Clasped and Clashed [Training]

compose a reply
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 2, 2023 22:50:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 203 | notes

"Daaaaaaaare-kuuuuuuun!"

Pebbles- tiny ones- plinked off the window of Dare's bedroom at the orphanage, one after another.

"Get uuuuuuuuup! It's time for morning exercises!"

Plink. Plink.

"I brought you taiyaki for breakfast! And some rice and miso soup! I'm gonna eat mine, don't make me wait or I'll eat yours too!"

True to her word, Miroru plunked herself down immediately and untied the kerchief holding the bento boxes together, setting his aside with the little thermos of soup as she grabbed her own, popping the lid off and starting with the grilled fish with just a little hint of teriyaki glaze, making some particularly satisfied noises as she munched on her mother's excellent cooking. She finished hers first, then cracked open Dare's to steal his fish. "Mom didn’t remember- and he doesnt need to know~"

The taiyaki she saved for after, taking bite after bite of rice with fish, sips of soup, and breaks to huck more pebbles at Dare's window until she was satisfied he was up and heading down to see her and enjoy breakfast with her. 

"Come onnnnnn, I'm running outta souuuuup! Yours looks real good!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Nov 2, 2023 23:24:52 GMT -5
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 3, 2023 22:16:09 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
DAREDEMO
    There was certainly a reason that Miroru's throwing of pebbles at Daredemo's window wasn't grabbing the boys attention. It was something that Miroru had little reason to know. Something that Daredemo actually went through a lot of trouble ensuring that Miroru wouldn't know. Not because it would make Miroru upset, if anything it would likely fill the kunoichi with an endless sense of pride in her young partner.

Daredemo simply wasn't in his bedroom this morning. He had woken up far earlier than normal. 

He was in the orphanages kitchen, working away at multiple pots and pans, making a simply mammoth breakfast to feet the dozen or so children of this oprhanage who were younger than Daredemo himself. Some much younger, some only a year or so. All of them Daredemo was taking into account as he went about his work. A veritable mountain of rice, a grouping of various pickled vegetables he had been making over the past week. He had even gone through the process of grilling up some fish for those who partook. 

"Breakfast is ready!" Daredemo would shout out in a boisterous tone. Trying to make his voice sound through as much space as possible. Some of the younger ones where the first to rush into the kitchen, all excitedly holding hands out for food. "Hey hey, Tsuda, Jiro, you know you gotta wash your hands first." 

Two disappointed groans sounded from the youth, which seemed to amuse Daredemo a bit. "No complaining, go knock on doors and wake everyone else up, okay?" 

Daredemo had no way of knowing that doing that would lead to his downfall. As Tsuda, a small boy no older than 7, with bright blond hair, was doing as he was asked. Waking up all of his orphaned brothers and sisters to bring them down to breakfast. It wasn't long before he heard the pitter patter of stones hitting at one of the windows however. 

Tsuda hung his head out of the window, hearing Miroru calling for his new friend Dare. He would wave wildly with both hands down and Miroru, shouting his words. "Demo-kun's in the kitchen, he just made everyone breakfast!" 
Tuturu has written 209 posts
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 4, 2023 15:09:06 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 205 | notes
Miroru perked up as the window opened, only to pause as a very not Dare face poked out. "Eh? Eh???" There were answers in short order, though, and she blinked, squinting. "Demo-kun's cooking? Demo-kun doesn't cook. He's NEVER cooked anything for me.

HE CAN COOK?!"

Before long, Miroru had scampered round to the back door and skidded to a stop in front of the entrance to the kitchen, poking her head in and widening her eyes in surprise. "Holy crap, the little guy wasn't joking! You DID cook breakfast! I didn't even know you could cook RICE, Demo-kun! How come you've never made ME snacks?! You've been holding out on me, I say!"

All told, though, she didn't ACTUALLY barge in, but stayed at the door rather than crowd the kids or intrude further than she already had. "Well, whatever! It smells great! Eat up, kiddos. Dare-kun! I can hang out outside until you're all finished up. I wanna work on something we both gotta learn when you're all done, okay?"

