Ikebana clan

NAME: Toge [Thorns]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Activate] | Low [Drain]
CLASSIFICATION: Hijutsu | Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: User's Primary
HANDSEALS: N/A
REQUIREMENT: Satori no ko and Chakra Control Special Abilities 
DESCRIPTION:
The user funnels chakra to a specific area, encouraging the growth of the flower within and grows large thorns from their body derived from the flower families they are bound to. It is useful as both a defensive and offensive technique, stopping low level taijutsu and providing a means of attack should all weapons be lost. 

Ikebana clan

NAME: Shaketsu Kan[Bloodletting Stem]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Activate] 
ELEMENT: N/A
REQUIREMENT: Satori no ko and Chakra Control Special Abilities |Toge
DESCRIPTION:
The user pulls the stem of a flower from their body and uses their chakra to harden it into a weapon, usually some kind of sword or polearm. The weapon's initial shape can be decided on draw but cannot be changed after leaving the host's body. The weapons are not chakra conducive or conductive and function as regular kunai, swords, etc. Can only create simple blunt or bladed weapons. [Rank D - C weapon] 

Ikebana clan

NAME: Uroko[Scales]
CHAKRA USAGE:  Medium [Drain]
REQUIREMENT: Satori no ko and Chakra Control Special Abilities 
DESCRIPTION:
Using their innate ability to produce flowers and parts of the flower within their own body, the user brings petals to their flesh, hardening them in a protective layer by manipulating the chakra flow to a specific area. The scales can only be brought to bear in patches and could not be used to cover the entire body. The scales are hard enough to protect the user from blades and some jutsu, though fire jutsu will burn them away. 

Ikebana clan

NAME: Ikebana Saidan [Flower Alter]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: 3 - Horse - Tiger - Snake [Place palm(s) on earth]
REQUIREMENT: Satori no ko and Chakra Control Special Abilities | Eien no Teien
DESCRIPTION:
The user creates a wave of flowers by touching earth and spreading their seeds through the earth, pumping chakra into them to grow rapidly. The wave extends in a straight line towards the enemy up to seven meters away, exploding on contact or by remote detonation. The flowers that remain behind retain their explosive nature but only by hand seal activation, not contact. 

Ikebana clan

NAME: Hanabira Fubuki[Petal Blizzard]
CHAKRA USAGE: High [Activate] | Medium [Drain]
CLASSIFICATION: Hijutsu - Ninjutsu
HANDSEALS: 6 - Ox | Horse | Bird | Tiger | Monkey | Dragon
REQUIREMENT: Satori no ko and Chakra Control Special Abilities |Eien no Hana
DESCRIPTION:
Having mastered the ability to control flower petals of the user produces, the user kneads their primary chakra nature into the petals, allowing them to add elemental effects to their storm of petals. For example, a fire nature user might ignite the petals creating a storm of flaming petals or a lightning user might make petals that shock on contact. This jutsu does not increase the amount of petals controlled and can only be used when Eien no Hana is currently being used. This technique's control range is shorter than Eien no Hana at 30 meters.

last edit by Ikebana Kadō on Feb 28, 2024 21:45:53 GMT -5
Gil has written 0 posts
Aki no Mai | | Dance of Autumn | | HIJUTSUFeb 29, 2024 6:29:14 GMT -5
Toff E
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation

Hihi Gil! Welcome to the site btw, I know we've interacted a little but I don't think I ever officially said it.

For the most part these look good! Most of what I see is what I believe to be missing words? I'll point stuff out as I go down the list. Otherwise the big thing I can say I see is handseals being kinda low if existant. I do not see the Ikebana jutsu needing a huge ton of handseals given what they do - but they would still need some level of them. I believe the jutsu guide has what we usually accept as the minimums for a given rank, I will just list it though somewhere in each overview of changes needed.

Toge - Specific Area [of the body] - I am assuming that the [] is whats missing here for specificity. While it may be annoyingly specific, its an important distinction to make given the Ikebana Hijutsu is internal and not external. I'd add at least two hand seals here.

Shaketsu Kan - Change the rank to C. I'd add three hand seals. Otherwise here, no actual issue but this is always an awesome add to a repetiore.

Uroko - Three hand seals seems acceptable here. where it says some jutsu I believe the phrase [some physically damaging jutsu] instead. Which ties it to the fact it also protects from blades, but it wouldn't really stop raiton or katon too well thanks to them mostly being energy and heat.

Ikebana Saidan - I'd need a link to Eien no Teien on the requisite line if its required same with Eien no Hana just below on Hanabira Fubuki. My initial reaction for this though is even with its short range this probably needs more handseals, lets call it seven - still more then doable in a rotation but explaining why its a potentially deadly B-Rank jutsu.

Hanabira Fubuki - Much like what I believe has been said by Yofie in a different review this last one would be best as its own set of 5 techs each with their own different elemental additive effects. I would highly recommend removing this one from this list and remaking it as 5 distinct jutsu. The other idea would be for you to change this one to be your character's main element of use and making the other four later - which I think might be the quicker solution. I'd add another three hand seals here up to nine.

has written 96,183 posts