The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 Kai

compose a reply
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 14, 2023 23:24:39 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
A soft shrug as Kai moved forward, his body returning to its calm, relaxed state as he decided it was time to act cool. After all, if you just got all flushed up all the time, you tended to be a rather unattractive person. At least that's how he saw it.

"Eh... It's no big deal. You're not missing out on much. It's just a bunch of paperwork and stress in there, from what I hear." He complained idly as he waved his hand. In his opinion, the further you went up in rank, the more responsibility was on your back. And considering how high up being a Kage was? Yeah, miss him with that action.

"Of course you are! You can walk right up it if you want, the views are pretty great from the top." He explained as they made their way through the busy streets. "The breeze gets pretty great up there as well, which really helps on hot days. Just have to avoid getting sunburned, I suppose." He idly mentioned, the thought crossing his mind that he'd likely been burned more then once in the past. And today was a really sunny day, so...

Hrm. They'd find shade.

"Do you know how to walk up trees yet? If not, it's going to be quite the climb for you." He remarked with a sly smirk, placing his hands at his hips as they had finally reached the tree. Surrounding it was a rather pleasant park, where all types of people were playing or training. A very communal area, in a sense, with the large oak itself towering high above many of the buildings in Konoha, giving a great view all around it, with a trunk that was large enough to fit a small condo inside of.

"It's fine, by the way. I've just been training with weights, to get used to wearing armor..." He said, as he pulled his hoodie aside slightly, revealing the thick plated weight below it. A good way to help get used to walking around in armor was actually walking around in it, but he didn't really have the money to purchase a custom set right now.
Caelum has written 214 posts
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 15, 2023 19:00:15 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

"I can…in theory,” Sachi muttered, averting her gaze from him, her lack of confidence evident. "It’s just unreliable.”

Her chakra control was better than some of her peers, but her lack of psychical practice has left it, sore fully untrained.

"I've managed it before with moderate success, but the moment I lose focus, I come tumbling down," She clumsily explained, her smile awkward as she sighed and toyed with the tail ends of her hair. ""I have to dedicate 100% of my focus to it, and that's quite challenging with any sort of outside interference."

Then, her gaze shifted to him, and she glanced at the weights peeking out from Kai's hood.

"You know," she suggested nonchalantly, a sudden shift from mild embarrassment to a bright and childlike deviousness.

"You could just carry me up the tree. Since you're already weight training, this is the perfect opportunity." Her perilous blue eyes locked onto his, gazing directly into his mismatched ones.

"I weigh about 44kg, and that should be easy for someone of your height and caliber. It would take me forever to do it myself, and we've only got until sundown." The reason for her desire to ascend the tree was evident and simple. She yearned to etch the entire layout of Konohagakure into her memory—or at least as much as she could see from the tree. Once it was firmly imprinted in her mind, she knew she would never forget it. "What do you say?"  

--🌸--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here:

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 15, 2023 21:50:46 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
In theory. He glanced over at her suspiciously as she spoke about theoretically being able to walk up the tree. Yeah, that told him everything he needed to know. She couldn't tree walk yet. That was something he, or someone else, would definitely have to teach her.

"Tree walking is important you know. I could help you learn, I know a trick to it that makes it super eaaaaa-" He held on that when she gently spoke over him with that curious suggestion. Clearing his throat, Kai glanced back at the tree, his face as red as the sharingan he spoke of, avoiding eye contact.

Correction, trying to avoid eye contact. She was onto him, wasn't she? She'd already cracked the code on his attraction. Well... In some ways, it certainly made things easier for him. He tried to play it cool though, running his hand softly through his hair as he looked back at her.

Be brave, Kai. Sloths are known for their bravery, right? ... You had to be pretty brave to sit in a tree upside down all day. Probably. Shaking his head, he chuckled, once again looking into her beautiful blue eyes.

Attractive was really understating it. The truth was, Sachi was... Well, she was Kai's ideal standard of beauty. From her twintails to her beautiful blue eyes, to the very way she simply presented herself- Traditional yet organic... He couldn't keep playing pretend here- She was making him swoon.

