Chamber F-7Jun 15, 2018 11:54:47 GMT -5
LazyNeko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
Modding is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

The moment the Nohime stepped on the other side of the room she would notice that it had an identical design as the previous chamber. The only other thing of notice would be the soft glow beginning to emanate from the carvings on the walls and the rapid increase of temperature. With the angry Kumo shinobi pushing the door open the rest of the group would feel the effects almost immediately as well. Scorching heat would permeate the space of the chambers as time continued to tick down.

OOC Note: Room temperature 50°C, 3 rotations left to escape.
Posting Order : , , ,
has written 155 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 16, 2018 9:29:22 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation
[googlefont="Playfair Display"][googlefont="Alice"]

I really can't remember if I'm insane or insomniac

Don't completely disregard what the scroll said? Sure, sure. Squeakers knew that the scroll was supposed to be important to cracking whatever code it was with the murals and all that. But when he did try to figure out what it meant--by taking the words literally and then metaphorically--it didn't really do a whole lot. He didn't know why this one would be any different. And he wasn't going to so foolishly play leader when evidently anything he tried to come up with did no good. And it seemed that the boy who'd gotten it correct hadn't made any connections to the correct door and the riddle, either. If he did he didn't explain it, anyway. He only said that that mural was the only one where the merchant's end was "truly different". How was Squeakers' logic wrong when the boy didn't seem to make any connections to his guess and the riddle either??
    Squeakers gave up. There was nothing he could do in this situation, really. If he tried to read too deeply into it, he was wrong. If he tried to look at it metaphorically, he was wrong. If he tried to take every word into consideration when figuring out the solution, he was wrong. Guesswork was really his only next idea.
    I mean, snow kid guy said that his next guess would be the trees one because vines can "scuttle" across walls. Which makes no sense to me. And I don't see how the rest of the riddle would apply to the trees or vines or whatever else. Leaves its mark for those aware and unaware? What does that have to do with plants? It doesn't, as far as I can tell. But I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense to spiders or ladies, either. Though I'm sure I could apply sense to it, we were wrong anyway so there's no point in trying to figure out the connections between that door and the riddle.
    He fanned himself with one hand, though it didn't do much.
    What a shame, too. They'd just gotten out of the hot room and now this one was hot as well...
    But I do have to agree. Patterns do seem a bit juvenile. Then again, I'm not sure how serious this test is to begin with. I'm not sure exactly how deeply we're supposed to be reading into and analyzing these riddles if all of it isn't applicable to the correct wall anyway, only bits and pieces. As far as I can tell it just seems like guesswork. There's no definite answer, there's only picking at some sort of connection and hoping it's right--though the riddles don't directly point to only one door as far as I can tell. At least the last one didn't seem to--considering how it could be taken to point to two different solutions. If I were to be completely guessing based on previous patterns, I could agree that the tree mural would be next. After all, it's the most different one from the others in the sense that it's the only one where he's not distinctly killed. Plus he just seems to kind of have run away. Maybe his "running away" can "lead us away to the next room"? And if I were to try applying logic to that choice using bits from the riddle, I'd say it's insanity.
    Insanity leaves its marks for those aware they have it, and those unaware they have it. It leaves their marks on the people who meet others with such illnesses. And it can "undo" people, even masters of an art.
    Do I think that's what the riddle means?
    No. I'm completely guessing at this point.
    I could also point the riddle to be about genjutsu again if I wanted. Because sometimes to get out of a genjutsu you have to harm yourself, which can be "unmoving" to someone. "The sight confusing" sounds like genjutsu again if I were to take it literally, but it also does back up the probably incorrect insanity theory. When you're insane you look at things differently, your perception can only see through warped glass~
    "Sure, sure, let's try vine tree idea next," Squeakers said. "One of my favorite things about plants is when they scuttle. 'Cause they totally do that. A lot." True, vines could take up walls, but "scuttles" wasn't exactly the word Squeakers would use for their growth. Then again, it was just like he felt before, one probably couldn't take everything from this riddle literally or metaphorically, you probably just had to pick at whichever bit made the most sense to whatever door.
    Ugh, then again, insanity can also lead a person to try taking their own life...
    "I agree tho, my next guess would prolly be the tree one too. If not that one maybe the one where he slits his throat?" He shrugged and walked over to the door with the mural depicting the artist who had made the trees. "Aight, unless anyone has any better ideas and wants to stop me, prepare for things to get worse in case we're wrong again." If nobody stopped him, he would open up the door.