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 10, 2023 21:19:42 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    The sight that Miroru entered into would be one that the young kunoichi had truly never seen before. Not only was Daredemo cooking, but he was dressed for the part in a large apron, a bonnet wrapped around his hair to keep it from falling into his face as he looked down over the pots and woks working. 

Not only was Daredemo dressed the part, but he acted the part as well. Before he noticed the girl watching from the door frame, she would clearly see him delicately preparing beautifully presented plates of rice, eggs, grilled fish and more. Each plate made as deliberate and intricate as the next one. 

It would be a much different story when he noticed the girl watching him. 

Daredemo was transferring a large fluffy omelette onto a plate of rice when he saw the distinctive red flames of Miroru's hair. "Mi-chan!?" the pan slid, the omelette fell, its target clearly the floor below. Yet, in one fluid motion, Daredemo flipped the pan around his hand and placed it below the falling omelette, the contents spilling open still in the pan. Daredemo pouted at the site and looked at the young boy he had been about to give the omelette to, "Hey give me just a minute, Roku, I'm gonna get you another one made."

Daredemo stood up and looked at Miroru with a weak smile, still clearly embarrassed of the position he found himself in. "Hey Miroru," as the boy spoke he went about spilling the broken omelette onto his own plate and getting a new one started as he spoke to Miroru. "Just let me finish up in here real quick. Shouldn't be more than 15 minutes." 

FOURTY-FIVE MINUTES LATER.

Daredemo finally came to join Miroru outside, sans apron and bonnet. He gave a deep bow upon his entrance. "So sorry about that. It's hard to get away from them when they all start asking questions and insisting on playing with their food. What did you wanna talk about?"
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 14, 2023 2:13:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 222 | notes
Miroru grinned only wider when the fidgety boy dropped the omelette and caught it before it hit the ground, snickering playfully as she took it all in. "Take your time, old man, I can wait~" Miroru said, using the playful term of address often used to be almost absurdly informal with one's father. Then she backed out and found a spot to lounge with a leaf stem in her mouth. The perfect picture of a lazy layabout.

Which meant that she was asleep by the time he got outside, snoring the day away. She shot upright when she heard him speak, rubbing blearily at her face as she got her game face back on. "Oh, yeah, no, it's fine. It's really awesome you're stepping up. It's not every day I get to see one of my boys crammed into a maid's outfit~" She teased playfully, before moving on.

"I need to practice using seals with one hand. Since you wanna focus on your kenjutsu, I figured we could practice together. That sound like something you'd want to do?" She smirked smugly. "I'll let you hold my hand while we do~"

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 21, 2023 20:15:14 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo was a bit disappointed he had to wake Miroru up. And, though he'd never say it out loud, a large part of that was that she was sort of cute when she slept. It was the only time her boundless energy actually seemed to calm down. Daredemo was unsurprised at how quickly she seemed to bound back to full energy when he did startle her awake. In an instant she was back to her self, something the young man could not easily say for himself most of the time. 

He nodded along at Miroru's explanation for the days plans. He couldn't disagree with her logic. gathering some form of grasp of how to sign with one hands would certainly make the use of his blade more useful. As it currently stood he often made use of creating cinder clones before drawing his blades so that they could do the ninjutsu for him, but that was a task he couldn't often hope would work. Those clones didn't last forever after all. 

"I see what you mean," the boy nodded as he sat down, enjoying some of the scraps of the long since cold food. He had eaten the breakfast he made for the kids, so it wasn't as if he was all that hungry to begin with. The plans on how to go about training this were flowing through his brain when he heard something that simply made his brain stop functioning fully. His face went flush. "Y-yeah! That... that would probably keep use from trying to bring our hands up. And like, maybe if we try and sign together, like we're doing the justu together? That way we're still feeling the other half of the sign to know we're doing our side right?"
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Nov 24, 2023 11:39:54 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 228 | notes
Miroru eyed the scraps that Dare was eating, huffing a little. "You coulda at least saved yourself a proper breakfast if you were cooking," she murmured as she pushed the box with his breakfast from her mom into his lap.

