Towers [M:B]

compose a reply
Towers [M:B]Mar 20, 2024 22:44:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

Mission Title: Towers

Mission Rank: B-rank

NPC Required: Open

Random Mission Scenario: Enabled

Participants:

Open, Repeatable five times

The port city on the east coast of the country is a potential attacking point for the countries enemy's so improving the defences of the port can been seen as an important step in stopping an enemy advance coming by sea. while building simple guard towers is minor its a starting step in being able to see the enemy coming and having warning in advance. A building order has been approved to begin construction of five guard towers within the port city in order to provide the port city with advance knowledge of an attack by sea, it will allow oversea of vision for miles around. Each guard tower will allow be supplied with a small guard tower with a small team of shinobi to guard each one. The construction of the guard towers is the task and to oversee that it goes as planned so all five towers are build. The various groups of low-lifes that don't want the towers to be build could involve missing nin controlling them same with the smuggling mission, they don't want towers overlooking there business.[One tower per mission]

"So our job today, right? We're on overwatch. For a tower that's gonna be used for... being on overwatch. So we're doing overwatch for future overwatch. We're future sentries. Is that right?"

Miroru asked as she laced her hands behind her head. She was kitted out for active duty, so despite the lack of seriousness in her banter, she was ready to do what she had to. Her gunbai was strapped to her back; her flak jacket was in place; and she had her pouches full of gear for every situation she'd thought of ahead of time.

Including being stuck on overwatch for a tower someone else was building.

Nearby, Miroru had plunked down a portable radio that she had, also, brought batteries for. Lots of them. Enough to listen for the whole stint on guard duty and then some. So it was happily buzzing in the background, low enough not to drown much out, but enough to give them something fun to tune into between conversations.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Mar 25, 2024 3:43:05 GMT -5
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
Towers [M:B]Mar 24, 2024 18:37:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday January 15 rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor

I pace, now upon

The Port City was a place he had some passing familiarity with, his father even more so.

Plenty of seedy elements to be found here, and his 'true' work had seen him travel here several times over the years for purposes of dispatching said elements. Only then, he was alone, in the dark, wearing his mask, tanto in hand.

Not his time. "I think that's just about the gist of it." Izusa replied with a small chuckle, his usual smile taking hold on his lips afterward. To his pleasant surprise, he was partnered up with a relative of his, Uchiha Miroru, for this particular assignment. An accomplished kunoichi in her own right, and beyond that, wise for her age. "A rarity."

Izusa thought, mind turning to some of their older clansmen with less sense then a girl of fourteen. Miroru proved herself one of the few Uchiha not beholden to the foolish past, and as such, represented the future of the clan along with their younger cousins. Anyone with courage enough to stand up for what they believed in had his respect...

...especially since he himself was so devoid of idealism, these days. Though he appeared as modest and relaxed as ever, in truth he was already on alert. Today, he wore a mask of a different kind. The same one he wore every day.

That of an unassuming academy instructor. "Let's hope things stay boring and quiet." He said, his eyes focused on scanning the passing crowds as the soft tune played in the background. The song itself was quiet enough, and it also reminded him that he didn't know much about many of his relatives. So while they had the time, he would use it.

At least until something more pressing caught their attention. "Do you listen to much music, Miroru-chan?"

Yenga has written 122 posts
Towers [M:B]Mar 25, 2024 3:50:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

The song changed to something a bit more upbeat in the background as they kept talking.

"That'd be nice. We can handle it if it doesn't, but... it's always better not to. Someone always gets hurt. Maybe village folk, maybe just dumb bandits, but it's better if it doesn't come to that. What's the saying? The best weapon's one you never have to swing?"

A small voice came from Miroru's lap as they chatted idly. "North-northeast, East-southeast, south-south west, and west-northwest all reporting lack of trouble. All clear." It was a bakenokawa, one of the tiny foxes perpetually in Miroru's presence, a village summon with the ability to communicate with its fellows at a distance. Excellent scouts and sentries.

"I like to. I'm too busy too lots of times, but I can make time now and then. Throw the radio on while I'm training if I'm not using Raiton- it'll usually scramble the signals, y'know?"

Towers [M:B]Mar 26, 2024 1:35:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The old battlements, and stare

Listening to the younger Uchiha speak, Izusa could do little else but nod in apparent agreement.

