Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)

compose a reply
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 24, 2023 18:50:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 283 | notes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/5e/7b/005e7b665a61d4f71e52ad626dd3ec56.png

Miroru sat outside in the hall with a little bundle of flowers. Red and white with a black ribbon- an Uchiha bouquet if ever there was one. She had a little vase for them, too, already with water and a little plant food mix inside. Tokaku wasn't ready for visitors yet, she'd been told, but she should be- soon.

It had taken a while for news to reach Miroru. Tokaku was a cousin, not a direct relative- she didn't have any siblings, as it happened- and it just had taken time for word of mouth to get the reality of Tokaku's hospitalization to the redhead. Still, from the sound of things it wouldn't have made much of a difference, not with the severity of the burns she'd suffered. But she was supposed to be able to receive visitors after rounds today.

So Miroru sat, and waited. In her lap were curled two Bakenokawa, the little foxes there to support Miroru. She hated being in the hospital, except to see Miho-sama. It'd been nice exploring the idea of being a medic- but that, too, had panned out, just like every other specialization idea she'd had. But being good at lots of things was nice, too- even if she'd never be great or amazing at any of them.

Eventually, of course, the nurse left Tokaku's room and nodded to Miroru, and she headed in, the two little foxes on her heels as the trio entered the room to see how Tokaku was doing.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 25, 2023 23:12:14 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku wasn't happy. She just missed yet another chance to win a Chuunin Exams. Her third time in a row. Not to mention she was injured worse than ever before. The pain was not something she could even fathom, yet she experienced it. While she survived and would heal, the mental damage was there, and the scars will stay. She was lucky, or so the nurses would tell her. She didn't feel like it however. She just got out of her last surgery a few days ago.

She just needed to rest and heal a bit more before she could be released. Then she would need a few days to of rehab to get back to moving again after being bed ridden and due to the damage to her knees. She still had an IV and wearing a mask to help her breathe better. She even had a tube going to her bladder. Not to mention something to check her blood pulse and blood pressure. Her hands, chest and knees were wrapped in thick bandages. Her nose also had to be fixed.

Luckily, her nose was going to not be crooked or anything. But she still had slight trouble smelling. She did feel one thing. One thing kept her going at the moment. Her hatred. She had a new focus now. She was going to get Azarea back. Tokaku stared in the window, the pain pills help keeping her docile. Though, she was still in great pain, even if it wasn't anything compared to what her own fire did to her. Hearing the door open, she would slowly turn.

Miroru would witness the shape Tokaku was in, not to mention the first time she would be seeing her without her mother's mask covering most of her face. She didn't smile though, only looking a mix of sorrow and anger. "Miroru... It's nice to see you... Are those for me?" She asked in her monotonous voice. She would be happy, but she wasn't even sure. She felt empty. Even with one of her favorite people around, she couldn't manage to lift her mood up.

------------

OOC:
Tag: @
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 0:13:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | ### | notes

Miroru let out a little squeak of dismay to see how badly off Tokaku was. All those machines and medicines... it was evident, clearly so, that it was likely fortunate she'd received care to ensure her survival. She came closer, anxious, and nearly startled as Tokaku spoke. Her tone was flat, unsettling. Her expression, too, was awful. She looked somewhere between frustrated and furious.

"O-oh. Hey. Um. Yes! They're- for you. I don't know Hatake's colors so I got flowers in ours. I hope that's okay." Miroru moved to set the flowers down nearby, where she could see them.

"So this looks... awful. Painful. Like you barely survived. How are you feeling now? Are the medicines helping? How's your prognosis for recovery?" It was a lot of questions, but Miroru's mind was racing, barely keeping a pace slow enough for speech. "I'm sorry, if you don't want to talk, you don't have to. I'm just- this is... all so much..."

She found someplace to sit, one of her foxes jumping up into her lap, the other curling up at her feet. "Do you want to talk about any of this..?"

MISSIONS
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 1:06:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku would normally smile at Miroru being as bubbly and hyperactive as ever, but this wasn't a usual time for her. She didn't want to seem ungrateful as she wasn't. If anything, she was glad to have someone like Miroru in her life. She was just depressed and doped up at the moment, not to mention still in a lot of pain. "It's fine Miroru-chan... Its the thought that counts anyways. Just place them on the... On the shelf next to me... They're lovely... I'm so glad to have--to have a litt--... A little sister like you..." She said, not holding back anymore that she thought of Miroru as a sister rather than just another cousin.

Her lips tried got give her a sweet smile, but clearly failed before it began, her eyes narrowing to the ground. She didn't like that the younger Uchiha had to see her like this. Her hands slowly curled up into fists, despite the raging pain in them. "If Shigure-sama didn't get me to the hospital in time, my body was...." She paused. She didn't want to admit it. But she had to. "I went into-into shock by the time I-I arrived... Doctors told me, if I was any later... I would've died..." She said, speeding up the last sentence as to force the hard truth out.

Her hands loosened and the monitor changed as her heart started to race a bit. It was not an easy thing to admit that she had a close brush with death. "I-I'm fine though... I'll just be here another week and... And then I have rehab for two weeks... After another month, I should be-I should be able back into full shape... Although, I will have my first true scars..." She added. "I was hit with my own fireball... A woman by the name Azarea from Kumogakure no Sato and me got into it... We fought. She-she had a wire around my neck... Broke my nose... Made me so angry and desperate to escape, I tried to use my fireball jutsu..." She said, her face flushing with heat as her voice got angrier and more terrified at the same time.

"She-she forced my head down! She caused me to blow my own--" She could barely get the rest of the words out. Her anger in her own weakness. Her hatred she had for Azarea now. The fear of the fire she had for now came bubbling up. The machines started going off slightly as her heart started beating faster. She had to turn away from Miroru, wincing in pain as she got too worked up. Something the doctors and nurses warned her not to do. She would be silent for a while, making sure to take deep breathes to calm down as she tried to shift into her bed to relax and calm herself to the best of her ability.

