A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]

compose a reply
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 24, 2023 18:58:06 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
    What was Daredemo doing? First she had started getting along with Miroru, someone she used to despise for how annoying she still was. And now she was finding herself finding friendship in one Yamanaka Itsuki. It was a weird feeling, like she actually wanted them around. She felt happy sharing things with them. It was different. She hadn't smiled, really smiled, after her brother died. And then she met Miroru, and slowly Daredemo was smiling once again. She was excited to be around her. Now Itsuki was inspiring the same boundless joy in her stomach. She didn't understand these feelings in the slightest. 

Yet here she was inviting them to a place she felt safe. Still in the walls of the village, but far from the Uchiha home. Through alleyways so small that she knew when the three of them grew up they would have trouble returning. A small patch hidden away from most of the village, A square box with high walls around, but covered wall to wall with books and scrolls. All of them squirlled away by Daredemo over her time in the academy. 

Daredemo still didn't really know why she wanted to be here with them today. She didn't know what was on her mind, but she knew something was. She figured talking to Miroru about it would help, it always had before.

Tuturu has written 209 posts
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 24, 2023 19:11:13 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin

"Come onnn, hurry up! I wanna see what Dare wants us for!"

Miroru's voice preceded the two as they approached through those tight, twisting alleys, squirming through the narrow passes to head where they'd been directed, step by step. 

The redhead had been busy since she'd passed her exams, which wasn't unexpected. She didn't just have the increased workload of being a full-fledged chuunin, she was-

... also...
... other things. Which took time, and effort, and work to manage and improve upon. She didn't mind, most of the time, but she felt the empty echoes when she lost out on time with the people that mattered to her.

So, obviously, getting an invitation from one of those important people to come hang out with ANOTHER important person, and all of it in some secret place lost in the back alleys of the Uchiha compound, of COURSE she was down.

It wasn't even odd to see Miroru scampering about in the compound with Itsuki on her heels, or in the lead. Fourteen years in, nobody questioned it. Itsuki was polite, and unlike Miroru, didn't start trouble on his own (on Uchiha turf), so his presence was somewhere between tolerated and welcomed, generally dependent on the age of the one commenting on it.

In any case, Miroru made sure they showed up ASAP, scrambling into the small spaces with flushed cheeks and smothered snickered giggles. "Dare! You in there?  Is this the right place?"
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 24, 2023 20:46:19 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

He wasn't quite sure where it was that Miroru was dragging him, but as always when she called he answered. It wasn't always a smart choice but... well, she'd do the thing anyway without him, and then who would help her when she inevitably got into trouble? No, someone had to watch her back, and that someone had been him for as long as he could remember, before Mi-chi was even Mi-chi.

Forced to wiggle through the small spaces that the redhead dragged him down, Itsuki paused at her words, a loud squawk of outrage, "You didn't tell me we were looking for Mo-chi! You know I can sense across the entire village right! I'm pretty sure we didn't have to run through Yuriko-baa's laundry and under Takato-ojii's bar!" Worked up, the small Yamanaka unleashed his powerful vengeace... by leaping at Miroru and trying to wrap her up in a chokehold for the appropriate noogie that such a crime deserved.

Success or failure, it wouldn't take too long for him to settle enough to look up and see the person in question that had brought them here, probably rather unimpressed with the whole thing, but you never know, she'd been loosening up recently.

"...ohai Mo-chi, fancy meeting you here"

Word Count: 209
Tags: ,
Eleri has written 410 posts
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 26, 2023 17:56:56 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
    Why were her nerves so shot? Sure she had never brought anyone here before, but, that didn't bother her. Miroru had already seen the parts of her life she wanted to hide the most, so showing her this was nothing. There was something gnawing away at the back of her mind, a thought that wanted to break it's way through, but Daredemo herself had yet to piece together. Like she'd done the edges of a puzzle and still had no clue what to do with the rest of the pieces. 

Daredemo didn't want to keep exerting the effort it took to focus on that thought. She had her friends here with her, and they were in a place few would bother them.

"Miroru! Itsuki! So happy you managed to find the place. I know it's kinds squirreled away back here." Daredemo brought both of them into a hug and pulled them further into the hide-y hole. 