"...Heh... Easily. I'll even keep the weights on." He toyed back to her, as he stepped up to the tree. He waited for her to stand close to him- Taking a deep breath as he calmed down, and very much intended to carry her right up that tree in a princess carry style. She could have easily been a princess anyways. She certainly had the attitude and looks for one.

Assuming his approach was okay, and his style was fine, he'd lift her up, staying very conscious to keep her closely to his body. He didn't dare say anything- It was obvious from the way he looked at her and the tree and himself that he was working himself twice as hard, not just to carry her, but to carry her respectfully.

One foot against the tree, chakra pushing through the edges, and he was moving up it, with her held in arms.

"I'll go slow, so you can see the village behind me." He said, almost so quiet it might have been a mouse speaking. She knew what she was doing, didn't she.

... Well, Kai was just crazy enough to play that game!
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 16, 2023 18:21:56 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

"Wait, wha- Eh!?” Sachi exclaimed in flabbergasted surprise as she was--quite literally--swept off her feet by the older Genin, her face becoming flushed from ear to ear. Due to the incline, gravity forced her side onto his body, making her feel awkward as this princess carry was distorted by walking up a tree.

"T-the-this isn’t w-what I meant at all…. I’m so embarrassed. There are people watching too.” She thought to herself, startled, slender fingers grasping onto his shoulders as she stared down the tree, face warm from the blood rushing to her head. 

"He is…way too close…”
She never had such close physical contact with anyone outside her family. She could hear his heart beating quickly, feel the warmth of his chest radiating from his body, and catch the earthy scent of leaves and grass that clung to his clothes.

When Sachi finally noticed the slight trembling of his hands and the quietness of his voice that sat close to her ear and realized that the poor guy was struggling, her flustered feelings transformed into laughter breaking the silence. 

"I-,” She struggled to speak, gasping for air intermittently and burying her face into his hoodie in an attempt to contain her amusement. She didn't intend to mock him, but she found the situation so endearing that she couldn't help but burst into laughter at the absurdity of it all. Once she finally caught her breath, she managed to utter words between giggles. "For a guy who said he 'works smarter, not harder,' you sure did choose the harder route."

"They say ‘Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.” Her voice was slightly tired, exasperated from laughing but loud and clear despite the sound of the wind flowing through them as they got higher up the tree. "Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.” Her eyes glanced up at him, her face a small distance away from his.

"You could’ve just taught me, or I could’ve just hopped on your back and this would’ve been way less embarrassing…” She giggles, another breeze past by cooling off the red that was her face from her embarrassment and active giggles. "Maybe even easier…" She whispered to him, smiling warmly. "but this isn’t too bad either.”

Regaining her composure once more, she peered over his shoulder, taking in the sprawling vista of Konohagakure that stretched out below them, every sight flowing into her mind.

--🌸--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 16, 2023 22:50:58 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
That same blush was still plain across his face as he kept a smirk up. Sure. There were easier ways to do it. And sure, there were smarter ways to do it. But, well. He didn't totally do this out of accident, as he whispered back to her, still feeling quite embarrassed- Though he was more glad he could lift her up.

"Maybe... I would rather have done it this way." He said, his face so very close to hers. The touch between them, the feeling of her soft clothes brushing against his hands arms. As he climbed up the tree, he realized something- And the scent of flowers, and the beat of her own heart, might have had something to add to it.

But that laugh, that giggle, that smile. It gave him an odd sense of something he'd only felt once else- Motivation. Except this time, it wasn't out of anger or frustration, but admiration and a want to do better for someone else. As the two crested the tree top and he gently placed her down on the tree, he hardly even noticed his own exhaustion as he wiped his brow simply and stared down at her.

"If anyone says anything silly, I'll make 'em wish they hadn't." He promised her, as he still had one of his hands against hers. He didn't notice it at first, and when he did, he almost didn't want to let go... But...

He released it and placed both of his hands behind his back as he took a step back, letting her appreciate Konoha from up high. One could easily map the entire town out, and the smooth breeze that ran through both their hair was enough to cool down even the hottest summer day.

"S-Sorry, for carrying you like that though, I uh- I should have asked..." He realized in retrospect he didn't ask her what way to carry her before he did. He sort of just acted on his own intuition, which, while it worked, seemed to have created some embarrassment for her...

