Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]May 28, 2020 18:33:10 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you

It was a few days after they had all arrived, Toru was feeling a lot better, no longer quite as exhausted as he had been upon the first day where he had done little but sleep. He had gotten plenty of rest and was now more at capacity to explore the village of Byakuya. But his exploration plans had fallen short after about lunch when he had realized he had not yet experienced the aforementioned hot springs that the country, and apparently village, had to offer. Knowing he would regret - albeit only slightly - not going to check them out, he decided to visit the bathhouse.

As was customary, upon arrival he was given several towels and instructions to wash before visiting the springs themselves. So he followed orders, making sure he was clean head to toe before wrapping a towel around his half and waddling out into the cold. His body tightening from the temperature, but he knew this would soon be remedied as he poked his foot daintily into the water. It was pleasantly hot.

Slowly he would slide into the water and let out a sigh, melting into the water. It felt good... Takashi would have liked this. But, no, the pup was definitely better off at home. What was to come in only a few days, was certainly far too dangerous.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]May 29, 2020 11:41:29 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Surprisingly there was a lot to do in Byakuya. Issei always imagined that an area covered in snow would have little to offer. It was one thing to go through a winter in Konoha, but to be in a land where all it did was snow? He couldn't imagine how someone would live with this on a daily bases. For starters you had to dress differently, and there were probably little to no fun to be had either.

You were probably more prone to getting sick more, and if you needed to get things you probably have to go through a plethora of uncomfortable conditions to get to them. Issei knew in the back of his mind there were probably things to deal with all these flaws, but with him being from an entirely different area it was just much harder to imagine. However, there was supposedly a famous hot spring somewhere in the area.

It was always odd to him that hot springs could be in some of the weirdest locations. Like no matter what there was a place for it. As a kid he read a lot about them, and one of the most beneficial factors was how many healing properties they had. He always imagined that they would be too hot for the body to handle, but even they everyday civilian was using them so what harm could be done to himself?

When Issei found the location he'd be met with one of the assistant at the entrance desk. There they went over the rules while also providing him with multiple towels. He was to wash himself before getting into the springs which made a lot of sense to him. You wouldn't want just want anyone getting into a hot spring. Heat did well to disperse dirt and to be sitting in someone elses filth was a nightmare.

Once he washed himself Issei headed toward the hot spring. In there was a familiar face he ran into a few days ago. "Hmm." He'd make sure to keep a relatively nice distance from the kid so that he didn't feel hostile, but he was still relatively close to guy. When he step foot into the water he felt like for a moment his body was boiling, but once the heat settled in he could understand why people felt better and more relaxed when they were here.

"I Think we uh.... Got off to a bad start that first encounter."

The tone in his voice was kind of empty, and he knew he did not even have to bring that up, but he did anyways. They might have been from opposing nations, but that did not mean they couldn't coexist for the sake of being promoted and helping their village right?
| AP has written 653 posts
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]May 29, 2020 12:11:57 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

In truth, Toru was halfway to sleep with his face halfway submerged and his nose occasionally blowing bubbles in the water by the time that Issei showed up and got into the water. He created ripples, but it didn't bother Toru any as he continued to rest and relax. Not even opening his eyes to check and see who it was. It didn't really matter, his own personal growth and muscular rest was far more important than worrying about someone who was joining him in the hot springs.

That was, until the voice came, and someone spoke to him. One reddish eye opened, he viewed who it was. The boy from the other day, and the rather odd altercation that had followed.

"Mmm.." Toru hummed blandly, pulling himself up just so that only his chin was in the water not half of his face. "We did not," Whether Issei viewed it as such or not was irrelevant to the youth. "The girls did." Toru did not believe that the bump in and his calling Issei stupid to be a necessarily negative encounter, just a neutral one.

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]May 29, 2020 14:33:56 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
In truth, it took everything inside of Issei not to laugh just now, but the only way he could bypass that feeling was by smiling. It was extremely uncomfortable doing that in front of the enemy, but he couldn't help himself. What the guy said was funny, and to be honest it was true. The two of them said not so pleasant things to each other, but none of it was going to warrant a deeper reaction.