Daredemo picked up a book she had been reading far too much of recently, some cheeky romance comic about a dashing prince and the handsome rogue he runs away from the castle with. 

"It's like my own personal library! You guys have no idea how many people just let old books go!"
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 26, 2023 18:35:06 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
Miroru didn't quite catch how nervous Momo was with the way she pulled them both into hugs, curling into her friends and letting out a particularly foxy chitter of a sigh as she did before studying the space they had to work with and pulling a small scroll from her backpack. A handseal and a puff of smoke later, and she was relaxing on a big cushion she'd stolen from... well, someone's home somewhere! "The best places are squirreled away in the back alleys of the world. Forest glades, dark complex corners, I presume some cool floating castles too... SOMEONE musta gotten that to work, right?"

Glancing around at the expansive second hand collection, Miroru made a show of rubbing her chin. "Hm... I think I have an idea of just how many. Judging by these, I'd say there's got to be at least... four people. Four people that throw out old books." She nodded sagely. Truly wisdom for the ages, from the redhead on a big, ratty cushion in the corner. They could all fit if they squished, probably, though there'd likely be some overlap.

MISSIONS
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 27, 2023 1:10:27 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

If you had told Itsuki a year ago he'd be getting hugged by Uchiha 'Damedero', he would have scoffed, and yet in the time since leaving the academy and with Miroru's persistance the other Uchiha had since made her way into his close social circle, small as it was. Returning the hug, the compact was once again renewed, and as soon as he got a chance Itsuki was poking around the collection of things, his head tilting side to side as he examined Dare's little hoard for particularly interesting bits.

"Mi-chi's right, hidden places are the best... remember that tree hollow? That was a cool secret base... the shrine is like, a million times better though!" he offered as he considered the books and a few scrolls, opening one and flushing a bright pink before shoving it back into place upside down.

"I dunno about floating castles though, that'd take a looooot of chakra" he said, still slightly flustered and trying to find something else to grab. Eventually settling on one particular book, he flopped down on the pillow alongside Miroru, his fluffy head landing on her stomach, his hair much shaggier nowadays than it used to be.

"Ne, Mo-chi, did you want us to help move all this to the shrine base? Or d'you just wanna keep it a bit closer to home?"

Word Count: 224

A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 28, 2023 14:31:35 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
    "I remember reading some rumors about people in Iwa who can make Mountain's levitate," Daredemo began to dig through some of the more academic scrolls in her collection. She was sure there was something here somewhere. It wasn't anything detailed, just whispers from shinobi who heard from someone else it happened, but it was still interesting enough to spark Daredemo's curiosity. "If there are people who can do that, maybe they took it even further. Or maybe they used a bunch of big balloons?"

She wasn't sure if it did exist, but she couldn't help but let her imagination run wild with the possibilities. Daredemo rolled her eyes at the comments of four people throwing out books. She couldn't help but giggle at it as well, but she did still show her annoyance. The thing that caught her interest more, however, was Itsuki's question. The prospect of moving all of her collection felt daunting, there was quite a lot here to move there... but.

"I like my hide-a-way. I think it's nice to have such a nice place so close to home you know? I can only go out to the hidden shrine so often. I can only get away from my shrine every so often. So it's gotta balance out."
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 28, 2023 22:09:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
"The tree hollow was the best. I wish Momo-chan was friends with us back then. She woulda fit right in, I think. And I bet it wouldn't take THAT much chakra!... maybe! and even if it did, think how amazing that would be!"

Miroru got super excited- and then slumped back, sighing. "Sucks we're all like at each other's throats and everything. Adults ruin everything. How come people can't just get along? There'd be so much more fun stuff to do if they did," she grumped quietly. As Dare paged through her own book, Miroru reached over and pulled her onto the cushion, tucking her against the redhead's side with the option to wiggle a bit to tuck against Itsuki, too, or vice versa.

"Honestly, it's good tactics to maintain both headquarters and a safe house. If one's compromised, we're not just in the wind, then. We can fall back to the other compound to make plans to retaliate, or set up new locales for our clandestine activities!" Miroru declared firmly.

