compose a reply
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 30, 2023 5:48:07 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 19 years old birthday July 21st rank B-Rank occupation Swordsmith
Muramasa

It had been quite the time traveling over the past few days.

From the Land of Iron to the Land of Lightning, and now to the Land of Hot Water. "Plenty to write about." He thought, scribbling in his small black book as the carriage continued. Uemon kept an ongoing journal of the the places he went, things he saw, and people he met. Alongside the occasional sketch of passing landscapes, flora, or fauna. Some portraits lied within the pages as well, though not all as stylistically rendered as the one he drew of Shiina. On their journey he had explained that he made puppets and how their purpose was to help him in his quest. Tools of war. Everything he did was for this purpose. Uemon told the woman that aside from puppetmaking and swordsmithing he didn't consider himself truly adept at much. Just had a wide range of interests that he dabbled in.

A jack of all trades, so to speak. It was rare for someone to be an expert at everything and he was no savant in all pursuits.

Jostling a bit in his seat he finished his entry and closed the book, placing it within his kimono and returning his hand to her thigh. "Think we're almost there." He said. From the cold winds of the Land of Lightning to a much more moderate breeze the weather had surely shifted along with the scenery. Less mountainous, more flat land with some forests dotting the horizons. And from the time they had crossed the border it seemed as if every few miles they passed an onsen. The one they were heading to was noted for its healing waters.  Luckily it was not on a weekend or else the place might have been swarmed with tourists. As they often did his eyes fell upon the woman. Admiring all of her elegant features as they moved. 

He had noticed her staring back more and more... which was a sentiment that did not go unappreciated.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 22:59:49 GMT -5
Yenga has written 624 posts
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 30, 2023 10:34:11 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES - 
Shiina had been to the Hot Springs country many times.

But this time would be somewhat different, her golden hues found themselves upon the figure of Muramasa, who seemed rather busy documenting something in his little black journal. She couldn't help but smile as she thought about the last time he had shown her the contents of his journal, namely the beautiful drawing he had made of her sleeping. The detail, the intricacies far more than that of just any sketch, had stolen her heart in a lot of ways. She had never met an artist before, and hardly considered herself any kind of one, so being able to talk to, admire and become a subject to an artist of such talents as him was an honor. Shiina would look at him for quite some time as he wrote, curious as to what he was noting, but understanding boundaries enough to not pry.

The road trip to the land of hot waters was serene and lovely. As the mountainous landscapes of Kaminari no Kuni were replaced by more flatlands, she wondered what would become of the two of them once their mission to somehow cleanse her poison was finished. Well, according to Oniishi, the idea of cleansing the poison completely from her system was impossible at this point, but she had also been given a three day time period to use the medicine the old man provided to at least cleanse some of it. The two of them had met by circumstance, had stayed in each other's company by fate and choice, but then what? They both had ideas of retribution plaguing their minds, and she knew that neither of them were the type to put their feelings or emotions for one another over what they were set out to do.

But there was a couple of things that could be done, she thought to herself.

As the carriage rolled into the hot springs country, they would turn off to a small village, one where all the onsen had the minerals that the medic had spoken of. He had made arrangements for them to stay at a small ryokan, half the size of the ryokan they had been in before. The staff there had already been given notice of their arrival, with a few of the workers already waiting outside the establishment for them as the carriage pulled up to the front. Because of the smaller size, there were not that many occupants, which gave them the privacy they needed. Their room would be one of very simple furnishings, not unlike the guest living room at her geisha house. The only addition was an extremely big hot springs tub constantly flowing with water, overlooking the flat land outside. It was an open air bath, which meant that one stepped outside of the room to enjoy it.

They would be left alone in the room, with refreshments of sake and sweets on the table. Turning to Muramasa, she would give a small smile to him and invite him to sit down on a chair opposite of her at the small table. "Uemon...I have been meaning to ask you since the day we met but never quite found the words nor the time to, given the circumstances of the past few days. I hesitate to ask and to pry, but I feel that we have both reached a point in our interactions where I at least am comfortable with you enough to tell you about my deepest darkest secrets." Her eyes looked into his as she continued, "Granted, I don't expect the same from you..."
MADE BY MIZO

Nue has written 269 posts
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 30, 2023 18:28:48 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

Arriving at the ryokan they were greeted by some of the staff waiting patiently for their carriage outside.

Unaccustomed to such treatment his eyes widened a bit. "Toko wasn't lying... she really is esteemed." Perhaps it was only Oniishi's prior notice but something told him Shiina's reputation as a highly sought after geisha was at play too. Having folded and rewrapped his hound marionettes at some point during the trip he collected his gear and departed the carriage. Taking in the sights he noted that this ryokan was smaller than the one they had previously visited but that only served to make it more homely. Its hot springs were open air. For a moment he thought back to their previous encounter in waters such as these. "Have to be careful with any damning confessions..." He thought. Though there were certainly less people staying here, prying ears could be still be anywhere. The staff were kind enough and directed them towards their room. Once in he set his equipment down to lean on one of the far walls of the room and joined the Ryuujin woman. Carefully pouring some sake for them both before taking his seat.

