mother and Uemon deciding what she was going to wear she needed to make sure she gave off just the right vibe to impress this client since she was not only representing the Okada but herself. "Man I didn’t this’d be dis hard…” eventually the girl would figure just what it was she was trying to wear.

After a good few hours of thinking on it the girl would decide on something that was rather a mixture of business-like and casual she’d wear a set of slacks that were rather relaxed dark in color with a white blouse that was layered inside of a vest with an orange power tie. She’d look herself over in the mirror. "Alright you got dis…” shortly after the girl would pack her portable cassette player and her hat listening to some music to hype herself as she made her way down the hall.

As she made her way down the hall she’d be stopped by her mother’s office knocking on the door. "Momma! It’s me.” after a moment her mother would open the door to greet her. "My, my you look so strapping, I’d of prefer you wore a skirt…but you are who you are.” Taki would let out a small smile as she made her way into her office. "Everything you’re going to need is enclosed inside of this briefcase, I’ve looked it all over and outlined everything within it.” Taki would take the briefcase it was small but the gravity of it felt rather heavy in her hands. "Thanks Momma.” the girl would say she didn’t think she’d be doing something like this for at least another 2 years but now was as good of a time to start as ever.

"And Taki…!” the girl had prepared to exit from the office and make her way towards the door before her mother handed her something a small Box, opening it inside had business cards that had her picture on them as well as her role in the company. "Taki Okada, Talent Scout.” she had always held business cards before but they only ever had her mother and father’s name and while she was always apart of the company in some small respect as a performer there was something about the business executive side that held a great deal of weight to her, atop the small case was a pin that had the clan’s crest attached to it that was meant to go on her clothing something of a big deal only members of the Okada faculty wore these and while she had been training in this area for some time, with the success of her first prospect she had earned the right to wear it.

To her such a moment was akin to getting a headband to a shinobi. "Remember you are representing us as a business now, be on your best behavior, and remember to remove your hat when indoors, I know I’m your boss but I’m also your mother.” the woman had turned away from her child the last time she cried like this was after her hospitalization at the end of the chunin exams as well as on her first mission. "I’m proud of you, regardless of the outcome now go.” the girl would fasten the pin to the outside of her blazer before bowing to her mother something she rarely does. "I’ll be back wit a new prospect bafore ya know it!” the girl would say and as she made her way down the steps with her briefcase in tow she’d stow her headphones into the pocket of her blazer and meet with Muramasa at the entrance who was more than likely already there. "Well…Huey what’tdya think? How do I look?” the girl would say there was a confidence in her voice but also a genuine not of wanting truly wanting to know his genuine opinion.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

915 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Jan 25, 2023 18:46:15 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 25, 2023 23:03:39 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 19 years old birthday July 21st rank B-Rank occupation Swordsmith
Masamune fudo?

As Uemon looked over the letter he had received back a smirk nearly came to his face.

He read it again, just to make sure he was seeing things right. "Back to the ryokan..." Where he and 'Ran' first crossed paths. He thought back to that evening. A night of intrigue and a small measure of revenge. Of curiosity. But also the beginning of an unexpected acquaintance. Uemon nodded to himself before gently folding up the paper and placing it in his drawer. He wondered... how had she been? Safe he hoped. And well on her way to finding out what she would do now that her contract with the okiya was over with. Soon he would find out.

Part of him felt bad for being so vague in his correspondence. But certain things could not be trusted to mail. "Better safe than sorry." He thought to himself as he donned a pale blue yukata and patterned haori of a slightly lighter shade. Looking in a nearby mirror he ran a hand through his hair and practiced a big facetious smile before sighing after only a few seconds. Shaking his head at the idea. It looked as if a certain pompous swordsmith character was going to be making a return... at least in front of others there. "I hate acting." A grumpy look crossed his face. At least he wasn't the worst at it, he supposed.

As Taki approached his eyes widened slightly at her clothes. She asked his opinion on the outfit. "You look sharp." He said with a half smirk. "Don't think I've ever seen you in anything other than a leotard or gym clothes." It was somehow fitting. For the life of him he couldn't imagine her in a dress or anything more girly... but he didn't doubt she could pull those off either. He gestured to the road with his head, adjusting his bandaged gear over his shoulder as they set out. Taki calling him Huey reminded him of something and he pinched his nose and sighed before explaining. "By the way... the people at the ryokan we're heading to know me as Masamune Fudo." Even as his hand fell from his face an agitated expression remained. "An annoying character I made up... for security reasons." Couldn't exactly go around using his family name in a place samurai frequented. Aside from that his past visit had been bloody. The last thing he needed was something being traced back to him. Or worse, people he cared about.