Though, in the moment, as he said... He enjoyed that closeness. It wasn't a sort of feeling he got from anyone- His family never got that close to him, that's for damn sure- So to actually feel it, and realize there was meaning to it beyond just simple transportation, well.

Kai was still blushing, even as he leaned back against the tree, though there was easily enough room for her to do the same, should she want to.
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 17, 2023 0:59:13 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

"Making more work for yourself, I see.” Sachi teased, her response to his humorously vague threat to onlookers. She stepped onto the branch while still clinging to him to regain her balance. The sun was high and hot as the morning transformed into the afternoon, its rays beating down from above. However, it was cooler up high, and the thinner branches at the top of the tree offered some welcome shade.

"It’s okay…” she continued, looking to the side, her face once again flushing with embarrassment. "It just was unexpected is all.” She leaned against the tree's bark alongside Kai, taking in the view.

"Perhaps it was a bit dangerous, but we came out unscathed, so..." Sachi tried to wrap her head around what to say next, but her words wouldn’t flow quite how she wanted which was rare for her. The heightened energy and adrenaline had worn off, leaving her feeling unexpectedly drained.

"So… well, there is a first time for everything, I suppose.” She ran her fingers through her hair, either to manage the mess caused by the heat and breeze or to hide her lingering embarrassment. She fell silent for a while, sitting on the branch and allowing herself to rest, even though Kai had done all the work.

"I hope I wasn't too heavy," she said with a small laugh, finally feeling at ease. "It's very nice up here. I could probably sit here and read all day if time wasn't a limitation."

The calmness of the moment invited relaxation, to the point where she could have drifted into a peaceful nap to rest the weariness of her journey.

Alas, Sachi wanted to seize the opportunity to get to know Kai better, to understand what it was like to be a part of a clan famous in the shinobi world. She had done some reading on Konoha prior to her visit and had a general understanding of the state of the clans, but not in detail. The young kunoichi was hungrily curious for more knowledge but in the end, held her tongue knowing it was in poor taste. 

Sachi wouldn't have easily guessed which clan Kai belonged to, judging solely by the way he spoke and conducted himself. His Nindo didn't reflect the exuberant passion the Uchiha clan was renowned for. The only thing that gave him away in Sachi's eyes was the emblem on the back of his jacket. However, she acknowledged that understanding someone fully in just an afternoon was akin to solving a puzzle with missing pieces – challenging, intriguing, and leaving room for delightful surprises, just as his unexpected actions a few minutes ago had demonstrated.

"Patience is a virtue but a boring one.”
 Sachi reminded her thoughts, carefully kept close at bay, even if it was eating at her. 

"I’ve pretty much memorized the entire layout of the village.” she hummed, closing her eyes and adding with a hint of jest, "If I get kidnapped by the enemy, the infrastructure of the village is forfeit.”

--🌸--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 17, 2023 10:34:27 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Maybe the pay off is worth the work." He explained calmly in response, deciding to take a glance over at the girl with a soft blush on his face, but a smile over it as well, as he rested next to the tree. As she explained her reasoning and how she actually didn't find it too bad, Kai let his mind wander on what he should say next. Her face was so blush, and the way she glanced around and spoke.

It didn't take a Sharingan user to know that his gig was up, and she could easily tell what his thoughts were in this moment, as he almost just blurted out what was on his mind. He opened his mouth to speak, but the words didn't come out. He had to remember that they had just met today- And rushing too quickly into this was a good way to get a girl to really turn away from you. Instead, his blush just grew deeper as he glanced away and listened to her talk.

"Nah. You were real light. I kind of liked it." He muttered, almost at a whisper, as he just sat there and looked over the afternoon with her. He was close enough to her that shoulders were touching, and even this was enough to give him butterflies. There was no way he was falling for this girl that fast, right?

...Sheesh, he hoped not. But all signs were leading to the contrary, as she spoke about being captured and giving up the village secrets. He snorted at that, running his hand through his hair before looking back over at the girl, crossing his legs.

