Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]

compose a reply
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 9, 2023 23:38:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 250 | notes

Miroru scampered along the rooftops towards one particular clan compound, her mind already set on what she was going to get up to today. As she often did, she scrambled up one of the trees along the wall of the clan compound, which evaded notice by exactly none of the clan's watchmen. In fact, if it hadn't been that familiar crop of red hair coming up over the wall's top, the reception would likely have been far less welcoming.
"Hey! Miroru-chan! What'd we tell you about scaling the walls?!"
"I didnnnnn't! I climbed the tree!"
"That's not the point! You're gonna scuff the shingles! We have gates for a reason, you little brat!"
"But then who's gonna keep you on your toes?! It's not like anybody ever really sneaks up on a Yamanaka!"
"... hmph. Go get Itsuki-kun AND USE THE GATES WHEN YOU LEAVE."
"HAIIIIIIIIIII!"
She hopped down off the walls and ran along the compound paths to Itsuki's family home, likely picked up by the fervent little sensor long before she actually got close enough for any formalities like knocking on doors or yelling for the petite boy. In fact, she even tested him, finding someplace to clamber high enough to get a view of his room- and a potential assassination perch! Would he notice in time!?
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,170 posts
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 10, 2023 4:28:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

It was a rare day that Itsuki didn't utilise his sensory abilities to the full extent, the young Yamanaka's desire for information enough to make the distractions of such a broad bubble of sensing worth it. As such, he knew Miroru was coming well before she even came into sight of the compound, he was well attuned to her chakra signature by this point after all. He could also sense her generally mischievous mindset and so tried to plan out just how he might catch her off guard.

Figuring his best friend was going to try and ambush him, Itsuki decided to set up his own counter-ambush, a wicked little grin on his face as he formed the handseals for a Bunshin that he promptly set on his bed, seemingly asleep, drool and all. He wanted the bait to be good after all. Next, he hopped out of his window, perching himself on the nearby house's roof to allow him to see well into his own room and keep an eye out for Miroru.

He was crouched on the wall to make sure she couldn't see the real him before she came into range of the Kase Genjitsu [Imposed Reality] that he had set up, intending to keep himself well out of her ability to detect. Once she had gotten close enough to be caught in the genjutsu, Itsuki would creep up on to the roof and start stalking towards her, hands raised and ready to strike...

With a tickle attack.

Word Count: 251
Tags:
Training: 1/8
Eleri has written 409 posts
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 10, 2023 18:51:19 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 207 | notes
"GYAAAAAH!"

Miroru shrieked as she was assaulted- assaulted, I say!- from stealth in an outright ambush and betrayal of companionably sensibilities! She howled in laughter, flopping and squirming and squidging around to try to get away mid-cackle, doing whatever she could think to get some room! Eventually, desperation led her to hurl herself off the roof and over a tree branch- far too tickled to land properly- oofing and draping herself there as she recovered.

"Oof... t-traitor..! Betrayal! Scoundrel of the highest order! How could you?! You know my tribe is vulnerable to Kusuguruton jutsus!" She scrambled up to flop onto the branch properly, spine along the wood, huffing and puffing as she caught her breath. "I just... came... to train..!" She complained as she finally sat up, groaning. "So mean, Itsuki-kun! See if I ever come to YOUR house for training again!"

Of course she would, she was here nearly daily when she wasn't off on an extended mission or training session. All bluff, no bite. But that's how she always was with Itsuki!

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Mar 10, 2023 18:51:35 GMT -5
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 10, 2023 19:08:32 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Flushed with success, and definitely nothing else, Itsuki held a victory pose and laughed in exaggerated triumph, mimicking the hearty laughter common to the Akimichi, an act which looked and sounded quite ridiculous coming from the tiny boy. "You wouldn't have landed on that roof at all if you hadn't been planning on ambushing me Mi-chi, so don't pretend I'm the scoundrel here!" he declared back, pointing dramatically in the girl's direction, "you're just mad you can't sneak up on me." 

Really, Miroru had far too much chakra to hide from a sensor as adept as the young Yamanka, even without the undertones of fire and hate that he only knew because he met the fuzzy little problem, she had the sort of energy that was hard to miss. She'd probably need to look into chakra jamming if she wanted to be even remotely successful in hiding from an active sensor.

"You definitely need to work on your observational skills though, you didn't even try to look out for any sort of trap," he said, a little more serious now. The redhead had practically screamed her presene as she'd come onto the roof, and then promptly avoiding any sort of hints that things weren't as they seemed.