Upon hearing his name he instinctively recoiled a bit. Still wasn't used to hearing it... though from her lips it sounded almost melodious. "I'm... glad you feel that way." He replied, taking his cup in hand as his eyes moved to her own. Uemon wasn't a fool, he could tell she was a typically guarded person. At least on par with his own closed reserved demeanor. Maybe more. "I'd like to hear anything you want to share." A slight nod followed as he raised the sake to his lips and took a small sip. "Only what you want to tell me, though." Prying was something he tried never to do as well. Choosing to respect others boundaries in hopes that his own were similarly considered. However where Shiina was concerned he couldn't deny his curiosity abounded. "Normally... I keep to myself and don't share much with others." For a moment his gaze flicked downwards as he thought back to his past. Partially out of necessity, partially out of a sense of lonesomeness he felt. Recently that had changed. "A lot of people never even bother to ask." More thinking aloud than responding at this point he realized and corrected his stare, meeting her golden eyes. "Odd as it is since we only just met... I trust you." Another nod as a faint half smile grew on his face. Even when she was being serious he couldn't help but admire her beauty. "If you want to know something I'll answer as best I can." With that, he maintained his gaze. Sincerity resided in his normally sad eyes. A genuine feeling he once thought lost.

For the first time in a long time he felt truly comfortable around someone else... like he didn't have to hide his less desirable parts. Her words seemingly struck a chord within him.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 23:00:06 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 30, 2023 21:34:26 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.

TAG -

NOTES - 
Her eyes searched his, the sadness did not mask the hidden sincerity that his words showed. She smiled at him, as warmly as she could, taking a seat at the table. She bowed her head while he poured them both cups of sake. This was perhaps a conversation long overdue, but it wasn't as if they had been exactly at liberty to have a serious talk since the moment they met. And now, absent of any bustling activity and people, they found themselves sitting across from each other, about to talk about things that should have been addressed since the very beginning of their encounter.

And to what lengths was entirely up to Muramasa.

"I wanted to talk to you about your family..." she started, her golden hues held his gaze. She was not shy about asking uncomfortable questions, and had the social sense that if it became too much for him, that she knew when to stop. "I visited your family house, your family's tombstones...I learned a lot." Shiina picked up the sake cup and placed the it against her lips, her nostrils picking up the scent of citrus and liquor, something that was unique to the Hot Springs country. "But I don't think we ever went into why and how the samurai have wronged you and your family." Her words were delicate, at least her tone was, choosing each word with care as she spoke them.

"You don't have to tell me at length if you don't want to. As you respect me, I am undoubtfully going to return the favor. And also...you did not become a puppeteer or skilled with close combat by chance. You and I both know that you learned all of your skill from somewhere...or perhaps someone..." her voice trailed once more, downing her first cup of sake, allowing all of its aromatics to consume her body. Instantly she felt the rush as warm blood coursed through her veins. "In exchange, I can tell you anything and everything about who I am and how society has shaped who I have become."
MADE BY MIZO

Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 30, 2023 23:40:25 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

Listening to her words the young man remained silent as memories of the past returned to him in full force.

A normal day at the family forge. Playing with his siblings. A slaying. Uemon's dark eyes seemed to glaze over as he ruminated. "I told you that samurai killed my father on orders from the Daimyō..." He began, staring down at the sake in his cup. "Officially they claimed that he had been selling weapons to 'enemies of the state'." Pausing his brow furrowed slightly. "A lie." A small glimpse of the cold wrath he had displayed when they first met shone through. Unlike before however he caught himself, and sighed deeply in an attempt to quell it. "The Murmasa clan has been loyal to the Land of Iron for almost two hundred years... our founder Sengo was even close friends with a Daimyō in his day." Idly he swirled the drink around in his cup as he thought on his own words. True he was saying it out loud... but the story had always irked him. Felt wrong somehow. "My father would never betray his homeland... they killed him anyway." At this he went silent. Images of the past flooding his head.

Mentioning his skills his face went from muted frown to a faint smile. "Samurai trained me in Jujitsu and their sword style, the Rōtetsusen-ryū when we were kids. As a favor." Bringing the cup once more to his lips he drank, deeply this time before continuing on. To more happy memories. "After I saw my family settled in the Land of Rice-Wine I set out on my own. Happened across a rōnin and we dueled." Despite his dampened emotions he could not hide the love behind his eyes as he spoke. "I got beat handily... and I found out the swordsman was actually a swordswoman." Lifting his gaze he locked eyes once more with Shiina. "Hanagisa, my master." Uemon appeared as soft as he ever had in that moment, even on par with how he let himself become around her. During their intimate moments. "She taught me everything I know. About warfare, philosophy, poetry... women." A light blush bloomed on his cheeks as he finished the rest of his sake. "Taught me how to be a man, funnily enough. How to be a warrior." Hana never conformed to traditional gender roles. In his eyes she was the ideal samurai, through and through. From the tone in his voice... it was clear that she was much more than that as well. "...she died." An abrupt climax to his tale. One that brought his sadness back.

For a moment he sat there quietly lost in the past... and then a look of slight annoyance crossed his face. 