"Not if you put them to sleep with your sagely sayings before they could get a straight answer out of you." He gave her a gentle shoulder check, the tease running right back at her as he chuckled and looked back out over the village.

"Where do you want to go from here? There's a nice ramen shop I wouldn't mind taking you too, if you're hungry... Or we could end the..." He almost said date. He cleared his throat. "We could end the tour here, if you're feeling too tired, Sachi." He said, though obviously he would have been rather sad to end it here.

After all, he was really enjoying the time he was spending with the girl- Regardless of his deeper feelings about her. She was good company even beyond the romantic haze in the air.
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 17, 2023 22:01:28 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi was keenly aware of Kai's flirtatious attempts, even before they ascended the tree. However, she found herself in a bit of a quandary about the situation. She was undeniably enjoying herself, as she typically did, but deciphering matters of the heart and attraction wasn't her forte. It piqued her interest, in romance, and the like.

The young Kisei had never been particularly interested in matters of romance. Even when her parents dreamed of her having a love story as epic as theirs, Sachi's heart was always set on other things – studying, dancing, cooking, and anything that assisted in her parents' business. Now, the matters of great importance to her were centered around her duties to Kusa.

Nevertheless, she didn't resent her playful exchanges with Kai, the flirtatious banter that flowed between them. She possessed a certain level of awareness about their interactions, realizing that while Kai seemed quite taken with her, her own sentiments were less enamored. Time would ultimately reveal whether their dynamic would evolve into something more and she was fine with that.

"My 'sayings' are like precious gems, and it should be a gift to hear me speak of them.” Sachi retorted with a playful huff, crossing her arms and puffing out her cheeks in a mock pout before she slyly smiled at him, bumping his shoulder playfully. She stood back up in a hop and uttered her next line with a mischievous tone, "If they truly had such a powerful effect, you would already be drifting into slumber.”

Sachi thoroughly enjoyed teasing Kai. It wasn't every day that she allowed herself to be so informal and playful in her speech, but Kai had a way of bringing out the side of her that didn't feel the need to maintain a formal facade. 
The young Kisei patted her skirt, raising an eyebrow when he paused for a moment to clear his throat before continuing his line.

"Ramen sounds nice right about now.” She smiles twirling to get any remaining dust off the skirt of the yukata.

"After eating, I’ll perk right up. I’m warning you though...” she glances at him, a smug tint in her eye reflecting her words, "I have a good sense of taste so if this ramen place isn’t as good as you say, I’m docking you points.” She playfully introduced her imaginary point system, ready to use it for teasing purposes later.

"I jest. I’m sure it’ll be delicious as you say.” she conceded graciously. Then, tugging at the corner of Kai's jacket as he stood up, she admitted with a hint of embarrassment, "You'll have to carry me back down though... again."

Instead of avoiding eye contact, she locked her gaze on him, her eyes filled with a mixture of playfulness and sincerity.

--🌸--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 18, 2023 2:03:43 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Those eyes shot right back to her when she shoulder checked him, his grin only widening at her rebuttal.

"You don't say? Well, maybe I would be, if I hadn't had a cup of the best coffee in Konoha this morning." His words were like silk at this point- She was easy to bounce off of, and he found himself formulating responses to her less flirteous words quite easily. When he wasn't head over heels over the girl, as said, she seemed like a really good friend. But wasn't that what you looked for in a partner before you went to that next stage? ... Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.

Her next words, however, flabbergasted him. "Docking me points?" He placed a hand to his heart, feigning insult. "I'd never. Do I get a poor review and no tip if the tour concludes in a poor sense?" He was really opening up here- A rarity for himself as he felt a strange goodness he had hardly felt in years.

When she brought up the talk of him carrying her down again, with embarrassment in her voice. He could have dwelled more on the flirty and playful side of that, but instead he decided to focus on her own feelings for a moment.

"Hey. If you ever come back, I'll teach you all about walking up and down trees. It's pretty easy, once you know the secrets." He said, holding his arms out for her to climb into. Well, either that, or she could go back with that piggy back ride. Either or would greatly change the dynamic of their trip back down the tree, and he would be paying more close attention to the girl close up either way, since he found himself so embarrassed he couldn't really get a good bead on the same things she managed to figure out of him.
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 18, 2023 2:58:44 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

"As I mentioned, I'm somewhat adept," Sachi replied, her hands resting on his shoulders and grabbing the cloth slightly, her voice slightly miffed. "I just don't practice enough. I could probably do it if I dedicated a night to practice."

