age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

On a warm day in the Iwagakure academy a young girl sits at the back of the classroom looking outside at the training field, waiting and waiting. She glances over at the clock as she keeps one of her hands pressed against her cheek. The girl is incredibly bored out of her mind as she kept herself occupied looking down at her text books. "Man haven’t we learned enough of this bullshit for one day, when are we getting out of here. I’m itchin to train!” she’d say as she looked out the window she overheard a voice call out to her.
"Taki-san!” said the teacher. Taki begrudgingly turned her head. "Huh…?” she said with a disinterested tone. "Since you have enough time to look out the window and stare at the clouds, could you please tell the class, the definition of the word Fuuton?” Taki not caring to answer simply looks at the teacher. "That’s that wind shit right…?” she’d say looking to the teacher. "Yes, but if you’re going to answer could you not use profanity.” Taki simply sneers. "Can you shut up and teach the class instead of worrying about what comes out of my damn mouth.” she says under her breath.  The class would collectively snicker. "What was that!” the teacher would remark. "Nothing…” she’d say dismissively. A few seconds later the school bell would ring and Taki would get up and take her belongings and stuff them into her bag. As she made her way down the stairs the teacher would look to her. "Y'know, You’d be a much better student if you just cleaned up your attitude, Okada.” Taki would look to her with a scowl. "Screw you, lady I’m just trying to get by.” she’d remark as she made her way out of the classroom.

After leaving the classroom the youth would make her way outside and would head towards a utility locker that contained various items that students could use to train, not before removing her jacket and placing on a bench beside the locker. As she pulled open the locker and went to pull out a training dummy a group of students strolled up and started snickering in her direction. One of them a young red haired boy began to heckle her with a series of jabs at her strength. "Hey Taki!” she minded her own business and let him speak, she wasn’t interested in making friends. "You ain’t so tough! I bet I could take you!” he’d say Taki instead just kept to herself rolling her eyes, as she pulled out a grappling dummy from within the locker and dragged it onto the training field incredibly focused. Taki came from a family of grapplers and wanted to brush up on her technique. Taki needed to make sure that she was in top shape and was trying to figure out ways to incorporate her ninja techniques into her fighting style as a future shinobi.

But as she began her practice of lifting the dummy and slamming it down repeatedly one of the students who watched, jabbed the elbow of another much larger student, to get his attention he had something planned and looked to his compatriot as if to say "watch this.” which made the large boy snicker "Whatsa matta Okada! Too scared to fight using your "wrestling" techniques.” Taki unmoved keeps slamming the dummy, picking it up from different angles this time and smashing it down once more. The larger boy looked down at his smaller framed friend. "I don’t think it’s working Hachimi.” the younger boy raised up his hands and whispered back to him. "I got this man, this one’ll really get her going.” he then kept a smug look on his face. "I bet It’s all fake anyway!” As Taki heard those words. She’d feel her blood begin to boil and dropped the dummy to the ground, turning about and balling her fist. Calling her beloved profession fake was practically blasphemy in the Okada clan and wasn’t something to be taken lightly and had to be defended. A rage had filled her eyes, but Taki knew these two were chumps and played it cool and turned around. "Ohhhh! I think you made her mad!” The large boy looked a little intrigued to see her turn around and began to goad their friend forward. "Don’t worry Toguro, this'll be easy.” the young man would say. He’d then crack his knuckles and gesture for her to bring it.

Taki wasted little time and charged the boy who’s look of confidence seem to fade as she closed in. "Uh-oh…” He said nervously as she wrapped her hands around his waist the younger boy seemed to quickly regret his decision as Taki began to lift him over her head into and slam him down on his head and neck, the impact of which caused Taki to lose her hat. But the little grappler wasn’t done yet as the girl would keep her firm grip on the young man and would turn her body over rolling the boy over into position for a second one. "You wanna see fake huh...I’ll show you fake.” she’d say with almost a dark tone in her voice. She’d then lift him up and perform another suplex, this time releasing him and causing him to land once again on his head and crumple.