"I-I underestimated myself and paid... It won't happen again... I. Will. Get. Her. Back." She said, her last sentence said through her gritted teeth, in attempt to not get work up as she did a few minutes back. She didn't mean to dump this all on Miroru. But she hadn't had anyone to talk to in a week, since her father and her had an argument when she first woke up in Kuwana. soon tears of anger and sadness started to drip from her eyes and down her cheeks. "I'm sorry." She said, not even sure why she was apologizing. This was definitely not her best look or moment.

------------

OOC:
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Jutsu Used:

Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 14:41:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 743 | notes
"Okay. I'm glad they help," Miroru said quietly, keeping her voice down as she set the flowers as directed, smiling a little at the sister comment, reaching for Tokaku's hand and stopping herself last second as she remembered how hurt she was. She listened, too, taking in the hard truths offered. "Gods... I didn't know how badly hurt you'd been. How close to-" She closes her mouth, biting her lip worriedly.

Her face fell further as Tokaku talked about how long it was going to take her to recover, and then lowered her head towards the floor, fluffy bangs hiding her face as she heard what happened. She was quiet, for several long moments as Tokaku ranted a bit, tried to calm down... swore vengeance. Apologized.

She's not lying. She wants to hurt Azarea. She wants to destroy her.

She... can't mean that, Azarea's her-

She does. I can feel her bloodlust. She wants to make Azarea suffer this and worse.

And what's worse?

She's afraid of what you'll do if you know the truth. She's not misspeaking out of pain or distraction.

She's leaving out everything that makes this her fault on purpose.

Miroru's fists tightened on her knees, and when she spoke there was steel in her words.

"You should be sorry."

Miroru didn't stand up. She didn't have to. She didn't even lift her head to look at Tokaku, and still, her presence filled the room. Or, rather- A presence filled the room to match her upset.

"You said you got into it. You said you fought." Miroru's anger at being deceived, at her precious people being assaulted was cold. Furious. It seethed behind her words. "You didn't mention the part where you followed her. Where you drew your weapon on her. Where you attacked her. You didn't mention that you started the fight trying to do exactly this to her, by paralyzing her with genjutsu first. You didn't mention that even after all that, she still wasn't trying to kill you. And still you tried to do- THIS. To her. Your blood sister.

You ALSO didn't mention that you almost did this to Itsuki, too! To MY. BEST. FRIEND. I had to find out from him! This- this isn't some atrocity committed against you, Tokaku, you don't deserve REVENGE. This is a consequence of you throwing murderous balls of fire at the slightest provocation! You threw this at your teammates in a training exercise, you threw this at Azarea over insults, and when you tried to do it again, she made you feel what you've been trying to do to other people! You want revenge on the person that made this happen? Look in a mirror."

Now. Now she stood up. "I was hoping you'd take responsibility. That'd you'd learned some kind of lesson. That you'd - at least be honest about what happened. But you weren't. You attacked my onee-chan over the slightest and stupidest of reasons, tried to kill her, and when you lost, you tried to make me think you were the victim.

She's been there for me since we met. Since there was no reason for anyone to support me, since there wasn't a single thing special about me worth investing in. I have put Azarea through this, and worse, and she still stands beside me because she believes in me and she trusts me because when I messed up, I took responsibility.

You're not taking responsibility at all. You're just mad you got hurt and you're blaming everybody but the person responsible, and you're deceiving people to do it."
She paused, started to turn away out of agitation, and whipped back towards Tokaku. "What kind of sister am I to you that you can't even be honest with me about why you got hurt?" She exclaimed, hurt laced in every word. "You could have explained why you did it, could have considered whether it was worth it, could have done anything but hide all the reasons this didn't have to happen, but did.

In less than a week, you have tried, on purpose or, maybe even worse, accidentally, to do this to my best friend and my big sister. Over words, and a training exercise. And then you tried to deceive me over what actually happened. How- how am I supposed to trust you now?"

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Feb 26, 2023 14:43:41 GMT -5
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 17:19:58 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku listened to Miroru and tried to breathe to stay calm. She listened to everything, but staying calm was not easy. The heart monitor went wild as Miroru ranted and Tokaku stared at her in silence the entire time. Gritting her teeth, she stood up in her bed, her adrenaline now pumping in full force. She ripped the wires off; the action was like she was holding glass in her hands due to nerves having to be replaced and were still healing.

But she ignored it, her teeth grinding to work past the pain. Now she was sitting on her bed, her legs over the side. Her Sharingan was active, and the room was cold and mixed with the collective of their emotions. She still waited for Miroru to finish. Once she did, she stared in silence as tears were now flooding down her face uncontrollably. "You want the full fucking story, then fine! Let's go point by point! I'm tired of being goddamned gaslit by everyone I thought loved and cared for me!" Tokaku yelled. She wasn't going to hurt her or attack, but she was going to be clear in her words.

Her voice would be shallow, and she was breathing heavily. "I only followed her because she seemed suspicious... I-I didn't know she was my sister until we were face to face! My father warned me of her, leaving out a lot of details, so I became paranoid! What else was I supposed to think, huh?! Some stranger was constantly around, wouldn't you be suspicious too if you were in my shoes?!" Tokaku yelled before pausing, breathing heavily.

"She told me she was blackmailing my family with no other context! You of all people should know I take shit like that seriously! If she had explained, I would have put my sword away and apologized for the misunderstanding, but she didn't... I wasn't even a fighting stance until she flicked a cigarette in my face and continued to provoke me first! I took it as a threat and as a challenge... I let my pride and anger get the best of me! I take full responsibility for that!" She continued recalling what she had been flashing back to for days now.