@tag
NOTES: notes here
Mika has written 1,141 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 18, 2018 2:35:30 GMT -5
Yugao Akio
Yugao Akio Avatar
groupnull
I HAVE A FRIEND
a moth named snowflake
VERY BAD THINGS
such horrible things
The idea of simply accomplishing the goal was high in the boys mind. He wanted to believe himself to be smart as a genjutsu artist. He had to know a brain to manipulate it after all, but he'd find soon enough his thoughts were wrong. The Iwagakure shinobi proposing to use some technique of theirs, it was quite the interesting idea and Akio was curious to see it in work. Supposedly Iwa and Yuki were allies, it didn't mean he shouldn't be trying to sneak a peak at their techniques. The only one who likely should of been spying was the red-head, but it was easy for the boy and group to label her as more bronze than brains.

Another instance would happen, as she'd try to deny the Iwa-nin the right to attempt their technique. Akio would reach to stop her, but he'd judge her earlier action as great strength. She'd snap him like a twig and being called a pretty boy, he felt he stood decently on her good side. She'd followed his judgement miss spoken earlier, so it just might of been the girls mindset. He didn't understand her or why they couldn't let the Iwagakure shinobi try their trick, but maybe the trick was to secure victory for themselves and abandon the group.

There'd be no stopping kumogakure genin on her path and the door would open with a bellow of heat. It as they'd seemed to prove earlier was the wrong direction. There'd been a plan in his mind and an assumption of the next path, but unlike his first decision, he'd actually meant this choice. He really thought he understood the riddle and message, so when the heat hit him, it'd hit him hard. "Well then..." He'd state before stumbling backwards as he'd do so, he'd trip on his cloak and crash into the center pillar. He'd lean his back against the center pieces support.

He'd open up his cloak and undo his scarf, his moths fluttering about the room. It'd seem as though most were looking for a smaller exit. One would stay behind a single snowflake sole concern being the down boy, as his brow would glisten with the overwhelming temperature. "If I die snowflake, tell Kaiya... I'm sorry..." He'd speak in tongue only spoken by the those of the fluttering butterfly and moth. A tone unheard by most and coming off as softest of whistling breathes. Wiping his brow of sweat, he'd mistaken moisture for blood. His mind making him convert that thought into reality, it'd seem most everyone was bleeding now.

It was too hot. Hopefully the next door opened was the right one. Though which door that might be seemed so uncertain.

tag: // notes: You can't speak moth don't try me

has written 91 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 20, 2018 2:55:30 GMT -5
Nōhime Sabishī
Nōhime Sabishī Avatar
groupnull
age birthday January 7 rank Chunin occupation Iryo Nin
Nohime Sabishi when going through the wall was disheartened to discover the room she went through was indeed the wrong one. It was then though, with the growing heat that she had discovered the answer. She felt herself suffocating in this hot heat, and compared to most others, she was carrying light to begin with. Panting, she would quickly go back through the wall, and with it, she had figured out the answer to the riddle. Insanity. That was the answer. It scuttles on the walls and everyone had a bit of it. However, not all were aware that such a thing was there. "Kuso...damn Kumo girl...had to just break the door instead of wait.” She’d wipe her face, even as her headband absorbed her sweat. Though, it was then that she looked to both of them, surprised at the sudden appearance of the other genin. "Shibata!”

She would slowly point to the door with the slit throat. "That’s the correct door. At least in my mind. After analyzing, vines will always be aware to those that look on the wall. Vines do not move normally. We’re going to die here if we don’t move anyways, so we might...as well. Eh?” She slowly looked to her clones, all of which seemed fine for the moment, and one would rush forward, punching at that stone wall with the slit throat. Assuming that was indeed the right door, revealing a set of steps, she’d be the first to dash through it, arms behind her. However, as she did, she gave a look to her clones, and they’d quickly nod in response. She’d also look to the Yuki boy and the Ame girl. Motioning them closer, as they walked, she’d whisper, particularly about the troublesome Kumo girl.