MISSIONS
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Sept 29, 2023 0:52:32 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

"Even if Iwa made a flying castle, there's no way we'd be allowed to visit..." Itsuki stated, wrinkling his nose in irritation, "people will always fight bout somethin' Mi-chi, best we can do is make sure that the ones who win those fights are the people who we make friends with so that people who wanna fight us don't get to bully us." A few more moments passed before he spoke again, "maybe we could make a flying castle.... or at least, like, somethin small." He had no idea how they'd go about doing such a thing, and maybe the best they'd get is some secret base on a mountain, but still it would be worth a try, right?

"Mhm, multiple safe houses are a good idea, perhaps we can reinforce this one then," Itsuki said thoughtfully, glancing around, "as long as that was ok with you Mo-chi. Actually, we could probably set up another couple safe spots, the tree hollow could still fit us... is there a map of the village in here Mo-chi?" 

Itsuki didn't get up to look, he had become comfortable and really didn't want to move if he had to. Well, besides the little wiggles he had done to move himself closer to connect to Dare as part of their little puppy pile thing. The idea of setting up a whole network of secret bases was really appealing to him for some reason.

Word Count: 238

last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Sept 29, 2023 0:59:34 GMT -5
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 1, 2023 21:35:19 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
    It was nice having her friends in here. Daredemo was surprised by pretty much every part of that sentence, the idea of having friends, the idea of wanting them around her. All of it was new to her in a way that she couldn't fully encapsulate. At the end of the day though, it's the situation she found herself in, and as she squirreled into a comfy seat to read her cheeky romance novels, she couldn't help but burn brightly with pride at how things had changed so much. Her mind flashed back to so long ago, when she had first found this place.

Running from the shrine, swearing to herself she'd never wear that stupid shrine maiden outfit ever again. she got herself lost in the alleyways of the village, and stumbled upon this hide-a-way. She was lost, and yet she'd found home. She remembered looking around, and forgetting about that awful dress.

Daredemo's eyes began to water as she remembered that day. It was as if she could see it, empty and abandoned, before she had filled it with books. When she had used a name she hated. All of it swelled in her memories, and it took her a few moments to register what Itsuki was asking her. Why was she crying? Why was that memory filling her head. Why did the image of that stupid outfit make her so angry.

She shook the cobwebs from her head and looked up at Itsuki with a smile. "There should be one around here somewhere," she looked up to the sky, thinking hard to try and piece together it's location, before shrugging her shoulders, "I haven't had the chance to organize the scrolls though."
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 4, 2023 1:26:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
"Well. Maybe not ALLOWED. Could always do the ol' Reconnaissaince double whammy! Pop out a clone, use Transformation, fly up as a bird! Worst case scenario, the bird gets popped. Best case scenario- you explore a sky castle!!!" Miroru threw her arms out, loving this whole idea.

"Listen, just cuz people always fight doesn't mean I can't wish they wouldn't. There's no actual reason it has to happen. People COULD all just decide to be decent. They don't, and they won't, and I know it, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE. Impossible is a "cannot happen", not a "will not happen." That's... something else," Miroru muttered quietly, bummed out now.

Maps became the topic of the hour, and Miroru stared up at the ceiling a bit.

Child. The brat.

Eh?

Miroru turned her head to peer at Dare, blinking at the tears she saw. "Hoi." She murmured, reaching over to cup Dare's cheeks and use her thumbs to smooth away the tears. "No need for those. You're with friends!"

MISSIONS
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 6, 2023 22:49:27 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Deciding not to argue with Miroru over the different viewpoints on the nature of people and the possibility of peace, Itsuki just hummed neutrally. They probably would never agree on that, and that was ok, he needed someone who had a more optimistic viewpoint to keep him from becoming too bitter and callous, and she needed someone willing to stay a bit more grounded or at least make her stop and think for a moment.

He could feel the turmoil emanating from Daredemo, but Itsuki wasn't quite sure what was causing it, nor how he could properly help the dark haired Uchiha. It was a complex emotion, and somewhat muffled compared to others, so it was hard for him to untangle, especially when literally right next to Miroru's rather... expressive feelings.

Instead of words, he simply leaned further against Dare, providing what he hoped was a comforting presence and allowing Miroru to take the conversational lead. Much as he might like the idea of plotting out secret bases and the like, he wasn't going to follow those threads until he was sure that they were all good again, and now that he was focusing on the emotions of the two Uchiha, he wasn't going to just drop that focus unless given a good reason to.