She nestled onto Kai's back snugly, her petite form fitting comfortably for an easy carry, something she didn't particularly take pride in. It slightly irked her, especially because together, they might look like an older brother babysitting a child.

To get back at him, she playfully blew into his ear. "Don't forget who made you that coffee," she teased with a smirk.

"And yes, no tip either, but maybe I'll be nice if my ride down is relaxing." She suggested. "Maybe I'll even give 100 points!" Sachi couldn't see his face now, which suited her just fine. However, she could still observe him – his ears occasionally turning a subtle shade of red, his hair with its coarse texture.
As they descended, Sachi didn't need him to hold her. She was positioned so comfortably that gravity didn't impede her downward journey. Once they reached the ground, she hopped off his back, landing with a click of her sandals. She greeted him with a warm smile, not teasing or smug but simply her usual self.

"Thank you for taking me up there," The young Kisei kunoichi said graciously, bowing slightly, her twin tails swaying. "One day, I'll return the favor to you, it’s a promise."

With her body turned, Sachi started down the road, heading confidently toward the ramen shop. Her steps were light and springy, a testament to her impeccable memory. "I know where it is now so I can lead the way this time!" she declared cheerfully.

--🌸--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 18, 2023 3:11:51 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The warning of who made his coffee did not go unheard, and Kai couldn't help but scratch the side of his head as they walked down. Down was far easier than up, and he took this chance to take the same scent of her she'd managed to catch of him- But closer this time, since her twintails likely feel to either side of his head as they descended.

It wasn't just flowers. It was coffee as well. A rather nice smell- Pleasant like a Sunday Morning. He could get used to that...

Once they were on the ground though, and she'd hopped off, he smirked and thought a bit too deeply on what she just said.

"What, you're going to carry me up a tree? Hah, I'd like to see that." The wrong message received, but he was likely just teasing. As she took off first thing towards the ramen shop, he couldn't help but be surprised. That sort of photographic memory... He could only imagine how effective that would be in combat.

"Hey, hey, wait up- I've got a bunch of weights on me!" He joked as he kept up with the girl, keeping a close distance behind her as they neared the shop.

A ramen shop in Konoha- Well, it was an older tradition than time itself- But the smells that came from it were nothing less then intoxicating. Ramen had a certain smell to it, and well made, homecooked ramen, well. Even picky eaters would have trouble not rumbling their tummies on a pass by.

"The guy who makes the ramen in there is probably older then Konoha... But he knows a way to make it... Perfect." Kai explained as he walked up beside the girl, into the shop.

They were quickly seated right by the cooking station, and the shop manager closed the distance. He was an older man- Very, very old, in fact, but he held a appearance that gave creedence to wisdom- At least in the ramen cooking buisiness.

"Ah, hello there. Are you two teammates, or- Here on a date, perhaps?" Kai's face grew red at the words. A cheeky shot from the man, but in truth, it wasn't uncalled for. Ramen Dates were a staple in Konoha, and it wasn't as if he was checking to see what headband Sachi was wearing.

Kai hesitated for a moment, glancing over at Sachi, before he responded in a respectful, if not truthful, manner. It was something that he had been dwelling on but didn't really have the guts to say aloud.

"Mrm... It's half a tour, half a date. She's from Kusagakure." He politely added, as he looked over at Sachi. She was free to disagree with his judgement. He wouldn't be mad either way, but he was put on the spot here and decided to make somewhat of a stand for himself, if only because it was the bold move to make.

"Feel free to order whatever you want. I'll pay." He politely added, as if he didn't just drop that bombshell on the poor kunoichi.
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 18, 2023 22:49:58 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🍜

Entering the bustling Ramen shop, Sachi's sharp nose immediately picked up the enticing aroma of seasonings, especially garlic, wafting through the air. The place was packed, with every table and booth occupied by eager diners, ranging from early birds grabbing dinner to families trying to avoid the dinner rush, ironically contributing to it. Despite the summer heat, it seemed people couldn't resist the allure of a warm, steaming bowl of ramen.