Miroru was absolutely right— and her words once again displayed a level of foresight that others simply lacked for one reason or another. "'And the hapless ninja sigh...'" He recited quietly. "'Runs in blood down manor walls.'"

An excerpt from a poem, and one to her point. Should conflict arise, it wouldn't be just them who suffered. Civilians, the builders, even the bandits themselves who were most likely just trying to feed their families. Of course, he'd been trained to disregard such costs, and the prospect of collateral damage never stopped him from fulfilling his duties...

But he was still sympathetic towards their plights. "Exactly right." Izusa replied to the girl with a glance and his usual smile. "With luck, our only role today will be as deterrence, and nothing more." Then again, luck was a fickle thing, and truthfully he doubted the effectiveness of such strategies. Still, orders were orders, so his gaze soon turned back.

Towards the various passers-by.  Nothing yet... but he knew well of the criminal dealings here and in the far distant Border Town. Rumblings of a bold, dangerous new player on the scene. "What did that cutpurse call him?" He thought, recalling his mission with Ataru. "The 'Half-Smiling Man'?" Said town was on the opposite end of the country. Though, if there was one universal truth about crime lords, it was that they were all ambitious. If this figure had enough rep to bring all the ne'er-do-wells there under his thumb... "His influence is likely larger than we know."

The instructor's thoughts were interrupted by a new voice, and he looked to see a small critter in the younger Uchiha's lap. "A fox?" He thought, false smile still holding. Animals tended to avoid him, typically possessing some instinctive understanding of his true nature. "They seem like helpful little allies." He commented, then turned.

Eyes narrowing as he looked for anything suspicious. "Nothing at all?" He thought, scanning for signs of weaponry or shady types congregating nearby. "I guess it's a good thing.. it's just surprising." Maybe he'd been skulking around in the dark too much? Grown too paranoid from years with the Foundation. Izusa remained quiet as he looked on, listening to Miroru speak about song as he kept watch. "I know what you mean about being too busy..." He said.

It seemed like every peer he spoke to recently had the same issue. As good as he typically was about concealing his feelings, a faint tinge of regret seeped into his smile. "I wish I had more time to write." But this was his lot in life. For the moment they appeared to have some free time, so he was content enough to make conversation. Hopefully...

Conversation was all they would need to do, though he had his well-founded doubts.

Towers [M:B]Mar 26, 2024 1:51:28 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru leans her head back and eyes the sky quietly. "... tell me something. What if... all the time and effort we spent training meant nothing? What if all that time away from our families and friends and- yeah, and writing- what if it was all... for nothing?"

She sits more upright and shakes her head. "I know it isn't. This isn't that kind of story. We don't get the shocking satisfaction of finding our world ascending to peace and tranquility. But... what if it did? What if suddenly, the wars were over and the shinobi wasn't needed and everything you've trained and developed and sacrificed just meant... nothing? Would you feel relieved? Or... like...

Cheated out of all that time and... missed opportunity? I-"

"East-southeast."

The little fox spoke from behind its ANBU mask and interjected. "There's some suspicious activity. Individuals gathering. Could be nothing, but they've all obscured their identity somewhat. Headdresses. Masks. Veils. None the same but... odd there's so many."

A pause, a tilt of the tiny head.

"South by southwest, too. Someone's going to have a rough day. Might not be you lot.

But it might be."

Miroru's gaze slid onto Izusa and, briefly, she just looked...

Tired.

It didn't last. Her eyes shifted to their wards, and the look steeled, drowned in resolve as she pushed to her feet, fox scrambling up to hide in her hood as she patted her rear off.

"What do you think? Feign ignorance to draw them in, or give up the advantage to possibly scare them off?"

Feel free to move things along, I just introduced the gathering to build some momentum!

Towers [M:B]Mar 26, 2024 23:34:03 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

On the foundations

Miroru posed a series of questions, and rather surprisingly, the instructor was caught off guard.

Not an easy feat by any means... but the surprise only further proved his suspicion about his younger relative. She was intelligent, and mindful well beyond her years. Izusa kept his eyes focused, but listened to her intently.

Considering his own words carefully before he responded. "It might be for nothing." He said, his smile seeming to fade. "At present, I mean." This topic was... a tricky one, for him. Like many things he spoke about, it would be a delicate balancing act. Izusa paused, taking a moment to ponder it all. "We tell ourselves what we do is for survival." 

