Suikazura
Duality of Honey
Suikazura Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday August 25th rank Chunin occupation Iwagakure Ninja
universal

Ijōna kage
Unusual Shadow
"Your strikes, like a silhouette of their true danger, hide their intention. Attacking in a way that make little sense until the real threat of the weapon comes to be found. By that point, it is too late." - Masamune Arata

Ijōna Kage is about utilizing the hidden dangers of weaponry by attacking in such a fashion that doesn't make sense. Not to be erratic, but to make strikes that hide their danger: such as swinging a shield that clearly won't hit an opponent, only to turn it into a spear at the last second. This is the true danger.

This isn't to say the style isn't erratic: but seems it. Usually best used by those who are masters of none and kings of many and their ability to either use a clone or simply out maneuver their opponent through immensely versatile and condensed attacks, and utilising various methods in order to overwhelm their opponents.
Prereqs:
  • Karada Fuinjutsu or Kuchiyose: Raikō Kenka imprinted on the body. (Raiko Kenka is recommended over Karada Fuinjutsu)
  • Bukijutsu Specialization
  • Bukijutsu SA
Credit to Akira & Concept to Wisp

NAME: Tsuppari Irege [Thrust Switch]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
The foundation of most techniques, The user starts out with a weapon and aims for a thrust toward their target: clearly going to fail, the user drops to a longer weapon at the very last second activating the bodily seals to release a weapon to give the thrust the needed length to hit their target.

NAME: Tentou Irege [Counter Switch]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
The user starts with a strike that is orchestrated enough with their stance and movements that the target will either follow with a counter to their intentional "wide opening" or block the strike themselves. What they might've not noticed, is the user themselves has put themselves into a stance that requires the target to put themselves into either off-balance or self-opening strike.

The user, knowing this, changes their weapon utilizing the body seals to at the last moment to block, or strike at the new appendage that has entered into their space with a twist of their body and the change of their weapon.

NAME: Tsubame kara Tsubame [Swallow by Swallow]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
DESCRIPTION:
Quite a simple technique, the user interweaves a strike with a regular weapon, switches to a secondary weapon for a follow-up attack, and then returns to their original weapon. The same can be applied to defensive armaments like shields.

NAME: Shuraiki Debari [Fighting Spirit Projection]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low (Continuous)
DESCRIPTION:
During a dual wield with a larger item, or for a more skillful shinobi (Jonin+) the user strikes one item with another, effectively propelling them at people like their own functioning projectiles. With this technique, someone may even bat a Katana as if it were a Kunai.

NAME: Gyō o Kakusu [Obscure the Line]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
DESCRIPTION:
A technique where user must be in a position that they are on the defense by the manner of melee attack from another. When the target attacks, the user moves to completely "block" the attack - but at the last moment drops their weapon(s) and swivels in a way so that their body narrowly dodges the attack or is simply out of reach from the blow. Before the user's attack can end its full swing the user unseals a new weapon(s), and attacks in the same direction the target is attacking with and making a divisive strike to cut off the limb being used for the attack.

NAME: Tentou Kaitai Suru [Counter Dismemberment]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
DESCRIPTION:
The user starts an attack with a polearm that is intended to through the target off guard. Through the perceived 'thrust' of the technique to a higher place (chest, shoulder, head), they then switch with either a mid or short length sharp weapon, step forward and into the target's space and then turn that thrust into a side slash intended to open up the target's midsection, or, with a close enough proximity: even parting the top and bottom halves of the body.

last edit by Suikazura on Jun 8, 2020 14:42:57 GMT -5
Wisp the Kurox3 has written 367 posts
Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleMay 28, 2020 2:55:21 GMT -5
Moro
Always happy to help!
Moro Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank G-mod/ NPC- mod / WIKIA mod occupation
General: Need clarification on what prereqs are used.
Thrust Switch:
What happens to the other weapon? How do they suddenly have the other in hand? Where does the initial weapon go? Dropped to the ground?
Counter switch: How do they change their weapon? Karada Fuin? Super lightning fast hands?

Piercing Thrust:
Just to be clear, this can easily be dodged by genin as per Jutsu rules1

Bait and Switch: Why isn’t this a genjutsu?