Her breathing was heavy now and she was feeling pain all over, not to mention hot from she stresses she was putting on herself. "I would have still backed down if she didn't "jokingly" say she had to kill me now... But of course, apparently threats like that are acceptable to you people! She not only threatened to take my life, but she also said she would take my eyes if I didn't back down! She knew that would trigger my anger; she fucking knew what she was doing the entire time! You of all people, as a fellow Uchiha especially, should know how serious of a statement taking our eyes is! QUIT ACTING AS AZAREA IS COMPLETELY BLAMELESS AND A FUCKING CLUELESS, INNOCENT DUNCE GODDAMNIT! If she was in such danger, then tell me why I'm here and she has not a single scratch?! Give me a fucking break!" She went on, gripping the side of the bed, as intense pain shot up from her hands to her arms.

"They weren't just insults, that bitch is downplaying and lying! Not only that, but she also could have stopped first, and so would have I, but she didn't, she kept on egging me and insulting me, begging for me to keep fighting! And I didn't use any genjutsu until later, knowing she could stop it! I'm not a fucking idiot, Miroru! Yes, I can be reckless! Yes, I can be prideful! Yes, I can be easy to anger at certain times, but tell me... Have I ever giving you something you couldn't handle?! No?! I even hold back constantly in our spars to not hurt you, or believe me, you would be in the hospital a lot sooner!" She screamed. Her chest started to hurt, and she gripped it, deactivating her Sharingan in the process.

Breathing heavily, she took another pause. She wanted to prove that she was wronged in a sense and there was more nuance than the dipshits around her wanted to take a look at so badly, she was overexerting her own body just to do so. She was frustrated with all of this. "I do take responsibility! Do you think I'm too fucking stupid to not see my own flaws and mistakes?! Huh?! Do you really think I can't see where I went wrong?! But of course only I was in the wrong..." She shook her head, still gripping her chest and breathing heavily.

She was so filled with emotions, she actually managed to stand, although not the best, her legs trembling. She stood her ground either way. "I've also been there for you! When no other Uchiha would see your true potential, other than Issei-sama, I was always on your side, and even though I'm angry at you, I always will be, no matter what!" Tokaku said, still crying and letting her passion flow. "But let's be clear, I wasn't just hurt she almost killed me! And even afterwards, she gave my father my sword back with a note saying next time she will kill me! Don't believe me, ask him yourself!" Tokaku went on, her eyes blurring now.

"I was never aiming to even harm her, especially not to the degree she harmed me, not matter how angry I was at her, but that didn't stop her from escalating the way she did! Yet she's the fucking victim?! Give me a fucking break... I might not be perfect, but that should be bullshit! Yet apparently, I'm the only one who sees it as such! I'm sorry if you felt like I was trying to deceive you and I'm sorry for what I did, but that should not excuse Azarea completely!" She hissed on the final sentence through her clenched teeth.

"I'll be more careful in the future, something I already knew I need to do, but apparently you need to hear it from me! I, Uchiha Tokaku will vow to be more careful with my fireball jutsu in the future! If I can even use it without flackbacks now to begin with! But let me get one fucking thing clear, she is no sister of mine! You are, Shinde is, she isn't! I'm sorry for putting her in potential danger, especially because now I know you care for you... But please, don't excuse her or let her off the hook completely, if you need proof, I can learn a genjutsu and show you everything, I can take a lie detector, I'll show you the note too... Since apparently, I'm a giant fucking liar now even though I never had been one before..." She said, her body now trembling.

"I-I--!" Her eyes widened as she looked at Miroru. She pushed herself too much, her body didn't like it and could no longer take it. She lost consciousness for only a few seconds then fell towards the ground, without the ability to catch herself. She wouldn't collapse and she would pick herself up slightly and look at Tokaku, breathing heavily as she waited for a response, one eye shut and the other barely half open.

------------

OOC:
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Jutsu Used:

[/b][/b][/div][/blockquote][/div]
last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Feb 26, 2023 17:36:32 GMT -5
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 19:01:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 920 | notes

"Wait, don't-" Miroru tried to interject as Tokaku tore the sensors off her body, flatlining the monitor and starting an invisible countdown until they had nurses in here for sure. She flinched, hard, when Tokaku accused her of not caring, but gave her the same courtesy of allowing her to get through what she wanted to say.

Suspicious~ sure. Then why didn't she inform anyone of her suspicion? Why go off alone to investigate this mysterious individual who could be easily anything from a Chuunin to an elite Jounin infiltrator?

Miroru tried not to take the bait this time. Resisted the urge to throw the questions in Tokaku's face, jaw tight as she let her continue.

Blackmailing? Miroru screwed her face up, clearly not entirely buying the idea of Azarea presenting herself as a blackmailer believably enough to merit an offensive. But, again, she held her tongue, even as the Old Fox laughed scornfully in the back of her head.

"I'm not acting like she's blameless, I'm mad at her too, and I'm definitely not at all happy that she made you put yourself in the hospital- but she isn't here, Tokaku, and she isn't the one that made attempts on the lives of the people I care about, so she isn't the one I'm yelling at right now. You did those things, and despite very much caring about you, I have every right to be angry at you."

Miroru threw her hands up when Tokaku used Azarea's competence as an excuse for her actions. "That doesn't defend your actions! You didn't know she could break out of your jutsu when you tried to pin her in place! Almost every other genin on the planet would have been pinned in place and cooked! Do you understand that the outcome does not in any way excuse your motives or actions?"