‘That Kumo girl is causing us...too much trouble. I suggest we...remove her from this competition before she gets us killed. She’s brash...and impulsive.” She gave a slight extension of her middle and index finger to her clones, trying to get them to understand she was prepared to have her clones stop the Kumo girl, and she was silently trying to see if they’d assist her. The redheaded Kumo made it clear that she was abrasive and while not aggressive was too impulsive for her own good. So then...she wanted to know if the other genin would help her get rid of this redhead. The clones could certainly buy time, and on top of this, with the support of three vs one, it would certainly help, even as they escaped the heat. That was all. This was her offer to them. Squeakers and Akio should know that carrying around dead weight was not the right solution. However, utilizing some deception, she wanted to make it seem as if she were more useful.

"Consider this...everyone. When I used my jutsu and slipped through the wall, the seals didn’t go off…” A shocking revelation! Not really...but a cleverly placed lie. Well then, how would they react? She was by far now the most "useful” member of this group.
dandead10 has written 167 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 22, 2018 3:45:33 GMT -5
Fujioka Isamu
Fujioka Isamu Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday June 10 rank Genin... occupation

I CAN'T FIND

0000 WORDS ■ @tag ■ SUPER SMALL NOTE

MY WAY

Heat immediately. tsk… She had expected the pretty boy to be right, didn’t even doubt him. Maybe she should have… all three were from an enemy village. Maybe there were tricks at play here? Maybe they were all fighting against her and she had to figure the way out! That would be a sorry display. And Isamu didn’t even want to entertain the thought. That wasn’t her skillset, and she’d be doomed if that were the case.

Surprisingly, nothing wholly negative was said. In fact, not much was said. Even the girl who could ramble on for days wouldn’t even note much. Until she agreed with the pretty boy and suggested a door. Walking over it with surprising initiative. It… caught the redhead off guard. That, and well, where was the pretty boy? A thunk had come to Isamu’s attention, but not one that tore her away from the heat that had blasted her as well. She was trying to think… and that took A LOT of her concentration.

When she’d find him, he was towards the center of the room. Slowly loosening clothes around himself. Isamu had to admit… it was hot. Her lack of clothing helped, but she was still sweating. This kid… it revealed he had on much more than just a cloak. And her approaching him, she’d bat away moths that escaped from it. Why was he wearing bug infested clothes in the desert? He was a silly thing… maybe it was something she didn’t understand…

Regardless, she’d come to him. "Looking pretty is stupid if you’re dead.” And… she’d lift the boy off the ground. Wrench his cloak off him. And if Akio insisted on putting up a fight, she might release him then. If not… Poor boy would have been stripped of his suit jacket and shirt as well. It was a look of determination and necessity that would be on the girl’s face, nothing more. The bug ridden clothing off and leaving his torso bare, as long as he didn’t protest too much. Isamu would then attempt to leave him on his feet, if he could stand. If not, support him up.

By then… the other annoying thing would have opened a door. A clone pressing through it. Her jaw tensing, she couldn’t say she was happy to be outside the action. But… The one that she didn’t hate was at least not incapacitated. It was more natural instinct than anything else. She couldn’t do puzzles. She didn’t hate this one. He could do puzzles. Nevermind he failed… If she would have known the other plotted her destruction, it might have been better to get the other annoying one on her side. Alas, Isamu didn’t even think of the possibility. She had Akio up. The door was now open.

If the door did happen to be correct and Yuki boy couldn’t say on his feet, she’d surely wrench him over her shoulder with a grunt. If he was fine on his own, then she’d leave him be. Regardless, Isamu would have stayed close to Akio. Likely keeping the Iwa shinobi’s words to herself rather than broadcast. If she still decided to speak against her… aggression was surely soon to follow.

deltra of gangnam style
Isily! has written 294 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 24, 2018 16:44:29 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
But I guess I’ll do it.

Split between the decision the group would open not one but two doors to see if they could escape the ever-increasing heat of the chamber. Sadly, the only thing that would great them would be identical chambers and heat beyond anything they had no doubt felt before. Just breathing would be painful and exposed skin would dry out and start to redden. Even the desert was rarely graced with such temperatures outside of finding a Kyokujitsu in battle.