Glancing over to the girl he noted the pin on her jacket. She looked the part of an Okada scout alright. "Thought of what you're going to say?" He would ask, curious as to her strategy. Though his time spent with Ran offered him a good deal of insight into the woman, he still wasn't quite sure if she would go for it. Like him, she hardly did anything without good reason. Taki would need a silver tongue if she hoped to persuade her. It was at least worth a try, he figured.
Yenga has written 624 posts
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 8:50:55 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG - &&

Meanwhile, in the hot springs country, Shiina sat in her room, looking out the window. The sun was setting, the skies were a beautiful pink and purple. She loved watching the sunset, recalling the dream of drinking coffee and watching the sunset she had talked about with Muramasa the last time they met. She began to ponder what it was that was so mysterious to which he couldn't speak freely, although her shinobi instincts--those lodged within--told her that it was probably a good idea that he kept it as mysterious as possible. Another knock on the door sounded and the owner of the ryokan came into the room, with some medicine and a glass of water. "Ran-san, are you alright?" The owner had discovered by chance that she had an illness, an illness which was not easily cured and had taken it upon herself to nurse the woman until it was time for her to leave the ryokan once again.

"I'm alright...just thinking..." her voice was low as she turned to face the elderly woman, thanking her once again for being as kind as she was. She would forever be grateful for all those who worked here, for their hospitality and care, even if it was technically part of their job. Shiina took one of the pills and drank the glass of water. Admittedly she had been slacking off on taking her painkillers regularly, perhaps further aggravating an already easily aggravated problem. "I would like to borrow your tea ceremony room, if you would allow me..." Her mind once more went to the promise she had made to Muramasa, the promise of serving him tea as the host, and he as the guest.

"Of course. We do not allow guests to use our tea rooms, but you may do as you please." A small smile adorned the older woman's lips. As Ran, Shiina was a renowned geisha, her skills lay specifically in tea and in instrumental music. She had practiced for many years to achieve her level of skill and somewhat prided on this fact. If there was one thing to be proud of with this new identity, it was the fact that she had developed a new skill. She would spend the next few hours preparing for the tea ceremony, preparing the tea bowls, whisks, spoons and green tea powder. It had been awhile since she had been the host for a formal cermony, and a part of her was actually nervous.

"When Masamune-san arrives, please take him to the small tea house to the back of the ryokan." The woman would instruct one of the workers as she prepared for his eventual arrival.
MADE BY MIZO

Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 9:45:34 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The boy would call her style of attire sharp, just what she needed to hear. "Heh, almost wish I had a camera, hope you’re ready to play bodyguard, c’mon we’re riding in style today.” as the girl would make her way through the streets she’d look towards her pin feeling a sense of pride from having it attached to her. Whilst they were walking he’d ask if he knew what she was going to say, it was no easy task but she did do some rehearsals with her mother and aunt on how to handle these kinds of situations while they were outlining the contract she was putting together. "Yeah I got some idea…if she’s really going from place to place, but can hold her own like you say I figa’d giving her a place to stay offer her a contract like yours, but significantly more limited on appearances wit a better pay out.” as they made their way through the streets a carriage would attempt to brush past the two of them prompting Taki’s eyebrow to raise only for her to smack the side of the carriage. "I’m walkin ere!” the girl would shout, a slight scowl on her face, but she wouldn’t let it break her composure too much looking towards Uemon and raising up her briefcase.

"But as I was sayin it’s a "special attraction contract.” she’d then lower it back down as they made their way closer to the edge of the city passing by all of the landmarks they’d seen on their first time coming into the city. "Ideally, I’d want a ta come back wit us and maybe give her a tour o da facilities really make her feel special and see just how she fights, but something tells me dat ain’t gonna happen.” the girl was getting a great deal of special treatment a bit more than Uemon had gotten when he initially signed and in his case they actually knew who he was. This however was a bit more strategic and she may have over hyped her to a slight degree, hopefully it wouldn’t be to her detriment.

"So let’s hope I can pull out all da charms.” as the two of them made their way towards the end of the city there would be a carriage waiting for the two of them it’d be some time before they got to their destination and Taki couldn’t afford to look haggard when meeting a client and surprisingly had shinobi security hired for the journey despite her being able to handle herself, something Uemon might find somewhat surprising. The shinobi in question would open the door for her as she entered inside and extended her hand out to Uemon to let him inside.

"Told ya we were riding in style.” the ride would be a bit more luxurious than normal the girl attempting to convey her status just in how she showed up. As she took a seat and they began to move she’d remove her vape from out of her pocket debating whether or not she should take a hit despite everything she conveyed there were still some jitters the vape was the easiest way to take the edge off but instead she put it away opting to steel herself on the ride over.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

543 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Jan 26, 2023 9:47:27 GMT -5
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 16:50:05 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune fudo

Listening, he tilted his head back and forth slightly at her bodyguard suggestion.