Bringing a hand up to rub the back of his neck he sighed. "After, I met Suppa, that drunken nukenin I mentioned." Try as he might there was still a faint hint of care in his voice. Like he spoke of a relative who was a loveable troublemaker. "Helped me discover puppetry... had some old scroll he pilfered from someone, no doubt." Grumpy as he sounded there was an appreciation in his tone. He'd never admit it. But it was there. "For what I need to do I need an army... and puppets will suit that need just fine." With that, his story had concluded. If she had further questions he could surely answer. But he had some of his own. Looking to her again he tilted his head slightly. "What about you?" He began, pouring himself some more sake and refilling her own if necessary. "I want to know more about Ryuujin Shiina... and how she became Ran the geisha." Never had he spoken so much in one sitting, not since he was a kid at least. It was time to do what he did best. Listen. Observe. Getting to stare at her never hurt, either.

As he looked upon the woman his half smile returned. She seemed to bring that out of him more than anyone.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 23:00:20 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 0:58:42 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
As Muramasa began his story, she would sit there quietly, nodding her head at his words. There were moments within the recounting of his story that she would notice subtle changes in his tone, his behavior and his expressions. This was evident when he first spoke of how his country had turned on his father, the flicker of pain and anger, almost the same anger that had flashed before his eyes when they had first met. There was without a doubt that intent, and just as she was about to reach a hand over to lightly touch his, he would collect himself, collect himself enough to continue speaking. At least he was trying his best to overcome it, although repression of emotions was sometimes not necessarily a good thing.

When he spoke of Hanagisa, the tone which he used surprised her. Coupled with the look in his eyes, it was as clear as day that the woman was one he thought of highly, in fact, more than highly. There was a softness in his eyes, one which spoke of yearning and sadness that was beyond that of a teacher and a mentor. For a moment something from within her own heart hurt, as though it had been somehow strung along by his emotions. She understood love when she saw it, and could tell that what he had for the deceased woman was not pure admiration.

It made Shiina wish she could meet the woman.

There was no hostility, of course, especially given the circumstances. She simply wanted to know of this one person on a more personal level, seeing as she was able to get through the many layers of Muramasa and allow him to harbor emotions he seemed to have trouble with now. It made her think of her own past, of the people she met, and of a crush that bore no fruit in the end. It was bittersweet, knowing that such good memories would come to nothing, but she did indeed feel for the man in front of her. Almost instinctively, she placed one hand gently on the back of one of his, placing it on top of his to reassure him that she understood. In this case, she more than understood.

She would nod her head again as he went on to explain the teacher who had introduced him to puppetry. It was true that from what little she knew of his endeavors, puppets seemed to be the right choice to make, although she hoped he could see that he was equally skilled without them. At the mention of wanting to know more about her, namely the person before becoming a geisha, she would give a small smile, one which mirrored his. She took another sip of her sake, thinking of the right words before she spoke. "I was born to the Ryuujin clan. As you might have seen from before, our clan specializes in what is known as an advanced nature ninjutsu. Our kekkei genkai, or clan ability, is the ability to mold storm chakra and use it in battle." The woman began, bowing once more as he refilled her cup. "Kumogakure had gone through a lot as a village, with one particular event that made me who I am today. Perhaps you have heard of the great plague? It wiped out a lot of people, taking their lives without mercy." Her voice became slightly bitter as she continued.

"I was held responsible, or at least blamed for having been involved in the plague by diplomats of my own village. Council members flocked together to fabricate incriminating evidence against me. I want to make it clear that I didn't and would have never started something like this, especially as it took my mother's life as well. But to make it a point, I killed the council member and his men, signing my name on the murder by using our clan techniques." She breathed, her grip on the cup tightened. "If they were to convict me of a crime, I might as well commit an actual crime worthy of the conviction..."
MADE BY MIZO

Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 2:15:32 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

Feeling her hand on his was a welcome sensation, and it helped him get through his tale.

Emotions were never easy when it came to him. Something that Shiina seemed to understand better than most. So he appreciated her attempt to console him more than he probably showed. Once he had finished his story he exhaled a sigh of relief. As if some huge weight had been taken off of his shoulders. It had been awhile since he'd told it in full like that. Unusual for him to be so open with someone... but not a bad experience all in all. Especially when someone actually seemed interested and respectful of his tale. Now she knew Uemon.

His past, his goals, and his willingness to do anything to achieve them. The fact that she was still here spoke volumes.

In turn, he listened just as intently as she spoke. "So that's what that clone was back at the okiya..." Storm Release. A dangerous and powerful ability from the looks of it. He nodded along as she recounted the tale of the Great Plague and her being blamed in part for it. At this his eyes widened slightly. Being framed for something so awful would surely leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. The mention of her mother gave him pause, and he thought a moment before posing a single question in response. "Were you close with her?" He asked, a look of slight sadness returning to his eyes. Losing a parent was never easy. Even less so when the bond was strong there.

This too, he knew better than he wished he did.