OOC Note: Room temperature 70°C, 2 rotations left to escape(1 rotation till dire consequences).
has written 155 posts
Chamber F-7Jun 26, 2018 1:12:58 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Squeakers raised an eyebrow under his mask when the violet-haired girl tried whispering conspiracies to annihilate one of their fellow genin. The red-head was causing too much trouble? How? Sure, she was brash and impulsive. Squeakers could agree with that. But he couldn't agree with her being such a big threat that they had to "remove" her. Sure, she broke down a door because she didn't know how to open it like a normal person. But it was a door that had already been suggested, it wasn't like she was the one who endangered the group. It was Squeakers who had suggested the wrong door. If anything, that made Squeakers more of a menace to the group.
    So what was this kid really so threatened by? The other girl's strength? Her brash attitude? Half-baked insults?
    Squeakers in no way felt that the Kumo Girl was a threat to their health and well-being.
    However, this girl? Who implied killing off or otherwise leave behind (which could ultimately kill, anyway) another member of their group because she was causing "too much trouble" when she, really, truly hadn't? Sabishi seemed more like a threat to Squeakers, than anyone else. She was the one who was suggesting to turn on the other genin when she hadn't been provoked.
    And then she tried pulling the "consider this" "I'm super valuable to the team even though my performance has been just as mundane as everyone else's" card.
    "I don't know," Squeakers said darkly, speaking softly to the Nohime so she could hear. "I'm not worried red-head over there's gonna get us killed. You're the one suggesting sabotage. I haven't seen her cause any real trouble other than throw around some 'mean' words and break a door I suggested we open." He leaned in slightly and then flicked her forehead. "You already so kindly told us your specialization was that you're a medic. You also revealed you're capable of these clones. Boy-Kid over there said he's an expert at genjutsu. And he's got those pet moths. Red-head's got super strength and seems to favor the use of that javelin." A fatal flaw among the group. When first faced with a problem, in which they'd all been banded together in one room, they all were instantly able to relate to one another: they had one objective and were not yet presented with any reason to turn on one-another; it was them against the situation. A sense of trust was present enough that most of them had been fine with ever-so-carelessly revealing their main specializations--since that could potentially help them get out by doing so, and they hadn't yet seen each-other as a threat so their guard was lowered since their attention was on the main threat: the room. They could have been very self-aware of these psychological tricks and purposely lied or hid things from the very beginning, thus making everything Squeakers thought wrong, but... he sort of doubted they'd been thinking that far ahead. Psychology suggested that, most likely, they had been telling the truth. "But you don't know what I'm capable of at all. I will not hesitate to kill anyone who poses a threat to the safety of the genin I'm accompanied with. Consider that."
    And it was true. So far, the only thing anyone really knew about him was that he talked a lot and was capable of "Kai". He'd not used any other jutsu. He'd not talked about his specialization. How he fought. Or anything else. He hadn't used a single specialization. Even his face and true name weren't known. The only thing they could guess about him was based on his appearance and, well, there wasn't much to tell.
    And, unfortunately, the killing bit was true, as well. Squeakers had taken life before. He wasn't afraid to kill. And although he had not been told to protect the other genin, he had not been told to fight them or take their lives, either. Unless given an order to do otherwise, Squeaker's morale was decided on his own will. He would spare a life if not directed to take it. He would help an enemy if it benefitted the mission he was assigned. And he would take it upon himself to slaughter any threats that endangered the larger group that he was a part of.
    If some half-naked chick was being rude to him or the people around him, that didn't warrant death. If someone implied taking out a fellow genin when it wasn't deserved? That would be dealt with accordingly. Whether it result in immobilizing them where they can no longer pose a threat or completely wiping out for the same result would depend on the exact moment. For now, Sabishi hadn't done anything malicious. She would be spared from any hostile activity coming from Squeakers. But this would be considered a warning, and he would keep an eye on the girl in case she did do anything without valid reason...
    Regardless, Squakers would walk away from the girl and as the they split up, two doors would then be opened by Squeakers and the red-head and...
    Squeakers immediately cursed upon opening the door, instantly regretting his decision to do so. He closed the door just as soon as he'd opened it--unsure if it would do anything but it was certainly worth the shot.
    It's hot, it's hot, it's really, really hot, Squeakers mentally screamed. He'd spent enough time getting familiar to the heat in Sunagakure. Fighting, training, running around, just standing out in the sun's direct rays--he had adjusted. Sometimes he caved in and spent some time inside, got a cold glass of water, or poured some ice down his shirt, but in general, he'd spent a good amount of time adjusting to the heat.
    But this was completely different.
    This was far hotter than anything he'd been able to adjust to before. And although his skin wasn't quite drying out due to direct exposure, the two layers were certainly taking their additional toll to him. He quickly rushed open to the final door that hadn't yet been opened. It had to be this one, right? If not then maybe he'd use some bombs to explode the ceiling but surely it had to be the last one. So far there'd been a correct door so why would this one suddenly be different? If he was wrong then they'd probably die, but, well, what choice did he have?
    If I live to the next room though, I'm definitely not going to be as bratty about the situation as I was this time. Being hasty and throwing a tantrum obviously was the wrong move.
    "If you live"?
    Yes, well, I know. I know I could probably die from the heat. I'll probably pass out first and then be removed from the exam, but worst-case scenario is that I'll die. We do go into these things knowing that's a possibility.
    Aren't you being a little dramatic~
    Of course I am. I've been through hell and back. This sudden, extreme hell--I mean heat--really is awful but I've endured third-degree burns before so like I know I'll survive this. And just like any other physical brutalities I've endured, I know the pain is temporary. I know it's just my nerves and senses trying to alert me that there's a problem, and yes it's uncomfortable now, and yes it hurts now, but I'll not let it stop me or hinder me from accomplishing my mission. I know that if I focus on what I need to do, and push forward, no amount of pain or misery can stop me. No amount will stop me. Death will have to take me first before my willpower fades out. My willpower alone is what allowed me to endure the torture of having you sealed into me, remember? This, in comparison to that?
    Squeakers laughed out loud.
    Nothing.
    And, with that, he would attempt to open the last door, hoping that it would be correct and that he and the others would be granted another chance to do things more efficiently the next time around.