His best friend might be an absolutely nightmare of a powerhouse combatant, but she definitely had areas that needed work. He did too, obviously, his own power significantly less potent. Something to keep working on really

Word Count: 243
Tags:
Training: 2/8

Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 11, 2023 3:09:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 303 | notes
"That laugh! You must be an Akimichi lapdog! To strike at me in allied territory! You and yours truly have gone mad with hunger! Hunger FOR SNACKS!" Miroru shouted up, brushing herself off and getting up. "And sure I would have! I wanted to... uh... be sure you were resting well! On account of... your... overly adept work habits..?" She snickered, expecting nothing but dismissal for her ridiculous lie.

"Of course, I didn't. I'm safe with your clan, Itsuki-kun. And I'd look all dopey and suspicious if I acted all paranoid. I already got yelled at by the guards for running on the wall instead of going through the gate... I didn't want to look MORE shady!" She protested. "Besides, I have you and the Bakenokawa for that, I don't need THAT much work on it... I can't do everything, we gotta cover each other's bases!"

That sounded believable!

"A-anyway! I came to see if you wanted to practice! I have a new super secret weapon jutsu, and... uh... I... kinda suck with it. I can USE it, it WORKS, but I move so stinkin' fast using it I just- I can't SEE fast enough to react right. I know I've got the response time, but I don't even register stuff in the way, it's like my vision's a snapshot after I start. So I need to work on my-"

She stopped midsentence and sucked her lips into her mouth, squinting at Itsuki, refusing to give him the benefit of stating she needed to work on her perception. It wasn't the same as observation skills- but she was sure he'd pounce!!!

MISSIONS
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 11, 2023 4:16:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Raising an eyebrow at Miroru's many excuses, shaking his head slightly to indicate his disbelief at her words. The mention of a new secret jutsu was intriguing and nearly distracted him from the sudden pause and a broad grin spread across his face, eyebrows waggling slightly so she'd know he had picked up on what she was going to say and would absolutely use it to claim that he told her so.

Instead of saying anything the boy simply stepped off the edge of the roof, the moment his feet touched the ground his gathered chakra and tensed muscles propelled him rapidly next to Miroru in a Shunpo, the Yamanaka blurring out of sight for a moment before reappearing next to her and poking her in the cheek.

"So, you got yet another super secret ability and you wanna work on makin it usable?" he asked, squinting and leaning into her face to stare at her, "a feat that requires you to have better situational awareness and, dare I say, visual acuity?" he asked, not saying the workd but hinting at it nonetheless. Leaning back quickly enough to give someone whiplash, Itsuki raised a hand to pull at one of his braids, thinking carefully.

"Well, I've been working on increasing my reaction speed to things, so perhaps we can both work on something useful at the same time. I wooooooould like to maybe learn this super secret jutsu of yours though~" he added, a slight pleading tone added to his words as he gave Miroru the best puppy dog eyes he could manage. They were pretty good if he did say so himself!

Word Count: 273
Tags:
Training: 3/8

Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 11, 2023 19:26:31 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 236 | notes
"I did! I invented it! But- yeah. It's really rough and hard to use as is. If I can trap someone or catch them off guard, it's a win button, but if they know I'm coming, as is, it's a big sign screaming "please murder me before I get to you"," she explained to Itsuki. "And I'll have you know it has more to do with the visual acuity, mister! I could be super situationally aware, but the moment I start moving, as is, my reflexes don't hardly matter cuz I can't see hardly anything until I finish," she protested in detail.

"AW, yeah! You working on your reaction times? I can help with that! I dunno if you can manage my technique, though. I've only ever seen you use-"
Miroru paused and tilted her head. "... actually, I don't think I've EVER seen you utilize any jutsu with chakra natures, actually. What IS yours?" She asked, clambering to her feet to face him properly, tilting her head curiously as she waited to hear just what he could and couldn't use! She didn't mind the idea of sharing what she'd learned with someone close to her, but she didn't know anyone else with Raiton nature.

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 13, 2023 5:09:32 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

"Sounds kinda like some of the clan jutsu..." Itsuki mused as he started to walk towards the nearest training ground alongside his friend, "best used when the person is unlikely to be able to dodge it. S'why we get paired with Nara and Akimichi so often, Nara can grab someone, and the Akimichi can keep us both safe while we're doin' that" he said with a shrug, "though doesn't seem like your jutsu is one that you want anyone near holding your target still..."