He didn't flinch at all when she spoke casually of killing a council member and his lackeys. "If they name you a villain you might as well become one..." Uemon mused aloud, his eyes noticing as she gripped her cup more tightly. Like she had before he extended a hand to hers, searching for her gaze as he leaned forward slightly. "Strange as it might sound... I know that feeling." Though their situations were different, they were the same in many ways. Squeezing her hand gently he continued. "Restoring my clan to our rightful home is my aim... but I can't just let my father's death go unavenged." Honor simply would not allow for that to happen. Demanded of him vengeance. His eyes narrowed just slightly as he spoke. "For that to happen a lot of people have to fall by my hand." For a moment his eyes drifted to the side as he thought. "I'm not even sure how many..." Returning his gaze to hers he nodded slowly. Another squeeze. "If I was in your position I probably would've done the same." Truly he did not judge her for her actions. How could he? When what he sought was so similar. Hopefully both his eyes and words would reflect that. Show that he was being honest with her. 

Walking a path of retribution was not an easy one... but for people like them, it was necessary. Even at the cost of their own lives or livelihoods. "Thank you for telling me." With that, he glanced down at his own ragged appearance. Still wearing his damaged yellow kimono he was probably quite the sight. And they came here for an important reason after all. Standing from his seat he placed the sake and their cups on a tray, balancing it carefully in the crook of his arm as he held out his other hand to her. "Your treatment shouldn't wait long." Gesturing towards the door with his head he waited for her to come along. "Tell me more in the hot springs?" A shower and a soak sounded nice by themselves... but the process of healing Shiina of course took precedence. And he was sure her tale was a long one. A story he wished to hear more about.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 23:00:36 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 5:38:17 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
The road to retribution was destined to be a long one, and one filled with nothing but loneliness. She understood this first hand, having walked it for the past five years on her own. For her, it was a little different though, as she was still unsure as to whom this feeling of revenge needed to be placed in order to avenge her father and all those she cared about. There were two parts to this, one which required her to figure out who was responsible for her father's death, and another which was to clear her own name in the ridiculous accusation that she had somehow been responsible for the plague. As ridiculous as it sounded to any human being, this was precisely what she had been dealing with, the idea that she could somehow singlehandedly bring upon a plague that sent her village into shock and death. Despite having killed the one council member who had been in the forefront of her framing, there were still others she knew, others who had either took part in the framing or still believed that she was somehow responsible, and those people deserved nothing but death, in her opinion. "I may not be the strongest of fighters and may not hold any power in this world, but if you need me, I will always help you, Uemon..." she would say quietly, knowing that his retribution arc was somewhat of a different and larger scale. She would return the squeeze of his hand gently, hoping that she too could show sincerity with her words and her facial expressions.

In truth she had already started helping him, even though when they had first rid of the two samurai at the ryokan, she had only helped him because of circumstance, being at the right place at the right time. But now, looking back on it, she would have readily done the same, with all the knowledge she had now of him and his thoughts. Shiina was not against the idea of killing and revenge, and would love to help him out as best as she could to not only make the amount of blood on his hands lessen, but also help him emotionally to cope what was to come. For killing was like any other thing, the damage done to the psyche was not one that could easily be absorbed by many. If she was here to help him at least with that, perhaps he could get through all of the pain, the guilt, the panic and the despair that he was bound to feel regardless of the cause. "I don't believe in killing the innocent, only those who have been proven beyond a doubt that they deserve nothing but death, and most of said people would be ones who escape trials in courts of law..." she spoke more to herself than to Muramasa, as though somehow trying to justify that she wasn't some cold-hearted serial killer.

"My parents and I have had a somewhat strange relationship, to be honest. I was quite a rebel as a child, in every sense of the word, and perhaps my parents thought that they could change me. I love them just the same, although they would probably argue otherwise."

She noticed then that the man picked up the sake bottle and cups, stating that they should probably resume the conversation at the hot springs since her treatment was necessary. Indeed, that was true, for that was the whole point of their visit. Shiina took out one of the elixir bottles from the sleeve of her kimono, a small ceramic bottle that had a cork on top, resembling a small sake bottle. One look at both of their attire seemed to have jolted her memory that they were in sorry states, both in appearance and in health. She was going to have Muramasa soak in the hot springs first, the elixir needed to poured into the waters after for the first cycle of the poison cleansing to actually take effect. "Let's go then, shall we?" She would get up from her seated position, walking towards the hot springs. She placed the elixir beside the hot spring bath, assuming that he would do the same with the sake and the cups.

Turning to face him, she would slowly undress, taking off her obi and allowing her kimono to slide slowly down her body. Aside from the obvious chest wound from the sword, her skin was immaculate. Removing her shinobi uniform next, she felt liberated not being bound by any clothing. Reaching a hand to Muramasa's robes, she would tug at his obi sash. If he allowed, her fingers would work their magic, untying his obi from his kimono in one slow yet graceful move, as though she had spent years practicing how to undress another person. She waited for him for what was to come next, perhaps an invitation to clean themselves off in the shower before entering the hot spring waters.
MADE BY MIZO

Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 14:19:58 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

Upon hearing her offer assistance his half smile returned.

A soft touch of her cheek followed. "Thank you, Shiina." She had already helped plenty... and part of him didn't want to drag anyone else into this vendetta of his. But that wouldn't exactly be fair... since she had taken the words right out of his mouth. "If I can do anything to help you... just let me know." Whether it helping someone else achieve their goals or taking the odd mission from someone who couldn't count on a Hidden Village, he never skimped at an opportunity to hone his skills. But this was more than that. A sincere hope to aid her. To hopefully right one of the harsh world's many, many wrongs.

