Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]

compose a reply
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 11:55:30 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
burning leaves

Miho would rise up from a bended position, her arms reaching down to touch her booted toes as she stretched her back. Rotating from one side to the next, the young female would proceed to pull herself back into a straight posture, narrowing her gaze as she soon began her jog away from the Senju compound.

Miho had made sure to allow herself the time to training every day until the coming exams, just before she had to go to the hospital. It was a stretch in her time management, but she had been able to cut this brief moment in time for her to do so.

It was all about taking a step in priorities. Important as it was to get her rest, she knew that she still needed to prepare herself to perform better this time.

Though the idea of failure still lingered in her mind, she wouldn't let it shadow over her.

Controlling her breathing, she'd continue to move across the area of Konohagakure, soon finding her way into the training grounds provided to those that wished to improve their skills. It was still early, so they were only relatively in use. But, the medic did find a place for herself, soon allowing her attention to focus on her task. Taking up a striking position, she'd soon allow her arm to swing forward, her hand curled into that of a fist before sending out another strike, this one sent from her knee. In breaking forward in a brief sprint, she'd extend her leg outward, holding it within the air before allowing it to fall back into a limp position, the tip of her foot hanging slightly from the ground.

tag || || notes || here ||
last edit by Senju Miho on Apr 30, 2020 11:55:54 GMT -5
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 12:19:08 GMT -5
Han
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation

A shy squeak came from behind some trees directly in front of Miho. It was kind of hard to tell who it was, or what but not long after a puppy came bounding straight at the girl when she had placed her foot down against the ground or at least her toes resting gently against the lush grass. The squeak had not come from the dog although the Shiba Inu was more than excited to have met a new human to interact with and was trying to jump onto Miho with a profusely wagging tail.

"O-Oh.. Oh no!" Now came the voice and from behind some brush and tree trunk stepped out a boy with a heavy blush on his features as he reached out to try and pull his dog back to him.

"I'm sorry she just.. she gets excited." He whispered, not wanting to come off as abrasive. Once he managed to get his dog under control and in his arms he looked to Miho still shy, barely making eye contact, barely really being loud enough to be heard by anyone with regular hearing.

"You're really got some great moves... I wish I was that good..." He wavered a bit disheartened.

Han has written 492 posts
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 12:49:26 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
burning leaves

Her focus was trained on the next move in her stance, though such center was briefly shattered at the sudden noise coming from the tree line before her. Before long, a small dog would be seen rushing out from the foliage, prompting Miho to gasp before feeling it leap up the length of her leg, scampering to her chest before swiftly licking at her face. While Miho's surprise was soon taken over by light amusement, she'd soon note a boy coming in their direction, leading to her looking at them with a calm expression.

"I assume that she belongs to you then..."

The young would reach out for the puppy, to which Miho was happy to give back. Exchanging the creature to their owner, the boy would apologize for her action against her, leading to Miho shaking her head with a smile.

"It's okay..she probably thought I looked too serious..."

As he appeared to be a bit on the shy side, assuming that it much likely had to do to age and a few other things, the boy would then compliment her on her striking positions so far, stating that he wished he were that good.

"What makes you think you aren't? All it takes a it a little practice and time..I'm sure that you'll get to such a point as well.."

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 12:57:31 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

The girl insisted that he could be that good and he shook his head bashful, almost disappearing into himself it seemed as his face grew even redder - as if that were possible. The pup he now held yapped at him to reassure him that he was in fact capable of the same thing but he was quite uncertain even with the pup.

"Th-Think you can show me?" He asked, looking at Miho with a bit of hope that he might actually get some training in. Of course, there was oftentimes no better way than to solidify one's own abilities than to teach them to another. It was one of the ultimate utilizations of knowledge, being able to teach someone. Perhaps Miho would learn something new as well? Well, it was certainly a possibility. if not, then the boy would likely leave rather dejected feeling that he even did not look like he was capable of doing the taijutsu that Miho was performing.

"I was thinking about joining the next chunin exams... But I don't think I'm ready I was hoping someone could help me refine my skills." He was probably a far cry from joining the chunin exams, but he could at least try, right?

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 13:06:20 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

While Miho could assure him as much as he wanted, it wouldn't do much good for him if he didn't believe in it himself. Even with the support of his canine friend. Though this support seemed to come with the question of if she could show him how it was done.

"Me?"

Pointing toward herself with a blank expression, the short haired brunette would hold her gloved hands close to her chest, pointing a finger in her own direction as she looked toward the youth in confusion. Granted, she was a talented Martial Artist, not to mention a adequate medic in her own right. But, she certainly wasn't a teacher. If anything, she'd imagine her best instructors would look upon her and question the very idea that she could do it herself. Still, it seemed as if the boy was really hoping for a yes in this conversation.

Especially, much like herself, he was trying to see if he was even prepared to take the Chunin exams. At the very least, he wanted to refine his skills and perhaps prove it to himself that he was ready.