It wasn't until the girl came along did things get ugly and out of hand, and as much as he hated to take the side of the boy Kazui set things off further than his counterpart did. Although, there was a lot to appreciate from the fact that Kazui had his back the way she did. "I guess you're right." Issei responded while trying to wipe his smile away, but it only help a little. Something about this guy tickled him.

In a lot of ways he reminded him of the average Uchiha. As Old man Kazuto would say; the boy was definitely edgey. Even the way he seemed to be enjoying himself in the water was odd, but it was something he could relate to. Once he finally got over the response from earlier Issei thought of continuing the flow of things by exchanging names with the guy.

"I'm Issei..."

His introduction wasn't like the other ones, but it was better than nothing at all. Regardless of the past his village had with Kiri it didn't mean he couldn't talk to him right? It wasn't everyday you got the chance to be in the same space as an enemy like the Chuunin exams. After this the only time they'd ever see each other again would more than likely be on the battlefield. Here they could just be themselves. Even for a moment.
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]May 30, 2020 11:00:56 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

Toru glanced to the other once again, were they introducing themselves now? Odd. But he would oblige, as it was only fair from one warrior to another, no matter the skill level to reciprocate a gesture. But, without family names, it seemed. Which was good, because Toru had been concerned he as going to slip up at some point during this event and introduce himself as Himura Toru, instead of Kaguya Toru.

"Toru." He murmured in response, his lips creating bubbles against the water as he continued to stare at his new hot springs mate. "Kirigakure no Sato." Well, that was pretty obvious by their interaction from yesterday, but Toru was poor when it came to his social skills, so to him to introduce his village seemed only natural even if it was not necessarily the case.

Sinking now back further into the water, he kept an eye on Issei. Wondering, if in a couple of days he would be standing alongside Toru on a team, against Toru on another team or if he would meet his demise completely in general... Though the same could be said for Toru. Not that Toru felt he was going to be dead anytime soon. He had to bring honor to his village first.

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 1, 2020 11:37:22 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei was glad to know the kid did not take their last encounter so seriously. They might have been enemies on a battlefield level, but that didn't mean they could adhere to the rules of the treaty to get to know one another in ways they might never get the chance to ever do. "If my calculations are correct, you're probably more on the quiet side too aren't you?"

The Uchiha didn't expect to get an answer from the kid as he didn't even blink an eye when things almost went south with his friend and Kazui, but he'd make sure to allot time just in case he did. "Moments like this are rare.. To be honest I can't think of another time where we'll ever get to coexist in such a way." Issei didn't know how the kid looked at this, but for Issei it was going to be a lesson to give to generations to come.

For most of the Shinobi he knew most of them died under the same alliances and with the same enemies. It was rare that villages switch sides throughout history. So the likelihood you'd get a fresh perspective on the life of an enemy Shinobi was slim to none. It was these moments where you got the chance to see them as people. Sometimes the only chance, and for Issei he knew this was this kind of moment.
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 3, 2020 13:02:13 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru took everything seriously, but rarely anything to heart. He understood that he could still be allies with someone without being nice to them, he could even be mean to someone at one point and then act like nothing happened in that encounter. That was his gift, he was too busy traveled up in his own mindscape to care about what others thought of him or his interactions with them, so nothing was ever ultimately taken to heart... Unless it was a repeated annoyance, then he could not help but be repeatedly annoyed and develop a disliking for one thing or one person.

When the boy asked if he was on the quiet side Toru shrugged, some would call him on the quiet side. Others might say he does talk at a normal amount. But, he did not choose to speak. Speaking was kind of a waste of energy unless he had something important to say or he was answering a very important question. This was not an important question, so he just shrugged, he would allow Issei to develop his own ideas.

"You and I are enemies, we will always be as such. It is odd to share a hot spring with an enemy." Toru remarked blandly before submerging his lips back into the water bubbling gently in comfort.

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 11, 2020 19:08:51 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
The lack of response given from his initial words was actually kind of embarrassing. He felt like he could have gotten a little more from the kid than just a look, but maybe others took the whole enemy thing to another level. Issei never looked at his job from a personal standpoint so having beef with an enemy nation was pointless to him. His only job was to be a tool for the village. To follow orders.

Surprisingly the kid responded to what he said after his initial question. As expect the response was definitely more on the dark side. A sigh escape from his lips as he accepted the kids odd personality the same way he accepted the other Uchiha in his clan. "Well... You're in it so. I guess that makes you a traitor." Issei answered sarcastically and annoyed at the kid who resubmerged himself mostly into the spring.