He began, but how much of his true opinion did he want to reveal? "Since the world is the way that it is... there is war. And we fight, and we die, over and over..." The instructor shook his head slightly as he spoke, quite clearly in disapproval of the current state of things. Of the way they'd been for hundreds of years. "...but what meaning does any of it have? Beyond our own circular reasoning— the sacrifices you mentioned?" Izusa stopped himself for a moment, his mind turning to his late squadmate. Hayase Satoji, a boy younger than Miroru, slain by a rain of arrows.

For what? Ryō in the daimyō's pocket? "Do we lay the responsibility for our actions at the graves of the fallen?" He asked, slowly turning to stare at the girl. "Or does someone stand up... and finally make a change?" It was a cyclical problem, deeply-rooted and entrenched in every facet of their lives. Any solution would be hard— bloody, by necessity. "I know that... wasn't really what you were asking, so—" An interruption, talk of suspicious individuals. It seemed their time to relax was in fact over. Like a switch had been flipped, the instructor's smile returned, using only the periphery of his sharp eyesight to glance east-southeast. "There." He thought, catching a few of the masked figures in the corner of his vision. "Never give up the advantage, little cousin." Came his assured reply. "We feign."

Something he was quite practiced in, appearing to be nonchalantly conversing from a distance. The more of them they could draw out into the open, the easier it would be to deal with them, and the less likely an ambush would be.

Or so his experience told him, anyway. Izusa saw movement, a group of four figures shuffling around, reaching for weapons from the look of it. "I wonder if any of them are ninja..." He thought. "...but I suppose it doesn't matter." The instructor looked to his relative. "Can you cover me from here?" A question, the unknowns drawing closer. Some meters away, a group of three masks approached from the opposite side. All set to converge on the tower soon. In seconds, there would be conflict. "I'll seize the initiative... before they can harm the laborers." He muttered, his smile wavering as he turned his gaze to the advancing bogeys. His dark eyes narrowed, and he felt something click.

Old instincts returning to the fore. "To answer your question, Miroru-chan..." Izusa brought both hands up and formed a single Hitsuji seal. "I feel cheated, now." In a whir of movement, the Shunshin no Jutsu carried him away, and down towards the figures. Only to stop a few feet in front of the odd group, his back facing the tower itself.

"Kindly take your hands off your weapons." A request, his gaze shifting between each of the figures. By the time he reached them, his smile was gone. Cold, uncaring, a dangerous glint in his eye. "I'd rather not bloody the pavement."

As he confronted the four figures on this side, the group of three continued their slow advance. It would be up to Miroru to watch them now... at least until one group or the other made the first move. Had he been in his Foundation guise, this conversation never would've happened. But he was a teacher today, not a masked killer.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

JISEISHIN - ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL

"Self control." Possessing only average chakra reserves, Izusa learned early on to keep his energy expenditure minimal. Using only the required amount of chakra and nothing more to perform his jutsu. This allows him to not only ration out his chakra more efficiently, but to remain active in battle for longer periods of time without tiring. Restraint is vital to any ninja.

SHARINGAN - KKG

Wielder of his clan's legendary dōjutsu, the Sharingan gives Izusa incredible sensory awareness. Color springs to life in vivid hues and his clarity is enhanced, making even chakra visible to his red eyes. Still incomplete since its awakening, it requires further improvement. As his one tomoe spins, his eyes allow him to perceive his opponent to an enhanced degree and follow their movements with more ease. Understanding firsthand the great cost that comes with furthering one's Sharingan, Izusa is in no rush to develop it soon. Instead utilizing it only when necessary and treating his Kekkei Genkai like any other skill. Notably, his dominant right eye has a tendency to activate first on its own when his emotions rise.

ONKOCHISHIN - INTELLIGENCE

"Review past, know future." An avid reader for as long as he can remember, Izusa is ever thoughtful. Scrolls on poetry, life, war, tactics, human nature— all providing him keen insight into others. Making him an experienced tactician. Applying this to his shinobi training, his sharp mind allows him to read situations and opponents expertly. Concocting masterful plans even in the midst of combat to compensate for his own shortcomings and capitalize on weaknesses in their defenses.
last edit by Uchiha Izusa on Mar 26, 2024 23:34:39 GMT -5
Towers [M:B]Mar 27, 2024 23:45:55 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Yeah." Some of what Miroru did was definitely for survival. The Fox would rampage if left unchecked before someone could break through that furious grudge of his, but... she couldn't very well discuss that now, could she?