Uemon was certainly no hero. But if some small measure of justice could be delivered well... it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Explaining her beliefs on killing innocents he listened closely. "Agreed." He replied with a nod. From her dealing with Noriyaki that was clear to him. The young man liked to believe he was as principled as she on this matter... but he couldn't deny his unyielding wrath when it came to samurai. Taking a life was no small thing but he knew those slain by his hand were burdens he would have to bear. From now on the weight was only likely to get heavier. When she mentioned her parents and her impulsive nature as a child he very nearly smirked. "You were rebellious?" It was almost unbelievable looking at the refined, elegant woman before him now. "Shiina the rebel... her, I'd like to meet." Half a joke. Though he supposed brash children growing up to be more reserved or even sophisticated wasn't all that far-fetched. It mirrored his own development in a lot of ways. He could tell there was a storied history between her and her parents there so his gaze softened. "I'm sure they knew you loved them." Thinking back to his own tempestuous father his eyes drifted off. "Sometimes parents aren't the best at expressing themselves... but I have to believe they knew you cared." Always his parents hinted at some ethereal sense one gained upon having kids. 'Some day you'll understand' they said.

Maybe they were right... and parents really did know things about their children without the need for words.

As they made their way to the hot springs he set the tray down near the water's edge. "Woah." His only thought as he turned just in time to see her disrobe. No matter how many times he saw her like this his reaction was always the same. Uemon's dark eyes admired her figure as she approached, even as her hands reached for his sash. For a second he remembered when this happened the first time and how domineering he had seemed. A hand came up to hold his head in embarrassment as his cheeks flushed lightly. "Real smooth, Uemon." But he wasn't about to take himself out of this moment for a past misstep. At the time his state of mind was a bit... aggressive. As his obi dropped to the floor his kimono hung loose on his still bandaged frame. He tore his gaze away from her figure for just a moment to check if anyone was around. "Come on." He said, grasping her hand to lead her towards the showers. For the moment they were alone. Grabbing a wooden basin he turned one of the taps to fill it. Unraveling his hand bandages he placed them in a pile off to the side then snagged a clean towel. Using his left hand, the one without external wounds, he wet it in the hot water and turned to face the woman, slowly nearing her as his eyes were drawn to the wound on her chest. "You did this for me once... so let me this time." Uemon's voice was quiet. Gentle as he lightly dabbed the towel against her skin, wiping away the dried blood. Though his hand was still healing he did his best to keep it steady as he carefully cleaned the wound. Delicately. So as not to hurt her.

As if on instinct his other hand moved to rest on one of her hips as he continued. Hints of care and admiration in his eyes as he washed her. Once he was finished with her injury he would discard the current one and grab a clean towel, wetting it to wash the rest of her body if she allowed him. Tenderly. "You're beautiful, Shiina." The only words he could manage, his eyes unable to stop wandering as the towel glided across her soft skin. "I think you know I think that... but I wanted to tell you anyway." Eventually he grabbed a nearby stool to allow her to sit. For perhaps too long he would keep this up. Uemon had never done this before... and her allure made it hard for him to take his eyes or hands away. Moving to her back his fingers traced the butterfly art on her shoulder softly.

Transformation. A fitting theme... for the both of them perhaps.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 23:00:50 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 15:04:58 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
As he echoed her words, she would nod her head, giving him a genuine smile. "I believe you already help me in more ways than one..." she whispered, her eyes searching his so as to gage whether he understood what she meant. It was true that despite only having known each other for a few days, they had been through things that could last people a lifetime. "I will take you up on your offer though...if ever there is such a necessity." She continued to hold his gaze for a fleeting moment longer before shaking her head again, this time a small chuckle would escape her lips.

"I do not wish upon anyone to meet the rebellious version of me. I was but a child, and as children we tend to not think too deeply on things. Such was perhaps the bliss of being young." Shiina reflected on her childhood, reflected the many times she had gone against the wishes of her parents, or simply gone against what was reasonable in order to prove a point. There were many times she had stretched truths, pushed boundaries and gone too far to prove a point, only to be disproved later on. "Of course, I would love to think that my parents at least could feel that I loved them and cared deeply for them despite being not too easy to deal with." Shiina began to recall the numerous of times her father had yelled at her or her mother had lamented about what she had done when she was still an academy student, and a slight blush came upon her face despite her sad eyes.

She was almost delighted when Muramasa didn't object to her disrobing him, her fingers working once more to untie his obi from his hakama. She recalled the first night of their encounter at that point, how she had done the same to him that night. It had not ended well, or at least ended in the way that either of them had anticipated. He had been in a fit of anger, manifested into aggression that night, and having felt this anger, she had held back, choosing only to help him tend to his bloodstained body and injuries. This time was a little different, both of their emotional state more grounded than before. As he slid out of his own robes, he had taken her hand and led her to the showers, and she would not object to this, simply walking behind him as they slipped from the hot springs room to the shower room.