Issei wanted to blame the kids personality on being young, but that wouldn't be fair to do so. Since his career as a Shinobi begin taking off he had met a number of Shinobi that excelled at levels on par with himself or beyond that were younger. Maybe he was just one of the many unfortunate souls who had to suffer early on in life.
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 12, 2020 11:57:33 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru was not sure what he was a traitor of, he had been in the hot spring first, so if anything the other boy was crossing territory he should not have. If that was what he was talking about, but, Toru wasn't really one to ask for clarification either. He just assumed and continued to exist within a vacuum of whatever Toru was. He was immovable in some ways, stubborn and lacking in understanding of kind human interaction - he was still awkward with Minako, always stiffly touching her to try and show affection as a son would a mother. If one could call her that, he was not even sure if she saw him as a son, only a necessary guardian so that he did not die from starvation...

Though the village had been doing better recently. Only recently.

He stared at Issei, unsure of how to respond so he just shrugged his petite shoulders sliding out of the milky hot water briefly before moving back inside. Another could call him a traitor, or any name they would like - he wasn't understanding the sarcasm or irritation that much was clear - it wouldn't change what he saw himself as.

So, Toru unceremoniously moved on in the conversation.

"Konohagakure no Sato, an enemy of Kirigakure no Sato... What is it like?" He would have been a liar if he had said he was not a little curious about how the hidden leaf looked. For, the hidden mist looked as if it were hidden in the mist... Was there a constant swirling of leaves to hide Issei's village?

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 13, 2020 0:43:02 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei assumed that this might be the end of their conversation based on the body language of the guy. If he were being honest with himself then he had to acknowledge that he was hoping for something that reminded him of his relationship with Nori. Silly, but to him it would have been pretty cool to meet someone he could sort of relate to, but this kid was just too different.

There lives and their homes probably dictated a good amount of their personality. His was wrapped in ignorance as a result of the fear he had over the clans powers. There was no telling what life was like in Kirigakure as there was always little detail on enemy nations. He figured from here on out that he'd stay silent, but surprisingly the kid said something that might actually carry the conversation somewhere.

"Geez... Ya didn't have to say all that, BUT... Since you asked, uh.... Hmm.. It's like a big village in the middle of nowhere.. If nowhere was a huge landmass of trees."

The Uchiha started while trying to formulate something else to say that wouldn't compromise something about the village. He was certain that wasn't the reason the kid asked, but he had to be sure anyways. "The climate is mostly warm, but we are fortunate enough to experience all seasons of the world so my mother tells me.. I like it."

"What about your home?"
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 15, 2020 20:20:34 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Big village in the middle of nowhere did not exactly explain a lot, but it did confirm that it was just a landmass of trees. There was a variety of seasons and the weather was warm. He liked his home, but he did not love it? Perhaps he read into it, but Toru knew that people used certain words for a reason, so he zeroed in on the word choice for a moment, before he looked at Issei directly in the eyes when he asked about Kirigakure.

"Misty." He remarked blandly, and it was. It was the village hidden in the mist, after all, most of the islands and towns or villages had some mist to them... Although some of the more tropical ones did not.

"Cold, warm... Depends on where you go." Also true, but he wasn't going to tell the other much since he had decided not to reveal much to his question.

"Usually can't see much in front of you." He added, before he slid back into the hot springs with his lips, continuing to stare at Issei. Maybe the other had something to say if not then Toru would not oblige to speak back. Something about conversation being a two way street.

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 26, 2020 18:59:18 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
The Uchiha hoped the kid might answer his question, but he kind of already prepared himself for the reality that the kid might not. He constantly gave off that 'if I feel like it' vibe so there was no telling when he'd actually interact with you or just sink his face back into the water. Surprisingly enough the kid actually answered. His answer was very similar to how his was explained. In fact, he'd argue that it was answered in the exact same fashion his own answer was.

His village, much like the name it held was surrounded mostly in mist. A sort of cringe look on his face showed as he thought about living in an area where you could barely see anything. Konoha had its days like that, but it happen very little and never to the extent that the kid described. The only positive was that the area could still get warm. The cold on the other hand was a definitely no for him, but given the climate he lived in it was something he experienced a number of times.

