groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

list your weapon restrictions here

NAME: Hyourei (氷冷)-- Ice Cold

CLASSIFICATION:

ELEMENT: Ice

OWNER: Yuki Kotoe

DESCRIPTION:

The Hyorei is a wakizashi, or short samurai sword. The blade is about 20 inches and has a pure white appearance. On one side there is a small engraving of the kanji 琴 which is the first kanji of Kotoe’s name. The tsuba is rectangular and there are some curved lines on both sides of the blade. The hilt is dark blue. There is also a white long ribbon on the end of the tsuba. The hilt is also dark blue. Her father had given her this sword when she was a child, designed especially to be used with ease. A treasure to the Yuki Clan for centuries, what looks to be a simple weapon has gone through years of use and kept its appearance without the need to be sharpened.

ABILITIES:

Chakra Reactive (Hyoton)

As a Yuki Clan weapon, it reacts to Hyoton chakra, and allows the user to not only create ice, but also freeze surfaces with the touch of the blade. The blade momentarily changes into a light blue color. The more chakra it receives, the larger the surfaces it can freeze at a given point. Due to the nature of this weapon the wielder is able to channel and perform their own hyoton techniques with sword motions instead of hand seals, creating a faster or more efficient manner to cast their preferred ninjutsu. This is useful in battle but is restricted only to Yuki Clan jutsus.

Increased Durability:

Although durable on its own, the blade further increases durability with the user’s chakra and the water molecules in the surrounding environment. In a dry environment, the user will need to pour more of her chakra into the blade to make up for the difference. It also has the ability to revive and repair itself in the middle of combat using the same mechanism.

Shape Shifting:

With the use of Hyoton chakra, the user change the sword’s length into either a longer or shorter weapon of choice (dagger or normal sized katana) without changing the original functional properties of the weapon (ie: sword to bow and arrow). This is to help the wielder with close combat. The blade and the hilt adjust accordingly and allows the user more flexibility in battles.

last edit by Yuki Kotoe on May 22, 2020 0:52:04 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Hyourei | Personal Equipment May 26, 2020 22:51:58 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
Since all of these abilities mention a chakra drain, I'd like you to label each with a clear chakra cost.

Shapeshifting - I'd be fine with low cost per-shift

Durability - Very low in high humidity, low in normal humidity and medium in no humidity.

Chakra Reactive - I find this SA does a lot, so I'd suggest removing the freezing aspect and instead just create jutsu later on down the line to freeze different sized water sources. I do like that the sword glows with chakra applied and I think this is a good way to indicate you're casting jutsu through it.
has written 685 posts