If she was that age, she'd probably be asking the same thing....she HAD..asked the same thing of another.

"Okay...I'll be happy to help you..."

Shrugging her shoulders, Miho would flash the boy a grin, soon adjusting her long sleeved shirt so that the cuffs would be placed upon her wrists. After brushing the dust from her black shorts, she'd then look toward the youth as she nodded toward him.

"Plus, it will be fun to see if I have what it takes too...Adachi Miho...Its nice to meet you..""

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 13:35:01 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

There was relief and tension in the boy's demeanor. Relief because she had agreed to train him. Tension because she had agreed to train him. Either way, he would put the Shiba Inu down onto the ground, the puppy zooming off to do whatever it was the puppy was going to do.

The youth would slowly reach out to shake hands with Miho when she introduced herself.

"Y-Yamamoto, Jino." It was a decent name, one that he quite liked on himself but he also was very shy so his introduction was at best meek. He was hoping that the girl would be able to show him some good moves.

"S-So how were you standing again?" He would attempt to stand the way Miho had been when he had seen her doing her training poses or striking poses. He wasn't sure what it was. His taijutsu was still a work in progress, but he hoped to one day be an amazing taijutsu practitioner. Unfortunately, no one had been able to mentor him in the right direction, so at best his pose as he attained it was quite sloppy and needed a lot of work. But, that was what Miho was for! Hopefully.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 13:51:08 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Moment Music

In shaking Jino's hand in return, she'd smile in his direction before hearing his question of just how she had been standing previously. If Miho hadn't at least memorized her movements in a way that it felt fluid, she probably wouldn't have been able to back track to recall it. Though, thankfully, training with snakes had more than worked in her favor over the years.

Straightening her posture, the woman would keep her legs together, holding her arms at her side. Before long, she'd slowly extend her right leg back, creating a small gap from the other, yet her right heel appeared slightly elevated.

"Start by centering yourself, creating a balance, and then slowly move your right leg back...though not to the point where you feel like you might trip over..."

As she waited for him to get into the position, she'd would then follow through with pulling her right knee upward, drawing it forward before then bringing it close to her chest as she then extended it outward.

"Then draw it forward as if you were going to attack, maintaining your balance on your left leg. From there, draw it back in to your chest and then extend it as much as you can.."

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 14:31:59 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino listened quietly and then nodded to Miho. He would center himself, or at least attempt to do so. His legs shoulder-width apart, and then just a little wider for better centering. Copying Miho the best he could. Now his right leg would pull back and then extend remaining upon his left leg. Though it was quite apparent as he stood there and attempted to copy the older girl that his balance was shaken and as he extended he felt his core quiver. This was a lot on him, and he let out a small whimper as he felt himself waver more and more until finally in an attempt to bring his leg back he would fall over. Sideways.

Jino managed to catch himself with his arms, but it was work, and were it not for the nicely padded grass and soil he would have been in no small amount of pain. But the ground was soft and he had fallen without taking much damage. Mostly just grass and dirt sticking to his elbows and forearms.

"Dang it... I thought .. I thought I had it." He whispered to himself, frowning in a dejected manner before slowly rising to his feet determined to at least try again, so he would get into the stance again to try once more.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 15:12:36 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

His fall had been something that Miho somewhat expected. It took some time for anyone to find their balance or rather their center of gravity. Though, he didn't allow his failure to deter him, simply rising back up and placing himself within the stance yet again.

"Perhaps we should focus on you finding your center first...that usually comes from something I had to learn a long time ago..."

Sitting herself down, she'd then cross her legs and relax within her position on the grass. Her hands would rest upon her lap, releasing a slow breath as she waited.

"Its easy to simply kick and throw a punch...despite what it might seem. But having a balance or rather...gaining that balance..comes from understanding and relaxing yourself. Your really tense and you really want to do well...that adds weight..believe me..I know the feeling and it doesn't do anything but make your do worse..."

That said, Miho would then close her eyes as she held a calm expression. Keeping her head leveled and her shoulders loose. It should have been where she begun when it came to this minor lesson session.

"So...lets start by taking some slow deep breath...breathing in and then releasing the tension out...it helps...and I should have started with that to begin with...Chono-Sensei taught me that much.."

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]Apr 30, 2020 15:35:07 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino looked at the girl when she sat down, he took that as his cue to do so as well. So he plopped down and started to inhale and exhale. His breathing wasn't exactly what one would call steady it was tense and forced as if he were making himself do all of these breathing exercises... As if he were incapable of simply breathing. Whether it was his nerves or his shyness it was hard to tell but the boy was clearly tense enough to want to do well and the fact that he had settled down to this beginning exercise meant that he wasn't doing well enough to just keep going or progressing.

But, he wasn't going to tell the girl that this was a bad exercise. In truth, he probably needed to sit down and do some breathing instead of trying to keep working on the taijutsu whilst standing.