It would have been fine if the people there didn't already know his face. "I'm just a pretentious swordsmith to them. Business associates is probably a better cover." As far as anyone at the ryokan knew he was a weakling and a flirt. If he presented as a bodyguard it might raise a few eyebrows. Plus with her attire and briefcase it was a decent enough story. His brow furrowed again at the thought. "I really hate acting." As they walked Taki dished a little on her pitch. He nodded silently as he paid attention, thinking of Shiina and trying to imagine how she'd react. In light of her contract being voided it certainly freed her up to take up another if she wished... but would she? "Room and board is fine... what about that other thing, though?" He asked, looking to the girl for a moment. "If you decide to bring her in on it, that is." Money he knew she could make other ways. The impression he had of her told him that she didn't do anything without good reason. And that was a big ask. Something else caught his ear though and as they walked he quipped. "Better payout, huh?" A questioning glance shot towards Taki, mostly jokingly.

What was he? Chopped liver from the sound of it.

Taki mentioned potentially bringing her back to view the gym and testing her mettle. "Always with the fighting." He thought with a smirk. But of course all of this was assuming she agreed in the first place. A tall order for sure. "Charm away." Uemon would say, placing his bandaged luggage in the back before accepting her hand to step up into the carriage. He took his seat for the ride. Security accompanied them along the way, something he did not expect. The Okada definitely had the means for that sort of thing and Taki was a bit of a big shot. "Hm..." It was easy to forget sometimes the clout her family had. He wondered what his own relatives would say if they could see him now. Eari would have choice words, no doubt.

Going into his yukata the swordsmith retrieved a slender black kiseru pipe filled with finely shredded kizami and a small book of matches. Striking a match against the side he lit the pipe, taking a few long drags before exhaling. "Mhm." He vocalized, looking around the carriage. "Stylish for sure." Shifting his eyes to the girl he noticed her looking a little tense. Even fidgeting with her smoking device a bit. Raising an eyebrow he offered the pipe to her. "Want?" The pipe she would likely recognize from his bedside table. It wasn't often that he indulged, but today was different. "I don't smoke much, but Fudo does." Committing to the bit was important. Even if he couldn't stand said fiction. Whether she accepted or not he would cross his legs and lean back, closing his eyes and sighing deeply. Mentally prepping himself for parading around as a Masamune. Again"Arrogant, self-assured." Uemon reminded himself with a slight grimace. Ridiculous.

Right now his grandfather was probably rolling in his grave...
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 18:21:43 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG - &&

The little tea house was located at the back of the ryokan. In the middle of a luscious garden, only guests of the ryokan had exclusive access to this tea house. A stone walkway with small candle-like lights formed a path that took any guest from the world of flowers and placed them into a tranquility unimaginable otherwise. There were two small 'houses' that made up this tea house, one which would be called the mizuya, which was the place where guests awaited the host to come out of the actual tea house to invite them inside. A small house with small chairs and a basin with ever-flowing water, guests were required to take the ladle on the stone basin and rinse their hands and mouth before entering the actual tea house.

Respect for cleanliness was upheld to the highest degree in tea ceremony after all.

Shiina made her way to the tea house, preparing all the materials she needed for this ceremony. From her understanding, she was only expecting Muramasa as her only guest, one of the main reasons why she thought it would be appropriate for the woman to conduct a tea ceremony for him. It was to uphold her promise, but during a tea ceremony, there was to be no bickering, no ill feelings and respect for all parties were the fundamentals. If they were to have a conversation as serious as the vagueness of his letter to her, no place was better than the tea house. There was only one entrance, which required the guest to enter by sliding through the small door carefully, making the ability to hear conversations in the house from the outside quite impossible.

It was perhaps the reason why many preferred tea rooms to speak of delicate matters.

Wearing a light purple and gold silk kimono, Shiina would have preferred her usual black and purple. But it was a rule for all hosts to not wear any dark colors, to break the harmony and balance of the decor of the tea house with sharp color contrasts. All tea rooms were painted a light green, with limited furnishings of cushions on the floor for guests to sit on during the ceremony, a place for the host to prepare the tea, a hanging scroll, some incense and a vase with one single flower. The flower, incense and scroll must be unanimous in theme, tying back to the topic of discussion for the ceremony, and would change depending on the season, the party in question and the conversation.

Nodding to herself, she was prepared and waited for his arrival.
MADE BY MIZO

Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 19:11:38 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl would sit in the carriage that took them to their destination Uemon would offer her a hit of his tobacco pipe, the smell was strong but the need was somewhat potent. "Nah, I don’t want da smell o tobacco on my breath on da way dere.” she’d take a deep breath and try to recall some of the meditation practices that she had gathered as a sage during her time training with the gorilla’s to try and keep her composure it wasn’t a good idea to come off as nervous she could do this she just needed to steel herself for the coming journey. She wasn’t sure what to expect with this woman and didn’t have too much to go off of in regards to her personality so it was all one big gamble. "Associate eh, okay dat works.” the girl would say in response to his remark about not wanting to play the bodyguard.

