In My Shoes [Inoru]

compose a reply
In My Shoes [Inoru]Jan 9, 2020 4:29:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
i never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.

It had been a long and rather boring day at the academy, at this point it seemed like every lesson that they go over is just a rerun for the young Uchiha. However, the young girl remained focus and took down her notes as if she had never heard of it before, not only out of respect for the teacher, but for the honor of her sensei, a student of Kazuto’s would not be seen dozing off and being distracted in the middle of class. Most of the students were asleep however, her eyes scanned the room briefly before focusing on the teacher again. It seemed as if this day was beginning to come to an end.

A crack of a ruler could be heard as the wood slapped across the chalkboard with authority, making the entire class jump from the unexpected sound. The teacher now had everyone’s attention.

"I hope you all have been listening. There’s a project due at the end of this week, and it’ll be a big part of your final grade. I want you all to partner up with someone you’re not familiar with, get to know them, know their story, why they want to be a shinobi, etc.”

The man would explain in an extremely boring monotone voice. It was no surprise why nearly the entire class was half asleep. He took a moment to catch his breath before adding on.

"At the end of the week, you will present to the class everything you learned about your partner. This is not to make friendships, this is to learn about your comrades, friendly terms or not.”

He would say as his cool blue eyes scanned the room for a brief moment. He looked at Kazui, and scanned the room briefly again before pushing the glasses back into position on the bridge of his nose.

"Kazui. You pair up with Inoru. Class is dismissed.”

And with that, chatter erupted, a combination of laughter and random conversations could be heard throughout the room. Kazui would look over her shoulder at Inoru through sympathetic eyes, as she was forced to sit there as listen to the boy get made fun of without him even knowing, and if he paid close enough attention, the boy would see a couple of students holding their ears, mocking his deafness. A sigh escaped from Kazui as she collected her belongings quickly and made her way over to the Yamanaka, stand over his desk. She would hand her notebook to the blonde haired boy, and on the pages it would explain the project and everything that he needed to know.

@ ● notes here ● word count
MADE BY MIZO

last edit by Deleted on Jan 9, 2020 4:30:21 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
In My Shoes [Inoru]Jan 16, 2020 22:23:49 GMT -5
Inoru
Inoru Avatar
groupnull
age 10 years old birthday 3/13 rank Academy Student occupation Student
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]SO, IF YOU ARE TOO TIRED TO SPEAK, SIT NEXT TO ME, BECAUSE I, TOO, AM FLUENT IN SILENCE
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]WORDS
[break]
326[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
notes
Inoru’s ability to read lips made school a lot easier for him, and with his muffs he wasn’t as oblivious as most of the kids in the class made him out to be. He couldn’t hear the other’s laughing, but he could feel the vibrations. Laughter brought a very distinct vibration to the muffs, and the timing of it alone was enough to tell Inoru that it was directed at him and perhaps his disability. There were times when Inoru wished he could just be by his sister the entire time, but the two students had their own schedules. It made it a lot easier for him to ignore the bullying with her by his side. She, at least, understood.[break][break]

He looked forward, facing the black-haired girl even before she arrived next him. There was still sympathy in her eyes, and he could see it. He’d seen that look before. He immediately looked away, his blue eyes focusing on the notebook at his desk as he tried to dodge it while he gathered himself. He honestly hated the sympathy more than he hated the bullying. He could drown out sound, but he could still see. It wasn’t her fault though, and he quickly told himself that as his eyes began to brighten again.[break][break]

Once he gathered himself, Inoru waved his hands at the notebook that she offered., but then thanked her anyway with an easily distinguishable sign. The tips of his fingers touched his lips with his hand flat and then moved the hand outward. If she didn’t know it, his face would say it all. "Thank-you.” He wrote something in the notebook. "but I have the assignment. I can read lips. I hope to learn a lot about you,” And then handed it back to the Uchiha. There was true excitement on the Yamanaka’s face. This was one of the biggest assignments he had yet, and to be paired with someone besides his sister was unique enough.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#000000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#E6E699;color:#808080;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
last edit by Inoru on Jan 16, 2020 22:24:12 GMT -5
Azunai has written 10 posts
In My Shoes [Inoru]Jan 17, 2020 3:30:36 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

As Kazui approached the boy, her eyes remained fixed on him. He was already looking for her, which was kind of surprising to the young Uchiha, but she wouldn’t weigh too much on it. Instead, once she made her way to his desk, the Yamanaka would divert his eyes, and Kazui would do the same, looking off to the side as kids began to exit the classroom one by one. Her eyes were filled with a mixture of anger and empathy, she had been in that position before and was not a fan of it.

