Frosty Selection[Open]

fallen blades
Frosty Selection[Open]Jul 21, 2020 13:52:20 GMT -5
Hana Chieko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hana Chieko Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday April 15th rank Civilian occupation Black Smith/Merchant
Frosty Selection
The older female would give a thumbs up as she continued to work, looking as the fires of the forge began to blaze, leading to her taking her set of tongs from upon the anvil after placing on her gloves to prevent from burning herself. It was more or less second nature at this point to be prepared for working with hot metal to protect one's self, plus she had gotten enough of a reminder after burning herself to always be sure to do so.

With Yamato seeming to be providing the youth with some advice on how to best take on the exams, the dark haired woman would get to it, using the tongs to pick up the blade as she placed it over into the flames, watching it begin to heat up. It would take melting the metal down if she wanted to refine it, allowing it to unlock it's inner strength from its raw materials. Adding upon it, such as the crafting of a hilt, would come later. But it was starting from the bottom, and working the rest of the way up from here on out.

This girl wanted the best, and she had paid for it, she'd get it for sure when it came to Chieko's skills.
Though she couldn't help but be a bit curious on what nugget of wisdom the newly appointed Chunin would give.

"I think she wants to hear it Yamato...same for me too!"

With a grin on her face, she'd continue to focus on what she was doing, retrieving a second tool from the makeshift shelf in the shape of a iron bool, handling it with care as she placed into a rack nestled inside of the heated forge.

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 175 posts
Frosty Selection[Open]Jul 22, 2020 17:43:49 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Preparation, and good comrades, are the keys to victory
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Sp. Jounin occupation Kusagakure Lord

Frosty Selection

@all
The smile on Yamato's face only grew brighter as his offer was met with resoundingly excited acceptance. There was a leap of cheer in his heart as he experienced the familiar sensation of fulfillment that came whenever he found himself imparting some of his own wisdom to others. Just as he was gathering his thoughts, another voice called out from behind him, drawing out a chuckle from the Kusagakure shinobi.

"Okay okay, I'll say it, I'll say it. My advice isssss..." The man paused, raising a single index finger and wiggling his eyebrows for dramatic effect. "Teamwork! The chuunin exams historically have tested both a shinobi's individual skills and abilities as well as their ability to work with others."

Memories of his own exams flashed in Yamato's mind, which thankfully were more teamwork oriented that particular year. Still, even if they were more individually focused, Yamato was sure his advice would at the very least give this girl some insight, and so he went on.

"I don't know you all that well, but I've known some shinobi that were very untrusting of their teammates during the exams, trying to succeed solely on their own abilities and ended up expending all their energy unnecessarily. Now, I'm not saying to completely rely on your teammates to pass the exams, but it's both fine and smart to lean on your allies when you can, prove that you can be a team player as well as conserving your strength for when you have to stand on your own."

That was another fact that often went over the heads of eager genin as well. 'Winning' in the exams didn't necessarily guarantee a promotion to chuunin. At the end of the day, readiness was determined by the leadership figures of each village, which meant that even if one possessed the physical skills to be a chuunin, that didn't mean they were quite ready in the mental department as well.

Extra notes;

Chou
Yamato has written 544 posts