He had taken a wooden basin and some clean towels, and as he ran the towel through the water, her eyebrow raised slightly as he began to dab at her wound. He was returning the favor she had once given him, she thought to herself, a small smile danced across her lips. His touch delicate as he navigated her wound, careful not to hurt her. Shiina could sense his own hand trembling, knowing that he too was still recovering from his own injuries. She would hold his wrist with one of her hands, so as to steady it and guide it while he tended to her. As the wet towel gently dabbed on her wound, she flinched slightly, even though her eyes continued to lock on his, her blush deepening while he continued to work his magic.

The woman would appreciate him going further to wash the rest of her body with another clean cloth. She had never been washed like this before, and his touch on her skin made her tremble slightly. Every muscle in her body relaxed and a small whimper escaped her lips the second his fingers touched the tattoo on her shoulder. It was one of her weak spots, and one which not many could and would get close enough to be able to touch. As he finished washing her, she would take the towel from him, rinsing the towel in the wooden basin. She stood up from her seated position, ringing a new towel. "You flatter me..." her voice was sweet and melodic, but her eyes communicated all the appreciation and emotions her words did not.

"If eyes could kill, I think I would have died many times over just looking into yours..." she began, her hands moving to his torso. She removed the bandages slowly and gently, careful not to hurt him as she went about her work. She dabbed at the wounds on his body with the wet towel, with the same care and intricacies he had displayed towards her. For a good moment there was silence, and as the wounds were now cleaned, she would move out of the shower room, walking to the entrance of the room with water dripping from her body to get a set of new dressings and bandages. When she returned to the shower room, she would half kneel in front of him, wrapping the bandages around his midsection. The close proximity between the two made it alluring but she did her best to maintain composure while she bandaged.

Once she was finished, the woman would straighten her posture, so that her face was now centimeters away from his. "Sit down..." she almost commanded, moving so that he could sit on the stool she had been sitting on only moments before. Shiina proceeded to wash his body as well, admiring his muscular frame every step of the way. She started from his feet and worked her way upward, circling behind him to wash his back. And as this all drew to a close, she would wrap her arms over his shoulder, planting a small kiss at the back of his right ear, before moving her face so that she now whispered in the same ear. "I would love to look into your eyes forever...if I could."
MADE BY MIZO

last edit by Ryuujin Shiina on Jan 31, 2023 15:16:47 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 19:11:30 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

On the subject of helping each other it seemed like their two minds were aligned. As he noted they often were.

Staring into her eyes he nodded slowly. "And you, with me." Uemon's only response as he understood what she was getting at. Not only had she already aided in his quest but she was the perhaps the only person aside from Hanagisa or Suppa to have seen his darker side. What lied underneath the distant outward demeanor. Moreover she brought something else out of him... a kindness he didn't know he still had. One that only his family and Hana had known before. It was uncomfortable in a way.

But it wasn't a bad feeling... quite the opposite, in fact.

Hearing her talk about her rebel phase brought a slight smirk to his face. "I was brash and a loudmouth as a kid... maybe that's the norm for people like us." Never had he been a rebel, but that was probably because he didn't get the chance to much. All had been stolen before he hit the age where that kind of thing normally occurred. It was funny, in a way. To see how people changed. "From chrysalis to butterfly..." He thought, mostly referring to her. Shiina had certainly grown to be quite the woman. "I don't know them... but I feel they'd be proud of the person you've become." What parent wouldn't? She was intelligent, strong, beautiful, knew how to handle herself... and perhaps most important of all she was making her own way in the world. Independent. A very admirable trait.

In the showers he payed close attention to her body language, half smiling as she whimpered. It's cute when you do that." He said, gently running the tips of his fingers down her back. She told him he flattered her and he very nearly chuckled. "Never been much of a flatterer... I'm just being honest." Honesty. Something he tried to abide by but didn't have many opportunities to be open with people. Strangers and enemies were one thing, but when it came to those he cared for he despised deception. Once he was done she rose from the stool and approached, moving to unwrap the bandages around his midsection. "Soft." The only thing he could think as her hands touched him. As if on instinct he leaned a bit closer, to feel her skin on his if only for a moment. He allowed her to do the same to him, wincing only slightly as the towel neared his cut or passed over his ribs. Luckily the laceration was healing nicely and didn't seem likely to scar. Two marks from a blade were two too many from him... he didn't need a third. As she left to go get fresh bandages his eyes followed her walk the entire time. "Don't think I'll ever get tired of watching that." His gaze warmed even more as she returned. As she bent down to rewrap his injuries his eyes wandered, taking in the curves of her body completely. The young man's mind wandered as well.

It was taking everything he had in him not to act on his impulses at that moment.

A line about eyes was thrown his way and his face couldn't help but flush a bit. "Now who's flattering who?" He replied softly, a look of slight bemusement crossing his face as she instructed him to sit. Even if he wanted to he doubted he could say no... and so he did. What followed next was maybe one of the best experiences of his life. Being washed by a gorgeous woman. Happiness was not something he'd known in a long time... but if this wasn't that then it was surely close. Uemon felt some of the tension in his body leave as another kind of tension began to build. Feeling her arms wrap around him and her body press against his back he almost vocally sighed in satisfaction as she kissed him near his ear. Whispering sweet things to him, too... how devilish. "Forever's a long time..." His heartrate had picked up slightly. Carefully swiveling in his seat to face the woman, he allowed her arms to remain around him as he reached out to grab behind her thighs. Lifting her into his lap to straddle him if she'd allow. "You'll get sick of me after a while." With that he would lean forward, placing a soft kiss near the wound on her chest. The stool wasn't very big but it was sturdy... holding her like this he was likely a better seat.