"I wouldn't mind if it was for nothing, I think. Knowing that it was over, that nobody else has to die or lose relatives or burn themselves up serving the village... that'd be... that'd be great, I think. If I was the last one that had to."

She thought on that a bit. "Maybe... the answer is to use the costs already paid and change direction. Build enough strength to finally unite the villages and burn away the reasons for division, enough to halt those who would see the world on fire. And then... just fade away. Let the world move forward in a better direction than it does now."

She nodded, as the conversation shifted to business. "Okay. The foxes have eyes on them, so I'll let them manage overwatch." She glanced discretely towards his focus, and nodded discretely. "Oh, yeah. Easily. Just make sure to avoid puddles, if any crop up."

His declaration, before he left, though, made her sad. He already felt cheated. She hated that for him, sincerely. But it'd have to wait.

She kept watch as he moved to intercept the first group, let the fox watch the others, much less notable in her lap. She was ready, her senses and reflexes honed and prepared to twist her to her feet and let loose on either group if needed.

But she hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Come on, dorks. Just... back off. You're blown.

Don't make me do this.

Towers [M:B]Mar 28, 2024 22:28:29 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Of a house, or where

To hear the younger Uchiha speak on these matters was a relief, and it gave him some hope for the youth.

Only to quickly find itself at odds with his own deeply-ingrained cynicism, forced into him by those schemers, spies, and killers who first got their hands on him when he was not much younger than Miroru. A duality existed within.

Something he would have to reconcile one day... but not now, in the midst of a mission. "You might be right." Was all he said in reply to her musings, a weak smile appearing on his face. "No puddles." He repeated. "Got it." Then, he made his move, putting the conversation from his mind as his face turned to stone. Izusa's warning gave them pause.

But a twitch soon caught his eye, and he knew that battle was upon them. "Wrong move." Izusa thought, then pursed his lips. A shrill whistle sounded out, his Kousou placing the largest of the masked figures under a subtle, disorienting illusion. Simultaneously, his right hand reached across his waist, to grab hold of his katana's tsuka. He'd been working on his reflexes... and was able to draw a moment before them. "You should've walked away." A thought.

Then, several swift glints of steel, his blade beginning to spin in his hand like some buzzsaw as his Chikawaga grew into a sudden flurry. One cut, two, three— deep enough to send several trails of red spattering to the ground below.

Izusa's face remained unflinching, watching between strikes as two of the hostiles backpedaled and one fell motionless to the ground. The fourth, still under his genjutsu, retained enough motor control to swing a short blade into his own, halting his whirlwind of slashes and locking weapons with him. Albeit clumsily, due to the illusion. 

Though his back remained to the tower itself, he was still focused enough on this group to be easily blindsided by the other group. "I'll leave them to Miroru-chan." The instructor thought, pushing on the man's blade with his own.

Miroru was chūnin for a reason, and he had no cause to doubt her abilities. Together, they would finish this mission.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Kousou [Fighting Confused]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
After a shrill whistle, the user will cast a Genjutsu over their opponent. After they hear the whistle, it will seem as if the world around them begins to spin. Everything turning upside down, making them almost unable to move without falling over. Leaving the opponent extremely disorientated.

NAME: Chikawaga [Thousand Rill Fang]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
The user emphasizes striking down the enemy with speed instead of power, dazzling foes with a barrage of flickering cuts. These nearly simultaneous attacks are not meant to split flesh with a single strike, as each cut only leaves a knife-like wound, but instead to overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers. This forces the foe to stay on the defensive, lest they risk being carved up by the user's sword.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

"Self control." Possessing only average chakra reserves, Izusa learned early on to keep his energy expenditure minimal. Using only the required amount of chakra and nothing more to perform his jutsu. This allows him to not only ration out his chakra more efficiently, but to remain active in battle for longer periods of time without tiring. Restraint is vital to any ninja.

SHARINGAN - KKG

Wielder of his clan's legendary dōjutsu, the Sharingan gives Izusa incredible sensory awareness. Color springs to life in vivid hues and his clarity is enhanced, making even chakra visible to his red eyes. Still incomplete since its awakening, it requires further improvement. As his one tomoe spins, his eyes allow him to perceive his opponent to an enhanced degree and follow their movements with more ease. Understanding firsthand the great cost that comes with furthering one's Sharingan, Izusa is in no rush to develop it soon. Instead utilizing it only when necessary and treating his Kekkei Genkai like any other skill. Notably, his dominant right eye has a tendency to activate first on its own when his emotions rise.

