Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]

compose a reply
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Jan 28, 2020 0:11:15 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

The Senju walked abroad the village, navigating the sea of people in the middle of the village. A package neatly wrapped in brown paper, tucked beneath the crook of his right arm, as the loose soil and gravel crunched beneath his boots as his thoughts considered what he would tell his friend after exchanging the present they had agreed upon. Or at the very least what his interpretation of what the subtle agreement that they had struck during the lunch. Well, at the very least he hoped that the Nara would like the carvings that he had taken his time to prepare.

Finally he would reach the compound of the Nara Clan. Where he had expected to find out a gloomy and secluded place amidst the shadows, he found a place that was mingled with nature, warm and welcoming as much as the Senju Clan Compound was. Entering through the gates began to follow the directions that Shikajin had prepared for him, holding the paper where the instructions had been written. Like the rest of the houses, it seemed that his would follow the same architecture that had been present throughout the rest of the compound and as he stood before the door, he would simply knock the door with his knuckles and await.

His sight fell towards the box that was kept within his hands. Unsure of whether or not he would accept the, not the gift, but the proposition that came attached to it. Even when he had reconnected with the Nara, he seemed someone distant, quiet and very observant, but he was fairly certain that beneath the gloom that he seemed to exude, he was a truth and honest friend. He turned his gaze towards the door, wandering why he was taking so long before he would knock on the door again and awaited once more. "Hopefully he's around." He said in a hushed tone.

-tag-

@tag

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,167 posts
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Jan 28, 2020 22:36:15 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you
Sleep didn't come often for the young man but when his body absolutely needed it there wasn't too much Shikajin could do about it; though to be honest it was rarely a deep slumber. No, that's where the nightmares lay. A knock on his front door would somewhat rouse the Nara from his snooze but in his comfortable position he was finding it difficult to move. He hadn't been expecting company today, perhaps it was Inoyami dropping by unexpectedly... again. Had she not brought a bag full of treats he may have been a bit more upset that his errands had been pushed back by a day, though it was hard for him to have hard feelings towards anyone that sated his sweet tooth.

Dark hues would shift from the ceiling to the hanging heart that had been gifted to him by the Yamanaka. Anatomically correct and a prism effect, to boot. She felt it brought much needed color to his room --and perhaps tangentially his life-- and to be honest Shikajin did like it. He wasn't sure if it was purely the thought that went into it or knowing him well enough to know that one of the stylized hearts wouldn't cut it, but either way it was a welcomed addition to his room.

A second knock on the door would finally prompt the man to sit up and sluggishly make his way to the entrance, his mind still a bit foggy from the nap and he hoped that whoever it was had either a fantastic reason for dropping by without notification or wouldn't take up much of his time. Sliding open the door would reveal none other than Kazuto. Shikajin would stare blankly at the man as his mind took a few moments to register just who it was on the other side of the door. "Kazuto..." He would speak flatly, half greeting the man and half making sure that it was indeed the Senju standing before him.

@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Jan 30, 2020 22:59:01 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Finally the door was opened and from it he would observe the Nara emerged, looking as if he had been harshly awaken or if he had revived from the cold clutches of death. And the Senju wasn't entirely sure of which was which. He tried to keep his calm and he peered inside and saw that the immediate room was as dark as the general of his personality. Kazuto stood there, trying to process the greeting or well, the lack thereof of one. I suppose he has to balance out Inoyami's more exuberant personality. He thought before he cleared his throat and looked at his friend.

"Hello, Shikajin. I hope I didn't disturb you." He said, knowing that was most likely a unreality, he seemed to be more or less sleeping or at the very least he was on the cusp of just doing that. He would bring forward the package that he had prepared for him, containing the goods that he had prepared for him after his implicit request as well as the treat they had struck after the lunch they had alongside the Yamanaka. Kazuto would present the box that held the expertly carved deer book holders. He was proud for the end result, as with any great design they seemed to have been given a life of their own.

"Open them up? Tell me how I did, in case you're displeased" It was of course a rouse, at least for both of them to start talking things that didn't have to do with their positions within the village, something that he could use to lead to ask him that favor that he hoped he would agree too. Although he doubted that it would be an easy thing for him to convince him if he said no to the favor he would be asking him today. "Do you mind if I come in?"