His friend seemed concerned as they rushed over to him. "Hamichi!” he’d cry. "Are you okay!?” they’d ask. He tried to reply but all he could do was groan as he rolled himself over his eyes dazed and his vision blurry. "Hamichi how many fingers am I holding up.” Toguro would say extending out two fingers. But just as Toguro would speak Taki would wrap her hands around his collar and lift him up off of the ground still seething from his insult. "You wanna say that again!? Huh!?” she’d say shouting at the boy. "H-hey leave him alone!” his friend Toguro would plead. "Shut up! You know how hard it is to do what I do!” She’d look to the instigator one last time and would toss the injured boy to the floor. She’d then take a finger and point it in his face.

Taki would then toss the injured boy to the floor. "You come anywhere near me and say that again and I’m breaking your back.” Taki would then look to Toguro. "Hey, get your friend and take him to the nurses office.” Taki would then spit on Hamichi, as he started crying. "Tell em, Taki sent ya…” Toguro would help Hamichi up and the boys would scurry off.

Taki would pick her hat up off the floor and dust off all of the dirt. "Now where was I…” Taki would then go back to the dummy she had picked up and began to practice her wrestling techniques on it once again. Lifting it up and slamming it onto the ground, repositioning herself to get better leverage on the dummy. After which she’d lift the dummy by it’s stomach and turn it over as she fell backward causing it to land on the ground, face first. As performed each action her uniform would begin to pick up dirt and she’d wince somewhat as doing it repeatedly on the hard floor was sure to cause her to get a little banged up. But even still she’d keep at it. Until after a while she felt time to take a break and took a seat on the bench where she left her jacket. Pulling out a picture of her uncle from the pocket of her jacket. She’d look to it with conviction and would then grip her palm as she looked out into the distance.

OOC & NOTES

NOTES: Any?
TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

Techniques and such can go here~

Meep has written 1,707 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 7:09:07 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Comfortaa|Josefin+Slab|Special+Elite|Amatica SC]
[newclass=.mvulainsp]width:440px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;padding:30px;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-seadark]width:400px;padding:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/a2kAR9Z.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-moon]width:350px;background:#fff;margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;border:1px solid #aaa[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-singto]font-size:30px;margin-top:10px;color:#005a8f;padding-bottom:20px;border-bottom:1px solid #dcdcdc;width:180px[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-lyrics]width:180px;text-align:justify;color:#005a8f;font-family:Special Elite;margin-top:8px;letter-spacing:2.5px;font-size:11.5px;margin-left:5px[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text]width:240px;line-height:1.1em;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:11px;color:#111;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text b]font-family:Tahoma;color:#8a69f1[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text i]font-family:Tahoma;color:#6e52c4[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:300px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#ececec;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#005a8f[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","mvulainsp"]
[attr="class","mvula-seadark"]
[attr="class","mvula-moon"]
[attr="class","mvula-singto"]
[attr="class","mvula-lyrics"]
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

[attr="class","mvula-text"]

Akira could be seen more often throughout the academy as of recently. Or, at least: would be. This was his first day. He was now helping them out, offering his help - they'd made use of that by getting him to do the most menial of chores. The real back breaking stuff - but that didn't matter to him, he was spending his time having quite an easy job when in comparison to what he did on a daily basis.

[break][break]
But, something was going down that did take his attention. He was collecting some documents from inside the desks, after having fumbled for several minutes trying to find the right key on a huge keychain (why?) and watched an unfolding situation. They were in the training courtyard, and many students tended to do work after their lessons. Some were harder workers than others.

[break][break]
Akira watched through the academy windows, assessing the situation. Wondering if he should intervene. But, tough love was sometimes needed in this day and age, and seeing the girl take care of it even Akira made a sound when he saw the boy getting slammed. "Oof." and he would exhale through an o-ring his mouth had made.