"Review past, know future." An avid reader for as long as he can remember, Izusa is ever thoughtful. Scrolls on poetry, life, war, tactics, human nature— all providing him keen insight into others. Making him an experienced tactician. Applying this to his shinobi training, his sharp mind allows him to read situations and opponents expertly. Concocting masterful plans even in the midst of combat to compensate for his own shortcomings and capitalize on weaknesses in their defenses.
Towers [M:B]Mar 28, 2024 22:56:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
As the four on Izusa engaged, Miroru's heart sank.

It's blood they want, child.

I know.

Will you let them claim it?

We both know you will not.

Come now, child. There's no need for that. Simply take pride in a job you can do well.

Protect them~

It was a deceit. She knew that even before she felt the delighted rage inside her bubble with laughter that melted past chuckles into cackling glee as her hands started moving, started forming seals with blinding speed. Just a few. One to activate her gloves. Another to wrap her hands in reinforced, condensed chakra barriers.

Then she moved.

Izusa could have tracked her movement- provided he allowed the Sharingan to help him. One moment, she was by the radio. The next, she was between the men, and the space from one to the other was simply a streak of electric swiftness. A taijutsu technique used to accelerate rapidly and deliver blows with shocking efficiency.

Which, as became clear when the trio buckled and staggered back, she had clearly done.

Before the men fully realized they had an enemy in their midst, they were stumbling back, coughing and hacking from blows delivered to sides and midsections with blinding speed and brutal precision, leaving them surrounding a petite redhead with a big fan strapped to her back that she wasn't even wielding. And yet she'd exploded into being between them and landed blows already?!

"Last chance. You're not hurting anyone today. Whether it's because you leave or fall isn't up to me."

Activated Kekkai: Strengthen to turn on her gloves.
Activated Kekkai: Gauntlets (boosted to B-rank offense/defense).
Raiippo'd into the center of the trio and delivered a few blows to each with the speed granted.

Towers [M:B]Apr 2, 2024 20:11:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Trees, sooty fingers

On the fringe of his sight, he noticed a blur of motion. "Miroru." He thought, the larger man pushing back despite his genjutsu's effects and succeeding in forcing him back a step. "Good... now I can focus on these remaining three."

Raw strength had never been his focus, and it was clear that whoever this masked figure was had the upper hand in sheer power. Fortunately, he was still unbalanced from the whistle. "I need to make this next strike count." Once damage had been dealt, the illusion would surely break. "Heart, lungs..." Izusa thought, glancing to the man's chest.

Too well-guarded, even in his slight stupor. The instructor's eyes flicked upwards, to the hood covering most of the man's head. "Throat." He decided, his gaze narrowing even further. Izusa readied himself, to deflect, then strike... but before he could, a single arrow sliced through the air to strike him squarely in his left shoulder. "What?!" A moment of confusion, the bolt's head just barely piercing through his back then embedding itself. Blood leaked from the wound, staining his haori. "Miroru!" Izusa shouted instinctually to warn her. "An archer!" His training took over.

Sliding his blade off of the larger man's to sidestep him completely, one of his hands rising from his sword's hilt to grip the arrow's shaft, then break it with a wince. The other two men still standing closed to attack him just then.

Izusa shuffled past the nearest one, barely evading a slash as the whooshing of more arrows drew nearer. He grabbed hold of the figure closest to him with his free hand, forcing him around to use as a human shield. Dull thuds sounded out as a barrage of three arrows struck the masked figure, all in vital areas. "They lead their shots?" He thought.

Glancing quickly to the dying man he stood behind. "No regard for their comrades' lives..." To have almost hit him after his repositioning meant that the shooter had to have anticipated his actions. Dark eyes peered out from around the man's shoulder, scanning the rooftops. The glint of a nocked arrow gave away the perpetrator. "There." Even from this distance, he could see a figure in a beige hooded cloak, shortbow in hand with an arrow ready to launch.