In and out. In and out. Until in due time, he finally had something a little more natural and relaxed. It certainly took a while though, and the redness to his cheeks never quite subsided as if he were naturally redder or constantly shy. The boy was clearly struggling but at the very least still doing his best.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 1, 2020 8:58:17 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

In and out...In and out...

Miho would allow for one eye to open, looking over toward the youth with a calm expression. It would take some time, but soon Jino appeared to have allowed himself to loosen up a bit. His breathing was less ragged and seemed to come out more natural. It was a small change, but it was a start. As time progressed, Miho would finally seemed to allow for them to rise up, position now once again standing as she seemed to have an idea that might help in moving them forward.

"Okay...now lets try this again...this time..we'll start it with one motion at a time...just follow my lead...one step at a time..."

In stating this, she'd return to the previous position she had been in before, legs at shoulder length apart as she made sure that she was now standing beside the young boy. Nodding in his direction, she'd then take a single step forward, her right arm reeling back before extending it forward. Her right leg back and her left knee bent.

As she waited to see if he was still with her, she'd then proceed with the next motion, this time doing the same motion with the opposite side of her body.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 1, 2020 11:51:26 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino jumped a bit when the girl rustled around in the grass to stand and then spoke. He opened his eyes to see that she had, in fact, stood up and was not sitting there meditating anymore he was quite freaked out. The boy scrambled to his feet, attempting to breathe normally like he had been moments ago but now it was time to do all of the movements again. This time slower. Maybe if he did them slower, he would succeed in some kind of mind-calming or hypnotization. It was hard to tell but the boy really wanted to succeed enough so that he got into position doing his best to relax.

Apparently meditating didn't work for very long for this kid who was full of nervous energy that made him jump around like a nervous rabbit more than anything. Perhaps his taijutsu would suffer from it, or maybe he would develop his own style from it all one day. Hard to tell at the moment.

Either way, the boy got into position first step but trying to bounce his knees a bit to relax his body. Then he would pull his arm and hand back before extending it and stepping forward as Miho did. His heart beating.

"Th-T-This right?"

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 4, 2020 13:49:27 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Miho looked over towards Jino, seeing his posture was still a bit shaky at best. In truth, she wasn't sure what else to do. Her expression remained calm, but a smile came over her face. It remained as gentle as before, her frame moving out of position as she began to move around him. Resting her hand beneath her chin, she'd rub it slowly, soon giving him a thumbs up.

"Looks good...If anything else, I think your off to a fresh start!"

At this point in time, Miho was realizing that teaching wasn't the easiest thing for anyone. If anything, it took both a strict and tender hand. At this point, she had to remember that he was still learning and that meant that his form wouldn't be perfect.

In fact, she hadn't exactly been the picture of perfection either.

Support was more important right now.

"Though you still might want to try releasing a breath with each strike. It might help...think of the most calming feeling you know...something that makes you feel at ease..."

Saying this, Miho would return to her former place at his side, her body readjusting back into position as she then slowly drew her arms close to her chest, her legs once more together as though they were bound. From there, she'd gently draw herself forward again, this time striking with the opposite hand. In doing so, she'd release a breath as if to follow her own suggestion.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 4, 2020 14:55:54 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino would reset himself when the girl did, trying to take what she said into account about releasing air each time he did make a movement. A punch or a kick. He paused a moment thinking it over, albeit still with a nervous energy. Then he nodded and would try to do it all lover again. Each time he tried he was becoming more and more confident in his movements, speeding up a little bit. This time he would move through the exercise, each movement would be finished with a sharp exhale of air as he tried to keep going through it all.

"How'd y-y-you get into t-taijutsu?" The boy asked as he moved through a punch, his posture still shakey but it seemed like he was getting a better handle on it. Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was getting there to at least a certain extent. Slowly. He, of course, asked his question because taijutsu specialists were not super common, it was a dedicated art and one that required a physically fit body and confidence to execute things at close quarters. Being far away was almost not effective at all, which was what made Jino so nervous to pursue the art to begin with.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 4, 2020 18:26:07 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Seeing his progress, it was starting to show more confidence in his own body and it's ability to do the task. It wasn't perfect, but there would be time for improvement the further her went along. Almost in sync, the two would continue through the movements as she heard his question of just what got her into Taijutsu. In truth, the transition hadn't been anything too special. If you looked at it from a normal point of view. Which she did.

"Actually, I got into thanks to my sensei. Before I wanted to be a samurai..."

A samurai's path involved similar discipline. Based on traditions that were linked almost to bloodlines. At least it was for her.

"My family came from the land of samurai...then transitioned into Konohagakure before I was born...It was difficult to get out of such a path...but..being in close quarters against my enemy...has always been my ninch….that and a way of channeling my anger..."

Miho had always had a short fuse and it was only through her sage training and maturity that she had become more tempered. She wasn't perfect, but she liked to think that she was better than she was.

Moving into their next set, she'd then continue to speak.

"When I took up the path of being a medic, she told me that self-defense was just as important in the role as ever since it would not be simply my life I needed to secure..but that of my patients...so she began to teach me..."