[break][break]
But now that the Jinchuuriki had collected the boxes, he would get out of the classroom and into the hallways and toward the staff room. But, he unfortunately ran into the boys as they were heading to the nurses office.

[break][break]
They were dragging Hamichi away exactly as he would expect them to, the boy crying as they did. "Senseeii, Taki just hurt Hamichi for no reason!" Akira stared down at them, as if he hadn't just watched it all play out. Blankly, basically. "What did she say to you?" Akira would let them dig their own grave if they were willing to use shovels. "She... she was just out of control! I don't know whats on with her!" Whatever excuses they gave Akira would just assess them.

[break][break]
"I just watched you from the 1A classroom. Luckily, I'm not a teacher. If I was, I would give you the detention and not her. Move along." Akira jutted his head in one direction, with his hands encumbered. But, he would move them over to the Staff room as requested.

[break][break]
But, the girl had taken on some of Akira's curiosity. So when he'd done that, Akira would brush his hands. Then - going out into the training courtyard. "That was a interesting grapple technique, Taki." Akira had already learned of her name now, and Akira would watch her ad he stood by - letting her do her thing but would be to her side, inside her line of sight but not taking up her space.

[attr="class","sacred_credit1"]
has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 7:24:02 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki was still lost in her thoughts she had been at the academy for a few months up to that point and was itchin to get out of that place and get on with her mission to get her uncle back. She had already been here for far longer than she would’ve liked and at this point and wanted to be on the fast track to graduate but unfortunately for her she hasn’t exactly had a mentor to help her get her feet of the ground. Taki didn’t know the first thing about being a shinobi and while she had some understanding of genjutsu and a very heavy taijutsu background (ar at least that’s what she told anyway.) she was still lacking a guiding hand to push her in the right direction. And as one can see she wasan’t someone who played nice with others as she mostly kept to herself not wanting to have anything to distract from reaching her goal.

But was she really doing the right thing? She couldn’t honestly expect to save her uncle in such a short span of time right? Or maybe she did and well if that was the case she needed to find a mentor and fast but with her attitude it certainly wasn’t going to be from any of the ass clowns in this academy. They didn’t exactly understand Taki’s motivations, or at least not based on the way she had expressed them anyway. To many of her instructors she was seen as a bit of a problem child. Always acting out and disrespecting authority. Truth be told there was a reason for that, she was efficient she didn’t have time for lectures or dumb philosiphies her only philosiphy was that if you were from Konoha or Kiri, or Taki, or even Iwa and got in her way oh it didn’t matter you were gonna catch these hands. And well here at the academy instructors were attempting to make soldiers who truly cared for the people and Iwa and wanted to bolster their ranks. And truth be told she didn’t care she wanted one thing and one thing only the means and power to save her uncle.

As she leaned into her chair and watched the sunset she picked up her jacket and prepared to leave but that was when a man had arrived in the courtyard to greet her. He was tall had bright orange-red hair and definitely looked like the real deal, unlike the chuckle heads at the academy. Taki looked him up and down, and a smirk came across her face. "So this mean I don’t get detention?” she joked. Taki in the right situations could be very charming and as a professional wrestler charisma was a very powerful trait. Many of the Okada were know for being trash talking, show stoppers that all shared the ability to captivate an audience able to have an entire room either wrapped around their finger or being the one they loved to hate. And even though she wasn’t in the ring she was always in character, now wether or not that was a good thing or a bad thing depended on the person but Taki needed a mentor right now and so maybe it was time to turn up the charm. This guy looked like he knew a thing or just by looking at him and Taki needed to make sure he was on her side. She had a good feeling about this guy. He looked like someone who could train her and train her good.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