Pointed directly at his current position. Izusa's breathing steadied... and then red bled into the darkness of his eyes, his Sharingan coloring his fierce glare. The clarity afforded to him showed more detail, but the sharpshooter was still too far to make out any distinguishing characteristics. Farther than the range of their weapon should've allowed. Either they were incredibly lucky, or this was an expert marksman they were dealing with. "It's them— it has to be." The same archer who fired on him and Ataru only months ago. Abandoning the fight to go pursue the marksman would leave the workers vulnerable. "But if we don't do anything, they'll pick them off from afar."

A dilemma... and one he needed to make a judgement call on right then. Izusa dropped his katana, pushing the figure he used as a shield towards the other two figures before dashing to the side. An arrow narrowly missed his thigh as he did. His fingers moved to form a series of three hand seals, casting the Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu as he darted past Miroru, to place three of the remaining assailants near her under an illusion. One in which a crowd of similarly dressed masked figures appeared to reinforce them, and both Izusa and Miroru would vanish from their sight. 

Izusa turned to the younger Uchiha. "Can you handle these five?" A tall order, even if none of them appeared to be able to use chakra. But hopefully his genjutsu would make the task a bit easier as his gaze turned towards the rooftops. Already the archer was readying another barrage of arrows— this time aimed at one of the workers.

A ticking countdown to disaster... and one they needed to stop immediately. "We have to deal with that one." To prepare, he formed another Tora seal, building his chakra, ready to take off towards the archer at a moment's notice. 

Splitting forces was rarely an ideal situation... but with a deadeye far above them, something had to be done.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu - [Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Low Continuous]
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: Entering Area of Effect (30m)
DESCRIPTION:
A genjutsu that allows one to trick others into mistaking the place they're in for another. This technique's main feature is that it can be cast over an extensive surface, therefore any and all who step into the illusion's area of effect will fall under the spell. That said, it might not work so well on people who are well-versed or otherwise skilled in genjutsu. [Is only effective once upon a target unless recast]

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

SHARINGAN - KKG

last edit by Uchiha Izusa on Apr 19, 2024 23:34:03 GMT -5
Towers [M:B]Apr 2, 2024 23:41:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
@name | ### | notes

Izusa's response from Miroru, as the situation turned deadly, was a single handseal. One-handed, setting a wave of Suiton into motion across her gunbai as she nodded. "Go." In the instants before he took off, the Sharingan caught the sight of something unusual. Chakra, flickers of it, augmenting her eyes. If he didn't know any better, she could have been using some sort of protoSharingan.

But that'd be silly.

As Izusa, presumably, took off, Miroru sighed. "Sorry, guys. I'll try to be gentle."

With that ominous comment, though, she grabbed her war fan- and in a heartbeat, she'd pivoted through a picture perfect swipe, moving as if wielding a blade but instead using the gunbai to deliver an absolutely crushing sweeping blow. Onlookers might later report a sense of staggered impact as she swept the gunbai through the illusioned, completely unprepared ambushers, striking one-two-three and hurling them to the side to land in a groaning heap, a collection of fractures and bruises immediately convincing the trio they had better things to do.

Like lie there and pass out.

Miroru didn't get time to relax, though- the two on the tail of her partner arrived, the lighter one crashing into her first and lashing out with a pair of cheap, heavy-duty cleavers! Miroru's reflexes spared her as she wheeled, putting her speed to use as she countered the blows, smacking them aside with the reinforced barrier from her gauntlets, concluding with a twin-fisted strike as she detonated the gauntlet's barrier fields and catapulted the would-be assailant right back into the largest of the original seven-

-only to be slapped aside barehanded as the hulking survivor rushed Miroru with a roar!

Towers [M:B]Apr 7, 2024 20:40:05 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Start from the lush earth, and send

Chakra flickered in Miroru's eyes as he stared at the younger Uchiha, something that his dōjutsu was able to detect just before he began his advance. "Don't get caught in the open." Izusa warned, and as serious as he seemed...

A bit of 'protective older cousin' still seeped into his tone. Still, he was certain that Miroru could handle herself as she'd already proven. So he turned his red gaze to the rooftops, funneled chakra to the soles of his feet, and took off using the Shunshin no Jutsu once more. Despite the speed at which he moved, his Sharingan was honed on his target.

Seeing the arrow that was loosed at one of the workers clearly even as he bounded up and between the port's rooftops. "There." he thought, releasing his hand seal midair as he jumped to intercept the bolt. A hand fell to the wakizashi at his hip, and relying on the reaction time he'd been honing, he drew the short blade and sliced the projectile's shaft cleanly in two. Stopping the projectile in flight... only to be struck by another as he landed.