Inoru ultimately didn’t accept the notebook that Kazui held out towards him, he would however thank her via sign language, which was odd. But she was more surprised that she understood the sign, even though it was rather common. ’Can he hear?’ She would think to herself as she ruffled through her pack, placing the notebook neatly inside the beige bag as the boy offered her a notebook of his own.

’Ohh..’ So that explained it.. he could read lips, and he had the lesson already written down, the latter portion of his writing warranted a smile to perch on the girl’s lips, albeit a weak one. She wasn’t fond of making new friends at this point, especially from the academy, but Inoru was an exception. There was something about him that made Kazui feel happy. Was it because she never saw him sad? Probably. Or maybe it was because he was like the opposite of the Uchiha herself. With a quick nod of her head, she would return the greeting back to Inoru.

"I hope to learn about you as well.”

She would say behind a weak smile and a slight bow. While it may have seemed as if she were just saying that to be nice, she was telling the truth. Taking a step away from Inoru, she would await for him to gather his things. A hand softly rested beneath her chin as the other was across her chest.

"I’m not really good at these kinds of things.”

She would say as she mused over what to do next. Damn, was this the curse of the Uchiha? Being horrible people to socialize with? The girl groaned underneath her breath as her mind raced on the multiple things that the two could do while learning about each other, then an idea came to her.

"What’s your favorite food?”

The teen would ask as she pulled out her notepad and pen ready to write something down. Perhaps this assignment could be a lot easier than she thought, and maybe the two of them could get through this project with doing the bare minimum, besides the sensei didn’t specify on how much to learn.

@tagsomeone ● notes here ● word count
MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
In My Shoes [Inoru]Feb 7, 2020 20:32:54 GMT -5
Inoru
Inoru Avatar
groupnull
The small girl before him seemed kind. Inoru had seen her around the academy. In fact, he was certain they’d had more than one year together in the same classroom. For the most part, though, the boy kept to himself if he wasn’t with his sister. Socializing wasn’t his forte, for obvious reasons. Getting along with others was never an issue for him, but others wanting to try to communicate with him or include him seemed to be an ongoing problem from year to year. He would find a few people who were kind and willing to help him if he ever needed it, but those like Kazui were few and far between.

He shrugged, pointing to himself and then crossing his hand flat over his neck, waving it back and forth as he shrugged to signify, "I’m not good at it either.” He honestly didn’t even know how to start. The ironic thing is that Inoru knew quite a bit about other people despite them either being unaware or perhaps not wanting him to know about it in the first place. The ability to read lips made it difficult to not eavesdrop on conversations from across the playground or the cafeteria. Even so, he didn’t really have much on Kazui other than she was a member of the Uchiha clan and quite the intelligent little girl.

The question came and Inoru pondered for a moment, his mouth perking to one side. His eyes lit and he turned around, digging through his bag as he pulled out two lemon suckers. His smile was bright and his cheeks rosy. He reached out, holding on in his hand to offer it to his classmate. He and his twin sister usually enjoyed one together, but Inoru knew she wouldn’t be hurt if she found out it was to make a friend. He loved these suckers. Lemon was his absolute favorite, but the apple flavor was pretty good as well. His other hand pointed to her, the outer ends of his eyebrows lowering to express that he was asking a question. "You?”

(Sorry for taking so long...college started back)
In My Shoes [Inoru]Feb 12, 2020 4:35:51 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

The little Uchiha watched on as her partner for this project thought over what his favorite food was. Many people already knew the answer to this deep inside, but once the question was brought to light they often froze up and began reconsidering their options, it was normal. Kazui did it a lot as well, and the answer always came out to be the same thing every time. Kazui leaned against the desk beside Inoru as he continued to think, then his eyes lit up and he began searching through his bag. What he came up with was two suckers, yellow so they were more than likely lemon flavored.

A soft grin grew on the girl’s face as she scribbled in her notebook before taking the candy. She inspected it for a moment before eating it. ’Yep, that’s definitely lemon.’ She would think to herself as she placed the candy on her tongue, the sourness from the candy caused her face to ball up for a second, but once a few seconds passed she got used to the sourness.