"And sure! Okay! She egged you on, but you're still responsible for your actions! Believe me, I understand what it's like to have someone pushing you and pushing you and PUSHING you to do the wrong thing, to break every rule you know and run rampant, but it is our responsibility, to our village, to our clan and to ourselves, to master ourselves and refuse to be manipulated! And I'm not saying that from some high horse, I have failed at that and people I care about paid the price dearly!"

Tokaku claiming she didn't use Genjutsu until she knew Azarea could break free of it left Miroru's face flashing back into an angry scowl. "You want to stop lying to me, right now. I'll walk out that door, you lie to me again."

The Old Fox CACKLED when Tokaku stated she'd been holding back or she'd have put Miroru in the hospital. It was all Miroru could do to keep her expression flat and tight without saying a word, and her expression did soften a bit as Tokaku stated she'd been there for her, and she relented a touch. "You have been, and I never said you weren't. I was just explaining who Azarea was to me. I'm sorry if I let it seem like you weren't there, too."

But she went right back to exasperated a moment later as she pointed out she'd almost been killed. "She almost killed you using a technique you were trying to use on her, Tokaku, do you seriously not see why that isn't a point in anyone's favor??? You can't criticize her for making you deal with the effects of a jutsu you were perfectly willing to use on her. Any point you want to make about that being brutal or vicious of her, you have to apply to yourself first!"

Miroru's hackles shot up when Tokaku claimed she'd never been aiming to harm her, forced to turn away as she felt her pupils narrow and constrict into vulpine slits. She was lying again. "You. Used. The Jutsu! MORE than once! You are lying to ME and YOURSELF if you think you weren't trying to harm her, ESPECIALLY when you say not to the extent you were injured! SHE. TURNED. YOUR JUTSU. BACK. You suffered what you were trying to inflict on her!"

Miroru calmed herself... enough. Enough to relax her eyes. Enough not to give herself away when she turned around to face Tokaku. Enough to dart forward in shock as Tokaku lost consciousness, keeping her from dropping off her feet, and stepping back after, gritting her teeth and meeting Tokaku's gaze.

"You want me to hold Azarea responsible? Fine. Here's the deal, Tokaku. Both of you had opportunities to de-escalate and neither took it. You tried to use that jutsu on her twice. She broke your nose and turned the jutsu back. So here's how this is gonna go.

You tell me how I should look at her for turning that fireball on you.
And then remember that you were so willing to do that to her, you tried it twice.
And realize that whatever viciousness, whatever brutality, you want me to assign to her for that?
You get in equal measure.
So tell me.
Do you think I should look at my sisters as brutal, vicious killers who can't be trusted not to burn everyone they know to the ground over insults and threats?
Or should I forgive both of you?"

MISSIONS
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 26, 2023 21:38:18 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku was still steaming but heard her little sister out. She was breathing heavily on the ground as Miroru helped to keep her from falling completely. She crawled to the edge of her bed and struggled to pull herself up, managing to sit back on her bed and tried to sit back down, facing Miroru's direction. She did not feel very good. This was putting a great deal of stress on her mentally and physically. She took deep and labored breathes, trying to calm herself and stay focused.

"I wasn't trying to fucking kill her! She dodged the first one easily... The distance we had allowed for that, Miroru, again, I know how to fight... During that exchange, she put me under genjutsu and was able to use another jutsu to easily speed her movements up... I only used the fireball again after that with that in mind..." Tokaku explained, trying to keep calm. "As for Itsuki-chan, that was a complete accident... I was originally only aiming for Honno-sensei, as I knew he was a Hyuuga and could dodge it or use Rotation like Shigure-sama to deal with it... I was only trying to make an opening..." She said thinking back.

"He didn't tell me what he was going to do beforehand... And when we attacked at the same time... He went straight forward to Honno-sensei... so he put himself in front of my jutsu... I already apologized with him... It wasn't fully his fault... He could've told me his attack plan and I-I should've told him I'm usually a mid to long range fighter... It was an error in communication that I still feel bad about..." Tokaku admitted, showing her guilt in her eyes and facial expression. When she talked about not knowing she shook her head and looked at her, coughing a little before speaking.

"That's not entirely true either... I quickly picked up that she was a genjutsu specialist like me earily on... Not only that but my Sharingan noticed something... She has a constant flow of chakra pulsing off of her... It-- It reminded me of my father... He has-he has an ability and jutsu that makes him a powerful sensor... I suspected that she is like him... Her breaking out of it confirmed my suspicions... Also, I only have one genjutsu that paralyzes, the one I taught you... However, it doesn't even fully paralyze..." Tokaku explained, looking at Miroru in the eye to show that she was committed to telling the truth and her side.

"Azarea is downplaying how much danger she was truly in... The genjutsu I used only makes someone slightly slower... However, you can still fully move and jutsu that could boost your movement would have still worked..." She said pausing to have a coughing fit. She had to stop herself for a moment as she felt the urge to vomit. She was feeling the toll of getting so worked up. Closing her eyes she would take a minute to continue. "With this in mind, while yes, FINE, maybe I should've used something that wouldn't have restricted her movements as much... I thought that she would just realize she was under genjutsu and use the same thing as before to dodge..." Tokaku continued, her eyes looking down.

"If you think I'm lying, ask her yourself... I know she has that ability! And I know she's playing up the danger! She had plenty of ways to counter the second fireball... She proved that once, so I knew she could have done something again... The results speak for themselves, don't they?! Again, who is without a scratch... Anyone else who wasn't an enemy, I would have not done that to... You know that I can gage my opponents well... Not always perfect, but well enough..." She kept on, somewhat stubborn as she didn't want to fully admit her being blinded by her ongoing hatred.

She was afraid of the idea that her hatred would make her a monster. She was confused on her saying she knew what it was like to have someone pushing her. "Is someone in the Uchiha clan bullying you?! Who is pushing you like that?! What do you mean..." She asked actually confused on what the younger Uchiha meant. She knew that she didn't have the curse of hatred. That was something Uchiha who had unlocked the Sharingan usually had. Pushing the urge to vomit back down she would explain herself more.