Before the two had gotten into the carriage he had asked her about what she was going to do in regards to the other issue, as she thought on it for the time being the girl would turn her head to look out at the window as they made their way along the road towards hot springs country. "Well if I want her on my side I gotta get her to give a damn about it, money can’t buy loyalty if I want dat outta her I need to give her a reason to want to help if I can show her dat Okada ain’t bad people den maybe dat might convince her to stand by us.” it might’ve sounded a tad manipulative but it was the strategy she needed to employ as far as Sheena knew Taki was a business woman who she might’ve considered to be a civilian but once she slowly unravels the truth then maybe she’d be more inclined to work with her after giving her a reason to care for them either as an employer or as a friend it didn’t matter how as long as it worked, this mission was paramount but she needed to pull it off.

"Time ain’t exactly on our side, but if I gotta sacrifice time now to save myself some trouble layta den so be it.” it seemed rather crass but you needed that kind of tact in the business world and unlike her other pursuits this wasn’t something she had any qualms over it wasn’t personal it was just business. "But hey thanks for doing this by da way…I’ll make sure she’s taken care of and don’t worry if this goes off without a hitch I’ll see about a re-negotiation in your pay.” she’d say with a smirk. As the two of them would arrive at the local the air in the region smelled of sulfur with all of the bath houses around it was no surprise that, that was the smell. Thankfully it wasn’t so humid she had to worry about her clothes getting dirty.

Their arrival would draw a few eyes as she stepped out of the carriage, a large horse drawn chariot wasn’t exactly something that was subtle especially given where they were this place was a tourist trap and with the way she carried herself hopefully she’d be afforded a modicum of respect due to her perceived wealth. "Stay put guys we’ll be back.”

as she stood around the girl would look back at Uemon. "So where we goin?” the girl would say looking back towards Uemon as he emerged from their large seats, he was the one with the information she was just following his lead. She’d run her hands along her attire making sure she was properly dressed and her clothes weren’t wrinkled taking another deep breath getting out the last of her jitters.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

640 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 26, 2023 23:07:56 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune fudo

Nodding, he brought his pipe to his lips and took another drag.

Tobacco wasn't for everybody. "If we're lucky, we'll have some sake to cover it up." Presumptuous and an enjoyer of pleasures. That was Fudo alright. As they bounced along gently in the carriage he listened to the girl speak, nodding his head as she explained her plan. "Now you're thinking like a strategist." He said, a faint smirk crossing his face. A tactical play indeed... though he did still wonder if it would work. Shiina was her own person. With her own ambitions and desires.

Dark eyes drifted out of the window in thought as he held his pipe in his fingers. Time would tell if her plan would pay off.

At the mention of pay and thanks he waved it off with his free hand. "Don't worry about it." His half smirk still persisted as he watched the passing landscape. "Never been overly concerned with money... I'll make do with the basics." It was the truth. Luxury never suited his traveling ways. In fact he had a disdain for the wealthy. A by-product of his lower-class upbringing surely... but the Okadas were alright in his book. Taki spoke of time running out and he nodded. "Better to plan now then to go off impulse and regret it later." On this they most definitely agreed. He knew first hand how long and tedious planning could be. Had to be careful. Level-headed.

Recklessness was something none of them could afford.

Eventually they arrived at their destination and departed the carriage. "In here." He nodded towards the ryokan with his head, choosing to leave his equipment in the carriage. As long as it wasn't too far he could access his puppets if needed... though he didn't expect trouble. Noticing her nervousness he placed a hand on her shoulders. "You'll do fine." He said, trying to reassure her in his own small way. Before they entered he paused and took a deep breath, running his hands along his face in exasperation. This part was the worst. Showtime.

"Hello, my dear Ayame-san.~" The swordsmith greeted a cute young hostess as he slid the door to the inn open. Her face turned beet red and she nervously nodded. "Masamune-dono... back again so soon?" Completely uncharacteristically for Uemon he actually smiled. Though Taki would know it was forced. A corner of his mouth even twitched a bit as he did. "Simply could not keep away from your wonderful sake... nor you, either." Internally he was screaming. Never knew how much hamminess was enough. "This dashing young woman is a business associate of mine. Lovely, yes?" He introduced Taki, pausing to allow her to speak her own name. Unsure if she wanted to use a pseudonym. "Is Ran-san around?" Removing the zori from his feet near the entrance he watched the hostess abashedly pointed towards one of the back rooms.  Beckoning Taki to follow him over he moved that direction. Once out of view his face instantly returned to its usual sullen expression. But somehow more tired. "Hate doing that..." He muttered to himself as they walked. A private back room sounded lovely.

Sliding the door open his eyes fell upon Shiina. "Ran-san." He greeted her, half of a smile returning. She was a sight for sore eyes in her purple kimono. "How've you been?" It hadn't been that long since they last saw each other a lot could happen in a short time. Noticing the table placements before them and several cushions they entered the room and closed the door behind them. "Find what you wanted to do?" Of course he was referring to one of their previous discussions. Hopefully she had... but at present there were other matters to attend to. "This is a friend of mine... one of the few." He spoke, looking to Taki with his half smile. Once again he'd allow her to introduce herself. Speaking for others was something he tried to not in general. Returning his gaze to Shiina he kept on. "She's why I wanted to meet." The real reason, perhaps. Getting to see her again was certainly a nice addition. "Sorry for the mystery... I know the letter wasn't very clear." Once pleasantries had been exchanged he would stand and wait, watching the proceedings. Anything could happen... and he was curious to see how the two would get on.

