compose a reply
Advert Drive AnnouncementOct 2, 2019 9:27:07 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Advert Drive

Alright folks, Codex will be stepping down from his Advert Mod position in the near future; while he did an excellent job I am sure one of you out there can do just as well or even better. Now I know the advert job is not viewed as the most glorious of positions, but it is without a doubt one of the more important jobs on any RP forum. Advertising brings new members, new members brings new characters and new characters brings more people to kill plots to enjoy. So due to the importance such a position holds the staff have decided to hold a little advertisement drive to try and choose a new person for the job. Simply put, whoever does the most advertising will be given first dibs on the job.

Now, I know what some of you might be wondering. Do we get a salary and a dental package with the job? No. You however will be given a small reward for participating in earnest. Those who make a solid attempt will be allowed to choose an emote/emoji of their choice to add to both the main c-box as well as the site discord. Naturally anything chosen will have to meet PG-13 requirements as demanded by Proboards ToS, but other than that it'll be up to you. I should mention since some will be wondering if this is a toe in the door for a full mod spot and I can not promise that as other criteria are the main factors in that decision, but will say we have had advert mods get brought on the main staff before.

Now, how will this advertising drive work exactly? It is rather simple. Anyone interested in participating will sign up at this announcement. After all the sign ups are done with all the participants will be allowed to post in a thread where they will keep track of sites they have advertised on as well as temporarily given advert mod powers to update the Advertisement Index. Do keep in mind though two important things. First, while advertising on dead/low activity sites is not useless it is definitely more beneficial for us to be advertising on sites that are active. Secondly, understand that almost every site has a rule in its advertising board that a site may only advertise there once; and any sites found advertising more than that get all their adverts deleted.

I look forward to seeing everyone slave away push to be number one in the drive and I promise the winner that we will only shackle you to your desk a mere three days every week. As a final note, I understand that some individuals may want to take part, but not actually want the job. So to make things simple if you don't want the job you can decline the offer and staff will send the offer to the next person down. By no means should you just advertise on a single site and think you'll get rewarded, as I do not see that as earnest effort.
Made by Riley at THQ!

last edit by Yoritomo on Oct 5, 2019 17:38:24 GMT -5
has written 845 posts
Advert Drive AnnouncementDec 14, 2019 23:00:02 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Event is completed. Han definitely blew our expectations out of the water. We hope that any new members who found the site via an advertisement posted up by one of these two will be sure to give them their thanks for showing you your new home which there is no escape from where you'll hopefully be enjoying yourselves for a long time.
has written 845 posts

quick reply

compose a reply