Miroru's declaration on chakra had him frown slightly, "it's an elemental jutsu then?" he asked, trying to figure out what kind of technique Miroru might have come up with that'd mix together everything she had mentioned with her lightning techniques. "I'm wind natured, but I guess I'll have to work to master Raiton too huh?" he said with a shrug, having thought about trying to pick up Katon to give himself some sort of more aggressive elemental jutsu.

Lightning worked too, and if his last month in the Academy proved anything, when Itsuki worked hard he could achieve crazy amounts of improvement.

"And you haven't seen me use things coz I'm way sneakier than you and use jutsu that aren't super obvious!" he declared, reaching out to poke the girl in the ribs just to prove that he could... assuming he actually could. He didn't mention that it sounded like her jutsu would have been really good if she had managed to unlock the Sharingan, because that was still a sore spot and definitely not a good thing to bring up. Besides, he was tired of the Uchiha who basically lorded over everyone because of their precious eyes.

He would help Miroru be the best Uchiha ever, that would show them.

Word Count: 295
Tags:
Training: 4/8

Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 13, 2023 13:56:35 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 286 | notes
"Oh, man, yeah, if we had a Nara buddy to just shadow-stitch someone down, that'd be amazing. For this jutsu, anyhow. I don't think very much would be amazing afterwards for them. It's-"

she felt
or rather, didn't feel
the rock
as her hand plunged into it
a hollow carved out for her hand instantly by the sheathe around her fingers
then it released
and blew the stone in

"- not really for subduing targets, if you follow my meaning." She considered Itsuki's words, and shook her head. "Not anyone I want to see the day after, anyway. I think it might be able to take out two people at once if they were close enough."

Elemental? She nodded firmly. "Oh, yup. It's part of how I pieced it together. I have a Raiton tech that holds energy in your throat or fist, and a Taijutsu tech that moves you really quick, and if you use Raiton-natured chakra to activate both at once, it's actually works- iiiiif you do enough handseals to naturallize the chakra first."

She swatted his hand away from her ribs- her sides were still sore from being tickled and throwing herself over a tree branch! "So that's the story! You wanna practice dodging fast stuff, while I practice perceiving your movements when I'm charging you? I won't use the hand controlling the Raiton, just my other one. I did it with Azarea before, it works really well- unless I want to hurt someone, then it's pretty trash, but that's the idea!"

MISSIONS
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 15, 2023 5:07:13 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

"I'd rather not get hit by your super deadly raiton jutsu thank you very much," he declared with a slight grin, "so you better not use the wrong hand!" Not trusting her to be careful didn't even cross Itsuki's mind. Miroru was his closest and greatest friend and he had every confidence in her, and that went up to and including being target practice for something she had already admitted was pretty dang deadly.

"Ok, so what sorta range are we looking at to start with? How exactly do you wanna do this?" he asked her curiously as they reached the training ground, already starting to stretch himself in preparation for what was likely to be quite an intensive workout. He didn't know quite how fast Miroru was going to be, but he knew that he didn't want to accidentally get hit by what sounded like a very, very lethal jutsu.

After his stretching, he moved on to doing a few cartwheels, handsprings, and flips just to really get his body properly warmed up, because if this went the way he was anticipating then he might need to use every possible maneuver he had just to get out of the way. Which should have been scary, but instead he just found exciting.

Word Count: 212
Tags:
Training: 5/8

last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Mar 15, 2023 5:07:40 GMT -5
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 15, 2023 22:32:33 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 211 | notes
"Don't worry. I'm not my cousin. I'm not gonna actually aim deadly jutsu your way," Miroru reassured, frowning crankily. She still wasn't very happy about that. Tokaku had apologized and promised to do better, and to her knowledge she had, but it was still upsetting that it had been a lesson she had to learn. It wasn't so much common sense as it was a matter of consideration and concern, and that it hadn't come naturally worried her badly.

"Medium range. It's real fast, but I need distance if I'm gonna try to train myself to respond to incoming attacks and obstacles en route. It's gonna be hard. Do you have stuff you can chuck at me that's not explosive or sharpened, maybe?" She asked, tilting her head curiously, giving him time to answer while he started limbering up. She did the same- it was a tremendously good idea, after all- so she started hopping in place and doing some stretches to ensure her legs were ready for the sheer nonsense that was the speed of the Chidori technique!