Two very different people stood here and it was Taki's turn to speak. A thought dawned on him that made his eyes widen a bit but he buried it. Nothing dramatic was going to break out. Not over him. "I hope not." Gods, did he hope not...
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 27, 2023 9:45:56 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG - &&

The door to the little tea house slid open, revealing Muramasa in his dark blue hakama. He looked as handsome as ever, despite having only parted ways for a few days, it was always nice to see his face again. Although, him calling her Ran was an indication that this was not a normal encounter, further determined by another girl, dressed in an odd suit, emerged beside him. Immediately her expression changed, the smile that adorned her lips was that of a more formal and distant one. Shiina knew that not everyone knew of her relationship with Muramasa, and she guessed that the girl beside him was not one of them. She couldn't help but wonder what sort of relationship the two of them held, but she was in disposition to really inquire. Instead she merely nodded her head and bowed to the girl, her eyes lingered a little longer than the norm on Muramasa. "I am here, that much is all I know, Muramasa-dono..." she had chosen the elevated honorific to symbolize the distance they now shared in the room, not marked by their physical distance of course.

"I see you have brought a friend. I was unsure based on your letter whether this friend of which you spoke of would be traveling with you today. It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Ran." Another bow towards Taki and she would usher them to sit on the cushions. "Please take a seat and wait a moment while I prepare the tea and the snacks. I trust that there will be some lengthy conversations so we might as well have some refreshments while we speak." And another smile would linger on her face as her eyes trailed from Taki to Muramasa. "Muramasa-dono, would you mind following me to the mizuya for a moment? I would love your assistance." She glanced at the blonde haired girl. "Please try to make yourself comfortable, I shall only be a minute." Whether Muramasa chose to stay there or follow her, Shiina made her way to the mizuya, opening the door from which Taki and Muramasa had come in and walked down the stony path to the mizuya, where her tea, utensils and sweets were.

She had chosen a delicate sweet of mochi with orange and red bean filling, the tartness of the orange mixed with the delicate sweetness of the red bean balanced it out. If Muramasa had followed her to the mizuya, she would keep her composure, understanding that there were perhaps things she wasn't a part of that had made this meeting what it was. Although they had crossed boundaries, lines that most people would perhaps not cross, Shiina understood that their relationship remained the same as when they first met, the only difference being that she deeply cared about the man. Very deeply. The trays of sweets and the utensils used for making the tea would be brought back to where Taki was sitting, and before any conversations were to be had, the woman eyed the girl.

"If I may kindly ask of you to take off the suit and change into a kimono..." she started, bringing her utensils to the far end of the room and motioning for Muramasa to sit next to Taki. "It is a rule in tea ceremony that all those who enter must wear traditional garbs as a respect for the place in which we are in." She spoke softly, looking at the suit Taki was wearing. "While I admire your taste in fashion, it is a rule that we as geisha, and people who uphold the craft of tea ceremony, take very seriously." She sat down at the far end of the room, creating some distance between host and guests. "There are kimonos that the ryokan provide specifically for tea ceremony," she added, assuming the blonde haired woman had no change of clothing of her own. "I apologize for the inconvenience."
MADE BY MIZO

Starting Anew [Private]Jan 27, 2023 21:10:41 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two of them would make their way towards where they needed to head, Taki would remember his remark about their being sake. "Eyy, hol up, I’m gonna hafta drink…ain’t nobody tell me dat?” The girl wouldn’t exactly recognize the building but would recall the faint smell of tea, as the two of them made their way inside he’d notice him basically putting an obvious face as he met with a woman who called him "Dono.” Taki remembered that honorific having a significant amount of weight she’d also notice a smile…? He never smiles, clearly he was more familiar with these two then she figured she’d look to the woman feeling a slight thump in her heart but would let the feelings slide for the moment. "And he says he ain't a charmer..." she'd think rolling her eyes somewhat.

However as the darker skin woman emerged he seemed to be much more familiar with her, this must’ve been the woman that they came to see, she didn’t seem like much of a fighter to her and spoke with a very soft voice she had a look with that purple hair that’s for sure but so far she didn’t seem all that impressed but didn’t let it show on her face, the woman would bow to her, much as she would to her. Her mother needed to give her a crash course on how to properly conduct business, she herself preferred a more casual take on things but was told that when it came to business protocols needed to be followed.