He wish he could have said more to the kid, but the reality was that they were both on opposition sides on the political stage. If he were from lets say, Kumo, or Suna he could have told him way more, but despite the leeway that was given due to this treaty he still had to look at him for the person he was. An enemy of the Leaf by default. It was a sad world that they live in, but it was the nature of what they both signed up for.

"So.... What made you decide to become a Shinobi?"
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jun 30, 2020 12:20:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru's expression broke momentarily, the stone look had his eyebrow lifting ever so gently, though it fell pretty quickly back to its expression of neutrality and slight disinterest. He stared for a few beats before his lips would rise once again from the water, he would actually pull up from the water a bit, leaning against the edge of the hot spring, revealing his shoulders a bit. He was of thin frame, not severely so as he used to be, but still a bit more than the average genin. Toru was still recovering from living in a daily state of starvation in a way.

"I..." He paused, what was a good way to describe without making himself seem like a charity case? Because sometimes he was certain that his life was that of a charity case, especially to those around him. Those who were better off their whole life.

"After my parents passed, I didn't have any skills so I entered the academy on a government scholarship. The village needed shinobi after the war, a lot died so the need to replenish ranks. I was a good candidate, but no money." He shrugged, that was the best way he could explain it. He was just an orphan as the result of the kirigakure civil war who entered the academy because he had no other skills to provide to the village, and to provide for himself at the end of the day when he grew too old for the orphanage.

"You?"

Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jul 9, 2020 23:47:10 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei realized that he was successfully managing to carry the conversation to a point of actually getting a response from the kid, but he wouldn't have been surprised if the kid just suddenly stopped talking to him altogether. Asking ones reason for becoming a Shinobi was usually a personal question, and given the reality that this guy was from an enemy village there wasn't much guarantee that he'd actually say something.

Toru started off by saying something and then stopping as if he was contenplating whether or not he wanted to continue what he was saying. A soft sigh escaped from the lips of the Uchiha before he started to slowly turn himself away from the kid. He could only do so much. Its not like he was even the chatter box himself, but the only way he could improve that was by making strides with others he normally wouldn't even attempt to look at.

Surprisingly though, Toru responded. Much like many of the people he grew up with his parents passed away. He didn't give a reason why, or how so Issei just assumed the reasons were probably related to war or something just like everyone else. He went on further explaining how he got into the academy on a scholorship. It was something he never heard of anyone having, but the word was something he understood.

Most Shinobi didn't need to come into the academy with such a thing. He couldn't imagine what kind of position he might have been in to even need one. Despite Konohas animosity toward Kiri he could sympathized with the struggles the villages might have gone through as a result of the war. Some villages definitely had it worst than others.

"Thats tough..."

Issei muttered softly before sinking himself into the water. Maybe asking the kid that question wasn't the best idea. His story wasn't anywhere as courageous or as ballsy as Torus. He came into privilege, but decided he wanted to help the village anyways. "Um... I love my home... I was initially against it and wanted to be like my father who retired early to be a cook."

"However, after an incident I decided that in a world where people are dangerous no matter how good you are that I could make a difference by joining the ranks.."
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Jul 16, 2020 19:38:40 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Issei almost evoked a smirk from Toru at the other saying that his father was a cook, or had retired early to become one. Seemed reasonable, and cooking was an art of its own. One that Toru was not good at. He could combine things until they tasted vaguely good, but at a bare minimum. He had once burnt water trying to boil it at Minako's place, from that point he had been banned from the in-house stove. But, it had been done with the best of intentions, and fortunately, he had suiton to put the fire out... There was at least that much. It was a noble profession - cooking - it didn't require murdering others too much, and fed the masses. Food was something Toru appreciated, coming from starvation and poverty.

"And?" Toru asked, or questioned rather now as he stared blankly at Issei. He always stared blankly, but his gaze was particularly abrasive now. Stone cold, as if he were trying to pry an answer from Issei's soul as opposed to just him talking. Toru had a hard time shifting into being a normal boy with a normal attitude, and personality. He struggled with morality to a huge degree.

"Do you feel that you've made a difference?" Most shinobi wanted to make a difference, even Toru to a degree had his own way of wanting to do so, even if it was a bit skewed from the others.