Word Count: 215

A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 9, 2023 21:41:22 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
    Why were they even crying right now. That old memory didn't mean anything. It couldn't affect them here and now. But in a way it did, didn't it? Daredemo was constantly crushed by the weight of their situation. The weight of responsibilities, both of a Miko and an Academy Student, and soon as a full fledged genin. And even though being a shinobi meant staring down death on a weekly basis, it still seemed like a less heart wrenching duty than simply wearing a stupid dress.

It didn't make any sense. Ever since the first day it touched the young ones frame, they had hated it, and yet it remained. Why did the bad things always remain. His father was bad, and he remained. He remained longer than the only good member of Dare's family. Good things had a habit of leaving Dare's life.

Maybe that's why it was so... hard to connect to Itsuki and Miroru. No matter how hard Daredemo tried, they couldn't shake this unending feeling like something was getting in the way. Something was going to tear the friendship away from Daredemo just like it had taken Riku from them.

And then someone was cupping her cheeks. As Daredemo came back down to Earth they were now staring directly into Miroru's deep brown eyes. Daredemo was staring directly into the eyes of someone the girl simply couldn't stop thinking about anyways. Dare's own face began to burn as bright red as Miroru's own hair.

It was hard to tell if it was because of the situation, Daredemo truly hated the prospect of showing emotions in front of others, or if it was because Daredemo was flustered looking into such beautiful eyes.

Either way, every muscle in Daredemo's body began to scream at her to run. Get away from the source of the embarrassment. In near one fluid motion they were on their feet, turning towards the winding path the three would have entered through. To say that the attempted exit was coordinated would have been far from the truth, however. Daredemo felt it as it happened, their feet tripping over each other, leaving Dare stumbling, falling, landing.

Landing with their arms at either side of their other friend, Itsuki's frame. 

Landing with their lips pressed against Itsuki's own. And somehow, their blush quickly grew an even deeper crimson shade.

A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 10, 2023 7:07:44 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

It wasn't exactly easy to tell what was going through the younger Uchiha's mind, even with his empathic sensory ability, though distress and embarassment was relatively easy to pick up, it was a lot harder to pin down the why and how than he might have found otherwise. If asked later, Itsuki wouldn't be able to describe the series of actions that occurred next, only that Mo-chi had tried to get up, stumbled, and slammed down on top of him.

That might have been a cause for complaint, or at least a wheezing declaration of war, however a quirk of fate meant that instead of simply being winded, Itsuki found himself with lips pressed directly against those of the fallen friend as he instinctively tried to catch the other and protect them from the fall. 

Teal eyes blinked slightly in surprise, processing what had happened even as he apparently calmly watched Dare's face go bright red. Others of his age might have reacted more... emphatically to losing their first kiss, especially in an accident like this, but Itsuki was mostly just puzzled. It wasn't unpleasant or anything, but he wasn't quite sure how to respond to it, though the building embarassment in Mo-chi told him teasing wasn't the right way to go. 

Perhaps if it had been more than just an accident he might have reacted but, well, it was a slip, right?

Word Count: 233

last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Oct 10, 2023 7:08:44 GMT -5
A Different Shinobi [Itsuki/Miroru/Dame]Oct 10, 2023 22:58:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
Miroru smiled back, peering unafraid into Dare's eyes as they stared into her own, somehow soft and welcoming despite their crimson tones. She felt their cheeks light up under her palms, and felt her lips curl, both from the gremlin side delighting in leaving her friend blushing, and a quieter bit hoping it might indicate something she didn't have words for yet.

In a moment, though, Dare was up, moving, tripping, falling, toppling into Itsuki's arms and-

Miroru blinked, startled to see the two pressing their lips together. It had clearly been an accident- both simply looked shocked, or unconcerned, but Dare was blushing harder by the instant, and Miroru had to figure out a way to defuse the situation before she absolutely melted down or screamed.

"OH! The horror! My love's first kiss, stolen! Taken from me in a rush of passion! The fright! The SCANDAL! Oh, the HUMANITY!" Miroru cried as she "swooned" right onto the both of them, deliberately refusing to state just who was who in this scenario was who, but making it clear by her ridiculous involvement that she held both neither of them and both responsible for her mostly-manufactured predicament!

COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0