"Pleasha to make ya acquantince, I am Taki Okada. I’ve hoid a lot about ya from my associate ere, I represent de Okada Wrestling Alliance in Tsuchi no Kuni.”her accent was thick and apparent and might be jarring to some others who hadn't heard it before after her bow the woman would extend out her hand hoping that she’d shake it. This wasn’t exactly her element but she’d do what she had too and played her part as well as she could if the handshake was accepted she’d find that her grip was firm despite her appearance as a civilian she’d note a surprising amount of heft in her hands.

After her introduction she’d be t informed to change out of her suit and change into a Kimono. "Excuse me…? I wasn’t informed I’d need a change of attiya.” she’d remark as the food was delivered to her she’d look at it she’d never seen anything like this before and as Muramasa sat next to her she’d look over at him, her eyes looking rather confused at the environment she wanted to say something but was completely out of sorts her face looking as if to say. "What the hell is this?” it was brief and potentially hard to spot, but when she was told that there were kimono’s for rent the girl would look back towards her. "Yeah o course.” Taki had never worn one parties in the Okada compound were much more casual people never really had formal attire that they wore she knew how to wear one but despised it.

With that the girl would make her way to the fitting area in area in order to rent one of the many Kimono’s. "Ya got anythin in Orange?” the girl would say as she perused their wares, after getting everything she needed the girl would re-emerge her hair slightly redone and her clothes looking far more traditional. "I really hope dey don’t damage my suit, what da hell is awl a dis anyway?” she’d think to herself, getting those garments together meant a great deal to her but if this was necessary to seal the deal then so be it, beneath the garb she kept her business card cards and pin neatly placed inside her case. "Just gotta make it through…whatever awl a dis is.” once she returned to her seat it was clear she was mentally out of her element but she’d need to stow it even if this was certainly not her thing.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

643 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Jan 27, 2023 21:13:12 GMT -5
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 27, 2023 22:11:09 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune fudo

Shaking his head at Taki's question his half smirk returned.

Drinking was optional. "Of course not, it's a little early anyway." Mentioning sake was just him getting prepared to play his part. A fact which she would clearly see he did not like to do after the exasperated look on his face. Ayame was fine and all... but he hated acting. Dressing in costumes too.

Half a smile persisted as Shiina responded to him. A nod followed her words. "Thanks for making the time." He said, his appreciation truly genuine. Surely she was busy with her own journey and meeting like this was unexpected. Refreshments were mentioned and his presence requested. "Sure." He spoke, glancing to Taki on the way out as he followed. It would be good to bend the woman's ear alone for a moment, though surely they wouldn't have much time. As they made their way outside he spoke. "You look well." A compliment, and an understatement considering her elegant appearance. Thoughts of her illness came to mind but he supposed that was a bit too heavy to delve into at the moment. "She has a proposition." He explained, maintaining his cool as best he could even as his eyes looked her up and down. "I didn't disclose your information so I'll give her the same courtesy... but I appreciate you hearing her out." Intrigue he felt they had both had more than enough of after their experience in the Land of Lightning. Unfortunately the matter was delicate. Vagueness was necessary to protect all parties involved. Something she might understand depending on how this little sit-down went. Or how much Taki chose to dish.

Uemon assisted Shiina with carrying the refreshments and they promptly made their way back inside.

Returning to the private room he would nod towards Taki and resume his role as observer. "Looks good on you." He would say, referring to her orange kimono. Uemon had never seen her dressed traditionally before and it wasn't a bad fit. Truthfully he wasn't expecting a tea ceremony or he would've warned her... it just so happened that 'Masamune Fudo' wore old-fashioned clothing. Like many families in the Land of Iron did. Introductions were had and he took a place on one of the cushions next to Taki. Shiina was the hostess and thus likely sat across. "Now that we're settled..." His voice broke the silence as he looked between the two of them, coming to rest on the Okada. "Taki?" A cue for her to go ahead with her proposal.

Tea ceremonies were a ritual in and of themselves, and despite his background he had never attended one. The Muramasa clan was not wealthy enough, at least in their modern iteration. Respect was essential he knew... but surely Shiina as hostess would help guide them throughout the process.
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 27, 2023 22:53:39 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG - &&

"Pleased to meet you...Taki-san?" The wrestling association? Her eyes met that of Muramasa's very briefly, and in that moment their gazes connected, she tilted her head slightly, thoroughly confused as to why someone who was part of a wrestling association and also from Tsuchi no Kuni would be interested to be acquainted. While Shiina always entertained new acquaintances, she couldn't help but feel like she was missing something important in this puzzle. But patience came to those who waited, and so, she would keep her queries to herself for now, all the while she eyed this Taki girl up and down. The girl and Muramasa seemed to be such different people, from the way they talked to how they moved, it was rather surprising to see that they became such good friends that the latter would help the former in contacting her.

Shiina couldn't help but give a small smile as Muramasa followed her out of the tea house and into mizuya to help with refreshments. Although plagued with many questions, she understood his desires to keep what was private, private. She gave him another half smile when he commented that she looked well. Well enough...the woman thought to herself. The pains of her illness tore at her insides every few hours of every day, but that was information that was unimportant. "You don't look too bad yourself..." her tone was light and soft, despite the way she had chosen to respond to him. She moved in to close the distance a little more, although wary of where they were. "And there's no worry about that...what you choose not to say, I respect, and thus shall not ask. If she chooses to tell me, then I will listen. If not, I will not pry." And she genuinely lived by this moral, when she was not trying to actively extract information from a person.