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Jan 31, 2020 20:21:15 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Mm." Was about all the man could muster at the moment. Not a yes or a no, just a 'mm'. His mind was still a bit hazy from being woken up so abruptly but in the end it was probably the most relaxing sleep he had gotten in quite some time. He hadn't been sleep long enough for the nightmares to kick in which often woke him in a cold sweat. No, this time had been all sleep. Dark hues shifted to the package Kazuto had brought with him and slowly but surely the Nara was starting to understand why the Senju was at his abode: he had brought the carvings.

A subtle request from a while back when the two of them and Inoyami had gotten lunch together, a fun meal that doubled as a rekindling of friendships. Shikajin could have easily put in his request at the same time as his teammate, but after the hard time he had given her about wanting a carving of a squirrel she would never have let him hear the end of it, so he had to resort to more inconspicuous means, and it seemed that Kazuto had delivered. The chunin would open the box revealing a pair of book holders carved in the image of deer. They looked sturdy enough to hold up the multitude of literature Shikajin had piling up in his room in addition to being aesthetically pleasing. A deep brown finish from antler to hoof, and a rising pose to boot.

"They look exceptional. Thank you." The Nara would reply, his first coherent sentence in minutes. He would have gladly paid for such a service but after remembering the Senju and Yamanaka's back and forth about the very subject he'd simply accept it as a kind gesture. Kazuto would inquire about coming in causing Shikajin to raise a brow? Had the journey from one clan compound to the other tuckered him out? No matter, it was the least he could do. "Sure." Shikajin replied as he turned to walk back in the house, flipping a light switch near the entrance to provide some much needed illumination to the abode. He'd head for the dining area/kitchen, there the two would be able to chat at the table about... whatever.

"Would you like something to drink? I also have some sweets left over from Inoyami's last visit if you'd like a snack."

Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 8, 2020 1:46:25 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"You're welcome." He told the Nara as she allowed him to inspect the nature of his woodcraft, he had been meticulous, not a single point of carving had been left undressed, nothing have been left into a harsh stoke of the carving knives and the sandpaper as he smoothed everything until they had almost seemed as if life had been breathed into the facsimiles of the creatures that they were meant to represent. "I'm glad they are of your liking." He said as he admired the rest of what he could see, snapping his attention back as the Nara called to him.

"Water would be good. I'll pass on the sweets. I'm sure we'll get enough when we go to visit Inoyami." He told his friend as he sat down on a couch, awaiting for Shikajin to bring him the glass of water. He thought of what he would tell him and simply thought that saying the truth was enough. He had figured that with Shikajin, speaking directly to him and not holding any deception would be the best wat to deal with him and so when he returning with a glass of water in his hands, Kazuto would sip it, drinking the cool water before he placed it on a coaster on the coffee table.

"Shikajin, please forgive me the impropriety." He told his friend, giving him genuine smile at him, apologetic, but genuine. "But I must ask a favor from you." He told him before he would allow the seconds to pass and then he would speak again. "I have proposed to Miho to marry me." It was the plain and honest truth. He had told already Yusuke and he would tell Shikajin in the same manner, third would be Inoyami whenever he went to deliver the dray he had sculpted for her. "I came to ask you, if you would do me the honor to be one of my groomsmen. To be there for me in sch an important day." He said, and would await for him to answer.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 9, 2020 9:50:25 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Water it was. Shikajin didn't take any offense to the passing of sweets as that merely meant more for him and he'd be sure to grab a bag of shortbread cookies along with the two glasses of water. Making his way over to the living area he'd hand Kazuto one of the glasses before taking a seat on a chair opposite the couch. He still had no idea what exactly the man could have wanted aside from needing to drop off the carving, which he had done, and the aura of mystery was similar to the one that veiled him when they met up for lunch a while back.