@tag
last edit by Mikazuki Aikawa on Jun 26, 2018 1:40:22 GMT -5
Chamber F-7Jun 28, 2018 0:32:52 GMT -5
Yugao Akio
Yugao Akio Avatar
groupnull
I HAVE A FRIEND
a moth named snowflake
VERY BAD THINGS
such horrible things
Akio wasn't known for having a high endurance, he didn't even fair the greatest in Yukigakure. He'd however only understood the cold, he'd never been huge on that whole endure the elements stuff. He endured enough with his constant hallucination, to not sign up for that physical crap. His muscles had always struggled to grow, he suffered pain from overexertion, so it just didn't seem beneficial. If he could be great at anything it'd be genjutsu, he had a sharp mind among some. He'd picked that up even at his youth, but he was a few screws lose for science, medicine or others uses of the mind. The voices, monsters and abnormal sensations though, they'd raised him to be talented and well versed in them.

Genjutsu couldn't save him from this one though, it was a chunnin exam and he didn't remember the last being filled with death. It'd obviously be his enemies who'd raise the anti, maybe the participants were mostly of the rival villages. As a young genin he didn't really know the enemies of his land though, he'd almost place Sunagakure as an enemy for their climate. The sun and heat. He was dying at least it felt that way, but despite him collapsing and feeling on the verge he wasn't. The room was past any heat he'd been used to baring. It'd maybe feel less if he was stripped, it wasn't something a decent gentlemen like himself did. He'd die in his suit with pride.

Then she'd come over to him. The red-head wasn't the type to seem caring, so now he'd see her almost red skinned horns and clearly an oni or something similar. Though he'd also see smoke climbing the walls, it'd grow into spiders which would gather at the ceiling. The smoke came from the ground which in his mind started to have a thin layer of some clear fumes. They were in an over and soon someone would click on the fire. Hissing was heard from every direction, as the room seemed to become almost blurry. The genin speaking to him and he'd not care in the least. Something about being pretty again, he didn't care if it was a tease or compliment anymore.

She'd proceed to strip him after her words though, so he'd really be confused as to her prerogative. 'Can't she wait till I am dead to rob me?' He'd think to himself as he'd be near limp in reaction. He'd practically assist her with the cloak, but as well as let his limbs flow to his over coat removed. The vest he'd do nothing to help with and he'd actually put a hand out to stop her when he got to his undershirt. It wasn't changing the room temperature and things were somehow getting a lot warmer, he wasn't going to simply die. The lack of dying told him that, but the sudden increase of heat put him in further agony.