She did nod to show she understood what she was saying. She needed to control herself in the future. "...Fine in the future I'll try to control myself better when being taunted..." She said, although she wasn't sure that would be easy, nor how well she could keep that promise. "She. Had. A fucking. Wire. Around. My. Neck! Like someone ready to be hanged! I could barely even breathe! I was aiming not at her but to burn the wire and force her to let. Me Go! She took my sword away, I was desperate to escape, I was choking for fuck's sake! Quit acting like you were there!" She practically hissed at Miroru.

Her eyes had a flash of terror when she spoke, as she had trauma tied to being choked out before she was being burned! A tear came back to her eye. "Why the hell are you blindly just believing her and what she says?! Goddamnit! I'm explaining my fucking actions and thought process! Not excusing them! If you can't handle that then just fucking le--" She was about to say leave, but she cut herself off as she didn't want to regret saying something she fully didn't mean.

She was silent for a moment. "Look, I'm giving you my version but you're being really stubborn... The fact is you weren't fucking there... You don't really know what was going on in my head or what really happened in the fight... Or what was said... No one does... I'm sick and tired of people thinking I'm some fucking monster who's just firing fireballs like a reckless moron, trying to kill everyone! I'm tired of people thinking they know me better than I fucking do! I'm tired of people lying! Why can't you go confirm everything yourself?! Huh?! I don't mind admitting my mistakes and fixing my behavior, but fucking shit people are not treating me right!" Tokaku said, her temper flaring again.

"Fun fact, my fire had never harmed a single person who wasn't a clone or a enemy! So, what, because of two incidents, now I'm a fucking fire breathing dragon hellbent on just trying to burn everyone alive or some shit?!" She was getting worked up again. Her depression, hatred and anger finally resulted in a long overdue mental meltdown. She tried to calm down but found it harder and harder. But she closed her eyes and stayed silent breathing for a minute as she took in what the last thing Miroru said.

She didn't reply for a long while, instead, she got right back into bed and relaxed, turning her head to the window. "Fine... I'll take responsibility for using the stupid fucking fireball on her and admit I wanted to kill her because apparently that's who the fuck I am now, weather its true or not, everyone hates me or whatever anyways... So, what does it really matter anymore? Only if you confront her about what I said... She's misleading you on this and not telling the whole story in my eyes... She's downplaying how much real danger she was in... And as a friend, a Uchiha, as a sister, I do think you should at the very least ask her if the blackmailing is true and if the fact that she is immune to genjutsu is true..." She said bitterly.

She was done with everyone. For months she had been depressed because of previous trauma. It was currently bubbling up and the yelling and emotions they've been sharing finally resulted in her coming clean about what's really been in her head. But she stopped herself. "You win... I want you to forgive us both and drop it... Do know however, she did write a note to my father saying if she sees me again, she will kill me... So do with that what you will..." She said a singular tear forming from her eye.

------------

OOC:
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Jutsu Used:

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Feb 27, 2023 15:23:32 GMT -5
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 28, 2023 11:09:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"scorched earth".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

CONFLICT

Shigure, was a skilled Jounin of the Hidden Leaf Village, and as such, he had a responsibility towards all of his kohais. He was stationed in Kuwana to help protect them while the Chuunin Exam was taking place. While that allowed him to quickly take Tokaku to the hospital so she could heal from her terrible injuries, it also left a very bitter taste in his mouth. He had witnessed with his Byakugan, all of their altercation, and that made him harbour some conflicting feelings inside of his heart.

The Hyuuga made his way to the hospital to visit Tokaku, but somehow, his steps were slow, he was taking his time, almost as if he didn't want to be there. Shigure couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions as he walked down the hospital corridor, knowing that Tokaku had been hurt in battle.

As he reached the door to Tokaku's room, Shigure hesitated. He didn't know if he was ready to face the young Uchiha yet. Although he was one of his old friends, Tokaku had been reckless during their recent training and had attacked Azarea, who was arguably one of the worst people she could've messed with, considering their deep and dramatic background as estranged daughters of Hatake Toshizou. In doing so, she had been injured, and Shigure couldn't help but feel partially responsible for not having trained her better, both physically, but mainly, psychologically.

On the other hand, Shigure also felt sorry for Tokaku. He knew that the Uchiha had acted impulsively, but he also knew that she was a talented shinobi who had a lot of potential. He couldn't help but wonder if he had let her down as her a Jounin and a friend.

As Shigure stood outside the door, he couldn't help but reflect on the incident. He knew that he needed to address the situation with Tokaku and make sure she understood the consequences of her actions. But at the same time, he also needed to be there for her as a mentor and offer his support. However, before he could enter the room, he managed to overheard some of her conversation with Miroru, he kin and also friend. He held his breathe as he listened to their exchange, which just further lit aflame the emotions he was trying his best to keep at bay in his heart.

Ultimately, he knew he had to go in. Taking a deep breath, Shigure finally pushed open the door and entered the room. Tokaku was lying in a hospital bed, and Miroru standing nearby. "How are you feeling, Tokaku? he asked her, a serious tone, very unlike himelf, who was often kind and friendly.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Kuwana's Hospital
Tokaku's room
[ ]
[448 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 28, 2023 13:31:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
"Tokaku..." Miroru sighed hard. "We have extremely different ideas of what's acceptable, I guess. I'd never use my strongest techniques in a sparring match with an equal. -Never-, Tokaku. I won't roll the dice on someone else seeing another sunrise with nothing more than "I thought they'd dodge" to explain myself when they're gone. If I use a jutsu, and it kills someone when it wasn't supposed to, it's my fault for using it, not theirs for failing to avoid it. I'm holding you to the same standard I hold myself to. Besides, I- I'm not sure which is scarier. The idea that you'd have been willing to put Azarea through-" She gestured to Tokaku herself, scorched all over. "-this... or that you 'risked' putting both Itsuki and Azarea through this without meaning to injure either of them at all. That's... that's REALLY scary, Tokaku-chan, in EITHER case."