That familiar smug smirk flickered across her expression when she drove the stoic, intellectual boy to flush and stammer. "Yep~ sure will make us not do that~ totally why I want to do it~" She teased, nudging him gently with her elbow as he- hopefully- started to eat something besides scraps.

"Hm. Does that work? Can we complete jutsus with each other? What happens if we do? Does it take chakra from both of us? Or just use your hand to finish molding mine?" She thought for a few moments. "That suggests there's multiple techniques we could pair together as long as they all end on the same handseal. That's an interesting idea!"

She hopped up and started idly trying to form one-handed seals, trying to remember everything she learned from Itsuki and Kazuto on the topic. "Hurry up and eat so we can hold hands! I mean get started!" More mischievous fox grins~

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 4, 2023 7:10:20 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "I already ate inside!" Daredemo groaned as Miroru got onto him for not eating. Rolling his eyes as he continued to pick away at his bento and snack lightly. "You saw me drop the omelette! I ate that one so that the little ones didn't have to. Next time I'll leave some space for your cooking, deal?"

Daredemo laughed along as Miroru continued to tease him, but when the conversation shifted into what to do about their training for today Daredemo couldn't help but shrug his shoulders. "Absolutely no clue. It might work! It might also be really dumb. No real way to know until we try I guess." he hadn't ever even thought to look up information like that. It had never really been something that had come up in the past, but Daredemo was always prepared to expand his training further. 

He was also more than willing to spend his morning holding Miroru's hands, but that seemed less prudent to the discussion, and so he left it to himself. "We'll just have to be careful that we both know what we're trying to pull off!. I have no idea what would happen if we were both trying to form separate jutsu, so we'd def at least wanna start with just doing the same one at the same time. But I'm sure you have your own ideas right?"

Daredemo had always been the type to be ecstatic at the prospect of training. Something about today, however. Something about doing that training with Miroru specifically. It made Daredemo even more excited than usual.
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 17, 2023 4:37:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Little ones, huh?" Miroru murmured, shifting to push her weight against his side, grinning half to herself. "You a fan of little ones, Dare~? Is that what we have to look forward to? Some boys drag home frogs or puppies- are you gonna fill our home with little ones~?" Snickering good-naturedly, she accepted his compromise and nodded. "Okay. Next time, then~!"

She nodded again as he pointed out they'd need to be careful. "Well, we can practice with some unthreatening jutsu. Maybe- hm. I wonder if it makes a difference if it's an internalized or externalized jutsu. Like, if we work together to make an exterior effect, I'm sure it'll just show up the once- but what if it's like. Henge no jutsu? Do we both transform if we finish the jutsu together? Hm."

She popped up to her feet and offered a hand to Dare to help him up as well. "We might as well get started! Gimme them fingies, boy!" She demanded, smothering a cackling laugh as she did!

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 19, 2023 14:53:14 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo nudged Miroru playfully with his shoulders as he laughed and blushed at her comments. "Absolutely not!" he exclaimed while searching through more of the food that had been provided to him, "Helping out around here is exhausting. Helping them out is fine but I couldn't do this for real." Daredemo leaned back, stretching his arms and back out and letting out a large yawn; as if to accentuate just how tiring all of his work  here at the orphanage was. In reality he liked helping out, but he still had heavy doubts that he would ever want his own kids, it just seemed like a lot of work. 

"Maybe I'll get a job here or something though, I don't know if it's really shinobi work but I can do it part time." Daredemo shrugged as he thought about his future. It didn't take long, however, for Miroru to draw him back to the present. He, of course, needed to get stronger now, not worry about what he'd be doing years into the future. He accepted the help up to his feet, being sure to intertwine his fingers with Miroru's as he stood, smiling at her softly. 

"Just try not to get to distracted okay? This is still serious training time!"
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 22, 2023 5:40:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 6/9 | notes

"Eheheh~ well, then you better be careful~" Miroru said, teasingly, amending it specifically a moment later. "Not to get too attached, I mean!"