Sachi was surprised by the crowd but understood the appeal of enjoying a hot meal even in warm weather. Her parents had always advocated for warm meals during her upbringing, and she found that consuming warm dishes like ramen or oden during summer helped her cool down. Her keen senses detected the subtle differences between this ramen shop and the one she frequented in Kusagakure. She even knew how to make ramen herself but rarely had the time for such culinary endeavors.

A glint of contained excitement sparkled in Sachi's big blue eyes as she listened to Kai's introduction of the ramen shop's owner. She was indeed feeling hungry now that the day had progressed, and her coffee's appetite-suppressing effects had worn off. Once a couple had finished and left, Sachi and Kai were seated, right before the owner who looked around the same age as Sachi’s parents.

Sachi’s face grew a little bashful but waited for Kai to respond since Kai seemed to frequent the place a lot before she decided to make her introduction. She observed the exchange between Kai and the owner and noticed the subtle glances of Kai's mismatched eyes shifting between her and the elderly man. Her posture and poise immediately slipped, as one of her sleeves covered half her face, her ears slightly crimson. She shot Kai a look that said, "Ah, I see what you're doing," before composing herself to greet the elder.

"So he says,” She said, words peeking out from her sleeves. Her cheeks still held a subtle rosy hue as she smiled and bowed deeply to the elderly gentleman.

"Kisei Sachi of Hohei-Cho and Kusagakure’s Genin team. It’s very nice to meet you, Sir. Kai-san only had good things to say.” She didn't address the "date" comment explicitly but left it somewhat vague, her greeting much more formal than the one she gave to Kai when they first met. Sachi then shifted her attention to the menu and made her order, her confidence evident in her precise request. "I'll have the shoyu ramen with extra firm noodles, a small portion with fewer noodles and extra soup. Please include menma, chashu, and a generous helping of shiraga negi."

As the owner began preparing their orders, Sachi couldn't resist teasing Kai, raising an eyebrow and grinning at him smugly. The young shinobi drew closer and quietly uttered in a soft voice, "I didn't realize I'd been assigned a 'date' by Konohagakure’s shinobi."

--🍜--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Sept 18, 2023 22:52:07 GMT -5
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 19, 2023 4:03:11 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

That smile still rose against his lips as he listened to her order. Making a quick order himself, he leaned back a bit as he glanced over at Sachi. Her blush was honestly so cute it was worth the price of admission alone. If nothing else came from this, that was a good enough reward to sit back and call it a day.

Still, when she asked about the assignment, he cracked a grin and leaned further against his chair.

"Yeah. Well... Ramen dates are a staple in Konoha. I'm just giving you the best experience possible. No ulterior motives here, no way." He sarcastically spoke, laughing a bit as he leaned forward a bit and looked her over.

"You're free to walk out at any time. I wouldn't be offended. But... Honestly, Sachi... I... Well..." He glanced over at the table again, folding his hands over eachother as he wondered what he'd say next. There were a lot of words he wanted to speak, but the actual words he would speak were... Harder to formulate.

"I wasn't expecting a lot this morning when I came here- And I don't open up easily. But, there's something really special about you." He said, as chopsticks were delivered to each of them with a glass of water. He nodded and smiled, before continuing his talk.

"I know it's a bit forward, but I wouldn't mind spending more time with you. I'd like to see if we could keep testing the waters here, but if you'd rather just be friends, I understand that as well." He explained knowingly. He didn't really want to push her into the dating scene, as much as he wanted it, because he respected her more as a person then just some cute girl to date.

"You're smart, good looking, and hard working, too. Maybe I'm shooting above my weight class, but I certainly wouldn't mind going on a few more uh... Missions, or dates, with you. Either or." He explained, rubbing his shoulder as he glanced towards her with both eyes. He didn't break eye contact. This was an important step, right?

...Right...
The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 19, 2023 6:31:37 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi carefully listened to his words, underneath what seemed like a symphony of people chattering about, noticing his glances here and there, the lean of his body that drew closer to hers.