The First BellMay 24, 2020 7:44:19 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.mvulainsp]width:440px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;padding:30px;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-seadark]width:400px;padding:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/a2kAR9Z.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-moon]width:350px;background:#fff;margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;border:1px solid #aaa[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-singto]font-size:30px;margin-top:10px;color:#005a8f;padding-bottom:20px;border-bottom:1px solid #dcdcdc;width:180px[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-lyrics]width:180px;text-align:justify;color:#005a8f;font-family:Special Elite;margin-top:8px;letter-spacing:2.5px;font-size:11.5px;margin-left:5px[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text]width:240px;line-height:1.1em;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:11px;color:#111;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text b]font-family:Tahoma;color:#8a69f1[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text i]font-family:Tahoma;color:#6e52c4[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:300px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#ececec;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#005a8f[/newclass][nospaces]
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

Akira wasn't there to misrepresent the academy. "Well. If an actual teacher speaks to those kids who were being fools, then perhaps. But I'm not a teacher here." Only erring to the fact he was a teacher elsewhere. A Genin team leader. Akira would lightly pull on his black shirt, in the heated air of the village, it was hard to forget about the heat.

[break][break]
Akira would kneel opposite her, getting himself comfortable in the incoming evening. He was still tall enough that it wouldn't feel like a huge difference even while on his knees. "The village needs more people like you, who stick up for the good things." Akira was ready to take that back if she proved him wrong, but bullies weren't welcome.

[break][break]

"But I haven't seen that sort of grappling technique in a while. Few people do use it. Are you a Taijutsu oriented student?" Akira asked. It was a fair question, all she was doing was beating the ever loving shit out of a training puppet for a while - and it wasn't awful either. It was a bit like Suikazura, who had certain promise in the art of Bukijutsu. She had some strength too, because Akira couldn't remember heaving one of the puppets around at his age in the academy, not until he was in the later years. And what was she - ten? eleven?

has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 8:05:05 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki looked to larger than life fellow as he kneeled down to her level, he seemed like he didn’t laugh at her joke but hey at least she wasn’t in trouble. As he got on her level Taki planned her next words carefully. "Rats, I was sure he would’ve at least chuckled ah, that’s okay read the room Taki. You still got him on your side.” she’d think to herself. He’d then begin speaking talking about the village needed more people like her. "Oh brother...this again.” she’d think hearing this whole village philosophy malarky was kind of annoying she wasn’t a patriot she was just a girl out for revenge but she obviously wasan’t gonna let him know that. "Okay, patriot talk, patriot talk. Roll wit it Taki Roll wit it.” Taki’s eyes turned to one of wonderment as she thought on his words.

"Really, me eh...thanks. All my udda teacher’s usually just say I’m just a brat.” she’d say rubbing the back of her head. "Cool I think that’ll do.” she’d think to herself trying to turn up the modesty angle to work him into her favor. As they continued their conversation he would bring the topic of wether or not Taki was a Taijutsu student or not. Taki searched her noggin to try and remember what the heck that was, she didn’t exactly pay too much attention in class so sometimes the words eluded her. "Taijitsu...uhh that’s that punchy stuff right? Yeah I do that. Well I mean kinda, I’m more of a wrassler ya see. I’m an Okada it’s what we do.” she’d say proudly dropping down the bill of her hat which read her families name atop it.

"Name’s Taki by the way. Nice to meetcha.” she’d say extending out a hand. She knew that people normally bowed but Taki was a very rough and tumble type of person and her family comes form a more unorthodox part of the country so their habits tend to be a little odd at times. "I’m supposin I oughta call you sensei is that right?” Taki would gleefully smile at the older man her pearly white teeth sparking in the sun.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

The First BellMay 24, 2020 8:31:06 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

So she was a bit rougher around the edges by the way she spoke. That didn't surprise him either, in fact. But her answers gave away a lot more about her than she might've realised. "Well. Physical Arts... Speaks for itself." the words gave it away. So, she wasn't all that intelligent. Or maybe she was, he would not know from the briefest interaction they'd had so far.