A brow would raise at the request of a favor. What would an established individual such as him need from someone else that he couldn't acquire himself? Furthermore, what was it that he believed Shikajin of all people could help him with. Possibly clan stuff, perhaps a certain medicine needed for someone ill, but that was about all he could think of. His girlfriend was a medic, albeit a genin but a promising one, so anything else in that field she probably could have handled. Curious indeed...

Thankfully the chunin's curiosity would be sated mere moments after as the Senju informed him that he had proposed to Miho, and that he wanted the Nara to be one of his groomsmen. A veil of silence would befall the room, the Nara processing what all he had just heard. After not seeing Kazuto for years and just finding out about he and Miho's relationship in their recent meeting, it seemed things had taken the ultimate leap. "Well, I believe congratulations are in order first, and then to answer your question... yes, I would be honored to stand with you on your big day."

It perhaps wouldn't come with the gusto that Kazuto may have received from others he had told about the wedding but Shikajin was, in addition to being a little confused, happy for the two of them. "What made you decide to do this... now?" He'd ask. They were both so young and to the Nara's best knowledge he didn't think that Miho came from a family that would add benefit to the Senju, so it couldn't have been a political move. So what was it that pushed him to propose?

Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 10, 2020 16:55:55 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Thank you." The Senju would reply as he took another sip of water. He was glad that his friend would be with him at that most important times. But the question that the Nara posed to him was a question that he has asked himself more often than not. Even if he was certain that the decision had been the correct, a part of him still held the doubt. They were young, tentatively they had their lives ahead for both of them. But even despite that he felt that it was the right decision for both to do.

He has considered this for six months as he debated on whether or not to ask her. But as much as he thought, as much as they had lived on their own and together as a couple, as much as he had gotten to know Miho and all the struggles she had lived and how she empathized to what he had lived and ever since they had been together, she had been there to lend her support and patience with him and he would turn to do the same. As he remained in silence he would nod for himself and look at the man as he had come up with a what he thought was the correct answer that could satisfy the curiosity of the Nara.

"Love." He said with all his conviction behind that single word. He didn't hesitate behind it. Even if they were both quiet and reserve, he felt in his very soul, that he and Miho were meant to be together, that if destiny truly existed, there was a red thread that had connected them. He looked to the string of red cloth that she had given to him clasped around his wrist, that she used to keep her hair tied when they met, and he believed earnestly that such belief was truth. Kazuto closed his eyes. "Whenever I am on a mission, I try to return alive, because I know she's waiting for me. I want to see her, to feel her warmth and her arms around me, I want to see her smile when I surprise her or even confront her when I've made her upset and I can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend my life with."

It was, perhaps as honest and open as he could be in that regard. He smiled despite himself at the thought, even if he knew they would clash and content and not always agree, but it wouldn't matter as long as both were together.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 17, 2020 19:48:58 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

To say he was curious about Kazuto's want to marry Miho would be an understatement. The two of them were similar in their silent/strong personalities but that only made it a bit more difficult to figure out the Senju's intentions. Marriages were supposed to be founded on love and all that mushy stuff but the Nara wasn't deft enough to believe that was the end all be all for one such as Kazuto. He was the head of the Senju, one of Konoha's founding clans and represented them with each and every step he took, and the chunin guessed that the clan elders wouldn't stay out of his affairs when it came to giving their blessing --or approval-- for whom Kazuto decided to marry.

Would he reveal that there was some political gain? The merging of families oft shifted the balance of many things and there was always more influence to be gained, though Shikajin wondered what exactly Miho's family had to offer that the Senju needed. A second, and somewhat asinine theory, was that these were rushed nuptials to avoid a possible bad look coming from an early and unexpected addition to the world. It wasn't unheard of, and working in a hospital did allow the Nara to experience quite a few different situations which may have been the only reason that possibility popped into his head. Kazuto seemed a careful man, too careful if he was being honest, but as an accomplished philosopher and doctor had once written in one of Shikajin's favorite books 'Life finds a way.'.