The two of them would return to the tea room and while her guests got settled, Shiina would notice that the orange kimono, though vibrant, looked quite good on Taki. "Please, take a seat, we shall enjoy some sweets first before drinking tea. Matcha has a very strong bitter taste, and to off-set it, guests are usually invited to eat something with controlled sweetness before tea is served to prepare the palette for the aromatics and taste." She turned to Taki. "The kimono looks very fitting on you, you should consider this form of dress often." She smiled at the girl genuinely. "Allow me to prepare the tea first and then we can enter into the better of the discussion."

And with that she got to work, cleansing the bowl, scoop and whisk with a silk cloth known as the fukusa. It was imperative to cleanse and purify the utensils before and after each use. She took a kettle that was burning over a small stove in the room to where she was sitting. In tea ceremony, three scoops of matcha powder with three pours of hot water was the perfect balance. As she poured in the matcha powder with a tea scoop, she made sure to draw three lines in the powder, to make sure that there were no clumps of powder settle in one area. And then she poured three slow pours of hot water into the bowl, each time careful of the quantity. When all this was done, she would take her whisk and flicking her wrist, whisk the tea and the water together for fifteen seconds, until there were small white bubbles formed on the top of the tea.

She handed the first bowl to Muramasa, tilting the bowl so that the image on the bowl would face Muramasa, a sign of respect for the guest. When he took the bowl to drink, he would tilt the bowl twice counterclockwise in the palm of his hand, so that the image of the bowl turned away from him, an equal sign of respect for the bowl he was drinking from. After he finished he would turn the bowl back to its original position and with an outward motion, return the bowl back to Shiina so that the image of the bowl now faced her. Tea ceremony was intricate, but each step had its importance and significance. She would do the same for Taki with a different bowl, hoping the girl had watched what Muramasa did.

"And so, what brings you here today, Taki-san?" The woman's voice was light once more, as she began to cleanse the used utensils and bowls.
MADE BY MIZO

last edit by Ryuujin Shiina on Jan 27, 2023 22:54:06 GMT -5
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 28, 2023 16:54:26 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl would take note of their interactions upon meeting each other they seem well acquainted but there was a softness to Muramasa’s gaze it made her feel a little odd, it seemed different from the way he looked at her, just how well did these two know each other. There was no time for that however she had bigger fish to fry and after returning the girl would take a deep breath the weariness not seen by the two as she took a moment to regain her composure as she entered the room. "Okay…remember you pitch.” the girl would say. After a moment she would return trying not to fumble about in her open toe’d shoes. She’d never been to something so formal but her mother did mention something like this once her twice to her it sounded rather boring, but even if she was still a performer something like this would’ve been in her future eventually anyway.

As she took her seat dawning the traditional garb, Muramasa would note that it looked good on her, the girl seemed a bit bashful dawning these robes however it would appear that Ran also liked her style of dress stating she should consider it more often. "Yeah right…I wouldn’t be caught dead in dis poodly shit if I had it my way.” the girl would think to herself however would outwardly give a considerably calmer response. "Yeah…I’ll take dat unda consideration glad dey had my color.” the girl would remark with a smile, as things began she would be directed to the food on the table mochi she seemed to call it she hadn’t the slightest clue how to eat it, she’d remember it being something she’d seen at some of the more high end restaurants her mother would go too and getting slapped on the hand by her mother only for her father to show her how to properly eat it. But that was some time ago she almost had to resist the urge to cringe at it. In her head she’d look over the woman and got a bit of a bad feeling she came off as one of those high society types that Taki absolutely hated because people like that hated people like her.

But she shouldn’t be so quick to cast judgement they only just met for now it was just a fear but she had hoped by whatever god existed that she was wrong. Admittedly as she watched the tea ceremony she found it to be somewhat interesting it was a ritual something performative or at least that’s what it seemed like with their drinks now poured the girl would take her hand and place it around the cup with her right hand and then place her left hand beneath the cup lightly before taking a drink. The taste was better than she had expected and had to do her best not to slurp trying to stop the faint of sounds from escaping her lips as she set it down. She wasn't sure that it was proper etiquette with everyone being so quiet she figured it was what was best tea was meant to be consumed right, that was the point of a beverage. "Did I do dat right?" the girl thought to herself she hadn't done that in a while.

After a moment Muramasa would state that now that they were settled that it was time to begin deliberations. "Well, as I said me and my associate came awl da way out ere to tawlk about you possibly coming to woik wit us." With that being said Taki would remove a small metal case that held her business cards and her family crest with its Kanji on display. After opening her case she’d present the woman her business card, with both hands over the top of the card avoiding the corners as to not crease it presenting it to the woman, and would begin to explain the reason for her arrival.