[break][break]
"Ah," The Okada clan. That made a lot of sense: Akira had dealt with the clan in the past as the Tsuchikage Assistant. "I have to admit, I've never been to one of the events. Still. A Shinobi Okada? That is rare." It was rare and noteworthy because the Okada were a clan: and like most clans they tended to operate, make money and fame through their Shinobi. They were effectively, civilians. Not on the same level as Shinobi, he thought (in terms of ability) but for a village like Iwagakure they got on together like a house on fire.

[break][break]
Akira would lean forward from his kneeling to take her hand in a shake. She had a tough grip. "Well, I'm no teacher to you, I'm only helping out your instructors. Satori Akira. Call me Akira. " Akira was actually a higher rank than most, if not all of them - but respecting their chain of command in this institute he just performed his duties of charity. He was empathetic, and best of all: talented with words. His own turn of phrase became shorter as he matched her energy and tone, not using overly long words or anything to make himself different to her. Either way he was glad that she hadn't outwardly noticed or pointed out his appearance, being as pale of complexion in contrast to others. But, Kekkai Genkai existing and all that: it was hard to tell otherwise.

[break][break]
Would she know who he was? Doubtful. But, he never knew. He hadn't outed himself years ago only to become hidden, as nice as that would've been. "Does that happen a lot? The other students?" he asked politely. Wondering if it was her, or something to do with her name that caused the aggravation.

has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 9:07:34 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki had listened to the man now known as Akira talk he shook her hand and she gripped it firmly like a good Okada should. He noted the rarity of members of her clan joining up with the shinobi forces since a great many of them only really ever ended up becoming forward the number was fo few she could probably count the number of Okada that were ever in the shinobi forces at a given time on one hand in fact. Taki nodded as he mentioned that he was there to help out the instructors. "Well hey they could use all the help they can get, dhese guys won’t leave me alone no matta what.  I ain’t no model shinobi but I betcha I’ll be a damn good one. Who needs that other stuff when you got skills like me!” she’d point a hand to herself the girls words were oozing with confidence she was good and she knew it.

She may not have had a lot of book sense but she knew what her strong points were gonna drive em home if it meant getting her out of this place. She didn’t exactly hate the academy but she just felt the process was taking longer than she would have liked. And that drove her crazy she had heard something about some exams or something coming up she would’ve hoped that she would’ve been able to make it in time but the slowness of her progress was getting to her. But she wasn’t about to let anyone know that, she just needed to pick up the pace and get the help she needed. Not like anyone here was gonna help her though.

As their conversation continued Akira had asked if that what happened with those bullies had happened alot. The youth nodded her head. "Yeah, at least two or 3 times a week, but those dummies make for good practice. I’ll teach them to call what I do fake.” she says raising her arm and flexing the muscles in her bicep. "Nobody gets away with that, without getting a couple a licks.” Taki was clearly very passionate about her families profession and wanted to make sure everyone knew it. She wore her Okada colors with pride and wasn’t afraid to show it. But her constant violent retaliations to people who make of her or her family tend to make her come off as unapproachable and a something of a loner but Taki didn't mind she wasn't trying to make friends anyway.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 24, 2020 9:17:24 GMT -5
The First BellMay 24, 2020 9:14:45 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

Those words of hers were slick was confidence. He'd give her that. If she was talented in the physical arts, it would be in her interest to continue developing those, even though Akira was becoming more rounded as it went. But he wasn't inspired or impressed by her confidence, or attitude since it wasn't what Akira liked in students but if it worked, and she could back it up - so be it.

[break][break]
"What about the other arts? You need the ninjutsu and other skills to graduate." At the very minimum. Akira was probably certain there were other routes but you needed to far exceed the barrier in order to progress without them. "Sounds like they don't know when to quit." Akira had a few issues in the academy as well but they got resolved quickly enough, the only real issues were between the clan and non clan factions - in what led up to the civil war years ago.