Spirit Projection: So you are playing baseball with a big weapon, batting smaller ones?
Obscure Line:You say seals and unseals they weapon, I dont understand what happens after that, can you elaborate or change the description, please?

Kinetic art: Full strength weapon implies a weaker and lesser weapon?
So you do some attacks, get a good flow going, then launch your secondary weapon at someone? What is the range? Or can I throw my helmet at someone and expect it to go as far as my spear?

Dome Guarding: grip both things at the same time, so in each hand? How are you supposed to hold four weapons? You have two arms, you need to make seals too. You can’t fire two weapons at once which require different set ups. For archery you need to pull the bow and aim, all that takes focus and can’t be done willy nilly, for you to be blocking Mr. Blue’s sword attack with your shield at the same time, you’d need to have a clone, the splitting technique or similar. Revamp/rewrite.
Moro has written 277 posts
Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleMay 28, 2020 8:36:33 GMT -5
Suikazura
Duality of Honey
Suikazura Avatar
groupnull
Thrust Switch
Edited

Counter Switch
Edited

Piercing thrust
Understood - I've changed it to B-rank to reflect more of a danger.

Bait and Switch
- Because it uses sleight of hand- which is something even civilians can do, it doesn't employ trickery of that nature.

Spirit Projection:
Yes, but I've re-written it as to clarify that's exactly whats happening

Kinetic Art.
Edited

Dome guarding:
Good point. Removed.

Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleMay 28, 2020 17:02:12 GMT -5
Moro
Always happy to help!
Moro Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank G-mod/ NPC- mod / WIKIA mod occupation
Bait and Switch: Okay, so you use the fuin to seal X object and unseal Y weapon?
Spirit Projection: This one is funny.
Obscure Line:Take the discord explanation, make it less chat-like and replace it with the current one.

Kinetic art: edit ‘thing weapon’.
Moro has written 277 posts
Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleMay 28, 2020 17:19:34 GMT -5
Suikazura
Duality of Honey
Suikazura Avatar
groupnull
Bait and Switch:
Correct. At the time of throwing you seal the object, they perceive you initially throwing, then unseal a weapon from within the seal to throw, such as a kunai. Its a visual trick, making someone believe, at first, an object is not what is actually being thrown.
Spirit Projection:
Ty Ty
Obscure Line:
I hope this is more readable than the previous iterations
Kinetic Art:
Donearoni
Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleJun 1, 2020 3:05:47 GMT -5
Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Prereqs - I spoke to you about the need for Kuchiyose as the sealing method in order to draw out weapons combat ready.
I would also suggest that a bukijutsu SA make one able to utilize these.
What is the large inventory an alternate for?

Not all of these are an issue. Obviously it'll need to be changed that you need Lightning Flash Blade in order to use the jutsu with sudden equipping.

But one of the major issues of some of these jutsu are going to be the sealing part. Sealing takes time and isn't instantaneous. Flipping back and forth at a partial thought neglects and abuses what fuuinjutsu is. I have no issue with the sudden unsealing. But with the ones that take no time at all to seal, you'll need to find an alternative. Even if its as simple as them releasing their other weapon and letting it fall to the ground while they grip the new one they unsealed.
has written 786 posts
Ijōna kage | Bukijutsu StyleJun 17, 2020 13:13:07 GMT -5
Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Do you need both the bukijutsu SA and Spec? Or either/or?

You need Lighting Flash Blade if you want most of these techniques to work. Karada does not summon this at the ready.

Thrust Switch - To clarify. The weapon they have in hand, they drop. And from one of the seals a longer weapon is summoned in hand. Yes?

Counter Switch - It’s implied that you’re switching the weapon from the one in your hand with one in your seals. You can’t reseal instantaneously.

Swallow by Swallow - I… feel like we somehow miscommunicated majorly in DMs… You aren’t going to be able to switch in and out from your seals instantly.

Fighting Spirit Projection - I’m lost on what the other option is for the more skillful shinobi. I’m also hesitant on why it’s part of this style, but I’ll withhold judgement until I get the answer on the spec/sa thing. I also question why it’s Continuous? And so high ranked… Arguably you could do this without a jutsu, though we both know jutsu makes things more effective.

Counter Dismemberment - "throw” the target off guard. Mind the ‘switching.’ It implies what I said couldn’t occur.
has written 786 posts