"I think that'd suit you. You get intense and invested in things. Having something to keep you... I dunno. Softer? Grounded? Not sure what the word should be. But that'd be good. I feel like if both of us got too locked into something- y'know, like we do," which the Uchiha of course did regularly, "- then it'd be unfair to just have Itsuki as a safety net. We gotta keep that Uchiha fire in the fireplace and bonfires where it belongs!"

She squeezed his hand lightly in hers, then smirked as he suggested she'd get distracted. "Oh, big words from the big man! I can't afford to get distracted- I gotta show Dare-san the nanny man what I can do!" And just like that, she started forming an ominous set of handseals with her free hand! WHAT COULD SHE HAVE PLANNED?!

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 23, 2023 9:08:02 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo continues to laugh a bit at Miroru. Everything she was saying was very real. The both of them could get passionate quickly, and at times it could lead to problems. Itsuki wasn't always there to calm the flames in their heart, and it wasn't fair to ask him to do so. Miroru, in her own right, always made Daredemo calmer, unless someone was antagonizing the girl herself. So there was some small part of him that felt safe around Miroru, but maybe working here would help out even more. 

Those were questions for another day, however. For now, Daredemo had work to do, and he could feel Miroru's hand in his giving him the sign that it was time to keep moving forward. "I did a little bit of reading on it in the academy. I heard that a good way to do it is to visualize your chakra as if it was another hand, where normally your other one would be. Going through all the same movements you would." 

Daredemo began to snake the very basic hand signs for the clone technique, to see if he could at least figure out the visualization aspect of the training. He would look to Miroru and her signs as well, intrigued about what was yet to come. 
Clasped and Clashed [Training]Dec 23, 2023 23:36:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"... okay, this is gonna sound dumb, but sometimes I forget that like. People write down smart stuff for other people to read later and think my only options are "figure it out" or "find a teacher." I should...

I should probably stop doing that, huh."
Miroru coughed delicately.

"Kazuto said something similar, but he said it helps to exaggerate and fine tune the movements of your hand so it can better express the details you're attempting to use it to dictate. Sorta... uh, like- this!"

She finished the seals she was working on- and nothing happened. Frowning, she tried again, this time paying more attention to the exaggerated hand positioning, and this time, as she finished?

Water exploded outwards from her, drenching Dare on the spot!!!

The redhead cackled in triumph, holding tight to keep Dare from getting swept away as she watered the orphanage yard in an instant, leaving a few puddles all over as she snickered, gloating wordlessly. "Like that~"

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Mar 1, 2024 20:09:48 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo thought for a moment as he looked at Miroru, "I think my problem is often the opposite." he would have rubbed the back of his neck had his hands not been occupied. "In the academy I rarely even talked to the instructors unless I was being chastised. I just buried my nose in books, not giving much credence to the guidance of the instructors." Dare thought to the instructors that he had somewhat listened to since leaving the academy. How it had helped him to grow quickly as a shinobi. It had been solely to his benefit, and he had neglected it for a long time.

Dare tried to focus on making his signs. He tried once, and nothing. And as he began to sign again he was knocked off his feet by a splash of water from his more accomplished friend in Miroru. She had seemed to have at least artly figured things out, and saved Dare from being swept away by her own attack. Dare laughed at the exchange, not seeming to care that their clothes had gotten wet. 

Dare paused for a moment, thinking about the advice given to him by Miroru. He tried once again, this time making a far more exaggerated motion so he could more easily picture the changes. In a puff of smoke a clone of him did appear, a rather misshapen,  abstract version of his appearance. Clearly he had done something wrong in his technique. 

Clasped and Clashed [Training]Mar 4, 2024 23:53:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"I mean, we both got through the academy pretty young, so. I think our methods worked for us, even if they coulda been improved by picking up some habits from each other." She elbowed the boy gently, smirking. "We can make up for lost time. I can lead inventive prank workshops, and you can let me put my head in your lap while you read smart stuff out loud."

The misshapen clone made Miroru squawk, pointing frantically. "It's the version of you from my nightmares! Before I figured out all the pointy bristles were hiding an adorably handsome and squishy interior!" She retorted with her own clones- insubstantial ones, though she had to try a couple times to get it right now that she was a bit less focused! "Maybe it's like an alligator. If we stay still, it might not see us..."