"That’s true...It’s not as if I was confined.” She thought to herself, thinking about how captivating teasing the Uchiha was. She thought of him as cute, like a puppy, something she wanted to protect almost because of how easy it was to take him out of kilter, wondering if he felt the same about her, although thinking such wasn’t exactly attraction per se; It was not in her eyes at least.

If there was something she liked about Kai--as a potential romantic interest-- she couldn’t say, not yet anyway. It was too soon for her since she was one to consider her options very carefully.

But what the older Genin asked next, she wasn’t opposed to it. It was fun, them "testing the waters" as he had said. She had just met him and hadn’t decided if she even wanted a relationship in her life, in that way, and wasn’t solely because it was Kai. If it was anyone asking her, she would’ve probably felt the same way, a murky indecisiveness flooded her brain.

"I wouldn’t discount yourself like that Kai,” Sachi says calmly, a small smile on her face. She slightly bowed to the Ossan who gave both their ramen bowls, which came out quickly despite how long the conversation felt. The flowery Kisei felt the seriousness of his words and his resolve to not look away this time. She turned her body to face him, in almost a formal manner.

"If you’re fine with this lofty arrangement,” Sachi began, her voice akin to a sweet melody, "Then, I’d love to go on missions with you…” She turned back towards her bowl of hot steaming ramen, and with a sly wink directed at him, she playfully added, mimicking his earlier line, "or on another date, either way."

This flexible arrangement, not set in stone and subject to change like a flowing stream, suited the young kunoichi well. She wasn't entirely certain how to proceed, but she was content with the relationship, whatever it was.

Sachi’s attention turned back to the soup she was eager to try. She carefully scooped the noodles into a soup spoon, dipping it into the broth, and picking up the green onions with her chopstick. Pursing her lips in anticipation, Sachi carefully sipped on the flavorful broth before gracefully downing the noodles, her face adorned with a satisfied expression of the Konohagakure’s famous ramen.

"It’s as good as you say, even better than your words can describe!” she exclaimed, her voice trembling with excitement as she savored the flavors.

--🍜--

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here:

The Magnificent Konoha Exploration Expedition 🌸 KaiSept 19, 2023 12:14:18 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She was thinking rather heavily on this. That was good- That was really, really good. It meant maybe, just maybe, there was a chance. And when she spoke to him, she seemed rather kind about it- What else could he expect though from such a nice, friendly girl?

There was of course a truth to the matter- And an interesting thought experiment to be done in general. Wasn't all dating, by it's very nature, 'testing the waters' to see if two people are compatible? Was it not the baseline of a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship that they were to see if they could progress to more permanent partners?

...That issue aside, she was receptive, not just with dating ideas, but Missions as well. He slurped at his noodles idly as she spoke, quiet enough to hear her of course, as his eyes drifted over her form again. Shuffle shuffle, his hand would rub his arm now and then, and he tried to pretend he couldn't take because of the ramen in his mouth instead of the reality of not quite knowing how to properly communicate.

She said not to discount him like that, but by his very nature of laziness, he didn't put a particularly high level of value in himself. It was how he grew up, being belittled constantly by his family. He wasn't the first choice, and they made damn well sure he knew that.

Her agreement got him blushing for a moment, as he slurped up a bit more noodle and smiled over at her.

"...Thank you, Sachi. You won't regret this. I promise." He explained calmly, feeling a sense of relief over his person. It was like cresting a large hill- The last steps were the hardest, but once he'd confessed himself and asked for more, the rest was downhill sailing.

And she seemed to be enjoying the ramen as well. That made him happy to know- He was prideful in his villages Ramen, and had a hunch that if anything should survive a catastrophe, it should be that. What would the Shinobi World do without Konoha Ramen?

"Ah... Yeah. I love getting a bowl after a long mission. It's refreshing and really relaxes me..." It wasn't his favorite food of course, but it was good enough that it didn't matter if it was his favorite or not, he'd always be down for a bowl of ramen.

"Any... Other questions? About me, or us-- Or the village?" He chuckled, rubbing the side of his head. Almost forgot the entire purpose this trip!