[break][break]
Akira was plenty intelligent enough and he didn't mind helping her. If she needed it - though if she was anything like her attitude was suggesting she would be like Akira and not need, want or ask for it. "And fake? About the wrestling?" Akira had heard it called that. Staged. Fake. Performance. "It is a show, though, isn't it?" Akira had yet to be educated in their way, and so his tone came off innocently enough as he asked about it - there was little mocking to be taken from the tone of his voice as well, so that would aid toward him some. He crossed his arms, listening to her and what she had to say.

has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 10:02:11 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki had heard the pale skinned red-headed guy make a remark about the other forms of study that she was taught here at the academy.
"Who needs em, not this girl. I can get by with technical skill and a little bit of showmanship.” she’s say proudly puffing out her chest. "Some Taijitsu and little bit of that err...Genjitsu’s all I need.” Taki was impressed with herself she was doing a really good job of selling her confidence. "You go Taki, look at you working it out there.” she’d think to herself giving herself a mental pat on the back. "Yo you mind if I clean up while we keep tawkin?” she’d say pointing to the practice dummy.

Taki would go and grab the heavy sand dummy and lift it up only to see sand coming out the backside.
"Ahh, damn not again.” she’d say looking as the dummy began to leak sand all over the ground. She’d then pick it up and prop it against the locker and place some red tape on it to let someone know it was broken. "Man that happens a lot, whateva...I like human practice dummies betta.” she’d say strolling away from it and back to the tall red haired man.

As she returned she’d hear him ask about the show.
"No it ain’t an act it’s a fight, got it.” As she spoke those words her eyes held an intense look about her even thought she was small it was obvious that she was very perturbed by his words. "If you wanna see it that way that’s your business, but wrestling ain’t no act! It’s a chambat ahrt form.” she looked to him with a serious look in her eyes. It was apart of Taki’s duty as a member of the Okada clan to defend the honor of the clan and it’s art. With fake being a big trigger word for many Okada, and Taki was no exception. Of course Taki knew it was all a performance and that Mr. Akira was right but she had to make sure she kept the illusion alive by sticking up for it. To let such an insult slide would be like letting someone spit in your face. Taki viewed her work as a performance rather than an act it was why the talent in her clan were called performers and not actors. They worked hard to make sure no one got hurt and to put on a show for the audience. To Taki to call it an act felt very cheap, bland, like it was simple. But at least he didn’t say fake she’d have to slap him for that one even if he was bigger than her.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

The First BellMay 24, 2020 10:11:28 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

Showmanship and Taijutsu. Well. If she thought she could. "They are useful to have. I still use them as a Jōnin." Akira was trying to get the best out of them, meaning that they would be in the best position for Iwagakure. As she said about cleaning up, Akira nodded and stood up. "No issue."

[break][break]
Taijutsu... but Genjutsu? That was interesting. Very interesting. She didn't have the smarts, so he was coming to understand but had the capacity for Genjutsu? That was. The idea kept rolling around. It would work well, if one could apply Genjutsu in the same way he utilised Bukijutsu. Akira saw the back of the sandbag that she'd broken. That was a good indicator. It was decided. She had potential. And Akira liked potential.

[break][break]
But it sounded like he'd offended her, or at the least she was sticking up for her art. Akira nodded, keeping his arms crossed as though he would've if he were kneeling. "I see." She could dress it up as she liked, they weren't Shinobi in the same fashion and would never pose as a threat to Akira as a fighter. But, the civilians liked them a lot - and this girl was tyring to be a Shinobi.

[break][break]
But she had come to the academy for a reason - right? Why else? They were already... 'performers' and didn't need the Shinobi arts, which was why they were so rare to see. Akira had dealt with enough of them in terms of paperwork since they liked to create hassle, but it wasn't anything he'd never seen. "So why have you chosen to become a Shinobi if you are so vehemently a wrestler? Are you hoping to enhance your skills for the fighting?" There were a flurry of questions and at the least he could tell she held strong feelings for her clan.