Hands ran the length of her body, Uemon quickly becoming lost focusing on her. She was soft, warm... and the water made everything all the more enjoyable. He kept on. Curious to see what she'd do next. A bit of a tease... but pleasant one he felt.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Jan 31, 2023 23:01:04 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Jan 31, 2023 21:36:50 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
Shiina couldn't help but give a small smile at the mention of how he was certain that her parents would be proud of her. "I'm sure your parents would feel the same..." she thought to herself, knowing what had happened to his father. What had happened to the man had nothing to do with how he would view his son, and from the way she viewed him, Muramasa was one of strong resolve, a kind and caring young man that was well past the maturity perhaps those of his age range would have. Despite his rare display of anger towards her, she knew that he was soft and warm interior, having drawn it out of him a couple of times during their brief encounter. And even now, as the two of them were so close to one another, he still cared for her. She would not explore whether that care had been sparked by physical attractions and infatuations.

There was really no need to explore that.

As she removed the bandages to his abdomen and cared for his injuries, her fingers lightly traced the two scars, her expression pained as she touched them gently. A couple of times he winced, though for the most part he kept his composure. No apology was perhaps enough to alleviate the guilt she felt for causing him pain and agony. As strong as he was, and as removed of emotions as they both had been, Shiina deeply cared for Muramasa, and the care was crossing dangerous boundaries. She would clear her throat, finishing the cleaning of his body.

His comment about her whimpers being cute made her blush. She rarely whimpered, never really had a reason to. It was a very feminine gesture, and it showed the side of her she hadn't wanted to lightly show anyone. The woman would simply continue to blush, feeling the heat from her cheeks. Her cheeks would permanently glow a light pink it would seem whenever he was around. And when she whispered her own observations of his eyes into his ear, she couldn't help but feel her own heart skip a beat. Her body trembled and her heart pounded, the enticing situation they found themselves in almost too much for her to handle.

As he turned to face her, he grabbed her inner thigh and hoisted her into his lap, a smooth gesture, if she had to comment. The speed at which he did this caused her to let out a small yelp of surprise. One minute she was whispering in his ear and the next she would be in his lap, staring upwards into his eyes. "Silly...I'd never get tired of you..." she whispered, although she chided herself for using the word 'forever'. There was no such thing as forever, the both of them knew this well. It was also this particular reason they both cherished each other in the present, perhaps more so than they gave each other credit for.

His hands traveled along her body, his fingertips making gentle imprints on her skin. She spent a few moments staring deep into his eyes, as though trying to find something she had lost. She couldn't help but admit to the fact that she had well crossed the line of infatuation, and had maintained her own composure for the sake of knowing that they were not in positions to dive deeper into these emotions. There was hesitation still, but as she reached an arm to lightly brush her fingers on his face, she would draw his face closer and closer to hers, until there barely was any distance. Her forehead touched his gently and then she would move her head so that her lips found his, a motion that was graceful in its own right.
MADE BY MIZO

Waters of Life [Shiina]Feb 1, 2023 0:15:23 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

As she said that his parents too would be proud he paused for a moment before slowly nodding.

Truthfully he wasn't sure. "I... hope so." His voice was quiet as he thought of his father. Revenge was a time-honored tradition in the Land of Iron and while he was certain the man wouldn't take issue with that, he didn't know if he would approve of the measures his son would need to take to ensure it. Uemon had only barely scratched the surface... but he knew going after a court official would mean dealing with guards, allied clans, and retainers. "A whole sea of people standing in my path..." It was enough to make anyone shudder at the thought. Muramasa Iemitsu would undoubtedly abide a just vendetta waged for the sake of honor. It was their way. But would he abide a killer? 

A question to think about at later time... when he was in the right headspace to do so, perhaps.

Forgetting less joyous thoughts, Shiina yelped when he lifted her to straddle him, and he couldn't help but to place his head gently against her chest and let out a single, small laugh. The first one she had heard since they met. His first in years, probably. "And that... is really cute." For a moment he held her there in an embrace. Listening to her heartbeat quicken. As she said she wouldn't get tired of him he leaned back and looked into her eyes. He could tell she meant it. "Good." He said, his half smile persisting. Her fingers touched his face and he watched with baited breath as she leaned in. First their foreheads met in a tender gesture. Then their lips. "Always so sweet...." The only thought in his mind as it buzzed. Uemon's eyes closed as both of his hands ran slowly up her waist, and then her back. Pulling her closer still. In reality the kiss was only a few moments but it felt like an eternity had passed by the time their mouths parted. His remained busy however, moving to her neck first, then collarbone. It was so easy to lose himself in her... too easy maybe. If he wasn't so absorbed in the moment he might have thought twice. But his passions occupied his mind. Delicately his hands traced the curvature of her back, ending on her hips as his lips trailed down her fit midsection. "Tell me..." He said in between breaths, partially mumbling as he kissed her skin. "...what do you want?" He had a feeling he already knew... but he was enjoying this.