"As I said, I represent the Okada wresslin alliance, and after having hoid o your skills from my associate ere, I’d like to negotiate a contract signing.” she’d wait for her to accept her business card. "Our corperation is a one dat paforms for individuals awl ova Tsuchi no Kuni awnd da surroundin nuetral nations, as such we provide a state o da art trainin facility with individuals from all sorts a different backgrounds. We're always lookin for new talent and if your skills are as prominent as Fudo-san here says, We’d be hona’d to have you as a memba of our active roster.” this was a rare opportunity under most circumstances a try out would need to be necessitated but this was woman was practically receiving preferential treatment she should consider herself lucky.

Taki had worked hard on her pitch here wanting to choose to right words to make her potential signee seem somewhat impressed by what her organization has to offer. "Working wit us, provides you wit lodging and a place ta train in exchange you woik for us twice a month, with 3 days out of the week being dedicated to trainin.” these rules were far more lax than those Muramasa were afforded who worked 4 dates per month and trained 5 days out of the week just wait until he saw her contract. "If you’d like to read more on toims and conditions and expectation I do have a contract on hand dat goes inta more detail.” the girl would remove her briefcase and inside was a contract along with a few other items. Which she’d present to the woman it was about 4 to 5 pages thick with a good deal of legal jargon which Taki herself understood but might seem a bit difficult to Shiina potentially.

Whilst she looked over the contract she’d note at the bottom of the last page she’d see the payout which was a substantial sum with a significant number of 0’s at the end of her contract it would appear she was willing to pay a good sum of funds, slightly higher than Muramasa’s but the perks seemed a bit better. She needed to play this up as much as she could, a good contract with strong benefits and if that didn't work she had a plan for any other potential questions she might've had.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

1071 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Starting Anew [Private]Jan 28, 2023 20:58:32 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Masamune fudo

A bit of color bloomed on his cheeks at Shiina's compliment.

Listening to her accept his admittedly nebulous explanation, his half smile softened even more. "Thank you." Being taken in good faith was something he was not entirely used to. Trust. Respect. It was a bit foreign to him... so he appreciated it more than she knew. Before they headed back inside he squeezed her hand for a moment. Composing himself upon returning.

Pairs of fine chopsticks rested on the table and he took the ones set for him in hand. Gently securing a small ball of mochi between the utensils he plopped the treat into his mouth, chewing a bit before swallowing. "These are great." He praised the woman's choice of refreshment. Sweets weren't his favorite but a few now and then hit the spot. Citrus was a unique choice given the season and he appreciated the contrast between flavors. "Try some." Uemon urged Taki on reassuringly, noting that she seemed to be staring at the food lost in thought. It really was quite good. The Okada's comment on clothing nearly prompted a muted snicker from him. Guess if you didn't grow up wearing traditional attire it might seem a bit odd. As they ate the ceremony began, his eyes shifting back to Shiina as she moved. Everything aspect of the proceedings seemed deliberate. No gesture wasted. After the mixture was whisked the bowl was offered to him with the image facing him. "Let's hope I don't mess this up..." Thinking perhaps as hard as the Okada was about how to do this properly as he graciously accepted the tea and raised the container to his lips. "Thank you, Ran-san." A polite show of appreciation before he tilted it back to drink. Maybe it was the theatricality of it all or maybe just some special ratio the woman had devised but the tea tasted great. Coffee was his preference but he didn't think he could ever turn down a caffeinated beverage in his life.

Uemon didn't get enough sleep to be in a position to do that.

Remembering his etiquette as best he could he shifted the bowl in his hands so that the image faced Shiina and handed it back to her. "Excellent." He said with a nod. Mochi and some tea had been had... now that Taki had drank as well it was time for business. Uemon listened silently as the girl stated her proposal, recalling a similar offer being given to him. At the time he had planned on refusing outright but a sudden stomach grumble cut him off before he could finish. A small smirk formed on his face. Seemed like so long ago already.

Wrestling was most certainly not his scene so it likely seemed odd that someone like him ended up here. Still, he couldn't deny that his skills had progressed. Or the connections he'd made. To him the ends justified the means. Anything that got him closer to his goal he would do... including the true reason this meeting was being had. "Wonder how she'll react..." The thought crossed his mind as he looked to Shiina. A plan was in the works to do something big. Feeling obligated to Taki he agreed to help, but more importantly it was chance to test his skills further. "Forward." A word that kept propping up whenever his ambitions were the subject of thought. Sitting there quietly he thought of the dream he'd had not long ago. A lone figure dressed in archaic clothing. Standing in a sea of darkness surrounded by bloody blades. Back turned... always facing- "Forward!" Suddenly the man's voice played in his head again. Severe. Mad... but confident. Absolutely certain.

Uemon's smile faded as he thought of this, tuning out of the conversation. His eyes drifted downward as his mind wandered.