Izusa winced as the arrow buried itself in the left side his abdomen, but as his feet touched down on the adjacent roof, he instinctively shifted direction and continued his forward advance. Moving closer and closer to the archer who stood fast with another arrow already prepared. "I need to close the distance." He thought, doing his best to ignore the pain in his shoulder and midsection as he leapt. The follow-up shot was loosed, and the tomoe in his eyes began to spin. "If I take another one of those I'm done for." As it flew, his red gaze predicted its path clearly and his own body reacted— catching up with his enhanced perception. "I see it." One step to the side, a tilt of his body...

And the arrow just barely whistled past his head. "You, again..." The instructor said coldly, his breathing slightly labored and his momentum halting as he landed on a rooftop near the shooter. From here, he could see what looked to be strands of pale blue hair peeking out from underneath their hood. The archer said nothing, however, instead nocking three arrows simultaneously, and firing them all in response. Izusa's hand tightened around his wakizashi's hilt, then he jumped. Towards the volley as his right arm lashed about furiously, his Kazowaga rending the arrows mid-flight as his eyes tracked them between strikes. "This ends— now." he said, but before his blade reached...

The archer dashed a pellet on the ground, enveloping the area in a thick black smoke. "A smoke bomb." He recognized instantly, his trajectory forcing him into the cloud. Izusa instinctively swiped, but the figure was already gone. "He's probably repositioning." For the moment, he crouched within the smoke, using it to his own advantage.

If he couldn't see out, the marksman wouldn't be able to see in, which gave him a precious few moments to come up with a plan of attack. His breathing was growing heavier, and he took the reprieve to grip the arrow in his abdomen.

Snapping its shaft like he had the first, so it wouldn't snag in close combat. "Think, Izusa." he told himself. "Think."

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Kazowaga [Thousand Rill Fang]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
By increasing the velocity behind the Thousand Rill Fang, the user can create a virtual wall of slicing steel in front of his or herself. With a second blade in hand, or with a rotational movement, the user can turn the wall of blades into a dome of daggers, cutting all things around them. One cannot risk reaching striking range without being struck down by dozens of knife-like cuts, deterring foes from getting too close to the user.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

SHARINGAN - KKG

last edit by Uchiha Izusa on Apr 19, 2024 23:33:51 GMT -5
Towers [M:B]Apr 10, 2024 0:36:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
The rushing hulk of a survivor bore down on Miroru and smashed into her like a landslide. She was well trained, but the simple fact of the matter was that this fellow was all brawn, and she wasn't. His blows weren't nearly enough to damage her hyper-reinforced gunbai, but her guard was at its limit as he dropped staggering blow after staggering blow, crushing at her form and stability as the impacts shuddered down her arms.

If she hadn't developed enhanced vision, his surprise attack would almost surely have done her in. Or at least wounded her enough to force the Fox out, which would have, itself, surely done her in.

He spun and started a blow she recognized, one usually used with a sword, but doable with any handled weapon, a high-speed swipe designed to outpace defenses and sneak blows in that had no right to land otherwise. In a riotously quick sequence of maneuvers, Miroru dropped her grip on her gunbai and leaped into the arc of the turn, accelerating her movement to halt the momentum before it built with a simple, close-quarters block to his arm before he gets his leverage going, and-

-eats a kick to the chest that drags a startled, pained cry from the girl as she goes CATAPULTING into a nearby shack, a gush of dust and dirt and splinters blasting out in the aftermath!

Towers [M:B]Apr 12, 2024 6:08:48 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Imagination

Smoke swirled around him as he knelt on the rooftop. "Katon's a bad idea here— too much collateral damage."

It would definitely make fighting a ranged specialist much easier... but he had other avenues. "If I keep advancing, he'll keep retreating, probably with more diversions." An archer being worthless up close was a natural assumption, and judging by the speed with which the marksman retreated, a safe one to make. "And if I can't get a visual..."

The Uchiha ran through the catalogue of techniques he knew, settling on the perfect one. "I just need him within earshot." Izusa's red gaze narrowed, and before the cloud of dark smoke could get any thinner, he leapt out of it.