He wanted out of the room and test, so he'd be more than happy to be helped up. He needed the stranger to support him, this oni was the only chance he had to make it out alive. Lifted he'd see the circumstances. All but one door was now open, it'd seem the Iwagakure and Amegakure shinobi were chatting. His imagination had them have a good ol laugh, as they'd point out a diagram of him on the floor. Explaining which organs they'd pluck from him and who they'd sell them to in hell. These were illusions of his mind and even in the heat he could tell himself that. The floor was literally fire in his eyes and he needed to ignore it all. He'd see the last door, then through it he'd see her. "Kaiya..." He'd mutter so softly it was but only the slightest hint of vocal. He'd grit teeth and want nothing more than to live.

"There's no time for talking there's one door left, we have to go and if there's another room we need to act even quicker. It'll only get worst until we're out of here." He'd hope this creature holding him was human, he'd hope it wanted the same resolve as him. Escape. Hopefully his words would be the encouraging guidance she needed, a means to drive her and him forward. Screw what the other two were talking about, he wanted to go home to endless snow, teasing shadows and best of all Kaiya-chan. He'd practically forget she was also in this exam, but he could only help her if he himself could get out.

has written 91 posts
Chamber F-7Jul 2, 2018 0:46:59 GMT -5
Nōhime Sabishī
Nōhime Sabishī Avatar
groupnull
The Ame Girl denied her, refused her, and it was from then on that she acknowledged it. So be it. However, one could easily understand Sabishi’s frustration as the heat rose, and as she looked to the last door, the only choice remaining, she could feel the sweat grow on her and absorb into the hitaeite that was wrapped around her forehead. The clones upon realizing their error would head for the final door, attempting to burst it with their blades, and immediately did she look to see if the room was different. If indeed there was a different room, she’d opt to let her clones rush into it, of which she’d quickly follow. It was a burning hell here, temperatures that were insane, almost impossible to endure. The demand for water was incredible, and she knew at this point, they’d collapse from the rising heat and then die here. However, she didn’t want to die. Yet, there was something else she considered. She considered the value of her existence. What was her goals and aspirations really?

As she thought of this, she’d think of Ouritsu, of Akira, and even Yoshiko. They all sickened her because they were born and or had an inherent power that was beyond her, beyond her achievement. It sickened her to be at a point of mediocrity. Chikara [Power]. In the world of the Shinobi, power was everything. In the world of Shinobi, talent and ability mattered more than such simple things as friendship, companionship, and otherwise. These people before her were strangers, and one of them had quickly declared that if she was to declare anyone in this room an enemy, Squeakers would assist the others. It was for this reason, Sabishi turned her head, taking note to keep a close eye on this person. However, it was then that she considered another thing. Was it possible that this test was to see how they as Ninja would be able to work with shinobi from another village? At times joint missions were possible.

Or was it another possibility? Questions would run through her mind, and it was at this moment that Sabishi could feel the heat rushing to her body as she took deep breaths. Despite not wearing much, she was feeling as if she were roasting. It was from here she solidified her resolve. None of these people here mattered to her more than herself. It was then that she considered utilizing her Iwa Bunshin if the going got rough to stall these people, make them waste energy, and escape, leaving them all alone. They would die. She would live. She would thrive. However, the consideration of this made her shake her head internally. Not yet. It was too early. There was still much potential to be had by working with at least some of these people. Yet, to eliminate the strongest one, and now Squeakers was tempting. If only the Yuki nin could be coerced, they could likely dispatch at least one of them...perhaps both. But energy here was to be conserved. The clock was ticking, and she was dying.
Chamber F-7Jul 3, 2018 2:02:30 GMT -5
Fujioka Isamu
Fujioka Isamu Avatar
groupnull

I CAN'T FIND

MY WAY

Isamu was totally oblivious to these plots. If she hadn’t been, anger and rage would have ensued. A fight began. But thankfully for all involved, she was much more preoccupied with the yuki boy and having collapsed. Ridding him of layers of clothing that would obviously only torment him, Isamu would aggravatingly tear them from the boy’s body. No reason to let him die, not when he could easily be helped. She’d stop at the hand. Hesitating at first, but then deciding that was good enough. What did it matter one more layer?

