Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
October 2016
Update
"Friends, Roleplayers, members, lend me your ears."

Site changes/announcements

Staff Departure - While it saddens me to say this, I must announce that Coyote is stepping down from the staff for the foreseeable future. He has decided that his inactivity has gone on too long and rather than hold the position while not doing the work, he'd rather open up a spot for someone else to potentially be brought on. Should his life settle down he may rejoin the staff at a later time. As of now the staff have no plans to recruit any new members to the core staff team.

techniques edits/changes

Lightning Armor - The staff have decided that Lightning Armor will be moved back to the special ability and weapon list and will be given two slots. One open and the second restricted for the time being. Furthermore this will be considered a Kumo Exclusive just as the Weight Rock Package is an Iwa exclusive.

Rule Changes

Genjutsu Escape Rules - So I've been putting a fair bit of work and consideration into these changes for months now. I know that many members have felt that genjutsu was overpowered as it was and reluctantly I have to agree. In my attempt to counteract people always metagaming their way out of genjutsu I made the branch too strong. So I've drastically reworked how pain plays into escaping genjutsu.

My hope is that these multiple levels of pain will give people a way out of genjutsu while also ensuring that they don't simply escape non-stop without any sort of damage taken. Furthermore I have tried to highlight genjutsu's most dangerous aspect (at least in my opinion) which is the danger it poses in 1v1 fights while also highlighting its weakness against multiple opponents.

Long story short an ally using kai on an affected individual has been bumped in effectiveness and multiple pain levels have been added and depending on character specializations a certain amount of pain will break a certain level of genjutsu. Furthermore I have also added in a lingering pain system so that someone who just broke their arm won't (so long as they meet the requirements) get instantly stuck in a low rank genjutsu.

Lastly I'd like to mention that on top of these changes the staff will also be cracking down on the actual techniques of genjutsu. While those particular changes are still being discussed we do have several key ideas on changes that may be made. When these changes occur the staff will likely not grandfather techniques in, meaning that techniques may need to be pulled and edited. Furthermore we will also be cracking down on people metagaming their way out of getting caught in or noticing they are in a genjutsu. Details Here

High Rank Weapon Caps - The staff have decided to put some limitations on the number of high ranked weapons an individual may have/carry. As of now Natsu is currently heading this project so expect to see some new rules concerning this in the coming weeks. Details Here

Rewards for Leveling - The staff are currently still writing up the rules/guidelines/etc, but we will be making going through the ranks more worthwhile as opposed to starting off as an Elite Jounin. The major reward for doing so will be the opprotunity to acquire more SA's than the maximum at creation, with going from Academy Student to Elite Jounin making your character capable of gaining a total of ten SA's. Link to Come

Meaningful Aliases - Due to a suggestion, a decision was made that will attempt to make character aliases more meaningful. I'm sure we all can agree that a genin being known across the world as the "Demon of such and such" is unlikely to say the least. So we'll be putting into place a couple minor rules and tags for applications. DETAILS HERE

Ruler Applications - Due to the amount of times we cycled through rulers from various villages, the staff have decided from this point on we'll require members to apply for ruler positions. In the near future we'll post up details on how the application process will work. The major points of note are that along with the existing OOC requirements, we'll also be ensuring that the character would be feasible seeing attain the position IC'ly and we'll giving one week after the initial application for others who might want to try to get the position to throw their hat in.

plots update/reminder

Tsuchikage Selection - Due to numerous members wanting the Tsuchikage spot, the staff have decided to turn this into an event. Members have been messaged with the offer for them to go after the position IC'ly. With the rebels having overthrown what was essentially a dictatorship, the next Tsuchikage will be selected (IC'ly) through an election. To that end the three major contenders (if they so choose) will have a debate in front of the people of Iwagakure no Sato. While this is not a certainty as the members might choose not to pursue the position, should at least two of them still want the position then the event will proceed.

October Activity Check - If you haven't already, make sure to post in the AC. If you fail to do so applications may (and probably will) be archived.

last edit by Natsu on Oct 16, 2016 11:49:26 GMT -5
has written 843 posts

quick reply

compose a reply