Catching sight of an arrow's glint at the last moment, and bringing his short blade up to deflect off of its flat. The arrowhead veered right right and sliced his cheek, but he ignored it, along with the warm, wet feeling on his face. A little blood was a necessary sacrifice to bring down a foe of this caliber... and that was exactly what he intended on doing. After a short bit of airtime, his sandals clacked on the rooftop, his red eyes finding his target easily enough once he looked in the direction the projectile came from. Several meters away, drawing another arrow to fire.

Izusa wasted no time, bounding between buildings to close the distance, keeping his movements erratic to give the archer a more difficult shot, but the marksman's trained eye followed him every step of the way. Once he got within maybe ten feet of him, just before the shooter fired, the instructor reached out... and snapped his fingers. Sharply, a single time, another illusion taking hold as his Utakata wormed its way into his target's mind. Normally when he used this genjutsu, people screamed or panicked. The archer was hooded, but his eyes saw clearly...

Not even a single droplet of sweat on the figure's brow. "It doesn't matter," he thought as he dashed towards the cloaked shooter. "I only need a second." Izusa landed well within the archer's guard, winded back, and slashed. His blade slicing through the marksman's collar bone and neck diagonally, a sure kill... until a plume of smoke erupted. "Kawarimi?" The fluttering cloak left behind confirmed it, and his eyes widened in realization. "I didn't even see any hand seals." It was some feat, especially for his perception. "He fired before I left the cloud... and readied a jutsu." Whoever he was, he was ridiculously quick. Izusa swiveled his gaze and spotted the archer, uncloaked, bow in hand. "You fight well, Uchiha-san."

Finally, he spoke. A youthful, restrained voice sounding out even as he aimed another arrow at the instructor. "But it will not be enough." Izusa's fingers twitched as they both stood their ground, waiting for the other to move. This was a battle that would be decided by small errors, one way or the other.

A surprising foe for him to find... and one whose acquaintance with masked cutthroats begged many questions. Izusa could only hope that Miroru fared better, and that she could hold her ground until he got back. If he got back at all.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Utakata [Ephemeral]
ELEMENT: N/A
REQUIREMENTS Sharignan
DESCRIPTION:
With a snap of the fingers, the user will cast a genjuts over their opponent. Making it seem as if those they cared about began growing out of their body. These apparitions appearing disfigured, as if they had been killed. Accusing the one caught in the Genjutsu about their greatest insecurities. Once the technique is cast, the opponent is physically immobilized.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

SHARINGAN - KKG

last edit by Uchiha Izusa on Apr 19, 2024 23:33:38 GMT -5
Towers [M:B]Apr 15, 2024 4:58:44 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Meanwhile, smoke and dust plumed freshly from the shack Miroru had been punted into, followed shortly thereafter by a groan. "Ouh. Okay. So... guh. We couldn't have done that sooner? Before the boot to the chest?" The smoke cleared in a brief, rounded swirl behind Miroru as the redhead leapt free of the wreckage, rubbing her chest and wincing as she brought her gunbai back up to bear.

Her opponent wasn't about to leave her time to breathe, already flashing some slow, but deliberate hand seals to activate a Doton jutsu, coating his form in thick rock as he stomped towards her, picking up speed.

"Leaving it all up to me... typical. You better get the job done, then. As always..."

She flashed a few seals of her own with her free hand, briefly creating a flash of visible Raiton before subsuming it into her form, giving the towering bandit only brief pause as he rushed her.

"-I'll do everything I can!"

And just like that, she was gone.

Lightning erupted across the field of battle in a single trailing streak, racing past the hulking beast of a bandit without striking him. All the same, in the split-second following its passage, the stone guarding him fractured around his middle, clearly registering some sort of blow in its passage!

There wasn't any time to breathe. The bolt- clearly Miroru, moving at high speeds, something Izusa would have been able to track had he been looking- ricocheted off a wall in a deviation from the more traditional Chidori that Kazui and Issei utilized, blasting back past the Doton-armored foe and leaving an impact fracture against the rear of the stone shell this time!

Again and again the blaze of movement ripped past the stone-shielded man, battering at the rock and chipping away from it as he swung at Miroru's after-image, struggling to get a bead on the blindingly-fast pipsqueak smashing his armor to pieces with that damned gunbai!

Techniques used:

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]
Go-jū no Saisei Kekkai [Five Layer Self-Reparing Barrier]

Hikodori [Flying Bird]