It was… horribly hot. As the two of them would stand, Isamu helping him up and supporting the boy’s weight. Her skin was near cracking, chapped from the sudden and horrible heat. Her chest tightened a bit, the air stale. But overall, she’d fight through this too. That was the only way to handle life! Not much attention would be paid to Akio when he mentioned the girl’s name. It was unimportant. His other words though, the clearer ones. Isamu would hear them. And she’d act. Whether Squeakers got to the door first, or Sabishi, or she did, that last one would be opened. Assuming no terror awaited them, she’d help Akio along and through that door. And so help her, if he was going too slow, she’d wrench him over her shoulder and take him. It was getting too hot and hard in the room… Skin was on fire. Normal physical things becoming more taxing. They’d get out of this room… move on. That was how things would go!

deltra of gangnam style
Chamber F-7Jul 5, 2018 20:25:07 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
But I guess I’ll do it.

Amidst the scorching heat Group F-7 would clamor upon the only unopened door left. Pushed open with haste all the genin would be greeted by a wave of cool air emanating from the staircase on the other end of the newly opened room that no doubt lead to the surface and the completion of the first task. The sight that would greet them upon climbing the final step would be of ruins amidst the desert but more importantly five canteens filled with water sitting on the ground and the visage of the same cloak covered jounin that had delivered the initial speech.

"Oho so you lot actually made it? That’s almost impressive.” a mocking grin would follow the statement and content with that for now the Suna jounin would wait for them to get their bearings before imparting the information he was supposed to give them.

OOC Note: You have succeeded in passing the first task of the chuunin exams. The following rotation is the last one before you receive information on what the second task would be, the no purchase clause is still in effect.

has written 155 posts
Chamber F-7Jul 6, 2018 20:27:26 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Squeakers ran up the stairs, likely followed by the rest of the group, and headed quickly toward the cool air. At least. It was cooler air. However, as soon as he made it, Squeakers collapsed on the ground, arms and legs sprawled out. He was panting and breathing heavily, but was certain he'd survive. There was a jounin--the same one from before, mocking them a little with some canteens of what was probably water presented before the group.
    "We actually made it? Damn it..." Squeakers mumbled. "I was... hoping that, like... there'd be a few more rooms maybe so that I could... possibly actually figure something out..." So that was a failed test, he thought. I didn't get a single thing right. So if it was a test about intellect and deduction and all that, I completely failed. I was just guessing that last round, and the two before that I was completely wrong. But it doesn't seem I'm being disqualified. At least he hasn't said anything like that yet. I'll have to step up my game in the next test if I want to have a chance to pass these exams...
    He quickly got up, rolling around the sand onto his hands and knees, looking at the jounin. "What did they mean, though?!" He couldn't learn if he couldn't introduce a new thought process to his mind. "What were the connections between the riddles and the murals--obviously we ended up getting the correct ones but why were they correct?" Honestly, that was bothering him more than the heat. Still, he would grab one of the canteens, but didn't drink from it. It could be poisoned, after all, and for all he knew that was the next test.
    "Hahaha you got poisoned because you were so desperate for water you didn't realize it'd been tampered with! The next test is in this new location where you're going to have to find the antidote, but it's not that easy! Now you gotta find the ingredients for the antidote first and hope you don't die before you figure out how to make the cure!" He was thirsty, yes, but it wasn't worth the chance. The others could drink from their canteens--Squeakers would hold onto his. Though, if anyone did try to take it from his hands he would fight them.
    Because if it wasn't poisoned and Squeakers was just being too ridiculously cautious again, he could still drink it after.

@tag
Chamber F-7Jul 7, 2018 11:00:33 GMT -5
Yugao Akio
Yugao Akio Avatar
groupnull
I HAVE A FRIEND
a moth named snowflake
VERY BAD THINGS
such horrible things
Akio would be lead out of the room via a stronger shinobi than himself, but wasn't that the joy of teamwork. He'd provide knowledge and she'd provide strength, to the best of his knowledge this redhead was carrying him off to kill and eat. He though didn't have the strength to fight her, he also didn't believe in his genjutsu winning out in this foreign a terrain. If this last door hadn't been the right one or the end he'd of been quite lost for what was next. It was the end though and soon they'd be out of their trap.