She thinned her lips a bit. "And I get that battle is a constantly evolving field, but that's why it's important to use jutsu you're willing to hit your targets with. I appreciate that you apologized, but this all just makes it seem like..." She shrugged her shoulders helplessly. "I mean, I don't know what to say, Tokaku, if all this, if you never intended to hurt your teacher, your teammate, or your sister, and threw that jutsu at all of them... the best I can take from that is you're incredibly careless if your intent was no harm at all, and you still made the choice to risk every one of their lives with that technique."

Miroru was left just rubbing her forehead as Tokaku repeatedly leaned on "I thought she'd dodge" to excuse using lethal techniques. She couldn't even respond to it anymore, it'd just be rehashing the same thing over and over. "I don't -know- what to think, Tokaku, I'm stuck between not believing what you're saying and instead believing you're careless enough to repeatedly make the mistake of hurling lethal techniques at people you yourself claim you never wanted to hurt. If you want to insist you aren't lying, you're not leaving me many other places to see how you got into these situations."

Tokaku pouncing on her admitting the pressure she was under left Miroru looking away. "It's- not any of our relatives. It's part of the training I'm undergoing with your father." True- skewed, but as true as Miroru could admit. "He's helping me learn to keep to my path even under that sort of extreme pressure to break away from it, so of course it involves feeling that pressure directly."

Miroru went silent again as Tokaku lost her temper, as she flashed back into the moment, and started harping on Miroru not having been present. "No. I wasn't there. But if you've listened, what I'm angriest about isn't the details, we're only discussing them because you keep trying to use them to excuse yourself.

The bottom line, which I've tried to say more than once, is that at the end of the day, you were throwing lethal jutsus at people I care about. And you can either say that you meant them no harm and just assumed they'd all be absolutely fine, which admittedly they are, but still leaves me feeling like you're not taking your responsibility to account for the wellbeing of the people around you seriously- or I have to assume you DID want to hurt at LEAST the person you tried three times to hit with that move, in which case you haven't been honest.

And I'm really not sure which upsets me more."

Miroru took one last long deep breath as Tokaku asked to have it dropped and forgive the both of them. "I'll talk her out of that. I sincerely doubt she'll want to see you, but there's got to be some wiggle room so you two don't end up fighting again just from crossing paths."

Ugh. The catfisting brat is here.

Miroru lifted her head and glanced towards the door as Shigure stepped in, taking a step back to let him take center stage. She fussed with the flowers to try to make them pretty from Tokaku's angle as best she could.

MISSIONS
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 28, 2023 18:03:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku listened to Miroru and sighed, finally getting it. Turning her head back she shook it. "Perhaps you're right... My mother taught me the jutsu at a young age. I was only an academy student when I learned it, probably ten years old or so... To prove that I could wear the Uchiha clan symbol proudly, I had to learn it and show her... But that wasn't good enough. I had to not only use it to kill a bear, but I had to counter her own fireball... So maybe I justify using it as, if I could dodge and find ways around it, then other should too..." Tokaku admitted to Miroru, finally stop being stubborn and relenting to her reasoning.

"I stand by that I wasn't trying to kill or seriously hurt anyone with it though... Why should I have taken it to consideration before? If a ten-year-old can counter or dodge it, I guess I never saw what the big deal was if I used it on others who are supposed to be on my level. it isn't the fasted moving jutsu if coming from a distance after all... Alright. I'll try to not use it as recklessly anymore then I guess... However, I don't think that matters now, as it'd be a long time until I can overcome my current fear of fire... I'll be learning a new element until then." She said, her eyes looking down at her body and hands, balling them into fists.

When she talked about her father, something didn't seem right, making her raise a brow and then closing her eyes, activating her Sharingan. Miroru didn't look at her when she said it at first. She noticed something before when they last had a mission. Something about her chakra was different. Her eyes scanned and analyzed the younger Uchiha. Her chakra had a change, she could tell. It wasn't as it used to be. There seemed to be something different. In fact, now taking a better look, she could tell something about Miroru was different. If her father was training her, then it had to be about that.

"Miroru-chan... I want you to be honest with me. I've done so with you, now you need to do so with me, as this is a two way street. My Sharingan had been picking up something different about your chakra... Not to mention, outa-sama wouldn't train you like that unless there was something-- What are you hiding from me? Keep in mind, my Sharingan can tell me if you lie, even a half one, so keep that in mind. I won't hate you, whatever it is. I promise. Nor will I tell anyone, if that's what you want. But if want me to be honest with you, you have to do the same." Tokaku said with a serious tone.

When she talked about Azarea, she sighed. "I don't want to see her either. But yes, I rather not have to defend myself if she comes at me because we crossed paths... I'm keeping what she said in mind, however. If I see her again and the moment, I even feel she will be a threat, I may not try to kill her out of respect for you, Kizumi-sama, outa-sama and Shigure-sama, but you may see one of your sisters either dead or injured worse than before... I don't want that. So, she needs to get over whatever the fuck her hang ups with my father are and get over herself. I'll also try to shove down my hated for you. I'll do anything for you want me to in order to make this up to you." She said, trying to finally meet eye to eye with Miroru.