Alas, it wasn't better political standing nor wanting to prevent shame for bringing a child into the world through wedlock but instead... love. Miho was the driving force behind Kazuto wanting to get home from missions, to push himself during his training and meetings, to not only meet but exceed the standards set before him to ensure that he could spend a life with the woman he loved. If Inoyami had been present there was no doubt in the chunin's mind that she'd have twin streams of tears running down her face and puddling on the floor, but from Shikajin there would be no water works and only... understanding. Kazuto was either a very good liar or truly meant every word that had come out of his mouth, and though there was a way to find out which was which (and he would in due time), that was all the Nara needed to hear regarding the reasoning behind his proposal.

"... Fair enough. Sounds like you've thought this through and I'm sure you two will be more than happy together. But..." Shikajin would trail off as he took a moment to shift gears. "... What are the details of this wedding? Picked a season? Clothing? Colors? Location?" He'd inquire albeit a bit out of left field, but being the detail oriented being that he was it was only natural that the Nara needed to know these things, or at the very least that Kazuto had been giving them thought. Granted, he'd stand next to the man even if the wedding was in the middle of a rainstorm in the desert, but it would at least be nice to know what kind of garments those invited would be looking at him in.

Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 23, 2020 11:52:23 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Relief came first then the Nara said he would accept. He supposed that it would've been awkward if he hadn't, but he was glad that the Nara would be there for that day, even more that he had accepted. However it was the next barrage of questions that seemed to take him by surprise. He considered all of the different aspects of a wedding that he hadn't consider and that he had left under Miho's care. It all seemed a little bit overwhelming that it took him a moment process and give a reply to. He blinked for a second and then shook his head. before he spoke.

"Uh.. no... not as of yet. We barely returned from our vacation, mind you, we haven't had time to sit down and begin working on the details." The Senju told Shikajin, in fact, they were more concerned in starting to live together at first, to adjust of having to share a space with the other. It hadn't been as easy in the first few days, considering that he was stubborn and she could have her own temper, but he was sure they would make it work of that he was sure.

"But I think we might be aiming for something in the middle of June." He would say, realizing that eve if that was months away, it felt like some scant time before the actual ceremony could take place. The Senju would return his sight towards the Nara, perhaps having some answers to his questions. "But in regards of attire, we might go with a more traditional regalia for both of us. I think that might extend to you as well." The idea of Shikajin wearing a kimono for the wedding as he stood as one of his groomsmen was amusing to him. Almost as if felt out of place. "As of the location..." He sighed. "Perhaps the Senju Clan compound? Again, we're haven't decided. Honestly I just want whatever makes her happy. I would've eloped if I didn't knew if this was important for Miho, even if she doesn't realizes it."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Familiar Carvings - [Shikajin]Feb 23, 2020 13:41:59 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin hadn't intended to startle the Senju with his multitude of inquiries, but the devil was in the details and he wouldn't join in on something that was haphazardly thrown together, though if the meticulous craftsmanship on the newly acquired book holders was any indication then there was little to worry about. Alas, the Nara wouldn't have been able to sleep at night (ha!) if he didn't try to get as much information as possible, if only to ease his conscious. He would listen to the man go over possibilities, an early summer wedding wasn't bad; definitely warm but not intense heat. Traditional garb was also of no surprise as one of Konoha's founding clans wouldn't let their leader be seen in anything less on their, er, his big day.

The chunin hadn't had an opportunity to wear a traditional kimono in quite some time and he surely couldn't recall exactly why he needed to wear the thing in the first place it had been so long, and though there were a few delicate pieces that came with wearing such garments it'd allow a bit more range of movement than a suit. Finally: location. Having the ceremony at the clan compound would allow for the powers at be to exert some manner of control over just who was allowed while also showing off the bells and whistles of their hospitality. Kazuto didn't seem all that thrilled with the idea and would have been fine with he and Miho eloping which was... unexpected. Granted, he didn't seem like the pomp and circumstance type but a ceremony that informal seemed beneath his standards.

At the end of the day, however, these were all just possibilities and nothing had been set in stone except for the fact that there was going to be a marriage at some point. "Not bad choices should those be it. To be honest I've never been in a wedding, so I don't know what all should be done on my part, but if you need anything from me do not hesitate to ask." Shikajin would reply flashing a small smile. "I'd offer a toast, but the last time we drank we almost died."