"Thank you." He'd sigh with relief, as he'd remove himself from the redhead. He was still feeling incredibly weak, his whole mind hurt after being essentially in a boiler. The Amegakure shinobi collapsed nearby him spoke to themselves. There words left Akio confused, they'd won this stupid exam challenge. "We've figure out we're bad at riddles." Those would be the first words he'd share with the incredibly squeaky boy. This raincoat weirdo, but who was he to judge. His moths fluttering around him without a cloak to hide in. They'd land on him or the others, they'd be without orders or a cause. The desert was abnormal to them though. The heat wave letting them float a little more easy, but also made the wind more a struggle.

"This isn't my first chunnin exam and there's definitely failing these tests, at my last I believe more than half those who entered failed the first test. I think we made the right moves..." There wasn't any reason to beat oneself up over this exam. He'd preferred this test over the last one he'd taken, it made more sense that they try something as squad. He couldn't quite imagine an ability to help them with the task, but he'd assume a different room of people had more shinobi of better odds. They'd without skills pushed through nonetheless. Sometimes not knowing the answer just means giving more answers quicker. Often the truth lays in the lies.

has written 91 posts
Chamber F-7Jul 13, 2018 21:52:59 GMT -5
Nōhime Sabishī
Nōhime Sabishī Avatar
groupnull
Pain. It hurt her skin when exposed to the cool air, and yet it felt like such a relief. Rushing over to the canteens, she’d pop one open, pouring its contents all over her head, brushing it on her skin, and pouring some of it into her mouth. She’d drink it down with fervor, going as far as to take a little mini bath, up until that canteen was empty. Now getting more hydrated and feeling as if she wasn’t roasting alive, she’d groan, her clones being dispersed with a ram sign. They were no longer needed now that the first part of the examination was completed. However, Sabishi was not so interested on why it was that the exam’s riddles and murals connected. She was fine with simply being alive. That, was more important than anything else. Who knew that the first Chunin exam would also be the most deadliest? Well, definitely not Sabishi.

However, turning to the other competitors, she laid flat on the ground, rolling in that left over moisture which had accumulated from her carelessness, rubbing the metal container all over her skin to cool her off faster. Damn, being a Chunin was such a drag. With a deep sigh, she exhaled and just kept her senses open with both pride of having survived and yet a sense of disdain for doing in her mind, poorly. Whatever, if she failed, she failed. She had done her best here, she had tried to see if anything could be done to ensure a slight advantage. None of that. However, from this experience, she certainly did keep in mind the capabilities of her opponents and what they acted like, from the minor experience she had anyways. "Fucking hardest day of my life. Unngh.” What they said was true. There are few hells that are equivalent to the Chunin exams.
Chamber F-7Jul 15, 2018 23:18:33 GMT -5
Fujioka Isamu
Fujioka Isamu Avatar
groupnull

I CAN'T FIND

MY WAY

Cool air. Isamu could basically taste it. Feel it. Such a relief. The pretty boy draped over one shoulder to help with support, one of her hands on her weapon. She wasn’t about to leave herself unarmed and not to leave her main tool behind… But she helped this boy, for now. Up the stairs and into the sun. Squinting her eyes. The boy would remove himself with a thanks and she’d merely nod. Her throat was still dry… Speaking in turn wasn’t at the front of her mind.

The canteens though… they might have been. Isamu didn’t drop to the ground like the other girl, nor did the boy she ‘carried.’ But there was a lot of desire to. It would have been rest, even among hot sands. The squeaking thing was talking. The pretty boy too. Did they really think they hadn’t passed? Even through mistakes they had persevered! It was Isamu’s whole way of living. To think that it hadn’t worked would have been a complete shock to the female. Certainly they were on to their next task.

Other than the other girl. Rushing to the canteens and making the redhead visibly hesitate. She excitedly would pour the liquid all over herself. While Isamu hadn’t thought about it being poisoned, she did note the suspicious way the first one had picked one up. After all that had happened and everything being thought related, she wasn’t immediately keen on breaking through with action! That obviously wasn’t true. Isamu just hadn’t gotten there yet… Sun was bright, heat was horrible down there, she had just been settling in. So a girl darting past her for water just hadn’t been accounted for quickly enough.

It would be rectified soon. Walking towards those canteens. Seeing the Suna shinobi. She’d pick up one of the containers and drink the liquid from it. Bright eyes on the instructor, taking a few gulps of water. She’d exhale with a bit of relief, then turn her attention further on him. "Sure did. What now?” Push on. Keep going. Do it straight through until the goal was achieved.

deltra of gangnam style