Eyes looked up at her as he continued his journey, one hand supporting her back if she were to lean into it. True they were not in a position to delve deeper into their deeper emotions... but for as long as he was able he would give to her the parts of him that he could. Physical. Emotional, muted as that was.

Maybe... just maybe it would be enough. He did not know.
Waters of Life [Shiina]Feb 1, 2023 0:37:07 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

TAG -

NOTES - 
Shiina couldn't help but give a small smile at the mention of how he was certain that her parents would be proud of her. And the laugh would definitely not go unnoticed, although she was slightly more preoccupied by the fact that she was now in his lap to really call him out on it. But she liked the laugh, wanted to hear more of it, for a person should never be too absent of emotion nor the ability to express emotions. Muramasa was like her, reserved and collected, perhaps even more so than she was, which was concerning to say the least. Yet she would be calling the kettle black if she dove any deeper into the issue, and so for the present moment, all she did was enjoy the laugh as it came, committing it to memory for later. She blushed a deeper shade of pink as he called her yelps really cute, an elevated status than that of her whimper from a moment before.

"You are really cute..." Shiina smiled, pulling him close for a kiss that could still time. Every kiss they had shared since they met had been this way, of some shape or form, and each time she had lost a little bit of her composure and ability to exercise self control. His lips were gentle yet firm, and as their lips touched, sparks ignited from within her, as though she had found something she lost. The sensation of his lips against hers, the ability for him to draw the last breath out of her system, was in some ways electrifying and addictive. She couldn't help but give in to her own passion, telling her mind that it was alright to lose control just this once. There was no need for words, only passion and love, both driven by one another.

As their lips parted, he felt him move down her neck, her body shuddering in response as she let out yet another whimper, a soft yet high-pitched sound that she didn't know she could produce. He had hit every weak point in her body, the mere touch of his lips against them enough to make her weak. And as he posed the question to her, about what it was she wanted, her body tensed and she froze, for a second unable to answer the man. What did she want? There was definitely a lot she desired, a lot from him that she knew he couldn't give. And so...was it necessary to even ask, if she already knew the answer? Seconds passed, and as she formulated the 'right' response to his question, she found her hands reaching to caress the back of his neck, pulling his head even closer to her body.

"I...want you..." it was a simple statement that had more than just the simple physical want. If he looked into her eyes then, he could possibly see that the physical want was also coupled with the emotional want, the desire to have him in more ways than one. In truth she was terrified of exploring deeper emotions, not only because of the uncertainty that he wouldn't or couldn't provide, but also what that meant for her as well. She had never entered a serious relationship before, one that was defined and had boundaries, and the thought scared her to no end. Shiina desired to be with Muramasa, to be the sole woman he looked at and shared these passionate times with, but was afraid to even suggest that he entertained those thoughts.

Such was the desires of a woman, who had fallen deeper than necessary for a man.
MADE BY MIZO

last edit by Ryuujin Shiina on Feb 1, 2023 0:37:41 GMT -5
Waters of Life [Shiina]Feb 1, 2023 5:14:57 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
Muramasa

For the time being it felt like his worries seemed to melt away.

As his physical being melded with hers. "Thank you..." He mumbled in reply to her compliment, in between kissing her body. Being close like this with someone was one of the only ways he was able to let down his guard. Even if it wasn't fully... though Shiina was able to get him to even do that. Physical intimacy was one thing but emotional understanding was a concept he hadn't known it a very long time. Perhaps since his travels with Hanagisa. She had been the only person to ever truly know him on the inside. To see Muramasa Uemon in all of his complexities. In his nuanced entirety. Not an easy feat...

Yet now there were two... if they weren't there yet they were getting very close to having no remaining secrets between them. Sure there were details he did not know of her life and vice versa but the important things. Their pasts. Who they are.

Over the past few days too much had been laid bare. As bare as they both were in the showers at that moment.

She answered his question and he cast a somewhat sly look at her from down near her navel. "I know..." He said, his half smile turning into something almost resembling a smirk. "I just wanted to hear you say it." Playfulness gave way to seriousness as he noted the look in her eye. Her words had multiple meanings. Their relationship was not just physical... if it had been they could have resolved those desires back at the ryokan the first night they met. Shiina was like him. Understood him. Walked a similar path. She was also reserved and he knew that she didn't say such things lightly. From his own observations as well as from the words of Oniishi and even Toko. Attachment of course worried him and that meant it likely worried her as well. However this situation ended up he knew only one thing without a doubt in his mind.

That for as long as lived he would never forget Ryuujin Shiina, the nukenin from Kumogakure no Sato.

Moving his hands to rest on her hips once more he paused his kissing and rose so that he neared her face. In a single movement he pulled her closer in his lap and repositioned himself on the stool, so that as little distance as possible remained between them. Their bodies pressing against each other like this he could feel her heartbeat again in tandem with his own. It was fast. As was his. "If you want me..." He said, looking into her golden eyes as his fingers tightened their grip on her body. Her skin seemed softer than before, perhaps due to the steam of the springs. "Take me." With that, he would remain still. Locking gazes with her as he invited her to take the lead. At first he wanted to hear her words... now he wanted to see it for himself. Experience her desires firsthand. Feel her.

As he had before... as he hoped to do for some time still.