"I’m not really a huge fan of lemon, cherry is my favorite flavor of anything.”

She would say as she looked at Inoru. There was one thing that would prove to be difficult for Kazui and that was back and forth communication between the two. It seemed as if she were talking to herself, and that would take some time to get used to.

"Oh uh..my favorite food is...rice.”

She would say with a shrug of her shoulder. It was standard and not very exciting, but she couldn’t help that it was what she liked. They were already starting off with different likes and what not, the purpose of the project was already clear.

"Perhaps we should escape this boring classroom, here come on.”

Kazui would say and she waved her hand gesturing for the boy to follow. Class was over for the day, so perhaps the two could do something "fun” or if Inoru was anything like Kazui, perhaps the two could just be boring together as they got to know one another.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts
In My Shoes [Inoru]Feb 19, 2020 21:28:46 GMT -5
Inoru
Inoru Avatar
groupnull
Inoru smiled brightly as the young Uchiha girl accepted the small gift of his. He laughed slightly as her face began to pucker. Inoru had eaten so many of these lemon suckers that they no longer affected him. He put a single finger to the edge of his mouth, just under his lip and twisted it with a pretend pucker face.

"Sour, aren’t they?!”

The blonde-haired boy thought they were sweet, but he recognized that most people probably didn’t enjoy lemon the way that he often did. Perhaps his taste buds worked different in order to make up for his loss in his other sense. He was never quite sure what the true reason was, but it didn’t matter to him either. He had to admit that cherry was good as well, but only third to sour apple.

Inoru wriggled in his seat. In terms of savory foods, rice was very high on the list. It was easy to make. Even Inoru, who had very little experience in the kitchen, could make decent rice. If he ever needed a quick snack, a rice cake was an easy and filling thing that also didn’t require much room to pack.

He placed his hand on his stomach, rubbing it around with a giant grin.

"Rice is good too!”

He wrote in the notebook next.

"Chicken and sausage filled sticky rice is the best!"

He had to keep his sign language quite limited, using things that most others would be likely to grasp as he wasn’t sure just how much Kazui would be able to get from his side of the conversation.

A downside was that Inoru didn’t often realize if others where in fact understanding what he was trying to say, and it often got frustrating to try and repeat himself. He imagined it was just as frustrating when he had to ask people to slow down or pronunciation their words more clearly.

With little hesitation, Inoru rose from his desk with a nod and following the other girl. His heart felt warm. He hadn’t made a new friend in a while, and he was looking forward to whatever it was the Uchiha had in store for them both.

In My Shoes [Inoru]Feb 19, 2020 23:41:48 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Kazui chuckled softly for a bit as Inoru wrote in his notebook and mimicked the face the young Uchiha made. As she read the words from the page, she would nod her head in agreement as she tried to power through the lemon suckers. Her face remained perched as the sourness caused a slight pain to her tongue, something she had never experienced before.

"It’s good but, how do you eat these things?”

She would say in a whispered voice, knowing that he would still understand what she said. A sigh escaped as she continued to eat and told Inoru her favorite food. The boy would go back to his notepad for a moment so that he could communicate effectively with Kazui, it was something they had to do, which probably made this project harder, but more exciting for the Uchiha. The girl stood and watched as Inoru put pen to paper, reading each word, each letter as they were brought into existence on the white paper. Rice..is good..too! .. Chicken ..and sausage .. sticky rice.. is the best. Kazui could only respond with a slight smile and a nod, everyone had their preference, there was no fault in that.

Once the Yamanaka agreed to follow along, Kazui would lead the way out of the classroom and down the corridors of the ninja academy. She knew her time in the school was nearing its end, but she didn’t want to half ass her way through her possible last project, it wasn’t who she was. From the hallways, the duo would eventually exit through a side door that led out towards the training yard, and from there Kazui would just plop down look around at the dummies and targets that laid around. There were a few other students there as well but they weren’t loud enough to disturb the peace.

The young Uchiha sat down in the grass with her pen and notepad. ’Now..let’s get started on this project for real.’ She would think to herself as she turned to face Inoru. Scratching her head as she thought over things to ask, Kazui would just settle with the first thing that came into her mind.

"Why do you want to be a shinobi?”

She would ask. The question could be personal to some, but she had no other choice but to ask.

MADE BY MIZO

has written 0 posts