Just then, Shigure-sama came in, joining the two as Miroru fixed up the flowers. She kept her Sharingan up and didn't take her eyes off of either of them. She wanted Miroru to be truthful with her first. Though if she wanted to tell her later, she would deactivate her Sharingan. "Shigure-sama... I'm fine, if you ignore the fact, I'm in a lot of pain from the nerve damage I'm healing from, making what I touch feel like I'm holding sharp glass... Or about not being able to go to the bathroom by myself because I'm not allowed to walk yet... Flack backs and nightmares also suck... Pain meds make me feel sick and vomit... Haven't showered in a bit, so I know I probably stink... So yeah, just dandy..." Tokaku said sarcastically and bitterly.

She sighed and shook her head. "I apologize, that was unwarranted... I'll recover after another week or so here, then about two weeks of rehab. Then I should be able to get back to my training and missions. Speaking of both of you better help me get back into shape... I have to prepare for the next Chuunin Exams..." Tokaku replied to him, being more honest.

------------

OOC:
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Jutsu Used:

Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Feb 28, 2023 18:15:07 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"scorched earth".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

FEELINGS

Shigure had heard enough from their conversation to hear her question, but he decided to greet her first before saying anything about the matter. Her answer, however, hit somewhere close to home, for he had recently recovered from terrible injuries, injuries that nearly cost him his life. "I understand. After fighting my father, I got extremely close to death. Having three-hundred and fifty-six of my Tenketsus closed, plus all the internal damage I suffered... If it wasn't for Wahei, I would've been dead. And even after that, it took me weeks to fully recover." he sighed, shaking his head and resting his hands on his waist. "I wish I had arrived sooner, but at the same time... What you did was reckless. I hope you learned from it. And I do hope you recover soon for the next Chuunin Exam." he added with a short nod. Shigure knew way more about the upcoming Chuunin Exams than he was comfortable sharing, so he dropped the subject right there.

However, he had to address what Tokaku had asked Miroru just before he entered the room. "By the way, regarding Miroru-chan. Unfortunately, you cannot ask her that question. Don't press her either, that's the Hokage's orders. Think of it what you may, but only few people have any clearence here, and the fact I'm sharing even this with you... It's a sign I still care enough about you to bother explaining anything." he added. It was clear he wasn't entirely happy with Tokaku, but he was doing his very best to remember his childhood friend for who she was, rather than the person she was becoming by being too close to Hatake Toshizou. "Far from me to tell you how to handle your own family. And I do not feel happy badmouthing Toshizou-sama. He helped me a few times, and for that I am grateful... But... Don't try to be like him, Tokaku. You are better than that. He is not someone you would like to follow. I'm saying this as a friend, and as a Jounin from the Leaf. He has a type of darkness in him, one that will end up killing all of your light, and will end up pushing everyone away. Just like he did to you, to Azarea, to Shinde-chan as well." he warned her.

Shigure didn't hate Toshizou, but he knew him well enough to know that nobody should aspire to be like him. It was a very dark path to follow, and one that would only bring you pain.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Kuwana's Hospital
Tokaku's room
[ ]
[423 words]
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Mar 1, 2023 2:19:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
Miroru's expression soured at the bit about wearing the clan symbol proudly. She still didn't have any clothing that displayed the clan sigil- she supposed probably just another symptom of the clan's neglect of those it didn't suspect of being exceptional. "I can understand better how you got where you are with that. Just- going forward, please promise you won't take risks like that anymore. Never use a jutsu you're not willing to hit with. It's a really important rule to live by." She didn't comment on Tokaku trying to justify it again by building up how easy it was to avoid. Her lips narrowed and she glanced aside, trying to stick to her agreement to drop the matter.

Getting pinned down with questions, though, made her immediately, distinctly uncomfortable. "There's a big difference between being honest about a conversation topic we're already engaged and involved in, and insisting on full disclosure about a topic I'm not comfortable going into detail on. I'll be honest in admitting that this isn't something I can discuss. But that's all I can say. I'm sorry if you think that's dishonest."

"I think it'd be best if you could both overcome your issues with each other. Maybe you'll never be a proper family- but it'd be best if at least it wasn't a source of conflict. I'll make sure she doesn't stick to that nonsense about killing you on sight. Just- try to be civil, if you cross paths, and if you want to seek her out, write and ask to see her instead of tracking her down, okay..?"

She looked away as Tokaku spoke of how badly injured she was, and back as she asked for help recovering. "Don't worry. Once you're released, I'll help you train. We'll even find some basic missions we can do by ourselves, okay?"

She let Shigure say what he would. She sincerely hoped that with both of them indicating it was a Hokage-sealed secret, Tokaku would let it rest. She worried she wouldn't- but it wasn't something she could control. And hearing that the darkness in Toshizou wasn't something she had imagined... was a little reassuring. She'd always felt his attitude towards her was fundamentally broken, but worried she was biased.

MISSIONS
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Mar 1, 2023 4:08:14 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

She nodded, finally ending the conversation. "Alright… I'll make sure I do better in the future. I'll even prove it to you after I'm better. I like to grow and learn from my mistakes. Or at the very least, I try to." She said with full sincerity. With that out of the way, she was told by Shigure-sama his own brush of death, making her wince slightly. She couldn't understand as it is not the injuries she went through, as he couldn't understand what she went through. But, they could at least meet at the idea that they came close to death's door and could empathize.

"I-I'm sorry that happened to you, Shigure-sama… I can't fathom such a thing. But at least we share an experience of what it's like to be so close to death. We're lucky we're alive…" She said, her eyes looking down. On the topic of the apparently big secret they kept from her. She moved her eyes to both of them, staring for a moment. Sighing deeply, in frustration, she closed her eyes, opening them again to reveal their usual black. "Fine… Keep your secrets then…" She said, trying to drop it. Internally, she knew she would try to find out what they were hiding at some point. One way or another. But that would be at a later date.

On the topic of her and Azarea getting along she shook her head. "You need to realize, she said it herself that she doesn't care about our blood relation. We're not sisters. Well probably never will be. I don't wish to bother if she doesn't. That's fine though, I have you and Shinde-chan. As well as whomever else outa-sama unleashed to this world. That being said. I picked up that we should at least try to be decent to each other, more because of our shared connections than anything… In that respect, I will try, but that is not a promise. Whatever outa-sama had done to her, she seems to blame all of us for us, even though I did nothing to deserve it… Nor did any of her kin. It's her responsibility to direct her wrath to where it is deserved." Tokaku explained, given her interaction with Azarea.

"She is broken, like me. That is reality. I'm not sure if it can be fixed unless she wishes it to be." She added, thinking about how her older sister had acted. With the matter of the Chuunin Exams she nodded. "I have to succeed next time… This will be my fourth failure… I hate failure. It reminds me of my weaknesses and shortcomings… Now that I've been held back recently, I have to make up. Double my training and missions… How fun." She said, visibly frustrated and somber, using sarcasm again with her last sentence.

She just wanted to be a chuunin already. She was too strong and being held back as a genin. She was falling behind. She hated that. On the topic of her father, her face darkened. "If you think I'm following his path, you're mistaken slightly. I was born to darkness before he ever took me under his wing. It is my destiny set out by okāsan… Outa-sama is only helping me and I'm repaying him for reminding me and returning the meaning I thought was lost to me when okāsan died of her illness… I was left with no one at the time… When I was left alone with her corpse for almost three days before I snapped out of it and got someone… I was all alone… When I had no teammates… When I didn't have you, Miroru-chan and as I do now… Or you, Shigure-sama… Until I went to live with him… Then, I refound my meaning thanks to him… I was at least no longer alone… So, I guess will walk the path of darkness with him… At least he won't be in that darkness alone. That is my mission and that is my fate. There is nothing that will change that except my dying breath… It is the least I can do…" She spoke, her eyes growing dark as she stared at the both of them. However, they were only dark for a moment before they turned sorrowful and filled with the loneliness she has mostly kept to herself until now.

She brought her arms to hug herself as she finally let out who she felt she was whs what her path was. She didn't talk much about this, it was originally a secret kept. Until now. "If he is going to burden the darkness, then I'll help burden it with him…" She added, continuing. "I promise, however, to be careful, to try to not make similar mistakes. Maybe I'm wrong as well, maybe there is a different fate for me. Maybe I am confused… Maybe… I do not seem to know anymore…. You– Do you even know what the name okāsan gave me even means? Most people assume that it means 'rabbit horn', if written the usual way… My mother wrote it to mean 'impossible, something that should not exist'. She wanted me to become a strong shinobi, a tool for the village… Now, I guess I'll be a tool for outa-sama… As I don't know what else I'm supposed to be… All I know is I never want to be alone like that again… That is why I want to be like him… Perhaps I can shine some light in his darkness as Miroru does for me..." She said, finally admitting and showing how broken she really was underneath.

She turned away from their gaze, biting her lip as she was afraid of how they would react to seeing what really went on inside herself. Her pain and her inner turmoil. Inside, in spite of all of the pride she has, was a scared child who was wronged by a cold world. Tears formed from her eyes.

------------

OOC:

Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Jutsu Used:

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Mar 1, 2023 4:18:35 GMT -5
Scorched Earth (Tokaku/Miroru)Mar 1, 2023 10:26:24 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"scorched earth".

OUR PATH

Shigure would nod to her. "As shinobi, we will face death as an old friend more times than we can count, if we are lucky. And all we can do is try to learn from it." he added, as his mind remembered the first time he faced death, during the Chuunin Exams where his original team was slaughtered, and then again, when he fought against the Mizukage, and then Hyuuga Kayaku, and on some of the missions he took part in, and finally, at the hands of his own father during that fateful night. All those times, he felt like he was truly going to die, and he would, if not for the interference of others. And he could only hope Tokaku would emerge stronger from this, both physically, and psychologically.

Fortunately, she seemed to have dropped the subject regarding Miroru, and instead, they focused once again on what had happened between her and Azarea. "What your father did to her was horrible. It is something that angers me every time I think about it. But I don't see a point in dwelling over this topic. Just leave her be." and yes, they were broken, they all were, as they were part of this accursed shinobi world. Tokaku was bitter with the feeling of failure, and when she mentioned this was her fourth failure, he understood she meant it as a Chuunin Exam, and he sighed, nodding to her. "You do know I failed three times before I finally passed, right? And now I'm a respected Jounin. You can get there too. Failing is the best teacher. We learn very little from victory." he was trying to show her the silver lining, but he wasn't sure his words were truly reaching her. Still, all he could do was try.

What surprised him shortly after that was Tokaku claiming she wasn't following his path. Instead, she claimed to be born to darkness, and how Toshizou was the only one there for her when her mother died, and how she was grateful for him. Shigure sighed deeply. He could understand her sense of loyalty under these circumstances, even though he knew that Toshizou was not a good person. He had already taken Wahei from him, and to see Tokaku going down that path... It was painful, but it was not his call. "Perhaps you can... But be careful not to become darkness like your father... We don't need to carry their legacy. I can't speak for anybody but myself... But I'm breaking my father's legacy, I'm casting away Urashi's darkness over my clan. We can make our own way, Tokaku. And you won't be alone, as long as you don't push the people who care about you away." he said, placing his hand gently on the top of her head. "You should rest now. And heal. I will be checking on you later." and with those words, he would step back towards the door, pausing to look at Miroru and give the girl a bittersweet smile. "You've grown a lot." he said, with a hint of pride in his tone before leaving the hospital room.

Kuwana's Hospital
Potential exit post
[ ]
[525 words]