MISSIONS
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 16, 2023 2:57:26 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Frowning at the mention of his erstwhile teammate who not only nearly flambe'd him, but then tried to blame him for being in her way, Itsuki shook his head. "Mi-chi, I would never compare you to her, I was just teasing," he said. As if he would insult his best friend that way, not gonna happen.

Setting himself up at what could be considered a medium range, he made to scoop up some decent sized rocks off the ground as he did so, sticking them in hidden pockets of his clothing. "I don't carry blunt weapons round anymore," he said as he got into position, "but stones will work ne?" He tested the weight of them as he tossed them in the air a few times to get a good feel for the projectiles, "could use my jutsu to control them a bit too, but might be too hard for me to dodge."

Thinking on it for a few moments, the boy shrugged, "at any rate, I think you should use your jutsu a couple of times so I can get a feel for the speed and how badly I need to dodge, and after that we can add in the rocks. Whaddya think?" He really didn't want to overcomplicate things at the beginning, and dodging what sounded like a crazy fast jutsu while also trying to throw things accurately seemed like a little complex for the first try or so.

Word Count: 241
Tags:
Training: 6/8
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 16, 2023 21:40:29 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 220 | notes
"Aww, you really do care~" Miroru teased, socking him ever so gently on the shoulder with a rakish grin. "I appreciate your fond regard, o erstwhile companion of mine~"

"Yeah! Rocks are fine, just don't aim at my head, I guess!" Miroru chirped, unconcerned with her friend hurling chunks of solid sediment at her as she rushed in his direction. Had she considered how much harder they would hit after factoring in her speed towards them? Absolutely not. Would it have changed her mind?

Maybe a bit?

Itsuki had a fine idea, and Miroru nodded. "Yeah! Okay! Umm... use clone jutsu! Gimme something to aim for so I can show you what it looks like!" She called out, folding her fingers together and doing some stretches with them as well. She was gonna have to blow through the handseals more than a few times, after all... "Make a nice fluffy clone for me to pop when you're ready to get started, buddy! I'll show you what it looks like, but I can't use it all that many times- it's honestly pretty exhausting, for all the impact it has!"

MISSIONS
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 17, 2023 22:45:42 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki flushed slightly in response to the teasing, unable to prevent the light pink that dusted his cheeks. Thankfully, the conversation changed direction after that, so he could distract himself from that particular reaction and focus on what they were really here for, beating each other up! Training!

Much like Miroru, Itsuki wasn't considering the physics of throwing something right at someone who was moving towards him at high speed. He probably would have changed his mind if he knew... maybe. Possibly? Regardless, he shook his head slightly at Miroru even as he readied himself.

"A clone isn't gonna help me dodge, I gotta do it myself. You should come at me with your jutsu first, and I try and dodge. Then after I'm ok to do that, we can add in the rock throwing. If I just watch, it's not gonna do much for me" he said, nodding decisively as though he wasn't asking for her to attack him with a completely unknown raiton jutsu that she had already stated was highly likely to disintegrate people.

He trusted Miroru far too much for that to be a concern. Instead he just wanted to make sure he got in the proper levels of practice so that he was improving alongside her, because he wanted to get better, to become more powerful. That way he was better able to defend himself and those he cared about.

Word Count: 235
Tags:
Training: 7/8
Questions of Quickness [Training, Itsuki]Mar 21, 2023 21:37:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 247 | notes
When Itsuki recovered from trying to banish his blush, he caught Miroru smirking at him playfully, glancing away only AFTER she was sure he knew she'd seen the pink in his cheeks!

"Oh! Hm. I guess that's true. I was thinking of prioritizing safety! But that's fine, I can do this instead. Just, uh... don't make fun of the hand seals. There's a lot. I'm still figuring out how to whittle it down, but I basically patched two techniques together, so... cut me some slack!"

Miroru backs off a good ways, well aware that Itsuki is going to need room to see this coming and dodge, crouching to do a set of hand seals. She's quick, but there's more than a half dozen seals to perform!

https://media.tenor.com/d7O8vA1fWLIAAAAd/chidori-naruto.gif

Raiton chakra floods around her hand, so intensely dense that Itsuki doesn't even need his sensory capabilities to see the blue lightning coursing around her hand! Her eyes flick up towards Itsuki-

And in a heartbeat, she's already almost entirely across the distance between them, opting to lead with her shoulder so she can hold the scathing lightning away from his body! In that split second, he can see the smoking crater around where she'd simply been HOLDING her hand! But there was no time for that! Time to dodge!!!

MISSIONS