[break][break]
Never anything he'd understand, not being from a clan. But his family? Yeah. He supposed he understood. "I could perhaps help with that respect. I have many students." Akira had come to the academy to help - he had. And without reason, he had no reason to spend time around the girl and help her - she wasn't of any importance to him, and so it was done because he wanted to help foster a new generation.

has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 11:07:50 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki had heard him mention his rank whilst she was putting away the dummy and let that sink in during their conversation as they continued to talk. Taki’s had hit the jackpot but was trying to figure out what to say next, she had a jounin now who could teach her which was perfect now she all she had to do was find a way to get the help she needed.

But before she could think on her next words he asked another question, a touchier one asking about why she had decided to join the academy. Taki’s face sank a bit the expression in her eyes hid behind the bill of her hat. It was something that was very near and dear to Taki’s heart was her primary motivator for wanting to get out of the academy, but it wasn’t really something that the young grappler really wanted to talk about. Besides if he was a fan of the product he might’ve already seen the interview on the young starlets retirement which would’ve explained everything.

Thankfully before she could answer he spoke once more saying how he could help her improve herself saving her the trouble of having to spill her guts about why she was there. This was welcome news to the youth she was tired of not getting anywhere with her current instructors who didn’t want to deal with her attitude and if she kept doing on her own like she had been it was going to take her forever, and by then who knows what would’ve happened. She didn’t mind asking for help and even she knew she was out of her element here. "Forreal!?” she said. "I ain’t no dummy or nothing but this ninjitsu stuff ain’t easy so uhh yeah I’m down!” she’d say sheepishly scratching the back of her head.

She wanted to say more but look through the window and noticed the clock in the classroom 1A’s window and knew that she needed to go. Her family was running a show and Taki despite not being a wrestler still had an obligation to help with the family business. "But uhh not today though. I gotta get going! My family is running a show later tonight and I gotta help pass out fliers.” Taki got herself together and now seemed to be moving in a hurry. "Wanna meet here tomorra?” she’d ask as she took her bag out of one of the outdoor lockers and walked ready to turn the corner to head home.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 24, 2020 11:08:55 GMT -5
The First BellMay 24, 2020 11:24:52 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

So even though she'd not know, Akira simply didn't know who she was - or how important she would grow to be. But then again, he wasn't the all knowing type of person - her being a clan heiress didn't mean that he would treat her too differently (he would've, even if he didn't want to...)

[break][break]
So even if she didn't want tell him it was fine and she was willing to learn ninjutsu. That was good: a good work ethic was important. "Right. Tomorrow." Akira nodded, happy to make the cut. Akira would leave her to it - she could take off, and she would find him there the next day.

[break][break]
As for her leaving, Akira didn't know what he'd gotten himself into. Akira looked at the training dummy - it wasn't worth his time any more. Sand? He needed rocks to fight with now. How things, and times had changed.

[break][break]
Akira would return to the staff room - where their desks were to see if there was anything else that needed to be done. If not, Akira would take off to training ground 61.

[break][break]
When the next day came, she would find Akira in the training courtyard. He would be dressed up normally - ready for training in trousers, boots and black shirt again. "Taki." Akira nodded his head, waiting for her. There was a set of three dummies out already, unless she'd chosen to bring out one herself.

last edit by Deleted on May 24, 2020 11:26:56 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 13:10:53 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

After last night’s successful show, Taki makes her way to the training grounds where she meets up with Akira the next day after class. However, the normally high spirited Taki seemed a little more hot headed than normal, since earlier in the morning, she took some time to visit her Aunt who is still heartbroken over her uncle’s disappearance. And while seeing her aunt suffer hurts Taki to her core, that same pain is also what drives her conviction forward. As such Taki makes a point to visit her daily to update her on her training. But as she saw her sensei in the yard she took a second behind the walls of the academy to slap her cheeks and whip herself into shape. Not wanting to lose her cool in front of on her sensei.

"Yo Akira sensei! Sup!” she’d say once she arrived on the training field. She noticed that he would have 3 training dummies set up. "Hey we got three Mr. Sandies now!” she’d say noticing the extra dummies. She’d then walk up to him and notice his clothes. "Nice duds.” she’d say. "So what’re we doing with these? More Taijitsu trainin or somethin different?” She wasn’t entirely too sure what to make of everything there were three dummies but only one of her was he maybe going to teach her how to fight 3 on one or something? Surely he was planning on telling her but up to this point she was pretty much clueless for whatever was to come.

But he was the sensei after all and more than likely knew what he was doing so all she really had to was listen. She’d check out the practice dummies and would then take off her jacket and set it in a locker before walking in front of the dummies and would start hopping up and down in order to get the blood flowing rolling her neck and loosening out her arms. "Ready when you are, Akira-sensei.”

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT:

last edit by Taki Okada on May 24, 2020 14:59:16 GMT -5
The First BellMay 24, 2020 16:53:50 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

She arrived, at a leisurely pace. It wasn't her fault: Akira hadn't specified an exact time. But there he was waiting patiently. If this happened again, he was going to specify a time for them - and not have to wait around for an hour. And he couldn't just start training in front of the academy students or he wouldn't get anything done. But with her there now, he could begin. She asked what they were doing. "Something like that." He smiled. But, she would let her look at the dummies as well - before finally breaking the news.

[break][break]
"I am a clone. Just so we're clear. I'm not real, but effectively every bit realistic as if I were." Akira would begin, not holding back. "One of these is the original. The other two are dummies. Tell me what the odd one out is." Akira instructed her pretty clearly. Akira was starting with the academy techniques but doing it in a manner that would appeal to her best. She liked training dummies? They would work with training dummies.

[break][break]
Functionally speaking, they were all exactly the same. No amount of looking around it would come across any difference - so anything she drew from it would be a farce. She could notice, or might not. Akira would test her abilities, one by one: and the first was to see how good her ninjutsu was. But, the Henge technique was the first one he learned, so it was his wrong assumption that he'd thought she would have learned it already.

[break][break]
Still. It could be taught.

has written 0 posts
The First BellMay 24, 2020 17:49:39 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

TAGGED
@akira

HEX CODE
#e06e14

WORD COUNT

ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME

And how you play it.

Taki listens in on Akira going over how he is a clone and that the real akira is somewhere amongst the three Mr. Sandy dummies. Taki looks em over and thinks for a second "C’mon Taki you know this one, clone technique clone technique.” She’d look over the clones but then hear Akira remarks on how each one looks similar. She’d look down however and notice that two of them are casting shadows But one of them isn’t. "From what I remember, the clone technique only works if one of em has a shadow right…? So the one without it has gotta be the real one! Only one way to find out!” she’d think to herself having finally figured it out.

Feeling rather clever about having figured out the technique Taki pulls back her hand and then gets a smug look across her face as she swipes it forward almost like a knife edged chop only to turn her hand during the turn and begin to aim for the center of the dummy’s chest "Here comes the pain!” she’d shout as she follows through and her palm slaps against the chest of the dummy Taki grinning wildly waiting for it to burst revealing Akira beneath the ruse. "Ha! Gotcha! Didn’t I Akira-sensei! Haha!” she’d say feeling proud of herself for having potentially figured it out. But nothing happens.

Taki seems confused, she then hits one of the other clones but still no poof. "Yo what gives? Where the boom?” she’d say frustrated with the process. She then chop the last remaining dummy and still no poof. "This ninjitsu stuff is fucking annoying I swear.” she looks to Akira. "Am I doing something wrong...?” Taki then gestures for the clone to explode with her hand making a fake explosion sound.
"There's no....Pschooof?" she then looks to Akira with a raised brow not sure as to what she may have missed.

OOC & NOTES

TECHNIQUES/EQUIPMENT: